PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rate Brady Quinn's performance today.

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 02:59 PM
What say you?

Damnit, poll failure.

Reerun_KC
10-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Quinn is Cassel. Different guy same results. Yet someone will blow Quinn and blame the defense.

Lonewolf Ed
10-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Well... Quinn did throw to more than just one tight end. And then he, um... I'm not coming up with anything else.

Deberg_1990
Stanzi time yet?

BryanBusby
ass

petegz28
C-

DaFace
You should be able to add a poll under thread tools. If not, let me know what you wanted the poll to be and I'll add it.

DaFace
10-14-2012, 03:03 PM
As for Quinn, I'd give him a C compared to expectations and an F compared to what a legit NFL QB should be able to do.

qabbaan
Damnit, There was going to be a poll

A
B
C
D
F
Cassel

cabletech94
quinnnn < poooooop

Discuss Thrower
A drop by Maneri leading to an INT, and a fluke roll off McCluster for the 2nd.

Quinn looked like a better QB, stats won't back that up.

Not good enough to save his job; Cassel returns in two weeks GET ESSITED GUISE.

DaFace
10-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Damnit, There was going to be a poll

A
B
C
D
F
Cassel

Added.

lewdog
10-14-2012, 03:05 PM
C-

qabbaan
10-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Added.

Thank you kind sir

Phobia
10-14-2012, 03:08 PM
He's a better QB than Cassel. He's worse than the Bucs Punter.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure how he can even get to a C; what did he actually accomplish out there?

The gameplan had something to do with it, but you can't very well give him a grade based on what he could have theoretically accomplished.

It was a well below average day for an NFL quarterback. I can't think of any passes he just botched, but I can't think of any plays he made a particularly good throw on either.

D.

LiL stumppy
10-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Neither int were his fault. He stood in the pocket and coverted some 3rd down plays. B

KC Tattoo
10-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Raiduhs > Quinn > Cassell

lewdog
10-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Neither int were his fault. He stood in the pocket and coverted some 3rd down plays. B

Leading the team to a whopping 3 points!

I change my C- to a D-

milkman
10-14-2012, 03:24 PM
I made this comparison in chat, and I'm going to throw it out here.

Brady Quinn is like getting anally raped by a 4 inch dick.
Matt Cassel is like getting anally raped by a 10 inch dick.

You think getting anally raped is by a 4 inch dick is less painful, but who the fuck cares?

You're still geting a dick in your ass.

penchief
10-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Same results but at least he doesn't look like Buster Keaton out there. Can actually throw a legit pass.

cabletech94
10-14-2012, 03:27 PM

You think getting anally raped is by a 4 inch dick is less painful, but who the **** cares?

i hate your completely sane logic. damn it's hard being a fan of this team.

dilligaf
10-14-2012, 03:31 PM
I voted D. Better than Cassel and the picks weren't his fault but still not good enough. :banghead:

HoneyBadger
10-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Could be better. Could be cassel.

Dave Lane
10-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Awesome!!

the Talking Can
10-14-2012, 03:36 PM
people are giving him a C?

LMAO

Caseyguyrr
10-14-2012, 03:36 PM
oh shit didnt see the cassel option

Rain Man
10-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Quinn tried to make some plays downfield even if they didn't work. Quinn didn't give up on plays. His ultimate performance was poor, but he's basically the equivalent of starting a car that's been sitting in the garage for five years. It's going to sputter at first.

jd1020
10-14-2012, 04:08 PM

LMAO

People are giving him a D?

LMAO

4.7 YPA and 2 INTs against the 32nd ranked passing defense.

Anything above a F or Cassel is just plain ignorant.

perdue65
10-14-2012, 04:10 PM
i dont post here much ,but love the chiefs ,i think quinn could carry us but the team doesnt belive and if you think your going to lose then your going to lose.we dont belive we can win

Pablo
10-14-2012, 04:13 PM

LMAO

Some people actually have Quinn avatars and signatures. You shouldn't be surprised.

Rain Man
10-14-2012, 04:13 PM
i dont post here much ,but love the chiefs ,i think quinn could carry us but the team doesnt belive and if you think your going to lose then your going to lose.we dont belive we can win

Our first goal will be to believe that we can avoid getting blown out. I want to hear an impassioned pregame speech with the theme of "We can keep the loss to under 20, people! You have to believe! Let's go out there and lose by 17!"

King_Chief_Fan
10-14-2012, 04:39 PM
what say anything...
I couldn't tell Cassel was missing.
But the O line and Charles werent there

Oh and that Crennel led defense...what a wonder they are

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 04:41 PM
quinnnn < poooooop

by poooooop you mean Cassel:D

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Tellin ya, you fuckers can whine away about it, but Haley was the piston in KC. That dude had this team, at least some of these players, playing ball. Hunt fired the wrong dude.

Simplicity
10-14-2012, 04:46 PM
A if he had an actual OC and actual WR's who can catch. C with what he actually had.

jspchief
10-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Quinn is Cassel. Different guy same results. Yet someone will blow Quinn and blame the defense.

This team has only trailed 600-3 in the first qtr through 6 games. Clearly the defense is blameless.

CLX
10-14-2012, 04:50 PM
This team has only trailed 600-3 in the first qtr through 6 games. Clearly the defense is blameless.

You are wrong. I've been reading a few different Chiefs boards, the problem is Cassel, today was 100% proof of that.

I think they need to trade the SOB.

Ace Gunner
10-14-2012, 04:52 PM
A if he had an actual OC and actual WR's who can catch. C with what he actually had.

this. excuses for Bowe continue. same with DJ, whom was targeted for the entire game changing 3rd qtr drive that led to the TD and pretty much made the whole team siddown afterwards.

Rain Man
10-14-2012, 04:53 PM
You are wrong. I've been reading a few different Chiefs boards, the problem is Cassel, today was 100% proof of that.

I think they need to trade the SOB.

Trade? Are there teams out there that need a quarterback with a rating south of 70? Are they calling? If so, I completely agree that we should trade him.

Dicky McElephant
10-14-2012, 04:55 PM

This.

The entire team has quit. This season is over.

Munson
10-14-2012, 05:02 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Gladiator_Thumb_Down_01.gif

morphius
10-14-2012, 05:05 PM
stared down receivers, always threw behind the player, panic in the pocket... The INT's may not have been his fault, but his inability to throw his bullets in places where people could catch his passes was his fault. It almost feels like the coaches teach them to throw it that way, or they really do practice too slowly so that when they get in the game they are out of sync.

FAX
10-14-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm curious about something ...

I heard Mitch call a ton of slants today ... timing routes on a quick release sort of play. That surprised me because Quinn hasn't practiced with the 1s much at all. Did they run any come-backs or wheels or other routes that didn't require so much precision?

The one pass to Eachus sounded like a nice play ... fake the run and he goes up the middle uncovered. No timing there ... just wait for him to get to the second level and hit him.

FAX

A Salt Weapon
10-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I giving him a B, yeah we're didn't look that great on offense however he was leading receivers, making good throws and showing awareness in the pocket.
The bucs d-line came to play, either that or ours was fighting the flu. Our line looked like shit today, combined with no running game, Quinn didn't look bad.
Our D was a little outmatched in the passing game, and every possible break went in Tampa's favor. Just a day of bad bounces.
I really would like to see Quinn get another shot.
The blocked punt for a pick 6 might have been the sweetest play I've ever seen.
Posted via Mobile Device

morphius
10-14-2012, 05:16 PM
I giving him a B, yeah we're didn't look that great on offense however he was leading receivers, making good throws and showing awareness in the pocket.
The bucs d-line came to play, either that or ours was fighting the flu. Our line looked like shit today, combined with no running game, Quinn didn't look bad.
Our D was a little outmatched in the passing game, and every possible break went in Tampa's favor. Just a day of bad bounces.
Posted via Mobile Device
leading the receiver? really?

FringeNC
10-14-2012, 05:23 PM
He's like Cassel. He has no pocket presence, and locks onto his primary receiver. And what's with all that jumping around with no real pressure? Like Cassel, he doesn't have it mentally.

Bump
10-14-2012, 05:24 PM
meh on Quinn. He can make some good throws but seems like he panics at the first sign of pressure. It's not Cassel, but whatever.

The team is obviously playing to lose and that's great! Get Geno Smith baby!

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Brady is our long-term solution at QB by definition; he's a first round draft pick quarterback, which seems to be the only qualification for many fans. We should be thrilled.

htismaqe
10-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

This is how bad Cassel is.

He is SO bad that people LIKE what they saw from Brady Quinn.

htismaqe
10-14-2012, 06:36 PM
He's like Cassel. He has no pocket presence, and locks onto his primary receiver. And what's with all that jumping around with no real pressure? Like Cassel, he doesn't have it mentally.

Bingo.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Had to leave, but from what I saw it was status quo for shit QB play in Kansas City.

Flachief58
10-14-2012, 06:45 PM
F. Better than Casshole but just barely

Priest31kc
10-14-2012, 06:51 PM
F

MeatRock
10-14-2012, 06:55 PM
D for Dingleberry

Brock
10-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO Yeah, just some really tough breaks out there today.

chiefs1111
10-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Different turd,same result. They both suck

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Usually I give Cassel 10 courics, gonna be nice and give Brady 9.

ROYC75
10-14-2012, 07:02 PM
1st start in sometime I would say average. C at best, he forced a few throws. Both INT's were not so much his fault, one was iffy by throwing into tight coverage, but it was catch able.

With more time with the 1's , he can be a service able QB. His one big failure in the past is his inconsistency with his passes.

Bottom line is we need a good # 1 QB and much better coaches.

tredadda
10-14-2012, 07:05 PM
I gave him a C. It was a very Orton-ish performance. Moved the ball pretty well, but failed to put it into the end zone. The INTs were as much on the receivers as they were him.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2012, 07:08 PM
1st start in sometime I would say average. C at best, he forced a few throws. Both INT's were not so much his fault, one was iffy by throwing into tight coverage, but it was catch able.

With more time with the 1's , he can be a service able QB. His one big failure in the past is his inconsistency with his passes.

Bottom line is we need a good # 1 QB and much better coaches.You just described Matt Cassel.

tonyetony
10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
He's not the answer and tried to fit it in some unreasonably tight windows but he didn't hang anyone out to dry for a career ending injury either. I'll take him for the remainder of our quest to draft the highest rated QB in next years draft.

thurman merman
10-14-2012, 08:20 PM
I voted D.

Positives:
Neither one of the interceptions was his fault.
He knows how to escape pressure and not crawl up into fetal position.
He's clearly better than what Cassel has been.

Negatives:
He was playing the worst pass defense in the league, threw the ball almost 40 times, and still had less than 200 yards. That is unacceptable.
No touchdowns.
Seemed handicapped by playcalling, just like Cassel has been. This team is scared to death to try to throw the football.

ILChief
10-14-2012, 08:26 PM
He is different than Cassel. Much better arm strength and mechanics. Puts the ball in better position for receivers.

Checked down too much and didn't take many shots down the field. I guess I would give him a low c since its his first start since 09. Grading will be much tougher next game (provided they don't go back to Cassel)

tredadda
10-14-2012, 08:45 PM
He is different than Cassel. Much better arm strength and mechanics. Puts the ball in better position for receivers.

Checked down too much and didn't take many shots down the field. I guess I would give him a low c since its his first start since 09. Grading will be much tougher next game (provided they don't go back to Cassel)

I am willing to bet Cassel is back for the Oakland game. No matter how much he has sucked this season he continued to start until a concussion prevented it this week. He had all this week, next week and the week after leading up to that game to heal. He will start, especially since Quinn did not win and we got blown out with him starting.

ROYC75
10-14-2012, 09:41 PM
You just described Matt Cassel.

Uh, No I did not. Cassel grades much worst.

Quinn most likely is not our answer and 1 game is not enough to judge him on since his Cleveland debacle days.

Sure you could feel he was not comfortable out there, but what QB could have with the way our played today, the play calling and not having much time to work with the 1's.

Again, we know we have a glaring problem at the QB position, but I am more inclined to say that with the talent we do have it's our coaching staff as the problem that it was Brady Quinn today.

We could bring in any QB you like, until we get a quality coaching staff, this team will under perform.

ROYC75
10-14-2012, 09:45 PM
I am willing to bet Cassel is back for the Oakland game. No matter how much he has sucked this season he continued to start until a concussion prevented it this week. He had all this week, next week and the week after leading up to that game to heal. He will start, especially since Quinn did not win and we got blown out with him starting.

Bet Cassel does too, but this game was not lost because of our QB play, ( unlucky )crazy plays, defense and poor coaching all the way around.

If RC can't figure out what is wrong, he needs to watch the game film through most of the eyes of the planet members and Chiefs fans.

tredadda
10-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Bet Cassel does too, but this game was not lost because of our QB play, ( unlucky )crazy plays, defense and poor coaching all the way around.

If RC can't figure out what is wrong, he needs to watch the game film through most of the eyes of the planet members and Chiefs fans.

I agree we didn't lose because of our QB play, but we didn't win because of it either. This time we got blown out while breaking even on turnovers (if I am not mistaken). The excuse for starting Cassel is that we were only blown out because of us finishing on the negative for turnovers and by limiting them he gives us our best chance to win.

I want Cassel to start as I feel Quinn gives us a better chance of winning and I am all for us losing out this season. That is what we need to clean house and rid this team of our GM, HC, and QB.

Strongside
10-14-2012, 09:51 PM
1/10...would not do.

Jive Ass
10-14-2012, 09:54 PM
D+

He wasn't a colossal failure, but didn't do much during any part of the game. Better passing than Cassel, though...even if they were dink and dunk most of the time.

Gravedigger
10-14-2012, 10:16 PM
This was the competition they brought in to challenge Cassel without Dabolls thoughts on him. This organization is lost. Personally I think it's the playcalling + rustiness that was the issue today. No matter what quarterback is behind center the playcalling will be dumbed down and neutered for them. With our playcalling it's about asking the QB to not lose the game instead of go out there and win the game and the fan base. They're lucky Charles is around or else we'd be the worst team bar none in the league.

WV
10-14-2012, 10:45 PM
He's obviously better than Cassel, but let's be honest. This is like trying to decide between two buckets of shit. We're only modestly happy because Quinn Shit is different shit.

The Bad Guy
10-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Are you grading on how NFL Qbs should play? F

Are you grading on how Chiefs QBs have played? D+

Mrs. Loopner
10-14-2012, 11:24 PM

You think getting anally raped is by a 4 inch dick is less painful, but who the **** cares?

A dick's a dick, no matter how small.

I like the way you talk, Mr. Milkman!

kcbubb
10-14-2012, 11:40 PM
What was the Chiefs rushing yardage totals today? 65 yds?

KILLER_CLOWN
10-14-2012, 11:41 PM

LMAO