PDA

View Full Version : ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/399197_10152332575400234_175949865_n.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organization:

pr_capone: Paypal / FB / Media Contact
Marty: FB / Twitter / Media Contact
GoChiefs: (Cassel's Reckoning) - FB / Research / Youtube

This team is just plain awful. The only consistently good play on offense comes from Bowe and Charles. Daboll is, I'm sure a great person, but an awful offensive coordinator. While I understand that trying to lead this team is "like trying to drive a car with 4 flat tires"... it is incomprehensible to me how he can misuse the little talent that he does have. Romeo was the right man for the job regarding Belcher. He is still not the guy to coach this team into playoff contention and a Super Bowl.

*****. I hope the rumors of the Titans being interested are true. I hope you did get your walking papers on your recent trip to Dallas. I cannot wait for you to be gone from Kansas City. You took an ailing team and smothered it Cassel, ineffective FA, and bad picks in the draft. Statistically... you are the worst thing to ever happen to Kansas City Chiefs football. I will be thrilled when your termination is announced.

There is still an unresolved issue with the donation from sports nutz and both parties are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Because I cannot afford to pay for a 2 hour flight by myself... we are only planning on flying a single banner. Effectively, we only have $960ish in the bank until the matter is resolved.

If the funds come available in time for the banner to fly, we will fly a second banner as well.

Donations - Financials

Expenditures:
10/7 Banner - $625.00
10/28 Banners - $1,250.00
11/16 Flyers - $375.55
11/16 Banner - $900.00
11/18 Banner - $575.00
11/25 Banner - $625.00
-------------------------
Total: $4,350.55

Current Paypal Balance: $1,984.05
Total Donations Received: $6,334.60

Donors:
pr_capone - $100
HemiEd - $25
Wumbology - $25
GoShox - $10
loochy - $25
gochiefs_va - $25
BossChief - $50
Dayze - $25
alnorth - $25
Old Dog - $25
Raiderhader - $25
Steron - $20
Pestilence - $25
Boise_Chief - $25
acasas4 - $20
A Salt Weapon - $40
Reerun_KC - $25
ChiTown - $50
hometeam - $10
Monty - $25
teedubya - $50
Rexx- $20
BRC - $100
Chief_For_Life58 - $20
Straight, No Chaser - $10
mlyonsd - $25
Raiderhater58 - $20
kcgizmo - $25
ghak99 - $20
Kyle DeLexus - $10
Swanman - $50
SomeRandomGirl - $15
scott free - $25
TJR1486 - $20
Frazod - $20
dmahurin - $10
Bwana - $25
bay_wolf (mod at reddit.com/r/kansascitychiefs) - $5
dtebbe - $50
Touchdown Kansas City !!! - $50
Deberg_1990 - $10
Fire Me Boy! - $20
bevischief - $25
SuperChief - $10
Chiefpote - $20
WV - $20
ptlyon - $25
Sean the Mayor - $25
jackkked - $25
Rockymntchief - $25
doomy3 - $50
ibleedredandyellow.com - $10
1adam1238 - $20
DaFace "Lord Captain Fuzzypants" - $25
COchief - $20.01
the Talking Can - $20
KCFalcon59 - $25
AZORChiefFan - $15
spanky52 - $25
ottawa_chiefs_fan - $20
RockChalk - $40
RaiderHater314 - $25
Marcellus - $25
Molitoth - $25
noa - $30
KCinNY - $20
chief103182 - $50
Inmem58 - $20
redhotgto - $20
Wyatt Earp - $20
headsnap - $25
NJChiefsFan - $10
Big Chief Homer - $10
JoeyChuckles - $22
PStokely - $1
farmerchief - $25
Josh & Katie in Salina (twitter) - $20
DMAC - $10
gblowfish - $10
Iowanian - $17.76
kaplin42 - $20.00
mugalug - $17.76
Scorp - $30
KCtotheSB - $20
Glorydayz - $20
prhom - $20
Nightfyre - $125
Bump - $4.20
kysirsoze - $25
CosmicPal - $20
Groves - $11
EdmontonChiefsFan - $100
Smed1065 - $20.12
petegz28 - $25
notorious - $20
'Nut - $25
K.C. Adrenalin - $25
Jason Whitlock - $600
Johnny Vegas - $15.34
d3c0y55 - $20.00
DenverDanChiefsFan - $10
ComfortablyNumb - $50
LadyChiefFan - $20
edenx25 - $4.55
luv - $10
Shag - $19.93
J. Albrecht - $10.00
DaKCMan AP - $27.17
J.Accurso - $50.00
Bearcat - $100
P.Palaksha - $50
Buehler445 - $25
David W. - $10.58
chiefs=good - $15
BourbonMan - $25
Hugh Janus - $1,000
Wazu - $25
D.Pihl - $25
ILChief - $20
ckruger - 25
rkane - $35
Brokenhearted Bruce - $250
cantill - $20
aanorth - $50
chief103182 - $50
KC Dan - $50
Bugeater - $25
speak24.1 - $50

Anonymous X6 (mult contributors either from outside CP or specifically req the anon tag or possibly pledges that I have missed.) - $135.00PAID

Please get in contact with me if you believe you should be on this list but aren't.

Archived Opening Posts

First Post - The Banner Is In The Air

I got in contact with a guy at an airline banner towing co.

Talked to the guy there and he is a Chiefs fan as well. He said that the cost to fly the banner at the game for an hour is normally $725 but he would drop it down to $625 because he is also a fan and believes in what we are doing.

The flight would run for an hour but all banner towing is stopped around the stadium at 11AM. He would run from 10-11 and fly around the stadium before kick off.

If you all are serious about doing something like this... then lets ****ing do it. I will chip in the first $100 to the cause meaning we need to raise another $525. If there is an outpouring of donations to the cause, we can perhaps fly the banner after the game as well.

We would need to have the money paid to him by Wed. in order to get this done.

I was thinking the message should be...

WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE ***** - BENCH Casse

A bunch of people have stated they would chip in for such a thing. If you are interested, send me a PM and post in this thread with your pledge. If we get the funds together to get this done, I will send you a PM to paypal the money and I will make the purchase.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The result of all this work:

Here is the NBC interview I did and pics of the banner being put together.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IvwoiKuzpBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i.imgur.com/MR4jw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xaMnJ.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/20121007_231456.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Euh4ufbOX5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those donating... once we hit the magic number, I'll send you a PM with paypal details. Also, any donations above the magic number will go towards future flights over Arrowhead. Cost of additional flights would be $560.

THANKS!

The Banner Is In The Air - 10/17

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/527525_4722437424188_310179375_n.jpg

CP POSTERS - READ THIS:
I am happy to heed your suggestions BUT. I flat refuse to put out any message that is not in the spirit of what we are trying to accomplish. A lot of the suggestions that we have here are ridiculously over the top and are not helpful in the least. If anything, they are counter productive. Remember that there are a lot of eyes on us right now watching what we are doing and what we are saying. It is all well and good to let CP be what it is but there is a time and a place for that... and that is every thread but this one.

We need to be taken seriously and acting like immature asshats isn't going to do a damn thing to help us accomplish that.
+
*** PAYPAL INFO ***

saveourchiefs@cox.net

Make sure that when you donate, you set it to personal > gift.

------------------------------------------------------------

Phase 2 -

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 is doing fb and twitter SOC

Wendler is running youtube SOC and, of course, .gif master supreme.

The staff of chiefsplanet.com and some others are serving as general advisors.

We thought about flying a banner over Tampa but in the end, feel like it wouldn't do enough good. We are definitely going to fly another banner over Arrowhead but it will be on 10/28 against the Raiders. There are are few suggestions being tossed around. We have some time and I'll be making a poll to get ideas from CP. In the mean time, I wanted to give you an idea of what we have done so far donations and spending wise.

The cost of the banner was obvious... we all knew that was going to happen. We are also, unless anyone has any strong feelings against it, are going to spend $50 on ads on FB to drive attention to saveourchiefs.com.\

We have plenty of time to come up with the slogan for the next banner. There is one thing that must absolutely be on the banner and that is the saveourchiefs.com address that AustinChief provided us with. I am looking for suggestions, I know there are already 50k spread through this thread but I cannot go digging around for then. The only banner suggestions that will be considered are ones that end in saveourchiefs.com. The banner cannot exceed 42 characters, spaces not included.

EXAMPLES:
PAY BOWE - DRAFT GENO - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I have asked a small group of people to help sort through banner ideas since there will be eleventybillion ideas thown out. We are going to narrow it down to our top X favorite ideas, then let CP vote on it.

To anyone reading this from outside of this board:

To Matt - I'm sorry man. I sincerely hope you are ok. I hated that a few people cheered when you were hurt. I believe that Winston vastly overstated the number of people involved but that doesn't change the fact that you DO work your ass off for this team and you did not deserve your injury nor for for anyone to take pleasure in brain trauma. That said, yesterday was more of the same. High throws leading to pics. Low throws forcing the receiver to go down for the ball when he had some open grass in front of him. When you were throwing and not handing the ball off anyhow. Even with all the hand offs you had a fumble to your name. Not to mention the 2 picks. One your fault, the other not so much.

To ***** - We said we wanted a QB change. What we got was a 10 man offense. We need someone to explain why the team is in the condition that it is in and make a commitment to the fan base. We NEED you to acknowledge that Cassel isn't going to lead this team to any championships that matter.

We know that Cassel was a "pro-bowler" in 2010. It was only because there were 2 injuries meaning that he wasn't even the first runner up. He was Ms. Congeniality. We know his TD to INT ratio that came on the back of the one of the weakest schedules we have ever seen.

That is in the past and he has not been able to replicate those results. He has done nothing these first 5 games to prove that anything is going to be different this season. In fact, he has regressed. You have to see this too.

The stands are empty. Craigslist is littered with ads for people selling their tickets at below face value. Think about this. People would rather lose money than come to the stadium, pay for parking, and $8.50 bottles of beer in the stadium. People have lost faith in this team. What do you intend to do about that? Say something real.

Hunt - We want to hear from you. We take no joy in bringing national attention to our plight. We feel disconnected and adrift. We have a GM that won't say anything, a HC punts on the opponent's 40 with 12 seconds left on 4th down in one game and played for a tie with 40 seconds left + a time out in another, lastly a QB that is being panned by the fans (not just us here at CP) as well as the media.

Another poster wrote something that makes a lot of sense.

Clark Hunt, for all his purported business acumen, needs a lesson on investment. It is obvious from the laissez-faire nature of the ownership and the infrequent trips to the stadium that Clark Hunt does not live and die with this team the way many other sports owners, both good and bad, have and do. Although it is understandable for some figures to have a more reserved public presence than others, the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs now perceive a disconnect, whether real or imagined (and I believe it to be real) more than at any point in my lifetime.

The most important things you can give are, in order, love, time, and money. Fans are the only ones who give the NFL all three. Imagine a season ticket holder. Assuming they attend only the regular season home games, they make the minimum investment: eight Sundays per year, at least seven hours each Sunday, and no less than 50 dollars a person. In all honesty, it often extends far over $100 per week, but we’ll be generous. That doesn’t take into account the other eight Sundays or the time spent following the team between games and between seasons. Furthermore, fans do not attend football games as an idle exercise. They care. They rejoice. And more often than not over the last forty years in Kansas City, they hurt.

In the end it comes down to a question. Are you a FAN of the Kansas City Chiefs? We want to know. If you are not... then you need to see this as a business decision. Come visit and see how empty the stadium is.

Clark... talk to us. Let us know you care.

email us at saveourchiefs@cox.net

To everyone else -

Quinn - Hope you get the start against Tampa. Loved what you did in relief duty. We wish you the best of luck.

The D was outstanding. I loved the Hali to Houston Alley-oop celebration. DJ acknowledged that you gave up the 1st down at the end of the game that let the Ravens kneel to win the game. Hands down the most life I have seen in the D this season. You were great and you acted like it. I'm sorry the offensive play calling did not complement your work.

ST - you lit it up. Love it.

JC. We love you man. I hope they don't break you by calling your name too many times.

Bowe. They need to pay you. If anything, just for all the changes you have had to deal with since you were brought in.

O-Line/TE blocking was outstanding. Lilja, thanks for stepping into the C role and doing really well. I heard you say that you shorted the ball... I've watched it and I don't think so. But I get it. Protecting your QB.

Daboll - The play calling. WTF? We said we wanted a QB...not for you to hand off every single play. Great work adjusting to Baltimore zoning in on the run in the second half.

-------------------------------------------------------------

We, the donators and supporters of this banner, have been accused of being fair weather fans. Far from it. We are passionate fans who live and die with this team on Sunday. If we were fair weather fans, we would have found something else to do a long time ago. Instead, we have gone hoarse by the second quarter and not been able to speak right the next day. We have painted our faces and worn costumes, even formed charitable organizations, and the Superfans. We have made life long friends and are as dedicated a Chiefs fan as anyone else. We haven't given up the team. We are tired of losing. We are tired of not being competitive. Hell, people are leaving games by halftime. Arrowhead is a shell of what it used to be.

We who have been loyal for so long deserve better than what we have received. 19 years and no playoff wins. I don't want to hear about AFCW titles either. They mean nothing when they are immediately followed by a beating by the Ravens where we lose 30-7. A game where our QB throws for 70 yards and 3 interceptions. We have had 1 appearance in the AFC championship game since 1970 (1993)... and we lost. In 1984, the AFC Champ trophy was named "The Lamar Hunt Trophy". How sad it it that we have never once held the trophy that bears our founders name?

Do you remember going to games in the late 90's and early 00's? Remember feeling the rumble of the crowd in your chest? High fiving and hugging complete strangers? Being unable to talk to the person next to you on defensive 3rd downs? I hope that one day soon we get back to that. I would love to hear the fans cheer from start to finish again. I want 120 decibels of madness because there is not a single person that believes we can possibly lose the game. Every game is a game that you KNOW we are going to win. This culture of loosing needs to change.

10/17 - 11/9

http://i.imgur.com/wCXMN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ToFzX.jpg

*** PAYPAL INFO ***

saveourchiefs@cox.net

don't forget to follow us on Twitter - @saveourchiefs
and on facebook - Save Our Chiefs (also www.saveourchiefs.com)

We need your help to get the word out though. Tell your friends and family, share it on your twitter of FB feed. Get the word out that the fans are organizing!

Organization:

pr_capone: Donations - Paypal / Physical Media / Media Contact
GoChiefs: (Cassel's Reckoning) - Youtube / Research / Film

BANNERS

Weather permitting, we will be flying two planes over Arrowhead on 10/28 when the Chiefs play the Raiders.

The first banner will fly a message suggested by DRU:
"RETURN HOPE - FIRE ***** - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM"

The other banner will fly a message to promote the blackout:
"BLACKOUT ARROWHEAD 11/18 - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM"

-------------------------------------------------------------
FLYER

So, we are asking that fans attending the game begin to print out a .pdf file. It is intended to be double sided but do as you wish. These can and should be used for the remainder of the season or until ***** is fired.

The file can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8plc6cr6hwjsefp/ZNNTzaLl_2/Fire%20*****.pdf

If you are willing, we ask that you print out a few extra copies and take them with you to the game. If you see anyone out in the parking lot that is enjoying the banners or echoing our sentiments, give them one of the extra print outs so they can join in the movement. Please be careful if you approach others sharing what we are attempting to accomplish. If you have ever tailgated at Arrowhead, you know that there is no lacking for beer or spirits and not everyone will be in full control of themselves.

11/9 - Blackout

http://i.imgur.com/PFvDP.jpg

Marty on 610AM on 11/9
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lzVGPvEnHjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

*** PAYPAL INFO ***

saveourchiefs@cox.net

Organization:

pr_capone: Donations - Paypal / Physical Media / Media Contact

We will be flying a banner on 11/16 "Black Friday" before the Blackout game all around KC. The pilot will fly the already made "RESTORE HOPE - FIRE ***** - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM" banner over KC highways and densely populated residential areas during rush hour traffic. The thought behind this is that our banner will become water cooler talk at work and drive traffic to saveourchiefs.com right before the game for max exposure.

They will fly for 2 hours and will cost $900. We will also request that they buzz 610 & 810 to try and get some radio play as well.

The new Fire ***** flyer/sign:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7yebuuqvphwjft/Fire%20*****.pdf

Blackout - Raiders

Personal photo taken with 2:51 left on the clock in the 1st quarter

http://i.imgur.com/PHOwKh.jpg

There is a lot of black there. You all deserve a pat on the back. Your donations and support of this banner thing lead to this. CP is awesome.

*** PAYPAL INFO ***

saveourchiefs@cox.net

Organization:

pr_capone: Paypal / FB / Media Contact

The Blackout... Continues.

I never thought, not for a moment that I would see so much black at Arrowhead. I am sincerely touched. I knew that people would turn out to the blackout, the question was always how many. The number exceeded my expectations by a long shot. It was a beautiful sight and there was an overwhelming response from people that we spoke with at the stadium as well as online. So much so that it is going to continue through the end of the season.

Link to the FIRE ***** flyer w/updated stats:
http://goo.gl/2dsbM

People outside are talking about you. Some have taken note that CP isn't always kind. Guilty. This is a forum that openly mocked a guy that got a really elaborate Chiefs tattoo on his chest. His one and only thread ever. So epic that is now resides in our Hall of Classics... yet he still posts here and talks football. Almost everyone here has taken some form of abuse for their stance at some point or another. People disagree with varied amounts of passion. There is a certain comfort level here and it is up to the new user to adjust to it... not the other way around.

Oh well.

Speaking of the forum... Mr. Dave Lane showed up to hand out flyers. He drove all the way to the game, didn't attend the game, was a flyer handing out machine and almost got arrested for his troubles. That is a true fan there. Show that man some green rep please.

A quick update on financials... had a few donations come in which has left us with a paypal balance of $1271.63 meaning we can fly the next two games for sure. From there we have some more time to gather funds before the Colts game. For more details go to the Donations section. Sports Nutz is still totaling their numbers. I hope to update this shortly.

Sofa King
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Do it.

NewChief
10-01-2012, 01:51 PM
You'll likely have to purchase the banner as well? Not sure what the cost on that will be.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 01:52 PM
You'll likely have to purchase the banner as well? Not sure what the cost on that will be.

That $625 cost is including the banner.

NewChief
10-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I can also tell you that when they did this with Houston Nutt in Arkansas, it got somewhat nasty. People were investigating trying to figure out who was behind the banner, then trying to go after that guy on a personal level.

NewChief
10-01-2012, 01:53 PM
That $625 cost is including the banner.

Nice.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I can also tell you that when they did this with Houston Nutt in Arkansas, it got somewhat nasty. People were investigating trying to figure out who was behind the banner, then trying to go after that guy on a personal level.

Not worried.

RedDread
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM

Yeah but Arkansas is a backwater shithole. Here you just get put on the news...

ptlyon
10-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Gods work ROFL

gblowfish
10-01-2012, 01:57 PM

You think Scott would take that personally, and go after somebody with, oh, say his private security team of CIA-like ninja agents?

Really?

Jeez, I guess he might!

ptlyon

It looked like any other Baird student. Sir.

pr_capone
Nice.

He also said that if we want to fly the banner at mult games, it would be cheaper since the banner would already be made.

Inmem58
10-01-2012, 01:58 PM
In

HemiEd
I am in for $25, but I would like to make a suggestion.

Instead of we deserve better, how about "the process is broke."

NJChiefsFan
You think Scott would take that personally, and go after somebody with, oh, say his private security team of CIA-like ninja agents?

Really?

Jeez, I guess he might!

Those are the guys making sure Crennel keeps Cassel in the game.

BryanBusby
Wow that's pretty cheap actually.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 01:59 PM
In

If you are in... post how much you are in for so we can keep an above the board tally.

siberian khatru
10-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Those are the guys making sure Crennel keeps Cassel in the game.

:LOL:

"Excuse me, Mr. Quinn, will you please remove your helmet?"

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-01-2012, 02:01 PM
LMAO

Damn I can't wait to see this.

ChiTown
10-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Can we get a ChiefsPlanet Emblem on the sign, or at least a:

Damnit, Carl! :cuss:

Fat Elvis
10-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I actually wouldn't want Cassel benched; he is our only hope for Geno Smith. Keep him in each and every game.

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Can we get a ChiefsPlanet Emblem on the sign, or at least a:

Damnit, Carl! :cuss:

Hey jesus have some respect, we're doing gods work here.

I'm tapped right now with House Search 2k12 (hopefully buying), but people should kick in for sure. As for the banner, FIRE PIOLI should just be it so it's easier to see and get the point across. Besides, firing Pioli gets rid of Afcasselstan by default.

Wumbology
10-01-2012, 02:04 PM
I've got $25 on it as well

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
I've got $25 on it as well

excellent first post sir :D

GoShox
10-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I'll donate $10. Not very much but hope it helps.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I actually wouldn't want Cassel benched; he is our only hope for Geno Smith. Keep him in each and every game.

Please... Quinn isn't going to fair any better. Benching Kasl would at least show that the FO and coaching staff still give a shit.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I'll donate $10. Not very much but hope it helps.

Definitely helps.

Raiderhader
10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I am in for $25, but I would like to make a suggestion.

Instead of we deserve better, how about "the process is broke."

I think "we deserve better" says it best myself. Just me.

Things are really tight for me right now but, my sports teams are my escape from everything else in life. Not much of an escape any more (thank God for EMAW). Let me look at it and I'll see if it is at all feasible to chip in on this.

loochy
10-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm in for 25

Dayze
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
put me down for $25. PM on it's way.

gopack_vag
10-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm in for 25.

The message needs to be simple though. It needs to be obvious, like fire pioli bench cassel.

If you try to fill the message with plan isn't working or some shit, they still won't get it. Make it simple and clear

CoMoChief
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Not worried.

LMAO Not even with Pioli's CIA crew roaming around the stadium?

BossChief
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I'll pitch in 50. Can we please have it read:

BENCH CASSEL TODAY, FIRE PIOLI TOMMOROW.

acesn8s
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Please... Quinn isn't going to fair any better. Benching Kasl would at least show that the FO and coaching staff still give a shit.But they don't

Dayze
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
or just "Fire Pioli"
or "43yrs. No Championship"

acesn8s
10-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I'll pitch in 50. Can we please have it read:

BENCH CASSEL TODAY, FIRE PIOLI TOMMOROW.Tomorrow? :eek:

HemiEd
10-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I think "we deserve better" says it best myself. Just me.

Things are really tight for me right now but, my sports teams are my escape from everything else in life. Not much of an escape any more (thank God for EMAW). Let me look at it and I'll see if it is at all feasible to chip in on this.

Thats cool, it was just a thought. Like Goatcheese said yesterday, cut the head off and the rest will die.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
"Absentee Ownership"
"43 yrs of Fail"

-King-
10-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Get to the point: We Need a 1st round QB!

Raiderhader
10-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Thats cool, it was just a thought. Like Goatcheese said yesterday, cut the head off and the rest will die.

And not a bad thought. I just think this is not a case where being "cute" is the best route. "We deserve better" sends a pretty clear message about the pulse of the fan base. IMHO.

alnorth
10-01-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm in for 25. Your message looks fine, I also like what BossChief came up with.

KCUnited
10-01-2012, 02:22 PM
You should tip off radio media the day of along with social media to maximize exposure.

pr_capone
For those donating... once we hit the magic number, I'll send you a PM with paypal details. THANKS!

pr_capone
You should tip off radio media the day of along with social media to maximize exposure.

Will definitely do.

alnorth
"Absentee Ownership"
"43 yrs of Fail"

I don't agree with attacking the owner, at all. We can do nothing about who owns the team.

At best, it does nothing. At worst he decides the fans are idiots who can't ever be listened to and it backfires.

Papi
10-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Are we sure Pioli isn't capable of getting one of these on the ground?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/Ozelot.jpg/330px-Ozelot.jpg

If it's for this Sunday vs the Ravens, I'm in for $20. I like immediate gratification.

Dayze
where's Dane when you need him. $625 is pocket change.
more that than amount was left in his pockets when he sent his knickers to the cleaners last week.

HemiEd
And not a bad thought. I just think this is not a case where being "cute" is the best route. "We deserve better" sends a pretty clear message about the pulse of the fan base. IMHO.

Excellent point.

Maybe we could make this a regular thing until it gets done?

Who knows, the Dallas news might run a segment on it.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't agree with attacking the owner, at all. We can do nothing about who owns the team.

At best, it does nothing. At worst he decides the fans are idiots who can't ever be listened to and it backfires.

good point.

the Talking Can
what's the letter limit?

something direct like "FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL - DRAFT A QB"

i'll put in $20 regardless

L.A. Chieffan
It should read:

CONGRATS MATT ON BEING ALL TIME FRANCHISE LEADER IN YARDS THRU 4 GAMES!!!1!1

Dont forget the 1's

Dayze
"put me down for $.99" / Clark

Dayze
10-01-2012, 02:25 PM
just fly a banner: 'Pioli - Herp Derp"

alnorth
What kind of a discount would we get for flying the same banner for a future game?

Old Dog
I support
WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL

put me down for $25
should I post this over at the Coalition to see if some over there would want in on it as well?

DJ's left nut
10-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Save our Chiefs: Fire Pioli and Cassel.

Dayze
10-01-2012, 02:27 PM
I like that ^

the Talking Can
or how about "FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL - AND FIRE PIOLI"

pr_capone
What kind of a discount would we get for flying the same banner for a future game?

I'll double check but it should just be the cost of the flight since he already has the banner.

pr_capone
I support

put me down for $25
should I post this over at the Coalition to see if some over there would want in on it as well?

sure thing!

Wumbology
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Original quote "We deserve better. Fire Pioli - Bench Cassel" is the best. Hell just putting "We deserve better" would get the point across.

Raiderhader
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
F#ck it. Put me down for $25.

Steron
10-01-2012, 02:30 PM
I support

put me down for $25

I kinda like that one. But whatever is OK with me. Put me down for $20.00. Will we be able to get pictures of the banner in action over the stadium?

L.A. Chieffan
10-01-2012, 02:30 PM
CLARK: GET A CLUE!

That'll be $1,000 please

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I kinda like that one. But whatever is OK with me. Put me down for $20.00. Will we be able to get pictures of the banner in action over the stadium?

I'm sure of it. All sorts of people will be taking pics I'm sure.

Steron
10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm sure of it. All sorts of people will be taking pics I'm sure.

I hope they get posted here, I live in VA and won't be able to see the banner in action firsthand. Even if I don't get to see it, it's worth it to me.

Dicky McElephant
Put me down for $25.

HemiEd
CLARK: GET A CLUE!

That'll be $1,000 please

Boise_Chief
10-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm in put me down for $25. Keep the original message and someone email me a picture. It'll go well with my chiefs Stuff. This is the only Chiefs money coming out of my household this year.

Dicky McElephant
Oh....and anyway I can add BlackBob is a retard in small lettering? I'll pay extra. :D

acasas4
Count me in for $20. And I like WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL. Either that or DAMMIT CARL!!!:cuss:

Raiderhader
10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm in put me down for $25. Keep the original message and someone email me a picture. It'll go well with my chiefs Stuff. This is the only Chiefs money coming out of my household this year.

Like wise.

Old Dog
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
posted at the coalition with this message

Want To Help Get A Message Across?

I know both boards have been at odds over things in the past, but I think that the vast majority on both agree that it's time to let it be known that we're not pleased with the current situation.
One of the guys on Chiefsplanet posted the fololowing message and I thought I would bring it over here to see if anyone is interested in donating to the cause as well. There will be no mention on the banner of planet, coalition or other group.....this is for all of us.

and then posted your entire message (excluding current donations and names) and that we're currently about 200 short, but it's only been in action about a half hour

alnorth
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
So..... if we end up raising the money in only an hour, do we start the "fly the banner again against the Raiders" fundraising drive?

Old Dog
10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
So..... if we end up raising the money in only an hour, do we start the "fly the banner again against the Raiders" fundraising drive?

IMHO .........ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY (unless of course they're benched/fired prior to that)

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
The cost of additional flights would be $560. OP has been updated.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM

Yup though it would all still be handled through this one thread.

pimpchief
10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
This is fucking awesome, you are a god above men, pr. If I had a paypal account I'd be in, however I wouldn't have any way to get the money to you and it'd only be twenty bucks or so anyways.

But fucking awesome to all you guys that are making this possible. I love this website.

Dartgod
10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
HEY CLARK! WE PULLED A TRAIN ON YOUR WIFE LAST NIGHT! LOVE, SCOTT AND MATT.

Might get quicker results?

the Talking Can
10-01-2012, 02:52 PM
"Pioli - Cassel - Throat Gaggers"

Dicky McElephant
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
This is fucking awesome, you are a god above men, pr. If I had a paypal account I'd be in, however I wouldn't have any way to get the money to you and it'd only be twenty bucks or so anyways.

But fucking awesome to all you guys that are making this possible. I love this website.

How'd that #1 offense work for you on Sunday?

A Salt Weapon
10-01-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm in for $40, one catch though I don't have paypal but I'll send a money order for it.
The message is great.
I like the "we deserve better" part
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhader
10-01-2012, 02:55 PM
HEY CLARK! WE PULLED A TRAIN ON YOUR WIFE LAST NIGHT! LOVE, SCOTT AND MATT.

Might get quicker results?

LMAO

ChiTown
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm in for $50, but I'd really like to see some sort of ChiefsPlanet recognition on the sign, if possible.

loochy
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Dude it looks like this is actually going to happen.

Nickel D
10-01-2012, 02:57 PM
To get rid of the evidence as well as ensure Pioli gets the message, I highly recommend the banner be ditched under a stairwell at Arrowhead along with dozens of candy bar wrappers.

KCUnited
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Brush up on your tv/radio interview skills, they'll come a callin'.

lcarus
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
This is a wonderful idea. If I wasn't shit broke I'd definitely throw down some money. I hope this happens.

pimpchief
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
How'd that #1 offense work for you on Sunday?

San Diego is alot better than I thought they'd be. And did you see that Cassel is now the franchise leader in yards thigh four games?

mr. tegu
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
You know, I think the best thing about this is that it shows how much Chiefs fans care about the team, more so than most any other fanbase out there. You don't see or hear about this kind of thing in Jacksonville, Cleveland, or Buffalo. It is in our blood to be Chiefs fans and we just have to be so when we have to deal with such obvious flaws for this long, we want improvement. Other cities fanbases just stop going but that is not what we want. We WANT and NEED to go to games and cheer for the team.

Just like when Cano got booed relentlessly, us Royals fans showed we were passionate about the team and Butler getting snubbed after Cano's lie.

Dicky McElephant
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM
You should totally add a link to your GM Craigslist ad.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm in for $50, but I'd really like to see some sort of ChiefsPlanet recognition on the sign, if possible.

Not really... they are doing block lettering and chiefsplanet.com adds quite a bit of length + cost.

When I get in contact with media, I will make sure to point them to the site where this started.

PS... WE HAVE ENOUGH TO DO THIS. I'll get on the ball with the airline people and let them know this is a go. Don't stop donating though... we can run the same banner mult times or if they do finally bench Kasl, we can then put funds towards a billboard.

ChiTown
10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Not really... they are doing block lettering and chiefsplanet.com adds quite a bit of length + cost.

When I get in contact with media, I will make sure to point them to the site where this started.

PS... WE HAVE ENOUGH TO DO THIS. I'll get on the ball with the airline people and let them know this is a go. Don't stop donating though... we can run the same banner mult times or if they do finally bench Kasl, we can then put funds towards a billboard.

Fair nough. I want my $50 back...........

o:-)

hometeam
10-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I got 10 bucks on it. That's what is sitting in my paypal atm.

Monty
10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm in for this week and willing to put in more later. :thumb:

ChiTown
10-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I'll commit to do $50 for every remaining home game, as long as we can keep this thing going.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I'll commit to do $50 for every remaining home game, as long as we can keep this thing going.

you rock!

bevischief
You should totally add a link to your GM Craigslist ad.

LMAO

lcarus
Jesus this is gonna rule

hometeam
10-01-2012, 03:11 PM
next step, billboard? :P

bevischief
10-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I just got back home from the Bash let me do some checking on money to see what I can donate.

Sofa King
10-01-2012, 03:12 PM
How much extra would it cost to have the guy crash that plane into Pioli's box?

Rexx
10-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Cassell may be benched before next weeks banner! Regardless of what happens, I'm game for $20 but not til week 2 of our protest. Well done doing this! About time we band together and try to force there hand a bit. Sick of there bs.

the Talking Can
10-01-2012, 03:13 PM

ChiTown
10-01-2012, 03:14 PM

LMAO

Certainly creates more of a statement than flying a banner every week.....

hometeam
10-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Ya know, I just have to say. This is a great fucking idea.

tooge
10-01-2012, 03:17 PM
waste of money. If you wanna blow $625, rent out a park, get a bunch of bbq, invite all of cp to come, and call the news to have them cover the "fans strike"

pimpchief
10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey, if you guys come up with some money for a cheap plane, I'll take one for the team as far as crashing into Pioli's box is concerned.

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 03:19 PM
The cost of additional flights would be $560. OP has been updated.
I can do the next round. Just paid daughters college tuition on Friday. I am strapped this time. But next flight I am in.

BossChief
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Don't forget to tweet/facebook this to local media so it doesn't go unnoticed and it can get some coverage on the news.

Fire Me Boy!
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Cassell may be benched before next weeks banner! Regardless of what happens, I'm game for $20 but not til week 2 of our protest. Well done doing this! About time we band together and try to force there hand a bit. Sick of there bs.

Please don't let this guy write the banner.

And I'll chip in $10 next week.

BossChief
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
I can do the next round. Just paid daughters college tuition on Friday. I am strapped this time. But next flight I am in.

Aren't you a pilot?

Fire Me Boy!
10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Don't forget to tweet/facebook this to local media so it doesn't go unnoticed and it can get some coverage on the news.

Send an email to Babb and Whitlock, too!

Old Dog

I was just going to ask if he had alerted any of the media outlets about this yet.

Dicky McElephant

This. Get Teedubya on this.

the Talking Can
10-01-2012, 03:24 PM
i wouldn't leak info too soon...i wouldn't put it past pioli to fuck with the business

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I was just going to ask if he had alerted any of the media outlets about this yet.

Not yet. I won't until the Friday night Sat morning.

KCUnited
10-01-2012, 03:25 PM
i wouldn't leak info too soon...i wouldn't put it past pioli to **** with the business

This. I would wait til the day of. Both radio stations in KC start their pre-game coverage hours and hours before kick off. That would be the time, imo.

SuperChief
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Count me in for $10. It's not much, but I'm in college, so fuck you.

Exoter175
10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I posted this on facebook and a number of other sites, might get a few more interested haha

ChiTown
10-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Not yet. I won't until the Friday night Sat morning.

I'd do it on Friday morning. That gives the media outlets plenty of time to start pimping this before the weekend starts. jmo.

Raiderhader
10-01-2012, 03:28 PM
i wouldn't leak info too soon...i wouldn't put it past pioli to **** with the business

You are assuming Pioli isn't monitoring the Planet either himself or having some lackey do it for him. If Babb is correct and he reads and listens to everything because he is all worried about his image, Scott likely already knows.

Old Dog
10-01-2012, 03:29 PM
just a message to myself, I'm up to post #94 repping all contributors....hitting teh rest tomorrow

A Salt Weapon
Would be awesome if we can get some good pictures of this, I'll frame one and put it on my KC/KU wall.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rexx
Please don't let this guy write the banner.

And I'll chip in $10 next week.

Thanks for the engrish lession chump. :dom: Still good for $25!

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Aren't you a pilot?

Yes sir. On a jet trip today. Was in eagle Co. Now.in Denver.

hometeam
10-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Would be awesome if we can get some good pictures of this, I'll frame one and put it on my KC/KU wall.
Posted via Mobile Device

There will be pics and vid, no way local media ignores it.

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Get a quality photographer level picture then sell them for $20 to fund future flights.

ChiefsHawk
10-01-2012, 03:35 PM
WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI!! CUT CASSEL!!

Bewbies
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Take down the link to the plane company in the OP...

BigRedChief
Put me down for $50.00

Dicky McElephant
Get a quality photographer level picture then sell them for $20 to fund future flights.

Can you fly Zach up there to take a picture?

Chief_For_Life58
10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Gods work hahaha I love chiefs fans...im definitely down for this....do u still need donations? I can chip in 20 of my weekend alcohol money to this instead...is this really gonna happen? cus IT ****ING NEEDS TO. We deserve better. Fire Pioli Cut Cassel!!!!!

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
You are assuming Pioli isn't monitoring the Planet either himself or having some lackey do it for him. If Babb is correct and he reads and listens to everything because he is all worried about his image, Scott likely already knows.cp is bigger and stronger than pioli. Once we have had enough. He can't stop us... our reach is.global.

Straight, No Chaser
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
count me in for 10$

you should do a poll for the banner text.

ChiefsHawk
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
i think it should say cut cassel...cuz if hes benched theres a chance he could play again

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Can you fly Zach up there to take a picture?
Where Zach live?
Actually no he is a Missouri fan. LOL.

Dicky McElephant
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Where Zach live?
Actually no he is a Missouri fan. LOL.

So let him take his pictures.....and then grab his camera and push him out.

BigRedChief
We need teeduya to market this and get the media to interview a spokesman. Write articles. That will make a huge difference. He'll, ESPN could pick it up at that point.

ILChief
Bench Cassel, Draft Geno

Raiderhader
cp is bigger and stronger than pioli. Once we have had enough. He can't stop us... our reach is.global.

I've seen and been apart of the Planet making its voice heard. You don't need to sell me on our capabilities.

alnorth
10-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Even if Cassel is benched after this weekend's game, I bet we could easily cover the extra $65 it would take to update the banner to focus only on Pioli.

edit: or for that matter, part of the message in the OP could be hacked off starting with the dash

Guru
10-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Hmmmm, what if they actually bench Cassel before Sunday if he sucks shit all week in practice?

KCDC
10-01-2012, 03:51 PM
It is an inspired idea, but I agree that a protest outside of One Arrrowhead (with a tip to the media) would be more effective. To be truely effective, the banner would need to be done during the game and picked up on TV.

If you are going to do a banner, I would delete the point about firing Pioli. That isn't going to happen this year. You turn Pioli against us as well. If you just call for the replacement of Cassel (and maybe RAC), then Pioli can get behind it more easily (as can Clark Hunt). Though Casshole has been seen as Pioli's golden boy, if there is a fan riot, he can use that as an excuse to agree with Hunt to select a QB in the first round next year.

Pioli's failings have been the 2009 draft, as seeing Cassel with ill-founded rose colored glasses. Otherwise, he has drafted fairly well and has done okay with recent free agent signings. His selection of RAC as head coach is understandable. I supported it at the time. Now it is clear that it was a mistake.

Again, Pioli does not get fired this year (regardless of what Babb and Mellinger chant). It is better to focus on getting rid of the most important failing of the organization -- Cassel. The second biggest failing, I hate to say, is Crennel. Focus on the most important and don't dilute the message by spreading the hate too broadly.

ForeverChiefs58
10-01-2012, 03:53 PM
How about a "Draft Geno!" banner?

Guru
10-01-2012, 03:54 PM
It's too bad that Clark and Scott will think one single guy fronted teh money for that rather than a bunch of fans

the Talking Can
10-01-2012, 03:54 PM
It is an inspired idea, but I agree that a protest outside of One Arrrowhead (with a tip to the media) would be more effective. To be truely effective, the banner would need to be done during the game and picked up on TV.

If you are going to do a banner, I would delete the point about firing Pioli. That isn't going to happen this year. You turn Pioli against us as well. If you just call for the replacement of Cassel (and maybe RAC), then Pioli can get behind it more easily (as can Clark Hunt). Though Casshole has been seen as Pioli's golden boy, if there is a fan riot, he can use that as an excuse to agree with Hunt to select a QB in the first round next year.

Pioli's failings have been the 2009 draft, as seeing Cassel with ill-founded rose colored glasses. Otherwise, he has drafted fairly well and has done okay with recent free agent signings. His selection of RAC as head coach is understandable. I supported it at the time. Now it is clear that it was a mistake.

Again, Pioli does not get fired this year (regardless of what Babb and Mellinger chant). It is better to focus on getting rid of the most important failing of the organization -- Cassel. The second biggest failing, I hate to say, is Crennel. Focus on the most important and don't dilute the message by spreading the hate too broadly.

nah...it's all about pioli who is a failure in every way...he is a failure of a GM

it will drive him batty, which is what makes it worth it

Fire Me Boy!
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM

I agree with this.

Chocolate Hog
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
We need teeduya to market this and get the media to interview a spokesman. Write articles. That will make a huge difference. He'll, ESPN could pick it up at that point.

Yup a press release needs to be sent out.

alnorth
10-01-2012, 03:56 PM

There is very, very little in this post that I agree with.

Protest party, either in a park (as someone else suggested) or in the parking lot, wont get covered. Media wont be interested in a bunch of yelling drunken yahoos. A plane banner is more sexy, and far more likely to get written about.

Cassel will be gone soon even if we don't do a damned thing. Maybe the banner gets him out sooner, but its a lost season and we don't have a back-up worth a damn, so the only real goal here is to have someone else, other than Pioli, pick our next QB, and that message has to be made now and loud enough for Clark to see it.

Fire Me Boy!
10-01-2012, 03:58 PM
nah...it's all about pioli who is a failure in every way...he is a failure of a GM

it will drive him batty, which is what makes it worth it

Are we trying to effect change or simply get some well deserved catharsis?

ping2000
10-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I remember the banner flying around Arrowhead saying "Fire Steadman". Didn't work back then.

the Talking Can
10-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Are we trying to effect change or simply get some well deserved catharsis?

i have no illusion that flying a banner is going to 'effect change'...

it's the cheapest, legal way to tell pioli to fuck off

Bearcat
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
If the local media pick it up and run with it, it'll be interesting to see if they help spread the word on other activities. Fly a banner next week, plan a walkout for the Raiders game, brown bag day, etc... :hmmm:

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Banner during the game is a security and safety risk. Also no pilot would violate a no fly zone. Federal offense.

Chocolate Hog
10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Banner during the game is a security and safety risk. Also no pilot would violate a no fly zone. Federal offense.

I thought you could up until an hour before the game?

Sofa King
10-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Hey, if you guys come up with some money for a cheap plane, I'll take one for the team as far as crashing into Pioli's box is concerned.

You're hired.

Who gives a shit about Pioli's feelings. He should be hurt by this banner. That's the point. He hasn't given a shit about our feelings. If he did, he'd do what it takes to get us the players to win.

BigRedChief
10-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I remember the banner flying around Arrowhead saying "Fire Steadman". Didn't work back then.

Different era. Media makes the story. Have to get phobia to be a spokesman. Put out a press release. Be available for interviews. Publicity makes it happen.

KC Tattoo
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Get to the point: We Need a 1st round QB!

Geno Smith on the other side.

Love this banner idea. Wish I could contribute to Gods work.

Personally I would have, DIAF Scott Pioli

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 04:05 PM
I thought you could up until an hour before the game?you are correct hour.before and.after.

Chocolate Hog
you are correct hour.before and.after.

Yeah that's what it says in the OP from 10-11

scho63
You need to contact the local media and notify them the morning of the game. If you let them know too early and they contact the Chiefs directly, they may block your banner.

GOOD LUCK! :thumb:

the Talking Can
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
"AIDS FOR PIOLI AND CASSEL TOO - CHIEFSPLANET.COM"

Raiderhader
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM

This isn't just about this year, or even the past 4 years. This is about decades' worth of frustration. And some strike party in a park might be fun to attend but, it will not be taken all that seriously. Flying your message of disgust over the home field before a game? That is more likely to catch someone's attention.

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah that's what it says in the OP from 10-11
Someone was talking during the game. Just letting people know the laws.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Ok peeps... I have completed the agreement and sent it off with my personal CC info. Hopefully everyone that pledged comes through because otherwise I am on the hook for it. lol

I'll be sending out mass PMs after work today.

Chocolate Hog
10-01-2012, 04:10 PM
I told my friends at 610 about this and sent them a link.

I agree with BRC if you let a guy like Phobia send out a press release and do interviews this thing will be a huge success.

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
Maybe they can toss out some candy wrappers as they fly over Arrowhead.

AustinChief
This is great! One thing you definitely need on the banner... a web address! Not ChiefsPlanet.com but a site dedicated to this cause alone. You can either co-opt content from SaveOurChiefs(talk to Marty) or BenchMattCassel(no clue who is running this one) or create your own content.

I'll help out and get a domain (and host it) for this but I need to know the character limit, obviously shorter is better but finding a good short URL is tough.

But if you do all this and there is no website attached... then you severely limit the amount of reach and content you can push out to the media.

EDIT: I'm going to talk to MartyMac about SaveOurChiefs which has the same goal, so you two may want to coordinate and make my life easier :D

Sofa King
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Hopefully Cassel doesn't throw for 300 yards and 4 Td's in a huge blowout win over Baltimore.

That would truly suck.

RockChalk
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Looks like you're covered for this sunday, but put me down for $20 per game going forward.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 04:12 PM
This is great! One thing you definitely need on the banner... a web address! Not ChiefsPlanet.com but a site dedicated to this cause alone. You can either co-opt content from SaveOurChiefs(talk to Marty) or BenchMattCassel(no clue who is running this one) or create your own content.

I'll help out and get a domain for this but I need to know the character limit, obviously shorter is better but finding a good short URL is tough.

But if you do all this and there is no website attached... then you severely limit the amount of reach and content you can push out to the media.

The problem is the cost... there is a 42 char limit and we are slightly above it already.

If we wind up doing a billboard, we can post the web addy on it.

Red Beans
10-01-2012, 04:13 PM
While I can't contribute right now (having a baby, literally any day now) man does this ever make me proud to be a member of this board.

Fuck yeah, solidarity brothers!

scho63
10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Hopefully Cassel doesn't throw for 300 yards and 4 Td's in a huge blowout win over Baltimore.

That would truly suck.

LMAO

That would be our stupid luck!!!

scho63
10-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I told my friends at 610 about this and sent them a link.

I agree with BRC if you let a guy like Phobia send out a press release and do interviews this thing will be a huge success.

Just have to hope that Pioli and Cassel don't launch rockets at the plane with the banner

acesn8s
10-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Limit the message to We deserve better after 43 years.

BigRedChief
The problem is the cost... there is a 42 char limit and we are slightly above it already.

Banner, then billboard and website?

Fire Me Boy!

I'll help out and get a domain (and host it) for this but I need to know the character limit, obviously shorter is better but finding a good short URL is tough.

EDIT: I'm going to talk to MartyMac about SaveOurChiefs which has the same goal, so you two may want to coordinate and make my life easier :D

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/296/33336713.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
10-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Just have to hope that Pioli and Cassel don't launch rockets at the plane with the banner

Cassel wouldn't get it past the first 3 rows.

J Diddy
10-01-2012, 04:18 PM

I can see that guy shitting himself with a B2 coming over the horizon.

Guru
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM

benchmatt.com is available

J Diddy
10-01-2012, 04:19 PM

He would if he aimed at the uprights

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Looks like you're covered for this sunday, but put me down for $20 per game going forward.

Second this. Send.me.PayPal info also...

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Banner, then billboard and website?

That is my thought process.

Guru
10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Limit the message to We deserve better after 43 years.

I LIKE

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 04:22 PM

damn, ok, the banner is great but seriously limited... your next best bet is to forget about having a short url and instead get one that makes sense and release it with your press releases... hopefully the media will pimp the site for you. (very good chance they will)

ok so now you have to decide on a web address (I'll register and host it if you want) or you can go with a Facebook Page like http://facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs

Facebook is the hip/sexy thing but it is actually better to have a real webpage.. of course the best is full coverage - webpage, facebook, twitter

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Second this. Send.me.PayPal info also...

Will do when I get home. Still at work.

Iowanian
10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Benching Matt Cassel is not the solution.

It's a temporary aspirin for the pain of today, but this needs to aim higher....

Reerun_KC
10-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Will do when I get home. Still at work.

I will.send $25 per pay period until you stop running the banner.

Guru
10-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Benching Matt Cassel is not the solution.

It's a temporary aspirin for the pain of today, but this needs to aim higher....

so what would you have it say

Dicky McElephant
10-01-2012, 04:27 PM
CanPioli.com is available.

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 04:27 PM
so what would you have it say

FIRE PIOLI

Short, to the point and kills two things at once. Once Pioli is gone, Cassel is done for.

Dicky McElephant
10-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Fire-Pioli.com is available.

Bearcat
10-01-2012, 04:28 PM
If worried about space, Liechtenstein's domain is .li ....firepio.li.

Inmem58
10-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Ill throw in for a billboard, but not a banner.

Iowanian
10-01-2012, 04:32 PM
we deserve better: bench#7 firepioli.com

I think that is 41 characters.
When Pioli is gone, Cassel is gone, turd staff is gone.

Sofa King
10-01-2012, 04:35 PM
GO MATT CASSEL! AND TAKE SCOTT PIOLI WITH YOU!

KC Tattoo
10-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Sadly I'm too broke to contribute, but hopefully I can help out before the end of the season or before the Mayans calender ends.

I want to see the plane on TV that would be so fucking Cool.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Wow. Good job boys.

scho63
10-01-2012, 04:48 PM

LMAO

Like a Nerf Rocket....

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
we deserve better: bench#7 firepioli.com

I think that is 41 characters.
When Pioli is gone, Cassel is gone, turd staff is gone.

good idea but firepioli.com is already taken... and even if not, it limits you to one message. While most agree on that message right now, it may make sense to have something more general.

Iowanian
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Clark, Chief Fans deserve More

suds79
10-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Wow this is awesome.

I expect to see some video of the event. :thumb:

Youtube that thing when it's done. Thanks.

... Oh and when the order is done & finalized, it wouldn't hurt to let some media members know. ;)

MIAdragon
10-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Please let me know if you need more $$, I'm a little late to the party.

MIAdragon
10-01-2012, 05:10 PM
"Absentee Ownership"
"43 yrs of Fail"

I'm liking that

A Salt Weapon
10-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I was thinking maybe the first one should be general and not demands something like:

Mr. Hunt: please wake up, we deserve better than this

Then next game go more direct, just a thought
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Alex's Losses
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Amazing.

KCDC
10-01-2012, 05:19 PM
FIRE PIOLI

Short, to the point and kills two things at once. Once Pioli is gone, Cassel is done for.

Cassel is already done. Even Pioli cannot save him now. The problem is that Quinn and Stanzi are equally horrid, so we have no hope but to wait to draft one next year. Pioli will draft one. Let's just hope we get a good one.

Count Alex's Losses
10-01-2012, 05:20 PM
BENCH CASSEL TODAY, FIRE PIOLI TOMMOROW.

Perfect, IMO.

If shortened: BENCH CASSEL, FIRE PIOLI

Raiderhader
10-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I think this is about to come up on 610. They said they were going to talk about seeing something over Arrowhead we've never seen before.

Flachief58
10-01-2012, 05:22 PM
I think 610 is going to talk about this next. Right before the break they said you may see something flying over Arrowhead you've never seen before

Flachief58
10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I think 610 is going to talk about this next. Right before the break they said you may see something flying over Arrowhead you've never seen before

:cuss: Q

ptlyon
10-01-2012, 05:24 PM

I wish it would be a B2. Fully loaded.

Chocolate Hog
10-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Ya I tweeted them earlier and spoke to a friend at the station with a link to the thread.

Agent V
Good sir, put my dumb username down for $50.

<s>LEGO BATMAN 2</s> THE VERIZON BILL CAN WAIT

MIAdragon
43yearsoffail.com is ready for purchase.

HemiEd
CanPioli.com is available.

Bingo!:thumb:

Guru
10-01-2012, 05:27 PM
its on now

Flachief58
Fucking awesome ROFL

Chocolate Hog
Thread just got mentioned on 610.

Bewbies
10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Someone get them to mention the thread about Cassel's cocksucking ways... LMAO

Dicky McElephant
10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
I'll front the cost of the domain if we want. That way we can pool some money for hosting and put together a site. I know there are a couple of designers here but if no one wants to do it.....I will.

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 05:30 PM
What up 610 listeners.

Scott Pioli is a terrible ass GM

^^ QTIYD

JoeyChuckles
Be the change...

I like it.

SPchief
I'll front the cost of the domain if we want. That way we can pool some money for hosting and put together a site. I know there are a couple of designers here but if no one wants to do it.....I will.

I think that AC has allready said that he'll host it and register the domain.

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 05:31 PM

LOLzers

Count Alex's Losses
10-01-2012, 05:32 PM

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/The%20Patriot%20%20Battle.gif

Chocolate Hog
10-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Someone should call in and talk about the banner

mlyonsd
10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Late to the dance but will donate $25. Let me know when you need it. (website, next game, whatever)

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Someone should call in and talk about the banner

I'm at work until 8:30. I can talk to him on Wed if he wants... its my birthday so I took the day off.

teedubya
10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
In for $50.

Inmem58
10-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Fuck the banner get a billboard.

teedubya
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Bench Cassel. Fire Pioli. Sell the Chiefs, Clark.

SPATCH
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
**** the banner get a billboard.

Easy, dude.

Chocolate Hog
10-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Fescoe is saying this will do nothing the only way to send a message is an empty stadium.

bevischief
10-01-2012, 05:50 PM
In for $50.

Take it the social media my friend.

Molitoth
10-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Fescoe is saying this will do nothing the only way to send a message is an empty stadium.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and the Chiefs won't be torn down in a day.

baby steps.

The sign will be a great start.

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I think that AC has allready said that he'll host it and register the domain.

yep, just let me know. I just registered SaveOurChiefs.com for MartyMac.. he is pushing a similar agenda and will be active on social media (Facebook, Twitter) and will be putting together an email campaign... so you two may want to chat. Seems to me that pr_capone could take the lead on banners,billboards, etc and MartyMac could handle the social media, articles, content... and you'd have a pretty complete package.

Of course, you each could do your own thing separately and I'll still host any site you want to put up...

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 05:53 PM

I hope it will rally "The Chiefs Kingdom" against the FO.

A Salt Weapon
10-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Anychance if there is extra letters left that FBHO can be added to the end?
Posted via Mobile Device

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Anychance if there is extra letters left that FBHO can be added to the end?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm already 2 char over limit. :(

clyde05
10-01-2012, 05:55 PM
It's too bad that Clark and Scott will think one single guy fronted teh money for that rather than a bunch of fans

Exactly what I was thinking

SPATCH
10-01-2012, 05:57 PM

A large portion of the crowd at the games are "truefans". They are not on the same page as many of us. However, it feels like a lot of truefans are finally starting to come around to the idea that Cassel/Pioli/Crennel are horseshit, and ideas like this banner will only help to keep our current momentum going.

Chocolate Hog
10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Everyone should link this thread to media on Twitter. Get Phobia to send out a press release. People are def. interested in this.

AustinChief
10-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Exactly what I was thinking

That's why you have to get the full story out to the media.. if it gets enough press, Clark will know it wasn't just one guy.

Inmem58
I'll throw in $20 for a billboard

pr_capone
Everyone should link this thread to media on Twitter. Get Phobia to send out a press release. People are def. interested in this.

I just put it on twitter and reddit. This should go on tumblr as well but I don't have an account.

I will work on a press release tonight when I get home from work.

BigRedChief
10-01-2012, 06:00 PM
In for $50.Dude, we need your top notch social media, marketing skills so this hits not just the local media but ESPN.
!http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6Sr9Ul0AyMRljw9J-fhMrA83JfxI494me7ETP6NA9ImJKcikjFhk_I_38Dg

pr_capone
10-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I'll throw in $20 for a billboard

This isn't a thread for a fucking billboard. Banner is what is going up. Billboard might come later but for now its gonna be a banner being flown over arrowhead. I've alredy paid for it so there is no use in pushing for the billboard.

Scorp
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I'll throw in $50 for coffee mugs. I love me some coffee!