PDA

View Full Version : Football Pick a new team

lcarus
10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Let's say the Chiefs were obliterated and no longer existed. Then, by some kind of ridiculous hypothetical scenario, you were forced to be a fan of a new team. Who would it be?

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-03-2012, 06:42 PM
No can do.

DaFace
10-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Niners.

Lbedrock1
10-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I gotta go next state and be a Bears fan.

gblowfish
10-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I'll take the Duluth Eskimos.

KCtotheSB
10-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Whatever team Matt Cassel is on.

Flachief58
10-03-2012, 06:45 PM
I'd probably go with the Texans but it would take a long time to adjust to it & I'm not sure if I would ever have the same passion I feel for the Chiefs

Saulbadguy
Naw. Why bother?

BigMeatballDave
I'd just be a fan of the NFL.

jd1020
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I'd probably have to choose a more local team and since I'm in central IL it's the Rams, Bears, or Colts.

mlyonsd
I'd quit watching the NFL.

3rd&48ers
Ravens (if same scenario for Raiders)

lcarus
10-03-2012, 06:48 PM

In this made-up scenario, you are FORCED to pick only ONE new team to be a die hard fan of. We could even say you can pick one team to be BRAINWASHED to be a fan of.

I would choose to be brainwashed into a Philadelphia Eagles fan. I like watching their offense, I like the city of Philadelphia sorta kinda, and they have pretty cool uniforms and logo in my opinion.

Unsmooth-Moment
10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
I'd go GB.

lcarus
10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
I'd go GB.

Not a bad choice at all. I considered them. I also considered the Lions and Redskins.

dtebbe
10-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Atlanta, because I live here. BUT, Atlanta probably has the most retarded fans in the NFL..... :facepalm:

DT

Easy 6
10-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Apparently i'm a masochist, i'd take St. Louis... proximity, down there quite a bit, still think Bradford has a chance to be great & of course they could always use more hardcore fans.

Dayze

LMAO
I love this place

lcarus
Atlanta, because I live here. BUT, Atlanta probably has the most retarded fans in the NFL..... :facepalm:

DT

Really? What's so retarded about their fans? Are they just stupid as far as knowledge of the game? Fair weather fans? Or just annoying in some other way?

teedubya
My cousin played for the Packers in the 70s and 80s... and they are owned by the fans. That's who I'd root for.

OnTheWarpath58
10-03-2012, 06:52 PM
GB or Baltimore.

I've enjoyed watching both for a long time. Packers back to the days of early Favre and Baltimore back to the 1st year of Billick.

I'll take Baltimore.

lcarus
10-03-2012, 06:53 PM
LMAO
I love this place

I'll like it a lot more once Matt Cassel is gone from the Kansas City Chiefs and we have a real QBOTF. It'll be interesting to see how this place is when/if that ever happens. So much despair and heartache here. It'd be cool to see this place brimming with hope and glee.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Browns!!!

jd1020
10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Browns!!!

Lateral move FTW!!!

Dayze
10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Pitt. I hate every NFC team . Though I grew up liking the Browns as my second team. ...but fuck that now.

Tout I wouldnt be as passionate. Probably spend my football time with the NCAA

BoneKrusher
10-03-2012, 06:55 PM
i'd go with the New York Giants.
Bradshaw grew up down the street plus they have a Clutch QB.

rockymtnchief
Probably Green Bay. I'd have plenty of friends to tailgate with.

tredadda
Pittsburgh. I don't really hate them as a team and I highly respect how they are run as an organization. They have followed roughly the same model since the 70's and it has led to 6 SBs.

Pasta Giant Meatball
Lateral move FTW!!!

Twas the point

saphojunkie
Los Angeles.

lcarus
Pitt. I hate every NFC team . Though I grew up liking the Browns as my second team. ...but fuck that now.

Tout I wouldnt be as passionate. Probably spend my football time with the NCAA

Remember - you're brainwashed to be a mega fan of whatever team you choose if you are unable to muster up that kind of fanhood on your own.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
i'd go with the New York Giants.
Bradshaw grew up down the street plus they have a Clutch QB.

What is your av from LMAO

lcarus
10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
By the way...off-topic completely...but what happened to DarthCarlSatan? He get banned for somethin again? Is that like the 27th time that dude has been banned?

DJ's left nut
10-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Easy call - Rams.

saphojunkie
10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Apparently i'm a masochist, i'd take St. Louis... proximity, down there quite a bit, still think Bradford has a chance to be great & of course they could always use more hardcore fans.

St. Louis is about to be really good. Give it a year or two. They have to make up for Jason Smith sucking, and they need to get a legit wide receiver, but both of those things can happen in the draft this year, where they should have TWO top ten picks.

Legit coach - check.
Capable QB with talent - check.
young defensive talent - check.
Draft picks out the asshole? - checkity check checkers.

Rausch
10-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Steelers.

Blue collar attitude, strong defenses, fun to watch...

CoMoChief
Bears are my current 2nd team.

3rd&48ers
Niners.

I can see that

Chiefspants
10-03-2012, 07:00 PM
The Arizona Cardinals. My dad picked them (he never liked football) because he wanted a team that would lose reliably and that he never had to stress out about. (He hated how angry my mother and I become over the Skins and Chiefs.) And of course, two years later, they were in the super bowl. (Which was an absolutely incredible run, by the way.)

It doesn't hurt that Larry Fitzgerald is my favorite NFL player, he is the definition of class.

MahiMike
10-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Wow, I had seriously also thought about posting this one.

As a guy who has TWO bottom feeder teams already, I need to go with a winner. But I refuse to go with a seasoned winner because I hate all those teams and their fans for taking the easy way out. Therefore I choose to go with an up and comer - the Baltimore Ravens. They also happened to be my super bowl pick too...

New World Order
10-03-2012, 07:01 PM
I grew up in Houston so I could root for them I suppose, even if the Texans were not there at that time.

Texans or Seattle.

SnakeXJones
10-03-2012, 07:01 PM
I would say none fuck it and watch Sporting KC

Lonewolf Ed
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I am half Danish, so I suppose the Vikings. Valhalllllllaaaaa!!

lcarus
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
St. Louis is about to be really good. Give it a year or two. They have to make up for Jason Smith sucking, and they need to get a legit wide receiver, but both of those things can happen in the draft this year, where they should have TWO top ten picks.

Legit coach - check.
Capable QB with talent - check.
young defensive talent - check.
Draft picks out the asshole? - checkity check checkers.

I like Amendola a lot. I'm not a Sam Bradford fan though. I hate OU. My dad loves em and thinks Bradford is the next Joe frickin Montana. He thinks every player from OU is the next Joe Montana or Jerry Rice or whatever position.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bradford will get better and be a pretty good QB at some point. I just don't like him.

Pablo
10-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Chicago is close enough that I could drive to a game a year; and I'd at least know a couple of guys I could talk Bears football with.

And of course they're a franchise that at least tries to be competitive.

lcarus
10-03-2012, 07:04 PM
I would say none fuck it and watch Sporting KC

Have it your way then. Death!!......by exile!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/213/6/2/death____by_exile__by_shazammize-d59hqed.jpg

saphojunkie
I like Amendola a lot. I'm not a Sam Bradford fan though. I hate OU. My dad loves em and thinks Bradford is the next Joe frickin Montana. He thinks every player from OU is the next Joe Montana or Jerry Rice or whatever position.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bradford will get better and be a pretty good QB at some point. I just don't like him.

He's accurate. He has arm strength. With Fischer there, he should be an excellent game manager. Steven Jackson is NOT old, despite the common misconception otherwise.

Amendola is great. They just need a Justin Hunter to pair with him.

lcarus
Chicago is close enough that I could drive to a game a year; and I'd at least know a couple of guys I could talk Bears football with.

And of course they're a franchise that at least tries to be competitive.

Plus you've always got the classic Bears skits from SNL...

lcarus
10-03-2012, 07:05 PM
He's accurate. He has arm strength. With Fischer there, he should be an excellent game manager. Steven Jackson is NOT old, despite the common misconception otherwise.

Amendola is great. They just need a Justin Hunter to pair with him.

What's up with that Quick guy they drafted at WR? Was he a first rounder? Did he get hurt or something? I haven't paid any attention to the Rams at all this year so far.

BoneKrusher
10-03-2012, 07:06 PM
What is your av from LMAO

No Country For Old Men featuring Matty of course. :D

saphojunkie
Have it your way then. Death!!......by exile!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/213/6/2/death____by_exile__by_shazammize-d59hqed.jpg

Not to get off topic, but this movie sucked. I LOVE that it's cold enough for the river to freeze, and people are walking around in shirts and light jackets.

Batman doesn't like guns because it's too easy to shoot holes in his plot.

TEX
TEXANS!
After all, the Chiefs were once Texans...The Texans are a complete team. They're very humble and fun to watch.

Three7s
I would have to go with the Vikings. They remind me the most of those old Chiefs teams from the 90s. The Texans would be a close 2nd.

lcarus
10-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Not to get off topic, but this movie sucked. I LOVE that it's cold enough for the river to freeze, and people are walking around in shirts and light jackets.

Batman doesn't like guns because it's too easy to shoot holes in his plot.

LMAO I loved it. I'm a giant Batman nerd though. Sure it's got a lot of shit that doesn't make any sense, but fuck it. It was entertaining.

I liked The Dark Knight and Batman Begins more though.

whoman69
10-03-2012, 07:08 PM

He might be able to get a job in the Arena League.

saphojunkie
10-03-2012, 07:09 PM
What's up with that Quick guy they drafted at WR? Was he a first rounder? Did he get hurt or something? I haven't paid any attention to the Rams at all this year so far.

No, he just is really struggling. He was a DNPCD last week.

I think they were planning on getting Blackmon at #6, and when Jacksonville leapfrogged them, they said "screw it" and traded down to 14. The irony being that, if they had known they were trading that far down, they would have probably listened to offers from KC for the #2 pick.

But all reports were that they wouldn't trade out of the top 10 for fear of missing out on Blackmon.

lcarus
10-03-2012, 07:09 PM
He might be able to get a job in the Arena League.

He could toss up a 78 QB rating for the Toledo Mud Hens.

whoman69
10-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Haven't Hunt and Pioli already obliterated the team?

lcarus
10-03-2012, 07:10 PM
No, he just is really struggling. He was a DNPCD last week.

I think they were planning on getting Blackmon at #6, and when Jacksonville leapfrogged them, they said "screw it" and traded down to 14. The irony being that, if they had known they were trading that far down, they would have probably listened to offers from KC for the #2 pick.

But all reports were that they wouldn't trade out of the top 10 for fear of missing out on Blackmon.

Ahh, I see. I didn't know anything about the guy whatsoever, but I just assumed a guy playing wide receiver with the last name Quick would be ungodly. I'm stupid like that.

Simplicity
10-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Whatever Los Angeles chooses as their team.

Rain Man
10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
I could not possibly root for another AFC team. I'd have to go NFC. I went with the Falcons on a lark, not reading that the thread and thinking it was for this year. But if it was a permanent thing, I'd probably go with either the Saints or the Bears. Probably the Saints.

Oh, and screw the Broncos.

lcarus
10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Matt Cassel has been named the starting quarterback for your TOLEDO MUD HENS!

..............even though they're a Triple A minor league baseball team. So...you know...it doesn't make sense that they'd have a quarterback. Because they're a baseball team. But still......

THE FUCKING TOLEDO MUD HENS BITCH! MATT CASSEL!

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/36/937/full/794wsl5qbo9qicg4hvj19nbt3.gif

Jive Ass
10-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I'd be a Cardinals fan, no question. I've always had a soft spot for them, and hey, they're 4-0! I'd say I pay attention to them the most behind the Chiefs.

CousinEddie
10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
49ers. I was actually a fan when I was young and only gained traction on the Chiefs when I moved back here.

lcarus
Oh, and screw the Broncos.

When my brother and I were little kids, I'd say I was 10 and he was 7 years old, he was a Denver Broncos "fan". Only because he had this gay little stuffed Tasmanian Devil that had a Broncos jersey and helmet. Plus everyone in our family cheered for the Chiefs obviously, and he wanted to go against the grain. Oh man...when Stoyanovich nailed that 55 yarder to win and when Joe Montana connected with Willie Davis on MNF we all went nuts and that little bitch cried and cried.

Here's the happy ending though. I literally BEAT the Denver Broncos OUT of him. He's now a die hard Chiefs fan and has been for years.

New World Order
Casshole will be a back up for the Kansas City Command.

lcarus
10-03-2012, 07:18 PM
49ers and Cardinals are in the lead.

oRYMANo
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I pretty quit watching all nfl from 07-09 cause of chiefs suckage. I'm more of a college fan now, but Ive been routing for the Bears lately. Probably like them 2nd to the Chiefs. Like others have stated losing no longer bothers me. I used to turn off the tv when Kc is getting blown out. I just watch it now days just to see the train wreck escalate.

Von Dumbass
10-03-2012, 07:23 PM
I'd probably go with the Texans but it would take a long time to adjust to it & I'm not sure if I would ever have the same passion I feel for the Chiefs
Why not just root for the Broncos then? The Texans are just a Denver Broncos knockoff anyways.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Why not just root for the Broncos then? The Texans are just a Denver Broncos knockoff anyways.

Don't you even LMAO

JoeyChuckles
10-03-2012, 07:24 PM
I think a lot of Chiefs fans live or have lived in AZ. That's why I would say Cardinals too, having just moved back from there.

saphojunkie
10-03-2012, 07:25 PM
49ers and Cardinals are in the lead.

Needed an LA option.

Flachief58

Fuck You, that's why

ThaVirus

Same here.

Thank God I already am a huge NFL fan. Otherwise I'd have offed myself years ago.

Otter
10-03-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm a Kevin Kolb fan, Cardinals.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-03-2012, 07:33 PM
I like the Ravens and Saints as it is. I voted Ravens. I don't care what anything thinks of that.

:)

Big Chief Homer
10-03-2012, 07:34 PM
My dad was a Giants fan and my wifes a Titans fan so I would probably go with those 2, but I really wouldnt be that into it.

listopencil
10-03-2012, 07:36 PM
The Packers have always been the only other NFL team I was interested in.

A Salt Weapon
10-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Nope, NFL would mean nothing to me
Posted via Mobile Device

hometeam
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM
WHO PICKED BRONCOS!!?

:Lin:Raiduhs

Frazod
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Chicago. They're already my red-headed stepteam. Even though I despise Cutler.

tredadda
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
I would have to go with the Vikings. They remind me the most of those old Chiefs teams from the 90s. The Texans would be a close 2nd.

Except they are starting a first round QB that they drafted.

rico
10-03-2012, 07:51 PM
It was down to St. Louis and Pittsburgh for me. I chose St. Louis, but it would all depend on how much sex I was having at the time to be honest.

St. Louis because the St. Louis Cardinals are the reason I am a Chiefs fan to begin with...my dad was a die-hard Cards fan and raised me as one and also pointed out the utter idiocy and delusions of the Cubs fan base. My dad also happened to be a Bears fan, but wasn't as passionate about them as he was the Cardinals. I started noticing at around 7-8 years of age that the same dumbass Cubs fans that I bickered with at school, were Bears fans. These were my enemies and I could not root for the same team as them. Therefore, I became a Chiefs fan and have been hardcore since. Along with this, I love the city of St. Louis.

My fiancee is a die-hard Steelers fan. I actually brought this topic up a couple weeks ago to her... said something along the lines of "if the Chiefs organization ended up in Los Angeles or ceased to exist, I'd probably become a..." She interrupted me and said, "you would become a STEELERS fan." I responded with, "well, I was thinking Rams, but..." She interrupted me again and said, "I listen to all your shit about the Chiefs and sit through their games watching Matt Cassel trot around like a clueless idiot... let's just say that it doesn't seem fair to me that I actually have gotten to the point where I know more about the Chiefs than my beloved Steelers because of you and if you wanted to get laid more, you would be a Steelers fan. End of story." I thought she had a point.

I would call her bluff though...she can't resist me. :) So I chose the Rams. And there is just something about "Pittsburgh" and the "Steelers" that I just can't imagine myself getting into...don't know what it is....maybe I have a soft spot for losers... Well, nevermind. I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan, so that can't be it. I think it's because I hated the early 90's Pittsburgh Pirates teams.

dj56dt58
10-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Matt Cassel has been named the starting quarterback for your TOLEDO MUD HENS!

..............even though they're a Triple A minor league baseball team. So...you know...it doesn't make sense that they'd have a quarterback. Because they're a baseball team. But still......

THE ****ING TOLEDO MUD HENS BITCH! MATT CASSEL!

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/36/937/full/794wsl5qbo9qicg4hvj19nbt3.gif
Matt actually played baseball..shortstop..but got cut because he kept under throwing first base

eventually he said fuck it and just started throwing into centerfield for no apparent reason

Bump
10-03-2012, 08:09 PM
it would have to come naturally, I couldn't just pick a team and start following it and being a fan all of the sudden. Say I'm stuck here in Boston forever, maybe in 10 years I'll naturally become a Pats fan. But I'm thinking no.

Rain Man
10-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Chicago. They're already my red-headed stepteam. Even though I despise Cutler.

It actually makes for a good transition.

Love Chiefs
Love Chiefs, hate quarterback
Love other team, hate quarterback
Love other team

Frazod
10-03-2012, 08:14 PM
I tried to like the Rams - just couldn't do it. Even after they won the Super Bowl, I just could not make myself give a crap about them. Doesn't matter that I like the baseball Cardinals - I rooted for the Cards as a child, and when I was a child the Rams were in LA. And of course now that that Okie fuckwad Bradford is their quarterback, I hate them. I was at the Bears/Rams game in Chicago a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed watching the Bears stomp the shit out of them.

Frazod
10-03-2012, 08:16 PM
It actually makes for a good transition.

Love Chiefs
Love Chiefs, hate quarterback
Love other team, hate quarterback
Love other team

It's mainly that I've lived up here for 25 years, and they aren't a direct rival to the Chiefs. Makes my friends happy when they win, so I'm good with it. I'm certainly not passionate about it, though.

sd4chiefs
10-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Whoever is playing the Chargers.

chefsos
10-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Be advised that any team any of us infects is gonna be promptly destroyed.

I guess I'd go with Baltimore.

dtebbe
10-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Really? What's so retarded about their fans? Are they just stupid as far as knowledge of the game? Fair weather fans? Or just annoying in some other way?

Yes on knowledge, fair weather for sure, and they just have no clue. For example the other night their offense is 3rd and goal on the 2 yard line and the fans are screaming like their defense is on the field..

DT

Sofa King
10-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey now. I've had this Aaron Rodgers avatar for weeks now. Anyone who said Packer,s is just a bandwagon fan. You guys haven't been a fan as long as I have.

Pestilence
10-03-2012, 08:52 PM
49ers. I grew up a 9ers fan and switched over with Montana. Plus its the closest team to where I live now.....so I'd be able to buy season tickets and go to games.

Sofa King
10-03-2012, 08:57 PM
49ers. I grew up a 9ers fan and switched over with Montana. Plus its the closest team to where I live now.....so I'd be able to buy season tickets and go to games.

Wow. Sucks to be you. Sorry about your loss (es).

lewdog
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Cardiac Cardinals here!

|Zach|
10-03-2012, 09:05 PM
I may be down on my Chiefs but I could never for a second support another NFL team. I love Kansas City.

ChiefsCountry
10-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Packers, Rams, or Titans.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-03-2012, 09:12 PM
I may be down on my Chiefs but I could never for a second support another NFL team. I love Kansas City.

You're such a badass.

|Zach|
10-03-2012, 09:13 PM
You're such a badass.

Just saying I am tied to the city. Any team not associated with it can get fucked.

Psyko Tek
10-03-2012, 09:17 PM
I live in AZ
so...

BWillie
10-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Wow I was the only one who picked the Cowboys?

Von Dumbass
10-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Why are there so many votes for the 49ers? Do they remind Chiefs fans of the 90's Chiefs or something?

|Zach|
10-03-2012, 09:40 PM

Of course you would.

lewdog
10-03-2012, 09:41 PM

You must be unaware of the definition of "hypothetical" where you are forced to choose a new team like the OP suggested?

RunKC
10-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Packers. Great franchise with a great history and stadium.

I can't believe that some of you voted for the Ravens. Ray Lewis should be in jail and fuck Art Modell for what he did to Cleveland, even if it is Cleveland.

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Yep, and you're the only one who's getting neg repped in this thread.

|Zach|
10-03-2012, 09:49 PM
You must be unaware of the definition of "hypothetical" where you are forced to choose a new team like the OP suggested?

Nevahhhh

lewdog
10-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Nevahhhh

Pick a god damn team or get the fuck out!!!!

|Zach|
10-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Pick a god damn team or get the **** out!!!!

I think you need a hug.

Chiefnj2
10-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't need the Chiefs to be obliterated. I'm on the Seahawks bandwagon this year. Pioli sucked the life out of me. I watch KC similar to how I pause to watch an accident or pay the extra 5 bucks to see a pickled punk at a circus sideshow.

lewdog
10-03-2012, 10:11 PM
I think you need a hug.

The internet is the only place I get to act tough.

:huh:

SNR
10-03-2012, 10:27 PM
All my favorite teams suck.

Kansas City Chiefs
Minnesota Timberwolves
Wisconsin Badgers

I guess the Kansas Jayhawks are the closest thing I'll ever sniff to a national championship.

Sign me up for the Packers. They're my 2nd favorite team anyway.

Priest31kc
10-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I want to go with the Falcons since I lived in Atlanta for awhile, but their stadium sucks.

Falcons or Packers.

WakkaWakka
10-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Whichever team Geno Smith goes to :D

Cannibal
10-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Pick a god damn team or get the **** out!!!!

LMAO

|Zach|
10-03-2012, 10:54 PM
The internet is the only place I get to act tough.

:huh:

We all have our moments.

PRIEST
10-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Back to the steelers, if i must pick another .

T-post Tom
10-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Just can't do it. It'd be Lingerie football for me.

http://stbjp.msn.com/i/7F/8692C253EBE105EA6E4402196556.jpg

RunKC
10-03-2012, 11:17 PM
I admit. I love what Seattle has set up. Their fans are on par with ours for best in the NFL and their stadium gets loud as hell too. Some may not like their uni's but I think they are okay.

Only problem is they blow just as much as we do and Carroll is a POS.

clyde05
10-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Whichever team Geno Smith goes to :D

This unless its the Raiders, Broncos or Chargers

ZepSinger
10-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Tampa Bay, only because I'm planning on moving to that area within a couple of years...

Steron
10-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Probably the Panthers since they would be the closest team to me.

Flachief58
10-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Tampa Bay, only because I'm planning on moving to that area within a couple of years...

Good luck with that. The Yucks are a carbon copy of our sorry ass Chiefs

jd1020
10-04-2012, 06:51 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb87tsxvxF1rsotjjo2_400.gif

3rd&48ers
10-04-2012, 08:18 AM
All my favorite teams suck.

Kansas City Chiefs
Minnesota Timberwolves
Wisconsin Badgers

I guess the Kansas Jayhawks are the closest thing I'll ever sniff to a national championship.

Sign me up for the Packers. They're my 2nd favorite team anyway.

It's gonna make it that much sweeter for you if it ever happens....

3rd&48ers
10-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Probably the Panthers since they would be the closest team to me.
Where are you at in Virginia?

MahiMike
10-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Surprised Seattle's not getting many votes. A stadium as loud as Arrowhead used to be, cool uni's and Russell Wilson.

Predarat
10-04-2012, 09:10 AM
The stupid ass horrible Tennessee Titans because I deserve more suffering.

Discuss Thrower
10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I picked the Viqueens, I think I could pull it off.

suds79
10-04-2012, 09:27 AM
I picked the Viqueens, I think I could pull it off.

That switch wouldn't be too hard for me either. They're always on the Fox channel for me.

That's a big factor.

jd1020
10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Surprised Seattle's not getting many votes. A stadium as loud as Arrowhead used to be, cool uni's and Russell Wilson.

Russell Wilson... lol. You mean the guy who was over hyped in preseason and is playing horrible and closer to losing his starting position than Cassel?

Molitoth
10-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Detroit Lions (Been a fan since Barry Sanders was drafted)

I can root for the Colts because I like Andrew Luck.

beach tribe
10-04-2012, 09:51 AM
WHO PICKED BRONCOS!!?

:Lin:Raiduhs

Fisty!!!???

Show us how the tat turned out!!

beach tribe
10-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Hometown team....Titans.

lcarus
10-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Is it just me or does Jay Cutler have the most punchable face in the history of faces.

Sofa King
10-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Is it just me or does Jay Cutler have the most punchable face in the history of faces.

it's right up there, that's for sure.

Old Dog
10-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Classic uniforms, knowledgeable, passionate fanbase, small market team........guess I would be forced to go with Green Bay

Steron
10-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Where are you at in Virginia?

A little place called Victoria. Literally a one stop light town. We're about an hour SW from Richmond.

Frosty
10-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Atlanta and Seattle are already my NFC teams, so I would just get more serious about one of them. I already watch all of the Falcons games because of Quizz but I would probably go with Seattle since they are the local team. Might even make it over for a game or two.

If I didn't ever want to pay for Sunday Ticket, I could go with Denver. :Lin:

3rd&48ers
10-04-2012, 12:09 PM
A little place called Victoria. Literally a one stop light town. We're about an hour SW from Richmond.

I have never been to Victoria but I have been all up 85 up thru there...

jsanara
10-04-2012, 12:19 PM
i'll root for the team Matt Cassell plays. guaranteed insanity.

SubGod22
10-04-2012, 12:35 PM
I'd give up football. No other team intrigues me at all and there's no player out there that could draw me into another team. That's only happened once with Barry Sanders. He's gone. So if this scenario played out, I'd stop watching. Sadly, the current product isn't much better than the scenario in the OP.

DaWolf
10-04-2012, 12:45 PM
It would be like basketball. I'd watch, but all my passion would be gone. I really couldn't pick a team. I've tried in basketball and hockey, but my passion around sports really revolves around the team I grew up with, so I can't generate fake passion. I will never feel closely connected to teams outside of KC, because that's the town I grew up in and established an identity with.

That said, if you forced me, it would be the Niners, because I grew up rooting for Montana and I could continue to hate the Raiders...

teedubya
10-04-2012, 12:46 PM

I'd like to change my pick to whichever team that she plays for.

Graystoke
10-04-2012, 12:48 PM
No Gaz option? I think its AFC?

Nah I voted the Dirty Birds of Baltimore. I like their uniforms.

3rd&48ers
10-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I'd give up football. No other team intrigues me at all and there's no player out there that could draw me into another team. That's only happened once with Barry Sanders. He's gone. So if this scenario played out, I'd stop watching. Sadly, the current product isn't much better than the scenario in the OP.

Yea, Whatever n00b

FD
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Easy, Redskins. Lived in DC for 5 or 6 years until recently, and I freaking loved RG3 coming out of college.

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd quit watching the NFL.This. I just can't bring myself to give a shit about another NFL team.

Deberg_1990
10-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Easy. Raiders

3rd&48ers
10-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Easy. Raiders

I knew it

The Iron Chief
10-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Here in NY I'm harassed a sh!t load from my Bill fan buddies, not to mention Giant/Jets fans.
I go to a few Bills games each season just for the fun laughs/tailgate.

I have two boys so the common thing they toss in my face is..
Soo if you convert to a Bills fan you can bring your boys to actually see your Team!!!(3 hours drive).. how often are you going to go to Arrowhead(22 hour drive)?!?
You can even watch them on the TV instead of fumbling for a stream.
And yes I always go to Jets/Giants/Bills when the Chiefs come to town.

Do it for your boys if not yourself they say... I pretty much tell them to F off.

I just figure eventually were due and the Chiefs will one day rise to the top and 30+ yrs of torture will be behind me as we bask in the sun.

But if I had to in bizzaro world I suppose the Bills would be the choice.

TEX
10-04-2012, 03:49 PM
TEXANS!

After all the Chiefs were Texans before they were Chiefs...:hmmm:

Seriously, the Texans are fun to watch.They're well coached and very humble. They're fresh as they're new to the "good team club." IMO, they're the most complete team in the league.

GO TEXANS! :thumb:

warpaint*
10-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't care.