PDA

View Full Version : ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2012, 03:30 PM
It isn't about money but legality.

Ahh. Well, there's always that. :D

DeezNutz
12-09-2012, 03:53 PM
All remaining funds should go to banners and informational handouts, IMO.

If that means that five planes are circling Arrowhead, that's beautiful.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-09-2012, 03:54 PM

This.

Go out with a boom. I mean BOOM.

Guru
12-09-2012, 04:18 PM
three banners ought to do it. But they must be creative.

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 04:20 PM

The person whom we have the agreement with has 2 planes. I inquired about more and he said it might be possible and got back to me a few days later stating that the cost for an additional plane would nearly double his hourly rate.

I'm all for spending the money but lets not burn money for the sake of it being there. Year end tailgate for all SOC supporters? Two planes flying for two hours? Hire trucks to take donated items to a local shelter?

Guru
12-09-2012, 04:24 PM
The person whom we have the agreement with has 2 planes. I inquired about more and he said it might be possible and got back to me a few days later stating that the cost for an additional plane would nearly double his hourly rate.

I'm all for spending the money but lets not burn money for the sake of it being there. Year end tailgate for all SOC supporters? Two planes flying for two hours? Hire trucks to take donated items to a local shelter?

2 planes it is then. 3 would have been stellar though. heh

bevischief
12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
We still have time to decide on what to do.

Highest paid GM=blowouts SaveourChiefs.com

Guru
12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Lets try to avoid waiting until the Wednesday prior to the game to make decisions this time though.

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Let's make up a "Worst Executive in Franchise History" award certificate, turn it into a printable PDF file, and have a mass mailing of them to 1 Arrowhead Dr. That's just off the top of my head. We NEED something creative.

Do it and I will mail a bunch from Colorado. Fuck, I will drive to several different parts of the state so they have different postmarks.

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Lets try to avoid waiting until the Wednesday prior to the game to make decisions this time though.

You realize we just had 3 games in a row at home, right? That said, I apologize that I let less important things like my life interfere with the decision of what went on the banner. :D

bevischief
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Do it and I will mail a bunch from Colorado. ****, I will drive to several different parts of the state so they have different postmarks.

Hell I live in North Dakota and can can hit several post marks from here.

Guru
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
You realize we just had 3 games in a row at home, right? That said, I apologize that I let less important things like my life interfere with the decision of what went on the banner. :D

OHHHHHH OKAAAAAY. I'll give ya a pass. THIS TIME> :thumb:

bevischief
12-09-2012, 04:55 PM

You have family/personal life first don't let that interfere.

Highest paid GM=Blackouts SaveourChiefs.com

-King-
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
"WE'LL USE HELICOPTERS NEXT YEAR IF PIOLI IS KEPT" -SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

pr_capone
12-09-2012, 05:02 PM
"WE'LL USE HELICOPTERS NEXT YEAR IF PIOLI IS KEPT" -SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

LMAO

Groves
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Banners are by their short nature cutesy, and clogged with inferred emotion.

The way to express your point without the emotions that might sink our movement is with facts.

cold, hard, emotionless facts.

Any banner except a post-Pioli-firing one is going to come off as snarky.

It's already been said. We need a creative next step. Something similar to the food drive, but even more focused on Pioli's damage to the franchise.

patteeu
12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
100% percent of THIS.

Why not go ahead with the food drive under a different tag, it'd be a WIN all the way around.

The risk of a food drive is that it could fail for lack of awareness. Flying banners is risk free as long as the message isn't off-putting.

thebigshow
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
PLAY BREASTON - CAN PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

long time lurker, strong first post i know.

This is within the character limit. Includes the website. Promotes the food donation (if it's still occuring, if not it could be changed to fire pioli) and addresss an important team issue with Breaston filing for grievance. I think it should be in the running. :shrug:

Count Zarth
12-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Pioli Doc has been updated with the following info in bold.

Note that I had to give Scooter a slight improvement in his record against winning teams, because I'm guessing the Bengals and Bucs won't finish 9-7 this year. The Steelers still might.

Don't worry, Scott will get some more losses vs winning teams when we play the Colts and Broncos.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1nQtFpV6F1CiSloh_01lwwDT-8uZvQy9VyvIaW70EkLc

1. Chiefs record under Scott Pioli: 23-39 (includes playoff loss).
This is the worst record for a GM in Chiefs history.

Jim Schaaf: .387 (1976-1988)
Scott Pioli: .371 (2009-2012)

2. Chiefs record under Scott Pioli against winning teams (9-7 or better): 3-16

2009: 1-6
2010: 1-3
2011: 1-3
2012: 0-4 (projected based on the Falcons, Steelers, Broncos and Ravens being a combined 37-15 this year)

TOTAL: 3-16 (includes playoff loss to Ravens)

4. Chiefs have lost by 14 or more points under Scott Pioli 21 times in 62 games.

The Pioli regime, to date, features 62 games.

We have lost by 14 or more points in 21 of those games. That is 33.9 percent.

That means MORE than 1/3 of the time, Scott Pioli's Chiefs teams get their butts kicked.
Blowout losses (14+) by year

2009: 5
2010: 4
2011: 5
2012: 7 (with more to come, betcha betcha)

Compare this to a team like the Jacksonville Jaguars, who suck. They have lost by 14+ points 18 times over the last four seasons.

The Chiefs get their butt kicked MORE than the Jacksonville Jaguars have during the time Pioli has been here.

Bugeater
12-09-2012, 06:45 PM

long time lurker, strong first post i know.

This is within the character limit. Includes the website. Promotes the food donation (if it's still occuring, if not it could be changed to fire pioli) and addresss an important team issue with Breaston filing for grievance. I think it should be in the running. :shrug:
lol, hi chiefbowe.

DeezNutz
12-09-2012, 06:47 PM

Two planes for two hours would be awesome.

Alternatively, save some money to fly a banner over the first home game next year when we hope a new GM and HC begin their tenure. The message?

We're still watching--SaveOurChiefs.com

Marcellus
12-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Pioli, Jump off a bridge - SOC.com

DeezNutz
12-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Pioli, C U in the street-SOC

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Pioli, We're Grabbing Your Nuts - SOC

Mr_Tomahawk
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Pioli killed 5 hookers - soc.com

Count Zarth
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
BROWNS RECOVERED FROM PIOLI, SO CAN KC

Mr_Tomahawk
12-09-2012, 09:09 PM
CLARK, SAVE OUR CHIEFS - SOC

O.city
12-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I love the banners, but I kinda feel that they may be a past thing. We need something fresh.

Is anyone willing to go in together and formulate a plot ala "Oceans 13" style where we just bankrupt the current GM and his minions?

Count Zarth
12-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Is anyone willing to go in together and formulate a plot ala "Oceans 13" style where we just bankrupt the current GM and his minions?

If you want to plan a heist, we need to do something cool like stealing Pioli's hard drive.

I bet it has untold wonders on it, including some hilarious e-mails from Teedubya.

O.city
12-09-2012, 09:48 PM
So hard drive and all the non disclosure agreements he's had people sign, which are surely in his office somewhere.

the Talking Can
12-09-2012, 09:53 PM
you should fly a banner at a patriots game, for the weirdness of it

"Want Scott Pioli back? - Saveourchiefs"

"Please Take Pioli Back - Saveourchiefs"

Count Zarth
12-09-2012, 09:53 PM
So hard drive and all the non disclosure agreements he's had people sign, which are surely in his office somewhere.

That would all be electronic, too. Best bet is to grab Pioli's hard drive(s) and one from the legal department where all that stuff is likely archived. Gold mine.

We need to go in with fake Clark Hunt masks and voice changers. Unfettered access. Then at the end we smash explosive gum on one of the windows and make our escape via airlift on the official SOC plane.

MISSION: IMPIOLIBLE

O.city
12-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Only one of us could be Clark, so I will have to be in the ceiling to drop you down and keep from tripping alarms I'm sure he has in his office.

NJChiefsFan
12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Only one of us could be Clark, so I will have to be in the ceiling to drop you down and keep from tripping alarms I'm sure he has in his office.

Yeah two Clark masks might draw suspicion. Then again we have imposters at GM, HC, QB, ect. ect. ect. and security has yet to notice.

aturnis
12-09-2012, 10:55 PM
How much is a billboard? This banner shit is played out. All that money to send a message for one hour... Wasteful.

Count Zarth
12-09-2012, 11:56 PM
There is no way Berry should have been playing with this cast.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/09/16/54/VXvnW.SlMa.81.jpeg

I hate the Patriot Way, and will forever blame it for his ACL injury last season.

Count Zarth
12-10-2012, 12:01 AM
"clark doesn't care"

goes to cleveland anyway

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/09/21/20/12JdXY.SlMa.81.jpeg

Count Zarth
12-10-2012, 12:04 AM
those feels

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/297617_487955941227322_708927399_n.jpg

AussieChiefsFan
12-10-2012, 12:55 AM
^

BossChief
12-10-2012, 01:10 AM
FIRST ROUND QB + FIRE PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Fried Meat Ball!
12-10-2012, 03:50 AM

We could do a spin on the old' "Take my wife, please" joke.

"Take our GM, please."

Marcellus
12-10-2012, 06:17 AM
How much is a billboard? This banner shit is played out. All that money to send a message for one hour... Wasteful.

x2

patteeu
12-10-2012, 06:45 AM

That would be outstanding.

the Talking Can
12-10-2012, 07:16 AM
another idea, if we're trying to juice the novelty of things

mobile billboards, what are they per hour?

imagine trucks around key spots of KC, kind of saturation bombing the city in coordinated fashion...maybe for 'red friday'

or pay for one to circle Clark's office in Dallas...

KCChiefsFan88
12-10-2012, 08:24 AM

This.

A billboard near Arrowhead Stadium, or better yet near Fat Scott's house would be epic.

Dayze
12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
I don't think the billboard is an option. it's very expensive.
if I recall.

Dayze
12-10-2012, 09:07 AM
I like the idea of flying the "Take Pioli Back" thing at Gillette lol

screw it. let's go out with a bang.

the Talking Can
12-10-2012, 09:09 AM
the pats last game is an afternoon home game against miami....i think it would generate some social media buzz on the east coast...and just be a final F U to pioli...

BigRedChief
12-10-2012, 09:09 AM

screw it. let's go out with a bang.yes, that would be a cool thing. :thumb:

Dayze
12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
It might be more expensive to fly; possibly more than the $ we have left.

But, I'm sure Lumpy or Luv could 'make up the difference' if ya know what i mean. wink wink nudge nudge.

patteeu
12-10-2012, 09:31 AM
If not the Gillette idea (which I like a lot), then fly one over Denver for the last game of the season. I think a fan movement like SOC following their team to the virgin territory of an opponents stadium would generate some media reaction. If SOC could afford to do both, that would be awesome.

Groves
12-10-2012, 09:49 AM

screw it. let's go out with a bang.

This is a winner.

It's a way to keep the themes going (firing Pioli & the banners) while avoiding monotony.

I love the way that it focuses much more on Pioli (and away from the tragedy-having Chiefs in a way), which reduces potential for people using it for leverage against SOC.

It has a "going from State to Federal level" type of feel. Easy hooks for the media, too.

The KC media will likely be happy for the national exposure, particularly if we can retain the "We're smart midwestern people who have seen through the balogna" angle instead of the ever-leering "We're hickish farm types that don't understand things" angle.

If the KC media wants it to go national, it's got a chance, because nobody knows how to pimp a story like the media does.

InChiefsHell
12-10-2012, 09:57 AM
This is a winner.

It's a way to keep the themes going (firing Pioli & the banners) while avoiding monotony.

I love the way that it focuses much more on Pioli (and away from the tragedy-having Chiefs in a way), which reduces potential for people using it for leverage against SOC.

It has a "going from State to Federal level" type of feel. Easy hooks for the media, too.

The KC media will likely be happy for the national exposure, particularly if we can retain the "We're smart midwestern people who have seen through the balogna" angle instead of the ever-leering "We're hickish farm types that don't understand things" angle.

If the KC media wants it to go national, it's got a chance, because nobody knows how to pimp a story like they media does.

That would be pretty damn epic...no way that doesn't get noticed by the whole damn world then...

Mr. Flopnuts
12-10-2012, 09:59 AM
I love the Gillette idea. I think it's fucking fantastic.

Groves
12-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Are we talking December 16th?

Old Dog
12-10-2012, 10:20 AM
The idea of flying one in New England is hilarious....I LOVE IT.

uninvited
12-10-2012, 10:32 AM
I like the idea of doing it in New England, but what about flying it during the playoffs, assuming NE will have a home game? Maximum exposure due to limited games and a national audience.

Iowanian
12-10-2012, 10:40 AM
1 GM Free to Good Home. SOC

Dayze
12-10-2012, 10:42 AM
1 GM Free to Good Home. SOC

LMAO

BourbonMan
12-10-2012, 11:46 AM
I like the idea of doing it in New England, but what about flying it during the playoffs, assuming NE will have a home game? Maximum exposure due to limited games and a national audience.

By the time the play-offs start, we'll know for sure if he's gone...Besides it was stated in the beginning...We would cease all operations after the last game.

KCrockaholic
12-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm on board with the New England idea. Fly one before the game that says "Take Pioli back - SaveOurChiefs.com"

It would be pretty comical IMO.

Guru
12-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I really don't see that as being effective to the cause at all.

the Talking Can
12-10-2012, 12:17 PM

it's not really, other than maybe snagging some fresh media due to the novelty

my assumption was they were looking for ways to spend the remaining money - accounting for a last banner at Arrowhead...in which case a final eat shit pioli gesture was one idea...

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Marty - did you ever have your meeting with the Chiefs PR dude? Or did that get shot down after the Belcher incident?

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM

I think the main benefit would be increased media exposure. Of course, embarrassing Pioli in the Patriotard market would be funny as hell too.

Dayze
12-10-2012, 02:32 PM
fly one that just says "Pioli...teh lulz"

bowener
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm on board with the New England idea. Fly one before the game that says "Take Pioli back - SaveOurChiefs.com"

It would be pretty comical IMO.

I'm fairly certain the rest of the league would think we are douche bags for doing this.

thebigshow
12-10-2012, 03:18 PM

OnTheWarpath58
12-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Marty - did you ever have your meeting with the Chiefs PR dude? Or did that get shot down after the Belcher incident?

I see what you did there.

Pestilence
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
SaveOurChiefs ‏@SaveOurChiefs

On a radio interview with 910am Sports in Phoenix just now, Jason LaCanfora reported that Kansas City is a sleeping giant for HC and GM.

Clarification?

Easy 6
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm fairly certain the rest of the league would think we are douche bags for doing this.

Yeah, its questionable in my opinion.

Hope its thought through a bit more.

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I see what you did there.

:)
First part was a serious question though.

pr_capone
12-10-2012, 05:04 PM
the perfect analogy for this season...

http://i.imgur.com/6UzzO.gif

pr_capone
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM

I'm really in line with this thinking here. I was all for flying a banner over Tampa when Quinn got the nod saying something positive for him but it was shot down.

TBH, we really don't need any additional media coverage. One last message stating that we stand resolute... and done.

We don't even have to fly a banner. Or we could fly 3 planes after all (over Arrowhead), for one hour, and have a really long single message. They would just need to fly in order.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Reid no showed for a phone meeting. He probably realized or someone else in the org realized the can of worms he opened and shut it down. #FNG_GettingInTrouble

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-10-2012, 05:54 PM
PHX guys had LaCanfora on to talk about the NFL and the Cardinals ass-drubbing that Seattle dished out. That led to questions about Wisenhunt getting the boot and NFL coach openings in general. KC was last mentioned and that's when he said we were a sleeping giant.

To me that means a few things:

(1) LaCanfora was the first one to report the Pioli extension. He is brochacho's with Pioli. They text like BFFs. He knows change is coming.

(2) Change is coming. Romeo will not be back nor will Pioli.

(3) Sleeping giant means this: #1 draft pick, good defensive talent, and other factors that make the Chiefs job attractable probably more so than people realize.

(4) Hunt perhaps realizes he needs to be more involved, spend more of the family's money.

**Ok, #4 is a pipe dream.

Clarification?

Bewbies
12-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Flying a banner over Gillette makes Baby Jesus fist pump Jersey style.

Pioli owes Brady $20M - SaveOurChiefs

Count Zarth
12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
(2) Change is coming. Romeo will not be back nor will Pioli.

CHIEFSPLANET BREAKS NEWS AGAIN

SUCK IT NATIONAL MEDIA

MotherfuckerJones
12-10-2012, 09:32 PM

SUCK IT NATIONAL MEDIA

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=x+pac+suck+it&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1180&bih=680&tbm=isch&tbnid=dg07ZSCxU-8_NM:&imgrefurl=http://www.qbn.com/topics/562300/&docid=sQFjpZ7o4PittM&imgurl=http://membres.lycos.fr/allwrestling/xpac.jpg&w=800&h=600&ei=ZLfGUM-5GMiP0QGN5oGwBg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=452&sig=104529801733372568197&page=1&tbnh=141&tbnw=187&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:92&tx=47&ty=58

MotherfuckerJones
12-10-2012, 09:34 PM

SUCK IT NATIONAL MEDIA

http://membres.multimania.fr/allwrestling/xpac.jpg

Count Zarth
12-11-2012, 08:17 AM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

God, I love being internet famous.

http://www.chiefs360.com/2012/12/11/truth-the-cold-facts-of-chiefs-gm-scott-pioli/

Count Zarth
12-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Uh, wow.

@TheFilmRoom
#Chiefs lot's of talk of Polian...we beat that Manningless roster last year...as for QB evaluator outside of Manning...Curtis Painter.

@Chiefs_All_Day I agree...trying to do my best to put this Polian mess to rest...he ain't the answer.

@TheFilmRoom @Chiefs_All_Day Who's your pick? I'm all in for Marc Ross.

@TheFilmRoom

Pioli is my pick. Not a perfect one, but don't think there are many in the NFL.

O.city
12-11-2012, 09:15 AM
And Pioli picked Cassel, Quinn, Palko

That guy can go fuck himself.

Pestilence
12-11-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm driving the Tom Gamble bandwagon.

CaliforniaChief
12-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I love the idea of taking SOC to Boston. The East Coast is the center of sports media. Boston, in particular, has a lot of outlets and national people. For the fans of a team in Kansas City to fly a plane in Boston re: Pioli would be really funny and get more attention.

Iowanian
12-11-2012, 09:55 AM
the pats last game is an afternoon home game against miami....i think it would generate some social media buzz on the east coast...and just be a final F U to pioli...

Pioli: Return to Sender saveourchiefs

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Pioli Come Home SaveOurPats

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Best Christmas Gift - Fire Pioli #SaveOurChiefs.com

patteeu
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Pioli Come Home SaveOurPats

Bring Back Pioli - DestroyOurPats.com

Count Zarth
12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/614998_488544537835129_388684626_o.jpg

durtyrute
12-11-2012, 12:22 PM
What's up with the one glove like MJ?

InChiefsHell
12-11-2012, 12:23 PM

He doesn't know. He doesn't have any idea. He'll have to look at the tape but right now...he just doesn't know.

durtyrute
12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
He doesn't know. He doesn't have any idea. He'll have to look at the tape but right now...he just doesn't know.

ROFL

ghak99
12-11-2012, 12:35 PM

LMAO LMAO

Count Zarth
12-11-2012, 12:37 PM

he's fat, he's fat, you know it, he's fat

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t2mU6USTBRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2798673_o.gif

pr_capone
12-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Well.. the check from Sports Nutz is being returned. I won't know why until tomorrow but this really sucks because I had already transferred the money to the SOC acct via paypal. This check being returned threw me into overdraft.

/displeased

InChiefsHell
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Well.. the check from Sports Nutz is being returned. I won't know why until tomorrow but this really sucks because I had already transferred the money to the SOC acct via paypal. This check being returned threw me into overdraft.

/displeased

What was the check from? Proceeds for the shirts?

pr_capone
12-11-2012, 12:49 PM
What was the check from? Proceeds for the shirts?

yup

InChiefsHell
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
yup

That's...problematic. I'm sure they'll make it right...don't want that on their heads I'm sure...

Phobia
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I know you're frustrated but I wouldn't throw those guys under the bus in public unless you are unable to get it resolved.

Guru
12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
OH man Phobs. I wake up and see 4 deleted posts. I always miss the good stuff.

-King-
12-11-2012, 03:21 PM
There should be one last banner when Pioli is fired saying "Hope Restored"
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
12-11-2012, 03:22 PM
I know you're frustrated but I wouldn't throw those guys under the bus in public unless you are unable to get it resolved.

I wasn't throwing anyone under the bus. I was giving a financial update. It just happened to have a negative impact on me.

Really wish you wouldn't delete my posts without talking to me first... especially when there is no rule breaking taking place.

For those who are wondering, the check from Sports Nutz was returned but I don't know why yet. Marty spoke with them and they are sending a money order in it's place.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Those weren't my nutz bouncing this time.

SEE WHAT I DID THERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm buying season tickets when Scott Pioli is fired. That's a petition we need to get going, and put the final totals of people willing to buy if he's fired, or for that matter, how many are committed to cancelling if he's retained on a banner. Hard numbers. BOOM!

Marcellus
12-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm buying season tickets when Scott Pioli is fired. That's a petition we need to get going, and put the final totals of people willing to buy if he's fired, or for that matter, how many are committed to cancelling if he's retained on a banner. Hard numbers. BOOM!

I am with you on this.

Chocolate Hog
12-11-2012, 04:26 PM

You know I've thought about doing the same.

KCUnited
12-11-2012, 04:37 PM
How many fans said that after Carl? I'm a few years away.

O.city
12-11-2012, 05:08 PM
If we change GM's and draft a QB in the first round and build around him, I'll absolutely support that decision by buying season tickets and spending money on this franchise.

I have a feeling Clark makes it a point for the new GM to get the fanbase back involved. After what we've been thru, I bet the fanbase will come back more ravenous than ever.

Guru
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
If we change GM's and draft a QB in the first round and build around him, I'll absolutely support that decision by buying season tickets and spending money on this franchise.

I have a feeling Clark makes it a point for the new GM to get the fanbase back involved. After what we've been thru, I bet the fanbase will come back more ravenous than ever.

Yeah, we thought that after Carl was let go too. Then they priced people out of the stadium.

O.city
12-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah, we thought that after Carl was let go too. Then they priced people out of the stadium.

Carl wasn't the one to completely shit on the fans.

Guru
12-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Carl wasn't the one to completely shit on the fans.

Who said he was?

bevischief
12-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Who said he was?

Black Bob.

C-Mac
12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
.:)

Easy 6
12-11-2012, 06:14 PM
That pic makes me feel bad for the old guy, but this is no country for old men.

He'll land on his feet with some DC spot if he wants to anyway.

BigRedChief
12-11-2012, 06:40 PM
That pic makes me feel bad for the old guy, but this is no country for old men.

He'll land on his feet with some DC spot if he wants to anyway.They don't get to keep their jobs because they are good men, good family men, give to charity, treat people good they work with etc.

It's all about job performance. And any measuring stick you want to use, it has been a failure and its time for all parties to move one. The gleem is gone.
/Marty

thebigshow
12-11-2012, 06:59 PM

Easy 6
12-11-2012, 07:38 PM
They don't get to keep their jobs because they are good men, good family men, give to charity, treat people good they work with etc.

It's all about job performance. And any measuring stick you want to use, it has been a failure and its time for all parties to move one. The gleem is gone.
/Marty

Agreed on every point, but still, its always a little sad to see a good guy fail so miserably.

O.city
12-11-2012, 07:47 PM

Meh.

If you put a winner out there, people will absolutely pay to get back in there.

Phobia
12-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I wasn't throwing anyone under the bus. I was giving a financial update. It just happened to have a negative impact on me.

Really wish you wouldn't delete my posts without talking to me first... especially when there is no rule breaking taking place.

For those who are wondering, the check from Sports Nutz was returned but I don't know why yet. Marty spoke with them and they are sending a money order in it's place.

Maybe I'm a retard but I didn't think it prudent to post information about a strategic partner's check bouncing before you figured out what happened. I just soft-removed them for what I perceived to be the good of SOC but if you insist on blasting them in a public forum, have at it.

pr_capone
12-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Maybe I'm a retard but I didn't think it prudent to post information about a strategic partner's check bouncing before you figured out what happened. I just soft-removed them for what I perceived to be the good of SOC but if you insist on blasting them in a public forum, have at it.

IIRC, I said it was returned. It could have been returned for any number of reasons... not only lack of funds. I appreciate the effort you have put into making SOC a success but I would rather not be censored because you perceive something to be for the benefit of SOC. Either come to Marty or I and we can either police ourselves or ask that you use your modly powers for something or other.

Bugeater
12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Agreed on every point, but still, its always a little sad to see a good guy fail so miserably.
He made millions by failing. Fuck him.

Phobia
12-11-2012, 08:20 PM
IIRC, I said it was returned. It could have been returned for any number of reasons... not only lack of funds. I appreciate the effort you have put into making SOC a success but I would rather not be censored because you perceive something to be for the benefit of SOC. Either come to Marty or I and we can either police ourselves or ask that you use your modly powers for something or other.

Disagree with everything you've said but I'm not doing this with you ever again. It's not good for anybody.

Easy 6
12-11-2012, 08:24 PM
He made millions by failing. **** him.

I know man, its always hard to feel too bad for a multi-millionaire... but i atleast bet he wanted to earn that money, he wanted to put a winner together... he just simply cant, he doesnt have the overarching vision that a HC needs.

pr_capone
12-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Disagree with everything you've said but I'm not doing this with you ever again. It's not good for anybody.

I'm not sure what I said that you could disagree with. Also, I'm really being rather pleasant about this... I'm not all caps'ing or calling you my favorite pet name.

Can the previous posts be restored or are they gone for good?

Mr_Tomahawk
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Please don't get a divorce!

C-Mac
12-11-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure what I said that you could disagree with. Also, I'm really being rather pleasant about this... I'm not all caps'ing or calling you my favorite pet name.

Can the previous posts be restored or are they gone for good?

Just my opinion, but I don't think that posting that kind of information was the wisest thing to do. It might be best to let it go away.

pr_capone
12-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Just my opinion, but I don't think that posting that kind of information was the wisest thing to do. It might be best to let it go away.

Perhaps but that is for SOC to decide... not a CP mod.

C-Mac
12-11-2012, 08:50 PM

Just my opinion.... :)

O.city
12-11-2012, 08:54 PM

Don't go Pioli on us, he's just making a suggestion.

pr_capone
12-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Don't go Pioli on us, he's just making a suggestion.

LOL... nevar.

BigRedChief
12-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Don't go Pioli on us, he's just making a suggestion.it does seem to be a prudent thing to do. Just my two cents from the outside looking in through the glass.

go bowe
12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
yep...

bowener
12-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Can the next banner be, " FIRE P-fuck it we give up too..."

Mr_Tomahawk
12-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Can the next banner be, " FIRE P-**** it we give up too..."

:hmmm: :thumb:

Easy 6
12-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Please don't get a divorce!

ROFL these dont even cover it ROFL

/tears

/rep

The av SO fits it.

teedubya
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
CP Mods, please get a clue before you piss off the Pope PR Capone. His holiness shall decide what is right for CP from henceforth.

I won't even make a dog ramp for my house without consulting him now.

:-D

Phobia
12-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Unnecessary comma is unnecessary.

pr_capone
12-11-2012, 10:20 PM
thanks for restoring the posts

Guru
12-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Unnecessary comma is unnecessary.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that. LMAO

Reerun_KC
12-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Make up sex for PR and Phobia?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Make up sex for PR and Phobia?

Yeah, and you've been elected fart counter. Have fun!

CoMoChief
12-12-2012, 10:14 AM

gross LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 10:24 AM
gross LMAO

ROFL That took waaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

bevischief
12-12-2012, 10:27 AM

Before, during or after? Or the whole thing?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Before, during or after? Or the whole thing?

The whole fucking thing!

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 11:12 AM
We gotta head off all this shit in the media about the draft and the QBs in it.

We should be flying banners, Tweeting, whatever it takes.

I say we even forget about Pioli - if he's gonna be fired, that decision has already been made.

Everything from here on out needs to say something like "take the QB - saveourchiefs.com"

Dayze
12-12-2012, 11:15 AM
"QBs Win Championships"

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I think the QB thing is a great idea.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 11:43 AM
I think the QB thing is a great idea.

As bad as I want to be rid of Pioli, this might be the one time in the next 30 years that we have the #1 overall pick.

If we go get Eric DeCosta and Chip Kelly, will you be happy if they turn around and take Star #1 overall? I won't.

If we have to keep Pioli to get Geno Smith, I'll take Pioli back. And I'm dead serious.

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 12:01 PM
As bad as I want to be rid of Pioli, this might be the one time in the next 30 years that we have the #1 overall pick.

If we go get Eric DeCosta and Chip Kelly, will you be happy if they turn around and take Star #1 overall? I won't.

If we have to keep Pioli to get Geno Smith, I'll take Pioli back. And I'm dead serious.

It doesn't matter, because Clark is going to do 2 things this offseason:

1. Fire Pioli.

2. Hire a GM and demand he takes a QB #1 overall. That will probably be the first question in the interviews.

"Are you going to take a QB in the first round this year?"

"Well, the thing is, Clark..."

"Get the fuck out."

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 12:27 PM
I am as convinced as you are that Pioli is getting fired, so continuing to target him, in my opinion, is a waste of resources.

Taking a QB is not nearly as much of a sure thing, so we should concentrate on that.

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 12:45 PM
From the very beginning, this was about firing Pioli and getting rid of the FO..And this how it should end, IMO!!!

Flying a banner saying draft a QB with our first pick, is stupid...Considering (AT THIS POINT AND TIME)..There is not a QB out there that's worth a #1 pick...I don't care how much you FAP for Geno.

-King-
12-12-2012, 12:46 PM
It doesn't matter, because Clark is going to do 2 things this offseason:

1. Fire Pioli.

2. Hire a GM and demand he takes a QB #1 overall. That will probably be the first question in the interviews.

"Are you going to take a QB in the first round this year?"

"Well, the thing is, Clark..."

"Get the fuck out."

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 12:48 PM
From the very beginning, this was about firing Pioli and getting rid of the FO..And this how it should end, IMO!!!

Flying a banner saying draft a QB with our first pick, is stupid...Considering (AT THIS POINT AND TIME)..There is not a QB out there that's worth a #1 pick...I don't care how much you FAP for Geno.

So who do you think we should trot out at QB next year?

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 12:56 PM
So who do you think we should trot out at QB next year?

At this point..I don't know...Will have to wait and see what happens in the Combine...But I personally like more traditional QB's, rather than Hybrid's. I'm old school.

the Talking Can
12-12-2012, 12:57 PM

what's with all teh noobs who haven't watched any of the QBs play showing up to tell us how bad they are?

Groves
12-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I am as convinced as you are that Pioli is getting fired, so continuing to target him, in my opinion, is a waste of resources.

Taking a QB is not nearly as much of a sure thing, so we should concentrate on that.

I thought we were settled in the thinking that going past getting rid of Pioli was not wise.

Getting much more than that into personnel decisions comes off as hick armchair quarterback.

Not that we have zero evaluation skills, but rather we realize that even amongst ourselves we wouldn't have identical draft charts.

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
what's with all teh noobs who haven't watched any of the QBs play showing up to tell us how bad they are?

Who says I haven't been watching the QB situation, just because I don't post about it every 10 seconds, doesn't mean I'm not informed.

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 01:09 PM
I thought we were settled in the thinking that going past getting rid of Pioli was not wise.

Getting much more than that into personnel decisions comes off as hick armchair quarterback.

Not that we have zero evaluation skills, but rather we realize that even amongst ourselves we wouldn't have identical draft charts.

THIS!!

patteeu
12-12-2012, 01:11 PM

I agree. As soon as you start getting specific about something beyond "fire pioli", you're bound to alienate a portion of your support. I wouldn't distract from the focus with a "draft a QB" message and certainly not one that named a specific QB.

the Talking Can
12-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Who says I haven't been watching the QB situation, just because I don't post about it every 10 seconds, doesn't mean I'm not informed.

you haven't, that's how i know

it's the same vague things about smith that people show up to say...things you wouldn't say if you had actually watched more than 1 play on espn

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Happy Holidays - Fire Pioli - SOC

DeezNutz
12-12-2012, 01:54 PM

LMAO.

I like it.

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 01:59 PM
you haven't, that's how i know

it's the same vague things about smith that people show up to say...things you wouldn't say if you had actually watched more than 1 play on espn

And what bad/vague things have I said about Geno or for that matter any QB...Like I said before...I'm old school..I like the tradional pocket QB's, rather than the Hybrid QB's.

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 02:00 PM

LMAO.

I like it.

Same here!!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 02:02 PM

That's a winner.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-12-2012, 02:11 PM
smart ass comments have become my forte

Old Dog
12-12-2012, 02:15 PM

Love it

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Grinch Pioli Stole Chiefsmas - Soc.com

Or

Scott Grincholi Stole Chiefsmas

the Talking Can
12-12-2012, 02:20 PM
And what bad/vague things have I said about Geno or for that matter any QB...Like I said before...I'm old school..I like the tradional pocket QB's, rather than the Hybrid QB's.

you haven't watched him play

the Talking Can
12-12-2012, 02:20 PM

yes

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 02:30 PM
And I think we need to stay away from being armchair GM's. All we've done is gone around and told people in the media that we weren't going to get into that stuff. We shouldn't start now. JMO.

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Pushing for a QB isn't playing armchair GM. EVERYONE with a BRAIN knows we need to take a QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Pushing for a QB isn't playing armchair GM. EVERYONE with a BRAIN knows we need to take a QB.

Right. So what's the point? How do we come across positively by running down this list of demands on what Clark should do with the Chiefs? Bench Cassel pretty much told him we wanted a quarterback. EVERYONE knows we need one. Let's just stay on point, reiterate the need to fire Pioli, and wrap this baby up.

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 02:39 PM
What's the point of saying happy holidays?

The point of pushing QB is:

We gotta head off all this shit in the media about the draft and the QBs in it.

We should be flying banners, Tweeting, whatever it takes.

Pioli's toast.

Forcing the nimrods out there to believe that the Chiefs need to take a QB 100 percent should be the next task.

I have no doubt Clark will demand a QB be taken. The issue is going to be a lot of idiots shouting against it.

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
you haven't watched him play

I have watched him play.....And you should, you were there with me...you were Watching me...While I was Watching Geno play and F---ING YOUR MOM AT THE SAME TIME.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 02:41 PM
You're not going to convince them. It's just going to further divide the fanbase. That's not what we want to do, is it? You're not going to put anything in a 25 character space that's going to convince some dumbass that T'eo isn't the guy. They're off their fucking rocker.

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Right. So what's the point? How do we come across positively by running down this list of demands on what Clark should do with the Chiefs? Bench Cassel pretty much told him we wanted a quarterback. EVERYONE knows we need one. Let's just stay on point, reiterate the need to fire Pioli, and wrap this baby up.

Exactly my point, I was saying.

Dayze
12-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Happy Festivus - Saveourchiefs.com

bevischief
12-12-2012, 02:45 PM

I like it. Book it.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Happy Festivus - Saveourchiefs.com

ROFL Now if we're going to do multiple banners to display a long message, we could definitely do the airing of grievances.

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 02:48 PM
You're not going to convince them. It's just going to further divide the fanbase. That's not what we want to do, is it? You're not going to put anything in a 25 character space that's going to convince some dumbass that T'eo isn't the guy. They're off their fucking rocker.

I disagree. We've convinced a LOT of people that:

1. Scott Pioli needs to be fired.
2. Matt Cassel sucks.
3. Romeo sucks.

People have come on SOC and posted things like "I wanted to give these guys more time but now I am on board with your movement!"

There's basically nobody out there beating the drum that the Chiefs need to take a QB. Start beating it.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 02:49 PM
GIVE US CHOCOLATE PAIN CLARK - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Dayze
12-12-2012, 02:53 PM
ROFL Now if we're going to do multiple banners to display a long message, we could definitely do the airing of grievances.

"and now....the feats of strength"!

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
DRAFT A QB, RESTORE HOPE - SOC.COM

the Talking Can
12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I have watched him play.....And you should, you were there with me...you were Watching me...While I was Watching Geno play and F---ING YOUR MOM AT THE SAME TIME.

no, you haven't

you couldn't tell us a thing about him...but we'll be here if you google up something and want to pass it off as your own thoughts

patteeu
12-12-2012, 03:11 PM
no, you haven't

you couldn't tell us a thing about him...but we'll be here if you google up something and want to pass it off as your own thoughts

I'm not sure that whatever time you spent watching the guy makes your opinion any more valuable than someone who's only seen a few highlights.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 03:49 PM
At this point..I don't know...Will have to wait and see what happens in the Combine...But I personally like more traditional QB's, rather than Hybrid's. I'm old school.

ROFL

Guy obviously hasn't seen Geno Smith play.

Hybrid?

ROFL

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 03:51 PM

If you're going to play the "what's the point" card, why do anything at all?

The decision on Pioli has been made, for better or worse.

If we're going down the "what's the point" route, might as well just sit on our thumbs and do nothing.

O.city
12-12-2012, 03:51 PM
I think by hybrid he means something else.

Something of the epidermis type else

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
You're not going to convince them. It's just going to further divide the fanbase. That's not what we want to do, is it? You're not going to put anything in a 25 character space that's going to convince some dumbass that T'eo isn't the guy. They're off their ****ing rocker.

And you're not going to convince Clark.

We've made it perfectly clear that we want Pioli fired. 1 more banner isn't going to do shit.

htismaqe
12-12-2012, 03:52 PM

That's what I was thinking.

He meant to say "mulatto" but didn't want to come off racist.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-12-2012, 04:12 PM
If you're going to play the "what's the point" card, why do anything at all?

The decision on Pioli has been made, for better or worse.

If we're going down the "what's the point" route, might as well just sit on our thumbs and do nothing.

And you're not going to convince Clark.

We've made it perfectly clear that we want Pioli fired. 1 more banner isn't going to do shit.

That's the thing though. We have solid statistics, and hard numbers to back up sending Scooter and Romeo packing. They've completely fucked this franchise. It's not unreasonable. But we go from saying "Bench Cassel" to "Fire Pioli" to "Draft a 1st round QB". What's next? "Put Coke machines on the concourses" or maybe "sign player x" Where does it end? And at what point do we start sounding like douchebags? Because so far, I think we've come across really well and been a positive force for the fanbase. I could see that changing if we start changing dynamics significantly.

Now all that said, I'm not dead set against it, and see the points everyone has made. I just don't tend to lean toward it thinking it's a good idea.

Groves
12-12-2012, 04:14 PM
YOU WIN SOME, YOU LOSE 14. FIRE PIOLI. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 04:18 PM
THANKS FOR #1 PICK, SCOTT. SEE YA. - SOC.COM

bevischief
12-12-2012, 04:19 PM
A link to the Scott Pioli Facts.docx should do it.

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
ROFL

Guy obviously hasn't seen Geno Smith play.

Hybrid?

ROFL

I have seen him play numerous times....Go back and read my posts..Did I ever say that Geno was a Hybrid..NO...I said I liked Traditional Pocket QB'S rather than Hybrids...But I never said Geno was one...I just don't like him and think he will be a bust.

That's what I was thinking.

He meant to say "mulatto" but didn't want to come off racist.

You both are really stupid...You don't even know me...do you even know what I look like..I might be white, black, asian, latino...You don't know...9 times out of 10...the people who accuse somebody of being racist, are usually the ones who are racist.

Guru
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I have seen him play numerous times....Go back and read my posts..Did I ever say that Geno was a Hybrid..NO...I said I liked Traditional Pocket QB'S rather than Hybrids...But I never said Geno was one...I just don't like him and think he will be a bust.

You both are really stupid...You don't even know me...do you even know what I look like..I might be white, black, asian, latino...You don't know...9 times out of 10...the people who accuse somebody of being racist, are usually the ones who are racist.

You look like Lzen in your last pic. :D

BourbonMan
12-12-2012, 05:03 PM
You look like Lzen in your last pic. :D

Quite...don't spoil it.:D:D

DeezNutz
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Love Haley-Fire Pioli-SOC

Anything Haley would burn the fucking shit out of our idiot GM.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Maybe we fuck with his head or something....

Good Luck managing your next Team, Scott. -SOC-

or

Clark, thank for listening, see ya Fat Scott... :p

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
COAL IN SCOTT'S STOCKING, LOL - SOC.COM

SCOTT AIN'T GETTIN' SHIT FOR XMAS - SOC.COM

MERRY XMAS LOSER - SOC.COM

Easy 6
12-12-2012, 09:03 PM
#1 QB IN - OLD GM OUT - THANKS CLARK! @ SOC

Chief_For_Life58
12-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Pioli: Belcher yourself. saveourchiefs.com

Count Zarth
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
#1 QB IN - OLD GM OUT - THANKS CLARK! @ SOC

I like this eleventy billion percent.

pkane
12-12-2012, 09:16 PM

Riiiiiiight, hybrid huh? In which way? By that description I would have to assume you haven't seen him play too much.

What about him makes you think he is a hybrid? Is it all the scrambling and running after his first read?

tyler360
12-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Well Bye - SOC.com

thebigshow
12-12-2012, 10:28 PM

AussieChiefsFan
12-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Draft chocolate painii #1 - saveourchiefs.com

Easy 6
12-13-2012, 01:18 AM
When? when when when...

This franchise has never, EVER went top shelf for a quarterback in the draft, it has to STOP.

Bad year for a QB? who cares... this team hasnt developed ANYTHING at that position, isnt it time to start trying? and if he fails, half of the other teams in the league are looking for failed number #1 QB's and we can atleast, finally get value from that trade.

Its even likely that they screw the pick up, sad to say... but thats ok for now, you have to start somewhere, but just START PICKING QB'S, every single year.

Thats all that truly matters anymore, why has this franchise waited so long to try it? fear of failure?... failure is always going to happen when swinging for that position, and KC might have less experience at it than any other team in the league... but they HAVE to start trying.

QUARTERBACK, CLARK.

ed* 'never ever' is obviously false, but hey, gimme some consistency

the Talking Can
12-13-2012, 05:19 AM
we can always go back to our roots

"Shoot Pioli In Face - Drink Aids - SOC"

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 10:31 AM

It was absolutely implied. Don't try to wiggle out of it now.

It's called a joke you fucking moron.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Riiiiiiight, hybrid huh? In which way? By that description I would have to assume you haven't seen him play too much.

What about him makes you think he is a hybrid? Is it all the scrambling and running after his first read?

Oopsie.

Somebody else thought BourbonMan implied that Geno was a hybrid QB.

:rolleyes:

unnecessary drama
12-13-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't know why we just don't end it going back to our roots...

Fire Pioli, Draft a QB #1

pr_capone
12-13-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't know why we just don't end it going back to our roots...

Fire Pioli, Draft a QB #1

I dunno that demanding a QB in the first round this coming draft is our best bet. Lots of experts saying that there is no solid 1st rd qb until the mid to late rounds. Personally, I would be ok with them drafting a QB in the 2nd round like a Tyler Wilson.

How about...

WE DESERVE BETTER - FIRE PIOLI - DRAFT QB - SOC

ILChief
12-13-2012, 01:29 PM
I dunno that demanding a QB in the first round this coming draft is our best bet. Lots of experts saying that there is no solid 1st rd qb until the mid to late rounds. Personally, I would be ok with them drafting a QB in the 2nd round like a Tyler Wilson.

How about...

I think there is about a 2% chance Wilson falls to round 2. Round two you are looking at guys like Glennon and Bray if you are lucky.

durtyrute
12-13-2012, 02:35 PM

How about...

Where do they come up with that? The top three Qbs, stat wise, all match up almost exactly with Luck, RG3 and just about any past QB you can think of.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 03:49 PM
I think there is about a 2% chance Wilson falls to round 2. Round two you are looking at guys like Glennon and Bray if you are lucky.

Wilson might not fall out of the top 5, let alone all the way to round 2.

DeezNutz
12-13-2012, 03:52 PM

How about...

The "experts" right now are wrong as hell. This time last year, RGIII was being mocked late in the first, which many posters were laughing at, too.

No less than 3 QBs go in the first this year. While there might not be a blue-chip, no-brainer, this is a deep, talented draft for QBs.

Groves
12-13-2012, 04:02 PM

Wouldn't mind starting next season with Geno AND Bray.

Guru
12-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Ironic that the season the Chiefs may end up with the #1 overall pick is the season all the "experts" are saying it is a lousy year for QBs. It's almost as if they don't want the Chiefs to have a QB.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Ironic that the season the Chiefs may end up with the #1 overall pick is the season all the "experts" are saying it is a lousy year for QBs. It's almost as if they don't want the Chiefs to have a QB.

That's just the thing - ALL of the "experts" aren't saying that at all.

Scott Wright thinks it's a good year for QBs. Dan Shonka thinks it's a good year for QBs. Matt Miller thinks it's a good year for QBs.

Just because Todd McShay and Mel Kiper have bigger stages from which to speak doesn't mean they're the most knowledgeable.

Guru
12-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Scott Wright thinks it's a good year for QBs. Dan Shonka thinks it's a good year for QBs. Matt Miller thinks it's a good year for QBs.

Just because Todd McShay and Mel Kiper have bigger stages from which to speak doesn't mean they're the most knowledgeable.

I'm just going by what I am hearing here on the board. I don't get any of those national sports channels. You are the first person I have really heard say that the experts are calling it a good year.

Tribal Warfare
12-13-2012, 04:56 PM

Mayock's mock draft will be interesting

DeezNutz
12-13-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm just going by what I am hearing here on the board. I don't get any of those national sports channels. You are the first person I have really heard say that the experts are calling it a good year.

From posters who, largely, have no knowledge of the QBs coming out.

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 05:19 PM

Those guys are all on the Net, not on TV.

Hence my comment about the size of their "stage".

You get bombarded with Kiper and McShay anytime you tune in to ESPN.

You have to LOOK for those other guys.

BossChief
12-13-2012, 06:45 PM
The "experts" right now are wrong as hell. This time last year, RGIII was being mocked late in the first, which many posters were laughing at, too.

No less than 3 QBs go in the first this year. While there might not be a blue-chip, no-brainer, this is a deep, talented draft for QBs.

In November of last year, Mel and Todd both had Tannehill and RG3 as late first round picks.

Everything changes once MM releases his top fives.

Same thing WILL happen this year.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-13-2012, 07:11 PM
There will be 2 QB'S drafted in the top 5. Seriously. Smith and then Wilson. And if Murray declares and has a good combine he'll go top ten. I'm confident of that.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Lots of experts saying that there is no solid 1st rd qb until the mid to late rounds. Personally, I would be ok with them drafting a QB in the 2nd round like a Tyler Wilson.

This isn't a comment on what the banner should say, but to me it's not time to get cute with our first pick. If there is even a 5% chance that one of the QB's you want won't drop to the second round then you don't risk it. QB is too important. If I have a choice of 3rd QB on my board plus a top 5 pick at another position or 1st QB on my board and 2nd round player at any position I am taking the latter every single time. QB is just too damn important.

DeezNutz
12-13-2012, 07:49 PM
There is a greater chance that Pioli is actually a normal guy, the victim of countless terrible lies, than Wilson falling to the second round.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2012, 08:00 PM
There is a greater chance that Pioli is actually a normal guy, the victim of countless terrible lies, than Wilson falling to the second round.

So really I should change my 5% chance to 0.0000000001%.

BossChief
12-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I know the statements have been made that specific demands will not come from SOC, but let me try to make a point here of why we need to make a statement that we want a quarterback with that top pick...

It doesn't matter how many Piolis we fire...Romeos we replace or how many first and second round picks we use on receivers and linemen to block.

Until this team drafts a first round quarterback and develops him, it's all just a waste of time.

THE #1 PRIORITY THIS OFFSEASON IS DRAFTING THE RIGHT QUARTERBACK
everything else (coach, GM etc) is fighting for the second most important aspect to the offseason.

It doesn't matter if we hire an elite coaching staff and GM combination if they pick the wrong qb.

I think we need to make a statement that WE DESERVE A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK.

DeezNutz
12-13-2012, 08:11 PM
I know the statements have been made that specific demands will not come from SOC, but let me try to make a point here of why we need to make a statement that we want a quarterback with that top pick...

It doesn't matter how many Piolis we fire...Romeos we replace or how many first and second round picks we use on receivers and linemen to block.

Until this team drafts a first round quarterback and develops him, it's all just a waste of time.

THE #1 PRIORITY THIS OFFSEASON IS DRAFTING THE RIGHT QUARTERBACK
everything else (coach, GM etc) is fighting for the second most important aspect to the offseason.

It doesn't matter if we hire an elite coaching staff and GM combination if they pick the wrong qb.

I think we need to make a statement that WE DESERVE A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK.

I agree that getting a franchise QB is key, but Pioli must be fired. The latter is still priority #1 because his incompetence makes any progress of any kind, literally, impossible.

Scott, you insecure ****, I know you're reading this thread because you cannot help yourself; be a man, for once in your professional career, and resign. Your pompous, incompetent ass came in talking about "championships," and you've destroyed the franchise and alienated the city and fan base. Own your mistakes. Step the fuck down and go back to the safety of Hoodie's nut sack.

JASONSAUTO
12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
I agree that getting a franchise QB is key, but Pioli must be fired. The latter is still priority #1 because his incompetence makes any progress of any kind, literally, impossible.

Scott, you insecure ****, I know you're reading this thread because you cannot help yourself; be a man, for once in your professional career, and resign. Your pompous, incompetent ass came in talking about "championships," and you've destroyed the franchise and alienated the city and fan base. Own your mistakes. Step the fuck down and go back to the safety of Hoodie's nut sack. 2nd
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
12-13-2012, 09:54 PM

Scott, you insecure ****, I know you're reading this thread because you cannot help yourself; be a man, for once in your professional career, and resign. Your pompous, incompetent ass came in talking about "championships," and you've destroyed the franchise and alienated the city and fan base. Own your mistakes. Step the **** down and go back to the safety of Hoodie's nut sack.

We can fire Pioli next year or any time in the future.

This might be the only time in the next 50 YEARS we have the #1 pick.

If it comes down to one or the other, we better take the QB even if it means keeping Pioli.

Buehler445
12-13-2012, 10:59 PM

This.

Scott has got to go. If we end up with a top 3 pick, any GM worth his salt will take a cursory look at the QB position and go draft one in the first round.

If they don't, they shouldn't be a GM for my team.

Chocolate Hog
12-14-2012, 12:47 AM
I'd laugh my ass off if Pioli is kept and trades back for Dysert

Guru
12-14-2012, 02:10 AM

You shut your whore mouth!!!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 07:08 AM

Obviously, that's not what I'm advocating.

Would you laugh if we got Eric Decosta and he took Manti Te'o #1 overall?

DeezNutz
12-14-2012, 07:20 AM
We can fire Pioli next year or any time in the future.

This might be the only time in the next 50 YEARS we have the #1 pick.

If it comes down to one or the other, we better take the QB even if it means keeping Pioli.

Don't agree.

This situation is so bad with Pioli that I liken it to an individual having an arsonist as a best friend. Yes, you can buy your dream house today, and it's true that this particular house will never come on the market again. However, the arsonist will burn the motherfucker down on day one, so the purchase is moot before you ever finalize the contract.

Pioli is truly that bad. We must expunge this loathsome fuck.

KCUnited
12-14-2012, 07:23 AM
It would be like getting a boob job while having leukemia.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Don't agree.

This situation is so bad with Pioli that I liken it to an individual having an arsonist as a best friend. Yes, you can buy your dream house today, and it's true that this particular house will never come on the market again. However, the arsonist will burn the mother****er down on day one, so the purchase is moot before you ever finalize the contract.

Pioli is truly that bad. We must expunge this loathsome ****.

The arsonist MIGHT burn it down on day one.

He might also get caught after the first month and get taken to jail, leaving you with your dream house intact.

Would you rather HAVE your dream house with a CHANCE of losing it versus never having your dream house at all?

The very thought of it is silly.

But it's moot, he's getting fired. Running another banner with "fire Pioli" on it is a complete waste of time.

But oh well, it's not my movement. I'm just one person.

DeezNutz
12-14-2012, 07:41 AM

He might also get caught after the first month and get taken to jail, leaving you with your dream house intact.

Would you rather HAVE your dream house with a CHANCE of losing it versus never having your dream house at all?

But it's moot, he's getting fired. Running another banner with "fire Pioli" on it is a complete waste of time.

I don't think there's any "might" about Pioli destroying the situation. Furthermore, if he's empowered to draft a QB in the first, I think he'll be in KC for at least two more years.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 07:49 AM
I don't think there's any "might" about Pioli destroying the situation. Furthermore, if he's empowered to draft a QB in the first, I think he'll be in KC for at least two more years.

So you think Pioli could "destroy" Geno Smith?

A drafted QB could be here for over 10 years, not two.

And again, it's moot. Pioli is getting fired.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 07:54 AM
By the way, if we suddenly fly a banner that says something about drafting a QB NOBODY, especially CLARK, is gonna think that's a de facto "keep Pioli" sign. Nobody.

The point about Pioli has been made. No amount of banners is going to change it. Not flying a "fire Pioli" banner isn't changing the subject or giving up. FLYING a "fire Pioli" banner is completely redundant.

Count Zarth
12-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Agree completely with Htismaqe.

The banner needs to be either pro Breaston or pro QB.

Or maybe....

SAVE BREASTON, DRAFT A QB

Dayze
12-14-2012, 07:59 AM
"Don't Screw It UP, Draft a QB - saveourchiefs.com

patteeu
12-14-2012, 08:03 AM

I hope you're right about Pioli getting fired. I'm a little worried about it.

I think we can safely say that Crennel is done and that the team will have to get a new starting QB (although I'm not certain that it will be with the #1 pick). I'm not so sure about Pioli, unfortunately.

patteeu
12-14-2012, 08:06 AM
I think you're better off hammering the consistent message (that Pioli is the root of fan discontent) home and letting the rest take care of itself.

ALL I WANT FOR XMAS IS A NEW GM - SOC

If Pioli is already as good as gone, you still win.