PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stanzi has become another Pioli zombie

BossChief
10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Overheard-Ready-to-Compete/1560e5bb-789d-4be1-8d74-e66e3a357502

Stanzi on performance during the preseason and preparation for upcoming game:

“The preseason is a great chance to learn, obviously, and I think that is what we did as a team and we’re still trying to build off of that. Every week we’re trying to learn from our mistakes and build on those, go to the next week and try to get better. I know it’s cliché, but that’s really all you can do in any type of situation you get in –whether you’re winning or losing – you have to take it one game at a time, one practice at a time and just try to get better.”

Lots or those word things, absolutely no substance.

Discuss Thrower
10-11-2012, 09:35 PM
I hate Pioli but you can't seriously think this is different than what 95% of football players say across the country..

htismaqe
10-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Stanzi is dead to me. Collateral damage.

SNR
10-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Those extra $$$ Pioli is spending on brainwashing sessions appear to be paying off.

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2012, 09:38 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Overheard-Ready-to-Compete/1560e5bb-789d-4be1-8d74-e66e3a357502

Stanzi on performance during the preseason and preparation for upcoming game:

“The preseason is a great chance to learn, obviously, and I think that is what we did as a team and we’re still trying to build off of that. Every week we’re trying to learn from our mistakes and build on those, go to the next week and try to get better. I know it’s cliché, but that’s really all you can do in any type of situation you get in –whether you’re winning or losing – you have to take it one game at a time, one practice at a time and just try to get better.”

Lots or those word things, absolutely no substance.

When's the last time we became super fans of any specific player? Our players have no personality. They talk off scripts. We don't see them on TV or radio shows. I enjoy watching Jamaal Charles. But I'm not the fan of him that i was of Trent Green or Priest Holmes. I'm just not.

I mentioned this on the "banner" thread. I don't think we realize until we truly think about it how stripped we are of the fan experience. These guys used to feel like our own. Now they feel like strangers who play in our stadium.

Pioli seriously needs to go. Even if we win, Arrowhead will NEVER be the same until we lift these bullshit player / coach media restrictions.

SNR
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Looks like my evaluation of Stanzi was correct.

The real Ricky Stanzi died, and now there's this shitty robot Ricky Stanzi taking his place, who stinks it up in the preseason instead of shines, and who says fucking stupid Patriot Way bullshit because he was programmed that way.

htismaqe
10-11-2012, 09:42 PM

The real Ricky Stanzi died, and now there's this shitty robot Ricky Stanzi taking his place, who stinks it up in the preseason instead of shines, and who says ****ing stupid Patriot Way bullshit because he was programmed that way.

Yep.

SNR
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
When's the last time we became super fans of any specific player? Our players have no personality. They talk off scripts. We don't see them on TV or radio shows. I enjoy watching Jamaal Charles. But I'm not the fan of him that i was of Trent Green or Priest Holmes. I'm just not.

I mentioned this on the "banner" thread. I don't think we realize until we truly think about it how stripped we are of the fan experience. These guys used to feel like our own. Now they feel like strangers who play in our stadium.

Pioli seriously needs to go. Even if we win, Arrowhead will NEVER be the same until we lift these bullshit player / coach media restrictions.
I'll bet Pioli layed awake for weeks straight in 2010 when Shaun Smith was on the team.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 09:46 PM

The real Ricky Stanzi died, and now there's this shitty robot Ricky Stanzi taking his place, who stinks it up in the preseason instead of shines, and who says fucking stupid Patriot Way bullshit because he was programmed that way.

Its sad, really.

Maybe he is just trying to say the "right things" because he realizes his time might be coming?

Stanzi will end this year as the teams starting quarterback.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 09:46 PM
The only people that expected anything more from Stanzi were Iowa fans.

htismaqe
10-11-2012, 09:47 PM

Doubtful. But might as well keep hoping. The alternative is shitty.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Those were the only posters that saw the kid play for more than one game.

Keep acting like some highly respected posters on here didnt/dont think the kid could be a good pro.

htismaqe
10-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Bullshit.

He was a VERY good college QB, clutch in big games.

To dismiss what might have been potential as "homerism" is just flat being disingenuous.

Lots of people here wanted Kirk Cousins who is a poor man's Ricky Stanzi.

SNR
10-11-2012, 09:49 PM

I'm a Badger fan. I hate Iowa. And I thought Ricky Stanzi had a good shot to be starter-quality material in the NFL.

Well, better than Matt Cassel anyway.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 09:51 PM
SNR
Htismaque
Iowanian
Phobia
BossChief

You know what, its not worth listing any more...nobody is gonna change their opinion on the kid.

Time will tell his story and I think he ends the season as the teams starter.

Inmem58
10-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Football players are so fucking fake. They'll never what they want. They're fucking robots

O.city
10-11-2012, 09:53 PM

With the ease of getting to fans thru social media these days, I don't think things will ever be that way again.

Teams everywhere are locking guys down about this stuff, which IMO, makes the league worse.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm a Badger fan. I hate Iowa. And I thought Ricky Stanzi had a good shot to be starter-quality material in the NFL.

Well, at least he can make a nice ponytail when needed

BossChief
10-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Hey, Dane...read this before you throw Stanzi under the bus again.

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Pl..._2-23-2011.htm

NFL DRAFT 2011 - QB
By R.C. Fischer

NFL Draft 2011: Statistical Analysis of Ricky Stanzi, the Best QB in the 2011 NFL Draft and/or the next Tom Brady?

*An on-going series of putting college QBs in our mathematical analysis. We don’t have all the needed data until the 2011 NFL Combine results, but we can assume some of it (for now) and we have all the game performance/statistics.

See this link for details on the College QB rating system -- Predicting the Unpredictable…Projecting a College QB to the NFL with a Mathematical Formula

Ricky Stanzi, Iowa - NFL Draft 2011

I know you are going to find this completely insane...

New readers, I may have already lost you with the title...but bear with me on this. At worst, this will just be an interesting read and something you will say "no way" to. At best, this will be a tremendous call and huge validation for our mathematical model's ability to project college QBs to the NFL. (I also have a few years to hide from it potentially too!)

I have to confess I did not watch many Iowa Hawkeye football games this season. As the college QBs start their journey to the NFL, I get more interested for the Fantasy Football aspect. This season, I was aware of the usual "big names" -- Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Mallett and had been intrigued by Andy Dalton...but I have to say when I saw Ricky Stanzi's name on a list -- I wondered, "how did he make it in the QBs list for the 2011 NFL Draft"? Don't ask me why I had that reaction, I just know I did. Big-10 bias (against), maybe? Flashbacks to Chuck Long, perhaps? Whatever the reason, I just had an irrational gut reaction. Which is why I love what I do, I try to eliminate the emotional and just rely on the data. Not knowing Stanzi, I was curious as how the analysis would turn out.

As I input the key game/tougher opponent game data for Ricky Stanzi into our algorithm for analyzing college QBs, I just kept saying "that's pretty good" after each game entered...and it just kept rolling. Before I went to take a look at Stanzi's overall total score in our system I thought, "this could be pretty good". When I did finally look at the overall rating, it wasn't good -- it was great. It was college-to-NFL projected "elite". High up on the list wedged in-between Carson Palmer and Mark Sanchez, and slightly above Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers. I had to go back check a 2nd and 3rd time to see if I had made an error. No error...

Can Ricky Stanzi really be a future elite NFL QB? Can he really be the # 1 overall best QB (according to our system right now)? Right now he is for us. A lot of this potential stardom projection is riding on his Wonderlic scores from the NFL Combine, a bad score can tumble Stanzi right out of great and into maybe good or mediocre. Assuming an average/good Wonderlic score, Ricky Stanzi is the hidden gem QB of 2011.

What about Stanzi makes him pop in our system?

NO Red-flags in our system!

We found multiple things that future NFL elite QB's had in common in college. Subsequently, we found things future NFL bust/weak QB's had in common as well -- we called them, simply, "red-flag metrics". Some red-flags for the QBs are historical killers (90%+ probable), such as -- QB's with low Wonderlic scores, "short" (in height) QB's, high or low ratios on key advanced metrics we have on various passing stats. Just one red-flag is one foot in the grave for their future NFL elite prospects, 2 red-flags is almost an assured question mark on even being good in the NFL, 3+ red-flags is almost guaranteed a bust in our system (3+ red-flag QB examples in our system = Ryan Leaf, Tim Tebow, Chad Henne, Max Hall, Rex Grossman, Derek Anderson and Tavaris Jackson...among others. Jay Cutler is the probably the best NFL QB with 3+ red-flags in our system).

No red-flags is just not avoiding trouble, it is several key metrics that when we look back at history -- the QBs with particular red-flags in our system were not as good as hyped and/or "busted" from lofty expectations. Perhaps a list of current QBs in our mathematical system that have NO red-flags, will impress you on the fact that Ricky Stanzi could be special.

The 14 QBs with no red-flags of 60+ studied in the last decade (and a few outside of the last decade) *in alphabetical order:

Bradford, Sam
Brady, Tom
Elway, John (sketchy, we have yet to be able fully break him down due to some missing data...but of what we have, he has none)
Flacco, Joe
Kolb, Kevin
Leftwich, Byron
Luck, Andrew
Manning, Peyton
Palmer, Carson
Pike, Tony (may not belong here, we have a sketchy Wonderlic data point we have assumed neutral until we know...but if bad, he would fall off list)
Pennington, Chad
Rodgers, Aaron
Roethlisberger, Ben
Sanchez, Mark
14 QBs with no red-flags. Take away Andrew Luck because he is not even draft eligible. Take away John Elway and Tony Pike, because of some possible data question marks on our end and we have 11 QB's who have played in the NFL -- with 9 of the 11 (82%) as good, great and good/potentially great on this list. The 2 misses in our system so far are (1) Byron Leftwich is not elite, maybe not even good. (2) Kevin Kolb is incomplete (however, I think he will ultimately be star of this magnitude...those of you that have been with the site awhile know my Kolb love affair). If Kolb hits, then our NO red-flag indicator for future success would be up to a 91% accuracy of predicting NFL good/greatness.

It's a laundry list of mostly impressive QBs. Now add to that list Ricky Stanzi, the only 2011 QB prospect with no red-flags in our system currently. (Andrew Luck would have been too). I'm as shocked as you are...Ricky Stanzi, really?

Great against better competition

Stanzi had 3 major tests in conference in 2010, a Big-10 Conference in which Stanzi has started for 3 seasons...and these teams have a book on him. Facing Wisconsin (11-2), Michigan State (11-2) and Ohio State (12-1), Stanzi put up the following stats:

7 Passing TDs and NO Interceptions

The elite QBs of the NFL threw for between 15-19 Pass Attempts per Passing TD in "key" games, and some QBs hit as low (good) as 10-12 Pass Attempts per Passing TD. Stanzi averaged a very low (good) 11.9 Passing TDs per Pass Attempts in these 3 big matchups

Besides a stellar/perfect NO interceptions in these big 3 games, Stanzi hit on a 67.4% Completion Percentage as well

Iowa/Stanzi played the Arizona Wildcats this season, coached by defensive guru Mike Stoops. Stoops/Arizona only allowed two QBs to throw for 3+ TDs in a game against them this season -- not Andrew Luck (he had 2), but it was Oregon's Darron Thomas and yes...Ricky Stanzi.

Better than Gabbert in the 2010 Bowl Game vs. Missouri?

This may be crazy talk too, but hang with me...

Stanzi statistically bombed in one game in 2010 -- the Insight Bowl Game matchup against Missouri. Stanzi had no TDs and 2 INTs. Stanzi's only 2 INT game of the season. In that game Blaine Gabbert had 434 yards passing and won the hearts of everyone who just watched the game from a stat tally perspective. But was Gabbert really the better QB that day?

434 yards for Gabbert is awesome, but it was on 57 Pass Attempts. Stanzi only had 21 pass attempts in this game, in part because Iowa RB Marcus Coker had 33 carries for 219 yards. Why pass if you can run all over Mizzu, and win (which Iowa did)? Looking at the passing productivity by breaking it down to the view from the per passing attempts...a quick look at Gabbert vs. Stanzi in the Bowl Game from a different perspective:

Yards per Pass Attempt = 7.6 for Gabbert, 9.5 for Stanzi

Yards per Completion = 10.6 for Gabbert, 18.2 for Stanzi

If both QBs equally had 35 pass attempts at their above pace, Gabbert would have thrown for 266 yards to Stanzi's 332.

Not to say Stanzi had a great game...because it was his worst game of 2010. It's to point out that looking only at the totals -- Stanzi vs. Gabbert total stats in this game would have made Stanzi forgettable and Gabbert brilliant, but it really had to do more with Pass Attempt totals. Stanzi wasn't as bad as it seemed, and Gabbert wasn't near as impressive as his 434 yards would show. Gabbert also threw 2 INTs as well in this game (like Stanzi), and 1 TD.

Ricky Stanzi as the next Tom Brady?

Blasphemy I know...

Please keep in mind, I have no loyalty to the University of Iowa. I had seen Ricky Stanzi play a little before I started this research. Of what I remember, I didn't really remember anything great (or bad). Stanzi never registered anything in my mind. This statement comparing him to Brady is just as crazy to me as it is to you. However, I am now suddenly very intrigued (and hand-cuffed) to Ricky Stanzi with this statement.

When I went into to see why Stanzi was so good in our ratings, it wasn't just one good thing (it never is to achieve the scores the future elites ultimately did). It's just that Stanzi is well above average in every metric we judge, with no red-flags or outliers. His numbers parallel nicely against the best of today's NFL QBs data in college. When I started filtering Stanzi's metrics in our system and considered similar QBs around his height and weight...out popped Tom Brady. What is eerie and cheesy about that is, when I started researching Stanzi more because of the high score that popped up in our system analysis -- I went and watched some game tape and when I looked at him I exclaimed, "he looks just like Tom Brady". Tall, thin, accurate, steady. When I then filtered our college QB database of metrics and Brady was sitting there as a best match, I was amazed and felt weird at the same time. It's cliché' to say "the next Tom Brady", but the numbers are saying -- Ricky Stanzi might be the next Tom Brady.

A few key metrics on Brady & Stanzi below:

"Adj" means just key games/better competition -- weighted for strength of opponent

"per 35 att" numbers are the key games, weighted for strength of opponent and then translated into an average as if every QB had an equal 35 Pass Attempts per game all the time, and thus what would each QB produce if they had 35 passes per game based on the key games their final college season.

QB Yr College H W adj Comp Pct Adj Yds per Comp adj Pass Att per TD adj Pass Att Per INT Yds per game 35 Att TDs per game 35 Att INTs per game 35 Att
Brady, Tom 1999 Michigan 76.3 211 64.6% 11.8 15.0 37.9 266.3 2.3 0.9
Stanzi, Ricky 2010 Iowa 76.1 221 63.6% 12.5 15.5 57.7 277.6 2.3 0.6
A respected scouting report on Brady in 2000 pre-draft (found on a Google search) = "Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a strong arm."

A scouting report I just read on Stanzi = "Average arm, nothing spectacular about his throws...Not a great runner...Limited ceiling because of his average physical talents..."

Ricky Stanzi Overall Score = 1.012

*see historical rating chart on link to original study = Predicting the Unpredictable…Projecting a College QB to the NFL with a Mathematical Formula

As I re-examine the numbers, another thing that is rare on Stanzi is -- that as we refine the numbers to looking at just the better opponents, then adding in a weighted system to the most difficult opponents -- that is where Stanzi's passing metrics actually increase. Where most all other QBs in our mathematical system tail off a little (understandably with facing the toughest competition) as we "weight" the stats for opponents difficulty...Stanzi actually improves his performance against the better competition.

All this is great for Ricky Stanzi now, but we're still assuming some data. If Stanzi bombs or underperforms the Wonderlic...no more Tom Brady comparisons, and down he will fall from possible elite to possible just mediocre/good. If Stanzi scores well on the Wonderlic don't be shocked if Stanzi starts moving from a current potential 4-5th Round pick to a 2nd-3rd Round pick...and then don't be shocked if he actually becomes a first round actual selection...you heard it here first (again, unless he bombs the Wonderlic). If Stanzi doesn't work his way into the 1st Round -- I'll bet a "smart" team snags Stanzi (like a NE, PIT, PHI, SD, etc) in the 2nd-3rd Round.

SNR
10-11-2012, 09:56 PM

Oh, and I was also lukewarm on Russell Wilson in this draft. And I thought Kirk Cousins was complete garbage.

A LOT of people who aren't Hawkeye fans watched Stanzi play in college, then saw his 2011 preseason, and made the determination that there was something in him that was worthy of being investigated. He was by far the best QB in that 2011 preseason in spite of only getting time with the 3s.

I really have no clue what happened to him this year. He choked hard. It looked like playbook troubles, like he didn't know what the hell he was doing. If that's the case, then he's an idiot for spending nearly all of the offseason working out instead of being the best mentally prepared guy he could be.

-King-
10-11-2012, 09:56 PM
I hate Pioli but you can't seriously think this is different than what 95% of football players say across the country..

This.

SNR
10-11-2012, 09:57 PM
SNR
Htismaque
Iowanian
Phobia
BossChief

You know what, its not worth listing any more...nobody is gonna change their opinion on the kid.

aturnis and rico, too.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey, Dane...read this before you throw Stanzi under the bus again.

Dude, JFC, get a grip.

First off, I'm not going to read that fucking bullshit because I DON'T GIVE FUCK ABOUT RICKY STANZI.

Secondly, you're the guy the started a thread a few years back stating we should draft Stanzi in the second. I countered that Stanzi was *maybe* worth a fifth rounder and I caught a bunch of shit for saying that.

Well, guess what?

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
aturnis and rico, too.

Direckshun, Sacapoo (who is a good poster when he isnt talking about the OL) and plenty of other posters here, too.

I could dig up the post where Milkman compared him in some ways to Terry Bradsaw...

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Dude, JFC, get a grip.

First off, I'm not going to read that fucking bullshit because I DON'T GIVE FUCK ABOUT RICKY STANZI.

Secondly, you're the guy the started a thread a few years back stating we should draft Stanzi in the second. I countered that Stanzi was *maybe* worth a fifth rounder and I caught a bunch of shit for saying that.

Well, guess what?

Then dont act "informed" about a quarterback you watched less than one game of.

That post gives you everything you would ever need to know about how Stanzi played IN BIG GAMES.

If you chose to ignore FACTS, so be it.

WADR you just make yourself look ignorant by doing so.

Its whatever.

Phobia
10-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I really have no clue what happened to him this year.

I do. You want me to catch you up?

Ghost of Maslowski
10-11-2012, 10:07 PM
with all due respect to his fans, Stanzi is simply the latest incarnation of the same QB the Chiefs draft in the mid-to-late rounds every so often. He never gets to play except in the preseason, and after a year or three on the bench, he is quietly released, never to be seen or heard from again by that name. He's been called Killian and Barnes and many other similarly obscure names in the past, but rest assured, it's always the same guy.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:08 PM
here are the stills of some of the shit Stanzi is getting blamed for in preseason...

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:10 PM
these are the ball placement on his interception

that was a damn good pass...

The Bad Guy
10-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Its sad, really.

Maybe he is just trying to say the "right things" because he realizes his time might be coming?

And our draft position will be better off for it.

The guy sucks. I know you have a massive chub for him, but c'mon. The guy is never going to live up to the hype you've thrown at him on this board.

tk13
10-11-2012, 10:13 PM
The Loch Ness Monster photos have more clarity than those images. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be looking for a football or Nessie.

Otter
10-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Heh a "Pioli Zombie". Sad but correct. Heil to the Fuher or lose die job!!!! Sad part is when ur dead and looking back you know you should have said "**** you" and that's why I like Pioli, good or bad.

At least he had the balls.

-King-
10-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Wow. Bosschief is back to defending Stanzi's preseason performance?

SNR
10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
I do. You want me to catch you up?

I mean, yeah, he had shit protection, but then that doesn't explain last year when he had shit protection yet fought and clawed and kept plays alive all the time.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
post 28 shows the stills of Stanzi getting his head almost ripped off against St Louis...Jeff Allen getting thrown back into him the second his back foot hit from his drop and the ball placement on the pass that Breaston dropped.

Post 29 shows the ball placement on the fluke tipped interception he threw.

Sorry for the snipping tool quality...I'm a total n00b at using such tools.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Wow. Bosschief is back to defending Stanzi's preseason performance?
I dont give up on my stance in a discussion easily. :)

I think the kid is gonna end the year as the teams starter and will give us some excitement.

Phobia
10-11-2012, 10:23 PM
I mean, yeah, he had shit protection, but then that doesn't explain last year when he had shit protection yet fought and clawed and kept plays alive all the time.

It was worse this year. I have him at 9/18 in preseason with at LEAST 5 dropped balls. I know he was hit at least 5x and most of the time he had a defender in his face before he even got set. I've accepted that he's backup to the backup and I'm okay with that. But I think most people are judging him on one pathetic 4th down play in which he fumbled in desperation to outrun pursuit of 3 defenders. Many fans questioned, "why didn't he just get rid of the ball?" Heh. Ridiculous. Dude got screwed mostly by whatever line cook was suited up at LT when he was taking snaps.

Phobia
10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I think the kid is gonna end the year as the teams starter and will give us some excitement.

I think you're nuts. Dude will never see the field. The guy who compared him to every other obscure drafted Chiefs QB earlier in the thread was probably right.

SNR
10-11-2012, 10:29 PM
It was worse this year. I have him at 9/18 in preseason with at LEAST 5 dropped balls. I know he was hit at least 5x and most of the time he had a defender in his face before he even got set. I've accepted that he's backup to the backup and I'm okay with that. But I think most people are judging him on one pathetic 4th down play in which he fumbled in desperation to outrun pursuit of 3 defenders. Many fans questioned, "why didn't he just get rid of the ball?" Heh. Ridiculous. Dude got screwed mostly by whatever line cook was suited up at LT when he was taking snaps.
I wasn't able to watch the last two preseason games (listened to them on kcfx). I have a hard time believing that the protection he had was worse than our 3rd string offensive line last year. In both the Tampa and the Baltimore game. I mean, it was literally less than one second several times when Stanzi would snap the ball and have a defender immediately up his ass. He evaded THOSE plays, but couldn't make anything out of THESE protections.

I mean, it could just be that our offensive coaches are so terrible that they're REGRESSING our players. I mean, you heard Jim Zorn tutoring Cassel in training camp. Fans were pissed because Cassel is Captain Checkdown, and there Zorn is trying to get Cassel to take the safe option MORE OFTEN.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:29 PM
:thumb:

Honestly, I think I am partially at fault for voicing my opinions of Ricky at the volume I did pre and post draft and that got the expectation level up to a level that was nearly impossible to achieve and the moment things didnt go well for the kid, people placed the blame on him for other players faults.

Its also like you said earlier, that fans of KC see the results of the play and are just quick to throw the QB under the bus because it seems like a broken record with that position in KC.

If Quinn doesnt catch lightening in a bottle, Stanzi will get a chance and I think this team will rally around one of the two.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:32 PM
I think you're nuts. Dude will never see the field. The guy who compared him to every other obscure drafted Chiefs QB earlier in the thread was probably right.

I am gonna keep hope alive that I dont have to see Cassel all year and that if Quinn shits the bed, the next time Cassel comes out, it will be for Ricky.

If Im wrong, oh well. Cant win em all.

Phobia
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM
I am gonna keep hope alive that I dont have to see Cassel all year and that if Quinn shits the bed, the next time Cassel comes out, it will be for Ricky.

It's not an indictment on Stanzi. It's the Chiefs and the NFL in general. If teams don't have much invested in a kid and he doesn't catch the right eyes, he'll languish in obscurity and move onto his next career. Let's be honest, most QB's in this league earn their jobs due to injury. Even Tom Terrific got his job when golden boy Drew Bledsoe was injured. If Drew never goes down, maybe Tommy is the guy who is out of the league working in an accounting office.

chiefzilla1501
10-11-2012, 10:37 PM
With the ease of getting to fans thru social media these days, I don't think things will ever be that way again.

Teams everywhere are locking guys down about this stuff, which IMO, makes the league worse.

Sadly, this isn't just about social media. This is about our players not being allowed to have any personality. Do you think Ozzie Newsome tells Ray Lewis to limit his personality or to do interviews with ESPN?

The Chiefs have purposely distanced the players from the media. We don't even see fluff pieces anymore. We don't care about players anymore. They're no longer players we connect with. They've become employees to a business we support.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Bullshit.

He was a VERY good college QB, clutch in big games.

To dismiss what might have been potential as "homerism" is just flat being disingenuous.

Lots of people here wanted Kirk Cousins who is a poor man's Ricky Stanzi.

Then why was he a fifth rounder?

Do you know what Kirk Cousins, in five NFL games, has done that Ricky Stanzi hasn't in 37 games?

Throw a touchdown pass.

NJChiefsFan
10-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Sadly, this isn't just about social media. This is about our players not being allowed to have any personality. Do you think Ozzie Newsome tells Ray Lewis to limit his personality or to do interviews with ESPN?

The Chiefs have purposely distanced the players from the media. We don't even see fluff pieces anymore. We don't care about players anymore. They're no longer players we connect with. They've become employees to a business we support.

Unless they have something to say to the fans. Then they are given all the rope they want.

Psyko Tek
10-11-2012, 10:43 PM

ricochet topic
anybody remember charles barkley?
he had no fucks to give
revitalized PHX suns
and so did the redkneck not to be named in KC
the patriots way only works for the combo they have there
\

Phobia
10-11-2012, 10:44 PM

Do you know what Kirk Cousins, in five NFL games, has done that Ricky Stanzi hasn't in 37 games?

Throw a touchdown pass.

Wait, what? 37 games? This is Stanzi's second year in the NFL. He hasn't even put on pads but maybe once the week Orton signed but dressed in street clothes. How is a kid supposed to throw a TD pass when he's not even active?

keg in kc
10-11-2012, 10:47 PM
If there's anybody more popular than a backup quarterback, it's the backup's backup, especially if for whatever reason people think he's a "quarterback of the future".

As far as turning him into a zombie talking to the press, every player who plays everywhere is a zombie.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Wait, what? 37 games? This is Stanzi's second year in the NFL. He hasn't even put on pads but maybe once the week Orton signed but dressed in street clothes.

How is a kid supposed to throw a TD pass when he's not even active?

Oops, I lost a season. 21 games. My bad.

As for the second part, it's fairly self-explanatory.

:D

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 10:51 PM
If there's anybody more popular than a backup quarterback, it's the backup's backup, especially if for whatever reason people think he's a "quarterback of the future".

As far as turning him into a zombie talking to the press, every player who plays everywhere is a zombie.

I'm not sure if Matt Blundin and Mike Elkins were ever popular.

IIRC, no one cared for Steve Fuller, either.

SNR
10-11-2012, 10:52 PM

Throw a touchdown pass.Tyler Palko has won an NFL game. Brodie Croyle has not.

However, Tyler Palko is NOT a better QB than Brodie Croyle.

Kirk Cousins is LUCKIER than Ricky Stanzi for being drafted by the right team and getting a chance to sit behind a QB who tends to stick his nose in places it doesn't belong

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:53 PM
21 NFL games have been played since Stanzi was drafted.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Tyler Palko has won an NFL game. Brodie Croyle has not.

However, Tyler Palko is NOT a better QB than Brodie Croyle.

Kirk Cousins is LUCKIER than Ricky Stanzi for being drafted by the right team and getting a chance to sit behind a QB who tends to stick his nose in places it doesn't belong

You're right, of course.

How could I not see that Cousins was a Stanzi clone and that Stanzi is better than anyone on the Chiefs roster?

Whoa is me.

PS: If Ricky fucking Stanzi played at the University of San Diego, there wouldn't be one motherfucking post in this forum about him or his abilities.

Phobia
10-11-2012, 10:55 PM

I think Chiefs fans are hungry for a home grown product. We'll take anybody but especially if it's a guy from an area school like KU, K-state, Mizzou, Iowa, Nebraska, OU, etc. I don't think it's the end for Stanzi just yet but he's out of the picture this year, especially if Cassel has been cleared.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:55 PM
You're right, of course.

How could I not see that Cousins was a Stanzi clone and that Stanzi is better than anyone on the Chiefs roster?

Whoa is me.

Do you think Cousins is a better QB than Stanzi?

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:56 PM
I think Chiefs fans are hungry for a home grown product. We'll take anybody but especially if it's a guy from an area school like KU, K-state, Mizzou, Iowa, Nebraska, OU, etc. I don't think it's the end for Stanzi just yet but he's out of the picture this year, especially if Cassel has been cleared.

Romeo said today that Cassel hasnt even been cleared to practice yet.

the guys at 610 lied or there is something fishy going on behind the scenes.

I still think Romeo wants Cassel benched permanently and have a lot of evidence going into that opinion..

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Do you think Cousins is a better QB than Stanzi?

I have no idea. I do know that Cousins has a TD pass in fifth game in relief of RGIII.

Why is it that you act as if it's a fact?

keg in kc
10-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Do you think Cousins is a better QB than Stanzi?I always thought they were the same damn guy.

Cousins is better at this moment.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 10:59 PM
When did I do that? I simply asked a question.

I saw 3 years of Stanzi and think he can play in this league and that by years end will get a chance to do just that.

SNR
You're right, of course.

Whoa is me.

What? I told you earlier that my stance on Stanzi was informed by his college career and 2011 preseason. I consider it a fucking travesty that he wasn't allowed on the field last year in the midst of Cassel's and Palko's numerous fuck ups. He got Patriot Way'd hard. In the fucking ass. I feel bad for the kid.

This 2012 preseason has shown me that Stanzi deserved to lose the #2 job to Brady Quinn. I have since then backed away from my previous evaluations of him. But I still maintain that from what I saw in 2011, under a fair QB competition, Stanzi should have been our starting QB.

Are you also going to tell me that TJ Yates has a bright future in the NFL because he's won a playoff game? And Tebow! Don't forget Tebow either!

DaneMcCloud

If the Chiefs win enough games to miss out on Geno Smith, but not enough to miss on Barkley, I can already hear the chants.

"Just another USC failure". "He sucks". "Just like Cassel".

If Geno's gone, look for another defensive lineman in the first round. Those guys are really important.

And Pioli won't want a repeat performance, warranted or not.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 11:01 PM
I always thought they were the same damn guy.

Cousins is better at this moment.

I see Cousins as a "safer" quarterback as Stanzi is more of a gun slinger with a stronger arm and better in big games.

Other than that, I think they are similar in some ways.

Phobia
10-11-2012, 11:02 PM
If the Chiefs win enough games to miss out on Geno Smith, but not enough to miss on Barkley, I can already hear the chants.

We've both followed this team long enough to know that is EXACTLY what will happen. They'll probably even go 7-9, just enough to get out of the top 12.

keg in kc
10-11-2012, 11:03 PM
I saw 3 years of Stanzi and think he can play in this league and that by years end will get a chance to do just that.I saw 3 years of Stanzi and think he's a career backup at best.

Of course that's just an opinion, not a fact, and sometimes people surprise you.

NJChiefsFan
10-11-2012, 11:03 PM
We've both followed this team long enough to know that is EXACTLY what will happen. They'll probably even go 7-9, just enough to get out of the top 12.

These next two games are pretty big. Two tough games follow after that. If we managed to lose the next two momentum could go our way for once. Although PIT proved again tonight they are capable of losing to anyone.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 11:04 PM
What? I told you earlier that my stance on Stanzi was informed by his college career and 2011 preseason. I consider it a fucking travesty that he wasn't allowed on the field last year in the midst of Cassel's and Palko's numerous fuck ups. He got Patriot Way'd hard. In the fucking ass. I feel bad for the kid.

If Pioli is the "Puppet Master" that's been described the past few days, I'd say it's clear he wasn't ready to play in 2011.

This 2012 preseason has shown me that Stanzi deserved to lose the #2 job to Brady Quinn. I have since then backed away from my previous evaluations of him. But I still maintain that from what I saw in 2011, under a fair QB competition, Stanzi should have been our starting QB.

I can neither agree or dispute this claim. Palko and Haley were awful. Cassel and Haley were awful. I'm guessing that Stanzi and Haley would have been atrocious.

Are you also going to tell me that TJ Yates has a bright future in the NFL because he's won a playoff game? And Tebow! Don't forget Tebow either!

From this post, I'm guessing your standing long jump is about 10'2.

Did I overestimate or under?

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 11:05 PM

If, for once in my life, I stopped watching and following the team this season, would the result be any different?

:D

NJChiefsFan
10-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I can neither agree or dispute this claim. Palko and Haley were awful. Cassel and Haley were awful.

I'm not sure Palko could be a good combo with any coach ever. Cassel right about there as well.

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 11:09 PM
One more thing:

I've never been to Iowa. I don't know what the university is like, the people, the atmosphere, the food, the beds, the bugs or the weather.

That said, I've NEVER, in 12 years on the 'Planet, EVER, seen such an obsession over a fifth round draft choice, regardless of position, EVER.

Mike Peterson was Superman back in the day. That was funny for about 10 minutes, then became annoying for a few months until he was drafted. But Stanzi?

When will this shit fucking end?

BossChief
10-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I saw 3 years of Stanzi and think he's a career backup at best.

Of course that's just an opinion, not a fact, and sometimes people surprise you.

He could very well end up as a career backup and that's why I championed Tannehill and RG3 so hard last year...I was one of a handful of guys that wanted us to move up to take Tannnehill.

When I say "I think Stanzi ends the year as the starter" that just means I see him as better than either Quinn or Cassel...that's all.

Time will tell if I'm wrong or not.

Ace Gunner
10-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Stanzi played horrible during exhibition season. If Quinn goes down and Stanzi is forced to play, I think he's going to get murdered out there.

SNR
10-11-2012, 11:17 PM
From this post, I'm guessing your standing long jump is about 10'2.

Did I overestimate or under?It's just shy of your best long jump when you used the line about Kirk Cousins and his first TD pass

BossChief
10-11-2012, 11:18 PM
One more thing:

I've never been to Iowa. I don't know what the university is like, the people, the atmosphere, the food, the beds, the bugs or the weather.

That said, I've NEVER, in 12 years on the 'Planet, EVER, seen such an obsession over a fifth round draft choice, regardless of position, EVER.

Mike Peterson was Superman back in the day. That was funny for about 10 minutes, then became annoying for a few months until he was drafted. But Stanzi?

When will this shit fucking end?

When he is cut and not before.

You have to realize the proximity of Kinnick to Arrowhead and the fact that Stanzi won 3 bowl games for the Hawkeyes.

NJChiefsFan
10-11-2012, 11:19 PM
One more thing:

When will this shit ****ing end?

I think it was the perfect storm. You have a guy from a school people like. You have him on a team that has barely made any effort to draft a QB. Hell a 5th round QB is nearly ground breaking for this organization. Add to that the epic hate towards Cassel and the desire for us to finally get a QB of our own. Sprinkle a decent look in preseason 2011.

I do think at this point the love has died down a considerable amount, especially considering that the starting QB has finally gone down and the screaming for Stanzi is not very loud. I would like to see him just so we can clear Cassel and Quinn and know we are going to go after a QB next year.

Phobia
10-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Time will tell if I'm wrong or not.

Not really. Circumstances will tell. If a big sensitive RT decides to fall on his face and Quinn gets destroyed maybe Stanzi gets a chance.

Chocolate Hog
10-11-2012, 11:27 PM
I want Stanzi to play too because it means the Chiefs will be picking top 5

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Not really. Circumstances will tell. If a big sensitive RT decides to fall on his face and Quinn gets destroyed maybe Stanzi gets a chance.

Right Tackle is a sensitive position, so I have to give him somewhat of a break.

Of course, I'm basing my opinion on the last eight fucking pussies that have manned that position since 2005, so my sympathies by be a little skewed.

Phobia
10-11-2012, 11:33 PM
I want Stanzi to play too because it means the Chiefs will be picking top 5

Never saw this post coming.

Chocolate Hog
10-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Never saw this post coming.

They guy fell apart mentally against 3rd stringers and has been active for what 1 game in 2 seasons?

Phobia
10-11-2012, 11:51 PM
They guy fell apart mentally against 3rd stringers
Not really. Besides, that's rather irrelevant in your mind. You've always hated him.
and has been active for what 1 game in 2 seasons?
Yeah. That's how it works for 3rd string quarterbacks. They don't dress. Not sure of your real point there. Besides, we're only 5 games into the 2nd season and he'll dress out in Tampa. Is dressing out critical to your opinion?

DaneMcCloud
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Not really. Besides, that's rather irrelevant in your mind. You've always hated him.

Yeah. That's how it works for 3rd string quarterbacks. They don't dress. Not sure of your real point there. Besides, we're only 5 games into the 2nd season and he'll dress out in Tampa. Is dressing out critical to your opinion?

Quite honestly, I can't wait to see the guy play.

I've heard more about him in in the past few years than I've ever heard about a Chiefs backup QB in 4 decades.

Bring it.

BossChief
10-11-2012, 11:55 PM
I think Stanzi can do everything Orton did for us last year.

Take that for what its worth.

Phobia
10-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Quite honestly, I can't wait to see the guy play.

I've heard more about him in in the past few years than I've ever heard about a Chiefs backup QB in 4 decades.

Bring it.

I want to see him play too. I'd love to see him succeed but if he doesn't have the tools, it would be good to have that question answered as well. But not a single one of us talking about it has any control so I'm not gonna get all worked up either way.

Chocolate Hog
10-12-2012, 12:03 AM

Sorry but that's simply not true. He was visibly broken in that game against the Rams. Sure I've never cared for him but that's because I never thought he was good and to this point i've been right. It's not like I'm the only one who's shared this opinion.

He's been a 3rd stringer to Tyler Palko & Brady Quinn. That doesn't say anything?

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 12:08 AM
I think Stanzi can do everything Orton did for us last year.

Take that for what its worth.

Link me to your 2011 Pre and Post draft evaluations of Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Christin Ponder and Andy Dalton for comparison.

Thanks.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Link me to your 2011 Pre and Post draft evaluations of Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Christin Ponder and Andy Dalton for comparison.

Thanks.

If you want to be a dick, go do your own homework and use the search function.

I said more than a few times that I liked Locker and would have moved up for him and I even said I would have rather taken Gabbert with our pick than taken Stanzi in the second.

Lets not act as if Ive made Stanzi the end all, be all of quarterbacks on here.

Ive been very vocal about most first round quarterbacks before and after we drafted Stanzi.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 12:17 AM
If you want to be a dick, go do your own homework and use the search function.

I'm not being a dick. I'm asking for your objective opinion.

I've seen hundreds of posts in which you're not objective.

Can you show otherwise? Keep in mind, I was absent for 18 months.

Thanks!

BossChief
10-12-2012, 12:22 AM
The search function: use it.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 12:23 AM
The search function: use it.

No thanks

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 12:28 AM
1,992 replies for BossChief and Stanzi.

Yeah, and I'm going to weed through all of that?

Again, no thanks.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 12:29 AM
You didn't ask for my takes on Stanzi, did you?

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 12:32 AM
You didn't ask for my takes on Stanzi, did you?

Dude, I'm on an iPad right now. Searching sucks. I did your username and Stanzi. I'm not going to a search on each QB and your name because it's a PITA for me.

Phobia
10-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Sorry but that's simply not true. He was visibly broken in that game against the Rams. Sure I've never cared for him but that's because I never thought he was good and to this point i've been right. It's not like I'm the only one who's shared this opinion.
He had Rams crashing the pocket like there weren't even blockers there. Joe Montana would have shown similar traits under those circumstances. Even under that kind of pressure he posted 50% preseason completion rate just like Quinn. Nobody is right or wrong about Stanzi at this point because we simply don't know yet. I'd like to make my decision based on an actual game with actual linemen creating a pocket.
He's been a 3rd stringer to Tyler Palko & Brady Quinn. That doesn't say anything?

All it says to me is that he was a rookie and he's been at a political disadvantage in a system vastly weighted towards Cassel.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 12:37 AM
heres a start of a couple posts showing how much I am locked into Stanzi or bust...David Garrard
Matt Moore
Ryan Tannehill
Kyle Orton
Brandon Weeden (after trade downs that we shot down)
Andy Dalton
Josh Freeman
Jason Campbell
Joe Flacco

Most of those guys would be a legit backup/competition for the starters spot.heres my draft board going into the 2012 draft.

Ill take Tanehill over Poe AND Stephenson ALL DAY.

1a) Ryan Tannehill
1b) Mark Barron
2) Mercilus
3) Ingram
4) trade down for peanuts

rico
10-12-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm still on the Stanzi-wagon. :) And heck, I'm a ND fan (from the backwoods of Iowa) who liked Quinn.... and I like Stanzi more than Quinn. The Stanzi era was the closest I have ever come to making the permanent, full-fledged conversion from Irish fan to Hawkeyes fan. It was a lot of fun watching that guy.

For reasons similar to what Phobia has mentioned, I don't think the evidence of his atrocious 2012 preseason results were as damning as they came off. Everything is always so freaking circumstantial, and the circumstances were not in his favor during the Stanzi drives. Of course your elite QB's are able to work around situations where the circumstances are not in their favor and Stanzi most certainly did not do that. And he obviously made his own contributions to the total failure of his drives this preseason. But I don't think we were able to get a totally, 100%, indisputably clear and accurate portrayal of what he is capable of based on his 2012 preseason. The targets didn't exactly do him any favors. The O-line, not only didn't do him any favors, but they were straight-up detriments. It seemed like he always had someone smothering his ass, milliseconds after the ball was snapped...and it was different "smothering his ass" than what we saw in 2011...which was also bad. However, Stanzi didn't do himself any favors and what bothered me the most is that he appeared to be confused in terms of Daboll's playbook. Regardless, I think the future may be dim for Stanzi, but don't think the book is for 100% certainty, concluded. Gotta remember, Pioli drafted him....and if it's one thing that Pioli seems to have a boner for, it's finding late-round Cinderella story QB's who exceed expectations, making him look like a genius. And the dude has already been quoted as saying that he believes Stanzi can be a decent starter in the NFL some day. Yes, I know...Pioli isn't exactly a guru in terms of QB evaluation, but his wheels are evidently turning about Stanzi at least to a minimal extent....and it's a relatively decent sign that he hasn't been cut yet.

Stanzi is idolized by many Hawkeye fans. Many who were on the fence about the guy, are now longing for the Stanzi era, due to the frustrating current JVB era. IF (and I do realize the chances of this happening are not great) Stanzi ends up starting in Kansas City and does well, I will expect an increasing number of Iowan Kansas City Chiefs fans who were either strictly NCAA fans prior to, don't have a favorite NFL team or straight-up converts. Considering Iowa being relatively close to Kansas City in terms of geographical location... Stanzi succeeding could be good for business and the fan base MAY expand to a moderate extent. If this unlikely scenario EVER happens, expect some additional Iowa homers to join the fan base. Lol, you guys are probably thinking, "ohh great, just what we want." I'm just saying, that is how much some of the "common" Iowa homers feel about Stanzi. He was a "love him or hate him" type of QB, but many, many people love him here and due to the current JVB era, they are longing to relive the Stanzi era.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 12:39 AM
He had Rams crashing the pocket like there weren't even blockers there. Joe Montana would have shown similar traits under those circumstances. Even under that kind of pressure he posted 50% preseason completion rate just like Quinn. Nobody is right or wrong about Stanzi at this point because we simply don't know yet. I'd like to make my decision based on an actual game with actual linemen creating a pocket.

All it says to me is that he was a rookie and he's been at a political disadvantage in a system vastly weighted towards Cassel.

fucking Iowa homers.

rico
10-12-2012, 12:43 AM

Boom. Although I believe Stanzi is a "Pioli boy," Pioli has been gasping for breath trying to sell us on Cassel, which he may try to do by any means necessary.

Phobia
10-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Boom. Although I believe Stanzi is a "Pioli boy," Pioli has been gasping for breath trying to sell us on Cassel, which he may try to do by any means necessary.

Pioli has a late round pick invested in Stanzi and maybe a mill-five. He has a 2nd rounder and 63 mill tied up in Cassel. Yeah. Stanzi has a slight advantage over a street free agent at this point but not much.

rico
10-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Pioli has a late round pick invested in Stanzi and maybe a mill-five. He has a 2nd rounder and 63 mill tied up in Cassel. Yeah. Stanzi has a slight advantage over a street free agent at this point but not much.

Truth.

New World Order
10-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Stanzi is sucking on Pioli's teet, he is sitting on the sideline making 500k a year, but who can blame him? He's winning.

Chocolate Hog
10-12-2012, 01:56 AM

The Rams game they took out Stanzi early because he was shook and Quinn came in and threw a touchdown.

KCUnited
10-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Jesus this thread is sad. This is what Pioli has reduced us to, evaluating blurry ass stills of Ricky Stanzi in pre-season. May as well break out the big guns and post that still of Stanzi obviously coming out of his 3 step drop quicker than Cassel and Quinn from camp.

HemiEd
10-12-2012, 06:22 AM

bullshit

HemiEd
10-12-2012, 06:24 AM
aturnis and rico, too.

dammit

durtyrute
10-12-2012, 07:12 AM
I dont give up on my stance in a discussion easily. :)

This, I want this!

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Typical NFL player/coach/GM speak for the last eleventy billion years. Stupid if you think it's just KC.

bevischief
10-12-2012, 07:23 AM
:popcorn:

He can't be worse than Cassel...

rico
10-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Speaking of aturnis....I haven't noticed him around lately......

durtyrute
10-12-2012, 07:31 AM
:popcorn:

He can't be worse than Cassel...

There is no way that any QB on the roster can be worse than Cassel.

beach tribe
10-12-2012, 07:34 AM

I think it would be a huge mistake if this team doesn't at least see what he has to offer before this season is over. We're surely going to be bringing in QBs next off season, and we need to see if Stanzi has the goods to stay on board.
There's really no way to tell whether he can be a solid starter or not. If nothing else we may be able to Cassel/Flynn him to some other team for a good pick, that we could in turn use to move up in the draft and grab our guy.
And of course there is still that outside chance (waaay outside, but there, nonetheless) that he does come in, and pull a Brady and shock the world.
Could you imagine the joy.......We're not that lucky.

Dave Lane
10-12-2012, 07:35 AM
SNR
Htismaque
Iowanian
Phobia
BossChief

I'd way rather the starter be Stanzi than the known failure Brady. At least there is a CHANCE he might develop into something.

beach tribe
10-12-2012, 07:35 AM
There is no way that any QB on the roster can be worse than Cassel.

I used to think people were stupid for saying this, but Cassel has taken suck to a whole nother level this season.

beach tribe
10-12-2012, 07:38 AM
I'd way rather the starter be Stanzi than known failure Brady. At least there is a CHANCE he might develop into something.

Brady has actually only started 12 Games. I know this has been said, but it's worth repeating, that the sample size is really small. I don't think he's the answer, but I think he may be able to be an average starter, but we need better than average. We need a Franchise Guy.

King_Chief_Fan
10-12-2012, 09:06 AM

I guess we were wrong about that

Rausch
10-12-2012, 09:09 AM
I guess we were wrong about that

He may be some day.

Just not today.

Or tomorrow.

Or this season.

He $3it the bed in the preseason. The time when even Ca$$hole looks good...

King_Chief_Fan
10-12-2012, 09:12 AM
He may be some day.

Just not today.

Or tomorrow.

Or this season.

he is a pioli pick, same as cassel......

Dave Lane
10-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Brady has actually only started 12 Games. I know this has been said, but it's worth repeating, that the sample size is really small. I don't think he's the answer, but I think he may be able to be an average starter, but we need better than average. We need a Franchise Guy.

He's had 6 years to beat someone out and take the job. Fuck him he's dead to me if he can't beat out Tebow.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 10:32 AM
He's had 6 years to beat someone out and take the job. Fuck him he's dead to me if he can't beat out Tebow.

McDaniels drafted Tebow, so I don't think he ever had a shot in Denver.

As I said in another thread, I'm not going to pass judgement on Quinn until after I see him play in a Chiefs uni. There's just not a big enough sample size to make any sort of determination about his abilities in the NFL.

HemiEd
10-12-2012, 10:36 AM
I think it would be a huge mistake if this team doesn't at least see what he has to offer before this season is over. We're surely going to be bringing in QBs next off season, and we need to see if Stanzi has the goods to stay on board.
There's really no way to tell whether he can be a solid starter or not. If nothing else we may be able to Cassel/Flynn him to some other team for a good pick, that we could in turn use to move up in the draft and grab our guy.
And of course there is still that outside chance (waaay outside, but there, nonetheless) that he does come in, and pull a Brady and shock the world.
Could you imagine the joy.......We're not that lucky.

Yeah, they should have done this already, but the pursuit of 10-6 can not be compromised. Last season would have been the perfect time.

HemiEd
10-12-2012, 10:39 AM
He's had 6 years to beat someone out and take the job. **** him he's dead to me if he can't beat out Tebow.

Don't you think Elway/Fox caved to the fan pressure to play Tebow? Do you think Quinn actually ever got a shot?

Dave Lane
10-12-2012, 10:42 AM
McDaniels drafted Tebow, so I don't think he ever had a shot in Denver.

As I said in another thread, I'm not going to pass judgement on Quinn until after I see him play in a Chiefs uni. There's just not a big enough sample size to make any sort of determination about his abilities in the NFL.

But he still couldn't beat out Tebow LAST year. And McDaniels was gone, so I'm not going to give that potion of it much credit.

bevischief
10-12-2012, 10:42 AM
At least it's not Cassel. At least for this weekend...

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 10:44 AM
But he still couldn't beat out Tebow LAST year. And McDaniels was gone, so I'm not going to give that potion of it much credit.

I guess, although I believe Tebow was a marketing tool.

We'll know more at about 3:20 CST.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
He may be some day.

Just not today.

Or tomorrow.

Or this season.

Not today, but maybe tomorrow Not today, not today, but maybe tomorrooooow...

Reerun_KC
10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
you figured after Stanzi shitting down his legs Cassel style in the preseason would be enough evidence.

TEX
10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Stanzi Doesn't belong in the NFL. I bet he's out of the league next year

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 01:15 PM

Throw a touchdown pass.

Matt Cassel's thrown a few dozen of them. What's your point?

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm an Iowa fan.

Stanzi had a lot of positive mental qualities that NFL QBs need when he came out. That doesn't make me a homer anymore than Marshall Faulk, when he talked during the combine about how good Stanzi looked.

That being said, he's not the answer. I genuinely think had he gone to a better situation, he might be in a different position.

As far as the way people took to him, look how a lot of this fanbase embraced Brodie Croyle despite the fact that he was broken multiple times before he was ever drafted.

He's a QB drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs. That's how bad it is here.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Matt Cassel's thrown a few dozen of them. What's your point?

My point is that Stanzi was a fifth round draft choice. He's not the second coming of Tom Brady. He wasn't even the backup QB last year. That job was taken by the infamous Tyler Palko.

If he didn't play at Iowa, no one in this forum would even know who the guy is, let alone have his name mentioned 10,000 times in the past three years.

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 01:22 PM
My point is that Stanzi was a fifth round draft choice. He's not the second coming of Tom Brady.

Tom Brady wasn't Tom Brady until he stepped on the field.

He wasn't even the backup QB last year. That job was taken by the infamous Tyler Palko.

First of all, he wasn't gonna dress. That's the Patriot Way. And Haley was going to start his PA boy no matter what.

If he didn't play at Iowa, no one in this forum would even know who the guy is, let alone have his name mentioned 10,000 times in the past three years.

That's patently false. I watch 6-8 college football games a week. So do a lot of other people here. This has NOTHING at all to do with him playing at Iowa, at least not to those who maintain some shred of objectivity.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 01:28 PM
This has NOTHING at all to do with him playing at Iowa, at least not to those who maintain some shred of objectivity.

And who would those people be?

BossChief
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
My point is that Stanzi was a fifth round draft choice. He's not the second coming of Tom Brady. He wasn't even the backup QB last year. That job was taken by the infamous Tyler Palko.

And if he played for USC or a sec school and lead them to 3 bowl game victories, he would have probably been a first round pick because of the talent around him making him appear better.

It's a shame you haven't seen more of the kid play, your opinion about him would be different.

HemiEd
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I have been a Stanzi fan since his preseason appearance last year. He showed natural gifts that Cassel couldn't even comprehend.

I don't like Iowa football at all, or do I like the big 10. But I did have several Wisconsin fans tell me that the Chiefs got themselves a player when they drafted Stanzi.

L.A. Chieffan
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
For fucks sakes with the Stanzi shit. If Stanzi went to Washington St. or something nobody would give a shit about the third string QB. It's only because he went to Iowa. Give it up.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Mayock had Stanzi in the same group as Dalton as a prospect...but he is shit because he went to Iowa.

BTW...Iowa lost the two bowl games prior to Stanzi getting there and lost the one after he left, too...but strangely they won the 3 bowl games while he was there.

Don't let me sway this discussion with facts, though.

L.A. Chieffan
10-12-2012, 01:40 PM
My dad is a Hawkeye alum. I watched plenty of Stanzi. The best thing I can say about him is he's an extreme homeless man version of Matt Ryan. And that's being VERY generous.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Mayock had Stanzi in the same group as Dalton as a prospect...but he is shit because he went to Iowa.

BTW...Iowa lost the two bowl games prior to Stanzi getting there and lost the one after he left, too...but strangely they won the 3 bowl games while he was there.

KCUnited
10-12-2012, 01:42 PM

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 01:44 PM
And if he played for USC or a sec school and lead them to 3 bowl game victories, he would have probably been a first round pick because of the talent around him making him appear better.

It's a shame you haven't seen more of the kid play, your opinion about him would be different.

But he didn't.

Personally, I don't give a fuck where he played and that's the point: If he played for the University of San Diego, there wouldn't be 10,000+ posts pimping the guy.

TEX
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM

Ive seen him play plenty and each time my opinion of him gets worse. Dude is not an NFL QB. Not now, not ever - What he is, is perfect "competition" for Cassel - Pioli style.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 01:46 PM
For fucks sakes with the Stanzi shit. If Stanzi went to Washington St. or something nobody would give a shit about the third string QB. It's only because he went to Iowa. Give it up.

When he got to IC he was supposed to backup a good recruit qb and he won the starters job in open competition.

You can't say the same wouldn't have happened at another school.

DJ's left nut
10-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Stanzi is incredibly raw and seems like he may be a little immature.

That said, there are undeniable physical gifts there and a knack for keeping plays alive and making things happen that you're either born with or you're Matt Cassel.

For a year or so he'd be among the worst QBs in the NFL. But I think by the end of a 2nd year, you'd have an average starting quarterback on your hands with room for improvement.

That said, I truly don't think the fans would have enough patience with him. The failure that is Matt Cassel has spread its funk over Stanzi as well. If Stanzi were to struggle, we'd have fans going nuts about how Pioli was trying to cheap out on the position again, etc, etc...

And there could perhaps be some truth to that. But in the end, I think Stanzi could have been a viable starting QB for us had we played him over Palko last year, let him take his lumps and come into this season as the starter.

Phobia
10-12-2012, 01:50 PM
For ****s sakes with the Stanzi shit. If Stanzi went to Washington St. or something nobody would give a shit about the third string QB. It's only because he went to Iowa. Give it up.

I know for a fact that I would feel the same about Stanzi if he played for Mizzou, Kansas, or K-State simply because I would be similarly familiar with his capabilities because I see a few of these ballgames a year. I'm not an Iowa Homer whatsoever. I grew up there and I follow the Hawks because that's who I followed when I was a kid but I'm not rabid about any college team in particular. I even wear Mizzou and Texas gear around now and then. I'd buy a KU hat if I saw one I liked.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM

That said, there are undeniable physical gifts there and a knack for keeping plays alive and making things happen that you're either born with or you're Matt Cassel.

For a year or so he'd be among the worst QBs in the NFL. But I think by the end of a 2nd year, you'd have an average starting quarterback on your hands with room for improvement.

That said, I truly don't think the fans would have enough patience with him. The failure that is Matt Cassel has spread its funk over Stanzi as well. If Stanzi were to struggle, we'd have fans going nuts about how Pioli was trying to cheap out on the position again, etc, etc...

And there could perhaps be some truth to that. But in the end, I think Stanzi could have been a viable starting QB for us had we played him over Palko last year, let him take his lumps and come into this season as the starter.

Damn bro, I didn't know you went to/lived in Iowa...we could have been homering it up together.

All jokes aside, homerun post

Rep.

Pestilence
10-12-2012, 01:53 PM

You mean the season that Tebow took the Broncos to the playoffs? Yeah....because they were going to bench him for Quinn.

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 01:54 PM
And who would those people be?

Me, for one. I looked at Stanzi the same way I looked at all of the other QBs I watched on Saturdays. The fact he played at Iowa never figured into my opinion of him AT ALL after he left school.

He's not an elite talent but he has good size and had a knack for being super-clutch. With him at QB, Iowa won as BCS bowl which is pretty remarkable for a 2nd tier school filled with 2 and 3-star recruits.

the Talking Can
10-12-2012, 01:55 PM

facts?

he's a fifth round draft pick who has failed to even win a backup spot yet...he can't hold Dalton's jock

everything else is dudes in a circle masturbating...

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 01:56 PM
When he got to IC he was supposed to backup a good recruit qb and he won the starters job in open competition.

You can't say the same wouldn't have happened at another school.

He beat out an elite 11 QB but quite frankly that had more to do with Jake being the suck.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
With him at QB, Iowa won as BCS bowl which is pretty remarkable for a 2nd tier school filled with 2 and 3-star recruits.

The same could be said for Todd Reesing though, right?

You may have been a non-homer but the other 10,000 posts were made by homers.

The bottom line is that the guy is the biggest myth since Brian Shay, except it just won't stop.

durtyrute
10-12-2012, 01:58 PM

This to the muthafuckin max. It's funny how most are screaming for a rookie QB, but they know damn well they don't have the patience for it. After Matt Ryan's first and second years people were saying he was okay but would never be the one. Now, they can't wait to suck on his discharge machine. Sometimes it takes time and no I'm not saying Stanzi is Matt Ryan dumbasses.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 01:58 PM
I know for a fact that I would feel the same about Stanzi if he played for Mizzou, Kansas, or K-State simply because I would be similarly familiar with his capabilities because I see a few of these ballgames a year. I'm not an Iowa Homer whatsoever. I grew up there and I follow the Hawks because that's who I followed when I was a kid but I'm not rabid about any college team in particular. I even wear Mizzou and Texas gear around now and then. I'd buy a KU hat if I saw one I liked.

I haven't even watched an Iowa game this year...but I watch 2 or 3 college games a week.

I followed them a lot while Ricky was there because the team won games and was fun to watch.

If Stanzi threw a pick (half his career picks were in the first quarter of games) you could bet money that Stanzi would find a way to fight and claw his way back and win the game and that made for a lot of fun games.

What sold me was that Indiana game his first year...the kid has a fuckton of heart and leadership and thats what this team is in desperate need of right now. It's a shame he still hasn't gotten a chance.

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 02:01 PM

The bottom line is that the guy is the biggest myth since Brian Shay, except it just won't stop.

Stanzi didn't play in a spread and he is nearly a foot taller. Other than that, they are remarkably similar. :p

CoMoChief
10-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Todd Reesing was not a good QB

Neither is Stanzi

BossChief
10-12-2012, 02:06 PM

Hahahaha

Ok Dane.

DJ, SNR, Phobia, Iowanian, htismaque, myself, direcshun, sac, Aturnis, Rico, and a bunch of other posters are just homers that completely lack objectivity and you ARE objective in your opinion of a player you haven't even seen play a whole game.

Sure.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Hahahaha

Ok Dane.

DJ, SNR, Phobia, Iowanian, htismaque, myself, direcshun, sac, Aturnis, Rico, and a bunch of other posters are just homers that completely lack objectivity and you ARE objective in your opinion of a player you haven't even seen play a whole game.

Sure.

70% of those guys you listed either live or lived in Iowa and are Iowa fans.

And there has never been a more mentioned "faux" player in the history of Chiefsplanet than Ricky Stanzi.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Hey Dane, does Milkman live in Iowa?

From the little I've seen, he reminds me a of young Terry Bradshaw from a mechanical standpoint, and from decision making.

He's made a couple boneheaded ones, and that was the knock on Bradshaw.

People thought he just wasn't smart enough, which lead to poor decision making at the time.

Chad Pennington?

Seriously?

The kid looks like he has some real potential, and might possibly have a future.

DJ's left nut
10-12-2012, 02:28 PM
This to the muthafuckin max. It's funny how most are screaming for a rookie QB, but they know damn well they don't have the patience for it. After Matt Ryan's first and second years people were saying he was okay but would never be the one. Now, they can't wait to suck on his discharge machine. Sometimes it takes time and no I'm not saying Stanzi is Matt Ryan dumbasses.

Oh I don't think that's quite right either.

I think people would be extremely patient with someone like Geno or Wilson (ugh) or Barkley, Bray, etc...; guys that the team clearly thought were worthy of top-end assets and a legitimate shot to succeed.

But there's no more patience left for the Pat Barnes and Mark Vlasic's of the world. A couple of years ago there might have been, but there's no way another 2nd or 3rd day pick will be accepted by the fans right now. Right or wrong, they're only going to be patient if this is a first round, 'pedigreed' quarterback that's learning on the job.

But I think the fans will be plenty tolerant of a high-round rookie.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Hey Dane, does Milkman live in Iowa?

Here's the truth: I fucking HATE Ricky Stanzi and I hope fucking fails.

I'm so fucking sick of hearing his name in this forum that I fucking hate him. I hate more than I hated Joe Montana when he became a Chiefs (It was extremely painful watching that fuck in Chiefs uni).

I hate him more than this fan base hates Pioli right now and I can't wait for the day when I never have to hear about him again.

Happy?

Chocolate Hog
10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Here's the truth: I ****ing HATE Ricky Stanzi and I hope ****ing fails.

I'm so ****ing sick of hearing his name in this forum that I ****ing hate him. I hate more than I hated Joe Montana when he became a Chiefs (It was extremely painful watching that **** in Chiefs uni).

I hate him more than this fan base hates Pioli right now and I can't wait for the day when I never have to hear about him again.

Happy?

Haha. All the Stanzi homers remind me of BEP in politics when she talks about Ron Paul. It's a pretty impressive cult following for a guy who couldn't even beat out a guy who's now selling shoes and another journeyman QB.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Here's the truth: I fucking HATE Ricky Stanzi and I hope fucking fails.

I'm so fucking sick of hearing his name in this forum that I fucking hate him. I hate more than I hated Joe Montana when he became a Chiefs (It was extremely painful watching that fuck in Chiefs uni).

Happy?

Haha

U Mad?

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Haha. All the Stanzi homers remind me of BEP in politics when she talks about Ron Paul. It's a pretty impressive cult following for a guy who couldn't even beat out a guy who's now selling shoes and another journeyman QB.

The funny thing is that there aren't any Stanzi homers.

There's Boss and there's...well...there's...

You don't like BossChief. Guilt by association and nothing more...

HemiEd
10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Here's the truth: I ****ing HATE Ricky Stanzi and I hope ****ing fails.

I'm so ****ing sick of hearing his name in this forum that I ****ing hate him. I hate more than I hated Joe Montana when he became a Chiefs (It was extremely painful watching that **** in Chiefs uni).

Happy?

:LOL: Thats the spirit, welcome back Dane!

STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI STANZI

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Haha

U Mad?

Mad? No.

I just hope Ricky Stanzi gets a chance to play, then shits himself more than Cassel and Thigpen and Huard and Croyle COMBINED so that I never have to hear about him again.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 02:52 PM

Aturnis

Chocolate Hog
10-12-2012, 02:53 PM

I don't like BossChief? I wouldn't say that's exactly true.

The 2011 off season we were miles apart. Last off season we seemed to agree on nearly everything.

I don't like Ricky Stanzi. I've already explained this over and over I just don't think the guy is a good QB and i've already given numerous examples.

I don't think all the Stanzi supporters are Hawkeye homers but the thing that bothers me the most about all of this is how quickly dismissive you pro-Stanzi folks are of non-Stanzi believers.

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Aturnis

You'll have to forgive me. I was gone for several months and when I came back, the board was dominated by Hawkeye hate. I have no idea what happened but several of us have been here since the beginning and not had this happen.

I am not even sure who Aturnis is...

BossChief

I could quote at least 5 of YOUR posts saying Stanzi is a LEGIT franchise qb prospect...I just have the courage to stick to my guns on this topic. That's all.

I have no problem owning my opinions.

htismaqe
I don't think all the Stanzi supporters are Hawkeye homers but the thing that bothers me the most about all of this is how quickly dismissive you pro-Stanzi folks are of non-Stanzi believers.

Kind of ironic, don't you think?

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 02:59 PM
I could quote at least 5 of YOUR posts saying Stanzi is a LEGIT franchise qb prospect...I just have the courage to stick to my guns on this topic. That's all.

I have no problem owning my opinions.

Going into and coming out of that draft, I absolutely thought he WAS.

When one is wrong, it's not courageous to stick to your guns, it is foolish.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 03:01 PM
You'll have to forgive me. I was gone for several months and when I came back, the board was dominated by Hawkeye hate. I have no idea what happened but several of us have been here since the beginning and not had this happen.

People dislike Pioli and the patriot way like the plague and Pioli has ties to Ferentz and has drafted a couple players of his that most here didn't like and they are justified in their opinions because the reasons given for their dislike have been realized.

I liked the selections of Moeaki and Stanzi and therefore have taken the opposing side of most of those arguments.

Say hello to the bad guy.

BossChief
10-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Going into and coming out of that draft, I absolutely thought he WAS.

When one is wrong, it's not courageous to stick to your guns, it is foolish.

Haha

I'm wrong because Stanzi didn't light the world on fire behind protection that had his facemask grabbed before he was done with his dropback and had numerous linemen and blockers literally thrown into him inside of 2 seconds after the snap in preseason?...or hang a well placed pass fluke tipped into the hands of a defender?

Geez man, WADR you sure bail out quick when things aren't perfect.

Chocolate Hog
10-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Kind of ironic, don't you think?

If you're trying to paint me as a hypocrite i'm sorry but that's just not true. I dismissed Stanzi based on what I've seen on him as a player. You've dismissed my argument against Stanzi because I was a Nebraska fan (despite Nebraska never playing against Stanzi) instead of actually debating what I've said.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 03:13 PM

Boss Chief has been pimping Stanzi daily since October 2010. He thought the guy was worth a second rounder and I predicted (accurately, FWIW) that I wouldn't spend anything higher than a 5th rounder on the guy.

Since that original thread, the name Stanzi has shown up in more than 10,000 times. It's ridiculous.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Cassel has to be in the millions

keg in kc
10-12-2012, 04:12 PM
I just have the courage to stick to my guns on this topic.The courage to stick to your guns?

You realize you're on a fucking bulletin board, right.

LMAO

Phobia
10-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Mark Vlasic's of the world.

Vlasic.... there's another Iowa guy. Hated him as a Hawkeye, Charger, Chief, before, after, and always... but I'm the Iowa Homer. Sure.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Vlasic.... there's another Iowa guy. Hated him as a Hawkeye, Charger, Chief, before, after, and always... but I'm the Iowa Homer. Sure.

I've never thought of you as an Iowa homer

:shrug:

Phobia
10-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I've never thought of you as an Iowa homer

:shrug:

People do. It's okay. I take the blame for a lot of shit around this joint. I'm okay with it.

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Haha

I'm wrong because Stanzi didn't light the world on fire behind protection that had his facemask grabbed before he was done with his dropback and had numerous linemen and blockers literally thrown into him inside of 2 seconds after the snap in preseason?...or hang a well placed pass fluke tipped into the hands of a defender?

Geez man, WADR you sure bail out quick when things aren't perfect.

It really doesn't matter what potential Stanzi has...he's NEVER going to get a shot.

He was drafted by the wrong team and the wrong GM. He's tainted. Period.

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 05:57 PM
If you're trying to paint me as a hypocrite i'm sorry but that's just not true. I dismissed Stanzi based on what I've seen on him as a player. You've dismissed my argument against Stanzi because I was a Nebraska fan (despite Nebraska never playing against Stanzi) instead of actually debating what I've said.

No, I'm calling you a hypocrite because, from the day I came back, anybody that said ANYTHING good about Stanzi was automatically an Iowa homer.

There was nothing to debate because you never actually said anything about Stanzi - you were fixated on the people that were talking about him.

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 06:02 PM
People do. It's okay. I take the blame for a lot of shit around this joint. I'm okay with it.

I thinc yu mak mee spelll shit rong sometymes yu fucker.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
10-12-2012, 06:04 PM
I thinc yu mak mee spelll shit rong sometymes yu ****er.
Posted via Mobile Device

I do. So what?

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 06:14 PM
I do. So what?

I never said I gave a shit about it...

How's life with the boy? Is it really that different than just having a bunch of daughters?
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
10-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I have spoken out seeing Stanzi with the first string but not as much as others have. I have seen several of his games and would to see what he's got. Can't be worse than what we have seen from Cassel the last 4 years or Palko.

Phobia
10-12-2012, 06:36 PM
I never said I gave a shit about it...

How's life with the boy? Is it really that different than just having a bunch of daughters?
Posted via Mobile Device

He's 11 weeks old Monday - laughing and smiling. So far, no. Not really that much different. But my wife and I are still trying to wrap our heads around having another kid, much less a boy. Crazy times. I'm sure it will get different as he grows up though.

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 06:46 PM
He's 11 weeks old Monday - laughing and smiling. So far, no. Not really that much different. But my wife and I are still trying to wrap our heads around having another kid, much less a boy. Crazy times. I'm sure it will get different as he grows up though.
We are exactly four Weeks out tomorrow. C section is already scheduled. Room is ready lol. My room isn't yet though, couple days there. But shit is getting real, the next youngest is seven. So we are in the same boat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
We are exactly four Weeks out tomorrow. C section is already scheduled. Room is ready lol. My room isn't yet though, couple days there. But shit is getting real, the next youngest is seven. So we are in the same boat.
Posted via Mobile Device

We thought we were 3 weeks out with the scheduled C-sec and he came early.

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 06:55 PM
We thought we were 3 weeks out with the scheduled C-sec and he came early.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. And fuck you for even bringing it up.

We aren't THAT ready. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Well she just informed me that she is lol.

Still a C section?
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Our oldest is 4 and a half and the newborn is eight weeks. No problems at all.

I'm more than eleven years older than my youngest brother and we're super close. Age isn't a big deal within a tight knit family.

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Our oldest is 4 and a half and the newborn is eight weeks. No problems at all.

I'm more than eleven years older than my youngest brother and we're super close. Age isn't a big deal within a tight knit family. we have a 16 11 7 and soon to be a new born. First boy though.

Not worried about the age issues, our seven year old loves babies. She has always read to the baby room at daycare by choice . She had to BEG to do it the first time but now she does it every day.
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 07:02 PM
WE are the ones who are going to be in trouble Dane lol. Be different with a new little baby, well maybe not so little..

They have all been close to ten pounds, couple ounces shy each.

And the wife is bigger this time around than ever before.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
10-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Well she just informed me that she is lol.

Still a C section?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. She was laying down on a Sunday night and the baby was usually very active that time of night and he wasn't. So she ate some food trying to wake him up. Don't know if you remember but we lost a full-term baby 4 years ago. He still wasn't moving so we ran to the ER. They hooked her up and said his heart rate was goofy and that he was in distress so they took him. Pediatrician said our cautious approach saved him. He was expecting the worst based on the story he got from ER staff.

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Yeah. She was laying down on a Sunday night and the baby was usually very active that time of night and he wasn't. So she ate some food trying to wake him up. Don't know if you remember but we lost a full-term baby 4 years ago. He still wasn't moving so we ran to the ER. They hooked her up and said his heart rate was goofy and that he was in distress so they took him. Pediatrician said our cautious approach saved him. He was expecting the worst based on the story he got from ER staff.
Damn. Glad it worked out. Wife was sick tues and cramping throwing up so her and her mom went to er, they were in sedalia, but the baby's heart beat was great so they sent her home
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 07:20 PM
we have a 16 11 7 and soon to be a new born. First boy though.

Not worried about the age issues, our seven year old loves babies. She has always read to the baby room at daycare by choice . She had to BEG to do it the first time but now she does it every day.
Posted via Mobile Device

See this is why I quit.

I got all girls, not sure I could handle a boy.

It's nice being the only male in the house. ;)

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Funny he is very active at night too.
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 07:24 PM
See this is why I quit.

I got all girls, not sure I could handle a boy.

It's nice being the only male in the house. ;)
I have worried about this some too. my little one runs with dad everywhere. She goes to work with me every chance she gets. Hell she took a guys money and gave him correct change last night. She has answered the phones and been a great tool hander.

It's going to be different. That's for sure. But she will still be my running mate.

Hell between me and my best friend we have seven girls. He keeps trying for a boy and gets denied. We weren't trying this time. Birth control baby. He's pissed
Posted via Mobile Device

Chocolate Hog
10-12-2012, 07:41 PM
No, I'm calling you a hypocrite because, from the day I came back, anybody that said ANYTHING good about Stanzi was automatically an Iowa homer.

There was nothing to debate because you never actually said anything about Stanzi - you were fixated on the people that were talking about him.

This isn't true at all. I even said in this thread not all Stanzi supporters are Iowa homers.

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 07:44 PM
This isn't true at all. I even said in this thread not all Stanzi supporters are Iowa homers.

I was talking more about the dust up we had shortly after I came back.

You have been more fair recently. And I've come to realize that I just happened to come back at precisely the wrong time. It's entirely possible you were fair before too but i wasnt here to witnes that - you were just to the point of being fed up at the exact same time I came back.

Phobia
10-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Funny he is very active at night too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't discount inactivity. Our Emersyn was gone 2-3 days before my wife went into labor and we went in. Babies should be moving at least a couple times an hour and if they aren't, go in.

keg in kc
10-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Leave for a few minutes to read and this place turns into Parenting.

Phobia
10-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I was talking more about the dust up we had shortly after I came back.

You have been more fair recently. And I've come to realize that I just happened to come back at precisely the wrong time. It's entirely possible you were fair before too but i wasnt here to witnes that - you were just to the point of being fed up at the exact same time I came back.

Billay fair? I need some of what you're smoking.

Phobia
10-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Leave for a few minutes to read and this place turns into Parenting.

You shut up or I'll knock up your ex-wife

keg in kc
10-12-2012, 07:51 PM
You shut up or I'll knock up your ex-wifeGo for it. Don't say I didn't warn you when your dick falls off.

htismaqe
10-12-2012, 07:53 PM
You shut up or I'll knock up your ex-wife

Just by looking at her...

JASONSAUTO
10-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Don't discount inactivity. Our Emersyn was gone 2-3 days before my wife went into labor and we went in. Babies should be moving at least a couple times an hour and if they aren't, go in.
Oh yeah if he isn't moving she's doing things to get him moving.

We have a special needs child so us and the doctors are extra cautious. Same doc as before so they see her a couple times a week
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
10-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Oh yeah if he isn't moving she's doing things to get him moving.

We have a special needs child so us and the doctors are extra cautious. Same doc as before so they see her a couple times a week
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. Same. Kinda. Docs think Emersyn had Downs and that her heart failed due to that.

JASONSAUTO
10-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah. Same. Kinda. Docs think Emersyn had Downs and that her heart failed due to that.

When ours was born they had NO idea there was an issues. Had said her head was a little small but no problem. Well there WAS problem. The doctor has obviously been bothered by this for years. He cried when our next was born.
Posted via Mobile Device