PDA

View Full Version : Football Interested on your thoughts on the Chargers

Buck
10-01-2012, 07:11 PM
I gotta say there are much bigger things going on here today...and I just about spit my water at the screen when I read pr_capone's thread just now, but...

I know that you guys played like absolute ass. I want to get an outsider's perspective on the Bolts.

Our offense was pretty garbage yesterday all things considered. Except for that very first drive we never seemed to gel and you guys basically handed us free points.

I think our defense was excellent, and it continues to be our strong point so far this season.

Anyways, that's it. Seems like 24 hours was long enough to wait to post a thread.

tl;dr Tell me what you think about the Chargers.

notorious
10-01-2012, 07:13 PM
They should have Vaselined up before destroying the Chiefs' cornholes.

Phobia
10-01-2012, 07:14 PM
How should we know? They played the Chiefs. That's like asking somebody how much they like Larry Johnson in the MMA when he's only beaten girls so far.

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Honestly, I think you guys are a borderline team whose inefficiencies are masked by the general ineptitude of the AFC West. I'm interested to see how you guys fare against the Denver Mannings, but, if your game against the Falcons was indicative of anything, I would predict that you guys are about on the level of the 2010 Chiefs.

I could be selling you guys short, but I have a difficult time believing that you are the team you used to be.

BryanBusby
10-01-2012, 07:15 PM
They tried their hardest to blow a lead to a football team that turned the ball over six times.

Chocolate Hog
Donald Butler looks like a future star & Ingram was a very good draft pick.

Honestly your offense looks average at best. To me San Diego is an average team but average could win the AFC West.

BigMeatballDave
Better than the Chiefs.

Psyko Tek
10-01-2012, 07:19 PM
not impressed
but then yesterday you didn't have to be impressive

Bewbies
10-01-2012, 07:20 PM
They stuck their boots so far up our asses we could taste leather?

GoShox
10-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Hopefully Ryan Mathews can step it up. I liked Battle when he was here, but he's not the RB you guys want to rely on.

New World Order
10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
I dont think San Diego is good, they have not been good since what, 2007. However I was very impressed by their pass rushing ability.

ArrowheadMagic
10-01-2012, 07:24 PM
The same Chargers as they have been the last few years. There is nothing positive nor negative to take out of the game. You beat a team that wasnt prepared to play, and doesnt have a QB that could take advantage of WR's that were open 20 yds down the field. Its between you and Denver.

Von Dumbass
10-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I like your LB's and Weddle. Gates can still get open if healthy. The rest of the team is meh.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Better than Denver

Rausch
10-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I think this game is more of a statement of where we are than where you are.

SD is not very good this year.

We are the beetles that roll balls of elephant $3it to lay our eggs in...

CoMoChief
10-01-2012, 07:31 PM
You guys cant run the ball for shit

Bane
Who?

Sorter
How should we know? They played the Chiefs. That's like asking somebody how much they like Larry Johnson in the MMA when he's only beaten girls so far.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Messier
Yeah, I've got to say, I was a little surprised that the Chargers were only up by 14 in the 3rd Q, after getting 6 turnovers, some with a really short field. Heck, if the Chiefs had a QB the lead would've been down to 7 with a quarter to play when Bowe was running wide open down field and Cassel missed him.

So, the Chargers are okay, it'll be between them and Denver for the west, but they're nothing special.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm pulling for SD to win this division.

Fuck Denver with a rusty pitchfork.

Sfeihc
10-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Weddle is good for at least one pick per game on Cassel. Really like Butler, Liguet and Gilchrist; young studs on D. Gaither at OT and Battle at RB, knew they would show against KC. Phil is Phil, give him time and you will pay. Mathews is a little kitty cat. Lacking legit #1 WR. Floyd is nice but not a true #1.

Pablo
10-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Chargers are a 8 to 9 win team probably. Your offense was total meh and won't win you shit. Defense looked decent; but you still let Charles average 5.4 ypc on you; so not that great. And you had the good fortune to face Matt Cassel in the passing game.

notorious
10-01-2012, 07:41 PM
8 to 9 win team. Will get annihilated in the playoffs.

Typical AFC West winner.

TEX
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Very average team. I don't think rivers is an elite quarterback. He has the numbers but disappears when it counts. Nothing special about the Chargers at all. Just my opinion.

Buck
10-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Chargers are a 8 to 9 win team probably. Your offense was total meh and won't win you shit. Defense looked decent; but you still let Charles average 5.4 ypc on you; so not that great. And you had the good fortune to face Matt Cassel in the passing game.

A. If it weren't for that fucking run where he was caught 5 yards deep in the backfield and then busted a 45 yard TD run, the ypc would have been worse.

B. That's well under his career YPC :)

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
8 to 9 win team. Will get annihilated in the playoffs.

Typical AFC West winner.

Yep, SD or Den doesn't matter either is a punching bag for the non-frauds.

hometeam
10-01-2012, 07:59 PM
They pretty much suck, but thats just how very very bad Cassell is

Buehler445
10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Man, it's hard to tell because we are beyond shit. Shit would beat us by 40.

Jackie Battle is running the ball for you. That's not good.

Phyllis Cry Me a River is hot or cold. He could win one for you, he could lose one for you.

Your defense is better than I expected (but remember, shit would beat us by 40). I hope you lose every game. And the Donks lose every game. And the Faid lose every game. Unfortunately someone has to win this shitfuckingbox division, and if you guys can hammer on Manning and get it done. But it will be a tough row to hoe if you can't improve and stay healthy.

You aren't world beaters, but you're better than the less than shit we are.

Frazod
10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Since I don't hate them as much as Denver or Oakland, I hope they win the division. And go one-and-done in the playoffs.

hometeam
10-01-2012, 08:02 PM
A. If it weren't for that ****ing run where he was caught 5 yards deep in the backfield and then busted a 45 yard TD run, the ypc would have been worse.

B. That's well under his career YPC :)

Yea well, he did bust one loose after getting stopped up in the backfield. so... ?

Mi_chief_fan
10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Norv Turner.

tecumseh
10-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Chargers Looking like a one an done at this point.

rico
10-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I thought your D played well.

Rivers seems to have lost something....arm strength maybe? I can't quite pinpoint it, but this was the second time I have watched him this year and he seems like he may be starting to decline a bit.

Jive Ass
10-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Potential for the playoffs, I think. Possibly a one and done, even at Wild Card.

Gadzooks
10-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I think the Chargers are pretty good.

notorious
10-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Denver is head and shoulders above everyone else in the division.

SD might sneak in the playoffs at 9-7, but I doubt it.

Marcellus
10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
SD is not impressive yet but they always start slow so who knows.

They kept a team who turned it over 5 times in the game and finally pulled away after gift number 6.

Road wins are always nice but either Norv is retarded or Norv is retarded.

Easy 6
10-01-2012, 08:19 PM
If your defense had a faced a real, NFL caliber QB, it could have been a completely different outcome.

Cassel has no shame, nor love for the team, if he did he'd ****ing quit & let someone else try.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Denver is head and shoulders above everyone else in the division.SD might sneak in the playoffs at 9-7, but I doubt it.

Meh. Disagree, they are both decent teams, but alas both are frauds (as ATL exposed both)

Shaid
10-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't think they are very good. 6 turnovers, with 5 of them in our territory and you only beat us by 17. That's garbage. Just sayin.

notorious
10-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Meh. Disagree, they are both decent teams, but alas both are frauds (as ATL exposed both)

I really want to believe that Denver sucks, trust me. My eyeballs tell me otherwise, damnit.

If Peyton goes down, they are once again down to our level, though.

Sorter
10-01-2012, 08:43 PM
I think that their defense will definitely pick up throughout the season and the offense will do what it typically does: have a lull mid-season and then pick it up at the end. Probably will win 1 playoff game.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-01-2012, 08:45 PM
I really want to believe that Denver sucks, trust me. My eyeballs tell me otherwise, damnit.

If Peyton goes down, they are once again down to our level, though.

After watching Houston push thier shit in (till that fluke fumble) it's tough for me to believe they are for real.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-01-2012, 08:47 PM
How should we know? They played the Chiefs. That's like asking somebody how much they like Larr.y Johnson in the MMA when he's only beaten girls so far.

This.

I honestly didn't even notice the Chargers. They just happened to be the team that was curb-stomping us this week. Different uniforms...exactly the same results.

Simply Red
10-01-2012, 08:49 PM
I think it was gansta Atlanta dropped bombs on SD. See with us it's expected.

MagicHef
10-01-2012, 09:55 PM
After watching Houston push thier shit in (till that fluke fumble) it's tough for me to believe they are for real.

Which fumbles aren't flukes? Let me guess: any fumble by a Bronco.

Also, putting 14 points on a single fumble seems excessive.

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Which fumbles aren't flukes? Let me guess: any fumble by a Bronco.

Also, putting 14 points on a single fumble seems excessive.

No worries, man, we're just tryin' to hate on Cassel over here.

Sorter
10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Donks will win this division. Chargers don't have Rivera anymore, so Peyton will be fine IMO.

ThaVirus
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Defense looked decent; but you still let Charles average 5.4 ypc on you; so not that great.

Charles goes for over 5 ypc on pretty much everyone so I won't knock them there.

Offense, particularly the running game, is shit in a can. Jackie Battle is serviceable, but as you've probably noticed he needs at least 6 or 7 yards without contact to build up steam; otherwise he does jack and shit with the ball. You have Rivers, who appears to be pretty average these days, but he can light it up at any point so that's a plus. Although he's still a cry baby bitch.

Defense isn't bad. Weddle will probably be good for 6 INTs this season (3 of which will come from Cassel if, God forbid, he's still starting in November). Run game is decently stout and pass rush is about average, I'd say.

As it stands now, you've basically scraped away wins against the Raiders and Chiefs, who did more to lose the games than you did to win them, as well as the Titans. The Falcons game is a true indicator of what is likely to happen to you guys come playoff time.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see your games with the Broncos. I'm pulling for you since we ain't winning shit, which probably means you'll suck ass.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't think much of SD to honest... they'll be in games because Rivers is pretty good, and will give them a chance. But, that's not a great team.

Chiefspants
10-01-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't think much of SD to honest... they'll be in games because Rivers is pretty good, and will give them a chance. But, that's not a great team.

The battle of Peyton Huard and Phyllis Rivers, the race for the AFC West sure will be epic this year!

Count Zarth
10-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Defense has been in beast fuck mode 3 out of 4 games.

If Gaither gets his shit right you're gonna be fine on offense.

I like SD to edge Denver right now.

Count Zarth
10-01-2012, 10:30 PM

Their D is legit and better than Denver's.

I'll take Rivers over Noodle Manning.

There will only be a one or two game difference between the teams though.

Oh Snap
10-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Like Norv Turner said, this chargers team isn't a 14-2 kinda team. Its not nearly as talented as past charger teams from the past 5-7 years. I think the chargers are average in all honesty. The Chiefs essentially gave that game away and still nearly came back after all the mistakes...I feel like the Chiefs gave that win to the chargers rather than the chargers stomping us to death.

This chargers team doesn't "scare" me like the ones of yesteryear's (circa 2006)... The AFC west sucks as a whole, so anyone who wins 9 or 10 game should win the division easily.

Von Dumbass
10-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Defense has been in beast **** mode 3 out of 4 games.

Dude the Chargers have played the Raiders, Chiefs, and Titans. Arguably the 3 worst offenses in the league.

(I know the Chiefs have racked up a lot of yards but 3rd and 7+ is an automatic punt for KC)

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2012, 11:32 PM

Dude, they've beaten Oakland, Tenn., and the Chiefs.

Paper tigers.

Count Zarth
10-01-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't care. They have beast fucked the shit out of those offenses.

That defense is solid everywhere and the front seven has 4 or 5 nasty motherfuckers.

That is a 10-6 to 12-4 team.

Sorter
10-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Dude the Chargers have played the Raiders, Chiefs, and Titans. Arguably the 3 worst offenses in the league.

(I know the Chiefs have racked up a lot of yards but 3rd and 7+ is an automatic punt for KC)

Gonna leave out the Jags like that? You're a dick man.

Von Dumbass
10-01-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't care. They have beast ****ed the shit out of those offenses.

That defense is solid everywhere and the front seven has 4 or 5 nasty mother****ers.

You are severely overrating the Chargers front 7. They have quite a few good LB's but their DL is trash. The Chargers are an 8-8 team

Count Zarth
10-01-2012, 11:44 PM
You are severely overrating the Chargers front 7. They have quite a few good LB's but their DL is trash. The Chargers are an 8-8 team

The Chiefs have a good OL and the Chargers DL were pushing their shit in today.

They are a more complete football team than Denver.

The only way Denver beats SD for the division is if Manning reverts to 2008 form or Demaryius Thomas becomes Calvin Johnson.

I wouldn't read anything into SD's loss to Atlanta because that is the best team in football.

Von Dumbass
10-01-2012, 11:49 PM
The Chargers are built defensively to beat up on run first offenses. If you spread them out you get those LB's off the field and you exploit their weak secondary.

The Chargers starting corners have to be one of the 5 worst corner tandems in the league right now.

Von Dumbass
10-01-2012, 11:58 PM
The Chiefs have a good OL and the Chargers DL were pushing their shit in today.

They are a more complete football team than Denver.

The only way Denver beats SD for the division is if Manning reverts to 2008 form or Demaryius Thomas becomes Calvin Johnson.

I wouldn't read anything into SD's loss to Atlanta because that is the best team in football.

I don't want to get into how I feel Denver stacks up to the Chargers in this thread...

I remember Winston getting beat a few times but other than that I don't remember the Chargers manhandling your OL.

Sorter
10-01-2012, 11:59 PM
If the Chargers starting corners have to be one of the 5 worst corner tandems in the league right now.

Not even close.

Sorter
10-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Jags, Titans, Colts, all have worse corner tandems. That is just 1 division. Try again.

mcaj22
10-02-2012, 12:05 AM
well the Chargers do start/play Atari Bigby who is terrible

so he's got some sort of argument.

They have a solid front 7 though. Wish we would have drafted Melvin Ingram. Thanks Pioli you fat fuck

Von Dumbass
10-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Jags, Titans, Colts, all have worse corner tandems. That is just 1 division. Try again.

Verner is a stud. I don't know about Jacksoville's secondary.

I was gonna name Oakland, Detroit, Indy, and SD.

MagicHef
10-02-2012, 12:41 AM

Really? The two teams have played 2 common opponents, one allowed 41 points in those games while the other allowed 33 points.

Sorter
10-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Verner is a stud. I don't know about Jacksoville's secondary.

I was gonna name Oakland, Detroit, Indy, and SD.

Ugh, totally forgot about Oakland. Verner is a stud in the making, but Tennessee doesn't have anyone adequate next to him IMO.

Detroit would be better with Bentley and Houston but I agree they are bad.

Normally, I'd say Minny's CBs are horrible (minus Winfield) but they seem to be doing alright this year.

htismaqe
10-02-2012, 07:06 AM
The Chargers D is good up front but against a real QB, those corners are going to be a liability.

The offense, well, I'd be scared. It looks like dink and dunk crap to me. They don't appear to have the ability to stretch the field.

Fritz88
10-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Average at best.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2012, 07:14 AM
They are a decent team, definately have a shot at the division......

but their problems and questions are the same as they always have been:

Will Rivers and Norv Turner step up in big games and the playoffs?

Bwana
10-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Average, but better than the Chiefs. You have a few beasts on D as well.

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 07:28 AM
best start in several years.
if they get hot later in the year, watch out.

mr. tegu
10-02-2012, 07:30 AM
If we had a QB San Diego would be playing for second place behind us along with everyone else in the division.

Graystoke
10-02-2012, 07:57 AM
I hope they win the division.
Good D.
Hot and Cold

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 07:58 AM
If we had a QB San Diego would be playing for second place behind us along with everyone else in the division.

you're probably right.
the talent on this Roster should be good enough other than QB.

scho63
10-02-2012, 08:01 AM
You started the game throwing the ball all over the field against us at will.
Gates make Eric Berry look more like a Dingleberry.
Then your coach and OC pussied out and tried to run, which we stuffed like Shaq's big hand in Tila Tequila's asshole.
It nearly let us back in the game but we have a secret weapon for our opponent's called Matt "No Rally" Cassel who promptly f*cked everything up per his normal routine of complete fail.
Your defensive line played very well and shoved Eric Winston around like a little bitch.
I don't think your "O" is what is was except for Gates.
Rivers was slightly above average but once we found a way to get pressure on him, he was rattled. Teams like the Ravens, Texans, Eagles, Giants, etc will destroy the Chargers.
They have only beaten 3 turds so far and got spanked at HOME by the Falcons, who we hung with for a half.

I say Chargers and Broncos are middle of the road teams, while the Chiefs and Raiders are turds at the bottom of the pile.

AFCW Blows

KC Tattoo
10-02-2012, 08:03 AM
This is the most pathetic division in NFL. None of our teams deserve to win it least to us tho. Who ever wins this division gets a first round ass kicking in the playoffs. Enjoy that Buck. I think Dolts will win it rather them than the oakland ****tards and denver shitland poneys.

Gadzooks
10-02-2012, 08:38 AM
You started the game throwing the ball all over the field against us at will.
Gates make Eric Berry look more like a Dingleberry.
Then your coach and OC pussied out and tried to run, which we stuffed like Shaq's big hand in Tila Tequila's asshole.
It nearly let us back in the game but we have a secret weapon for our opponent's called Matt "No Rally" Cassel who promptly f*cked everything up per his normal routine of complete fail.
Your defensive line played very well and shoved Eric Winston around like a little bitch.
I don't think your "O" is what is was except for Gates.
Rivers was slightly above average but once we found a way to get pressure on him, he was rattled. Teams like the Ravens, Texans, Eagles, Giants, etc will destroy the Chargers.
They have only beaten 3 turds so far and got spanked at HOME by the Falcons, who we hung with for a half.

I say Chargers and Broncos are middle of the road teams, while the Chiefs and Raiders are turds at the bottom of the pile.

AFCW Blows

I think, once the game got out of hand, Norf treated it like practice and was trying to establish our running game with a rusty Ryan Mathews and Battle.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-02-2012, 09:03 AM

That's the way I see it too. Good take. Hell, I said the exact thing before the season started.

lcarus
10-02-2012, 09:07 AM
I'm pulling for SD to win this division.

Fuck Denver with a rusty pitchfork.

Same

oldandslow
10-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Denver is going to wind up being pretty good, imo. Defense isn't bad and Peyton is going to be Peyton.

Hell, they won a playoff game with Tebow at QB.

Sandyeggo is Meh.

The AFC ain't what it used to be.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Two fucks; don't give em.

lcarus
10-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Two fucks; don't give em.

THIS OR DEATH

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2012, 10:33 AM
THIS OR DEATH

LMAO

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
you're probably right.
the talent on this Roster should be good enough other than QB.

No doubt in my mind. Easily the best team in the division, but Pee Wee fucks it all up.

Buck
10-02-2012, 03:42 PM
best start in several years.
if they get hot later in the year, watch out.

We were 4-1 last year.

thurman merman
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
The Chargers always have sucked, and they always will suck.

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 05:02 PM
We were 4-1 last year.

sorry, i didn't remember that.
i was thinking they started slow every year, my bad.

Gadzooks
10-02-2012, 05:31 PM
The Chargers always have sucked, and they always will suck.

Some rare insightful info coming from ThurmanÖ
Nice Job.http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y344/MichaelAnthonyHunt/more%20gifs/rnd-rudy.gif

Von Dumbass
10-02-2012, 07:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/02/chargers-use-peyton-manning-visit-to-sell-tickets-to-chiefs-game/

Chargers use Peyton Manning visit to sell tickets to Chiefs game

The Chargers previously tried to sell tickets to their home game against the Chiefs by marketing tickets to Chiefs fans. San Diego has now adopted an approach less likely to fill up Qualcomm Stadium with fans who will be rooting for the visiting team.

In order to buy tickets to the October 15 Monday night game against the Broncos and Peyton Manning, fans now must also buy tickets to the November 1 Thursday night game against the Chiefs and Matt Cassel Brady Quinn.

Itís hard to fault the Chargers for being creative, given that they came more than 9,200 tickets short of selling out a Week Three visit from the Falcons.

Still, itís also hard to think that it will work. While the Monday night game against Manning likely wonít be blacked out in San Diego, folks in Southern California likely will be relegated to the offerings of NBC on the night that the Chargersí home game will be televised by NFLN.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Buzz off troll

KC Tattoo
08-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Where has Buck been?

I want to take this moment & ROFL @ Chargers taking Monti Te'o in the draft.

He is going suck hard and am sure not just on his imaginary boy friend.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Where has Buck been?

ROFL

TribalElder
08-10-2013, 10:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/buNql4M.png

mdchiefsfan
08-10-2013, 10:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/buNql4M.png

ROFL

MagicHef
08-10-2013, 10:21 AM
Defense has been in beast fuck mode 3 out of 4 games.

I don't care. They have beast fucked the shit out of those offenses.

That defense is solid everywhere and the front seven has 4 or 5 nasty motherfuckers.

LMAO

Buck
08-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Where has Buck been?

Ooh, Burn.

GoChargers
08-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Where has Buck been?

I hope he plays every down on defense in the regular season. His suckitude will be very useful for the tank effort.

Buck
08-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I hope he plays every down on defense in the regular season. His suckitude will be very useful for the tank effort.

You sound like a Chiefs fan.

We haven't hit that low point yet. You should still have some kind of sliver of hope in the preseason.

Mavericks Ace
08-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Going to be a long year for the Chargers.........

Von Dumbass
08-15-2013, 10:35 PM
I was pretty much dead on about the Chargers last year heh

Mavericks Ace
08-15-2013, 10:36 PM
I was pretty much dead on about the Chargers last year heh

Aj Smith has ruined that franchise.

CoMoChief
08-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Rivers is a good QB.

His team has been gutted out from underneath him, and that supposed "window" the Chargers had is no longer there. That ship sailed long ago, AJ Smith took a page out of Pioli's book and ruined that franchise.

That front office has done a shit job trying to rebuild without going total rebuild. Gates is still good but he's getting another year older. His WR's have either been traded away. let walk in FA, or has gotten injured. That place has been a revolving door for WR's.

And their defense sucks. Weddle is an overrated POS. No more Jammer or Cro. No more Shaun Phillips. The list goes on and Rivers has been the only staple point. He's good, but not good enough like a Manning or Brady where he can keep that machine rolling by himself.

I can't wait. We're gonna tear his asshole wide open prison style.

Von Dumbass
08-15-2013, 10:40 PM
There for a while AJ Smith was a GOD in Chargerland. If he had kept Brees for a year or two I think the Chargers would have won a Super Bowl. That team was ready to win now and Rivers wasn't very good his first two years starting.

Buck
08-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Rivers is a good QB.

His team has been gutted out from underneath him, and that supposed "window" the Chargers had is no longer there. That ship sailed long ago, AJ Smith took a page out of Pioli's book and ruined that franchise.

That front office has done a shit job trying to rebuild without going total rebuild. Gates is still good but he's getting another year older. His WR's have either been traded away. let walk in FA, or has gotten injured. That place has been a revolving door for WR's.

And their defense sucks. Weddle is an overrated POS. No more Jammer or Cro. No more Shaun Phillips. The list goes on and Rivers has been the only staple point. He's good, but not good enough like a Manning or Brady where he can keep that machine rolling by himself.

I can't wait. We're gonna tear his asshole wide open prison style.

I think our offense sucks, and I think we have a pretty decent defense. Our D-Line is pretty stacked.

Mavericks Ace
08-15-2013, 10:49 PM
I think our offense sucks, and I think we have a pretty decent defense. Our D-Line is pretty stacked.

No happy that you guys got freeney.....that was a great pick up.

Mavericks Ace
08-15-2013, 10:50 PM
There for a while AJ Smith was a GOD in Chargerland. If he had kept Brees for a year or two I think the Chargers would have won a Super Bowl. That team was ready to win now and Rivers wasn't very good his first two years starting.

His ego got the best of him. he never wanted to pay anyone. he let all the talent leave, didn't replace it, and now they are a joke......

ClevelandBronco
08-15-2013, 10:50 PM
I think y'all screwed the pooch when you got rid of Marty. I love Marty.

I have to admit that I haven't thought of the Chargers much at all since then, and when I have it hasn't been keeping me up at night.

Chocolate Hog
08-15-2013, 10:52 PM

I have to admit that I haven't thought of the Chargers much at all since then, and when I have it hasn't been keeping me up at night.

Yeah rivers over brees great call

Psyko Tek
08-15-2013, 10:52 PM

the troll maybe right

Brees could have had the bolts in the ship

but, things that did not happen never will

AJ may be worse than carl and Pioli combined

Buck
08-15-2013, 10:54 PM
To be honest, I think the year we had Marty was our best chance.

We should have beat the Patriots in the 2nd round, but Marlon McCree fumbled a 4th down interception back to the Pats. Worst fucking play ever.

Norv got us to the Championship game, but Rivers was playing that game on a torn ACL.

Von Dumbass
08-15-2013, 10:58 PM
The Chargers were absolutely loaded from 2005-2008. Probably one of the best teams to never make it to the Super Bowl.

KCrockaholic
08-15-2013, 11:04 PM
That first play when Liuget totally owned the guard was impressive. He and Kendall Reyes are beasts.

But I don't like that SD team this year. Those corners will be roasted.

Sorter
08-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Rivers velocity has had a significant drop off the past 2 years.

KCrockaholic
08-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Rivers velocity has had a significant drop off the past 2 years.

I was starting to wonder if Chad Pennington made a comeback.

Sorter
08-15-2013, 11:18 PM
I was starting to wonder if Chad Pennington made a comeback.

It'd be sad to watch if it wasn't Phylis.

Sorter
08-15-2013, 11:18 PM
There was one throw today that was particularly cringe worthy.

GoChargers
08-16-2013, 05:53 AM
We were never, ever winning a Super Bowl with Marty. His track record of playoff ineptitude was just too deeply ingrained. The real mistake was replacing Marty with an incompetent loser like Norv Turner.

Yeah rivers over brees great call
Brees wasn't the Brees that we know today in San Diego. Furthermore, people love to leave out the fact that when he left the Chargers, there were serious doubts that he would ever play again. After all, he had just torn his labrum in a meaningless game because of Marty's stubborn refusal to play Rivers. There's a reason only two other teams even considered Brees in free agency. Plus Rivers turned out to be an elite quarterback until recently.

There are plenty of good reasons why the Chargers suck now, but firing Marty and choosing Rivers over an injured Brees are not one of them.

GoChargers
08-16-2013, 05:56 AM
We should have beat the Patriots in the 2nd round, but Marlon McCree fumbled a 4th down interception back to the Pats. Worst fucking play ever.

I still think Marty throwing the challenge flag on that obvious fumble was worse than the fumble itself. We could have still had a chance to win on the last drive if not for Marty throwing away his last timeout on that idiotic challenge.