PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dan Bernstein (CBS Chicago)on Eric Winston

Mi_chief_fan
10-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Says, in short, he's (Winston) being naive.

http://t.co/PJZWFpq2

-King-
10-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Hey! Another thread on this. Neat!
Posted via Mobile Device

Agent V
10-10-2012, 11:07 AM
This is actually an interesting take. He dissects Winston's "gladiator" argument, and it's clearly flawed and contradictory. Winston says players aren't gladiators, then immediately says, “When somebody gets hurt there are long-lasting ramifications to the game we play – long-lasting ramifications,” he continued. “I’ve already come to the understanding that I won’t live as long because I play this game, and that’s OK. That’s a choice I’ve made. That’s a choice all of us have made."

If Winston wants to throw the fans under the bus again in the future, he should practice his rhetorical skills first, lest he say something absolutely fucking stupid again.

The Franchise
10-10-2012, 11:10 AM
This is actually an interesting take. He dissects Winston's "gladiator" argument, and it's clearly flawed and contradictory. Winston says players aren't gladiators, then immediately says, “When somebody gets hurt there are long-lasting ramifications to the game we play – long-lasting ramifications,” he continued. “I’ve already come to the understanding that I won’t live as long because I play this game, and that’s OK. That’s a choice I’ve made. That’s a choice all of us have made."

If Winston wants to throw the fans under the bus again in the future, he should practice his rhetorical skills first, lest he say something absolutely fucking stupid again.

That line in bold pissed me off. Don't try and use that shit for sympathy. I would gladly take 10 years off of my life expectancy for as much money as he's getting. That's such a bullshit excuse.....like we're supposed to feel sorry for him that he gets paid millions of dollars to play a game and possibly get injured.

TEX
10-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Man, the fact that this story could BLOW UP as it did says something. Dude just got caught up in the moment. He was sticking up for his QB. After he said 70,000 fanse bood - he later corrected it to say "not all - but some." I think EVRERYONE NEEDS TO CHILL, including Winston, on this one.