PDA

View Full Version : Poop Congressional "scientist" notes that evolution is from the "pit of hell"

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Dude is the chair of the House Science Committee's panel on investigations and oversight. LOL

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/05/14203607-video-shows-scientist-in-congress-saying-evolution-is-from-pit-of-hell?lite

U.S. Rep. Paul Broun's view that the theories of evolution and the big bang are "lies straight from the pit of Hell" is getting more exposure than he might have expected, thanks to a video that was made at a church-sponsored banquet in Georgia and distributed by a progressive political watchdog group.

The Georgia Republican is already well-known as an outspoken conservative Christian, due in part to his unsuccessful campaign to have 2010 declared "the Year of the Bible."

But the latest comments have taken on an extra dab of controversy because Broun, a medical doctor, calls himself a scientist in the video and chairs the House Science Committee's panel on investigations and oversight.

The video clip, distributed by the Bridge Project, was taken from a longer version recorded on Sept. 27 during the 2012 Sportsman's Banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Ga. Here's a transcript of the Bridge Project's snippet:

"God's word is true. I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the big bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell. And it's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior. You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I've found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I don't believe that the earth's but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That's what the Bible says.
"And what I've come to learn is that it's the manufacturer's handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually, how to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all of public policy and everything in society. And that's the reason as your congressman I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I'll continue to do that."

Broun's comments were greeted with applause, and they probably reflect how a lot of his constituents feel about the same issues. He's assured of re-election in any case, due to the fact that he has no Democratic Party challenger in next month's election. But how will Broun's latest pronouncements play out on a national stage? Will they have any effect on the presidential campaign?

Fish
10-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Good grief... that's pathetic and sad.

I often ponder what it would be like if scientists were running the country instead of idiot politicians. How did we ever arrive at having the most dishonest people running the country, instead of the smartest? It doesn't make any sense.

stevieray
10-06-2012, 12:17 PM
:clap:

suzzer99
10-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Say what you will about Democrats, at least they don't have to cater to idiots like this to keep from getting wafflecrushed in every election. You just have to wonder how long the fragile coalition of neocons, fiscal conservatives, racists, frustrated white dudes and religious wingnuts is going to hold together.

It's also terrifying to think will happen if guys like Todd Akin and Paul Broun ever held a majority of the positions of power. All strip clubs might become swimsuit only, oh wait…

cosmo20002
10-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Every few weeks there is a thread about "Why are you a D/R?" This here is a big reason I'm not an R.

Fish
10-06-2012, 01:39 PM
You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I've found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I don't believe that the earth's but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That's what the Bible says.

That's simply laughable. There are so many differing independent methods for calculating the age of the Earth that it's just absurd people would hang on to these old superstitions from days gone by.

Anyone interested in further reading on this topic should check out this page: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-age-of-earth.html

There's info there on theories from both sides. Decide for yourself..

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 01:40 PM
:clap:

QFT and yet so obvious to those with any inkling of spirituality.

stevieray
10-06-2012, 01:43 PM

I can understand why some would think it's taken millions of years while looking out into space...but since space is FINITE, it's easy to see from looking in that this planet is only 6000 years old.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 01:46 PM
I can understand why some would think it's taken millions of years while looking out into space...but since space is FINITE, it's easy to see from looking in that this planet is only 6000 years old.

Anytime a theory doesn't work out they just add a few billion years, what are we going to do? Pull up the video?

Fish
10-06-2012, 01:46 PM

A clapping smiley quoted for truth? Really?

And don't confuse spirituality with religiosity... they can be very different things..

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 01:47 PM
A clapping smiley quoted for truth? Really?

And don't confuse spirituality with religiosity... they can be very different things..

in agreement yes, please explain the 2nd part?

Fish
10-06-2012, 01:54 PM
in agreement yes, please explain the 2nd part?

They are not the same thing. One can be deeply spiritual without any belief in a Christian God.

To equate spirituality with religion, or even to associate spirituality with any religion is a contradiction. They are diametrically opposed, even as concepts.

Spirituality is quite different from piety, which is simply obeying the religious rules, which is again quite different from "piousness", which is essentially faking piety: we will pretend to piety, give the outward signs, and either hope to induce or enforce the acceptance of the obvious lie.

Spirituality is not a thing or state, it is a process, while religion is a fixed set of answers to a fixed set of questions that have been artificially created, and usually for political purposes of control.

Science, most reviled by organized religion for many centuries, is an essentially spiritual quest. It also, is not a static thing, but a process, a simple fact of its existence that somehow eludes the preponderantly ill informed.

Bump
10-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I saw this and these are people elected to run office? JFC, stupidity reigns supreme.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 01:56 PM
They are not the same thing. One can be deeply spiritual without any belief in a Christian God.

Yes, we were designed having spirituality in place...Thank you.

Bump
10-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Good grief... that's pathetic and sad.

I often ponder what it would be like if scientists were running the country instead of idiot politicians. How did we ever arrive at having the most dishonest people running the country, instead of the smartest? It doesn't make any sense.

things would be a lot better, that's for sure.

Fish
10-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes, we were designed having spirituality in place...Thank you.

Ummm.. That is not the "Gotcha" that you think it was.......

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Ummm.. That is not the "Gotcha" that you think it was.......

Designed i said...so?

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:05 PM
things would be a lot better, that's for sure.

signed eugenics.

Ebolapox
10-06-2012, 02:06 PM
wow. just wow. I'm quite serious when I say that an asteroid destroying our species wouldn't hurt my feelings. it is times like this that it's way too damned depressing, realizing that my fellow man (a TON of them) are just almost too stupid to live.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:07 PM
wow. just wow. I'm quite serious when I say that an asteroid destroying our species wouldn't hurt my feelings. it is times like this that it's way too damned depressing, realizing that my fellow man (a TON of them) are just almost too stupid to live.

How spiritual of you, why do you hate?

Fish
10-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Designed i said...so?

So.... we were not "Designed" for anything. Which is why so many people never reach any type of spirituality at all. And that's a fairly typical mindset..

•44% told the 2011 Baylor University Religion Survey they spend no time seeking "eternal wisdom," and 19% said "it's useless to search for meaning."
•46% told a 2011 survey by Nashville-based evangelical research agency, LifeWay Research, they never wonder whether they will go to heaven.
•28% told LifeWay "it's not a major priority in my life to find my deeper purpose." And 18% scoffed at the idea that God has a purpose or plan for everyone.
•6.3% of Americans turned up on Pew Forum's 2007 Religious Landscape Survey as totally secular — unconnected to God or a higher power or any religious identity and willing to say religion is not important in their lives.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2011-12-25/religion-god-atheism-so-what/52195274/1

So if spirituality is "Designed" into us, as you say, it's odd that nearly half of the population disagrees with that.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:12 PM
So.... we were not "Designed" for anything. Which is why so many people never reach any type of spirituality at all. And that's a fairly typical mindset..

So if spirituality is "Designed" into us, as you say, it's odd that nearly half of the population disagrees with that.

Laziness, inability to understand what you are feeling so it's easier to simply ignore it.

Ebolapox
10-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Laziness, inability to understand what you are feeling so it's easier to simply ignore it.

that's some shitty designing. how omnipotent was this father figure in the sky again?

Brainiac
10-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Laziness, inability to understand scientific evidence so it's easier to simply deny it.
Fixed YOUR post.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Fixed YOUR post.

Fixed only in your obtuse thinking.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:18 PM
that's some shitty designing. how omnipotent was this father figure in the sky again?

I feel the hate, keep it coming.

Bump
10-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Can't understand science? Try religion!!

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Can't understand science? Try religion!!

No thanks, I'll take GOD and science..they go hand in hand or at least should if we weren't such lieing ungrateful bastards. You can keep religion, as it's going strong in evolution. ;)

Fish
10-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Laziness, inability to understand

Yes, that's a big part for sure...... but probably not the way you intended...

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Yes, that's a big part for sure...... but probably not the way you intended...

sure it is..if only you had the faith of a grain of mustard seed...you too could move mountains. ;)

Ebolapox
10-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I feel the hate, keep it coming.

what hate? more apathy and sadness that people like you exist, but no real hate. I find it kind of sad that your level of ignorance even exists.

Ebolapox
10-06-2012, 02:30 PM
sure it is..if only you had the faith of a grain of mustard seed...you too could move mountains. ;)

so, dude, when's the last time you moved a mountain?

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:31 PM
so, dude, when's the last time you moved a mountain?

Allegorically? often.

Fish
10-06-2012, 02:31 PM

I did once. Until I became more educated and experienced the world for myself and made my own decisions. You would probably be shocked to see the religiosity of the family I came from. Faith wasn't enough for me.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:32 PM
what hate? more apathy and sadness that people like you exist, but no real hate. I find it kind of sad that your level of ignorance even exists.

No it comes off as quite hateful, don't taze me bro.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:32 PM
I did once. Until I became more educated and experienced the world for myself and made my own decisions. You would probably be shocked to see the religiosity of the family I came from. Faith wasn't enough for me.

I'm not a fan of religion, now faith in the one true GOD is something else completely. Do you still keep in touch? What sect do you originate?

Ebolapox
10-06-2012, 02:33 PM

agreed--my dad and grandpa were/are both pentecostal ministers. I'm clearly not.

Ebolapox
10-06-2012, 02:35 PM
No it comes off as quite hateful, don't taze me bro.

well, then, it's clear to me that you clearly lack both logic AND the ability to detect any sense of human emotion one way or the other. the feeling of hatred you feel would point one toward either an inferiority complex or a reflection of your own feelings that you're projecting--

either way, have fun playing pin the emotion on the random person. you'll be wrong in this instance, but go ahead freud!

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:36 PM
agreed--my dad and grandpa were/are both pentecostal ministers. I'm clearly not.

I see now, that happens quite frequently.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:36 PM
well, then, it's clear to me that you clearly lack both logic AND the ability to detect any sense of human emotion one way or the other. the feeling of hatred you feel would point one toward either an inferiority complex or a reflection of your own feelings that you're projecting--

either way, have fun playing pin the emotion on the random person. you'll be wrong in this instance, but go ahead freud!

Freud? lolz

This is helping, let it flow.

Ebolapox
10-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Freud? lolz

This is helping, let it flow.

ROFL

you're one or two pics of large black women away from being pawnmower.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 02:39 PM
ROFL

you're one or two pics of large black women away from being pawnmower.

laughter helps, tell me about your problems h5n1....

Reaper16
10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Allegorically? often.

Metaphorically.

CoMoChief
10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
There's nothing wrong w/ having christian like values and morals.....but religion as a whole is completely and 100% bullshit.

Bump
10-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Do you guys wanna hear what turned me off of religion? It wasn't knowledge and science. It's simply being around religious people and having close encounters with them.

I was 14 years old, a young teen without a clue but I had faith and loved God and Jesus and was off to a week long church camp in Augusta, KS. I was excited for this, I've never been to any sort of camp and the brochure that the preacher man that my friend knew showed us looked like it would be a great time.

Well we get there, lots of chicks my age that I never seen before, cool. A lake with a big floatie thing that people jump on to launch someone else in the air, awesome.

First impressions aren't everything though. They didn't tell us about how they intended to brainwash us and use torture tactics.

Every single day we were forced to stay up and socialize until 1am. Then you go to the bathroom to brush your teeth and get ready for bed. Then all of the sudden it's 2am and we hit our bunk to try and sleep. Of course everyone is being a holes and not letting anyone sleep until at least 3 am.

6 am comes and DING DING DING DING DING, everybody wake up and get ready for church!

7am - 5 pm. Church session, watching people have fake seizures that never fooled me, I saw many people my age have religious induced seizures from the power of God. I kept asking myself, why don't I feel like that? I just feel tired. at noon we got a lunch break, boy were we starving with no breakfast!

Then at 12:30 - 5pm, sit there and listen to the preacher about bullshit. I was pretty skeptical about everything he said. At the time, I liked country music and he told us that if you like country music you will go to hell, because you feel like an old pair of shoes or some shit.

Well that was a rough day 2, so tired from no sleep. But we weren't allowed to go back to the cabin to sleep. We must keep going on until 1am. A few activities and crappy food in between.

Day 3 comes and I am tired as hell. Same thing as the night before, forced to stay up till 2am and wake up at 6am to get ready for another 7am -5pm church session with a lunch break.

Well this time I did the unthinkable. I was about 2 hours into the preachers words and it was about 9am. I looked at my watch, **** 8 hours to go! So another girl had a religious seizure and it was a dramatic one. I knew that was my chance to sneak out of there and get back to the cabin to get some much needed sleep. I made a run for it.

So I'm comfy in the cabin all by myself, sleeping when this 30 something counselor guy looks in through the window and screams HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?

He comes storming in the cabin and grabs me by the arm and walks me into the woods about 20 feet. Its just me and him. I'll never forget the words he said

"DO YOU WANT TO GO TO HELL?" I said "no, I'm just tired, I'm not bothering anybody"

Then he acts all tough like he's going to hit me and I was pretty scared, I'm not gonna lie. Then he threatens to call my parents and have them drive up here and take me back home and I said "YES! DO THAT PLEASE! This sucks!"

He looked at me funny, because that wasn't what he expected me to say. Then threw me back in the church session.

After that I was pretty pissed and was like "**** you and **** your god. I hate this"

never went to another church again except once when a GF dragged me to one and a few funerals.

Reaper16
10-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Not worth starting a new thread over, but here's another bit of stupidity from an elected official today: http://gawker.com/5949544/arkansas-state-rep-slavery-may-actually-have-been-a-blessing-in-disguise-for-blacks

The institution of slavery that the black race has long believed to be an abomination upon its people may actually have been a blessing in disguise. The blacks who could endure those conditions and circumstances would someday be rewarded with citizenship in the greatest nation ever established upon the face of the Earth.

suzzer99
10-06-2012, 03:43 PM
There's no reason you can't believe in God and science at the same time. But to deny the Big Bang and claim the earth is 6000 years old is just ignorant. You're no different than the Catholic Church punishing Galileo for proclaiming your earth rotated around the sun, or the flat-earth society.

bandwagonjumper
10-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Its probably discussed before but if god created the earth who created god? As I get older the more of an atheist I become. I wish I could believe more in god and an afterlife. It would be very comforting but its just seems so irrational.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Not sure how anyone could possibly applaud this.

I'd say the same thing if he were trashing the Creation theory.

I'm Agnostic.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2012, 04:21 PM

6000 yrs.

Okay.

LMAO

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2012, 04:27 PM
This is the side of Republican I loathe.

Keep your fucking religion to yourself.

Fish
10-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm not a fan of religion, now faith in the one true GOD is something else completely. Do you still keep in touch? What sect do you originate?

I don't see much difference in the two. Every religion swears they have the one true God.

I grew up straight country Christian. Great GF was a preacher. Did the works. Sunday school and church every week, VBS, camp, weekly Fellowship, etc. but I was too inquisitive. "God did it" was never satisfying enough for my questions. Teachers got frustrated trying to answer my questions. The older I got, the more I questioned. Which was my undoing. I couldn't accept a lifestyle that required belief in illogical things with zero evidence. Science allowed, and actually required me to question everything about my existence. Religion discouraged that.

Bump
10-06-2012, 05:02 PM
This is the side of Republican I loathe.

Keep your ****ing religion to yourself.

ya but I picture the majority of the American people watching this guy speak and after he spews this ignorant bullshit about evolution is from the pit of hell, most people are probably like "Yes Sir! AMEN BROTHER! OH IN GOD WE PRAY!" as their fat asses sit on their lazyboy eating doritos and telling themselves they are fat because God wants them to be.

I don't know if that's the case, but that's how I picture it.

stevieray
10-06-2012, 05:02 PM
1 Thank God for the First Amendment, this thread helps illustrate the need to recognize the most important inalienable right.

2. ....you don't find God, God finds you.... and you have to be seeking Him for things to be revealed, instead of the converse, where man wants to take credit by proclaiming his own enlightenment.

stevieray
10-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Keep your ****ing religion to yourself.

LMAO.... that would be great, if our rights came from man.

stevieray
10-06-2012, 05:05 PM
6000 yrs.

Okay.

LMAO

spoken like a man whose life is nothing more than a vapor in terms of longevity.

Bump
10-06-2012, 05:06 PM
I also have a friend who lives in Cali. He comes from a rich background, his grandfather is a big wig in Texas oil and he comes from millions of dollars. He was a **** up his whole life, whored himself out for heroin at one point even. Got stabbed 9 times at some party, he swears he was dead for a while and found God, he says the doctors thought he would be braindead for the rest of his life, but actually he's better than ever. He found himself and a good woman, he has a wife and 2 kids and making about $200K per year working for his dad and he smokes weed every single day too and gave up alcohol except the occasional social beer (he was a hardcore alcoholic too, even after he got out of prison). He attributes God for his new found life. So, when shit like that happens, it makes me think there is a good side of religion too. I haven't seen it for myself though.

Fish
10-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Definitely a good side to religion. The overall morality taught, sense of fellowship, accountability, and sense of hope and inclusion is great for anyone. It's just too bad it gets tarnished and corrupted so badly after that point by so many.

Dallas Chief
10-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Definitely a good side to religion. The overall morality taught, sense of fellowship, accountability, and sense of hope and inclusion is great for anyone. It's just too bad it gets tarnished and corrupted so badly after that point by so many.

If you really do the math, your last statement would be "...corrupted so badly after that point by so FEW." I have sympathy for people like Bump where a bad interaction with the church turned them off to the truth at such an impressionable age . It's not his fault, rather the fault of those that seemingly corrupted the Word for their use as a tool of fear and intimidation.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't see much difference in the two. Every religion swears they have the one true God.

I grew up straight country Christian. Great GF was a preacher. Did the works. Sunday school and church every week, VBS, camp, weekly Fellowship, etc. but I was too inquisitive. "God did it" was never satisfying enough for my questions. Teachers got frustrated trying to answer my questions. The older I got, the more I questioned. Which was my undoing. I couldn't accept a lifestyle that required belief in illogical things with zero evidence. Science allowed, and actually required me to question everything about my existence. Religion discouraged that.

Sorry for your bad experience, I don't see how Christianity would/should limit you. There is a difference between going through the motions (Religion) and actually believing and doing what the Lord shows you in your heart. That being said so many are stuck doing the motions when they should have graduated and moved on into greater things.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 06:00 PM
There's no reason you can't believe in God and science at the same time. But to deny the Big Bang and claim the earth is 6000 years old is just ignorant. You're no different than the Catholic Church punishing Galileo for proclaiming your earth rotated around the sun, or the flat-earth society.

I know MANY atheists who deny the big bang, and the Catholic Church is on your side of the argument for the most part.

Fish
10-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Sorry for your bad experience, I don't see how Christianity would/should limit you. There is a difference between going through the motions (Religion) and actually believing and doing what the Lord shows you in your heart. That being said so many are stuck doing the motions when they should have graduated and moved on into greater things.

You don't have to say sorry. There's nothing to be sorry for. It wasn't a bad experience at all. It taught me a lot. It's given me unique insight on both sides of the fence.

Truthfully, I'm much more content with my life and my place in the universe now, than I ever was before.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2012, 08:43 PM
A good friend of mine(known since HS)who has regularly attended church since he was a child.

Even HE does not dismiss Evolution.

He also laughs at the notion that the Earth is only 6000 yrs old.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 08:54 PM
A good friend of mine(known since HS)who has regularly attended church since he was a child.

Even HE does not dismiss Evolution.

He also laughs at the notion that the Earth is only 6000 yrs old.

More evidence of what the Church produces..I tell Christians to stay out of churches and study to show yourself approved.

Bump
10-06-2012, 08:57 PM
If you really do the math, your last statement would be "...corrupted so badly after that point by so FEW." I have sympathy for people like Bump where a bad interaction with the church turned them off to the truth at such an impressionable age . It's not his fault, rather the fault of those that seemingly corrupted the Word for their use as a tool of fear and intimidation.

I don't need sympathy. I feel fine, I certainly don't feel that it turned me off to any truth? what do you mean?

Bowser
10-06-2012, 10:09 PM
TIL God gave us the Constitution and Amendments! Sweet!

Bowser
10-06-2012, 10:10 PM
And the guy speaking in the OP sounds like he's straight out of the 1700's.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2012, 10:18 PM
More evidence of what the Church produces..I tell Christians to stay out of churches and study to show yourself approved.

How about you educate yourself and others by removing the blinders?

Dallas Chief
10-06-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't need sympathy. I feel fine, I certainly don't feel that it turned me off to any truth? what do you mean?

It doesn't matter, I still feel bad for you based on the experience you had. The truth meaning that a loving, kind, caring, accepting, understanding Christ died for ALL of OUR sins and that nothing you can do will ever be beyond forgiveness. He didn't walk among the noblemen of his time, he went to where the people were hurting, the broken, the poor, the homeless, the criminals, the deviants. He didn't care about any of that. He just loved. You can laugh at me, it's ok. It is what I believe. Man I need to ask for forgiveness from some people around here...:doh!:

KILLER_CLOWN
10-06-2012, 10:33 PM
How about you educate yourself and others by removing the blinders?

Indoctrination into the cult? no thank you.

petegz28
10-06-2012, 10:34 PM
:doh!:

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2012, 10:54 PM
It doesn't matter, I still feel bad for you based on the experience you had. The truth meaning that a loving, kind, caring, accepting, understanding Christ died for ALL of OUR sins and that nothing you can do will ever be beyond forgiveness. He didn't walk among the noblemen of his time, he went to where the people were hurting, the broken, the poor, the homeless, the criminals, the deviants. He didn't care about any of that. He just loved. You can laugh at me, it's ok. It is what I believe. Man I need to ask for forgiveness from some people around here...:doh!:

This is YOUR belief.

It does nothing for me.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2012, 11:00 PM
What people of Faith don't get is you don't need God or Jesus to love unconditionally.

Dallas Chief
10-06-2012, 11:21 PM
This is YOUR belief.

It does nothing for me.

Cool. I didn't say it had anything to do anything for you. You don't have to believe what I believe... to love unconditionally. I never said that. Why all the anger about what I believe? I am not forcing anything on you. It gives me some hope when I am at my lowest... like now. Peace.

Bump
10-06-2012, 11:30 PM

There was no Christ, he didn't die for everybody's sin. that shit is fucking stupid as hell. If the book lord of the rings was written then and marketed by the same people, you would be worshiping Frodo right now instead.

BigMeatballDave
10-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Cool. I didn't say it had anything to do anything for you. You don't have to believe what I believe... to love unconditionally. I never said that. Why all the anger about what I believe? I am not forcing anything on you. It gives me some hope when I am at my lowest... like now. Peace.

No anger.

I just don't get the notion that to be a loving, caring person, you have to subscribe to a deity of some kind.

It's not the only way.

Dallas Chief
10-07-2012, 03:59 AM
No anger.

I just don't get the notion that to be a loving, caring person, you have to subscribe to a deity of some kind.

It's not the only way.

Nor do I. I choose to believe. Once again I never said it was the only way. It is my way.

Dallas Chief
10-07-2012, 03:59 AM
There was no Christ, he didn't die for everybody's sin. that shit is fucking stupid as hell. If the book lord of the rings was written then and marketed by the same people, you would be worshiping Frodo right now instead.

I'm sorry. That must have been a really terrible experience for you.

King_Chief_Fan
10-08-2012, 02:09 PM

good point....Christians should deny the word religious. That term gets all things confused for people. It creates more divide than unity. Christians are to be Christ like and do the will of God. God has a great plan for our lives, all we have to do is trust Jesus and do as Jesus did and as he taught.

Fish
10-08-2012, 02:33 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img339/4207/42460348307719171329713.jpg

Fish
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
31,000+ signatures already. 3,800 more needed.

Sign the petition to remove Paul Broun:

https://www.change.org/petitions/house-science-committee-remove-rep-paul-broun

Rep. Paul Broun publically and vocally has stated that he does not agree with the most basic tenets of scientific process and critical thought. He is incompetent scientifically and damages the Committee and its purpose with his presence.

We the undersigned respectfully request Rep. Broun's removal from the committee immediately.

“All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell... And it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

-Paul Broun, Republican Member of the House Science Committee

vailpass
10-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Nor do I. I choose to believe. Once again I never said it was the only way. It is my way.

Good on you.

Dave, you are looking pretty stupid right about now. It always amuses me to see the atheist crowd go to such great lengths to push their beliefs on others in the name of not having others push their beliefs on them.

BigMeatballDave
10-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Dave, you are looking pretty stupid right about now. It always amuses me to see the atheist crowd go to such great lengths to push their beliefs on others in the name of not having others push their beliefs on them.

To you, maybe.

I don't care.

What do you care?

I'm gonna burn hell, anyway. Right?