PDA

View Full Version : ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 08:06 AM
I hope you're right about Pioli getting fired. I'm a little worried about it.

I think we can safely say that Crennel is done and that the team will have to get a new starting QB (although I'm not certain that it will be with the #1 pick). I'm not so sure about Pioli, unfortunately.

Well again, if Clark is bringing Pioli back after EVERYTHING he's done and all of the losses, NO AMOUNT of banners will change it.

We've made our point. All we can really do now is wait. Or add to our message, which is what I think we should be doing...

patteeu
12-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Well again, if Clark is bringing Pioli back after EVERYTHING he's done and all of the losses, NO AMOUNT of banners will change it.

We've made our point. All we can really do now is wait. Or add to our message, which is what I think we should be doing...

We'll have to agree to disagree. Whether the point's been made or not, I think it's valuable to continue to make it until the objective is accomplished. And any "add" to the message inevitably subtracts from the support SOC has developed, IMO.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 08:38 AM
We'll have to agree to disagree. Whether the point's been made or not, I think it's valuable to continue to make it until the objective is accomplished. And any "add" to the message inevitably subtracts from the support SOC has developed, IMO.

Advocating drafting a QB subtracts from the support SOC has developed but continuing to fly "fire Pioli" banners doesn't?

The whole "fire Pioli" message is what created the divide in the fans in the first place.

There's NOTHING divisive about wanting to draft a QB. Nothing.

DeezNutz
12-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Advocating drafting a QB subtracts from the support SOC has developed but continuing to fly "fire Pioli" banners doesn't?

The whole "fire Pioli" message is what created the divide in the fans in the first place.

I don't perceive a divide. Not a meaningful one, anyway.

patteeu
12-14-2012, 08:46 AM

The people who support SOC are obviously all on board with "FIRE PIOLI".

If you add "DRAFT GENO" to that, you're going to lose some of the people who want to fire Pioli and draft Barkley or fire Pioli and sign Alex Smith or fire Pioli and get two mid-round QBs to compete with Brady Quinn, or whatever.

If you add something less specific, like "DRAFT A QB IN THE 1ST", you'll have less erosion of support from the fire Pioli crowd, but there will probably still be some who would rather defer to Pioli's successor (who might choose to trade for a QB instead, for example).

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 08:58 AM
The people who support SOC are obviously all on board with "FIRE PIOLI".

If you add "DRAFT GENO" to that, you're going to lose some of the people who want to fire Pioli and draft Barkley or fire Pioli and sign Alex Smith or fire Pioli and get two mid-round QBs to compete with Brady Quinn, or whatever.

If you add something less specific, like "DRAFT A QB IN THE 1ST", you'll have less erosion of support from the fire Pioli crowd, but there will probably still be some who would rather defer to Pioli's successor (who might choose to trade for a QB instead, for example).

I wasn't EVER suggesting we mention Geno Smith by name.

By and large, the people who don't want a QB are also the people that think Pioli is staying (or should stay). We'll NEVER reach those people, regardless of our message.

Again, other than beating a dead horse and satisfying some fans who just can't be patient, what purpose does another "fire Pioli" banner do?

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 08:58 AM
I don't perceive a divide. Not a meaningful one, anyway.

There was a considerable backlash to the SOC message in the beginning and there's still people on Facebook that think it's classless and deranged.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Pioli's successor (who might choose to trade for a QB instead, for example).

All the MORE reason to get the "draft a QB" message out.

Trading for somebody else's sloppy seconds is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

patteeu
12-14-2012, 09:20 AM
I wasn't EVER suggesting we mention Geno Smith by name.

You never mentioned it, but it has certainly been suggested. I use it as an extreme example to illustrate the point.

By and large, the people who don't want a QB are also the people that think Pioli is staying (or should stay). We'll NEVER reach those people, regardless of our message.

Again, other than beating a dead horse and satisfying some fans who just can't be patient, what purpose does another "fire Pioli" banner do?

The primary purpose is maintaining a consistent message and the secondary purpose is to avoid coming across like some fantasy GM wannabes.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 09:23 AM
The primary purpose is maintaining a consistent message

This has already been accomplished. No need for any more banners.

and the secondary purpose is to avoid coming across like some fantasy GM wannabes.

That perception existed the second the first banner flew.

patteeu
12-14-2012, 09:25 AM

See, you just lost me. I'd rather trade for Brett Favre than draft David Klingler, Tommy Maddox, or Dave Brown (the three 1st round QBs taken the year Green Bay traded their first round pick for Favre).

I think it would be great if the Chiefs use the #1 pick overall on a QB who ends up being a stud. But I'd prefer getting a stud in any way possible over drafting a #1 bust and if a new GM isn't better at figuring out which option is most likely to lead to a stud than I am, we've got the wrong new GM.

patteeu
12-14-2012, 09:27 AM
This has already been accomplished. No need for any more banners.

OK, like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 09:28 AM
See, you just lost me. I'd rather trade for Brett Favre than draft David Klingler, Tommy Maddox, or Dave Brown (the three 1st round QBs taken the year Green Bay traded their first round pick for Favre).

I think it would be great if the Chiefs use the #1 pick overall on a QB who ends up being a stud. But I'd prefer getting a stud in any way possible over drafting a #1 bust and if a new GM isn't better at figuring out which option is most likely to lead to a stud than I am, we've got the wrong new GM.

So who is that guy you're trading for then? The Brett Favre that got traded from Atlanta to Green Bay doesn't exist in the modern NFL. Guys don't sit on the bench anymore, if they're decent, they play.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

If they don't draft a QB, we won't be having anymore of these discussions because I'm fucking done with this stupid fucking franchise.

patteeu
12-14-2012, 09:32 AM
So who is that guy you're trading for then? The Brett Favre that got traded from Atlanta to Green Bay doesn't exist in the modern NFL. Guys don't sit on the bench anymore, if they're decent, they play.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

If they don't draft a QB, we won't be having anymore of these discussions because I'm ****ing done with this stupid ****ing franchise.

If he doesn't exist, then the smart new GM Clark hires won't trade for him and all will be well. If the smart new GM thinks that Kirk Cousins or Ryan Mallet is a better prospect than any of the draft prospects, then I'd rather have Cousins or Mallet. I know I'm not as smart as the smart new GM that Clark should hire and, when it comes to talent evaluation, I sure hope he's smarter than any other ChiefsPlanet poster too. That's not a shot at CP posters, it's a sincere hope.

Comrade Crapski
12-14-2012, 09:47 AM

We'll take your #1 for Mark Sanchez. ;)

Just putting it out there.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 09:47 AM
If he doesn't exist, then the smart new GM Clark hires won't trade for him and all will be well. If the smart new GM thinks that Kirk Cousins or Ryan Mallet is a better prospect than any of the draft prospects, then I'd rather have Cousins or Mallet. I know I'm not as smart as the smart new GM that Clark should hire and, when it comes to talent evaluation, I sure hope he's smarter than any other ChiefsPlanet poster too. That's not a shot at CP posters, it's a sincere hope.

If the smart new GM thinks Cousins or Mallett is a better prospect than any of the ones in the draft, he isn't smart. He's a fucking idiot.

mdchiefsfan
12-14-2012, 10:57 AM

1st round QBs won 56% of SBs-Saveourchiefs.com

God, I wish we could find a way to fit this.

durtyrute
12-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Pioli isn't going anywhere, save your money.

patteeu
12-14-2012, 11:28 AM
If the smart new GM thinks Cousins or Mallett is a better prospect than any of the ones in the draft, he isn't smart. He's a ****ing idiot.

OK, whatever you say. If only Clark would hire you to be the new GM. Our Superbowl drought would be as good as over.

HIRE HTISMAQE PLEASE! - SOC

:p

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 11:41 AM
OK, whatever you say. If only Clark would hire you to be the new GM. Our Superbowl drought would be as good as over.

HIRE HTISMAQE PLEASE! - SOC

:p

The #1 fallback cop out on Chiefsplanet.

"Why don't you go be a GM!"

ROFL

Pathetic.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2012, 12:07 PM
1st round QBs won 56% of SB's-Saveourchiefs.com

You know what I REALLY like about this one. It conveys the message with a cold, hard, fact. We're not coming right out and asking, or begging them to do something. We're strongly implying our desire with something that no one can dispute. This is probably my favorite one of them all, and it does fit within 25 characters. I even added an apostrophe and it still fits. Kudos, sir. Very well done.

htismaqe
12-14-2012, 12:17 PM
You know what I REALLY like about this one. It conveys the message with a cold, hard, fact. We're not coming right out and asking, or begging them to do something. We're strongly implying our desire with something that no one can dispute. This is probably my favorite one of them all, and it does fit within 25 characters. I even added an apostrophe and it still fits. Kudos, sir. Very well done.

You could re-word it in several ways that makes it shorter, including abbreviate the word "round".

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2012, 12:35 PM
You could re-word it in several ways that makes it shorter, including abbreviate the word "round".

It fits as is. If it can be improved upon, great. But just as it is, it is under 25 characters.

bevischief
12-14-2012, 02:11 PM

I like it. Print it.

ILChief
12-14-2012, 02:16 PM

I love it!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2012, 02:22 PM
1st rnd QBs have won 56% of SB's

That flows better I think.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Now, that said, remember, there are a lot of dumb motherfuckers who are gonna say "SEE! SOC KNOWS! THAT'S BARELY HALF! DRAFT A LT, AND FIND A RETREAD!"

And it will happen. I guarandamnedtee it.

BossChief
12-14-2012, 03:00 PM
GENO TO BOWE, PLEASE. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

mdchiefsfan
12-14-2012, 09:08 PM
1st rnd QBs have won 56% of SB's

That flows better I think.

Whatever pleases the masses. I just feel that angle expresses our desire for a 1st round qb without coming off demanding.

Nightfyre
12-14-2012, 09:15 PM
This fanbase needs a franchise QB. - SOC

AussieChiefsFan
12-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Pioli out. Chocolate Painii in - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

bowener
12-15-2012, 12:44 AM
I still like "Fuck it. We give up too."

That expresses my interest level in the Chiefs. I have stopped giving a fuck, as well as stopped giving any money to them as well. Eat my asshole, Clark. All of it. After I take a hard long shit that may or may not make my anus bleed. Eat it.

Count Zarth
12-15-2012, 11:14 AM
die, true fans

http://i.imgur.com/Y4Qyi.jpg

Red Beans
12-15-2012, 11:17 AM
die, true fans

That statement makes me physically ill. That guy should be the poster child for forced sterilization.

Count Zarth
12-15-2012, 11:18 AM
It's a dumbass Pats fan.

Their true fans are the worst since Belichick can't do anything wrong and they win every year.

unnecessary drama
12-15-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't think the draft experts have adapted to the new rookie pay slots yet...

the first year, the Ponder year...those guys were all mocked for the 2nd or later...Ponder, Locker, etc...

they all went top 15

I bet 4 QB's go in the top 15 this year

teedubya
12-15-2012, 12:10 PM
I have stopped giving a ****, as well as stopped giving any money to them as well. Eat my asshole, Clark. All of it. After I take a hard long shit that may or may not make my anus bleed. Eat it.

That's a little long for a banner, but I like it.

bevischief
12-15-2012, 02:34 PM
die, true fans

JFC...

ILChief
12-15-2012, 03:52 PM

the first year, the Ponder year...those guys were all mocked for the 2nd or later...Ponder, Locker, etc...

they all went top 15

KC, Jacksonville, Oakland, Arizona, Buffalo could all go QB. I'm 99.99999% sure that Arizona and Buffalo will. KC should also as well but our organization is run by cowards so I'm not expecting it. Oakland and Jacksonville could go either way as they have drafted young QBs in the last couple of years and have vets like Henne and Palmer that are serviceable.

htismaqe
12-15-2012, 09:37 PM

they all went top 15

They haven't adapted to the slotting in the new CBA.

And they haven't adapted to the continually increasing importance on passing offenses.

Like Sean Salisbury says, there's only 3 positions worth a #1 overall pick anymore and QB is as important as LT and DE/OLB COMBINED.

Bewbies
12-15-2012, 11:13 PM
It's a dumbass Pats fan.

Their true fans are the worst since Belichick can't do anything wrong and they win every year.

When Brady retires and he returns to the .400 coach he is I am going to LOL. Pats fans are clueless as to the true reason for their success.

Bewbies
12-15-2012, 11:16 PM
They haven't adapted to the slotting in the new CBA.

And they haven't adapted to the continually increasing importance on passing offenses.

Like Sean Salisbury says, there's only 3 positions worth a #1 overall pick anymore and QB is as important as LT and DE/OLB COMBINED.

And with QB you hit and you're a contender for a decade. You miss and you can draft another.

Hit on an LT and you've done what? How many game changing DE's are there?

If you're in the 1 slot QB is the only pick.

BossChief
12-15-2012, 11:18 PM
When Brady retires and he returns to the .400 coach he is I am going to LOL. Pats fans are clueless as to the true reason for their success.

I totally agree.

In the NFL, you either have an elite quarterback or you don't. If you do, you are always in the fight...if you don't, you were never in the fight to begin with.

Herm could have won a superbowl with Manning.

BossChief
12-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Good teams are built by doing everything you can to find your franchises quarterback and then spending EVERY SINGLE RESOURCE YOU HAVE to put your kid in situations he can succeed.

We are about to take the first step into the new era of Chiefs football and it sure would be nice to have Geno be the man to lead the way.

NJChiefsFan
12-16-2012, 12:50 AM

I'm not sure BB even lets that happen.

htismaqe
12-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Herm could have won a superbowl with Manning.

Yep.

As much as he tried, Tony Dungy couldn't prevent Manning from winning one.

SNR
12-16-2012, 11:20 AM
die, true fans

I wish I knew that guy in real life. I'd go over to his house right now and punch him in the goddamn dick.

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 11:25 AM
So whats with the story on SOC about Pioli getting called to Dallas? I haven't seen anything on CP about it.

cabletech94
12-16-2012, 11:29 AM
So whats with the story on SOC about Pioli getting called to Dallas? I haven't seen anything on CP about it.

i just saw that on FB too. it's gotta be here somewhere.

PR, marty? clay? little help? please.

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 11:37 AM
The post:

Guess who spent Wednesday in the principal's office? That's right, our elf, Scott Pioli. Even more interesting is that he flew commercial to Dallas and back, landing in KC around 9pm.

With Clark Hunt summoning Pioli to Dallas, the end is near. Extensions are not signed in Dallas. Walking papers are handed out by the Hunt family in Dallas.

Tribal Warfare
12-16-2012, 11:38 AM
https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs/posts/471415606244076

Guess who spent Wednesday in the principal's office? That's right, our elf, Scott Pioli. Even more interesting is that he flew commercial to Dallas and back, landing in KC around 9pm. With Clark Hunt summoning Pioli to Dallas, the end is near. Extensions are not signed in Dallas. Walking papers are handed out by the Hunt family in Dallas.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-16-2012, 12:02 PM
https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs/posts/471415606244076

Hope this is true.

Hope he didn't go to sign an extension...

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Hope this is true.

Hope he didn't go to sign an extension...

If Hunt made Pioli fly commercial to Dallas to sign an extension he would officially be the biggest asshole owner in sports. LMAO

Mr_Tomahawk
12-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Did we see another picture of Pioli on a commercial jet...?

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 01:16 PM
If Hunt made Pioli fly commercial to Dallas to sign an extension he would officially be the biggest asshole owner in sports. LMAO

Sounds awesome to me.

Fuck you Pioli, use of team plane rescinded. Enjoy your microwaved salisbury steak.

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Did we see another picture of Pioli on a commercial jet...?

http://www.theoneliner.com/img/ce/2k4/041126_passenger5703.jpg

BossChief
12-16-2012, 01:32 PM
The picture of Pioli from a month or so ago on a plane that preceded the pic of him in providence was on a commercial plane, too. Hopefully, this is what we hope it is.

Guru
12-16-2012, 01:33 PM
It would be so great to go to the game next week if Pioli is fired. Isn't this about the time of year it was when Carl "stepped down"

Mr_Tomahawk
12-16-2012, 01:35 PM
It would be so great to go to the game next week if Pioli is fired. Isn't this about the time of year it was when Carl "stepped down"

That is what I am thinking...

I am waffling on whether or not I go to the game next week...honestly it all depends on the weather. BUT, if it is announced that Pioli will not be returning next season, I will go to the game next weekend rain, snow, or shine....!

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 01:43 PM
So where is the info coming from on Pioli flying to Dallas? What is the source?

Mr_Tomahawk
12-16-2012, 01:45 PM

That's what I am asking...

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 01:45 PM

:facepalm:

Just shut up and believe in SOC.

We are the way.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bE2oShUUQX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big Chief Homer
12-16-2012, 01:48 PM
The picture of Pioli from a month or so ago on a plane that preceded the pic of him in providence was on a commercial plane, too. Hopefully, this is what we hope it is.

The picture of Pioli in Providence was a Scouting gig. Someone tweeted out right after that Pioli was at a college game.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Pioli was interviewing with "people" from the Titans. What college is in Proidence that has round 1-3 talent?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-16-2012, 02:23 PM
I posted the DFW story. There is more coming once I get the green light, including a bit on Romeo getting a buyout.

O.city
12-16-2012, 02:24 PM
What? You joke?

(Borat)

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 02:34 PM
I posted the DFW story. There is more coming once I get the green light, including a bit on Romeo getting a buyout.

Motherfucking AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

O.city
12-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Green light from who? Come on bro.

O.city
12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I can't believe another team is gonna give that douchlord another shot after this dumpster fire.

BossChief
12-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Im as hard as a diamond in an icestorm.

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Im as hard as a diamond in an icestorm.

I am so hard I could cut fucking diamonds.

O.city
12-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Come on Marty, i'm on nails here.

DeezNutz
12-16-2012, 03:28 PM
In FG range.

O.city
12-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Come on Marty, where you at? We need some details.

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 03:38 PM
In FG range.

LMAO just due to the (hopefully) appropriateness of this.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Marty, when do expect the light you speak of to turn green? This week...? End of season...?

JASONSAUTO
12-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Pioli was interviewing with "people" from the Titans. What college is in Proidence that has round 1-3 talent?

Interviewing with people from the NFL titans? Like to go work for them?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
12-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Marty, when do expect the light you speak of to turn green? This week...? End of season...?

This.

When are we going to hear something?

Dayze
12-16-2012, 04:07 PM
This.

When are we going to hear something?
around the time season ticket deposits are due.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry guys, been painting around the house and watching this dumpster fire of a game.

Titans are interested in Scott focusing on player personnel. Not a GM role.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry guys, been painting around the house and watching this dumpster fire of a game.

Baconeater
12-16-2012, 04:16 PM

You mean the thing he is the worst at? I was thinking janitor...they'd have the cleanest stairwells anywhere.

O.city
12-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Good god, really? After what he's done in KC?

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 04:17 PM

Good news for us all the way around.

O.city
12-16-2012, 04:19 PM
What in the blue hell is wrong with people in the league? Guy fails miserably, eh give him another shot.

Guy fails again, eh maybe he's learned.

O.city
12-16-2012, 04:19 PM
What in the blue hell is wrong with people in the league? Guy fails miserably, eh give him another shot.

Guy fails again, eh maybe he's learned.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-16-2012, 04:21 PM

Reliable source?

cabletech94
12-16-2012, 04:27 PM
clay and marty, thanks for the updates!

as clay said: believe in the SOC!!!

keep hope alive.

O.city
12-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Are you hearing who the Chiefs are going to bring in?

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2012, 04:51 PM

Two questions:

Were the Titans given permission to speak to Pioli?

If yes, then how did you get this information, while the rest of the media has no clue?

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Two questions:

Were the Titans given permission to speak to Pioli?

If yes, then how did you get this information, while the rest of the media has no clue?

Marty has sources in the Nfl. He had that one site at one time.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Marty has sources in the Nfl. He had that one site at one time.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm aware of his connections, I'm more interested in how the Schefter's, LaCanfora's and King's of the world haven't reported this.

That flight to Providence was a while back.

JASONSAUTO
12-16-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm aware of his connections, I'm more interested in how the Schefter's, LaCanfora's and King's of the world haven't reported this.

La California had kinda hinted that Pioli went be back
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk
12-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Elaborate...

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I know this as well.

But if he actually met with another team, I can't imagine that could stay quiet.

To a.) meet with another team, he'd have to b.) have permission from Clark, or c.) already been terminated.

All three of those things would have been reported by now if true.

I hope Marty is right, it's just not making a ton of sense.

JASONSAUTO
12-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Elaborate...

Said the chiefs could be a sleeping giant in the GM sweepstakes. Iirc
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus

Flight to Dallas was Wednesday?

I am going with Marty wouldn't say anything unless he had a reason.

I will sleep better thinking that way.

JASONSAUTO
I know this as well.

But if he actually met with another team, I can't imagine that could stay quiet.

To a.) meet with another team, he'd have to b.) have permission from Clark, or c.) already been terminated.

All three of those things would have been reported by now if true.

I hope Marty is right, it's just not making a ton of sense.

I agree, just hoping as well lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Flight to Dallas was Wednesday?

I am going with Marty wouldn't say anything unless he had a reason.

I will sleep better thinking that way.

Maybe I misread something, but it was said that the meeting with the Titans took place during the trip to Providence.

JASONSAUTO
12-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Maybe I misread something, but it was said that the meeting with the Titans took place during the trip to Providence.

That's the way I took it too
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
12-16-2012, 05:09 PM
I'd bet we have a press conference tomorrow in KC.

JASONSAUTO
12-16-2012, 05:10 PM
There were rumors somewhere that he had b been notified he wouldn't be brought back next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
12-16-2012, 05:11 PM
I'd bet we have a press conference tomorrow in KC.

I hope so, but we've been saying this for over a month.

O.city
12-16-2012, 05:12 PM
IIRC, wasn't it with 2 weeks to go the Peterson thing went down? I think he's been waiting for this week.

Guru
12-16-2012, 05:17 PM
the Chiefs will fire Pioli tomorrow and the world will end on Friday. Fitting really.

ILChief
12-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Jack Harry getting ready to come on 810. this should be good

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 05:18 PM

Details about his trip to DFW haven't been reported yet that was what Marty posted earlier he was waiting n a green light.

2 trips out of town on commercial jets meaning not Chiefs business. I like the signs of it.

Big Chief Homer
12-16-2012, 05:52 PM

There was a tweet from the BC game saying Pioli was there scouting.It was either the ND or Virgina tech game.

I dont know why he was in providence but it is only 45 mins from BC.

O.city
12-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Bet he was there to watch Teo. Maybe the Titans want Teo?

Big Chief Homer
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Could be. Thats what I thought.There to scout Teo.

Im looking to see if I can find the link.

Chocolate Hog
12-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Sounds like wishful thinking

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 06:03 PM

You think Pioli is flying commercial to go scout players himself? Really?

Big Chief Homer
12-16-2012, 06:07 PM
You think Pioli is flying commercial to go scout players himself? Really?

If he has personal business,Clarks not giving him the Jet to go talk to the Titians about a Job. BC is only a 40 to 45 min limo ride from providence.

Maybe he just wanted to go to the game after meeting with the Titans.

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
If he has personal business,Clarks not giving him the Jet to go talk to the Titians about a Job. BC is only a 40 to 45 min limo ride from providence.

Maybe he just wanted to go to the game after meeting with the Titans.

Exactly! In other words he wasn't on a scouting trip for KC .

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Will post more wen I get home tonight guys

Big Chief Homer
12-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Exactly! In other words he wasn't on a scouting trip for KC .

He could be scouting for his own personal knowledge,who knows.

Marty says he went to providence to meet with the Titans. Why Providence?? Close proximity to watch Teo or other play?

He has used commercial flights acouple of times this year.

There was a pic of him on a commercial flight going to give a pep talk to the college team that just fired their coach (sorry teams name escapes me at the moment).

I doubt Clark lets him scout for another team while hes on the Chiefs Payroll

The Bad Guy
12-16-2012, 06:31 PM
If Scott Pioli is here past the first week of the new year, I'm finding a new team. Enough's enough.

Shutout by one of the worst defenses in the NFL?

Good thing Carl Winslow gave up being a DC so he could have more of a hand in the offense.

DeezNutz
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
We're going into tinfoil hat territory to believe that Pioli was scouting for a team he doesn't work for at the moment.

Big Chief Homer
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
We're going into tinfoil hat territory to believe that Pioli was scouting for a team he doesn't work for at the moment.

yep

Marcellus
12-16-2012, 06:39 PM

I think the point is he wasn't scouting he was meeting with a team under the pretense of scouting.

JASONSAUTO
12-16-2012, 06:42 PM
I think the point is he wasn't scouting he was meeting with a team under the pretense of scouting.

that's what I thought too.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
12-16-2012, 06:50 PM
There were rumors somewhere that he had b been notified he wouldn't be brought back next year.
Posted via Mobile DeviceThose have been really prevalent since the Blackout. Along with he cant make any choices, deals or anything else for the Chiefs. Could just be the same rumor making the rounds.

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 07:06 PM
LMAO

Amazing that some of you are still in fear of Pioli being retained.

The joy of him getting fired is going to be greatly reduced by knowing it's going to happen for a months now.

Big Chief Homer
12-16-2012, 07:06 PM
[ Along with he cant make any choices, deals or anything else for the Chiefs. Could just be the same rumor making the rounds.[/QUOTE]

Chiefs in the last couple of years have been pro active in trying to sign players

DJ, Flowers, Tamba, Charles.

This makes alot of sense, being we have not heard of any on going negotiations or signings.

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 07:09 PM
My next moment of joy will be when a story runs with this headline:

"Chiefs begin negotiating with QB X's agent"

DaFace
12-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Work in progress. Bear with me.

(But you can feel free to continue posting in this thread.)

Guru
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
What the hell?

Easy 6
12-16-2012, 07:17 PM
In

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 07:18 PM
THAT BLADE WAS BROKEN

IT HAS BEEN REMADE

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33465/879058-aragorn_and_the_army_of_the_dead.jpg

DaFace
12-16-2012, 07:20 PM
As I just added to the OP:

Due to the old thread's size and popularity, it was causing server problems. You can view the old thread here. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510) Once this whole deal dies down, we'll merge them back together for an intact record of the entire movement. - DaFace

I merged posts starting 12am CDT this morning into this thread just so we have some recent history of discussion to start with. Hopefully this will help the server to stop sucking.

Baconeater
12-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Thank you.

DaFace
12-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure this will take care of it, but vBulletin is known for having issues with big threads. When they're popular big threads, even worse. When they're popular big threads that also happen to be popular when the server's already stressed due to a game thread, even worse. So, it certainly stands to reason that this should help, but we'll see.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Here's how the real NFL works when it comes to GMs, Coaches, Assistants, Coordinators and the personnel men, scouts: November and December are hustle months meaning they are getting their name on the street and talking with guys affiliated with teams. It's been so widespread for so long, its par for the course. For example, a scout looking to move up will reach out to teams in mid November in hopes of getting a gig right at the end of a season. These are guys looking to move up or find security because they know a change in "leadership" is forthcoming.

So how does Pioli get lumped into this?

Let's triple flashback to the day LaCanfora reported that Pioli had a new extension. Turns out it was never signed but damage was done.

Let's double flashback to Pioli's interview tour. It was done without Clark's blessing. It was done to make Scott seem to be personable, dedicated and focused. All traits that a new employer wants to see during the time of "crisis". Face it, this season has been a massive crisis. Scott wants to demonstrate he can handle himself. So he did what he thought was a good thing.

Clark was pissed. He was in Chicago having a conversation with a well-to-do ex Chiefs coach who has enjoyed a storied head coaching career in a town that rhymes with Hittsburg and is now on TV.

Clark returns to KC, strips Pioli of all GM power. Silences him. Crennel is given control over the roster. Out goes Rhoutt.

Let's flashback to November 10. Reports surfaced that Schottenheimer was at 1 Arrowhead to meet Clark Hunt, who flew in his private jet and landed downtown that morning. Clark was in KC. Pioli wasn't. A Chiefs employee called a national sports radio show to report this. The Chiefs went into full damage control.

Where was Scott? In Providence. The picture we tweeted out was taken on November 11 at a hotel in Providence. During this time, he met with representatives from the Titans to discuss a potential role with the team with player personnel. Pioli has circulated his name to a few teams, including the Patriots. The picture was taken around the lunch hour. The Boston College/Notre Dame was an 8pm kickoff that night. Doesn't matter if Scott is employed with us or not, he's going to scout players so he knows whats going on in case another team falls for his shit again.

Pioli flys to Pittsburgh for the MNF game.

Clark Hunt flys to Pittsburgh for the game. Stays behind and has breakfast with one of the ESPN announcers who did the game the night before. Chuck is his name, I think.

Then comes the really odd thing: After the Bengals game, Clark and Scott had a long meeting at Arrowhead. I got a text that night saying both were still in the stadium past 7pm. I didn't think anything of it. Then I get a message from a well placed source that Scott took the entire week of Thanksgiving off, arriving back into town the night before the Broncos game. Sorry, but NFL GMs don't take that kind of time off during the season.

This week Scott was in Dallas to meet with Clark. This is the kiss of death. No different than when Carl was let go. Flying commercial to Dallas mid-week in December when there is no league business meetings scheduled, no college games to scout or anything else is a tell-tale sign.

Notice that TV cameras have not shown Scott in the last 2 weeks? Or mentioned his name? Remember when CBS started talking about the blackout in the 4th quarter after word broke via Twitter that stadium security was confiscating our FIRE PIOLI signs and kicking people out of Arrowhead? Nothing in the NFL is done in the NFL by a whim. Nothing.

So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick.

BTW, I am hearing the only reason that Clark refuses to make an in-season change now is that he doesn't want the players to get excited or pumped up for the new guy. Ray Farmer was slated to be the interim GM if Clark ever pulled the trigger. Clark really wants to give that new GM and Coach a #1 pick and let them decide to take a QB, trade down or do whatever.

It is important to end this post with one simple statement: In the NFL the real moves occur ahead of the announced moves. Call it a game of shadows if you will. Some of the well placed media guys have an understanding not to report on certain things. Me, I could give a shit less. I'm a Chiefs fan, not a card-carrying member of the media.

O.city
12-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the info.

Sounds like Clark actually is being proactive. I like it. Also, it may go against what others think, but I like what he's doing with Romeo. It might show future coaches that ownership will go out of their way to be compassionate.

Any idea if there is a "plan" in place to who the new GM and HC will be?

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Better report than anything we have read all year.

SOC IS THE WAY

Guru
12-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Come on Clark. Just announce it this week and give the fans something to cheer about.

O.city
12-16-2012, 09:18 PM
I said it earlier today, but I could see tomorrow actually being axe falling day.

Guru
12-16-2012, 09:20 PM
I said it earlier today, but I could see tomorrow actually being axe falling day.

IT sure would be nice to be able to fly the Thank You banner.

O.city
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
I think it's starting to be or will be quite evident that Clark cares alot more about winning than people thought.

Chocolate Hog
12-16-2012, 09:22 PM
I want to believe you Marty.

If Pioli was relieved of his GM duties what was he doing at the Arrowhead practice facility the day Belcher killed himself?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3771725

Peterson announced his resignation on December 16, 2008. Clark followed a similar path before.....

O.city
12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Marty, who do you think or who are you hearing Clark wants to bring in to coach or be the GM?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
He is still there, watching tape, remaining active. Just because a guy knows his job is likely over doesn't mean he stops working. In fact, I'd probably suggest the idea that the bastard was working even harder so he is prepared to find work with another team.

I want to believe you Marty.

If Pioli was relieved of his GM duties what was he doing at the Arrowhead practice facility the day Belcher killed himself?

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM
if Clark ever pulled the trigger

This comment was classless and deranged.

Chocolate Hog
12-16-2012, 09:27 PM
I hope the meeting with Cowher was a good one

O.city
12-16-2012, 09:29 PM
I hope the meeting with Cowher was a good one

You knwo, I've been thinking about this alot.

I know his history, which isn't exactly ideal. But damn it, I'm tired of putting a soft team on the field. I want a team that absolutely attacks the shit out of you on both sides of the ball.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-16-2012, 09:31 PM
I know this much. Potential GMs include: Bill Polian, Bill Cowher, Marc Ross, Randy Mueller, Russ Ball and 1-2 other sleepers including the buzz-name in Baltimore.

Coaches: Gruden, Chip Kelly, Bruce Arians, Mike Sherman and Mike McCoy.

My honest gut: if we draft a Round 1 QB, we have to have a staff in place that knows how to develop passers. I don't see us getting a defensive minded coach

If Clark came to me and said, "Marty, you decide for me, I'll just write the checks." I'd go with either Marc Ross and Jon Gruden or Chip Kelly. Being a Pac-12 guy, I've watched Kelly a lot and have studied him pretty closely. The way he runs his practices falls in line with the current CBA and what players want. But....I'm still research guys. Ultimately, a bag of potatoes and a jar of pickles would be better than the tandem we have in place now.

O.city
12-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Cowher as GM? No thanks.

O.city
12-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Ross as GM
Gruden as HC
Rex as DC
OC ?

AustinChief
12-16-2012, 09:36 PM
I think it's starting to be or will be quite evident that Clark cares alot more about winning than people thought.

He also cares about the people who work for him, more so than fulfilling our need for immediate gratification. If this is all pans out (and I don't doubt for a second that it will) it is exactly the kind of owner I want for my team and the kind of person people should be happy to work for.

Good stuff.

NJChiefsFan
12-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Ross as GM
Gruden as HC
Rex as DC
OC ?

Rex isn't getting fired. I can't stress this enough. His head is not on a plate right now.

Big Chief Homer
Marty, thanks for the information.

Like Clay said, best and most informative report we've heard all season.

If this happens and we get the #1 pick, we can put this nightmare behind us and enjoy a memorable and exciting offseason.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
Totally agree!

He also cares about the people who work for him, more so than fulfilling our need for immediate gratification. If this is all pans out (and I don't doubt for a second that it will) it is exactly the kind of owner I want for my team and the kind of person people should be happy to work for.

Good stuff.

Chocolate Hog
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
You knwo, I've been thinking about this alot.

I know his history, which isn't exactly ideal. But damn it, I'm tired of putting a soft team on the field. I want a team that absolutely attacks the shit out of you on both sides of the ball.

Polian/Cowher

AustinChief
12-16-2012, 09:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3771725

Peterson announced his resignation on December 16, 2008. Clark followed a similar path before.....

Wow, so if Pioli "retires" Dec 18th.. it will be two days after the team lost to a division rival and went 2-12... same exact situation that happened under Peterson.

patteeu
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM
In

Baconeater
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM

Good stuff.
Meh. If he really cared about the people who work for him he would've removed the fucking tyrant from power already.

BossChief
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Polian/Cowher

Polian
Cowher
Norv Turner
Ron Rivera

GENO SMITH

JIMP

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Uh Ron Rivera is a HC already.

Fuck Cowher.

O.city
12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
I think he's thinking Ron will be fired, which I disagree with.

BossChief
12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Uh Ron Rivera is a HC already.

Fuck Cowher.

So is Norv Turner.

Currently.

You would bow down to the chin penii quickly.

O.city
12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
If it is indeed Cowher and we draft Geno, I'll get on board immediately.

ChiefsCountry
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Cowher would make alot of sense. No changing the 3-4 which we are sort of built for. Big name coach who the casual fans would get excited about. Big ties to Chiefs of the past. Has the Pittsburgh tradition as well. It would be very simlar to Fisher in St. Louis or Parcells to the Patriots. Stats say he probally wouldn't win a Super Bowl but then again your time table for that is probably 3 to 4 years away just judging by the age that quarterbacks win Super Bowls.

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 10:24 PM
So is Norv Turner.

Currently.

You would bow down to the chin penii quickly.

I would grudgingly accept the hire, no more.

I admit that he could win me over quickly in the same manner Herm did. I am easily romanced by the siren of mediocrity.

O.city
12-16-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure there is an absolute can't miss coaching hire out there.

I'd love Cowher, or Gruden, or Chip Kelly, or David Shaw.

Honestly I'd accept anyone at this point. I sure I can basically say without any hesitation that we currently have the worst coaching staff in place in the NFL, as well as the worst environment in the league.

NJChiefsFan
12-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I would grudgingly accept the hire, no more.

I admit that he could win me over quickly in the same manner Herm did. I am easily romanced by the siren of mediocrity.

We all are. We are desperate for anything to cling to.

O.city
12-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Shit, I'll start by just getting to the point where we are competing with and beating the occasional good team.

IMO, this is an alltime low in Chiefs football. But I keep telling myself, it's always darkest before the dawn.

And the sun is peeking on the horizon. And it's name is Geno Smith.

the Talking Can
12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Here's how the real NFL works when it comes to GMs, Coaches, Assistants, Coordinators and the personnel men, scouts: November and December are hustle months meaning they are getting their name on the street and talking with guys affiliated with teams. It's been so widespread for so long, its par for the course. For example, a scout looking to move up will reach out to teams in mid November in hopes of getting a gig right at the end of a season. These are guys looking to move up or find security because they know a change in "leadership" is forthcoming.

Let's triple flashback to the day LaCanfora reported that Pioli had a new extension. Turns out it was never signed but damage was done.

Let's double flashback to Pioli's interview tour. It was done without Clark's blessing. It was done to make Scott seem to be personable, dedicated and focused. All traits that a new employer wants to see during the time of "crisis". Face it, this season has been a massive crisis. Scott wants to demonstrate he can handle himself. So he did what he thought was a good thing.

Clark was pissed. He was in Chicago having a conversation with a well-to-do ex Chiefs coach who has enjoyed a storied head coaching career in a town that rhymes with Hittsburg and is now on TV.

Clark returns to KC, strips Pioli of all GM power. Silences him. Crennel is given control over the roster. Out goes Rhoutt.

Let's flashback to November 10. Reports surfaced that Schottenheimer was at 1 Arrowhead to meet Clark Hunt, who flew in his private jet and landed downtown that morning. Clark was in KC. Pioli wasn't. A Chiefs employee called a national sports radio show to report this. The Chiefs went into full damage control.

Where was Scott? In Providence. The picture we tweeted out was taken on November 11 at a hotel in Providence. During this time, he met with representatives from the Titans to discuss a potential role with the team with player personnel. Pioli has circulated his name to a few teams, including the Patriots. The picture was taken around the lunch hour. The Boston College/Notre Dame was an 8pm kickoff that night. Doesn't matter if Scott is employed with us or not, he's going to scout players so he knows whats going on in case another team falls for his shit again.

Clark Hunt flys to Pittsburgh for the game. Stays behind and has breakfast with one of the ESPN announcers who did the game the night before. Chuck is his name, I think.

Then comes the really odd thing: After the Bengals game, Clark and Scott had a long meeting at Arrowhead. I got a text that night saying both were still in the stadium past 7pm. I didn't think anything of it. Then I get a message from a well placed source that Scott took the entire week of Thanksgiving off, arriving back into town the night before the Broncos game. Sorry, but NFL GMs don't take that kind of time off during the season.

This week Scott was in Dallas to meet with Clark. This is the kiss of death. No different than when Carl was let go. Flying commercial to Dallas mid-week in December when there is no league business meetings scheduled, no college games to scout or anything else is a tell-tale sign.

Notice that TV cameras have not shown Scott in the last 2 weeks? Or mentioned his name? Remember when CBS started talking about the blackout in the 4th quarter after word broke via Twitter that stadium security was confiscating our FIRE PIOLI signs and kicking people out of Arrowhead? Nothing in the NFL is done in the NFL by a whim. Nothing.

So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick.

BTW, I am hearing the only reason that Clark refuses to make an in-season change now is that he doesn't want the players to get excited or pumped up for the new guy. Ray Farmer was slated to be the interim GM if Clark ever pulled the trigger. Clark really wants to give that new GM and Coach a #1 pick and let them decide to take a QB, trade down or do whatever.

It is important to end this post with one simple statement: In the NFL the real moves occur ahead of the announced moves. Call it a game of shadows if you will. Some of the well placed media guys have an understanding not to report on certain things. Me, I could give a shit less. I'm a Chiefs fan, not a card-carrying member of the media.

this is the best post on the planet in years...i would give you a handy if we were close

KCChiefsFan88
12-16-2012, 11:02 PM

Good stuff.

Have you forgotten about the Arrowhead Anxiety article already? Detailing the toxic state of employee morale (both football and non-football employees) at One Arrowhead Drive?

Count Zarth
12-16-2012, 11:09 PM
It is cool that Clark is willing to be level-headed, a nice guy and has patience.

And that he is also willing to fire everyone.

We can have our cake and it too...as long as it's Chocolate Penis cake.

BigMeatballDave
12-16-2012, 11:12 PM

PBJ

Saccopoo
12-16-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm not sure there is an absolute can't miss coaching hire out there.

I'd love Cowher, or Gruden, or Chip Kelly, or David Shaw.

Honestly I'd accept anyone at this point. I sure I can basically say without any hesitation that we currently have the worst coaching staff in place in the NFL, as well as the worst environment in the league.

What Brian Kelly did at Cincinatti and this year with Notre Dame is nothing short of amazing.

Notre Dame really doesn't have a lot of talent on that team compared to years past, but here they are in the NC game. He's gotten a metric shit ton out of his players everywhere he's been.

That's my guy for HC.

Dick Bumpus for DC.

Chocolate Hog
12-17-2012, 12:31 AM
What Brian Kelly did at Cincinatti and this year with Notre Dame is nothing short of amazing.

Notre Dame really doesn't have a lot of talent on that team compared to years past, but here they are in the NC game. He's gotten a metric shit ton out of his players everywhere he's been.

That's my guy for HC.

Dick Bumpus for DC.

He's never coached in the NFL. No thanks.

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2012, 01:05 AM
So, what to do over the next week or at the game this sunday....?

Count Zarth
12-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Say prayers that Andrew Luck isn't injured.

That's the only thing that's gonna win us a game at this point. If Drew Stanton goes in, all bets are off.

Count Zarth
12-17-2012, 03:10 AM
hey loser

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/16/20/23/l0Azd.SlMa.81.jpeg

Chiefs=Good
12-17-2012, 03:12 AM
Say prayers that Andrew Luck isn't injured.

That's the only thing that's gonna win us a game at this point. If Drew Stanton goes in, all bets are off.

Stanton >>>>>> Any Chiefs Qb..

Chiefs=Good
12-17-2012, 03:13 AM
I'm more worried about the Broncos potentially resting players. I think that's the only way we lose the number one pick.

Count Zarth
12-17-2012, 03:14 AM
yo, you got any jobs open?

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/16/14/48/cEMom.SlMa.81.jpeg

RunKC
12-17-2012, 04:03 AM

I really hope Clark is planning on getting rid of both Pioli/Crennel and not just Crennel.

It's a legitimate fear unfortunately.

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2012, 04:04 AM
I really hope Clark is planning on getting rid of both Pioli/Crennel and not just Crennel.

It's a legitimate fear unfortunately.The backlash by fans would be monumental.

mdchiefsfan
12-17-2012, 04:15 AM

It's a legitimate fear unfortunately.

I don't get how, from the text you quoted, you deduced that Crennel is the only one being fired and this fear arose that Pioli wasn't in the cross-hairs.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-17-2012, 05:11 AM
Scott, two things. (1) what are you pointing at and (2) what is your right hand getting ready to do?

yo, you got any jobs open?

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2012/12/16/14/48/cEMom.SlMa.81.jpeg

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
12-17-2012, 05:11 AM
love the scowl on Pioli's face. He must be defending his position and performance. :)

Count Zarth
12-17-2012, 05:13 AM
That's Al Saunders, I think. Might be an interesting convo if they're talking KC.

pr_capone
12-17-2012, 06:10 AM
updated op

Mr. Flopnuts
12-17-2012, 06:34 AM
This shit with SportzNutz is unacceptable. This should have never been an issue, and the fact is, we should boycott them if they don't follow through. In fact, we ought to get in contact with some of those media outlet contacts we've made and see if they're interested in talking about it as a last case scenario. SOC helped them make a bunch of money, and IIRC they offered the 10% kickback, it's not like it was actively pursued.

pr_capone
12-17-2012, 06:43 AM
This shit with SportzNutz is unacceptable. This should have never been an issue, and the fact is, we should boycott them if they don't follow through. In fact, we ought to get in contact with some of those media outlet contacts we've made and see if they're interested in talking about it as a last case scenario. SOC helped them make a bunch of money, and IIRC they offered the 10% kickback, it's not like it was actively pursued.

no need to shake angry fists yet. still being worked on but I post it because people need to understand why there may be a large amount left over and why we can only afford to fly one plane. this is a big reason why I waited so long to start the banner voting.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-17-2012, 06:46 AM
no need to shake angry fists yet. still being worked on but I post it because people need to understand why there may be a large amount left over and why we can only afford to fly one plane. this is a big reason why I waited so long to start the banner voting.

:thumb: Totally understand. Say the word and those fuckers will have 242 calls in their queue if you're picking up what I'm laying down. :D

Mr. Arrowhead
12-17-2012, 07:25 AM
thanks Marty for the awesome news!!!

DeezNutz
12-17-2012, 08:12 AM

Epic post.

ChiefMojo
12-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Sweet baby Jesus that was soothing to my eyes to read!!! :-)

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 08:53 AM

THIS is why people need to be patient.

Clark isn't stupid. He's doing Romeo a solid, which is admirable, and he's being prudent and letting this season play out to its inevitable conclusion.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't get how, from the text you quoted, you deduced that Crennel is the only one being fired and this fear arose that Pioli wasn't in the cross-hairs.

Actually, the way I read it, PIOLI is the only one being FIRED.

Crennel is being allowed to gracefully exit on his own terms, with his dignity intact.

As much as I hate RAC as a coach, if Clark is really playing it this way, I have mucho admiration for him...

mdchiefsfan
12-17-2012, 09:24 AM

Crennel is being allowed to gracefully exit on his own terms, with his dignity intact.

As much as I hate RAC as a coach, if Clark is really playing it this way, I have mucho admiration for him...

Oh same here. I really like that way of doing things, it would speak volumes about Clark as a person. I just didn't understand how he didn't extract that Pioli is the main culprit in that post.

patteeu
12-17-2012, 09:25 AM

It's a kind gesture from Clark Hunt and it would be a graceful exit on Romeo's own terms, but the output on the field this year makes it impossible for him to exit with his dignity intact.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 09:29 AM
It's a kind gesture from Clark Hunt and it would be a graceful exit on Romeo's own terms, but the output on the field this year makes it impossible for him to exit with his dignity intact.

Yeah, probably not the best wording on my part.

I probably should have said "Crennel is being allowed to gracefully exit on his own terms, preserving what's left of his dignity.

mdchiefsfan
12-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Maybe Clark is keeping him to tank for the first. After yesterday's game you kind of have to wonder if Crennel knows that Clark wants the 1st overall.

Buehler445
12-17-2012, 09:50 AM
I read Marty's post.

Then I came.

patteeu
12-17-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah, probably not the best wording on my part.

I probably should have said "Crennel is being allowed to gracefully exit on his own terms, preserving what's left of his dignity.

I can go with that.

ILChief
12-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Maybe Clark is keeping him to tank for the first. After yesterday's game you kind of have to wonder if Crennel knows that Clark wants the 1st overall.

If that was the case then surely we would draft a QB. You don't tank for a d tackle or Linebacker

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 10:01 AM
If that was the case then surely we would draft a QB. You don't tank for a d tackle or Linebacker

This.

Dave Lane
12-17-2012, 10:06 AM
I read Marty's post.

Then I came.

x2

If there was a god I'd thank him. ;)

Since the Belcher incident I've extremely nervous this would be the excuse to keep Pioli and not make a move. Arrowhead would absolutely be a ghost town next year with no new QB to rally around and Pioli and RAC still here.

Chief Roundup
12-17-2012, 10:11 AM

After reading this stuff. One word comes to mind in describing Clark through this. Professionalism.

Red Beans
12-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Marty's post, man, well, I don't know what to say. However, I do have to track down some clean underwear.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM
My Pants are blazing for you Marty Mac!

ChiefsCountry
12-17-2012, 10:49 AM
You have to think this has been brewing for awhile, especially after the offseason when the quarterback Clark wanted didn't even want to stop in for a visit and no big name coach even wanted to listen to us.

-King-
12-17-2012, 11:39 AM
You have to think this has been brewing for awhile, especially after the offseason when the quarterback Clark wanted didn't even want to stop in for a visit and no big name coach even wanted to listen to us.

Yep. Seeing Manning succeed is probably pissing Clark off right now. I'm 100% sure that Pioli is the reason Manning didn't want to visit and hes the one who convinced Clark we would be fine sticking with Matt instead of letting Manning come and put in his system.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bearcat
12-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Mention of SOC...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T5NYZYfSlTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MotherfuckerJones
12-17-2012, 12:48 PM
@saveourchiefs via twitter
Interesting news in KC: player interviews moved ahead of Romeo Crennel 2day. Something is up as this maneuver doesn't always happen on a Mon

Chocolate Hog
12-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Rac is speaking now so...

Chiefs316
12-17-2012, 01:29 PM
I am constantly looking at this forum today awaiting the wicked witch "Pioli" is gone thread. WTF is the hold up? Get this guy gone already.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 01:32 PM
I am constantly looking at this forum today awaiting the wicked witch "Pioli" is gone thread. WTF is the hold up? Get this guy gone already.

Be fucking patient. He'll be gone Week 17.

MotherfuckerJones
12-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Now laconfora is saying polian is the lead candidate if pioli's fired

RunKC
12-17-2012, 02:02 PM

Did he tweet this? Say it on radio?

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 02:04 PM

If they get the right coach and the right QB, it won't really matter all that much.

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-17-2012, 02:10 PM

I just can't believe Clark will go from one giant, secretive, fan alienating douche to another. Clark has to be looking at other candidates.

mcaj22
12-17-2012, 02:15 PM
please god no Polian. we will be doomed for like 5+ years. (like we arent already)

patteeu
12-17-2012, 02:18 PM
please god no Polian. we will be doomed for like 5+ years. (like we arent already)

You get your choice, Pioli or Polian. Who do you take?

O.city
12-17-2012, 02:18 PM
So you think it will take more than 5 years to get a consistent winner in KC?

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 02:19 PM
So you think it will take more than 5 years to get a consistent winner in KC?

I believe mcaj22 has gone of the deep end and now believes that KC is doomed for all of eternity, no matter who they hire.

mdchiefsfan
12-17-2012, 02:25 PM

It was said in Marty's post that Clark wanted the first overall for the next regime to do with as they please. Just have to hope the next regime believes that drafting and developing a franchise qb is priority one.

The Bad Guy
12-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Marty dropping the hammer down.

From what I was told last night, as long as Pioli is really fired in 2 weeks the first call is going to be made to Cowher. Ironically enough, Wisenhut will be there for Bill to scoop up as OC if he wants back in. He'll have full control and a gm will be hired by Clark and Chin.

If Cowher doesn't want back in, Polian could be in play, but I'm told Clark will be leery of him due to his age. They really want someone that's here a long time. He could pass off to Chris but Chris doesn't have the most glowing rep.

I still can't get full confirmation that Pioli is gone, but Marty has solid sources so I trust him.

mdchiefsfan
12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
You get your choice, Pioli or Polian. Who do you take?

Polian knows what to do with the 1st overall pick.

MotherfuckerJones
12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
He said it online in a blog look at AP

The Bad Guy
12-17-2012, 02:29 PM
If the choice was Pioli or water torture id take water torture.

MotherfuckerJones
12-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Can't wait!! Cowher IMO has been done it would be cool to see him in kc

O.city
12-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Marty dropping the hammer down.

From what I was told last night, as long as Pioli is really fired in 2 weeks the first call is going to be made to Cowher. Ironically enough, Wisenhut will be there for Bill to scoop up as OC if he wants back in. He'll have full control and a gm will be hired by Clark and Chin.

If Cowher doesn't want back in, Polian could be in play, but I'm told Clark will be leery of him due to his age. They really want someone that's here a long time. He could pass off to Chris but Chris doesn't have the most glowing rep.

I still can't get full confirmation that Pioli is gone, but Marty has solid sources so I trust him.

Who are they looking at to be the DC?

So Clark and Cowher will determine the GM? Wonder who they will go after?

Tribal Warfare
12-17-2012, 02:32 PM
He said it online in a blog look at AP

LaConfora has zero credibility with anything that has to do with Chiefs

The Bad Guy
12-17-2012, 02:39 PM

That's if Cowher wants back in. He may not.

But he'd have full control here.

DC? No idea but it'd be a 3-4 guy.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 02:39 PM
It was said in Marty's post that Clark wanted the first overall for the next regime to do with as they please. Just have to hope the next regime believes that drafting and developing a franchise qb is priority one.

All the more reason to start flying "draft a QB" banners immediately.

O.city
12-17-2012, 02:42 PM
That's if Cowher wants back in. He may not.

But he'd have full control here.

DC? No idea but it'd be a 3-4 guy.

What do you guys think of giving him full control? Not sure I like that alot.

Does Clark not knowby now whether he wants back in or not? Marty said they had a meeting, I'd think he would know by now.

philfree
12-17-2012, 02:42 PM

Ron Revera if he gets fired?

O.city
12-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I really really wish Rex would get fired.

Cowher as HC
Wiz as OC
Rex as DC

???

Dayze
12-17-2012, 02:45 PM
hire whoever has the most AR-15s.

MotherfuckerJones
12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Polian in a New York minute because he's got an actual résumé pioli on the other hand was a fraud and proved to not have much to do with new england

Manila-Chief

Good stuff.

THIS!!!! Fully agree that it is "Good stuff."

It explains a lot of things. I think Clark was going to fire them, but the tragedy threw a monkey wrench into the plans. It is a great thing for Clark to take his time and handle the situation as a professional.

I, also, agree if this stuff is correct, Clark is a great owner.

Thanks Marty for the info. I'm still uneasy, but this info makes the hope a lot brighter!!! Logically, don't see how any of them can keep their jobs, but the Chiefs have done illogical things before.

The Bad Guy
Ron Revera if he gets fired?

Word is he won't.

The Bad Guy
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
What do you guys think of giving him full control? Not sure I like that alot.

Does Clark not knowby now whether he wants back in or not? Marty said they had a meeting, I'd think he would know by now.

To be honest, I don't care what power he has. He'll have someone in the FO to challenge opinions.

MotherfuckerJones
12-17-2012, 02:52 PM
My bad Jason laconfora said it on CBS radio that he believes polian will be the new GM if/when pioli is fired

Dayze
12-17-2012, 02:53 PM
sell Sean Peyton that Dallas aint' nothing but a bunch of losers...just like us.
Our uniforms are better. Our owners wife is hotter.

back up the truck for Peyton. won't happen, but it's nice to dream.

Polian as GM
Peyton as HC
Foot Licker at DC

Easy 6
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
And !KABOOM! goes the Marty Mac post, our looong nightmare is over...

PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ

O.city
12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
To be honest, I don't care what power he has. He'll have someone in the FO to challenge opinions.

Yeah, i'm really not interested in another dictatorship full of yes men.

soopamanluva
12-17-2012, 02:58 PM
If pioli is gone, why not just let him go now?

KC Tattoo
12-17-2012, 03:03 PM

I guarantee no I guarandamntee that Geno Smith stock will rise after the combine. His value at QB is too great + that is what sells tickets.

Manila-Chief
12-17-2012, 03:04 PM

I have a major concern with his age (I'm probably older than he is) ... but, IIRC he has built SB teams in Buffalo & Indy & in the Canadian Football League, where he assembled Grey Cup winning teams with the Montreal Alouettes and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

I kinda like the guy at SF.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-17-2012, 03:05 PM
I think it's important that we get a HC and people around him that are known for coaching QBs. And we better draft a QB #1 overall.

htismaqe
12-17-2012, 03:16 PM
If pioli is gone, why not just let him go now?

Did you read Marty's post?

It makes no sense to fire him now when there's only 2 weeks left. Seriously, BE PATIENT.

dirk digler
12-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the good info Marty and TBG. I am just really skeptical and I really don't trust Clark all that much.

And if his first choice is Cowher than he is just making the same mistake again unfortunately for us.

Guru
12-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Did you read Marty's post?

It makes no sense to fire him now when there's only 2 weeks left. Seriously, BE PATIENT.

He can announce that Pioli will be stepping down at the end of the season though. Like he did with Carl. It would create quite a buzz in Chiefs nation for the final home game.