PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs >>>>The Official "How Many 1st's Would You Give For GENO" Thread<<<<<

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Hell, I'd give ten of them for this guy.

Srsly, I'd give this year's, plus two more aaaand a 2nd for Geno Smith. Why? Because he's not only good, he's a fucking winner, folks. Geno Smith is lightning in a bottle.

This team will win too many games to be 1st up come April. Either trade up or it's Landry Jones time.

Y'all better start thinking seriously about what it will take, because if ya don't, the Chiefs won't. You know by now the organization reads this forum religiously.

I'm no draft guru, but some of you folks are pretty good at this part of the game, I'd like to read your thoughts and scenarios.

Work it through for them.

Chocolate Hog
10-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Depends where the Chiefs are picking and who's available.

Gonzo
10-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Ya but.... He had a bad game yesterday so we should draft a Nickle corner in the 1st.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Swap 1st and give up our 3rd this year and next years 3rd...tops.

seamonster
10-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Geno smith doesn't have world class speed, isn't exactly making the same quick decisions as an RGIII (what the fuck was that TTech game), and from what I've seen looks a little too much like a rich mans Jason Cambell playing against gnub's defenses. If the chiefs give up two first round draft picks for geno smith, like the redskins, they'll be shtbags for another ten years. As generic and boring as this years quarterback potential is I'm convinced there has to be a better quarterback in the draft than freakin geno smith and I wouldn't let pioli, or a sheep fanbase, come within a thousand miles of making that decision.

Ace Gunner
Ya but.... He had a bad game yesterday so we should draft a Nickle corner in the 1st.

Mods, this post is so truthful it hurts. :(

malachi47000
Whatever it took. This franchise needs a QB and I am not excited about any of the other QB's.

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Geno smith doesn't have world class speed, isn't exactly making the same quick decisions as an RGIII (what the **** was that TTech game), and from what I've seen looks a little too much like a rich mans Jason Cambell playing against gnub's defenses. If the chiefs give up two first round draft picks for geno smith, like the redskins, they'll be shtbags for another ten years. As generic and boring as this years quarterback potential is I'm convinced there has to be a better quarterback in the draft than freakin geno smith and I wouldn't let pioli, or a sheep fanbase, come within a thousand miles of making that decision.

I think you are missing Geno's magic. He has lightning quick instincts and a fast release. He plays fast and that is what makes him special.

He's not going to be "the greatest ever" but he is going to be an elite QB in the NFL.

Elite is what you want, right?

TribalElder
10-14-2012, 09:17 AM
This years first

Gonzo
10-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Mods, this post is so truthful it hurts. :(

Truth hurts, huh?

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Truth hurts, huh?

:cuss:

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Y'all know the Chiefs are gonna go win 3 more games this season. So, at 4 - 12, what will it take?

TribalElder
10-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Y'all know the Chiefs are gonna go win 3 more games this season. So, at 4 - 12, what will it take?

A couple more Texas techish games by Geno.

Geno Smith, come on down!

Count Zarth
10-14-2012, 09:27 AM
2 + any player on the roster

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 09:34 AM

Jamaal?????

Sacrilege.

I think it's going to take more than two firsts.

Count Zarth
10-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Jamaal?????

Sacrilege.

I think it's going to take more than two firsts.

If we get a top 10 QB, we can plug in any above average RB and run a successful offense.

Sacrificing Jamaal for a franchise QB is absolutely worth it.

Dave Lane
10-14-2012, 09:39 AM

Thats about my max. I might go 3 1st if they agree to take Cassel and play him.

Rausch
10-14-2012, 09:41 AM
I would go Ditka-retarded for a top 2 QB...

Sofa King
10-14-2012, 09:42 AM

Even McCluster?

Rausch
10-14-2012, 09:46 AM

It's not necessary.

Look what the Skins gave up...

Hog Farmer
10-14-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't understand why everyone is wasting their energy even thinking about Pioli picking a QB in the first and he DAMN sure won't trade an extra pick of any sort to do that !

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 09:48 AM
If we get a top 10 QB, we can plug in any above average RB and run a successful offense.

:sulk:

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 09:49 AM
It's not necessary.

Look what the Skins gave up...

true.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Give up another pick before Jamaal. Easy solution.

Buckweath
10-14-2012, 09:52 AM
You give minimum 3 first round picks and some more. That will be the prise anyway and plenty worth it if you ask me.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Hell, I'd give ten of them for this guy.

Srsly, I'd give this year's, plus two more aaaand a 2nd for Geno Smith. Why? Because he's not only good, he's a ****ing winner, folks. Geno Smith is lightning in a bottle.

"Ten first round picks. Just kidding, only three plus first round picks."

Safe to say this fan base has been pressed beyond the brink of insanity

Rausch
You give minimum 3 first round picks and some more. That will be the prise anyway and plenty worth it if you ask me.

From where to where?...

TribalElder
With a loss today when do we start thinking about pulling an Indy so we can save picks

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Give up another pick before Jamaal. Easy solution.

Ya, that's why I put together 2 firsts plus a 2nd rndr.

How many teams will be 4 - 12 or worse that need a QB?

boogblaster
10-14-2012, 09:56 AM
0 .. thats ZERO .....

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 09:57 AM
"Ten first round picks. Just kidding, only three plus first round picks."

Safe to say this fan base has been pressed beyond the brink of insanity

In hindsight, I think I meant 2 firsts altogether... heh.

Rausch
10-14-2012, 09:59 AM
With a loss today when do we start thinking about pulling an Indy so we can save picks

Horrible idea.

You're only wasting more high draft picks on a GM who's wasted them the last 4 years.

Great plan you ****ing idiot.

Let's tank the season and ruin the next 4 months so we can have a total bafoon use a high draft pick on yet another bust ruining the next year as well.

Well thought out.

Pioli will only continue to push this team down the spiral of suck...

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 10:04 AM
The funny thing is, Smith's season could easily turn downward as they get into the meat of their schedule. This isn't the Big East anymore. The way things work his draft stock could fall dramatically. Texas Tech doesn't exactly count as wilting under pressure against a great team. I'm not against him if we are in draft position, but it would be funny if by the end of the season all the catharsis had shifted entirely to Barkley or someone else, which would not be all that surprising.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Horrible idea.

You're only wasting more high draft picks on a GM who's wasted them the last 4 years.

Great plan you ****ing idiot.

Let's tank the season and ruin the next 4 months so we can have a total bafoon use a high draft pick on yet another bust ruining the next year as well.

We could at least get in draft position and TEMPT him to draft a QB.

If we "save" our season and go 6-10 or 7-9 about half the fans here will be cheering and want romeo and Brady Orton back next year. Winning games just means we are going to end up with Cassel or Quinn as next years opening day starter.

Rausch
10-14-2012, 10:05 AM
The funny thing is, Smith's season could easily turn downward as they get into the meat of their schedule. This isn't the Big East anymore. The way things work his draft stock could fall dramatically. Texas Tech doesn't exactly count as wilting under pressure against a great team. I'm not against him if we are in draft position, but it would be funny if by the end of the season all the catharsis had shifted entirely to Barkley or someone else, which would not be all that surprising.

If Pioli is still running the show I'm sure the combine will be a deciding factor...

Rausch
10-14-2012, 10:07 AM
We could at least get in draft position and TEMPT him to draft a QB.

If we "save" our season and go 6-10 or 7-9 about half the fans here will be cheering and want romeo and Brady Orton back next year. Winning games just means we are going to end up with Cassel or Quinn as next years opening day starter.

No.

Ca$$hole is gone.

Him being gone alone will up the butts in seats...

bevischief
10-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Thats about my max. I might go 3 1st if they agree to take Cassel and play him.

Just take him don't care if they play him.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 10:09 AM
No.

Ca$$hole is gone.

Him being gone alone will up the butts in seats...

If he could play his way out of a job, I think it would have happened already.

He leads the NFL in turnovers. We have had to go to a Stone Age offense because he can't throw the damn football. It's been obvious since midway last season that he sucks.

I'm not so sure that Pioli doesn't believe Cassel is still our guy, that he has had a tough stretch of games but will be fine if he can just stop the turnovers.

wazu
10-14-2012, 10:11 AM
I'd trade Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry, Jonathan Baldwin, and Dontari Poe, plus every first round pick remaining on Pioli's contract.

TribalElder
10-14-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd trade Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry, Jonathan Baldwin, and Dontari Poe, plus every first round pick remaining on Pioli's contract.

He has a 2 year extension brewing according to CBS today

The Iron Chief
10-14-2012, 10:23 AM
I'll give my first born and toss my wife in for incentive.... I kid.

Oh its my 1st wife so my answer I guess is I'd give 2 firsts.

ILChief
10-14-2012, 10:24 AM
keep doubting Brady Quinn.....

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I'll give my first born and toss my wife in for incentive.... I kid.

Oh its my 1st wife so my answer I guess is I'd give 2 firsts.

Welp. I'll throw in a couple GS pups.

With this loss I believe the line of safety drawn around Pioli's office has been erased.

The new (future) GM needs to know in no uncertain terms fans want Geno at a premium. Period.

KCFaninSEA
10-14-2012, 04:03 PM
By the way things are shaping up KC will be able to draft whomever they want because they just might have the first pick in the draft. I don't see any reason why they CAN win another game this year.

clyde05
10-14-2012, 04:03 PM

Honestly, I don't see chiefs winning 3 more even with the schedule we have, he'll Oakland might beat us twice, that's pathetic. With way we played today we will be lucky to win 1 more game.

Rain Man
10-14-2012, 04:06 PM
I still don't think you blow multiple firsts on one guy. If you're willing to invest a bunch of first-round picks, just keep them and keep using them on quarterbacks until you get one that's good. It's a better risk/reward strategy.

JASONSAUTO
10-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I've said before and will stick by it.

Trade every pick in the next two drafts for him.

Should have done it for RG3 too
Posted via Mobile Device

clyde05
10-14-2012, 04:41 PM
I've said before and will stick by it.

Trade every pick in the next two drafts for him.

Should have done it for RG3 too
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't think we will have to trade up, we will be 1st overall pick with the way team this is playing,coaching etc....

Priest31kc
10-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Do anything to get Geno....

Before today, I thought we'd pick in the 7-9 range, but now I firmly believe we'll be picking in the Top 5, possibly #1...

I still think this team has too much talent on both sides of the ball to not win atleast 2 or 3 more games this year with our schedule...

The thing is though, if Oakland, Cleveland and Jacksonville are at that #1 spot, I highly highly doubt they'd trade out of it, they're gunna want Geno too....

lcarus
10-14-2012, 04:48 PM
I say we just keep doing whatever the hell it is we're doing on Sunday afternoons and we won't have to give up a damn thing for Geno.

clyde05
10-14-2012, 04:50 PM
I could see Oakland taking Geno but don't see Jacksonville or Cleveland taking another qb in first round so soon

SCTrojan
I say we just keep doing whatever the hell it is we're doing on Sunday afternoons and we won't have to give up a damn thing for Geno.

Yep

clyde05

Exactly

Priest31kc
10-14-2012, 04:54 PM
I could see Oakland taking Geno but don't see Jacksonville or Cleveland taking another qb in first round so soon

If Weeden continues to improve than yeah you're probably right...

Damn you Gabbert for sucking. As a Mizzou fan, it would suck to see Gabs failure prevent us from getting Geno...

And yeah if Oakland gets the #1 pick, I think they'll definitely take him.

The 2 games against the Raiders this year are huge...Gotta lose!

WV
10-14-2012, 04:55 PM
If Weeden continues to improve than yeah you're probably right...

Damn you Gabbert for sucking. As a Mizzou fan, it would suck to see Gabs failure prevent us from getting Geno...

And yeah if Oakland gets the #1 pick, I think they'll definitely take him.

The 2 games against the Raiders this year are huge...Gotta lose!

This! Oakland is the only competition for Geno IMO.

J Diddy
10-14-2012, 04:55 PM

It's not just them picking. If they're ahead of us, they can trade picks too.

Flachief58
10-14-2012, 05:01 PM

Yep, at the rate we're losing, we should have #1 overall wrapped up by week 11

Priest31kc
10-14-2012, 05:02 PM

True.

However we need to grow some balls for once and for the sake of the franchise and do whatever it takes to get him. There is no price too high for a franchise QB. Not to mention it's been 30 freakin years since we've taken a QB in the 1st. Just outbid everyone. Atleast Jacksonville, Oakland & Cleveland have some hope at QB...we have none. We are the most desperate for a QB, so do whatever it freakin takes to get the best one.

I hope whoever Clark hires as GM has a hard on for Geno.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 05:03 PM
He might not even be the QB we want at the end of the year.

clyde05
10-14-2012, 05:04 PM

Yes I know that I was responding to another guys post who just brought up Cleveland, Jacksonville and Oakland

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Jacksonville isn't in the same class of bad as the Chiefs are, IMO

MeatRock
10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
The way this season is going, it might only take a first in 2013 to move up if we even need to.

lcarus
10-14-2012, 05:09 PM
I'll give up 10 games in this already lost season for Geno Smith.

prhom
10-14-2012, 05:10 PM
If Pioli is still the GM he'll probably trade down from whatever high pick we have to get more picks because we have too many positions of need outside of qb to waste a high pick on a guy that might bust.

lcarus
10-14-2012, 05:15 PM
If Pioli is still the GM he'll probably trade down from whatever high pick we have to get more picks because we have too many positions of need outside of qb to waste a high pick on a guy that might bust.

That's probably the exact train of thought inside that douches noggin. Which is precisely why Clark should realize this and FIRE HIS DUMB ASS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AFTER WEEK 17.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Can you imagine if we traded down... Great googly moogly

SCTrojan
10-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Yep, at the rate we're losing, we should have #1 overall wrapped up by week 11

Of course, what will happen is we'll win the last four games of the season when it truly doesn't mean anything, move down into the middle of the pack, and the front office will think that the with the way we finished the season, there's no reason to make any radical changes.