PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brady Quinn

Lbedrock1
10-03-2012, 05:14 PM
I keep hearing how BQ is so much worse than Cassel and that if we put him in we are guaranteed to lose. If our backup is so bad why is he on our roster? This goes back to Pioli for not given us a serviceable backup. Could it be so Cassel did have to look over his back? It still all points at the GM.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Yes

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2012, 05:16 PM
This is new information

TEX
10-03-2012, 05:19 PM
I keep hearing how BQ is so much worse than Cassel and that if we put him in we are guaranteed to lose. If our backup is so bad why is he on our roster? This goes back to Pioli for not given us a serviceable backup. Could it be so Cassel did have to look over his back? It still all points at the GM.

Exactly this. Honestly, BQ would be my Qb the rest of the way. IF he shows ANYTHING, then he's my back-up next year while I draft a QBOTF. If he shows enough, I'll go with him as the starter, until said QBOTF is ready. If he doesn't, then I still get a FA and draft a QBOTF. Cassel is GONE regardless.

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I wonder what Quinn's middle name is?

If it begins with a B, then he's destined to be the QB here.

BBQ

:)

BossChief
10-03-2012, 05:20 PM
His handling of the qb position will be the reason he gets fired....well, the biggest reason anyway.

Lbedrock1
10-03-2012, 05:24 PM
This is new information

No it is not new I just wanted to talk about. I'm big Chiefs fan who lives in Houston and I have no one to talk to about it here, so I decided to post it.

Lbedrock1
10-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Exactly this. Honestly, BQ would be my Qb the rest of the way. IF he shows ANYTHING, then he's my back-up next year while I draft a QBOTF. If he shows enough, I'll go with him as the starter, until said QBOTF is ready. If he doesn't, then I still get a FA and draft a QBOTF. Cassel is GONE regardless.

This may be strange, but I would rather lose with with Quinn then to see Cassel play one more down. Maybe it is because I have seen Cassel mess up so much I'm tired of the disappointment. Am I the only one who feels this way?

MIAdragon
10-03-2012, 05:31 PM
This may be strange, but I would rather lose with with Quinn then to see Cassel play one more down. Maybe it is because I have seen Cassel mess up so much I'm tired of the disappointment. Am I the only one who feels this way?

You must be new here.

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Not at all.

htismaqe
10-03-2012, 05:33 PM
You must be new here.

He just got out of prison.

Lbedrock1
10-03-2012, 05:39 PM
You must be new here.

Not new but if they play Quinn and lose I dont think I will be as upset. I know we all want to get Cassel out but is it to have a chance to win or just so you dont have to suffer with his inept play anymore. I want to win with Brady Quinn but not sure that we can.

Lbedrock1
10-03-2012, 05:39 PM

Why you gotta put my business out like that....LOL

BoneKrusher
10-03-2012, 05:49 PM

BBQ

his middle name is Tyler.

BigMeatballDave
10-03-2012, 05:51 PM
his middle name is Tyler.

Oh, well.

LOL

Dicky McElephant
10-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

FYI, Brady Quinn said he didn't get any more snaps in practice today than he normally gets

Dicky McElephant
10-03-2012, 05:57 PM
FYI.....his first name isn't Brady.

It's Brayden.

Bump
10-03-2012, 06:08 PM
he obviously has the arm but he isn't accurate. But I do remember watching nfl network talk about him, so take that for what you want, but they were saying he's never struggled much with decision making, he's known to make good decisions but he just couldn't get the accuracy down. I don't know if that's true, I never watched Browns games unless they were playing us. But if that's true, maybe he's learned something since the last time he started which was 3 years ago. I say throw him in there and see what happens, **** IT! If he sucks, put in Stanzi and see what happens. If he sucks, throw in the youtube hero and see what he does, I'd actually love to see that because the dude can obviously put the ball where he wants to.

WE ARE DRAFTING A QB IN THE 1ST ROUND NEXT YEAR NO MATTER WHAT!

So fuck it! throw them all in there and just see what happens! What if Tanney goes all Kurt Warner? we'll never know.

Coogs
10-03-2012, 06:59 PM
he obviously has the arm but he isn't accurate. But I do remember watching nfl network talk about him, so take that for what you want, but they were saying he's never struggled much with decision making, he's known to make good decisions but he just couldn't get the accuracy down. I don't know if that's true, I never watched Browns games unless they were playing us. But if that's true, maybe he's learned something since the last time he started which was 3 years ago. I say throw him in there and see what happens, **** IT! If he sucks, put in Stanzi and see what happens. If he sucks, throw in the youtube hero and see what he does, I'd actually love to see that because the dude can obviously put the ball where he wants to.

WE ARE DRAFTING A QB IN THE 1ST ROUND NEXT YEAR NO MATTER WHAT!

So fuck it! throw them all in there and just see what happens! What if Tanney goes all Kurt Warner? we'll never know.

I'm good with drafting a QB in the 1st round next year. Be 30 years right on the money since we last tried it. I just don't want Pioli to be the one making the call. I can see him going all Carl Peterson and fucking it up by taking the only Blackledge of the 1st round QB's that will be available.

R8RFAN
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
No shit... You could have gotten Jason Campbell for BQ money and he is better than Matt on his worst day

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Ricky Stanzi

Reerun_KC
10-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I only want the qb that gives us the best chance to lose.

Rausch
10-03-2012, 07:24 PM

Is that why his avatar is pissing blood?...

htismaqe
10-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Why you gotta put my business out like that....LOL

htismaqe
10-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

FYI, Brady Quinn said he didn't get any more snaps in practice today than he normally gets

Of course, it was already reported that he's been getting roughly half the snaps anyway.

So they've been prepping for a while now.

aturnis
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Doesn't anyone really think that Brady Quinn would be directly responsible for 10 turnovers in 4 games? I don't expect much from him at all, but he can easily be as good as, or better than Cassel.

rico
10-03-2012, 07:43 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJgmeEH1lrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rico
10-03-2012, 07:45 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dVnJG7v98iE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Browns fans were sure stoked about him for a few seconds. :)

whoman69
10-03-2012, 08:17 PM
His handling of the qb position will be the reason he gets fired....well, the biggest reason anyway.

^ this

BossChief
10-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Of course, it was already reported that he's been getting roughly half the snaps anyway.

So they've been prepping for a while now.

Unless I missed that part of the Maas report...I think people misunderstood his ramblings a bit.

All he said was that Quinn took half the reps in practice...not that those reps were with the first team.

Dicky McElephant
10-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Unless I missed that part of the Maas report...I think people misunderstood his ramblings a bit.

All he said was that Quinn took half the reps in practice...not that those reps were with the first team.

Go pull up the thread......he said 50% of the FIRST TEAM reps in practice.

Otter
10-03-2012, 10:31 PM

Mr. Blonde?

Welcome back! Go get an asshole massage you crazy bastard! I'll chill a couple cold ones while you're out.

Jawshco
10-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't think Quinn is a better a QB, but it would be tough to do worse than Matt (though Palko managed it). The main thing that Brady would do better than Matt is putting the ball in a place that doesn't kill our WR's. We've got injuries piling up with Matt's too high check down passes getting the receivers consistently blown-up.

Joie
10-03-2012, 10:50 PM

For the same reason Brody Croyle was:banghead:

DaWolf
10-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Let's do this...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LJgmeEH1lrE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dicky McElephant
10-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Think about this.....Quinn's best years at ND were when he had Jeff Samardzija and Maurice Stovall. Samardzija is 6' 6" and Stovall is 6' 5". Bowe is 6' 2" and Baldwin is 6' 4". Quinn knows how to utilize tall receivers.

beach tribe
10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Wouldn't it be just NUTS if Quinn comes in and becomes a franchise QB.

After all the shit this fan base has been through.

No fucking way.

mdchiefsfan
10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
My fear is Brady does mediocre, then Pioli says that he believes we can win with Quinn.

Dicky McElephant
10-04-2012, 10:34 AM

No fucking way.

Honestly....and this is coming from a huge Quinn fan....but the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Predarat
10-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Come all without, come all within You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn!

DaFace
10-04-2012, 10:44 AM

No fucking way.

Hell, the suggestion that it even COULD happen is nuts, let alone the possibility of it actually happening.

beach tribe
10-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Hell, the suggestion that it even COULD happen is nuts, let alone the possibility of it actually happening.

Pestilence is right. The odds are slim to None. But crazier things have happened.

tooge
10-04-2012, 10:52 AM

this post right here should be stickied. This is all that needs to be said regarding the Kansas City Chiefs and the quarterback situation moving forward. Totally agree.

Micjones
10-04-2012, 11:07 AM

No ****ing way.

The kid has had just 12 NFL starts.
He may never pan out, but that's too small a sample size to tell.

He needs to play sometime soon.
This team is lost with Cassel at the helm.
There's no more defending that decision.

lcarus
10-04-2012, 11:19 AM
When your starting QB is Matt Cassel, your backups are terrible.

Molitoth
10-04-2012, 11:21 AM
When your starting QB is Matt Cassel, your backups are terrible.

OR your asshole GM won't let you bench him.

You know Crennel is dieing to put Quinn in the game considering his good friend Weis had him playing well in college, and Crennel drafted the guy.

Old Dog
10-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Quinn knows how to utilize tall receivers.

Cassel does too. If only we could find a 7'3" WR for one side and a 9'2" WR for the other, he could hit those guys......maybe

htismaqe
10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
OR your asshole GM won't let you bench him.

You know Crennel is dieing to put Quinn in the game considering his good friend Weis had him playing well in college, and Crennel drafted the guy.

Pioli is his good friend too.

listopencil
10-04-2012, 11:33 AM

BBQ

What a coincidence. His nickname is actually Brady "Bitch" Quinn. It's destiny.

tooge
10-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Matt Cassels favorite song?

Somewhere over da wayne bowe

TRR
10-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Can't help root for Brady Quinn IMO. Former 1st round pick stuck on a terrible team in Cleveland. Didn't play well and never has gotten another chance. He was, without a doubt, the #1 selection in the draft if he would have not returned for another season at ND. Then the questions started.

I didn't expect to see the emotion on the sideline Quinn has shown since coming to KC. He nearly chased down Charles on the TD run against NO, and is usually the first guy to greet the D on the sideline when they get a 3 and out. He is also saying all the right things in the media.

Quinn isn't the answer....but he deserves a shot to start.

GoShox
10-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Can't help root for Brady Quinn IMO. Former 1st round pick stuck on a terrible team in Cleveland. Didn't play well and never has gotten another chance. He was, without a doubt, the #1 selection in the draft if he would have not returned for another season at ND. Then the questions started.

I didn't expect to see the emotion on the sideline Quinn has shown since coming to KC. He nearly chased down Charles on the TD run against NO, and is usually the first guy to greet the D on the sideline when they get a 3 and out. He is also saying all the right things in the media.

Not to mention the whole Tebow deal in Denver.

Ace Gunner
10-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Think about this.....Quinn's best years at ND were when he had Jeff Samardzija and Maurice Stovall. Samardzija is 6' 6" and Stovall is 6' 5". Bowe is 6' 2" and Baldwin is 6' 4". Quinn knows how to utilize tall receivers.

ya, good point.

listopencil
10-04-2012, 12:20 PM

Of course no one can really say what happened in those situations for him except the people who were actually there. I have watched Quinn play though. He has never demonstrated the mental capacity to play QB in the NFL. He either hurries and fucks up, or takes too long to make decisions and kills plays. You can't say that he is always going to be like this. He might be better right now, you never know. He hasn't played lately. But a large group of coaches have passed on him. There's a reason for that.

saphojunkie
10-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Of course no one can really say what happened in those situations for him except the people who were actually there. I have watched Quinn play though. He has never demonstrated the mental capacity to play QB in the NFL. He either hurries and ****s up, or takes too long to make decisions and kills plays.

This is what Cassel does also. The difference between the two of them is that, on the occasion that the correct read and decision IS made...Quinn has the physical tools to make the play happen, and Cassel doesn't.

Quinn's arm strength also opens up half the playbook. And by that, I mean the 50% of routes currently being run by Chiefs receivers that Cassel ignores because he knows he can't even get the ball there.

whoman69
10-04-2012, 01:04 PM

banning offense

R8RFAN
10-04-2012, 01:09 PM

Reported

BossChief
10-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm not gonna go and fill myself with false hope that Brady Quinn will come out and be good after seeing his level of suck with my own eyes on many occasions.

Once Cassel gets pulled, I give it no more than 4 or 5 games until he hits the bench, too.

Sorry, but I'm expecting the Palko experiment part two...this time with a stronger arm.

whoman69
10-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Of course no one can really say what happened in those situations for him except the people who were actually there. I have watched Quinn play though. He has never demonstrated the mental capacity to play QB in the NFL. He either hurries and ****s up, or takes too long to make decisions and kills plays. You can't say that he is always going to be like this. He might be better right now, you never know. He hasn't played lately. But a large group of coaches have passed on him. There's a reason for that.

This is different from Cassel how? The difference between the two is the fact that there is the outside chance that since Quinn had no talent around him in Cleveland, he might not be the proven fail that Cassel is. I don't believe that, but the possibility exists.

So if you have Cassel fail and then Quinn plays two games and is an equal fail, where do you go?

Dicky McElephant
10-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm not gonna go and fill myself with false hope that Brady Quinn will come out and be good after seeing his level of suck with my own eyes on many occasions.

Once Cassel gets pulled, I give it no more than 4 or 5 games until he hits the bench, too.

Sorry, but I'm expecting the Palko experiment part two...this time with a stronger arm.

You know I'm a huge Quinn fan.....but I'm not filled with false hope about him either.

King_Chief_Fan
10-04-2012, 01:13 PM
This is different from Cassel how? The difference between the two is the fact that there is the outside chance that since Quinn had no talent around him in Cleveland, he might not be the proven fail that Cassel is. I don't believe that, but the possibility exists.

So if you have Cassel fail and then Quinn plays two games and is an equal fail, where do you go?

you go to 1-15 and draft a QBOTF

Old Dog
10-04-2012, 01:19 PM

Quail hunting.

BossChief
10-04-2012, 01:19 PM
You know I'm a huge Quinn fan.....but I'm not filled with false hope about him either.

It's a win win, either way.

He wins and plays well, the team will rally around him and possibly go on a legit hot streak.

He loses and sucks, I get to watch Stanzi get his shot and the upcoming draft will get us a first round qb.

The first domino needs to fall asap...Cassel is done.

TRR
10-04-2012, 01:28 PM

You fold up shop and dig in to scouting QB's for the 2013 draft. Everyone knows Cassel won't be here in 2013. Quinn would have to really light it up to get a shot in 2013.

DaWolf
10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Pestilence is right. The odds are slim to None. But crazier things have happened.

Yeah, Rich Gannon wasn't the answer either. I'm sure Jim Plunkett wasn't the answer. There are plenty of examples of crazier things actually happening. So you never know. But him taking that next step under the same coaches he failed with before, well I don't know if even the most optimistic person could see that...

listopencil
10-04-2012, 03:05 PM

I'd say the only difference is that Mark Asshole had success in the NFL at some point. It might be that the KC FO just doesn't want to go down this road. If you bench Mark Asshole for BBQ ( Brady "Bitch" Quinn. Ha ha.), and BBQ fails horribly, do you go back? Or do you go Stanzi? If you go Stanzi then there really is no coming back. They would pretty much have to address the position. Piolio (I just made that up. He cripples your team like polio. Yes it is funny. Fuck you) may not be willing to man up and throw away the time/money incested (Yeah, I did that on purpose. I'm a funny guy) into Mark Asshole.

DaFace
10-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I'd say the only difference is that Mark Asshole had success in the NFL at some point. It might be that the KC FO just doesn't want to go down this road. If you bench Mark Asshole for BBQ ( Brady "Bitch" Quinn. Ha ha.), and BBQ fails horribly, do you go back? Or do you go Stanzi? If you go Stanzi then there really is no coming back. They would pretty much have to address the position. Piolio (I just made that up. He cripples your team like polio. Yes it is funny. Fuck you) may not be willing to man up and throw away the time/money incested (Yeah, I did that on purpose. I'm a funny guy) into Mark Asshole.

ROFL

listopencil
10-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Careful what you wish for...

Rausch
10-04-2012, 03:32 PM

He probably will fail but it won't be the same fail we've seen for the last 4 years.

It won't be Ca$$hole. It won't be Bowe or checkdown only. It won't be staring down one guy for 5 seconds and then throwing to that guy...

58-4ever
10-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

FAX
10-04-2012, 03:57 PM
You all know the tune ...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8957892&postcount=364

FAX

DaWolf
10-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Either he will be good, he will be Cassel, or Blow for Geno will be on.

The latter two means new QB for next year. The first unlikely scenario means we may have found a guy for the immediate future. Either way, Cassel's done.

That said, watch Cassel go 20-30 for 208, 1 TD and 0 INT's in a 24-17 loss this week, which means he buys another week...

whoman69
10-04-2012, 04:48 PM
you go to 1-15 and draft a QBOTF

You fold up shop and dig in to scouting QB's for the 2013 draft. Everyone knows Cassel won't be here in 2013. Quinn would have to really light it up to get a shot in 2013.

I'd say the only difference is that Mark Asshole had success in the NFL at some point. It might be that the KC FO just doesn't want to go down this road. If you bench Mark Asshole for BBQ ( Brady "Bitch" Quinn. Ha ha.), and BBQ fails horribly, do you go back? Or do you go Stanzi? If you go Stanzi then there really is no coming back. They would pretty much have to address the position. Piolio (I just made that up. He cripples your team like polio. Yes it is funny. **** you) may not be willing to man up and throw away the time/money incested (Yeah, I did that on purpose. I'm a funny guy) into Mark Asshole.

IMO if you bring Quinn out, its only a matter of time before he has to be replaced by Stanzi, and I don't think they're ready for that. It might be the only thing to save Crennell by claiming he is going with the young QB. Cassel is dead to me as he should be to the organization.

A Salt Weapon
10-04-2012, 05:31 PM

HA
Posted via Mobile Device