PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will Matt Cassel ever suit up for another team?

Rain Man
09-30-2012, 08:41 PM
There are five possible outcomes for any player's career with a particular team:

1. They retire voluntarily and never play for another team.
2. They get cut and never get signed by another team.
3. They get cut and get signed by another team as a free agent.
4. They get traded and go play for another team.
5. They get lured away via a free agency contract.

Am I missing anything?

Setting aside any short term anger at Matt, do you seriously think that he'll ever suit up for another team via Outcomes 3 through 5 above? Would another team sign him to start or backup or possibly play some special teams?

chiefzilla1501
09-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Yes. He's a decent backup. He's just not starter material. I wouldn't mind a guy like him playing if you need a QB for a 2-3 game stretch. We've seen worse.

petegz28
Dude would not be a terrible back up. I could see some team signing him for that role and that role only.

SNR
He'll be a veteran free agent that some team acquires to round out their QB corps. I'll betcha his next job is as a third stringer for the Patriots or Falcons.

Baconeater
09-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Nope. It's painfully obvious he is going to be in a Chiefs uniform until his career is over.

Bwana
09-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Nope. It's painfully obvious he is going to be in a Chiefs uniform until his career is over.

With our luck, that will be another 8-10 years. :doh!:

BigRedChief
He would be a suitable backup for a stud QB.

durtyrute
He'll be a veteran free agent that some team acquires to round out their QB corps. I'll betcha his next job is as a third stringer for the Patriots or Falcons.

Damn you beat me to it. I've been thinking that when we cut his ass, McDickface won't hesitate to get Bellicheat to sign him up.

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-30-2012, 08:45 PM

As the starter. Until he's 40.

Count Alex's Losses
09-30-2012, 08:45 PM
He will go back to New England to backup Brady.

stonedstooge
09-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Why not be a man and step aside? Fans would think a whole hell of a lot better of him if he just resigned his starting position. I know he made tons of money off the Cheaps, but damn man, show some self-respect

Frazod
09-30-2012, 08:47 PM
I voted no. I can't believe that any other organization in football would be dumb enough to hire that fucking turd after this.

Sad thing is, he doesn't need to. He can crawl off into the sunset just like Grbac did after he got his big payday from Baltimore.

To earn that much money and totally suck at your job...... it's just infuriating to even think about it.

tredadda
09-30-2012, 08:48 PM
He will play again, just not as a starter.

Munson
09-30-2012, 08:50 PM
He could backup Carson Palmer in Oakland. It would be just like the good old days at USC.

DrunkBassGuitar
09-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Pioli will hire him to replace Jim Zorn.

#patriotsway

ClevelandBronco
09-30-2012, 08:52 PM
He's wealthy enough to walk away. I really doubt that he has anything like a passion for the game.

J Diddy
09-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Pioli will hire him to replace Jim Zorn.

#patriotsway

I would kill myself by repeatedly hitting myself in the head with a brick.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2012, 10:50 PM
He'll be a backup.

Teams always need a backup and he's experienced.

He sucks ass but most backups suck ass.

Chief Roundup
09-30-2012, 10:53 PM
He will go back to New England to backup Brady.

Where is Mallett going?

Chief Roundup
09-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Who says he is ever going to leave the Chiefs?

Bump
09-30-2012, 10:55 PM
someone is gonna take him as a backup

Planetman
09-30-2012, 10:56 PM
You forgot, they retire then unretire./Favre

mr. tegu
09-30-2012, 10:59 PM

I am starting to think that the ONLY thing that makes him a suitable backup is his vast amount of experience in comparison to other backups. There are probably 25 backups right now that could be inserted and do exactly what he is doing now.

As for the answer to the OP...we aren't that lucky I'm afraid :(

CoMoChief
09-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Not as a starter.

he'd be an ok backup that has NFL starting exp...at least he has that going for him.

Deberg_1990
09-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Daddy Bellichek will take him and Pioli back soon....

HemiEd
09-30-2012, 11:41 PM
Daddy Bellichek will take him and Pioli back soon....

Please, oh please!:grovel:

#1 Bronco's Fan
10-01-2012, 02:33 AM
If the Chiefs do not re-sign him to a long term contract (probably will) than I am sure he would sign somewhere else. He would be a great back-up QB for most any team in the NFL.

CoMoChief
10-01-2012, 02:55 AM
If the Chiefs do not re-sign him to a long term contract (probably will) than I am sure he would sign somewhere else. He would be a great back-up QB for most any team in the NFL.

Great? No way....serviceable at best.

I can't imagine him playing any better when he's not getting any reps in practice and doesn't have timing down w/ his players etc.

God damn I wish he was replaced.....I know Quinn sucks, but I'm almost at that point where I don't give a **** and put him in if for anything else, we'd all get a few laughs. I'd also would be for just letting the bastard burn...and ride it out just so we can all see how god damn bad he is. Don't know if the players would like that though. I do know this...I bet if we had a Drew Brees or Rodgers or Brady, that Dwayne Bowe would have signed a long term deal. I bet he wants to go somewhere that has a real QB.

The most important position in football is the QB position, and this franchise has treated the position like a red-headed step child.

BoneKrusher
10-01-2012, 08:20 AM

maybe, as long as he never sees the field.

Gonzo
10-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Hell sign an extension this week... I mean shit, he's on fire. Look at those stats!

DaWolf
10-01-2012, 08:33 AM
McDaniels loves him. They'll sign him in New England to back up Brady and trade Mallet for picks...

Predarat
10-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Sure he will be a backup slot somewhere but unless you can get rid of the idiot GM he will stay as QB.

#1 Bronco's Fan
10-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Great? No way....serviceable at best.

I can't imagine him playing any better when he's not getting any reps in practice and doesn't have timing down w/ his players etc.

God damn I wish he was replaced.....I know Quinn sucks, but I'm almost at that point where I don't give a **** and put him in if for anything else, we'd all get a few laughs. I'd also would be for just letting the bastard burn...and ride it out just so we can all see how god damn bad he is. Don't know if the players would like that though. I do know this...I bet if we had a Drew Brees or Rodgers or Brady, that Dwayne Bowe would have signed a long term deal. I bet he wants to go somewhere that has a real QB.

The most important position in football is the QB position, and this franchise has treated the position like a red-headed step child.

Cassel would be a great back up. If your starter gets hurt for a game or two Cassel could come in and perform great. Remember that is how he got this huge contract from the Chiefs.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-03-2012, 01:44 AM
NO, his contract has a clause which states he will wash Pioli's car and cook dinner for his family as the family butler. This was part of his job description for receiving 63 million.