PDA

View Full Version : Elections Which talking heads channels do you watch before and after the debates?

Trivers
10-11-2012, 07:35 PM
I've been flipping through the channels.

Are there any that are not biased and impartial?

Which channels do you like? Dislike?

RINGLEADER
10-11-2012, 07:36 PM
MSNBC so I can find out who won...

Trivers
10-11-2012, 07:38 PM
I think MSNBC is as bad as FOX.

Started watching a little bit of Current. They appear to lend left; appear to be intelligent.

Aries Walker
10-11-2012, 07:49 PM
MSNBC is pretty awful. Chuck Todd and Richard Engel are tops in their field, I still watch Rachel Maddow (but not as much as I used to), and I can tolerate Chris Matthews in small doses. Their rogues' gallery, though - Ed Schultz, Lawrence O'Donnell, weenie Chris Hayes, Melitha Harrith-Perry, and Al "Why Did You Hire Him, What Were You Thinking" Sharpton, et. al. - are just as unstomachable. They're every bit as bad as most of FOX, in that they're only pretending to be news at all.

CNN if I have to watch everything. Honestly, I usually just watch the debate and then turn off the commentary. What I pick up is a combination of tomorrow's episodes of Brian Williams and Jon Stewart, and whatever I read in places like Real Clear Politics or Politifact.

Not a big fan of the talking heads.

Direckshun
10-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I try to avoid both.

I'm pretty much straight CSPAN on debate nights.

ClevelandBronco
10-11-2012, 08:07 PM
...Are there any that are not biased...

The individual players are biased, but the larger organizations are packaged, branded and marketed. That's not bias, that's business.

Dallas Chief
10-11-2012, 10:01 PM
CNN. I can't stand FOX anymore and I never could stand Madcow and that smug fucking look on her face.

Chiefspants
10-11-2012, 10:16 PM
I've always stuck with CNN, they are as objective as one is going to find, imho.

patteeu
10-11-2012, 10:48 PM
I saw some commentary on both CBS and NBC, but most of what I've observed has been on chiefsplanet.com.

ChiefsCountry
10-11-2012, 10:49 PM
I thought as Republicans we have to wait until 11am tommorrow when Rush tells us what to think.

ClevelandBronco
10-11-2012, 10:52 PM
I thought as Republicans we have to wait until 11am tommorrow when Rush tells us what to think.

At this point it only matters what a relative handful in Ohio think.

The Mayor
10-11-2012, 10:59 PM
MSNBC is pretty awful. Chuck Todd and Richard Engel are tops in their field, I still watch Rachel Maddow (but not as much as I used to), and I can tolerate Chris Matthews in small doses.

Chuck Todd is a liberal hack. Is that what he tops in?

banyon
10-12-2012, 07:07 AM
For Pure entertainment value, CSPAN before and after with the random half-drunk people calling in on the public lines to let everyone know what they thought.

KC native
10-12-2012, 10:04 AM
None. Cable news is bad for your brain.