PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who was the worse Chiefs QB: Bono, Grbac or Cassel?

John_Wayne
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM
I was just wondering where Cassel stacks up against the most hated QBs in recent memory?

InChiefsHell
10-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Cassel is too fresh on the brain, so he seems the worst. But they were all pretty horrible in the end.

qabbaan
10-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Worst decision maker of the three probably

La literatura
10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Grbac wasn't that bad. Bono wasn't really a fixture for long enough, in my opinion. Funny thing, Cassel and Bono are handsome guys, but neither are as sexy as Elvis Grbac.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/2365.jpg

suds79
10-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Grbac at least had talent when it came to throwing the ball.

This one is Cassel in a landslide.

frankotank
10-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Grbac wasn't that bad. Bono wasn't really a fixture for long enough, in my opinion. Funny thing, Cassel and Bono are handsome guys, but neither are as sexy as Elvis Grbac.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/2365.jpg

I'd rather look like Manute Bol!
as a Michigan fan Grbac was certainly the most embarrassing.
I think Cassel is the worst ever. bring Palko back.

Graystoke
10-02-2012, 12:27 PM
With a name like Elvis you can't be all that bad.

Take the C, E and L out whadya got?

ASS

Predarat
10-02-2012, 12:27 PM
The problem with all three is they are backups that were pretending to be starters.

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Cassel is not the worst. He came out and played within weeks after appendix surgery. The other two would sit for a freaking broken fingernail. I know it's all the fad and all en vogue to hate on Cassel but let's be real.

Bono was a bone head and Grbackup cost us Gannon. He is the real satan here. He did less with more talent than either of the other two...or Gannon.

Graystoke
10-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Cassel is not the worst. He came out and played within weeks after appendix surgery. The other two would sit for a freaking broken fingernail. I know it's all the fad and all en vogue to hate on Cassel but let's be real.

Bono was a bone head and Grbackup cost us Gannon. He is the real satan here. He did less with more talent than either of the other two...or Gannon.

BUT BUT...WE ARE BLEEDING TO DEATH NOW!

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Cassel by a Mile or two.

Caseyguyrr
10-02-2012, 12:31 PM
cassel IMO

BourbonMan
10-02-2012, 12:32 PM
All 3 were/are bad..The difference is when we had Bono and Grbac...We had a very good Running game and a very good Defense...WE have none of these now.

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 12:32 PM
BUT BUT...WE ARE BLEEDING TO DEATH NOW!

For reasons above and beyond Cassel. I hope he's benched or traded or sent to Mars. We'll then see how he's been only a factor in the implosion.

Caseyguyrr
10-02-2012, 12:35 PM
For reasons above and beyond Cassel. I hope he's benched or traded or sent to Mars. We'll then see how he's been only a factor in the implosion.

good luck on getting anything out of him with a trade

Deberg_1990
10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Should we add Huard, Thigpen and Croyle to this list?

Caseyguyrr
10-02-2012, 12:36 PM

dont dare bring thiggy into this

Chest Rockwell
10-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I was just wondering where Cassel stacks up against the most hated QBs in recent memory?

Bono gave us Das Boot. That alone makes him better than the other two.

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-7636492405319981257&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

Bane
10-02-2012, 12:38 PM

At least Thigpen made it seem that he cared to try.Casshole is just a lost pile of hopeless shit.

Bane
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-7636492405319981257&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

Tom Jackson is awesome!!!LMAO

Chiefnj2
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Worst accuracy & arm - Cassel.
Biggest Wuss - Grbac.
Below Avg in every category imaginable - Bono.

John_Wayne
10-02-2012, 12:44 PM

<EMBED style="WIDTH: 400px; HEIGHT: 326px" id=VideoPlayback type=application/x-shockwave-flash src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=-7636492405319981257&hl=en&fs=true allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true"> </EMBED> I knew someone would bring this up. As a Chiefs fan, one of my all time favorite plays.

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
I knew someone would bring this up. As a Chiefs fan, one of my all time favorite plays.

yeah that was an awesome play, by the time he got to the 40 he was moving so slow it looked like it was in slomo.

John_Wayne
10-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Should we add Huard, Thigpen and Croyle to this list? I hate to go down this road, but I think Huard would be better than Cassel and with a modified offensive strategy I think Thiggy would give Cassel a run for his money. Croyle would be worse, but he has a hot wife with big bazongas.

Grim
10-02-2012, 12:46 PM
I vote Bono. I think he'd be worse than Cassel in this offense.

The one advantage Cassel has over the other two is that he hasn't been given the chance to say something really, really stupid to the media like Bono and Grbac.

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 12:47 PM
I think a number of younger fans do not remember how bad Bono or how frustrating the Grbac years were. They will automatically choose Cassel because that is what they know. But Cassel has not had the luxury of the stability of a long time head coach/GM, system, coaches, or offensive line that the other two had. They had everything lined or lining up for them to succeed. Cassel has had to deal with all kinds of crap in his time here.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Bono actually threw a nice deep ball.

pimpchief
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM
dont dare bring thiggy into this

Thigpen has got to be in the top ten amongst all time chiefs qbs.

frankotank
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM
good luck on getting anything out of him with a trade

we were talking about this at work yesterday.
talk about being royally fucked!
hey! anybody want a muti-million dollar sorry ass QB? ANYBODY? PLEASE!

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
talk about being royally ****ed!

the other 31 teams in the league would probably say we might take him off your hands if you throw in a second round pick.

lcarus
10-02-2012, 12:54 PM

I'd still vote Cassel.

John_Wayne
10-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Well, it looks like it's Cassel in a landslide.

YourMom
10-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Grbac was physically talented, but mentally retarded.

Cassel isn't mentally retarded, but he has cerebral palsy.

I pick Grbac as the worst QB because he was also a dickhead.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I think a number of younger fans do not remember how bad Bono or how frustrating the Grbac years were. They will automatically choose Cassel because that is what they know. But Cassel has not had the luxury of the stability of a long time head coach/GM, system, coaches, or offensive line that the other two had. They had everything lined or lining up for them to succeed. Cassel has had to deal with all kinds of crap in his time here.

Yea, its interesting to note that Cassels 2010 season was far better than anything Bono ever did in KC.

LIke i said, Bono threw a decent deep ball, but everything else was horrible. Same problems as Cassel with accuracy, pocket presence, footwork, fearful of the rush, etc...

dallaschiefsfan
10-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Neither Grbac or Bono had CLOSE to the weapons that Cassel has. They still suck...but they didn't even have the surrounding cast to compare apples to apples. Everyone understood what Bono was and in the West Coast offense, he was serviceable...even if he wasn't going to take you to the Super Bowl. Grbac was a terrible leader...and a quitter...but he was better in his "prime" than Cassel has EVER been.

Chest Rockwell
10-02-2012, 12:58 PM

I agree with a lot of this, but personally I think you've got to factor in expectations/what they were sold as when they were acquired and what was given up for them.

They gave a conditional 4th for Bono and brought him in as a backup. Grbac was an 8th round draft pick...

Deberg_1990
10-02-2012, 01:00 PM
They gave a conditional 4th for Bono and brought him in as a backup. Grbac was an 8th round draft pick...

Bono was only meant to be a stopgap for a few years....Grbac was brought in to replace Bono after he was horrible in 96. Expectations were higher with Grbac.

BWillie
10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Grbac was easily the best, but took the most heat.

dallaschiefsfan
10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Regardless of your take, all three quarterbacks have one thing in common - they came to a team that simply refuses create its own identity. Long before the Patriotsification of the Chiefs there was the 49'ersification of the Chiefs.

Chest Rockwell
10-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Bono was only meant to be a stopgap for a few years....Grbac was brought in to replace Bono after he was horrible in 96. Expectations were higher with Grbac.

They were higher, but not higher than they were with Cassel. He still was an 8th rounder and was never given the equivalent of a 6 year, $63 million contract.

Is Cassel the most talented of the 3? Probably. Which is also sad.

In fact, now I'm depressed thinking about what this organization has trotted out at QB since Lenny.

Back to the bourbon thread at once!

SLAG
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM
No Blackledge Option?

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I agree with a lot of this, but personally I think you've got to factor in expectations/what they were sold as when they were acquired and what was given up for them.

Agreed, but listen to what you are saying. You are pissed because the management and marketing department gave unrealistic expectations to sell tickets. Cassel has issues, lots of them, but he's also been put in a situation he was not equipped to handle. Blame Pioli, the Chiefs PR department, his agent, and even Cassel himself to an extent. But if you were sold a bill a goods then be angry but also know he is not responsible for promises made he could not realistically keep. I've never heard him personally say he is the next Tom Brady or that he is an elite QB. If he has said it then he's delusional and you have every right to be mad. But if he didn't then a great deal of this anger needs to be sent upstairs because it created this monster.

YourMom
10-02-2012, 01:18 PM
The Chiefs have only had 3 QBs in the history of the franchise who didn't blow boat people. Dawson, Montana, and Green.

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 01:18 PM
The Chiefs have only had 3 QBs in the history of the franchise who didn't blow boat people. Dawson, Montana, and Green.

Gannon.

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Gannon.

:thumb:

YourMom
10-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Gannon.

Gannon swallowed load by the gallon when he was in KC. His numbers were marginally better than Grbac's...the aforementioned retard. What he did in Oakland is irrelevant.

Grim
10-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Gannon.

DeBerg

Chest Rockwell
10-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Agreed, but listen to what you are saying. You are pissed because of the management and marketing department gave unrealistic expectations to sell tickets. Cassel has issues, lots of them, but he's also been put in a situation he was not equipped to handle. Blame Pioli, the Chiefs PR department, his agent, and even Cassel himself to an extent. But if you were sold a bill a goods then be angry but also know he is not responsible for promises made he could not realistically keep. I've never heard him personally say he is the next Tom Brady or that he is an elite QB. If he has said it then he's delusional and you have every right to be mad. But if he didn't then a great deal of this anger needs to be sent upstairs because it created this monster.

I'm not pissed. This is not consequential enough to my life for me to be pissed about. Which is pretty much why you rarely see me post in football threads anymore. I've resigned caring until this organization does.

Grbac and Cassel are neck in neck for me as the worst of these three. Based on what they gave for them and expectations from that, I give the edge to Matt.

Also, they're all three Pro Bowlers so how can they all not be good? \current front office.

YourMom
10-02-2012, 01:24 PM
DeBerg

He was relatively good...for KC. A worthless piece of shit for most other franchises.

frankotank
10-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Gannon.

sigh. he was badass. nice job KC farm club. see ya in the hall Gannon.

so somebody tell me...even if the powers that be decided to get rid of Cassel....how CAN we get rid of him. he has a bagillion dollar contract. so how does this shit work exactly. the trading team (the chump ass team that takes him...as if) would have to pick up the bagillion dollar contract....right? so since nobody would take him and his stupid contract we'd have to dump the bastard and pay him anyways?

I hope I just don't understand the ins and outs....or are we as ****ed as I think we are???

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm not pissed. This is not consequential enough to my life for me to be pissed about. Which is pretty much why you rarely see me post in football threads anymore. I've resigned caring until this organization does.

Grbac and Cassel are neck in neck for me as the worst of these three. Based on what they gave for them and expectations from that, I give the edge to Matt.

Also, they're all three Pro Bowlers so how can they all not be good? \current front office.

No offense, I meant 'you' in the global form. I see so much anger directed at Cassel when it should really be placed on Pioli and CHunt.

Caseyguyrr
10-02-2012, 01:28 PM
talk about being royally ****ed!

yup we're totally fucked in every phase from the Cassel debacle.

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Gannon swallowed load by the gallon when he was in KC. His numbers were marginally better than Grbac's...the aforementioned retard. What he did in Oakland is irrelevant.

No it's not and no he didn't but this argument is so over. He did for the Raiders what many of us believed he would do here if given a real shot. History speaks for itself.

Phobia
10-02-2012, 01:30 PM

I think you're not exactly a good barometer for the period because you were so blindly loyal to Gannon you quite literally became a Raiders fan.

YourMom
10-02-2012, 01:33 PM
No it's not and no he didn't but this argument is so over. He did for the Raiders what many of us believed he would do here if given a real shot. History speaks for itself.

If he didn't do it in KC, it's irrelevant. Read the topic title. "Who was the worst Chiefs QB?"

It doesn't matter if he was underutilized, misused, or threw for 5,000 yards in Oakland while banging a supermodel and working out a peace treaty between the Israelis and Palestinians.

If it didn't happen in KC, it's irrelevant.

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I think you're not exactly a good barometer for the period because you were so blindly loyal to Gannon you quite literally became a Raiders fan.

Actually, I resumed being one. Was one growing up.

My point about Grbac being the worst because of what we gave up is where Gannon plays into this. We have paid Cassel too much money for what he is but that is not entirely on him. He simply accepted what the team was willing to pay. Again, that is on Pioli and Hunt.

Chest Rockwell
10-02-2012, 01:37 PM
No offense, I meant 'you' in the global form. I see so much anger directed at Cassel when it should really be placed on Pioli and CHunt.

None taken, I place plenty of blame there and think I've explained that. Though I think SP is more to blame than CH. The one time Clark opens his wallet and this is what he gets? I hope SP at least bought him a drink first.

That said, when I'm sold a product, I expect it to perform close to the level it's sold to me for.

The wonder twins from the FO do not force him to shit the bed and go into the fecal position every time the wind picks up in the pocket nor are they the reason he's horribly innaccurate.

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 01:40 PM
None taken, I place plenty of blame there and think I've explained that. Though I think SP is more to blame than CH. The one time Clark opens his wallet and this is what he gets? I hope SP at least bought him a drink first.

That said, when I'm sold a product, I expect it to perform close to the level it's sold to me for.

The wonder twins from the FO do not force him to shit the bed and go into the fecal position every time the wind picks up in the pocket nor are they the reason he's horribly innaccurate.

Agreed but they presumably would have done their due diligence before offering him the money. Was there anything in his past that would indicate he would be capable of the things they were promising from him?

And it's fetal position. LOL. :) Fecal position would be shit. Which I guess could apply. :D

YourMom
10-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Actually, I resumed being one. Was one growing up.

My point about Grbac being the worst because of what we gave up is where Gannon plays into this. We have paid Cassel too much money for what he is but that is not entirely on him. He simply accepted what the team was willing to pay. Again, that is on Pioli and Hunt.

I can't argue against Grbac being the worst, but it has nothing to do with Gannon. It has to do with him being a fucking idiot with no toughness or character. Gannon is a non-factor in this discussion, and can go die in a rape fire for going to the Raiders.

Chest Rockwell
10-02-2012, 01:42 PM
FML, I've just realized that this is what it's come to for Chiefs fans: debating whose worse, Cassel or Grbac.

I'm really, really beginning to hate this organization.

Chest Rockwell
10-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Agreed but they presumably would have done their due diligence before offering him the money. Was there anything in his past that would indicate he would be capable of the things they were promising from him?

And it's fetal position. LOL. :) Fecal position would be shit. Which I guess could apply. :D

No, I meant fecal position.

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 01:43 PM
just noticing Bono has 8 votes.
his play here in KC seems kinda foggy to me, i can't imagine anyone being worse than MC tho.

memyselfI
I can't argue against Grbac being the worst, but it has nothing to do with Gannon. It has to do with him being a ****ing idiot with no toughness or character. Gannon is a non-factor in this discussion, and can go die in a rape fire for going to the Raiders.

Well if you are factoring in price paid to obtain, maintain, and keep then it does but again, old argument.

Cassel is no where near the epic fail as Grbac was. He seems that way because he is now but I think history will show he is not the worst or most hated by Chiefs fans. He just happened to come to KC when expectations were extremely high and patience was really low.

memyselfI
No, I meant fecal position.

LOL. OK. LMAO

DaWolf
10-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Grbac had talent, but sucked as a leader. But he was the most talented of the bunch.

Bono was what he was. He plugged in and kept a talented team moving, but when it came down to making plays in crunch time, he peed his pants.

Cassel is probably the best of the three when it comes to work ethic and effort and toughness, but is probably the least talented of the three.

As someone mentioned earlier, all three guys are backups posing as starters. It's amazing that all three have actually been in a pro bowl...

gblowfish
10-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Bono was stupid.
Grbac was a pussy.
Cassel has no talent.

None of them ever won a playoff game. That's the sad thing they have in common.

tooge
10-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Not even close. Bono got the chiefs to the AFC title game, and Grbac had his moments but just wasn't much of a leader. Also, you have to remember that Grbac and Bono didn't have the weapons the chiefs have on offense now. Cassel is a POS, plain and simple.

Chest Rockwell
10-02-2012, 01:48 PM
My point about Grbac being the worst because of what we gave up is where Gannon plays into this.

Isn't that sort of the same logic you're using to argue "for" MC? The FO fucked up their talent eval so EG should be sort of given a pass?

FWIW, I don't agree with it for either MC or EG.

frankotank
10-02-2012, 01:50 PM
I can't argue against Grbac being the worst, but it has nothing to do with Gannon. It has to do with him being a ****ing idiot with no toughness or character. Gannon is a non-factor in this discussion, and can go die in a rape fire for going to the Raiders.

WTF....I don't even.....
the stupid ****ing KC fron office gave Gannon up....for ****ing GRBAC! mother **** it pisses me off all over again just thinking about it. talk about misplaced anger. good on ya Gannon for succeeding, effectively showing that the KC front office are clowns. lets not forget that Gannon, as a Raider, knocked KC out of playoff contention in 99. KC pro sports ain't nothing but a ****ing FARM TEAM.
I sat in arrowhead several times listening to chiefs nation chanting GANNON GANNON while Gagbac failed us time and time again. makes me sick.

****! I need to go chill out. ****ing chiefs....

I found this...thought it was interesting....
A few quotes....

The Chiefs never drafted their own quarterback to develop until Brodie Croyle was chosen in the 2006 NFL Draft and claimed the starting position in 2007.

Grbac wasn't much of a leader, in fact he once made the comment "I can't catch the ball and throw it, too." although he was a talented thrower

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kansas_City_Chiefs_quarterbacks#Gannon_and_Grbac

whoman69
The others had their short comings, but Cassel's shortcomings would take a novel to discuss.

gblowfish
Not even close. Bono got the chiefs to the AFC title game, and Grbac had his moments but just wasn't much of a leader. Also, you have to remember that Grbac and Bono didn't have the weapons the chiefs have on offense now. Cassel is a POS, plain and simple.

Bono did NOT get KC to the AFC title game. Joe Montana did that.

Wrong cast off SF QB, dude, and we had three of them.

Bono never won a playoff game as a Chief.

YourMom
10-02-2012, 01:52 PM

I must've missed the season where Bono led the Chiefs to the AFC title game. I thought the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game was in 1994, with Joe Montana at the helm.

Chest Rockwell
10-02-2012, 01:53 PM
his play here in KC seems kinda foggy to me, i can't imagine anyone being worse than MC tho.

13-3 in 95 is really the only thing he did of note. Choked and threw 3 int in playoff game where he who shall not be named missed 3 FGs and they lost 10-7 to Indy.

Got a couple starts in 94 after Montana went down. 8-6 in 97 before he got hurt.

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 01:56 PM
13-3 in 95 is really the only thing he did of note. Choked and threw 3 int in playoff game where he who shall not be named missed 3 FGs and they lost 10-7 to Indy.

Got a couple starts in 94 after Montana went down. 8-6 in 97 before he got hurt.

thanks.

i remembered the 95 season when Harbaugh and the Colts knocked them out.
and i remembered the bootleg for a TD vs the Cards and that was about it.

Reerun_KC
10-02-2012, 01:57 PM
his play here in KC seems kinda foggy to me, i can't imagine anyone being worse than MC tho.:banghead:

He was a fucking miserable quiter...

Grbac, Bono and Cassel all one in the same.

memyselfI
10-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Isn't that sort of the same logic you're using to argue "for" MC? The FO ****ed up their talent eval so EG should be sort of given a pass?

FWIW, I don't agree with it for either MC or EG.

I am not arguing for Cassel. I am also not saying he should be given a pass. I just think that Chiefs fans having twice been burned by previous promises of greatness in based on questionable success in someone elses system should have adopted a more 'show me' attitude before believing in anything coming out of the FO hook, line, and sinker.

Yes, it was a different front office but the blueprint was all too similar. Also, the difference with Cassel vs. Grbac is that there is no viable alternative to Cassel. With Grbac you had someone on the bench who many in the league believed was better than your starting QB but did not want to create a QB controversy by giving him a shot. Cassel is also bearing the brunt of that reality.

Especially after they shipped away Orton (who I can't stand) to again ensure no QB controversy.

Same shit,different day.

gblowfish
10-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Bono after the Colts playoff loss in 1995 said "I thought I played OK out there today." - Clueless, stupid.

Grbac sat out a game with a bruised pinky finger vs San Diego in 2000. Chiefs start a 44-year old Warren Moon (oldest start by a Chiefs QB), who plays like crap. It's San Diego's only win that year. KC has a losing record 7-9 because Elvis took the game off.

Cassel is not a pussy. He played vs. St. Louis two years ago less than a week after surgery. He's just not an accurate passer. He's not stupid, he's not a puss, he's just not talented enough to be a reliable starter. He's a very good #2 guy, like Orton going to Dallas. Just not good enough to win week in and out for you.

TEX
10-02-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't know if Grbac was the worst, but he was the biggest pussy.

John_Wayne
10-02-2012, 04:02 PM
I know the results are skewed because Cassel is fresh in our minds, but I'd certainly vote for Cassel. I wonder if the stats for these three QBs would agree that Cassel is the worst?

Munson
10-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Cassel is the worst by far.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Cassel is not a pussy. He played vs. St. Louis two years ago less than a week after surgery. He's just not an accurate passer. He's not stupid, he's not a puss, he's just not talented enough to be a reliable starter. He's a very good #2 guy, like Orton going to Dallas. Just not good enough to win week in and out for you.

He's not a leader.

He doesn't take responsibility for his mistakes.

Chief3188
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Cassel only due to longevity over Bono. Grbac actually had skill but his attitude and lack of leadership were what doomed his future. Bono's career here is similar to Cassel's. Bono had a good season against an easy schedule, with a top rushing game and even snuck into the pro bowl as an alternate in that season but the difference is we did not stick with Bono after he showed what a stinker he was. There lies the difference as Pioli for some reason made sure we stuck with the loser Cassel way past the expiration date on this bag of rancid meat.

oldman
10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Bono and Grbac could throw the ball over 10 yards. Both still stunk. Let's hope MC goes the way of "Oh no, Bono" and Elvis "has left the building".

htismaqe
10-02-2012, 04:29 PM

Mentally, he is.

He can't take criticism, constructive or otherwise. His ego is more fragile than Brodie's knees.

bricks
10-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Bono after the Colts playoff loss in 1995 said "I thought I played OK out there today." - Clueless, stupid.

Grbac sat out a game with a bruised pinky finger vs San Diego in 2000. Chiefs start a 44-year old Warren Moon (oldest start by a Chiefs QB), who plays like crap. It's San Diego's only win that year. KC has a losing record 7-9 because Elvis took the game off.

Very good #2?

I think he is less than that. I think Cassel is a serviceable backup at best.

He's ideal for like Bonos situation where he has an excellent defense and a solid running game.

The starting QB goes down, Cassel comes in, manages the game and let the defense and the running game win it for you. He is a prototypical role player.

But yeah you're definately right about him not doing it for the team week in and week out. Agree with you there.

*After watching Cassel play for the last 4,5 years I have come to the conclusion, that it's just best to keep it simple/vanilla with him.

Radar Chief
10-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Didnít Bono criticize KC BBQ?
At least Mark Castle isnít quite that stupid.

BoneKrusher
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
He's not a leader.

He doesn't take responsibility for his mistakes.

and he thinks he's as good as Manning and Rivers. LMAO

gblowfish
10-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Didnít Bono criticize KC BBQ?
At least Mark Castle isnít quite that stupid.

When Bono found out he'd been traded to KC, he said in the SF press that the worst restaurant in SF was better than the best restaurant in KC.

This is when he's going to a city that has 80,000 people out in the parking lot, COOKING, before kickoff.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Radar Chief
10-02-2012, 04:37 PM
When Bono found out he'd been traded to KC, he said in the SF press that the worst restaurant in SF was better than the best restaurant in KC.

This is when he's going to a city that has 80,000 people out in the parking lot, COOKING, before kickoff.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

:thumb:

L.A. Chieffan
10-02-2012, 04:43 PM
They're all pretty decent

oldman
10-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Bono was a jerk, but he could at least throw the ball. No love lost here.

BigMeatballDave
10-02-2012, 05:01 PM
They're all pretty decent

LMAO

Marcellus
10-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Do you like to eat shit with or without corn in it?

Pretty much the concept of this thread.