PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to defend Chester now?

redbrian
11-14-2000, 10:21 AM
Well, I think the McGlockton debate has been settled. I'd like to thank Chester "The Cap Molester" for proving me right. There is now no doubt that Chester is a big, fat, overpaid tumor that is sucking the life out of the defensive line.

It was said that his "collapsing of the pocket" and his ability to "occupy linemen" is what made him a valuable asset to the Chiefs. As it turns out, he seems to get in the way of others who are actually trying to make a play, rather than trying to make a paycheck, either by committing a stupid penalty as a teammate makes a nice play, or by physically getting his big arse in the way of someone else. He's only RARELY double-teamed now. I'm sure that every offensive lineman in the NFL who's going to face the Chiefs in the second half of the season will see the film of Mo Collins singlehandedly using Glock like a sperm receptacle, and will focus their attention on Williams. Way to make your teammates more effective, Chester!

What a disgrace to his team and the fans of the Chiefs. Carl should be ashamed of himself. http://63.249.247.210/ubb/mad.gif

Fat Homer
11-14-2000, 10:24 AM
I have to admit it now. The guy opens more running lanes than our OL does! What the heck good is penetration when once past the OC/OG, he falls down?! The guy NEVER makes the tackle. It's like his goal is to push through the OL, then see how far he can run past the QB/RB... it's like he's playing 'two-hand touch' football. $10mil for that?

[This message has been edited by HC_Chief (edited 11-14-2000).]

redbrian
11-14-2000, 10:34 AM
I would agree 100%, but his original contract was $30 milllion.

It's not like his play has slipped. He's been doing the same thing since his first day as a Chief.

I can't believe how some people defended him!

WarPaint
11-14-2000, 10:48 AM
You forgot to mention that he counts 4.2 million against the cap this year.

AustinChief
11-14-2000, 10:49 AM
Is it safe to say that Chester will be cut for the sake of the cap? Probably.

redbrian
11-14-2000, 10:55 AM
What a difference a couple of weeks can make! I was up against a slew of McGlockton supporters the last time I posted an anti-Glock topic...now there are none.

I guess this was one instance where I simply saw the truth before others wanted to admit it.

The Blessed Virgin Larry
11-14-2000, 11:00 AM
He's the SAME old Chester that he was when he left the Raiders. This question is still a legit one: IF Chester is SOOO GOOD, then how come EVERY team he plays for gets RUN OVER? I asked it 3 years ago, and I'm STILL asking it now. The Chiefs need to CALL THE GUY OUT and tell it like it is instead of looking like FOOLS and sticking up for his POOR play! SAME old surry-a$$ Raider if yoy ask me!

AustinChief
11-14-2000, 11:11 AM
I used to be unsure about Chester. I thought "sure, I don't see him do anything, but Gun MUST know something I don't to keep playing him. I'll just trust the coaches to do what they're paid to do."

Now, I'm a believer. Chester is a waste of money and roster space. And yes, I was a fool to trust the coaches, especially THESE coaches.

redbrian
11-14-2000, 11:18 AM
I think Gunther is a good guy who is trying to do his best, but the guy needs to select a better staff.

Who honestly thinks that Dick Vermiel came up with the Rams' offense? Or that Dave Wanstedt is solely responsible for the Dolphins' success?

If Gunther wants to keep his job, which he may or may not after this season, he had better replace his entire staff, from the Three Stooges + Shemp (Shaw) to every position coach they've got.

If he doesn't, I'll be calling for his head on a platter right next to Glock's.

DAMN EX-RAIDERS!! http://63.249.247.210/ubb/mad.gif

Cannibal
11-14-2000, 11:28 AM
Like I said earlier, until we actually start making plays up front, NO ONE on the DL deserves any defending. They are all pathetic as a group, and no one is stepping up...

TeenagerFromMars
11-15-2000, 10:33 AM
Clint,
I was one of those defending Chet. I must now admit you were right all along. He is sucking the life out of the defensive line.
the milkman
lurking around the planet once again

Tom_Barndts_Twin
11-15-2000, 10:55 AM
i just wish you guys would give these coaches a different name than the stooges...i grew up watching the stooges...reading about and studying the stooges.
you guys are giving the real stooges a bad rap.
sec
joe besser was never a real stooge either...

TeenagerFromMars
11-15-2000, 11:49 AM
sec,
maybe you can take comfort in the knowledge that the original Three Stooges only played inept boobs!
the milkman
trying to help

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-15-2000, 12:20 PM
I don't want to defend him because I think his tangible results speak for themselves. However, I would like to pose a question....

If he's so useless, why is it that nearly every game, the announcers state that the opposition speaks highly of Glock and that they prepare extra for him (paraphrasing). Every game this year, I've heard this. Is the other team feeding BS to the media? Is the media working off statements that are years old? Why do they say this if Glock is so useless?

Robio9
11-15-2000, 12:25 PM
Well, I don't think they are going to come out and say he sucks. They are going to say that they respect his talent and he must be gameplanned for. What they don't say is that they gameplan for just about every player on every team they play. That's why they watch film. I think most of their game planning for Chester consists of agreeing on snap count changes during the game that will draw him offsides.

The-Chief
11-15-2000, 02:13 PM
Clint:

Maybe there was a reason the Raiders let them go?

Raiders didn't force chiefies into signing ex-Raiders players or coaches. You guys generally raved and applauded upon signing them.

Why do you not also complain about non ex-Raiders, such as Bush, Blackshear, Gray, Patton, the rookie Dennis - and who else?

The fault belongs to more than a few ex-Raiders.

Mark M [BornChiefs]
11-15-2000, 02:26 PM
I'd like to stand up and voice my support for Chester...He'd be an excellent target for Jenny Craig, Slimfast, and maybe the nordic trac...his tub-o-lard would at least provide a good "before" pic, if they can get him to work out more than a fat chick, he has room for great physical improvement.

RC...let the annual Fade begin.

The-Chief
11-15-2000, 04:20 PM
Mercer:

The fade has already begun – your team is 5-5.

I know you wish to lavish your words upon me but, really, I have no further interest in you.

Apparently, I affected you more than you’re willing to admit...<BR>

Gracie Dean
11-15-2000, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR> I think most of their game planning for Chester consists of agreeing on snap count changes during the game that will draw him offsides. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dunno. Maybe the gameplan is to spray the guy he lines up against with eau-de-OREO.<BR>

dabreeze
11-15-2000, 04:51 PM
I have been saying for two years that Al Davis got the best of Carl when he shipped his biggest malcontent and salary to the Chiefs. Most of the Chief fans thought I was nuts and dissagreed with me. But now after two years of inconsistant play, number nuetral zone infractions, and the ugly habit of taking certain plays off, more Chief fans agreee that Chester sucks. Chester McGlockton is nothing more than a fit Gilbert Brown. The inability of the Chiefs defensive line to put pressure on the QB has exposed the overrated James Hasty and the inexperience of Dennis, Bartee, and Wesley. Unfortunately, trading a #2 for Chester wasnt Carl's worst trade. The worst trade Carl ever made was sending a #2 and #5 to Philly for Victor Bailey. The next year, he sent a #2 and #5 for Steve Bono right after the Jags sent Green Bay a #2 and #5 for Mark Brunell.

No matter how hard he tries, Carl just cant get it right!

Mark M [BornChiefs]
11-16-2000, 10:33 AM
RC,

you are right, you do have a little affect on me...similar to athletes foot, hemorhoids, or that little rash a person gets in their butt crack after driving a long ways on a hot day...or that last 10 miles when you really have to take a castro and there is no place to stop....all just irritating, annoying, insignificant things in a persons life that make it less pleasant..kind of like smelling a fart while overlooking a scenic view from a mountaintop...

You are just a plain ignorant dip****..i guessing gore supporter..and have little more affect on me than the itch and irritation until the medicine takes you away...in this case, the medicine will be the raiders losing half of their remaining games.

Buzzbait
11-16-2000, 11:13 AM
I put the blame squarely on Peterson for signing this bum

redbrian
11-16-2000, 11:25 AM
Jeez, Iowanian!

I'm guessing that you've had words with RC in the past?

BTW, not all Gore supporters are ignorant dipsh!ts, any more than all Bush supporters are stupid hicks. http://63.249.247.210/ubb/tongue.gif

Mark M [BornChiefs]
11-16-2000, 11:28 AM
clint,

i know that not all gore supports are dipsh!ts..i was just taking a dig...

I have had it out with the raider brainiac a few times on this and the other board...its pretty much down to name calling...i'm not really upset or bothered by the cat, he has just questioned my intelligence too many times...i don't let much I-net stuff work me up...too many things in real life to worry..but its fun to smack an idiot when they ask for it. http://63.249.247.210/ubb/smile.gif

The-Chief
11-16-2000, 02:00 PM
Clint:

A few weeks ago Mercer became annoyed when I responded in kind to his rude comment regarding used toilet paper. He went off and has been writing in kind ever since. He likes to describe *exactly* how “not really upset or bothered” he is in his posts about me. He writes in a way that represents himself poorly so, yes, I question the intelligence behind that behavior.

This post will likely prompt him to more action. Oh well... Check out his next response.

Mark M [BornChiefs]
11-16-2000, 02:13 PM
RC, per your requested, 1 more response...

I refered to toilet paper in our discussion a couple of weeks ago because, no matter how you look at that skid mark in your BVD's its still just crap...kind of like your hooked on phonics input.

If you actually look, you will find that I tend to involve myself in coordial, friendly conversation with an overwhelming majority of people on the board..I may not always aggree with them, but we have civil dialogs about a plethora of topics...see the deer hunting thread..conversations I may have with some pals around a fire with a beer...you seem to be the only one I consistantly see such ignorance in.

Its just that I find your input about as tasteless as regurgitated phlem...a lugar, a snot rocket...a big hoister..

now buzz off and infest some other lucky people. bzzzzz

[This message has been edited by Iowanian (edited 11-16-2000).]

The-Chief
11-16-2000, 06:42 PM
Mercer:

Perhaps someone else will explain to you the difference between a prediction and a request.

I “actually look” at a few threads only. I have no interest in your interaction with other people. Reading each thread in search of your posts would be a bad use of time.

"...I tend to involve myself in coordial, friendly conversation... we have civil dialogs... you seem to be the only one I consistantly see such ignorance in."

You use my alleged ignorance as a crutch to justify your gutter verbiage!! How cute! How you!

IF you are as cordial to an “overwhelming majority of people on the board” as you claim, yet choose to confront “the only one I consistantly see such ignorance in,” it shows you only feel comfortable attacking stupid people. You said as much in the previous post: “but its fun to smack an idiot when they ask for it.” Probably another fine lesson learned from friends or relatives. But who cares about that? Knowing the origin doesn't change a thing, and it does seem to suit you...

I bet in person you're much nicer.

Y'all have yourself a fabulous day now, Roy.

Buzz buzz. The kc aerial show flying high at 5-5 and looking for a soft spot to crash among the rocks below. Here’s to kc winning one game (maybe) versus donx to increase Raiders’ division lead...

If it works in the Raiders' favor, let it happen...