PDA

View Full Version : Obama I guess there are still some people who appreciate Obama's leadership.

patteeu
10-01-2012, 10:20 AM
With his policies increasingly seen as failures and a campaign in unreported disarray, Barack Obama landed a big endorsement this weekend.

"I hope this doesn't harm Obama, but if I was from the United States, I'd vote for Obama." - Hugo Chavez (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/30/venezuela-election-obama-idUSL1E8KU37A20120930)

No big surprise.

La literatura
10-01-2012, 10:51 AM
a campaign in unreported disarray

Where do you get your unreported information, and why should we find it credible?

jjjayb
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Here you go Jensen:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/01/hugo-chavez-id-vote-for-obama/comment-page-1/

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-wins-hugo-chavez-endorsement-i-d-vote-for-obama

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2012/10/01/obama-gets-endorsement-he-doesnt-want----from-chavez/1605359/

Or you could have just clicked on the link Patteeu provided. ;)

jjjayb
10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
But I'm sure now that it's been verified as credible, it will no longer be important anyway.

Brock
10-01-2012, 11:47 AM
But I'm sure now that it's been verified as credible, it will no longer be important anyway.

That wasn't what he asked about.

patteeu
10-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Where do you get your unreported information, and why should we find it credible?

When everything is going wrong and the President is too busy to provide leadership because he's got an appointment with Whoopi and Joy on the View, it's clear to me that the campaign is in dissarray. Since I haven't seen it in the NYTimes or on the CBS nightly news, I'm assuming it hasn't been widely reported.

J Diddy
10-01-2012, 04:40 PM
When everything is going wrong and the President is too busy to provide leadership because he's got an appointment with Whoopi and Joy on the View, it's clear to me that the campaign is in dissarray. Since I haven't seen it in the NYTimes or on the CBS nightly news, I'm assuming it hasn't been widely reported.

So you're saying the president shouldn't be campaigning for his own reelection? Is that what you're saying?

acesn8s
10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
So you're saying the president shouldn't be campaigning for his own reelection? Is that what you're saying?That is the best idea you have ever come up with.

mlyonsd
10-01-2012, 04:47 PM
So you're saying the president shouldn't be campaigning for his own reelection? Is that what you're saying?He certainly would have looked more presidential if he had stayed home during the ME turmoil and terrorist attack instead of flying to Vegas for an event and sending out his minions to lie on the Sunday talk shows.

Direckshun
10-01-2012, 04:51 PM
a campaign in unreported disarray

LMAO

J Diddy
10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
and exactly how would that benefit anybody but Mitt Romney?

Direckshun
10-01-2012, 04:57 PM
and exactly how would that benefit anybody but Mitt Romney?

Heh. Pretty sure the OP went way over your head.

patteeu
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
So you're saying the president shouldn't be campaigning for his own reelection? Is that what you're saying?

If that's what it would take for him to faithfully perform the duties of his office and provide effective leadership for our country during a time when momentous world events are taking place, then yes.

Can you imagine the howls of protest that would have occurred if GWBush had been up for election in 2008 and when the financial crisis broke he gave a quick speech and then headed off to a confab of oil executives and right wing religious leaders for some fund raising and campaigning festivities instead of convening his economic team and coming up with a coherent plan to save us from the meltdown like he did?

J Diddy
10-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Heh. Pretty sure the OP went way over your head.

Barely read it, didn't click the link. I was dealing with the issue of him campaigning, so as to the OP, it not only didn't go over my head, it wasn't even addressed.

J Diddy
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM
If that's what it would take for him to faithfully perform the duties of his office and provide effective leadership for our country during a time when momentous world events are taking place, then yes.

Can you imagine the howls of protest that would have occurred if GWBush had been up for election in 2008 and when the financial crisis broke he gave a quick speech and then headed off to a confab of oil executives and right wing religious leaders for some fund raising and campaigning festivities instead of convening his economic team and coming up with a coherent plan to save us from the meltdown like he did?

I fail to see how what he did affected his leadership or outcome either way, unless you can prove his communication was shut off at any time.

patteeu
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
I fail to see how what he did affected his leadership or outcome either way, unless you can prove his communication was shut off at any time.

I'm not saying he wasn't in contact with people. I'm saying that inept handling of the embassy attack crisis and the lack of a coherent response is prima facia evidence of a lack of leadership. This could be because be was out of contact with the rest of his administration, but it's more likely just a lack of attention to the problem on his part or a lack of leadership competence.

BucEyedPea
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Meanwhile, Mitt's campaign is in disarray in what was formerly a Red State, with a Mormon demographic even. (http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/political-potpourri/2012/sep/30/when-all-else-fails-blame-paulbots/)

They still blame the Paulbots though!

From an an Equal Opportunity Candidate Basher.