PDA

View Full Version : Football How full as the Tampa Bay stadium?

Holladay
10-15-2012, 07:07 AM
From the screen shots, didn't look to full. And if you can hear our teams offensive check downs, ie no crowd noise = smart fans.

BECAUSE TAMPA BAY FANS ARE SMART ENOUGH NOT TO SPEND THEIR MONEY ON A CRAPPY PRODUCT.

Or else there are better things to do in Tampa Bay on nice day then say in KC.

mlyonsd
10-15-2012, 07:17 AM

CosmicPal
10-15-2012, 08:01 AM

20,000 of those were Chiefs fans. I know. I was there.

Al Bundy
10-15-2012, 08:36 AM
The Bucs have a sad, sad fanbase... there were A LOT of Chiefs fans, most of which were pretty cool. There were some real douchebags though. A LOT of you guys thought you were going to win... I go to 4 home games a year and in the last 6 years there has been a lot of games where the crowd has been at least 1/4th opposing team fans.

jspchief
10-15-2012, 08:39 AM
There's a lot more to do in Tampa on a Sunday than in KC.

memyselfI
10-15-2012, 08:40 AM
There's a lot more to do in Tampa on a Sunday than in KC.

This.

Spott
10-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Florida teams all have this problem. There's a ton of transplants here that won't change what team they root for. Combine that with the fact that weather is always nice, nearby beaches and that college football is considered the bigger sport in the south, the only times they'll get sellouts is when the team is competing for a Super Bowl.

movinbones
10-15-2012, 09:04 AM
This was my 2nd Chiefs game in Tampa... Hard to tell with all the red but seemed like crowd was 30-40% Chiefs.
Flowers and McCluster probably had 50-100 'family' members there.

Predarat
10-15-2012, 09:14 AM
No fans but kicked ass.

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2012, 09:27 AM
This was my 2nd Chiefs game in Tampa... Hard to tell with all the red but seemed like crowd was 30-40% Chiefs.
Flowers and McCluster probably had 50-100 'family' members there.

I know Flowers mom was there - saw her at Publix before heading to the stadium.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Dude, the Bucs have like 10 fans. Dumb comparison.

gblowfish
10-15-2012, 12:32 PM
We got bitch slapped by Buccaneer Bruce!
NTTAWWT.....

http://i49.tinypic.com/2vdk94j.gif

tooge
10-15-2012, 12:37 PM
We got bitch slapped by Buccaneer Bruce!
NTTAWWT.....

http://i49.tinypic.com/2vdk94j.gif

yeah, that guy sailed on a butt pirate ship for sure. He's winking ffs

Psyko Tek
10-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Buccaneer Bruth
he is winking at you sailor

stevenidol
10-15-2012, 09:17 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/525898_3785970336915_715480346_n.jpg

stevenidol
10-15-2012, 09:18 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/525898_3785970336915_715480346_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/254760_3785970776926_477503840_n.jpg

From where I was sitting. The fans around us told us that the stadium never sells out, and not even during the good years. Also, yes there were Chiefs fans everywhere.

BigRedChief
10-15-2012, 09:20 PM
There's a lot more to do in Tampa on a Sunday than in KC.THIS!

A lot of Chief fans at the game. We really represented. Too bad the team forgot to show up.

It was so fucking hot in the stands. That damn cannon going off all the time. They did have nice wide concourses and no wait for beers.

stevenidol
10-15-2012, 09:27 PM
THIS!

A lot of Chief fans at the game. We really represented. Too bad the team forgot to show up.

It was so ****ing hot in the stands. That damn cannon going off all the time. They did have nice wide concourses and no wait for beers.

I wore the pink towel on my head for the whole game. That thing was a life (forehead) saver.

BigRedChief
10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
I wore the pink towel on my head for the whole game. That thing was a life (forehead) saver.My wife made me give up mine so she can have it. But on the flip side, I got have too many beers to drive. Helped tolerate the play of our team.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-15-2012, 09:37 PM
It looked like Arrowhead in the 3rd quarter.

stevenidol
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
The far side in the pictures I posted was directly in the sun for the entire game, and my side was in the shade just after halftime. So in the second half, the other side was pretty deserted.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-15-2012, 09:42 PM
One of my best friends is a huge Chiefs fan who lives in Tampa. She decided to sleep in and watch a stream since it was blacked out. It wasn't worth getting sunburned for.

BigRedChief
10-15-2012, 09:50 PM
One of my best friends is a huge Chiefs fan who lives in Tampa. She decided to sleep in and watch a stream since it was blacked out. It wasn't worth getting sunburned for.Why doesnt she come watch the games with the rest of us Chief fans?

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Why doesnt she come watch the games with the rest of us Chief fans?

You'd have to ask her. She's a member here. I just don't think she cares much anymore. She's made a great new living for herself and does her own thing mostly away from CP.

Al Bundy
10-15-2012, 10:27 PM
THIS!

It was so ****ing hot in the stands. That damn cannon going off all the time. They did have nice wide concourses and no wait for beers.

And that stadium is "cool" compared to the old Sombrero.

stevenidol
10-15-2012, 11:05 PM
They also don't stop all the concessions and music in the concourse when the national anthem is being sung, so I missed doing the "home of the CHIEFS!" because I had no idea they were doing it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Whenever TB scored and they shot off the cannon my bro and I joked we were shooting another of our coaches.

ThaVirus
10-16-2012, 12:13 AM
I want to say I snapped this right after the opening kickoff. Stadium wasn't full at all and I'd say about 20-25% of them were Chief's fans, which was really shocking. I sat next to a couple and had a sizeable group a couple rows down. There were enough of us to hear the "home of the CHIEFS" during the National Anthem.. Plus I think I saw Flowers' family a few rows up from me. There was an old man and four women all wearing his jersey so I'm just assuming they were family..

Anyway, it was hot as balls and the sun was unrelenting! People were cheering more for the shade than the plays on the field. I loved the little kid dancing to Gangnam Style; that got the loudest crowd reaction of the day.

The Bucs fans all seemed cool. I don't remember hearing any shit talking and they all seemed pretty friendly, but their team won by four TDs so that shouldn't be a surprise. On the way back to the car they were chanting "Tampa...... BAY" the entire way which kinda annoyed me. I also caught a guy giving a Chief's fan some shit. He said "We gon' see if Kansas City got the best barbecue and we gon' start witchu!" LMAO He got a huge "OOOOOOHHHHH" reaction out of the crowd but he was just bullshitting with the guy so it was all good.

It was my first NFL game and all-in-all it was a good experience. I just wish we had either won or been competitive.

Holladay
10-16-2012, 05:01 AM
looks like arrow head last week. I told the kids to look at the stands. they said, "looks like a bunch of red" then they smiled. I said the seats are red.

Thavirus, congrats on your first nfl game. No matter where, they are still fun. Better then working on a barn or napping.

DaKCMan AP
10-16-2012, 06:32 AM
I want to say I snapped this right after the opening kickoff. Stadium wasn't full at all and I'd say about 20-25% of them were Chief's fans, which was really shocking. I sat next to a couple and had a sizeable group a couple rows down. There were enough of us to hear the "home of the CHIEFS" during the National Anthem.. Plus I think I saw Flowers' family a few rows up from me. There was an old man and four women all wearing his jersey so I'm just assuming they were family..

Anyway, it was hot as balls and the sun was unrelenting! People were cheering more for the shade than the plays on the field. I loved the little kid dancing to Gangnam Style; that got the loudest crowd reaction of the day.

The Bucs fans all seemed cool. I don't remember hearing any shit talking and they all seemed pretty friendly, but their team won by four TDs so that shouldn't be a surprise. On the way back to the car they were chanting "Tampa...... BAY" the entire way which kinda annoyed me. I also caught a guy giving a Chief's fan some shit. He said "We gon' see if Kansas City got the best barbecue and we gon' start witchu!" LMAO He got a huge "OOOOOOHHHHH" reaction out of the crowd but he was just bullshitting with the guy so it was all good.

It was my first NFL game and all-in-all it was a good experience. I just wish we had either won or been competitive.

The kid dancing was the highlight of the entire game.

Our section did the whole "That's a Kansas City Chiefs....... FIRST DOWN!" for each 1st down, which wasn't often. Two drunk Bucs fans didn't appreciate it but no one else cared. Towards the end of the game one Bucs fan in a throwback jersey yelled at me "Why are you still here?" I responded "Why not?" He then said "The game is over" and I retorted "It was over before it began" and he finished "Yeah, I guess that's true." He then came and talked with our group of Chiefs fans in the parking lot after the game. There really wasn't any back-and-forth all game because 1) both teams suck and 2) the teams aren't even remotely close to being rivals.

As for being competitive, I wish we would have even TRIED to be competitive. Tampa kept throwing the ball up for grabs all day while we kept running the ball and throwing <10yd passes... even while down 20+.

Al Bundy
10-16-2012, 07:17 AM
The kid dancing was the highlight of the entire game.

Our section did the whole "That's a Kansas City Chiefs....... FIRST DOWN!" for each 1st down, which wasn't often. Two drunk Bucs fans didn't appreciate it but no one else cared. Towards the end of the game one Bucs fan in a throwback jersey yelled at me "Why are you still here?" I responded "Why not?" He then said "The game is over" and I retorted "It was over before it began" and he finished "Yeah, I guess that's true." He then came and talked with our group of Chiefs fans in the parking lot after the game. There really wasn't any back-and-forth all game because 1) both teams suck and 2) the teams aren't even remotely close to being rivals.

As for being competitive, I wish we would have even TRIED to be competitive. Tampa kept throwing the ball up for grabs all day while we kept running the ball and throwing <10yd passes... even while down 20+.

The Chiefs tried to be competitive.... the Bucs are just that much better.

DaKCMan AP
10-16-2012, 07:23 AM
The Chiefs tried to be competitive.... the Bucs are just that much better.

As much as you'd like to think that, no they didn't. They never threw the ball down the field. Not once. The Bucs WRs downfield weren't wide open. They were covered tightly. The difference is Freeman threw it up for grabs and the Bucs WRs came down with the ball. The Chiefs never gave their WRs the opportunity.

Towards the end of the game the Chiefs D just quit. It was embarrassing. They didn't even try to tackle the Bucs RBs or WRs.

DaKCMan AP
10-16-2012, 08:21 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AjPnJFAEsXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaKCMan AP
10-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Best cheerleaders in the NFL?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FIfbghHdG1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

qabbaan
10-16-2012, 08:49 AM
They suck, but they don't sell out anyway unless the team is really good.

qabbaan
10-16-2012, 08:50 AM
We were not only beaten, but flat-out embarrassed, by a team that was playing a blacked-out home game. Think about that one.