PDA

View Full Version : Poop Ice Cream Jihad!

Bwana
09-29-2012, 09:09 AM
The president of Livingston-based Wilcoxson’s Ice Cream, which runs a plant in Billings, offered to resign Friday following social-media fury over a one-sentence Facebook response.

Although he insists he meant nothing derogatory, Wilcoxson’s president Matt Schaeffer, of Livingston, offered to step down to save the company from fallout over his response to a Muslim customer who asked if the company used any gelatin containing pork in its ice cream.

The meltdown started the evening of Sept. 21 when a man in Sheridan, Wyo., posted a Facebook comment about Wilcoxson’s “cookies and cream” flavor ice cream containing gelatin.

“Does it contain pork? I am a Muslim and love your ice cream and when I read it today I was shocked. I look forward to you writing me back. Thank you. If possible, if it does have pork gelatin please tell me what flavors do so I can avoid them thanks again. ”

Schaeffer said he was tired that night, was responding to a series of posts and only read to the “pork” part of the sentence before clicking on the writer’s Facebook page where he saw a map of Pakistan and quickly wrote this response:

“We don’t deliver outside of Montana, certainly not Pakistan.”
Schaeffer said he didn’t see the address of Sheridan, Wyo., because he didn’t read that far.

“There was a map on his Facebook page with a map of Pakistan, with a balloon in the center. I presumed he was sending this from Pakistan,” Schaeffer said.

The commenter took offense and wrote:

“What are u talking about!!??? I think.ur comment is rude to assume I live in Pakistan.”

The man said “just because of your ignorance, I wont buy your ice cream and definitely wont recommend it.”

http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/facebook-trouble-for-a-montana-company/article_d7101c11-0010-5cae-b40c-39b2a909ac82.html

Dick Bull
09-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Dumb mistake for sure, but I don't know if it's Jihad worthy. Then again I don't agree with half of their stuff being Jihad worthy, so who knows?

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2012, 09:19 AM
A devout Jew or Christian for that matter would care as well.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Dumb mistake for sure, but I don't know if it's Jihad worthy. Then again I don't agree with half of their stuff being Jihad worthy, so who knows?

You know what they say about ASS-uming. Can't he just be pissy faced and disappointed?

Dick Bull
09-29-2012, 09:24 AM
You know what they say about ASS-uming. Can't he just be pissy faced and disappointed?

I don't know what you mean.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2012, 09:26 AM
I don't know what you mean.

Well....does everything have to involve Jihad? or can't he just be pissed off and take his business elsewhere?

Pawnmower
09-29-2012, 09:38 AM
meh, with the google map balloon on Pakistan, probably thought it was a joke.

Dick Bull
09-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Well....does everything have to involve Jihad? or can't he just be pissed off and take his business elsewhere?

Apparantly Bwana didn't think so.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2012, 09:50 AM

He probably thought it funny, and it is kind of especially considering it happened in his home state.

Dick Bull
09-29-2012, 09:51 AM
He probably thought it funny, and it is kind of especially considering it happened in his home state.

I'm a little curious what happens in an ice cream Jihad.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm a little curious what happens in an ice cream Jihad.

www.askamuslim.com

or this guy could have the answer as well...

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/hsYBgvfaBQI.x?p=1" width="720" height="433" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#hsYBgvfaBQI" style="display:none"></embed>

www.askaninja.com

BucEyedPea
09-29-2012, 10:34 AM
He should have burned that ice-cream stand down. LMAO

Bwana
09-29-2012, 10:42 AM

I thought it was funny that the guy got so butt hurt. He sounds like a thin skinned douche.

KILLER_CLOWN
09-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I thought it was funny that the guy got so butt hurt. He sounds like a thin skinned douche.

I own a business and this happens daily with people from every walk of life. The owner had a dumbass response, I wouldn't act like that. I have to admit I do not eat pork either but difference being I don't believe it sends you to hell it's just unhealthy for you. I would probably still eat the ice cream provided it agreed with my stomach.

Dick Bull
09-29-2012, 11:00 AM

Oh yeah, definitely agree.

People are way too fucking sensitive. They need to wash out the vag sand and go on their way. Jesus, just buy a carton from Walmart and shut up.

Dallas Chief
09-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh yeah, definitely agree.

People are way too fucking sensitive. They need to wash out the vag sand and go on their way. Jesus, just buy a carton from Walmart and shut up.

THIS. People need to calm the feck down and stop trying to make such a big deal about EVERYTHING!:banghead:

qabbaan
09-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Bring me the head of the ice cream man!

Saulbadguy
09-29-2012, 08:19 PM
#getaclue