PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Blackout Arrowhead Nov 18th?

teedubya
10-02-2012, 01:21 AM
The thought got brought up in the PR Capone thread...

How do we get 80,000 to NOT show up to Arrowhead for the November 18th, 2012 game vs. the Bengals?

It's a non-division game... Mid Nov. Probably cold... near Thanksgiving...

I'm thinking we could work this into the second banner during the Raiders game on Oct 28th... Fly another banner at this game, that says something like:

EMPTY ARROWHEAD BLACKOUT NOV 18 vs BENGALS

and the next game is the Bengals home game, mid-Nov.

Would having an empty stadium be a worthwhile goal? Do you support this?

Phobia
10-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Team keeps playing like they have, you won't even have to organize this thing.

Phobia
10-02-2012, 01:23 AM

Raiderhader
10-02-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm all for blacking out all of the remaining home games.

KCrockaholic
Not just a black out game. I want the game to be blacked out on TV. But it would be cool to have the fans just tailgating in the parking lot during the game instead. Would be a fun experience.

teedubya

Maybe so, LOL... but I'm thinking... if people KNOW this is a blackout day... they'd may be more willing to NOT show up to the game.

Raiderhader
10-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Not just a black out game. I want the game to be blacked out on TV. But it would be cool to have the fans just tailgating in the parking lot during the game instead. Would be a fun experience.

I like the tailgating idea except that you are still giving money through parking fees.

BryanBusby
10-02-2012, 01:27 AM
The Bengals would be pretty cool to watch. AJ Green is a beast.

The fans should make a Divisional Rivalry game hit black out status.

DaneMcCloud
10-02-2012, 01:28 AM

Not gonna happen. Local business and affiliate will cover the cost.

It'll be broadcast.

Chiefspants
10-02-2012, 01:29 AM

This would never work, a large % of the masses will always show up to divisional games.

KCrockaholic
10-02-2012, 01:30 AM
I like the tailgating idea except that you are still giving money through parking fees.

Yeah that's the downfall. They get the money either way.

BryanBusby
10-02-2012, 01:32 AM
This would never work, a large % of the masses will always show up to divisional games.
Yeah, guess so. It'd be damning if Arrowhead was completely empty for a divisional game though.

The game against the Carolina Panthers 2 weeks later looks like a better target for a black out. Games against bad NFC teams will fetch the lowest crowd, it'll be more likely to be colder and seriously....who wants to watch the fucking Panthers?

teedubya
10-02-2012, 01:32 AM

Do we have enough time to blackout the Raiders game? It's less than 4 weeks away.

Phobia, can we add another line to the poll?

1. Yes, I support Nov 18 vs Bengals.
2. Yes, I support Oct 28th vs Raiders?
3. No.
4, Gaz

Please? I don't think we have enough time though... we use the Ravens game to state Fire Pioli - Bench Cassel... and then the Raiders game to promote the blackout.

Set up a FB event for The Blackout... the next home game is the Bengals game.

Chiefspants
10-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Do we have enough time to blackout the Raiders game? It's less than 4 weeks away.

Phobia, can we add another line to the poll?

1. Yes, I support Nov 18 vs Bengals.
2. Yes, I support Oct 28th vs Raiders?
3. No.
4, Gaz

Please? I don't think we have enough time though... we use the Ravens game to state Fire Pioli - Bench Cassel... and then the Raiders game to promote the blackout.

Set up a FB event for The Blackout... the next home game is the Bengals game.

Maybe I'm too much of a optimist (or cynic, depending on which way one looks at it), but I think the majority of chiefs fans would see the raiders game no matter how bad we were. I believe non-divisional opponents are the way to go here.

BryanBusby
10-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Late out of conference game is your best bet.

Even when the Chiefs were decent back in 2010, it seemed the lowest attendance was when they played Arizona.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2012, 01:42 AM
im bringing my son to his first ever Chiefs game then.

KCrockaholic
10-02-2012, 01:46 AM

How old?

pr_capone
10-02-2012, 01:47 AM
I think the better bet to get KC fans to not show would be the home closer against the Colts.

Its gonna be cold as balls anyway, the team will have sucked monkey cock all year, the fan base should be thoroughly riled up by then.

La literatura
10-02-2012, 01:50 AM

Stepson?

pimpchief
10-02-2012, 01:54 AM

Worth saying twice. Nobody wants to go see this bull shit.

Fritz88
10-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Yes enough is enough
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhader
10-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Yeah, guess so. It'd be damning if Arrowhead was completely empty for a divisional game though.

The game against the Carolina Panthers 2 weeks later looks like a better target for a black out. Games against bad NFC teams will fetch the lowest crowd, it'll be more likely to be colder and seriously....who wants to watch the ****ing Panthers?

Might be some interest in seeing Cam Newton.

BryanBusby
10-02-2012, 02:23 AM
Might be some interest in seeing Cam Newton.

If he wasn't having a sophomore slump, perhaps.

Chief Roundup
10-02-2012, 02:23 AM
No don't mess with the Blackout stuff. Since most of the fans don't live in KC we could face a programming switch to the Rams. It is already being talked about since the Rams are looking so much better than we are.
A real QB and HC. And they won a SB in the last 40 years.

htismaqe
10-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Because of Cam Newton, I think the Bengals are a better target than the Panthers.

tooge
10-02-2012, 08:13 AM

I couldn't have said it any better. even if I said it twice

Fish
10-02-2012, 08:20 AM
I don't see any way we could reach enough people for it to be effective. There's going to be several tens of thousands who have tickets, and either don't care about our cause, or still won't hear about our cause. Look at how many people come to the games without any deep passionate feelings about the team or performance on the field. We might make a small difference, but I question whether it would be noticeable when actually looking at the crowds..

Dave Lane
10-02-2012, 08:28 AM

Jackson County gets the parking fees.

KCUnited
10-02-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't see any way we could reach enough people for it to be effective. There's going to be several tens of thousands who have tickets, and either don't care about our cause, or still won't hear about our cause. Look at how many people come to the games without any deep passionate feelings about the team or performance on the field. We might make a small difference, but I question whether it would be noticeable when actually looking at the crowds..

This. I know guys who buy season tickets just to get 8 partial days off from their wife and kids, not even Cassel can keep them from that.

Predarat
10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
I support this idea, un-occupy Arrowhead!

Beerthirty
10-02-2012, 08:43 AM
They would still get their money but it would be funny if everyone wore black to the Raiders game. Could you imagine how much TV coverage that would get with Arrowhead full of Raider shirts! I dont think I could do it though. I would have to sell them to someone that would.

bevischief
10-02-2012, 08:51 AM

But they would still be getting the parking money.

Chief Gump
10-02-2012, 09:19 AM

The parking fees do not go to the people at Arrowhead. It goes to either the city or county or something like that.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-02-2012, 09:29 AM
6.5 yrs old. My dad, son and I are flying in from PHX for the game. Last game I came back for was the Pittsburgh win in 2009.

How old?

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 09:29 AM

Yep... I really like the idea and I think the buzz surrounding the banner could grab the media's attention long enough for them to help spread the word of a blackout, but I still think 50,000+ people will show up.

IMO, a walkout might be more effective... fly a banner and spread the word around tailgates and inside the stadium... the emotion of the game could be the determining factor one way or the other though. If it's a close game, people won't want to leave. But, if they're down by a couple touchdowns at halftime, I think it would be awesome if everyone left and the players came out to a completely empty stadium in the 3rd quarter. Not half full or a quarter full, but empty.

But... in '09 when they were 3-10, 50,000 people showed up for the Browns. 73,000 showed up the year before when they were 2-12 to watch the Dolphins with a -400 degree windchill... and even by the end of the Dolphins game, there were probably 20-30,000 people left (iirc).

redhed
10-02-2012, 09:42 AM
STHs have already paid for tix. Seems kinda silly to let tix burn like that.

cmh6476
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
yeah but then that would be a great opportunity for me to take my 5 and 7 yr olds to a game, lol

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Because of Cam Newton, I think the Bengals are a better target than the Panthers.

Gingers everywhere now want your soul.

Fat Elvis
10-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I think there should be a banner flown whenever there is a blackout that says, "Blackout? Our Choice. Get a Clue, Clark"

BourbonMan
10-02-2012, 10:06 AM
STHs have already paid for tix. Seems kinda silly to let tix burn like that.

I agree, As I am one of those.

SNAFU
10-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Nov. 18th is Military Appreciation Day. My daughter always gets tickets and we attend this game. We all live far apart and use this as a way to get together and reconnect. It's as much about spending time with family and enjoying each other as it is taking in the Arrowhead experience. Just throwing this out there because I am sure there are others who are in similar situations. That being said....I like what you all are doing and fully support it, especially, the banner.

KC_Lee
10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Any idea how many tickets are needed to be sold for the game to be a sell out?

Also, how do we get one or all of the Chiefs' sponsors (i.e. Price Chopper) to NOT buy up any remaining tickets to ensure a sell out?

spanky 52
10-02-2012, 10:29 AM
This is the only Chief's game I'll get to this year as my son is flying in from Dallas to see the game. We try to make one game a year, either here or on the road. Any other game and I'd be all for it.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Judging by alot of reactions in this thread, no way this will ever happen. Too many people still enjoy going to games no matter how good or bad the team is.

Thats cool, i can understand the sentiment.

tooge
10-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I've got season tix, and I'm looking at it this way. It was a bad decision to buy into these cheap bastards for the 23rd year. Now, I can make my bad decision worse by also paying for parking and beer, or I can minimize my bad decision by staying home watching on TV or listening on the radio while I get something else done. I'm stayin home. My seat will be empty until Casshole is no longer the starting QB. If Quinn comes in and sux, my seat will be empty until Pioli is gone.

KC_Lee
10-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Judging by alot of reactions in this thread, no way this will ever happen. Too many people still enjoy going to games no matter how good or bad the team is.

Thats cool, i can understand the sentiment.

I am picking up what you are putting down. Even if we could get this rolling I don't think Pioli would allow a black out and would have the Chiefs' sponsors pick up any remaining tickets to ensure a sell out.

Pioli is just like Cassel, likes to point to stats that are total garbage.

gblowfish
And miss seeing Andy Dalton in person? Are you crazy?

svtracing
I do not think this is a good idea because this is saying I am turning my back on the Chiefs. I will continue to support this team. Besides, I have sold my tickets to this game to fans who want to go to Arrowhead, so my seats will not be empty.

Pestilence
10-02-2012, 10:50 AM
The only way I could see this happening is if a pissed off fan had enough money to purchase EVERY ticket for a game by paying the ticket holders double for their tickets. And then you'd still have people who would turn down the money and go to the game.

KC_Lee
10-02-2012, 10:51 AM
And miss seeing another team that drafted and developled thier own started QB in person? Are you crazy?

Fixed your post.

htismaqe
10-02-2012, 10:56 AM
I do not think this is a good idea because this is saying I am turning my back on the Chiefs. I will continue to support this team. Besides, I have sold my tickets to this game to fans who want to go to Arrowhead, so my seats will not be empty.

Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt have turned their back on you. But you won't turn your back on the team?

Do you enjoy being a doormat?

Sofa King
10-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I don't know about you douchebags but I've blacked out arrowhead since 2002.

Bearcat
10-02-2012, 11:00 AM

They've done so much for you, like take your money... and...

Mile High Mania
10-02-2012, 11:01 AM
You really need a vocal assist here - something via radio, Internet, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter... really focus hard on this blackout idea for the next 5 weeks.

Be strong in the effort - seriously, Facebook & YouTube are your paths here... make some noise, get the talking heads in the media talking about it. Have fun - be polite and go viral.

You really have a great opportunity... are you going to continue to take it or stand up and be counted? I say go for it and good luck. I'm being honest too, not trying to be a jerk.

Mile High Mania
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Reach out (via email) to shows like 'Around the Horn' or 'Pardon the Interruption' ... offer this topic up for debate. Create a very nice scenario with the simple question of "how can fans fight back to show ownership they care and they are tired"?

Gotta figure it's something that could be lively and kill a segment on one of those shows...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Let it ride.

HemiEd
10-02-2012, 11:11 AM

You can say that again.

Sweet Daddy Hate
You can say that again.

LMAO

ChiTown
Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt have turned their back on you. But you won't turn your back on the team?

Do you enjoy being the pivot guy in a circle jerk?

fyp

Deberg_1990
10-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Create a very nice scenario with the simple question of "how can fans fight back to show ownership they care and they are tired"?

How can fans fight back? These are billionares. The only thing that hurts them is less $$$$$

The best way fans can fight back is to stop going to games and giving them money. A fan walkout doesnt accomplish much other than a day or two bad press because you still gave them money for tickets, parking, food, beverage, consessions, etc......

stonedstooge
10-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Still think it would be easier to have a Turn Your Back on Matt game where if they trot his ass out there to start the game, the fans stand up and turn their backs to the field. Hell every drunk in the place would be riling the crowd up

Fish
10-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Still think it would be easier to have a Turn Your Back on Matt game where if they trot his ass out there to start the game, the fans stand up and turn their backs to the field. Hell every drunk in the place would be riling the crowd up

I question whether that would be a good idea. The message would be seen as obnoxious, and might turn people off instead of spreading the word. The problem with the whole blackout deal or a walkout is again that you'd have to control the actions of 40,000+ people for it to be effective. The reason the banner idea works, is that we only have to control the message itself, and we're guaranteed it to be seen by a huge number of people. Infinitely easier than trying to control what a huge number of others do the day of the game. And the last thing we want is the message to only be spread by the drunk and overly passionate crowd..

Marcellus
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah that's the downfall. They get the money either way.

This may have already been covered but the Chiefs don't make the $ off parking or set the prices from what I understand. Johnson County does.

KCUnited
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
This may have already been covered but the Chiefs don't make the $ off parking or set the prices from what I understand. Johnson County does.

Jackson, Johnson just makes up the majority of the tags.

Mile High Mania
10-02-2012, 12:59 PM
How can fans fight back? These are billionares. The only thing that hurts them is less $$$$$

The best way fans can fight back is to stop going to games and giving them money. A fan walkout doesnt accomplish much other than a day or two bad press because you still gave them money for tickets, parking, food, beverage, consessions, etc......

You're really looking for attention and headlines really - pressure them ... you guys have a loyal fanbase, fact is - for everyone that supports the boycott - there are 2 others that would be more than happy to take your place in line. If you want to look at it that way, then really - all boycott types of things are a waste of time.