PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I Wish I Didn't Care so Much...

Big Smoke
09-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Everytime the Chiefs lose it bothers my personal life.. work, relationships, etc. Today I turned off the game in the 4th quarter and took a nap. But I woke up just being even more pissed off. I feel sorry for those who pay hard earned money for season tickets, or even those who pay money to go to the games. I have a bad feeling home games will be blacked out soon.

Coogs
09-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Everytime the Chiefs lose it bothers my personal life.. work, relationships, etc. Today I turned off the game in the 4th quarter and took a nap. But I woke up just being even more pissed off. I feel sorry for those who pay hard earned money for season tickets, or even those who pay money to go to the games. I have a bad feeling home games will be blacked out soon.

I Wish I Didn't Care so Much....

Today I turned off the game in the 4th quarter and took a nap!

LMAO Priceless!

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 06:15 PM

Don't take this a preachy because I'm not trying to be that way.

It's just football. You can't control it. Don't let it control you. Be stronger than a game. If the Chiefs lose you still have the same people in your life who love you... family, friends. You still have the same job etc. The Chiefs change nothing in your life, win or lose. The only power they have over you is what you give them so take it back. Enjoy the game because you enjoy the game in general. Celebrate the wins and blow off the losses. None of it really matters.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 06:16 PM
I Wish I Didn't Care so Much....

Today I turned off the game in the 4th quarter and took a nap!

LMAO Priceless!

I was really tired and fell asleep half way through the 4th quarter last week. Woke up and found out we'd won in OT. WOOOOT!

#1 Bronco's Fan
09-30-2012, 06:16 PM

Have you thought about drinking heavily? Maybe some prozac or Ambien too?

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Your priorities are way out of whack.

Inmem58
09-30-2012, 06:19 PM
I get mad as well. I don't take it out on my relationship though.

Big Smoke
09-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Your priorities are way out of whack.

I'm young. I love my team. It's just hard to watch.

Big Smoke
09-30-2012, 06:20 PM

Well I mean it's more like... I get pissed and don't want to be around anyone.

Big Smoke
09-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Don't take this a preachy because I'm not trying to be that way.

It's just football. You can't control it. Don't let it control you. Be stronger than a game. If the Chiefs lose you still have the same people in your life who love you... family, friends. You still have the same job etc. The Chiefs change nothing in your life, win or lose. The only power they have over you is what you give them so take it back. Enjoy the game because you enjoy the game in general. Celebrate the wins and blow off the losses. None of it really matters.

Good advice. :thumb:

3rd&48ers
09-30-2012, 06:22 PM

I'll be damned if a bunch of million dollar prima donnas are gonna affect my life.

Fuck em

Lonewolf Ed
09-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Well I mean it's more like... I get pissed and don't want to be around anyone.

As a long time Chiefs fan, trust me, there are only so many tears you can cry over this team. I get mad at the losses, especially ones like today, but within a half an hour or so, it has passed. Think water on a duck's back and let it just roll off and go away.

milkman
09-30-2012, 06:23 PM
I laugh at this team's ineptitude.

I no longer get pissed about losses.

Too many years of losing in the 80s and watching this team get bounced in the playoffs in the 90s just took my anger about this team out of me.

qabbaan
09-30-2012, 06:25 PM

It's like being but hurt over an ex that was worthless. You're better off just to forget it and move on with your life

Pablo
Just start playing a fun drinking game. Every time Matt throws a duck/overthrow/turd ball you take a shot of Everclear.

You'll be dead by half-time and your pain and suffering are over.

Gonzo
I uses to get really upset/angry when the chiefs would lose but things in my life have put that shit in perspective. Married, kid, mortgage, etc. now I don't really give a rats ass. Especially since the chiefs are a 2nd tier team and have had a losing tradition for years now.

Haley should've never been fired, I miss Carl and vermeil is the best coach this team has seen since Stram. Become a realist, discard the rose-colored glasses. Life is better that way.

Brock
09-30-2012, 06:26 PM
The problem is you think, deep down, that there's still hope.

Stop it.

milkman
09-30-2012, 06:27 PM
I uses to get really upset/angry when the chiefs would lose but things in my life have put that shit in perspective. Married, kid, mortgage, etc. now I don't really give a rats ass. Especially since the chiefs are a 2nd tier team and have had a losing tradition for years now.

Haley should've never been fired, I miss Carl and vermeil is the beat coach this team has seen since Stram. Become a realist, discard the rose-colored glasses. Life is better that way.

A realist knows that Dick Vermeil sucked ass in KC.

Iowanian
09-30-2012, 06:28 PM
You just have to do what I did and just accept that the Chiefs are a bad girlfriend.

If you just accept that we Chief fans are weak for shitty women, in this case the Chiefs it all makes sense.

She's a cheating filthy whore who will steal your money and is only with you for your back pills. Yeah, every 6-8 years she cleans up her act, wins 12 games, stays faithful that you know of, gives you a regular hummer and you think everything is going good.....and then you come home early from work and 2 guys and a truck from sandy eggo are in the driveway, and 9 inch Nails is blasting on the stereo when you start up the stairs. That whore is air tight for the playoffs.....

RunKC
I don't feel sorry for anyone who pays their money to see this team.

Anyone who goes to these games is a dumbass.

Dr. Facebook Fever

I didn't want to say it because I like Gonzo lol. I hated Vermeil.

BoneKrusher
09-30-2012, 06:29 PM

welcome to the club man.

Flachief58
09-30-2012, 06:30 PM
I used to get pissed after a loss too but, ever since the herm years, I don't let the suckage get to me anymore. I found myself laughing at every turnover and SD score today. This team is pathetic and getting my blood pressure up over something I can't control just isn't worth it.

threebag02
09-30-2012, 06:30 PM

And your hand thanks you

Ace Gunner
09-30-2012, 06:31 PM
find a ho

Iowanian
09-30-2012, 06:32 PM
I didn't get excited about last week's win because I knew immediately that the only reason she wasn't sticky was because I called and let her know I was coming home in the 4th quarter.

the Chiefs are a terrible girlfriend. All of our friends tell us to break up with her, but for whatever reason, you still love that whore.

Red Beans
09-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I've had the same issue in the past, but today is my son's due date and the little turkey decided to stay inside and marinate a bit more. I can't blame him, he's a doomed fan just as I was. However, having my son set to come into the world has really given me some perspective. My wife even asked me today why I haven't been my usual grumpy self after these losses. Perspective...

I'll watch every shitty game, cheer like a son of a bitch, and wait. Wait for the day that our owner hires a GM who's not a control freak dipshit, and someone comes in here and brings some pride back to the team, creates the "Chiefs Way." They're not the Chiefs I know right now, they're an aberration, an attempt by a madman to validate his own legacy. He's the fucking Cecil Rhodes of the NFL. And once that man is destroyed by his ego, he'll be replaced by someone who cares about winning first, then my son and I will sit and rejoice together. After today, you know it's coming, the dissatisfaction has those eerie winds blowing...

KCBOSS1
09-30-2012, 06:35 PM
About 6 or 7 years ago, I was the same way. I would be mad for three days. Don't get me wrong, I'm still emotional about it... still discusted over the Cassel/Pioli love affair.... all that. But I realized that I was in way too deep. I had to get some perspective about it. Still do sometimes. It's sports, that's all. My whole week hung with the Chiefs, win or lose, hoping for the Super Bowl, particularly back in the Trent/Priest/Willie/Tony/Vermeil days. What a waste of energy. I lived and died with them and they don't deserve that much power with me. I got perspective. Now, I'm emotional through the game, and at the end, I move on.

KCBOSS1
09-30-2012, 06:36 PM

No, just the Morons. We haven't had a real team since Dick Vermeil.

3rd&48ers
09-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Dick for a Meal was a good coach

BoneKrusher
09-30-2012, 06:37 PM

i agree, especially on Offense.

3rd&48ers
09-30-2012, 06:38 PM
I use to love it when Dick 4 Meal started crying

Demonpenz
09-30-2012, 06:39 PM
I take it hard because I love sports. I can't deny my passion for my teams. If I.was going to list the things I like. Football would be #1 or #2

boogblaster
09-30-2012, 06:47 PM
my anger left years ago ... but i still have hate for casshole .....

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I used to be as bad as anyone when the Chiefs lost a game. I'd be pissed, stomp around, slam doors, break things... it was pathetic.

I actually credit my ex-wife for helping me stop being that way with something she said after I'd gone outside and broken a carved brick that had the Chiefs logo carved in it and painted after a particulary tough loss. She said basically "I love you but you're a immature child when it comes to the Chiefs. I want them to win too but just because they lose doesn't give you the right to make everyone in this house walk on eggshells because you're mad about a damn football game. Think about what you're teaching the girls."

She was absolutely right and I needed to hear that. I told my girls I was sorry for the way I behaved and that it was wrong and no way for an adult to act. That was the day I started letting go.

Now I watch the games and have really no reaction to bad things happening other than laughter because it's just so "Chiefs" for those things to happen. I start every game rooting for us but once we start getting buried I have no problem switching it up and rooting for fail and laughing at it because maybe enough fail will eventually and actually change things for the better.

The bad thing is I don't enjoy football near as much as I used to because I'm not emotionally invested but the good thing is the game has no power over me anymore because I'm not emotionally invested. I like option B a lot more.

lewdog
09-30-2012, 06:53 PM
I have gotten over the caring which I never thought I would do. Personally I wanna go back to the days of getting pissed off, it affecting my attitude for days after a loss, and getting jacked as hell for big wins.

Right now it is just enjoyable to watch the train wreck and I almost want Cassel and this team to play as bad as they possibly can so pressure can again be put on management for whatever that would be worth.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 06:53 PM

We didn't have a real team with Vermeil. We had a real offense.

Bacon Cheeseburger
09-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Find some other hobbies/interests, and apply your passion to them. You'll probably find them to be much more rewarding.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Dick for a Meal was a good coach

He was a good offensive coach. He didn't even realize we had defensive players too.

3rd&48ers
09-30-2012, 06:56 PM
He was a good offensive coach. He didn't even realize we had defensive players too.

We usually have either a good offense or a good defense... We don't have either now...

milkman
09-30-2012, 06:57 PM

You mean a real team that was historically bad on defense?

One playoff appearence in 4 years, in a game they lost because they couldn't force one punt or turnover.

A .500 poorly constructed team that crumbled due to age as soon as he "retired".

Dick Vermeil is the most overrated piece of shit coach ever.

Dick Vermeil sucked ass, and almost every bit as responsible for today's suckage as is Pioli.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 06:58 PM
We usually have either a good offense or a good defense... We don't have either now...

Well we don't either. But by God Cassel can pad those stats once the game is effectively over.

Ace Gunner
09-30-2012, 07:00 PM
No, just the Morons. We haven't had a real team of good players like Priest, Roaf and Shields since Dick Vermeil.

FYP

And that was great offense, but the defense was crap. Now all ya are left with is the crap because the good ones all retired.

this staff has done enough to be replaced, but it was likely to happen this way later anyways. building a good team from this country club is going to take several men & staffs. It ain't really that far from where it was when it was tubbin' heavin' $miles.

Lotta "We made too many mistakes to win and I'm included" crap to be found on the pressers. The excuses are deep in the locker room, too.

I liked how the reporter asked Matty C if Romeo talked about "making a change". Heh. Thank you sir, whomever you are.

3rd&48ers
09-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Well we don't either. But by God Cassel can pad those stats once the game is effectively over.

I will watch football every week but you can bet your ass I won't lose a minute of sleep :thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 07:16 PM
I will watch football every week but you can bet your ass I won't lose a minute of sleep :thumb:

At least the Raiders don't have any yellow on their uniforms. It suits us though.

See, you win.

lewdog
09-30-2012, 07:18 PM

Because your team is gay.

:shrug:

3rd&48ers
09-30-2012, 07:20 PM
At least the Raiders don't have any yellow on their uniforms. It suits us though.

See, you win.

As sucky as they are right now I seriously believe they are headed in the right direction.

New Coach and New Culture

We will see

3rd&48ers
09-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Because your team is gay.

:shrug:

SHADDAP

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 07:36 PM
As sucky as they are right now I seriously believe they are headed in the right direction.

We will see

I agree that they're headed in some direction. It doesn't matter to me though because some direction is more than my team is doing.

lcarus
09-30-2012, 07:45 PM
I laugh at it now. The only time I get mad is when the refs make a bad call. We have enough problems. But I'm almost 30 now. I don't really give a shit anymore the way I used to

3rd&48ers
09-30-2012, 07:49 PM
I laugh at it now. The only time I get mad is when the refs make a bad call. We have enough problems. But I'm almost 30 now. I don't really give a shit anymore the way I used to

You are OLD

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 07:51 PM

fuck you

lcarus
09-30-2012, 07:53 PM
fuck you

If it makes you feel any better, the world might end soon?

Dayze
09-30-2012, 08:02 PM
I watch the chiefs like it is when you're trying to make it home from a drive with a flu type butthole. Expecting to poop all over myself, but have a smile on my face when I make it home in time to destroy my toilet.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 08:04 PM
If it makes you feel any better, the world might end soon?

Oh yeah well there's that then... thanks.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 08:05 PM
I watch the chiefs like it is when you're trying to make it home from a drive with a flu type butthole. Expecting to poop all over myself, but have a smile on my face when I make it home in time to destroy my toilet.

Just close the planet down now. This says it all.

lcarus
09-30-2012, 08:17 PM
I refuse to come up for a game until Cassel is gone. Why waste the time and money

Pablo
09-30-2012, 08:19 PM
I refuse to come up for a game until Cassel is gone. Why waste the time and moneyDon't.

I only live 30 minutes from the stadium. I could only imagine if you had to drive 2+ hours home after watching that sort of shit show. Fuck that.

lcarus
09-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Don't.

I only live 30 minutes from the stadium. I could only imagine if you had to drive 2+ hours home after watching that sort of shit show. Fuck that.

4+ hours for me. I've made the drive home after many Herm losses and it was ok. No more. I even drove to Indy ona Friday evening, watched us lose, and drove 12 hours home right after it was over. My loyalty is just all used up.

sd4chiefs
09-30-2012, 08:55 PM

We will see

I have been saying that for 40 years. 40 F**KING YEARS!!! :banghead:

notorious
09-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow.

I "act" mad on here, but in reality I am playing with my daughter and son having a great time.

Don't let this loser team drag you down.

lewdog
09-30-2012, 09:01 PM
I wasn't pissed until I read that the Chiefs posted a message that Matt Cassel broke Montana's passing yardage record for most yards in the first 4 games of a season. They are seriously pimping a shit stain QB. Just a loss for words and that made me extremely angry.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 09:02 PM
I refuse to come up for a game until Cassel is gone. Why waste the time and money

One of my brothers told me he wasn't following the Chiefs anymore until Cassel was gone before last season. I figured he was over-speaking but he hasn't watched a game. He knew it.

gblowfish
09-30-2012, 09:03 PM
I've been watching Philly vs NYG for the last hour. It's amazing how good the games are when the teams are skilled and evenly matched. Both of these teams would destroy us.

Deberg_1990
09-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Everytime the Chiefs lose it bothers my personal life.. work, relationships, etc.

Seriously? maybe you need to re-evaluate your life?

petegz28
09-30-2012, 09:04 PM
I've been watching Philly vs NYG for the last hour. It's amazing how good the games are when the teams are skilled and evenly matched. Both of these teams would destroy us.

Vick's passes cover 20 yards faster than Cassel's 2 yard checkdowns

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 09:06 PM

"It's like they're playing a different sport."

lcarus
09-30-2012, 09:07 PM
One of my brothers told me he wasn't following the Chiefs anymore until Cassel was gone before last season. I figured he was over-speaking but he hasn't watched a game. He knew it.

I'll still watch. I just won't help finance this shit.

notorious
09-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Oh ya, Philly and NY are much more physical than the Chiefs, and have a lot more speed, too.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I'll still watch. I just won't help finance this shit.

I watch too... until my local CBS affiliate takes them off in favor of another game, which is any time now. It's comedy relief for me in the meantime.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Oh ya, Philly and NY are much more physical than the Chiefs, and have a lot more speed, too.

Philly and NY have professional football teams. We have 53 guys wearing football uniforms.

notorious
09-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Antifreeze can make the pain go away.

lcarus
09-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I watch too... until my local CBS affiliate takes them off in favor of another game, which is any time now. It's comedy relief for me in the meantime.

Yeah I have the Ticket so Im stuck with the game til the end mostly. We laugh at it and just shake our heads.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah I have the Ticket so Im stuck with the game til the end mostly. We laugh at it and just shake our heads.

I thought about getting the ticket but I'm glad I didn't. Whatever games are on my cable is fine with me.

lcarus
09-30-2012, 09:20 PM
I thought about getting the ticket but I'm glad I didn't. Whatever games are on my cable is fine with me.

My brother got it free somehow this year. Luckily

HemiEd
09-30-2012, 09:22 PM

Give it 43 years, you will get over it.

Gonzo
09-30-2012, 09:41 PM
You mean a real team that was historically bad on defense?

One playoff appearence in 4 years, in a game they lost because they couldn't force one punt or turnover.

A .500 poorly constructed team that crumbled due to age as soon as he "retired".

Dick Vermeil is the most overrated piece of shit coach ever.

Dick Vermeil sucked ass, and almost every bit as responsible for today's suckage as is Pioli.
Meh, I can see your point but at least the team was in every game and came to play. They've been shit since. The team was exciting to watch and you knew they had a chance.

3rd&48ers
09-30-2012, 09:45 PM

All the way around great teams... It must be nice..

RunKC
09-30-2012, 09:50 PM
I admit I get pissed off every time I watch this team play. The 90's were probably the worst though simply because those were the best teams we had seen in the last 40 years and they should have done better.

What a shame.

HemiEd
09-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Meh, I can see your point but at least the team was in every game and came to play. They've been shit since. The team was exciting to watch and you knew they had a chance.
They were very entertaining, this team is not. They are depressing and disgusting.

Oh Snap
10-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Its crazy when you stop and think about it. Pioli has had four years to improve this team. The talent today is better than it was then; however, the chiefs haven't won a playoff game since Joe Montana played for us...Thats nearing 20 years ago...Change is needed; and heads best be rolling at 1 arrowhead drive. This teams play is absolutely inexcusable. Crennel seems to be way in over his head with being DC and HC, Cassel clearly is a backup QB making bank as a starter, Pioli's draft picks haven't translated into more Chief victories...eventually, something has to give. Clark needs to clean house.

GoShox
10-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Give it 43 years, you will get over it.

I feel bad for long-time fans who have seen the team play really good football and have to watch what they put out there now, if it can even be called football.

I never liked watching football much growing up for reasons unknown to me, but for some reason something clicked when I randomly had the TV on for the Chiefs / Chargers game in 2010 on MNF and I just fell in love with this team. Since then I've watched every single second of every game that I was able to watch, so the high points, which haven't been much, have been merely making the playoffs , turning around the 2011 season briefly before falling again, and beating the undefeated Packers. The low points have been numerous, such as being Buffalo's punching bag and whatever it was I watched on my TV today. But at least I'm used to mediocre football. Although they weren't successful in the playoffs, watching some of those 90's teams and then watching this garbage must be depressing.

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 01:26 AM

How old are you? (if I may ask) The chiefs used to effect me quite similarly, but, I don't know, after I found a serious girlfriend and a somewhat serious job, I sort of realized that some things were just more important than a fooseball game. If Clark isn't this passionate about the team, why should I be?

Also, they can be pretty funny as well, my roommate and I literally lost it after Cassel's second interception today, sometimes all you can do is laugh.

In the end, sports teams are supposed to take you away from the stress of real life, but, unfortunately, Chiefs (and Royals fans) have to use real life to get away from the stress of our sports teams.

Ah well, life goes on.

#1 Bronco's Fan
10-01-2012, 01:26 AM
We didn't have a real team with Vermeil. We had a real offense.

You had a good team the year KC lost to Peyton Manning in the playoffs. Probably your best year since.... Montana was around.

Hog Farmer
10-01-2012, 01:43 AM
I know what you mean. Whenever the Chiefs lose I beat the fuck out of my wife and kick the shit outta my dog. Then when I go to work I go down the line and kick every one of my boars square in the nads. Then I usually fire an employee or two. Then I go to lunch get drunk and come back to work and accuse all my employees of theft because I can't find my semen thermos.

CoMoChief
10-01-2012, 01:50 AM
I know what you mean. Whenever the Chiefs lose I beat the **** out of my wife and kick the shit outta my dog. Then when I go to work I go down the line and kick every one of my boars square in the nads. Then I usually fire an employee or two. Then I go to lunch get drunk and come back to work and accuse all my employees of theft because I can't find my semen thermos.

whew....glad i'm not the only one...

Holladay
10-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Didnt read thru the whole thread...late. My nap wasnt in synch. Naped thru the first 3 qtrs. Have it recorded and blast thru the commericals. Thus normally start watching at half time, without looking at the score. Blast thru commericals and was VERY surprised last week. That was fun.

After the nap today, saw the score, watched with commericals for 15 min...went back to bed.

Did we win????

mdchiefsfan
10-01-2012, 04:01 AM
I feel bad for long-time fans who have seen the team play really good football and have to watch what they put out there now, if it can even be called football.

I never liked watching football much growing up for reasons unknown to me, but for some reason something clicked when I randomly had the TV on for the Chiefs / Chargers game in 2010 on MNF and I just fell in love with this team. Since then I've watched every single second of every game that I was able to watch, so the high points, which haven't been much, have been merely making the playoffs , turning around the 2011 season briefly before falling again, and beating the undefeated Packers. The low points have been numerous, such as being Buffalo's punching bag and whatever it was I watched on my TV today. But at least I'm used to mediocre football. Although they weren't successful in the playoffs, watching some of those 90's teams and then watching this garbage must be depressing.

You, sir, are doomed!!!!