PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock - Don't laugh, your team may be next (stands up for us again)

Pages : [1] 2

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2012, 04:45 AM
:hail:

Don't laugh, your team may be next

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/whitlock-kansas-city-chiefs-fans-disgusted-have-every-right-scott-pioli-extension-matt-millen-you-could-be-next-101512

Don’t ridicule Kansas City Chiefs fans. One day soon, you could be in their position, a punch line for uninformed, unsympathetic national media, reduced to begging ownership to act responsibly and fairly, the target of scorn from the very athletes you support, forced to finance your own public-relations campaign.

This is where professional sports are headed. The disconnect between local fans and the franchises they love is being powered and accelerated by multi-billion-dollar TV contracts and the billions of ancillary dollars generated by video games and whatnot.

The guy in the cheap seats never mattered. We’re getting to the point, especially in the NFL, where no one in the stadium matters. It’s virtually impossible for an NFL franchise to fail and/or lose money. Before anyone has purchased a season ticket, NFL teams are swimming in enough cash to feed most third-world countries.

That’s why Chiefs right tackle Eric Winston got away with slandering a loyal fan base. That’s why the national media delighted in Winston’s ridiculous exaggeration. And that’s why we opened Sunday morning with a news story that Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli had received a two-year contract extension despite a Matt Millen Lite, four-year run in Kansas City. LMAO

You remember Matt Millen, right? Many of you laughed at Detroit Lions fans and their Millen Man March to remove their in-over-their-head team president. Millen, despite his ineptitude, was a Supreme Court justice in Detroit. He led the Lions for eight years primarily because there’s nothing an NFL executive can do to financially damage a franchise.

Cincinnati owner Mike Brown has been trying to destroy the Bengals for two decades. He can’t do it.

At some point, Bengals fans will reach the level of frustration that motivated Lions fans to take to the streets and Chiefs fans to voice displeasure at Arrowhead Stadium.

Fans don’t have a voice in the mainstream media. That should be clear in the aftermath of the Eric Winston-Matt Cassel-Chiefs fans controversy. The mainstream media are in bed with ownership and athletes, the people media believe they need. Athletes and media believe fans are stupid and unworthy of genuine respect. We think it’s a waste of time to look at things from the perspective of the average sports fan.

Let’s apply the bogus logic Winston applied to fans to athletes. Winston claimed that if only a few hundred Chiefs fans cheered when Cassel got hurt that it was still too many and it was still sickening and disgusting. Basically, he’s saying if one percent of the fan base does something inappropriate, it’s worthy of passionate public rebuke and the vilification of an entire fan base.

So if one percent of professional football players run afoul of the law, should we vilify all NFL players? Or would that be an unfair generalization? What’s more dangerous, a few cheers when a hometown player gets his clock cleaned or an NFL player driving while drunk? One act leads to potential hurt feelings, the other leads to possible death.

The media and the ex-jocks pretending to be media on TV were having such a fun time beating up on fans that no one applied any critical thinking to Winston’s opportunistic stupidity.

Not only do fans not have a voice, they’re despised and abused.

Winston’s whiny, inaccurate rant about the alleged behavior of a handful of Chiefs fans became a national talking point. Well, the story is what has made this fan base this angry. It’s the lack of accountability for ownership and management throughout the NFL (and professional sports). As more and more television money pours into professional sports leagues the less power true sports fans have. We’re not changing the channel. Sports is the only TV product that is DVR-proof.

An NFL franchise is the perfect investment. It makes the owner and his front-office cronies the most powerful and important people in any city. They’re untouchable.

No player in NFL history had an eight-year run of incompetence that could rival Millen’s. Why would a $3-million-a-year executive face less performance pressure than a $500,000 special-teams player? How could the Chiefs even consider giving Scott Pioli a contract extension?

I’m aware the original report about Pioli’s extension was refuted later in the day Sunday. But I don’t believe Jason La Canfora of CBS reported sketchy information. I believe Tampa Bay’s 38-10 thumping of Kansas City made the Chiefs walk back the leaked information.

Clark Hunt isn’t stupid. Kansas City’s fan base is frustrated and motivated. A group of fans started a Twitter feed @saveourchiefs dedicated to getting Scott Pioli fired. In two weeks, the feed has amassed 73,000 followers. Last week the group flew a banner over Arrowhead Stadium demanding that Pioli be fired and Cassel be benched. They’re planning more activity for KC’s next home game on Oct. 28. (I donated $600 to their cause. I’m a Chiefs fan.)

Extending Pioli at this time would further motivate an already-active fan base. The fan base has taken to social media to educate local and national media about what has been going on with Chiefs football the last two decades and the lengthy list of errors Pioli has made in four years. They’re tired of reading the propaganda pumped out by Pioli’s partners in the mainstream media.

Don't laugh at their desperation. Don't harshly judge their missteps. You could be next.

AussieChiefsFan
10-15-2012, 04:48 AM
:thumb:

Unsmooth-Moment
10-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Awesome.

Fruit Ninja
10-15-2012, 04:59 AM
That was fucking awesome! Go Jason!@

mdchiefsfan
10-15-2012, 05:12 AM
Talk about giving a voice to us fans. Him and Mellinger are lights-out right now. Jwhit you're the man.

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Outstanding.

It's also nice to finally, after years and years, see the KCStar Chiefs reporters actually do their job. Mellinger's scathing articles have been refreshing.

Rausch
10-15-2012, 06:15 AM
Wow.

Excellent work.

This is like a real life example of Vader realizing the error in fighting his own, turns on Darth Pioli, and throws his mafia ass into an abyss...

PRIEST
10-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Thanks Jason , you are the man with the voice .

Coogs
10-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Talk about giving a voice to us fans. Him and Mellinger are lights-out right now. Jwhit you're the man.

These two and Babb rock. And we here at the Planet get a lot of grief, but I am pretty damn proud of us too!

T-post Tom
10-15-2012, 06:45 AM
That was amazing. One of the bravest sports opinion pieces that I've seen, ever. Wow...I am truly impressed. Bravo Jason, ...bravo!

Tonka83
10-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Got goosebumps at the end.

GoodJobWhitlockMan.

BoneKrusher
10-15-2012, 07:09 AM
thumbs up

Baconeater
10-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Whitlock knocks it outta the park again.

jwhit
10-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Spam this article on Twitter and Facebook. Thanks

Ace Gunner
10-15-2012, 07:22 AM
"Fans don’t have a voice in the mainstream media. That should be clear in the aftermath of the Eric Winston-Matt Cassel-Chiefs fans controversy. The mainstream media are in bed with ownership and athletes, the people media believe they need. Athletes and media believe fans are stupid and unworthy of genuine respect. We think it’s a waste of time to look at things from the perspective of the average sports fan."

The US Military approves the mssg.

Stewie
10-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Thank you JWhit!

KCFalcon59
10-15-2012, 07:27 AM
Absolutely refreshing. Whitlock nailed it. Just amazing what has been done in the last few weeks.

Flachief58
10-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks Jwhit, another homerun :thumb:

bevischief
10-15-2012, 07:32 AM
That is what was need.

stonedstooge
10-15-2012, 07:32 AM
Amen Brother Jason, amen

siberian khatru
10-15-2012, 07:33 AM
Preach it, Jason

Easy 6
10-15-2012, 07:39 AM
This just keeps growing in power, like some cartoon monster that draws strength from battle, getting bigger with every bullet and missile it absorbs.

The loss was disgusting enough, but what looked just as bad or worse, was pioli crying to schiano, looking for solace from the opposing coach before a game.

Whether the story was true or not doesnt matter, he should've never been over there running down fans with the enemy, yeah, schiano felt so bad for him i'm sure "guys i want you to knock the helmet off every player that steps on that field, their boss was just over here crying to me, that team is ready to crumble, now go take their heart!"

ForeverChiefs58
10-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Nailed it. Awesome job Whitlock.

jwhit
10-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Is the passion gone already? This board seems less passionate this week. Am I reading things wrong? Is apathy setting in?

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Gosh, there a shit ton of victim mentality there. I'm not sure it's a home run to be considered one of the Bengals, Browns, or Lions crowd. I like to think of our drought at a pit stop...not a way of life.

Guess the abused victim pity party has many willing to partake.

HemiEd
10-15-2012, 07:49 AM
A job well done Jason.

mlyonsd
10-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Is the passion gone already? This board seems less passionate this week. Am I reading things wrong? Is apathy setting in?

Don't confuse resolve with passion.

Hog Farmer
10-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Jason, If we were Muslims I think we'd let you draw all the Muhammed cartoons you want right now !

jwhit
10-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Don't confuse resolve with passion.

Explain that, please.

jwhit
10-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Don't give up.

KC Tattoo
10-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Our Super Bowl this year would be of the firing of Scott Pioli.

Awesome article Whitlock. I was never a fan of J Whit but I sure am becomming one. Thanks for the voice.

mlyonsd
10-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Explain that, please.
We all know what needs to be done, what we're up against, and the uphill climb getting there. That's the resolve.

Passion will come and go depending on the headlines. You should have been here yesterday. Resolve is what will see it through.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 07:56 AM
The pathetic (went from sympathetic) Chiefs fan base desperately need a light in the harbor. A voice to inspire them. A higher power to show them the way...

enter Jason Whitlock. :doh!: :eek:

Fritz88
10-15-2012, 07:59 AM
Thank you. Thank you.

KC Tattoo
10-15-2012, 08:00 AM

I didn't have much to say yesterday. Wasn't apathy but just can't find words that express the anger and flustration I feel. I love my Chiefs. I hate the management to an extreem. Us getting our ass kicked time and time again is BS.

Gonzo
10-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Gosh, there a shit ton of victim mentality there. I'm not sure it's a home run to be considered one of the Bengals, Browns, or Lions crowd. I like to think of our drought at a pit stop...not a way of life.

LMAO
Take your rose colored glasses off and look at the stats... Then you tell me if this franchise doesn't belong with the cellar-dwellers of the nfl.

notorious
With any battle, there will be peaks and lulls.

Don't worry about our resolve. When the time comes we will be ready to push back twice as hard.

durtyrute
So many people went from making fun of JWhit to sucking his balls, that's comedy.

Dartgod

Ignore this twunt, Jason. It's not even a Chiefs fan.

ElGringo
10-15-2012, 08:02 AM
I agree fans have no voice in the national media, unless there are fans in the national media. We are lucky to have Jwhit and Babb for that matter, at least we can say our voice is out there. If it is heard, we won't know until most likely after this pathetic season is over, but thank you for giving us a voice.

notorious
10-15-2012, 08:02 AM

What?

This couldn't be any more false.

Gonzo
10-15-2012, 08:04 AM
The pathetic (went from sympathetic) Chiefs fan base desperately need a light in the harbor. A voice to inspire them. A higher power to show them the way...

And then when someone needs to take an abrasive, counterproductive position on this board...

BoneKrusher
10-15-2012, 08:04 AM
So many people went from making fun of JWhit to sucking his balls, that's comedy.

not here, i've always been a jwhit fan just like i've never liked Cassel as our QB.

Hound333
10-15-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm starting to get Apathy. I most likely wouldn't have watched the game at all if a friend hadn't invited me to come over since his wife was gone (if your married you know why I had to go)

To be honest we spent most of the afternoon playing with the 2 year old instead of watching the game. Had alot more fun as well. At least when I threw a pass to him he had an excuse of being 2 when it was dropped.

Gonzo
10-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Ignore this twunt, Jason. It's not even a Chiefs fan.

Oh, I'm sure he's familiar with the history here.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 08:08 AM

This. I'm sensing a big 'rope a dope' coming up... :doh!:

but then I'm not a REAL Chiefs fan so what do I know? (LMAO) And WTF have I been doing the past 40 years?

acasas4
10-15-2012, 08:10 AM
:thumb: I have a man crush on J Whit now.

notorious
10-15-2012, 08:12 AM

but then I'm not a REAL Chiefs fan so what do I know? (LMAO) And WTF have I been doing the past 40 years?

God forbid we should thank a National figure that has volunteered his help to back our movement.

We are KC fans. We cheer a team from a small market that nobody cares about. Whether Whitock is doing this for personal gain or to help us, it will have the same end result.

National Attention

That is really all I care about.

Fruit Ninja
10-15-2012, 08:15 AM

well, when you only have 1 person in the major media defending you, your more then likely to forgive someone or even be like, hey this dude isnt half bad, he knows what us Chiefs fans are going through.

Its like, i dont even get mad anymore when the Chiefs lose. Honeslty, its like im watching the game to see how much we lose by. lol Its like what can us Chiefs fans say anymore? Its like we said it all and i feel like im beating a dead horse by saying f pioli, F this organization and the way its being ran.

Its like we are waiting to see what Pioli has to say to the media, but his ass is in hiding and will stay dark til he is fired or he has no choice but to talk to the media. Its like, hmm ok what do we do now? We dont have a game for 2 weeks.

Hound333
10-15-2012, 08:15 AM

While I may not have always liked what JWhit was saying I was never one of those guys slamming him. I always respected that he would speak his mind and not give a crap how the PR would come out. Its gotten him in trouble a time or two.

This time his mind and mine are on the same page so preach on JWhit.

notorious
10-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Is it strange to have 99% of the readers agree and praise your article, Jason? LMAO

Graystoke
10-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Great article. Glad we have jwhit on our side.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 08:19 AM
God forbid we should thank a National figure that has volunteered his help to back our movement.

We are KC fans. We cheer a team from a small market that nobody cares about. Whether Whitock is doing this for personal gain or to help us, it will have the same end result.

National Attention

That is really all I care about.

Oh honey, you ARE in a world of hurt if the national figure you can attract to your 'cause' is Jason Whitlock. That will definitely show em. :D

Chief Faithful
10-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Wow,...I am not a fan of Whitlock's writings except for this one. His take on Winston was very compelling especially where he turned the table on him about making generalizations.

I am generally a Pioli fan and I like how he has managed the payroll and the changes made to scouting and drafting. But, Pioli has done a terrible job addressing the QB position and selecting HC's and OC's since Weis left. At this point I would not be upset if Pioli were replaced. The problem is the lack of stability at the OC position is creating a bad snowball effect. Does it do more harm or good to shake up the coaching staff again?

This team is beginning to suffer the same problems the Raiders experienced under Al Davis with the coaching carousel.

notorious
10-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Oh honey, you ARE in a world of hurt if the national figure you can attract to your 'cause' is Jason Whitlock. That will definitely show em. :D

Better than nothing. Nobody else cares about the Chiefs in the National Media simply because this franchise has sucked for 40 years.

Fruit Ninja
10-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Wow,...I am not a fan of Whitlock's writings except for this one. His take on Winston was very compelling especially where he turned the table on him about making generalizations.

I am generally a Pioli fan and I like how he has managed the payroll and the changes made to scouting and drafting. But, Pioli has done a terrible job addressing the QB position and selecting HC's and OC's since Weis left. At this point I would not be upset if Pioli were replaced. The problem is the lack of stability at the OC position is creating a bad snowball effect. Does it do more harm or good to shake up the coaching staff again?

This team is beginning to suffer the same problems the Raiders experienced under Al Davis with the coaching carousel.

problem isnt the stability at OC, is the offense sucking ass. These guys get paid alot of money, they had enough time to learn the system. Im sure its not all that difficult to hand the fucking all off 80 percent of the time. lol

Whats wrong is this team is just NOT good, they have no leader. THey get deflated in the 4th quarter and its lights out.

It all starts from Clark Hunt to Scott Pioli. They draft all these "captains" in collage but they arent shit for the Chiefs.

durtyrute
10-15-2012, 08:24 AM

What else could happen, are we going to lose by 80 instead of 30? Will we have 100 turnovers instead of 20? Shit needs to change and it needs to change now.

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 08:24 AM

ROFL

You need to go over to Pro Football Reference and take a look.

Losing in KC absolutely IS a way of life.

The winning that happened in the late 60s and early 90s is the EXCEPTION, not the rule.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-15-2012, 08:26 AM
not here, i've always been a jwhit fan just like i've never liked Cassel as our QB.

Same here.

Dave Lane
10-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Holy mother of god... On your kneels people!

memyselfI
Better than nothing. Nobody else cares about the Chiefs in the National Media simply because this franchise has sucked for 40 years.

Guess I'm not a fan of setting ourselves on fire just to get noticed about how miserable, pathetic, and mistreated we supposedly are. Who wants that image out in the media? I prefer the misunderstood yet proud fan base.

Definitely not a fan of elevating Jason Whitlock to franchise/fan base savior.

durtyrute
I don't really remember who it was that was hating on Jason, but it seems like everyone. He was saying fuck Pioli almost from the get and was crushed for it. Now he is still saying fuck Pioli and people love it.

Anyway, I miss Haley

Micjones
10-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Change is coming.

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Guess I'm not a fan of setting ourselves on fire just to get noticed about how miserable, pathetic, and mistreated we supposedly are. Who wants that image out in the media? I prefer the misunderstood yet proud fan base.

Nobody gives a shit what you think.

KILLER_CLOWN
I don't really remember who it was that was hating on Jason, but it seems like everyone. He was saying **** Pioli almost from the get and was crushed for it. Now he is still saying **** Pioli and people love it.

Anyway, I miss Haley

I've always at least been entertained by Jason, and I can't say I miss start Palko Haley. He was an abortion just the same as Pioli, who would stick with something that wasn't working.

Dave Lane

I've always thought jwhit was pretty freaking entertaining. He lost his way for a little bit, but the dude is laser locked now.

Cassel I'm guilty of liking at first and I actually had hopes he might turn out to be a really good quarterback. But unlike Pioli I can admit I was wrong and am ready to turn the page.

KILLER_CLOWN

Sometimes I do, this time however she is completely off base.

memyselfI

Then stop responding...LMAOLMAOLMAO :doh!:

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Then stop responding...LMAOLMAOLMAO :doh!:

So me berating you somehow legitimizes your opinion?

:LOL:

Slainte
Eloquent.

headsnap
Don't laugh at their desperation. Don't harshly judge their missteps. You could be next.

living less than 2 hours from Cincy, I used to laugh and pity the Bengals fan... now this Chiefs fan is feeling their pain. :huh:

Dave Lane
10-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Anyway, I miss Haley

Ditto, IF he had had a quality QB and a supportive GM I'm confident he would have excelled and overcome his inexperience.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-15-2012, 08:35 AM
living less than 2 hours from Cincy, I used to laugh and pity the Bengals fan... now this Chiefs fan is feeling their pain. :huh:

You definitely have staying power, want a job in the Chiefs front office?

BossChief
10-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks again, Jason.

FRCDFED
10-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Ditto, IF he had had a quality QB and a supportive GM I'm confident he would have excelled and overcome his inexperience.
I am in agreement as well. I have always been a fan of how Haley motivated the spoiled players from the get-go. People were hard on him because of his hard ways but at least the team didn't roll over in the 4th qtr and he got everything from them that he could.

If the allegations are true that Pioli would not allow Stanzi to play during his first season then Haley had no choice but to try to take shit Palko and make a shit sandwich.

Rausch
10-15-2012, 08:54 AM

Nobody has to read it if you'd

QUIT FUCKING QUOTING HER...

KILLER_CLOWN
10-15-2012, 08:56 AM
I am in agreement as well. I have always been a fan of how Haley motivated the spoiled players from the get-go. People were hard on him because of his hard ways but at least the team didn't roll over in the 4th qtr and he got everything from them that he could.

If the allegations are true that Pioli would not allow Stanzi to play during his first season then Haley had no choice but to try to take shit Palko and make a shit sandwich.

Haley helped bring in Palko, Do Not Want.

Simply Red
10-15-2012, 08:59 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Y0Rul.gif

Al Bundy
10-15-2012, 09:02 AM
He brought the hammer on that one.

Radar Chief
10-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Anyway, I miss Haley

I got tired of him chasing off offensive coordinators. Don’t miss him a bit.

Dartgod
10-15-2012, 09:10 AM

What's this "we" crap, you fucking traitor?

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 09:11 AM
I got tired of him chasing off offensive coordinators. Don’t miss him a bit.

I wish he was here to chase off that worthless mother fucker Brian Daboll.

Dayze
10-15-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm gonig to start referring to Whit as Jack Parkman.

Simply Red
10-15-2012, 09:15 AM
That De nise just talks out of her hairy anus, huh?

KILLER_CLOWN
10-15-2012, 09:17 AM
I wish he was here to chase off that worthless mother ****er Brian Daboll.

OK, we can bring him back for that and Jim Bob Cooter then he's shipped right back to Pittsburgh.

Radar Chief
10-15-2012, 09:17 AM

:LOL: :banghead: Jeez what a sorry state the Chiefs are in. :facepalm:

Chiefnj2
10-15-2012, 09:19 AM

Do you think the style of offense KC is running is being handed down by Crennell, or do you think Daboll is calling everything?

I know in Cleveland the fans questioned his playcalling, but he seemed to improve with the Dolphins. In fact, the Dolphins seemed to have good playcalling when beating the crap out of KC last year.

Why would any OC want to call games the way he has?

Mr. Plow
10-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Well done Jason.

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Do you think the style of offense KC is running is being handed down by Crennell, or do you think Daboll is calling everything?

I know in Cleveland the fans questioned his playcalling, but he seemed to improve with the Dolphins. In fact, the Dolphins seemed to have good playcalling when beating the crap out of KC last year.

Why would any OC want to call games the way he has?

I think Daboll is a "yes man" for RAC, just like RAC is a "yes man" for Pioli.

THAT is why I want him gone, just like I want RAC gone.

Not because they suck but because they suck WILLINGLY to make their superiors happy.

Spineless...fucking...turds...

HemiEd
10-15-2012, 09:28 AM
Don't give up.

After over 40 years of this kind of crap, I am worn out from it. The team takes one step ahead, then three backwards. It's 1987 all over again.

My God, ownership should have kept Pioli from making these same mistakes again.
PIOLI is bad, very bad, but RAC is an embarrassment to anyone that has ever worn red.

durtyrute
10-15-2012, 09:32 AM

This. He was hired by one of the most respected teams in the NFL. I don't think he was as bad as people here think he was.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 09:36 AM
After over 40 years of this kind of crap, I am worn out from it. The team takes one step ahead, then three backwards. It's 1987 all over again.

My God, ownership should have kept Pioli from making these same mistakes again.
PIOLI is bad, very bad, but RAC is an embarrassment to anyone that has ever worn red.

But Jason is here to save the day. :D

Seriously, no one change is going to help this franchise. Be it GM, HC, or QB. We've changed them all. The one constant? The ownership. Fans will fall head over heels over the next new head coach, QB, GM and the end result may end up the same...again.

The ownership is not going to stop Pioli from a damn thing. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil...

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2012, 09:40 AM
But Jason is here to save the day. :D

Seriously, no one change is going to help this franchise. Be it GM, HC, or QB. We've changed them all. The one constant? The ownership. Fans will fall head over heels over the next new head coach, QB, GM and the end result may end up the same...again.

The ownership is not going to stop Pioli from a damn thing. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil...

You epitomize evil.

You also lack reading comprehension and any level of intellect. The only thing crowning Whitlock a savior is you. No one else. The rest of us agree with his piece and are thankful that someone who has a national journalistic voice is recognizing the cause.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 09:45 AM
You epitomize evil.

You also lack reading comprehension and any level of intellect. The only thing crowning Whitlock a savior is you. No one else. The rest of us agree with his piece and are thankful that someone who has a national journalistic voice is recognizing the cause.

Oh honey, if I wanted to champion a cause I'd be savvy enough to not pick Jason Whitlock to do it.

I mean, how long until we get the Chiefs fan hair column or small peter twitter?

A Salt Weapon
10-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Wow, great job Jason.
Posted via Mobile Device

HemiEd
10-15-2012, 09:46 AM

I am coming around to this type of thinking. I used to think ownership was just following good management principles, allowing the GM and Coaches to do their job.

But Clark should have put his foot down on the RAC hire, it is the third time this franchise has made this mistake since I have been following them.

I loved RAC as a DC, but he has destroyed this team as HC. I am not sure any HC could restore the environment needed to make these players a winner again. The whole thing may need flushing, players and all.

ChiefMojo
10-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Bravo Jason, bravooooo!!!!

Red Brooklyn
10-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Bravo, indeed.

Excellent read, Jason.

Thank you.

Chiefnj2
10-15-2012, 09:54 AM
But Clark should have put his foot down on the RAC hire, it is the third time this franchise has made this mistake since I have been following them.

It was kind of a tough spot for Clark. The 3 options were:

1) Get rid of Pioli. Basically tear down everything after 3 years and begin anew. The Hunt family is very patient and that is something they likely wouldn't do.

2) Let Pioli completely clean house. He could have gone outside of RC and cleaned house but then you basically have to give Pioli another 3 years. You have to let the "new" HC have some time developing the team. If you are beginning to question the first 3 years of Pioli, giving him another 3 doesn't seem very wise.

3) Let Pioli continue to build the "new england model" that he originally came to KC with and let him promote RC who the players played hard for the last 3 games of the year. This option probably gives Pioli the shortest leash of all three because there is continuity with the staff and vision. IMO, it is easier to evaluate and get rid of SP in the shortest amount of time with this option.

kaplin42
10-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Don't give up.

Hey Jwhit,

If you're ever out here in Los Angeles, I would be happy to buy you a drink. We may not have KC bbq, but I will take you to Korean bbq.

Thank you for defending the fan base and getting the real message out.

Lzen
10-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Good stuff, Jason. Keep it up. :thumb:

Brock
10-15-2012, 10:07 AM

1) Get rid of Pioli. Basically tear down everything after 3 years and begin anew. The Hunt family is very patient and that is something they likely wouldn't do.

2) Let Pioli completely clean house. He could have gone outside of RC and cleaned house but then you basically have to give Pioli another 3 years. You have to let the "new" HC have some time developing the team. If you are beginning to question the first 3 years of Pioli, giving him another 3 doesn't seem very wise.

3) Let Pioli continue to build the "new england model" that he originally came to KC with and let him promote RC who the players played hard for the last 3 games of the year. This option probably gives Pioli the shortest leash of all three because there is continuity with the staff and vision. IMO, it is easier to evaluate and get rid of SP in the shortest amount of time with this option.

Or 4. Make him work with the coach he hired in the first place.

Iowanian
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Dense is a filthy skankapotomus and an antagonist raider fan. She likely pleasures herself with a truck stop toilet brush to finger paintings of Rich Gannon.

I think it's fair to say, most fans are accepting that this team is a filthy tramp. It's the level of acceptance required to move on from a bad girlfriend...and as I've said for several years, the Chiefs are my bad girlfriend. Even when she's behaving in 2003 and treating you pretty good, it's only a matter of time before a gang bang when your college pals from Indy come for a visit.

It takes that level of acceptance to go ahead and do the things that hurt and make a change. I was on my way to KC for the raider game with my bride. Instead, we'll skip that goat screw and get a nicer hotel and go to a nicer dinner.

I'm not stepping foot back in Arrowhead until some big changes are made.

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Oh honey, if I wanted to champion a cause I'd be savvy enough to not pick Jason Whitlock to do it.

I mean, how long until we get the Chiefs fan hair column or small peter twitter?

Oh disgusting savage, if you wanted to champion a cause you'd do it yourself - which you already do - and you get taken less seriously than a Romeo Crennel weight loss commercial.

Rausch
10-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Oh disgusting savage, if you wanted to champion a cause you'd do it yourself - which you already do - and you get taken less seriously than a Romeo Crennel weight loss commercial.

We're all Chiefs fans here.

There's absolutely no reason you two can't be the bestest of friends...

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-15-2012, 10:14 AM
This. He was hired by one of the most respected teams in the NFL. I don't think he was as bad as people here think he was.

Bullshit. He was awful, absolutely awful.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Great article BTW

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2012, 10:15 AM
We're all Chiefs fans here.

There's absolutely no reason you two can't be the bestest of friends...

Duhneese is not a Chiefs fan. You know this.

Rausch
10-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Duhneese is not a Chiefs fan. You know this.

Why do you have to take everything personally?

The fact she want's to eradicate you, and your beliefs, and any part of your culture from the planet shouldn't get in the way of a good natured sporting event...

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 10:21 AM

Ok, guess if you want someone to represent you as a victim, pathetic, and downtrodden you've got the right man.

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Ok, guess if you want someone pathetic, and downtrodden you've got the right man.

I couldn't describe you any better if I tried.

Gonzo
10-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Dense is a filthy skankapotomus and an antagonist raider fan. She likely pleasures herself with a truck stop toilet brush to finger paintings of Rich Gannon.

I think it's fair to say, most fans are accepting that this team is a filthy tramp. It's the level of acceptance required to move on from a bad girlfriend...and as I've said for several years, the Chiefs are my bad girlfriend. Even when she's behaving in 2003 and treating you pretty good, it's only a matter of time before a gang bang when your college pals from Indy come for a visit.

It takes that level of acceptance to go ahead and do the things that hurt and make a change. I was on my way to KC for the raider game with my bride. Instead, we'll skip that goat screw and get a nicer hotel and go to a nicer dinner.

I'm not stepping foot back in Arrowhead until some big changes are made.

LMAO
Iowanian is always there to break things down.

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Why do you have to take everything personally?

The fact she want's to eradicate you, and your beliefs, and any part of your culture from the planet shouldn't get in the way of a good natured sporting event...

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Raiderhader
10-15-2012, 10:25 AM
This is actually a very ballsy article. I know Whitlock has never been scared of controversy or rocking the boat but, to call out the entire professional sports world as a sports writer takes a big brass pair.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 10:26 AM
I couldn't describe you any better if I tried.

Yeah, that is why I am embracing a guy who talks about race, hairdos, and small dicks as a spokesperson. :doh!: Ok.

I can see the headline now:

Don't Laugh. The Next Small Dick Might Be Yours

:D

Iowanian
10-15-2012, 10:27 AM
If I had the skillz, the pic below would be photoshopped with Whitlock's head and caption would read "Hey Pioli, tell me how my ass tastes"

http://i2.sell.com/11/232/716017/62/182/4041932-m.jpg

Gonzo
10-15-2012, 10:28 AM
Ok, guess if you want someone to represent you as a victim, pathetic, and downtrodden you've got the right man.

What are YOU doing to help change the situation? You're wonderful at back seat driving, that's for sure. Get off your Fucking high horse, "honey" and let us know what you're contributing.

jwhit
10-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Please keep spamming this article on twitter and facebook.

gblowfish
10-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Take a mixed plate out of petty cash.
Good story.

Red Beans
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
The son of a bitch did it again!

stevieray
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Thank you, Jason!

....money has ruined this game..remember when Jimmy raye predicted it would be gone in 20 years?

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 10:41 AM
What are YOU doing to help change the situation? You're wonderful at back seat driving, that's for sure. Get off your ****ing high horse, "honey" and let us know what you're contributing.

Well, for starters I admitted there was NOTHING as a fan I could do to fix the Chiefs and if it truly makes me unhappy the one thing I can do is walk away. Make peace with knowing it's out of your control. Like I did with politics. This is actually an empowering admission. Then decide how you want to proceed. I walked away from politics. Completely.

You can find something that you enjoy about the hobby (which it is since few of us make a living participating) or you can walk away. I love watching NFL football, period. Even bad football is better than 95% of the other crap on tv out there. So watching the horrible Chiefs still brings me more enjoyment than say watching Honey PooPoo or the Kardashians.

I don't spend much money on the team anymore since I don't want the Hunt's pockets any deeper. We go to games if we get free tickets. I found a job on Sundays where I can listen to the game while I get paid. I buy gear severely discounted (see Amazon.com). I still enjoy sitting around the tv with my family, drinking beer, eating junk food, and watching a game. Sometimes it's the only time together we get for the week.

Does any of this help fix the Chiefs? Nope, but I go full circle back to my realization that NOTHING I CAN DO WILL FIX THE CHIEFS. Might as well make the best of the situation or walk away. Those are the choices.

Iowanian
10-15-2012, 10:45 AM
...and interestingly enough you've essentially been gone from here and only show up with your snail trail of shame when the team stinks worse than seat of your 1985 Toyota.

HemiEd
10-15-2012, 10:54 AM

I see what you are saying, but option three is repeating the same mistake again. It had been repeated before, now you are doing it again and expecting different results. Insanity.

He should have had him find another HC, and DC. RC shouldn't have been given the job, just for the fact that he gave them an ultimatum.

Dartgod
10-15-2012, 10:54 AM
...and interestingly enough you've essentially been gone from here and only show up with your snail trail of shame when the team stinks worse than seat of your 1985 Toyota.

LMAO

Raiderhader
10-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Well, for starters I admitted there was NOTHING as a fan I could do to fix the Chiefs and if it truly makes me unhappy the one thing I can do is walk away. Make peace with knowing it's out of your control. Like I did with politics. This is actually an empowering admission. Then decide how you want to proceed. I walked away from politics. Completely.

You can find something that you enjoy about the hobby (which it is since few of us make a living participating) or you can walk away. I love watching NFL football, period. Even bad football is better than 95% of the other crap on tv out there. So watching the horrible Chiefs still brings me more enjoyment than say watching Honey PooPoo or the Kardashians.

I don't spend much money on the team anymore since I don't want the Hunt's pockets any deeper. We go to games if we get free tickets. I found a job on Sundays where I can listen to the game while I get paid. I buy gear severely discounted (see Amazon.com). I still enjoy sitting around the tv with my family, drinking beer, eating junk food, and watching a game. Sometimes it's the only time together we get for the week.

Does any of this help fix the Chiefs? Nope, but I go full circle back to my realization that NOTHING I CAN DO WILL FIX THE CHIEFS. Might as well make the best of the situation or walk away. Those are the choices.

You walked away from the Chiefs years ago.

BigCatDaddy
10-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Enough of this shit. Welcome to ignore bitch!

Phobia
10-15-2012, 11:17 AM

Everybody already knows you have a small penis, Denise. I'll bet it was frustrating for you listening to Ian Eagle talk yesterday because if he'd just shut up Rich Gannon could be speaking... You're a real cupcake. We can always depend on you to be anti-Chiefs fan no matter the cause.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Everybody already knows you have a small penis, Denise. I'll bet it was frustrating for you listening to Ian Eagle talk yesterday because if he'd just shut up Rich Gannon could be speaking... You're a real cupcake. We can always depend on you to be anti-Chiefs fan no matter the cause.

Whatever, if teaming up with Jason Whitlock is what is needed to save the fan base or the Chiefs then this team is on an inconceivable plunge to hell. One that makes the Titanic look like a fender bender.

I think it's more productive and positive to speak for ourselves. Lose the national spokesperson who is best known for speaking up himself. Stay proud and keep this place on the list of desirable destinations for people who look around the franchise and see shit EVERYWHERE....

except the fan base. At least give potential players, coaches, and management something to build on. That doesn't mean shutting up and towing the line. That means refusing to let Jason Whitlock or Eric Winston, or anyone else define the fan base. Both of these men took negatives of which the fan base was beyond willing to accept and make them fact.

KCDC
10-15-2012, 11:35 AM

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Thomas Jefferson

It is your choice to be quiet on politics and now sports. Then, do not criticize those who refuse to accept the tyranny of KC fan abuse. Do not dismiss their leaders and spokespersons because they have their own agendas to feed as well. Instead, applaud those with the courage to speak up in a world all too full with sheep willing to be led.

Rausch
10-15-2012, 11:39 AM

The next time the authorities show up for them won't **** up the warrant...

Bearcat
10-15-2012, 11:41 AM

You would rather be seen as the Cubs fans of the NFL than fans who actually get it and are taking a stand? The whole point of Whitlock's article is there's nothing fans can do (and the Chiefs are just one example... see the NHL lockout, NBA lockout, etc), and a big part of the saveourchiefs.com is to hit them where it hurt$, and that can't be done without a lot of media attention first.

It's not like we want to drive to St Louis to watch the Rams, much less find a gameday atmosphere in the country that beat Arrowhead in the 90s. We want it back.

Bearcat
10-15-2012, 11:43 AM
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Thomas Jefferson

It is your choice to be quiet on politics and now sports. Then, do not criticize those who refuse to accept the tyranny of KC fan abuse. Do not dismiss their leaders and spokespersons because they have their own agendas to feed as well. Instead, applaud those with the courage to speak up in a world all too full with sheep willing to be led.

:clap:

Phobia
10-15-2012, 11:43 AM
There is no "ourselves" Denise. There are Chiefs fans and then there is you. You don't have to worry about getting lumped in with anything wearing a black #12 jersey around town.

HemiEd
10-15-2012, 11:46 AM
I will be the first to admit, I have a history of not caring much for Jason's messages. But I like this one, and the way he is carrying it out.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 11:48 AM

I am more afraid of an army of one hundred sheep led by a lion than an army of one hundred lions led by a sheep. ~Charles Maurice, Prince de Talleyrand-Périgord

No, I'm not quiet on politics or sports. I just have accepted that my thoughts, worries, opinions, judgments, or actions will have little to do with changing that which I have no control over. Nothing except putting my money where my mouth is.

The only way to make change as fans is to stop participating in that which has been repeatedly tried and failed. How long have most of us been here bitching about this team? Exactly what has changed during that time?

We have a blueprint of what worked before. Remember? When there was no one in stands. The franchise could not count on season ticket holders every year. Many games were blacked out and people wore bags over their heads? It wasn't that long ago.

People spoke with their most powerful asset...their wallets. Will it work again? Who knows. I think it speaks louder and more powerfully to have FANATICAL Chiefs fans refusing to buy a crappy product than fans spending their money and crying victim and claiming they've been deceived.

No one is forcing anyone to buy tickets and support this team. The front office said this and fans acted all appalled and offended. Yet, the front office is telling you exactly where their Achilles heel is.

Molitoth
10-15-2012, 11:48 AM
If Hitler would've targeted memyselfI instead of the jews, he would be a hero instead of dead.

Gonzo
10-15-2012, 11:49 AM

Well Denise, if you choose to not have a voice, then don't insult those of us who choose to speak up.
It has been said that you gave up on this franchise years ago and I myself have noted that the only time you speak up is when you can cause controversy or take an adverse stand against the majority. This is one of the many reasons this board took the place of the old one. Because no one here values your contributions or your opinions.
Feel free to go back to the DC and complain about things there with your groupies. I'm sure there are plenty of topics for you to have an "opinion" about.

Iowanian
10-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Only a moron would look to a French quote on military leadership.......appropriate.

HemiEd
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
If Hitler would've targeted memyselfI instead of the jews, he would be a hero instead of dead.

He would be pretty old though.

Raiderhader
10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Whatever, if teaming up with Jason Whitlock is what is needed to save the fan base or the Chiefs then this team is on an inconceivable plunge to hell. One that makes the Titanic look like a fender bender.

I think it's more productive and positive to speak for ourselves. Lose the national spokesperson who is best known for speaking up himself. Stay proud and keep this place on the list of desirable destinations for people who look around the franchise and see shit EVERYWHERE....

except the fan base. At least give potential players, coaches, and management something to build on. That doesn't mean shutting up and towing the line. That means refusing to let Jason Whitlock or Eric Winston, or anyone else define the fan base. Both of these men took negatives of which the fan base was beyond willing to accept and make them fact.

The master of controversy and trolling has a problem with Whitlock of all people. Oh the irony.

Rausch
10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Only a moron would look to a French quote on military leadership.......appropriate.

I have to spread my rheps around more before I can hit you again...

ct
10-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Not sure if anyone has said it, haven't read the whole thread.

Love the article, and THANK YOU for helping out your fellow Chiefs fans!!!

However, one point I wanted to make: when you use your position as a writer to explain the cause, then tell everyone you donated $600 as a fan, creates a conflict of interest. You are (devel's advocate view here) banging the drum and fueling the fire at the same time.

Now you came clean and laid out the transparency, and that's a damn good thing, sadly not common enough nowadays. Just sayin, ya know?

Raiderhader
10-15-2012, 11:53 AM
No, I'm not quiet on politics or sports. I just have accepted that my thoughts, worries, opinions, judgments, or actions will have little to do with changing that which I have no control over.

And thank the Almighty for that.

Phobia
10-15-2012, 11:54 AM
No one is forcing anyone to buy tickets and support this team. The front office said this and fans acted all appalled and offended. Yet, the front office is telling you exactly where their Achilles heel is.

This is probably your only post on this entire thread with which I agree. I don't think there will be a problem with that next year. Why do you think the Chiefs sell season tickets so hard? So they'll have some revenue for weeks 7-17, I guess. I'll never be a Chiefs STH. They have conditioned me well. Next year's STH marketing campaign, "We're so sorry, please come back."

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Well Denise, if you choose to not have a voice, then don't insult those of us who choose to speak up.
It has been said that you gave up on this franchise years ago and I myself have noted that the only time you speak up is when you can cause controversy or take an adverse stand against the majority. This is one of the many reasons this board took the place of the old one. Because no one here values your contributions or your opinions.
Feel free to go back to the DC and complain about things there with your groupies. I'm sure there are plenty of topics for you to have an "opinion" about.

No one is insulting you except for the negative images you are accepting to be perpetrated about you...:doh!: Like having no voice, victim, hapless, loser, etc.

Your loudest and strongest voice is on your ass...in your back pocket. NOTHING will speak so loud. All the complaining in the world won't speak as loud or produce more results than that green piece of paper.

See you aren't powerless and you aren't a victim. Choose to support the team FINANCIALLY or not. Then real changes will occur.

And nothing Whitlock says will have as much impact at that...though I'm sure he'll take credit.

notorious
10-15-2012, 11:56 AM
I have to spread my rheps around more before I can hit you again...

This looked......a little strange when I first saw it..........

Phobia
10-15-2012, 11:58 AM

He misspelled "herps".

Rausch
10-15-2012, 12:01 PM

There will never, ever, be a post from me that doesn't include some element of humor.

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 12:03 PM
No one is insulting you except for the negative images you are accepting to be perpetrated about you...:doh!: Like having no voice, victim, hapless, loser, etc.

Your ENTIRE argument is built on the fact that Whitlock referred to the KC fans as "working class".

You've tried as hard as you can to make "working class" into a socio-economic SLUR and tried to convince everyone that Whitlock was trying to denigrate the fans.

You're WRONG. There aren't too many losers on this board that would assign "working class" a negative connotation. You are one of the few.

It's not suprising, given where you have traditionally stood on political topics, that you would consider his use of the term "working class" to be a negative stereotype.

And nothing Whitlock says will have as much impact at that...though I'm sure he'll take credit.

You are absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

It's called BRAND EQUITY. The Kansas Chiefs property itself - the logo, the name, the FANS - have a value.

When those things are devalued, the Chiefs BRAND is devalued.

If that weren't the case, they NEVER would have apologized for what happened on Twitter with teedubya.

What we're doing right now IS forcing change. Whether that turns out to be the change WE WANT remains to be seen...

Iowanian
10-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Keep your eyes on the prize. We've known Dense was a mindless sewer for over a decade.

Right now, we're focusing on how to quickly return Pioli to where he's more comfortable...Pahkin his kah in the kah pahk neara lawbstah stowah.

Let's tie the car seat from Dense's 1985 Toyota over his head when he leaves so Pioli and his band of morons can never find their way back.

notorious
10-15-2012, 12:04 PM
There will never, ever, be a post from me that doesn't include some element of humor.

I see what you did there.

Or do I?

On a side note, is "Positive rhep" really a good thing?

Brock
10-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Your ENTIRE argument is built on the fact that Whitlock referred to the KC fans as "working class".

You've tried as hard as you can to make "working class" into a socio-economic SLUR and tried to convince everyone that Whitlock was trying to denigrate the fans.

What's funny is this broad trying to make working class a perjorative when she leeches off of some poor, stupid man who is exactly that. All the while working herself at some job that could be done by a part-timer out of high school.

Rausch
10-15-2012, 12:06 PM
I see what you did there.

Or do I?

On a side note, is "Positive rhep" really a good thing?

As long as it's not coming from your physician, yes...

notorious
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM
As long as it's not coming from your physician, yes...

LMAO

Smed1065
10-15-2012, 12:07 PM

Done, Thanks.

Bearcat
10-15-2012, 12:08 PM

Your loudest and strongest voice is on your ass...in your back pocket. NOTHING will speak so loud. All the complaining in the world won't speak as loud or produce more results than that green piece of paper.

See you aren't powerless and you aren't a victim. Choose to support the team FINANCIALLY or not. Then real changes will occur.

Well, think of the Chiefs like something that's actually important in your life, imagine there are no alternatives, then maybe it'll make more sense? People don't want to simply read a book on Sunday afternoon... they want to tailgate and they want a rockin' Arrowhead with a competitive team. And once again, the whole point of the media attention is to drive real change.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Well, think of the Chiefs like something that's actually important in your life, imagine there are no alternatives, then maybe it'll make more sense? People don't want to simply read a book on Sunday afternoon... they want to tailgate and they want a rockin' Arrowhead with a competitive team. And once again, the whole point of the media attention is to drive real change.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they sold out the parking lot but not the stadium. Why not just tailgate and then leave. That would send a message. :D

siberian khatru
10-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if they sold out the parking lot but not the stadium. Why not just tailgate and then leave. That would send a message. :D

Somebody has already suggested that. Everybody stays in the parking lot the entire game while the stadium is empty.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 12:23 PM

You're WRONG. There aren't too many losers on this board that would assign "working class" a negative connotation. You are one of the few.

It's not suprising, given where you have traditionally stood on political topics, that you would consider his use of the term "working class" to be a negative stereotype.

You are absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

It's called BRAND EQUITY. The Kansas Chiefs property itself - the logo, the name, the FANS - have a value.

When those things are devalued, the Chiefs BRAND is devalued.

If that weren't the case, they NEVER would have apologized for what happened on Twitter with teedubya.

What we're doing right now IS forcing change. Whether that turns out to be the change WE WANT remains to be seen...

No, my argument is that Whitlock is not going to win you any favors and he is certainly not going to win you any sympathy. If anything, if he is championing your cause it's going to make fans look even less likeable.

I think Chiefs fans have a pretty good reputation in the NFL. THAT is why the Winston comments took hold. Because they SEEM so out of character. Once we start accepting that we are pathetic, hapless, helpless fans then it's TO BE EXPECTED. Having national writers write about us in that light and our embracing it makes us appear to be more inclined to have 70k fans booing our injured player.

Phobia
10-15-2012, 12:24 PM

The problem is that single game ticket sales are such a small percentage of game attendance that it really doesn't impact their pocketbook significantly. They'll draft a 1st round QB and sell season tickets on his back next year to bolster attendance. They don't care if you don't attend after you've already paid cash for the tickets. They got their money. It's a cycle. Do just enough in the offseason to pique the interest of season ticket holders again.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Somebody has already suggested that. Everybody stays in the parking lot the entire game while the stadium is empty.

I think that element is what fans are truly emotionally attached to anyway. They think that if they stop going the tailgates would end and that part of being a fan would die. I am not sure who said just because we fill the parking lot we have to fill the stadium.

I think it would be a huge indictment to show a stadium full of cars in the pregame only to have everyone leave or not show up in their seats for the game.

Could Chiefs fans be disciplined and united enough to organize and orchestrate a 'sit out'????

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 12:27 PM
The problem is that single game ticket sales are such a small percentage of game attendance that it really doesn't impact their pocketbook significantly. They'll draft a 1st round QB and sell season tickets on his back next year to bolster attendance. They don't care if you don't attend after you've already paid cash for the tickets. They got their money. It's a cycle. Do just enough in the offseason to pique the interest of season ticket holders again.

Right, and not renewing will work for the pocket book next year.

Breaking a cycle requires actions different than those that created the cycle. They could be the only team in the league that sells out the parking lot but have any empty stadium. :D

Richard_Cuckold
10-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Whitlock is the effin man

ct
10-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Perhaps we need a game day blockade of every stadium entrance. Kinda the camerohead version of a 60's hippie sit in.

TheGuardian
10-15-2012, 12:36 PM
whit has really been on a tear lately. His best stuff ever, IMO.

Phobia
10-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Perhaps we need a game day blockade of every stadium entrance. Kinda the camerohead version of a 60's hippie sit in.
Horrible idea unless we have about 10x the current kitty for bail.

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 12:43 PM
I think Chiefs fans have a pretty good reputation in the NFL. THAT is why the Winston comments took hold. Because they SEEM so out of character.

Once again, you're completely wrong. I wonder if you saw ANYTHING at all about the coverage of the Winston incident outside of what you read here.

NOT ONE of the talking heads on ESPN or NFLN said ANYTHING about this being "confusing" or "out of character". Not one of them said anything remotely close to "the Chiefs fans are generally such a great bunch, this is surprising".

No, they jumped IMMEDIATELY to the idea that Chief fans are classless, hateful cretins.

Once we start accepting that we are pathetic, hapless, helpless fans then it's TO BE EXPECTED. Having national writers write about us in that light and our embracing it makes us appear to be more inclined to have 70k fans booing our injured player.

Who is accepting that we are pathetic, hapless, or helpless? NOTHING in what Whitlock wrote suggests that we are any of those things. NOTHING. You are the ONLY person that read Whitlock's article and extrapolated that.

Your ability to be a contrarian is hampered by the fact that both your "logic" and your ability to read and comrehend are completely and utterly flawed.

vailpass
10-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Mods need to hit this thread with a heavy dosage of Valtrex.

Graystoke
10-15-2012, 12:49 PM
Mods need to hit this thread with a heavy dosage of Valtrex.

Is that what Bronc Fans take when the Vagina is weeping?

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Once again, you're completely wrong. I wonder if you saw ANYTHING at all about the coverage of the Winston incident outside of what you read here.

NOT ONE of the talking heads on ESPN or NFLN said ANYTHING about this being "confusing" or "out of character". Not one of them said anything remotely close to "the Chiefs fans are generally such a great bunch, this is surprising".

No, they jumped IMMEDIATELY to the idea that Chief fans are classless, hateful cretins.

Who is accepting that we are pathetic, hapless, or helpless? NOTHING in what Whitlock wrote suggests that we are any of those things. NOTHING. You are the ONLY person that read Whitlock's article and extrapolated that.

Your ability to be a contrarian is hampered by the fact that both your "logic" and your ability to read and comrehend are completely and utterly flawed.

Talk about lack of reading skills. From the article above.

Athletes and media believe fans are stupid and unworthy of genuine respect. Talk about painting with a broad brush. :doh!: Maybe he should talk to some of the players who credit the fans at every turn. Many of which wear red each week.

Not only do fans not have a voice, they’re despised and abused. Abused? Really? Last I saw there were no shelters for battered or abused Chiefs fans. Dispised? Well then you really must be 'stupid and unworthy' (his words) to continue to go back for more. Which, seems pathetic. :doh!:

target of scorn from the very athletes you support,Really? Aside from Eric Winston's blown out of proportion comments which, by the way, were not 100% negative about the fans, there has been very little critical treatment of fans in this town. Even in the face of full blown hate campaigns directed at certain players and GMS. Some even I participated in. Funny, when I got to meet Elvis Grbac in person he was actually quite nice if not awkward and SO NOT SEXY. There are not players/athletes scorning fans in this town. One or two, maybe.

their desperation. Really? Desperate? If this is not labeling someone as hapless or helpless I am not sure what is. I am not desperate by what happens on that field. I enjoy watching or I turn it off. My family is still healthy, we have jobs, a good home over our heads and are generally content in our lives.

Is there anyone here truly desperate over what happens on that football field? Aside from Cassel and Pioli? If so, that says more about your life than it does the Chiefs failures.

DumbHillbillies
10-15-2012, 12:57 PM
A million thanks

Phobia
10-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Talk about lack of reading skills.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 01:07 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Not as funny as poop sack or whatever the last one was. But still LOL. :D

Raiderhader
10-15-2012, 01:09 PM
No, my argument is that Whitlock is not going to win you any favors and he is certainly not going to win you any sympathy. If anything, if he is championing your cause it's going to make fans look even less likeable.

So instead we should take the advice of a Chiefs traitor and terrorist sympathizer? Following your direction is going to make us look better?

Sorry, I'll stake my claim to Whitlock and not think twice about it.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 01:10 PM
So instead we should take the advice of a Chiefs traitor and terrorist sympathizer? Following your direction is going to make us look better?

Sorry, I'll stake my claim to Whitlock and not think twice about it.

In the end, I don't care if you suckle off of Jwhit. Just be careful what you ask for...

Raiderhader
10-15-2012, 01:16 PM
In the end, I don't care if you suckle off of Jwhit. Just be careful what you ask for...

You have more posts in this thread than any other poster (21 and second place is sitting at 8) telling us all how it is a mistake. Yet you don't care. Riiiiiiight.

Seriously, go throw yourself off of the nearest tall bridge.

Phobia
10-15-2012, 01:18 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
You have more posts in this thread than any other poster (21 and second place is sitting at 8) telling us all how it is a mistake. Yet you don't care. Riiiiiiight.

Actually not all of them were about trusting Whitlock to carry your message. I noticed I went over 31k posts in this thread.

Thanks Jason! :D

Saccopoo
10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Well, for starters I admitted there was NOTHING as a fan I could do to fix the Chiefs and if it truly makes me unhappy the one thing I can do is walk away. Make peace with knowing it's out of your control.

Actually, they are not the only choices.

Throughout history, mankind has shown an intolerance to despotisim and tyranny and, eventually, even the lowest of the lows have toppled the mightest of empires when the odds said that it was neigh impossible to do so.

Whitlock is our Robspierre, our Patrick Henry.

The groundswell has begun. The eloquent have taken heart and have begun to put our feelings, thoughts and passions to pen and paper. This is how the powerful begin to understand, but, fortunately, only too late for their redemption.

The Boston Tea Party, the storming of the Bastille has commenced.

Sharpen the guillotine!

Viva la Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/french/liberty.jpg

Flachief58
10-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Right, and not renewing will work for the pocket book next year.

Breaking a cycle requires actions different than those that created the cycle. They could be the only team in the league that sells out the parking lot but have any empty stadium. :D

Hmmm, let's see here. You want people who have already bought tickets to go to the parking lot & pay the $27 to park & tailgate but not go inside? Since you are still going to hand over more cash, I don't see haw that is sending a message. If your plan is to forfiet your seat, then why not just stay at home and party in the comfort of your own home?

Dartgod
10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
ROFL

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

That was hysterical.

Actually, they are not the only choices.

Throughout history, mankind has shown an intolerance to despotisim and tyranny and, eventually, even the lowest of the lows have toppled the mightest of empires when the odds said that it was neigh impossible to do so.

Whitlock is our Robspierre, our Patrick Henry.

The groundswell has begun. The eloquent have taken heart and have begun to put our feelings, thoughts and passions to pen and paper. This is how the powerful begin to understand, but, fortunately, only too late for their redemption.

The Boston Tea Party, the storming of the Bastille has commenced.

Sharpen the guillotine!

Viva la Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/french/liberty.jpg

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Hmmm, let's see here. You want people who have already bought tickets to go to the parking lot & pay the $27 to park & tailgate but not go inside? Since you are still going to hand over more cash, I don't see haw that is sending a message. If your plan is to forfiet your seat, then why not just stay at home and party in the comfort of your own home?

By admission, tailgating has been the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the Chiefs fan experience for a long while now, right? I'm saying it is possible to have one without the other. Just as we used to have one without the other. When the Chiefs were really bad and before tailgating became popular there was NO reason to go to the stadium. But if the party is still good and hanging with other fans is still a big draw and the best part of the Chiefs experience then why does it have to suffer because the game experience sucks?

It is possible to fill the stadium parking lot with partying fans wanting to go inside but only if the product inside is worth watching...

This tailgating and then going in and leaving at half time or by the time the Chiefs are down three touchdowns isn't working...

Iowanian
10-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Hunt gets paid for parking fees.

Gunt gets paid in personal satisfaction by shitting on this team and fanbase, just like the past decade.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Talk about lack of reading skills. From the article above.

So you managed to find 4 or 5 quotes denigrating PLAYERS and MEDIA.

Can you post some that denigrate US?

You're dense but I didn't think you were THIS dense.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
So you managed to find 4 or 5 quotes denigrating PLAYERS and MEDIA.

Can you post some that denigrate US?

You're dense but I didn't think you were THIS dense.

Seriously. But, but, but I thought he was 'the VOICE' of the fans. Standing up for the people. Chiefs fans who he is describing in this article.

If you don't feel that his claiming you are despised, abused, the target of scorn, and desperate is a condescending negative (not to mention downright inaccurate) description of you and the fan base then we've got a collective conscience of shat on and wanting more going on here. So much so that we don't even know it when we see it.

I'd love to see a poll as to who here feels the Chiefs players have scorned them, despise them, and abused them. Remember, he is painting them all with a broad brush, not just Winston. Which, ironically, he's lamenting in his article.

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2012, 01:59 PM

:clap:

htismaqe
10-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Seriously. But, but, but I thought he was 'the VOICE' of the fans.

LMAO

The Voice of the Fans?

He's A voice and A fan. One that happens to be fairly well-connected, which is useful to those of us that want to affect change.

If you don't feel that his claiming you are despised, abused, the target of scorn, and desperate is a condescending negative (not to mention downright inaccurate) description of you and the fan base then we've got a collective conscience of shat on and wanting more going on here. So much so that we don't even know it when we see it.

I don't base my sense of self or my worth on what other people say about me.

What he said is that players and media treat us with scorn. That doesn't make ME "scorned".

That makes them idiots.

Iowanian
10-15-2012, 02:02 PM
I've not always been a whitlock fan on every occasion but he is indeed the 1 national talking head who is being a carnival barker for our cause.

That, and he put a dollar for every pound of dense's arse into a fund putting his money where his mouth is on this topic.

Raiderhader
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM
I've not always been a whitlock fan on every occasion but he is indeed the 1 national talking head who is being a carnival barker for our cause.

That, and he put a dollar for every pound of dense's arse into a fund putting his money where his mouth is on this topic.

LMAO Iowanian just never disappoints.

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Duhnise giving advice to Chiefs fans is akin to Iran giving national security advice to the US.

Iowanian
10-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Kim Jong DENSE just shot a 7 on an 18 hole gorf coarse.

ROYC75
10-15-2012, 02:34 PM

LMAO:LOL:

whoman69
10-15-2012, 02:39 PM
This is probably one of Whitlocks best columns.

The answer is not to purchase parking and then skip the game. The answer would be to have the tailgating elsewhere and skip the game.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 02:42 PM
This is probably one of Whitlocks best columns.

The answer is not to purchase parking and then skip the game. The answer would be to have the tailgating elsewhere and skip the game.

Oh, I love that. Do you know a large enough property where you can get publicly intoxicated and it not be a problem? Room for cars, grills, pick up football games and firepits...

can't forget the smores, you know. :)

Flachief58
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
By admission, tailgating has been the most rewarding and enjoyable part of the Chiefs fan experience for a long while now, right? I'm saying it is possible to have one without the other. Just as we used to have one without the other. When the Chiefs were really bad and before tailgating became popular there was NO reason to go to the stadium. But if the party is still good and hanging with other fans is still a big draw and the best part of the Chiefs experience then why does it have to suffer because the game experience sucks?

It is possible to fill the stadium parking lot with partying fans wanting to go inside but only if the product inside is worth watching...

This tailgating and then going in and leaving at half time or by the time the Chiefs are down three touchdowns isn't working...

If you want to send a message, then you don't hand over any more $ to Clark period. No merchandise, parking or concessions. Make Arrowhead a ghost town on sundays. Just have a BBQ at home with family and friends. If and when the Chiefs make the needed changes, the Arrowhead atmosphere will come back

Dartgod
10-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Oh, I love that. Do you know a large enough property where you can get publicly intoxicated and it not be a problem? Room for cars, grills, pick up football games and firepits...

can't forget the smores, you know. :)

You head on out, the rest of us will be along shortly.

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/331/376/331376389_640.jpg

FAX
10-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I have a question for the more informed among us ...

In terms of overall revenue, how much do the Chiefs generate from television and how much from ticket sales, merchandise, concessions, and the like? Like ... say ... for example, is TV revenue 80% of the total? 60%?

It seems, if Mr. jwhit is correct, Arrowhead could be empty every weekend and it wouldn't make a difference on overall franchise decision-making or direction. Profits might decrease, but to a level insufficient to foster change or to even garner attention from ownership.

FAX

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Forbes considers Chiefs fans the 9th most valuable in the NFL. Valued at $49 per fan. Tied with Cleveland and New England. We have an idea how much each of us is worth to Clark Hunt.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45jfem/t9-kansas-city-chiefs/

SDChiefs
10-15-2012, 04:42 PM

In terms of overall revenue, how much do the Chiefs generate from television and how much from ticket sales, merchandise, concessions, and the like? Like ... say ... for example, is TV revenue 80% of the total? 60%?

It seems, if Mr. jwhit is correct, Arrowhead could be empty every weekend and it wouldn't make a difference on overall franchise decision-making or direction. Profits might decrease, but to a level insufficient to foster change or to even garner attention from ownership.

FAX

If nobody goes then games get blacked out. If games get blacked out local stations lose a ton in advertising revenue. No advertising revenue no tv concracts.

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2012, 04:46 PM

FAX

The Chiefs receive approximately $312 million in revenue from the TV contracts per year. The salary cap is currently $120 million and many people claim that the Chiefs have paid out $130 million in salary for 2012.

So, $312-130 is $182 million. If it's truly an average of $49 a fan, figuring 72,000 people, you're looking about $30 million in revenues if each home game (including preseason) are sold out.

Chocolate Hog
10-15-2012, 04:47 PM
The Chiefs receive approximately $312 million in revenue from the TV contracts per year. The salary cap is currently $120 million and many people claim that the Chiefs have paid out $130 million in salary for 2012.

So, $312-130 is $182 million. If it's truly an average of $49 a fan, figuring 72,000 people, you're looking about $30 million in revenues if each home game (including preseason) are sold out.

How much does Clark pocket a year?

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2012, 04:48 PM
If nobody goes then games get blacked out. If games get blacked out local stations lose a ton in advertising revenue. No advertising revenue no tv concracts.

It's not about attendance, it's about tickets sold.

Kansas City advertisers and local networks, unlike cities like San Diego and Jacksonville, will purchase the necessary tickets to avoid blackouts because they would lose far too much money otherwise.

But that said, an empty Chiefs stadium is embarrassing in this day and age.

ct
10-15-2012, 04:50 PM

This is why you don't park in the lot, park on the street. Blue Ridge Cutoff, Raytown Rd, etc. Overwhelming automobile blockade by sheer volume. Traffic cops and towtrucks cannot keep up.

Easy for me to say, i'm outa town and it's not my car. Phobia even told me it's a horrible idea, so it MUST be brilliant!! :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2012, 04:50 PM
How much does Clark pocket a year?

Who knows? We know he's only part-owner with a 25% share and since the NFL will not open up their books, it's impossible to know who is on the payroll and what they're paid.

I would estimate that he earns between $20-30 million from the Chiefs each year, although that's a very, very rough estimate.

BigRedChief
10-15-2012, 04:52 PM
If nobody goes then games get blacked out. If games get blacked out local stations lose a ton in advertising revenue. No advertising revenue no tv concracts.Not true. The national TV contracts are where the money is, not local revenue.

They black out the KC market its not a financial disaster. See Tampa Bay. They have been blacked out for years. The NFL chugs along.

But blackouts and empty stadiums would motivate Clark to do something. I see no way that Clark lets that slide without acting. But it will be because of Clark, not local TV contracts.

FAX
10-15-2012, 04:53 PM

Apparently, the NFL has some sort of "Master Contract" for television in which revenues are split (these are probably national broadcasts, Sunday ticket, etc.).

Anyhow, from what I can discern, the 2010 contract amounted to about 3.8 billion (with a B) divided among the 32 teams. It looks like the new deal will be worth 10 times that much ... roughly 1 billion per team.

If so, that eclipses the amount of money spent on tickets and concessions ... estimated by some at around 60 million on average per market.

Clark could make an easy fortune and never sell a single ticket or beer for the rest of his natural life and all his generations. Hell, they could give away tickets and beer and make more money than some third world countries.

FAX

ct
10-15-2012, 04:54 PM
If you want to send a message, then you don't hand over any more $ to Clark period. No merchandise, parking or concessions. Make Arrowhead a ghost town on sundays. Just have a BBQ at home with family and friends. If and when the Chiefs make the needed changes, the Arrowhead atmosphere will come back

Ok, Phobia will approve. :)

Shoot some video of your "protest tailgate at home", upload to youtube, post the link @saveourchiefs (and saveourchiefs.com). then the only guy it costs $ is Clark Hunt.

Phobia
This is why you don't park in the lot, park on the street. Blue Ridge Cutoff, Raytown Rd, etc. Overwhelming automobile blockade by sheer volume. Traffic cops and towtrucks cannot keep up.

Easy for me to say, i'm outa town and it's not my car. Phobia even told me it's a horrible idea, so it MUST be brilliant!! :thumb:

The vehicles that do get towed are on the hook for $250+ but as long as that money isn't going into Clark's pocket, right? Plus if you get caught intentionally blocking traffic, KCPD or Jackson County Deputies will figure out which disturbing the peace charge to throw at you as well. Volunteers for this plan please bring $700 cash to the stadium.

Count Alex's Losses
Clark will fire PioLLLLLi because he cares about winning and he cares about how the franchise looks.

Period.

Perhaps not in that order. LMAO

ct
10-15-2012, 05:00 PM
The vehicles that do get towed are on the hook for $250+ but as long as that money isn't going into CLLLLLark's pocket, right? Plus if you get caught intentionally blocking traffic, KCPD or Jackson County Deputies will figure out which disturbing the peace charge to throw at you as well. Volunteers for this plan please bring $700 cash to the stadium.

ah it was fun to dream...

takin off folks, everyone enjoy MNF 2nite, winner 2nite wins the AFC West, while CLLLLLark stays home in Dallas and counts his $ in January.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Trent Green is on 810 right now. He mentioned knowing nothing of the extension for Pissoli but did mention something else. He said he thought it was great that Winston took some initiative last week but had it misdirected. He said Winston should be embarrassed by all of the missed blocks, tackles for losses and little time for the QB to look through his progressions. He stated his line always took pride in blocking and they communicated by calling out people that missed blocks and that it seemed to be lacking for this team. Love Trent.

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Trent for GM, HC and OC.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Trent for GM, HC and OC.

We need someone to tell it like it is, throwing anyone under the bus and then backing up to make sure they got it.

CoMoChief
10-15-2012, 05:47 PM
fuck he should just suit up

BDB
10-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Whitlock is full of crap. He takes a standards set by a bunch of bottom feeders and cloaks the entire NFL with it. All one has to do is look at the Denver Broncos to see that Twitlock's thesis is flimsey. Shanny loses the Division after losing the last 3, Fired. Josh McDaniels, 2-14, Fired. Kyle Orton, starts 0-4 and the fans lose thier sh!t, benched in comes Tebow. Next, welcome Peyton Manning. All NFL teams may make money but the top franchises cherish thier fans that's why they are the top. In Twitlock's world, NFL teams don't have incentive to win that's a bunch of bs.

Discuss Thrower
10-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Whitlock is full of crap. He takes a standards set by a bunch of bottom feeders and cloaks the entire NFL with it. All one has to do is look at the Denver Broncos to see that Twitlock's thesis is flimsey. Shanny loses the Division after losing the last 3, Fired. Josh McDaniels, 2-14, Fired. Kyle Orton, starts 0-4 and the fans lose thier sh!t, benched in comes Tebow. Next, welcome Peyton Manning. All NFL teams may make money but the top franchises cherish thier fans that's why they are the top. In Twitlock's world, NFL teams don't have incentive to win that's a bunch of bs.

Franchises without involved owners who have the ego, drive, or hunger to win have ZERO incentive to win in the current climate of revenue sharing.

Woodchuck
10-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Wonder where Pioli will go next? I bet he could wind up in Cleveland.

Molitoth
10-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Wonder where PioLLLLLi will go next? I bet he could wind up in Cleveland.

Perfect place for him. A big Brown shithole.

Psyko Tek
10-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Always thought of JAson as a shit stirrer and attention whore
right now you ARE the MAN
you ar stirring shit in our favor and with this kind of attention
they may even let you into the power and light distric
give'em hell, my man

SPchief
10-16-2012, 11:53 AM
As requested by Phobia

HemiEd
10-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I had a response all typed out for the locked thread. I don't do twitter, but shared the story on FB yesterday.

memyselfI
10-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Apparently this media big wig needs your help in spamming his column to other journalists. (Why? Maybe they've blocked him?) and he's here to help you, the lowly no voice fan. So hop to it...

chop, chop.

Today, 11:44 AM
Starter

Please spam my column on plight of fans Twitter and Facebook.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/w...be-next-101512

This column connects your plight as Chiefs fans to other fans across the country, promotes saveourchiefs movement and it's helping reshape the discussion of Eric Winston's stupid comments.

Thanks,

Whitlock
jwhit has disabled reputation
Add to jwhit's Reputation LMAO

HemiEd
10-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Well he chipped in $600 for the cause, how much did you put in Denise?

memyselfI
10-16-2012, 12:06 PM

Nothing yet. I did not like the message targeted at individual players and said so in the thread. Depending on what the next once says I'm in. I want the message geared towards CHunt and Pioli. Not the players.

Phobia
10-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Nothing yet. I did not like the message targeted at individual players and said so in the thread. Depending on what the next once says I'm in. I want the message geared towards CHunt and Pioli. Not the players.

Unless it was an anti-Grbac banner and then she's in. To Denise's credit, she is voting with her wallet. She refuses to attend the Raiders game at Arrowhead this year.

memyselfI
10-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Unless it was an anti-Grbac banner and then she's in. To Denise's credit, she is voting with her wallet. She refuses to attend the Raiders game at Arrowhead this year.

No, I don't think I would have pitched in for that. It's just too personal. I believe the players put their bodies and their careers on the line when they step on the field. They aren't like CHunt and Pioli who sit behind a desk and are waited on all day. The players are simply chess pieces in the GMs and owners game. Certainly not like any of us sitting on our asses bitching about what they do while they are taking hits.

I didn't like the Grbac bulls eye signs and jpegs that were floating around. I got called out because I thought it was crossing a line. Got all sorts of flak for that but I believed it was too personal and not a line I wanted any part of crossing.

ChiefButthurt
10-16-2012, 12:13 PM

THIS and THIS.... oh and THIS

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-16-2012, 12:15 PM

Done :thumb:

memyselfI
10-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Not to mention, unlike Whitlock, I have a boy in college and another about there. There is no way in hell I'd spend that kind of money on an anti-Chiefs campaign. I'd spend it on Sporting Kansas City first. It's actually going to support a winner vs. complaining about a loser.

HemiEd
10-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Aren't there any soccer sites with political forums?

DaKCMan AP
10-16-2012, 12:32 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

STFU

memyselfI
10-16-2012, 12:33 PM
STFU

This is cracking me up. You guys are a hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot! LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Dartgod
10-16-2012, 12:38 PM
This is cracking me up. You guys are a hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot! LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

And you're a disgusting pig.

GloryDayz
10-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Like!

mesmith31
10-17-2012, 08:52 AM
The flying banner and Twitter followings are a start, but they still appear to the public to be a faction or schismatic element of Chiefs Fans. What would be interesting to see is something that would show a live TV audience on say Monday Night Football the dissatisfaction by the entirety of Chiefs fans.

I am thinking getting everyone in the stadium wearing a certain color T-shirt emblazoned with a certain slogan. So that it would force MNF announcers and viewership to say, "why is Arrowhead all dressed in green?" Oh, it's because all ownership sees is dollar signs.

Something like that, with nationwide press.

CoMoChief
10-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Not to mention, unlike Whitlock, I have a boy in college and another about there. There is no way in hell I'd spend that kind of money on an anti-Chiefs campaign. I'd spend it on Sporting Kansas City first. It's actually going to support a winner vs. complaining about a loser.

LMAO at the horrible idea of ever spending $600 on soccer.

memyselfI
10-17-2012, 09:03 AM

Definitely, when you can spend SOOOO much more supporting a losing franchise and then even more complaining about it. :doh!: ROFL

CoMoChief
10-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Definitely, when you can spend SOOOO much more supporting a losing franchise and then even more complaining about it. :doh!: ROFL

I don't spend that much on any professional sport. I don't go to Chiefs or Royals gams unless the tix are given to me.

But soccer? LMAO it's ****ing soccer

Ace Gunner
10-17-2012, 09:08 AM

scoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!

memyselfI
10-17-2012, 09:12 AM
I don't spend that much on any professional sport. I don't go to Chiefs or Royals gams unless the tix are given to me.

I do, PROUDLY, on soccer. This season we've probably spent at least double that and will again next season and probably for as long as we live in KC. I might spend it on the Chiefs if they were good but I enjoy watching at home (except for the tailgating) more than I do being in the stadium so I doubt I'd ever have season tickets to the Chiefs.

I would not spend $600 complaining about anything. Doing so doesn't mean you are a better fan just a bigger whiner with more disposable income.

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 09:19 AM

Husssh. She has already drifted down here from D.C. since the Chiefs suck, let her stay at the soccer games.

memyselfI
10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Husssh. She has already drifted down here from D.C. since the Chiefs suck, let her stay at the soccer games.

I haven't been in DC, save for the occasional post, for about two years. When did the Chiefs start to suck? :hmmm:

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 09:32 AM
I haven't been in DC, save for the occasional post, for about two years. When did the Chiefs start to suck? :hmmm:

You injected the term "start" not me, but the current level of suckage has brought out some of you that obviously enjoy it. Kind of like a NASCAR fan that goes to see the wrecks.

Here, just trying to help. (http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/)

memyselfI
10-17-2012, 09:36 AM
You injected the term "start" not me, but the current level of suckage has brought out some of you that obviously enjoy it. Kind of like a NASCAR fan that goes to see the wrecks.

Here, just trying to help. (http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/)

No, I've watched this team for 40 years and not all of them just when they were good. Sorry, that shit don't fly. Unlike the Royals, who I stopped watching at all because they suck, I still watch and listen and am a fan of the Chiefs.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2012, 09:45 AM
No, I've watched this team for 40 years and not all of them just when they were good. Sorry, that shit don't fly. Unlike the Royals, who I stopped watching at all because they suck, I still watch and listen and am a fan of the Chiefs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZA5v0bZij40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 09:45 AM

Guess I misunderstood, I thought you went to Oakland with Gannon.

So at what level do the Chiefs become like the Royals and lose your fandom?

CoMoChief
10-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh so she's a woman?

Now it makes sense.

memyselfI
10-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Guess I misunderstood, I thought you went to Oakland with Gannon.

So at what level do the Chiefs become like the Royals and lose your fandom?

Sorry, none. I love football more than I ever did baseball.