PDA

View Full Version : Poop Tyler Palko Explained (Haley Wanted Hasselbeck)

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Kevin Harlan was just on 810 and said a Titans scout told him that Todd Haley wanted to go after Matt Hasselbeck before last season and was told no by PioLLLLLi. Thus that's why we were stuck with Palko and likely didn't win the division last year.

Another strike against PioLLLLLi.

theelusiveeightrop
10-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Does Pioli drink? Rhetorical question?

Hog Farmer
10-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Wow. Hassel would be a probowler with the weapons we have !

Fuck Pioli !

bevischief
10-16-2012, 07:05 AM
:banghead:

BoneKrusher
10-16-2012, 07:05 AM
if Haley had gotten his way by bringing in Hasselbeck he'd still be the head coach in KC.

theelusiveeightrop
10-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Kevin Harlan was just on 810 and said a Titans scout told him that Todd Haley wanted to go after Matt Hasselbeck before last season and was told no by PioLLLLLi. Thus that's why we were stuck with Palko and likely didn't win the division last year.

Maybe Haley wasn't as bat-shit crazy as I originally thought.

Fruit Ninja
10-16-2012, 07:09 AM
see, at least Hasselback has had a history of being a pretty good qb, yes, he was older, but its alot better then anythimg we have had here since trent green.

Thats pretty fucking terrible. I hope the guys on 610 ask him some questions to flusterate his ass. haha yeah i know its not a word.

Sofa King
10-16-2012, 07:09 AM

I'm beginning to think he was just absolutely broken by Pioli.

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Why would a Titans scout know this? If Pioli didn't want him, he was never pursued right? Sounds like bullshit to me. I remember thinking Palko was Haley's boy.

theelusiveeightrop
10-16-2012, 07:10 AM
I'm beginning to think he was just absolutely broken by PioLLLLLi.

Piloi breaks all. Kiss his ring, or get an offer you can't refuse.

BoneKrusher
10-16-2012, 07:11 AM

yep.

Claynus
10-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Fire that ass.

beach tribe
10-16-2012, 07:12 AM
if Haley had gotten his way by bringing in Hasselbeck he'd still be the head coach in KC.

I may be in the minority, but I still think Haley would have been a good coach had he not been sabotaged by Pioli.

Fruit Ninja
Why would a Titans scout know this? If PioLLLLLi didn't want him, he was never pursued right? Sounds like bullshit to me. I remember thinking Palko was Haley's boy.

people behind the scenes talk. Someone knows someone. Maybe the agent of Matt told the Titans team to try to get him more money

ChiefMojo
Seriously we could've had Hasselbeck as our QB???? FFF*******KKK YYYYOOUUUU PioLLLLLi!!!!!!!!

BoneKrusher
10-16-2012, 07:13 AM
I may be in the minority, but I still think Haley would have been a good coach had he not been sabotaged by PioLLLLLi.

i'm starting to think so as well.

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 07:18 AM
Why would a Titans scout know this? If PioLLLLLi didn't want him, he was never pursued right? Sounds like bullshit to me. I remember thinking Palko was Haley's boy.

I know he said scout and I thought he said Titans scout, but I'm not 100% for sure. Regardless it doesn't sound like something ANY scout would make up in a conversation with Kevin Harlan.

CoMoChief
10-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Still doesn't explain WHY Palko started games for us.

That was just criminally stupid....there's no justification to it whatsoever.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 07:21 AM
I've attacked Haley as much as anyone, but if this is true my opinion of Haley would turn 180 degrees. My main reason for hating on Haley was Tyler Failco, FIRE PISSOLI NOW!

Fruit Ninja
10-16-2012, 07:22 AM

Because it was Palko or Stanzi at the time and if i remember they were saying that PioLLLLLi said Stanzi was NOT going to play last year, so who else was going to qb the team? A WR?

I also remember when they asked Haley why Palko was even starting and he just put his head down and goes, i dont know like he was lying.

Bane
10-16-2012, 07:22 AM
If true he should be terminated yesterday.

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 07:23 AM

Do you want Syphillis or Gonorrhea?

Woodchuck
This doesn't make sense in my opinion. Pioli was quick to jump on Orton when he got cut. Seems like he wanted a veteran back up all along.

BoneKrusher
My main reason for hating on Haley was Tyler Failco, FIRE PISSOLI NOW!

i stayed tuned to espn all day yesterday hoping Pioli/Crennel would be fired.
maybe today..;)

BoneKrusher
10-16-2012, 07:24 AM
This doesn't make sense in my opinion. PioLLLLLi was quick to jump on Orton when he got cut. Seems like he wanted a veteran back up all along.

he already had one of those in Cassel

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 07:24 AM

If Pissoli insisted that Stanzi couldn't start, then Haleys hands were tied. Which is probably 100% accurate considering this thread is true.

Fruit Ninja
10-16-2012, 07:25 AM
This doesn't make sense in my opinion. PioLLLLLi was quick to jump on Orton when he got cut. Seems like he wanted a veteran back up all along.

Because he did NOT want Stanzi playing and he knew Palko was crap and he had to do something. Notice Orton isnt here after playing pretty damn well. He didnt want ANY QB controversy if ORton was on the roster. Everyone and their moms know Orton was alot better then Cassel. Quinn? not so much. Even at best.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 07:25 AM

That's because he was a Pissoli Choice, he didn't want the coach actually making any decisions which I believe to be true.

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Because he did NOT want Stanzi playing and he knew Palko was crap and he had to do something. Notice Orton isnt here after playing pretty damn well. He didnt want ANY QB controversy if ORton was on the roster. Everyone and their moms know Orton was alot better then CasseLLLLL. Quinn? not so much. Even at best.

I thought Orton wanted to leave?

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 07:29 AM

Cassell was done for the season so there wouldn't be any competition between him and Orton. He just didn't want a vet backup pressing Cassell.

Flachief58
10-16-2012, 07:30 AM

Because Haley knew he was done in KC. By playing Palko, he was telling Pioli to go fuck himself.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Because Haley knew he was done in KC. By playing Palko, he was telling PioLLLLLi to go **** himself.

He didn't have a choice.

Fruit Ninja
10-16-2012, 07:32 AM
I thought Orton wanted to leave?

Cowboys offered him 10 million for 2 years to back up. Pioli was NOT gonna do that, they got Quinn for 2 million.

Pioli didnt want any competition. Remember he was like were are going to have competition everywhere, even at QB. it was a fucking lie

mcaj22
10-16-2012, 07:33 AM
that's depressing. That means Haley wanted Hasselbeck as his stop gap veteran QB last season to bide his time and still be competitive. That means Haley would have had his pick of the litter out of the QBs in that most recent draft and I can only wonder which one we would have taken for us... RG3, Tannehill, Wilson, Foles, Cousins, etc

This is all considering that PioLLLLLi lets him do any of that but PioLLLLLi didnt. Which is why I hope PioLLLLLi ****s off

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-16-2012, 07:33 AM
This.

Predarat
10-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Though if it did not go well everyone would be calling him cAssHoleBeck.

stevenidol
10-16-2012, 07:40 AM

Because Stanzi was equal at best and definitely looks more fragile.

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 07:41 AM
CasseLLLLLLLLLl was done for the season so there wouldn't be any competition between him and Orton. He just didn't want a vet backup pressing CasseLLLLLLLLLl.

CasseLLLLL was coming off of a Pro Bowl selection and the AFC West Championship. The thought of "pressing CasseLLLLL" was never there in 2011. It was his job no matter what. I think Haley wanted Palko and PioLLLLLi wanted a veteran like when he had Flutie and Huard in NE.

I don't like PioLLLLLi but I think this radio dude has this ass backwards.

Ace Gunner
10-16-2012, 07:41 AM

and maybe Clark/Piholi are more devious than originally thought.

Fruit Ninja
10-16-2012, 07:44 AM
CasseLLLLLLLLL was coming off of a Pro Bowl selection and the AFC West Championship. The thought of "pressing CasseLLLLLLLLL" was never there in 2011. It was his job no matter what. I think Haley wanted Palko and PioLLLLLi wanted a veteran like when he had Flutie and Huard in NE.

lol, NO fucking way. That 2010 season was a damned fluke. Every good team that season pushed our shit in. Just look at the play off game that year. The passing did NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING. Cassel was terrrible that game.

He wasnt even selected to the pro bowl, he was a fucking alternate because 2 qb's did NOT go. Pioli traded for Matt before Haley was even hired. Haley had no choice but to be stuck with Matt for a few years because he signed a freaking 63 million dollar contract. ITS ALL PIOLI

theelusiveeightrop
10-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Gotta agree that if there is any shred of truth to this, no way even Clark can keep Pioli. This isn't borderline criminal, it is criminal. Does anyone know the exact whereabouts of Tyler Palko right now?l

Easy 6
10-16-2012, 07:45 AM
The ugly news just keeps on a comin'

I would GLADLY take Hasselbeck over anyone here, said as much not that long ago.

Ace Gunner
10-16-2012, 07:45 AM

Did you even see Stanzi play pre season? Ricki Retardo was awful and that was a year after you think he should have started. So, no -- you have no idea what the hell you are speaking.

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 07:46 AM
CasseLLLLLLLLL was coming off of a Pro Bowl selection and the AFC West Championship. The thought of "pressing CasseLLLLLLLLL" was never there in 2011. It was his job no matter what. I think Haley wanted Palko and PioLLLLLi wanted a veteran like when he had Flutie and Huard in NE.

Sorry Woodchuck, but I'll give Kevin Harlan the benefit of the doubt in this case.

the Talking Can
it is beyond clear at this point that Pioli has a psychotic attachment to Cassel...he has ensured that no QB with an ounce of talent is on the roster

htismaqe
I know he said scout and I thought he said Titans scout, but I'm not 100% for sure. Regardless it doesn't sound like something ANY scout would make up in a conversation with Kevin Harlan.

Kevin Harlan is one of the most respected men in sports. If he said it, it's true. He doesn't speculate either.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 07:48 AM
How could we have gotten Hasselbeck anyway? Trade deadline had passed. BS rumor.
Posted via Mobile Device

at the END of the 2010 season.

Woodchuck
How could we have gotten Hasselbeck anyway? Trade deadline had passed. BS rumor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep

Fruit Ninja
i think he was talking before the season started, not when Cassel went down.

Molitoth
10-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Kevin Harlan doesn't just come out on the radio and leak made up stuff. He's too well respected and has a reputation to keep up.

I truly believe Haley got dicked by Pioli his entire time here. I liked Haley, and really think we could've had something if Pioli wasn't running the show behind the scenes.
Eventually Haley's story will unfold and it's going to be awesome yet sad to hear it.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Kevin Harlan doesn't just come out on the radio and leak made up stuff. He's too well respected and has a reputation to keep up.

I truly believe Haley got dicked by PioLLLLLi his entire time here. I liked Haley, and really think we could've had something if PioLLLLLi wasn't running the show behind the scenes.
Eventually Haley's story will unfold and it's going to be awesome yet sad to hear it.

I don't want to hear anymore about it, Fire Pissoli and move on. The bridge has been burned and it sucks.

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 07:53 AM
i think he was talking before the season started, not when CasseLLLLLLLLLLLLL went down.

Yes, when Hassellbeck was a FA before the season started Haley wanted to try to sign him. Probably as LEGIT competition for Cassell similar to what Seattle did this year.

Ace Gunner
10-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Yep

http://bornagainpagan.com/other/041-where-is-your-god-now.gif

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Yep

Nope.

Ace Gunner
10-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Nope.

poofLMAO

FAX
10-16-2012, 07:56 AM

I think a lot of guys read the situation incorrectly from afar. Of course, it was difficult to tell what the hell was going on ... so, there's that.

As a consistent Haley backer, my opinion is biased, to be sure. However, I think he was and will be again a good coach. Tough, but fair. He was exactly the kind of coach we needed at the time, but he just couldn't co-exist with Dr. Evil.

I'm sad he became a hated scapegoat in KC.

FAX

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Yes, when Hassellbeck was a FA before the season started Haley wanted to try to sign him. Probably as LEGIT competition for CasseLLLLLl similar to what Seattle did this year.

I see Seattle, they just signed Flynn to a huge deal and ADMITTED a mistake by starting their QB draft pick. WHY OH WHY DO WE HAVE PIOLI????? Carl was the same way but not quite this hard headed. We need GM that will admit his mistakes quickly, because they WILL make a mistake here and there. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ace Gunner
10-16-2012, 07:57 AM
I think a lot of guys read the situation incorrectly from afar. Of course, it was difficult to tell what the hell was going on ... so, there's that.

As a consistent Haley backer, my opinion is biased, to be sure. However, I think he was and will be again a good coach. Tough, but fair. He was exactly the kind of coach we needed at the time, but he just couldn't co-exist with Dr. Evil.

FAX

And how are you doing "coexisting" with Piholi? Heh

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 07:58 AM

FAX

The bolded part is NO LONGER TRUE.

FAX
10-16-2012, 07:59 AM

Chuck the wood, Mr. Woodchuck.

Orton wanted out of Denver and Tebowism, we know that for a fact. Also, how much did Orton want to stay in KC? Orton was no long-term threat to Cassel.

FAX

FAX
10-16-2012, 08:00 AM
He didn't have a choice.

That's my take. Actually, it's pretty obvious ... if you're not blinded by Haley-hate.

FAX

Easy 6
10-16-2012, 08:03 AM
It was the Don who sent orton scrambling for the exit, plain & simple.

He knew the score, matt was starting no matter what.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 08:05 AM
That's my take. Actually, it's pretty obvious ... if you're not blinded by Haley-hate.

FAX

I am no longer, I admit I was wrong based solely upon the Palko decision. I can actually see a scenario where Haley could have been great, oh well no point in waxing on about it.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 08:05 AM

This "radio dude" is part of the #1 TV tandem for CBS, does EVERY MNF game for Dial Global Radio, does NBA games on TBS/TNT and is one of the most respected men in professional sports.

He doesn't have anything backwards, you do.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 08:06 AM
This "radio dude" is part of the #1 TV tandem for CBS, does EVERY MNF game for Dial Global Radio, does NBA games on TBS/TNT and is one of the most respected men in professional sports.

He doesn't have anything backwards, you do.

Yeah that's obvious, Harlan even goes out of his way to not throw people under the bus when it's obvious to everyone else.

HemiEd
10-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Yep

Get a clue.

Is that you?

Claynus
10-16-2012, 08:08 AM
One of my favorite Harlan things ever was when he quoted Pro Football Focus stats during the San Diego game to rip CasseLLLLL.

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 08:08 AM
I admit that I have never heard of Harlan so I don't know about his reputation.

I don't care about Haley. He's gone and we weren't winning anything with him anyway. I am glad he was fired and I hope Pioli will be next.

Hasselback would have been nice. Maybe we can get him in 2013?

Clark's plan was a good one back then. He got the best GM prospect he could find and a young coach who he hoped would be here for the long haul. Unfortunately, it just didn't work out.

FAX
10-16-2012, 08:09 AM
The bolded part is NO LONGER TRUE.

I don't know, Mr. KILLER_CLOWN. A lot of people are still spitting out the Haley kool-aid. Many safeourchiefers on that tweeter deal despise him.

I can understand why people were frustrated with Palko, but Haley was left with no option. If the Hasselbeck deal is true (and there's no reason to believe it isn't), it makes it even worse. Haley's dad had zero faith in Cassel. Why would Haley feel any differently?

This whole thing boils down to Haley not buying into Pioli's decisions and the conflict started there. Haley broke. Pioli survived. We got the worst end of the stick in the end.

FAX

the Talking Can
10-16-2012, 08:12 AM
I admit that I have never heard of Harlan so I don't know about his reputation.

I don't care about Haley. He's gone and we weren't winning anything with him anyway. I am glad he was fired and I hope PioLLLLLi will be next.

Hasselback would have been nice. Maybe we can get him in 2013?

CLLLLLark's plan was a good one back then. He got the best GM prospect he could find and a young coach who he hoped would be here for the long haul. Unfortunately, it just didn't work out.

you've never heard of Harlan?

LMAO

Easy 6
10-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Never heard of Kevin Harlan?

LMAO

xztop12
10-16-2012, 08:14 AM
To the retrospective what if ship!

FAX
Hey ... when you're chucking wood, you don't have time for much else. Like thinking and stuff.

FAX

FAX
To the retrospective what if ship!

History can be informative, Mr. xztop12.

FAX

Simply Red
10-16-2012, 08:19 AM
we want the baow and we gonna score

BossChief
10-16-2012, 08:21 AM
I've said it over and over...I think Haley would have had this team winning playoff games with a good quarterback.

Instead, Pioli chose to fire him and push all of his chips in on Cassel...even if no other coach in the world would take the HC or OC job with Cassel here.

When you push all of your chips in and lose, you get up and walk away from the table...which is what Pioli needs to do right now.

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 08:22 AM
It looks like Pioli is will be on Petro's show tomorrow. I'm sure with a preapproved list of softball questions.

FAX
10-16-2012, 08:23 AM
It looks like PioLLLLLi is will be on Petro's show tomorrow. I'm sure with a preapproved list of softball questions.

Yeah ... that's not good news, either.

FAX

DaWolf
I think this season has proven that Pioli is the issue. Haley was an issue, after all he was a Pioli hire, but it is so obvious now that he was the only thing keeping us competitive. How we've slid to becoming the worst team in the league is disgusting...

Easy 6
When you push all of your chips in and lose, you get up and walk away from the table...which is what PioLLLLLi needs to do right now.

A damn fine analogy.

Ace Gunner
10-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I think this season has proven that PioLLLLLi is the issue. Haley was an issue, after all he was a PioLLLLLi hire, but it is so obvious now that he was the only thing keeping us competitive. How we've slid to becoming the worst team in the league is disgusting...

An issue? Are you one of the ppl here that claimed "the team quit on Haley" last season? Because, hey, it was a mirage cooked up by Haley and teams began exposing it because that is what happens to imposter teams in the NFL.

Coaching can get you going, yes. But if your players aren't actually as good as your coaching is, that'll be exposed at some point and it was during the playoff game and then the entire season following it and ever since.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 08:34 AM
It looks like PioLLLLLi is will be on Petro's show tomorrow. I'm sure with a preapproved list of softball questions.

Petro said yesterday that Pioli won't do an interview longer the 7 minutes.

That's time for 1, maybe 2, tough questions.

At this point, should Petro or anybody else in the KC media worry about burning that bridge? Petro himself has said that it's nearly impossible to get Pioli on.

Petro should take the 6 minutes to enumerate Pioli's failures and give him 60 seconds to respond or hang up.

BOOM!

FAX
10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
An issue? Are you one of the ppl here that claimed "the team quit on Haley" last season? Because, hey, it was a mirage cooked up by Haley and teams began exposing it because that is what happens to imposter teams in the NFL.

Coaching can get you going, yes. But if your players aren't actually as good as your coaching is, that'll be exposed at some point and it was during the playoff game and then the entire season following it and ever since.

Good point, Mr. Lou_Zare. But people seem to forget that we were an injury-plagued team last year. There were also the highly unusual circumstances surrounding the off-season ... no camp for the rookies at all.

One of the things I liked about Haley was that he took calculated risks. I know that's not going to sit well with everybody, but he went into the season thinking that the team would have to start slow and build momentum due to the lack of practice time ... and equally importantly, the lack of conditioning work. It wasn't a bad plan, but the injuries blew it up. Losing Jamaal was an offense killer.

People can color history with their favorite crayon, and that's fine. But, it's amazing to me how people can absolutely re-invent facts ... not interpret the same facts differently ... just completely ignore some and fabricate new ones.

It's kinda frustrating, to tell the truth.

FAX

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Petro said yesterday that PioLLLLLi won't do an interview longer the 7 minutes.

At this point, should Petro or anybody else in the KC media worry about burning that bridge? Petro himself has said that it's nearly impossible to get PioLLLLLi on.

Petro should take the 6 minutes to enumerate PioLLLLLi's failures and give him 60 seconds to respond or hang up.

BOOM!

He won't because Petro is a pussy unless talking to Gottlieb.

DaWolf
10-16-2012, 08:42 AM

I don't think Haley was a "leader of men" and many of his tactics left a lot to be desired. You could probably mask a lot of that with a good QB, but I don't think players were excited to play for him or come here in free agency if they had options.

That said, he was a far better coach than we have now, because he at least was able to focus on the team once he actually hired an OC, and was able to scare guys into being afraid of fumbling and throwing picks, which is what you are left with when your team ain't that good...

Dave Lane
10-16-2012, 08:45 AM

No I'm convinced Pioli was out to fire Haley no matter what because he took "risks". These are not to be allowed with the Kansas City Chiefs.

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 08:45 AM
He won't because Petro is a pussy unless talking to Gottlieb.

Or Joel Goldberg LMAO

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Or Joel Goldberg LMAO

Actually, Petro can be pretty demanding of all of his guests.

The problem is that the ownership of the company is just down the hall, so when they get a Pioli on, I'm guessing he's told to tone it down.

Particularly since they currently have a lucrative financial agreement with the Chiefs.

BoneKrusher
10-16-2012, 08:50 AM
No I'm convinced PioLLLLLi was out to fire Haley no matter what because he took "risks". These re not to be allowed with the Kansas City Chiefs.
agreed
Pioli's version of the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs are the post Pathetic Chiefs team in years.

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Actually, Petro can be pretty demanding of all of his guests.

The problem is that the ownership of the company is just down the hall, so when they get a PioLLLLLi on, I'm guessing he's told to tone it down.

Particularly since they currently have a lucrative financial agreement with the Chiefs.

Actually Keitzman took Pioli to task in his last interview. I'm surpised he is going back on with them.

Chiefnj2
10-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Petro said yesterday that PioLLLLLi won't do an interview longer the 7 minutes.

At this point, should Petro or anybody else in the KC media worry about burning that bridge? Petro himself has said that it's nearly impossible to get PioLLLLLi on.

Petro should take the 6 minutes to enumerate PioLLLLLi's failures and give him 60 seconds to respond or hang up.

BOOM!

They need to set it up like a game show. A question and then 50 seconds for an answer before the buzzer goes off.

1. Last year in the final 3 games the team played hard for Romeo. This year they've been blown out in all but one game. Why do you think that is?

2. The Rams had the #2 draft pick up for grabs in the draft. The Redskins moved up for Griffin and he is doing great. You chose to stick with a bunch of schlubs. Why? Do you regret not paying the price to move up?

3. Why can't KC draft a QB early and develop him?

4. 5 first rounders in the defensive front 7 yet they can't stop the run or consistently pressure the QB. Scheme, blown talent evaluation or both?

5. If the Chiefs finish with 4 or less wins this season would you consider voluntarily stepping down?

6. It's a passing league and the team seems intent on forcing the run, even against a poorly rated Tampa secondary. Why?

7. Did you happen to see or hear of the banner that flew over Arrowhead the last home game?

FAX
10-16-2012, 08:54 AM
No I'm convinced PioLLLLLi was out to fire Haley no matter what because he took "risks". These re not to be allowed with the Kansas City Chiefs.

And the fact that they disagreed on players. This isn't the first time we've heard that Haley wanted X and Pioli went with Y.

I think Babb is right. I think Pioli wants or needs robots working for him ... not men working with him. If there's one thing Haley is not, it's a robot.

It was stupid for Pioli to hire him in the first place ... not that Haley is a bad coach (in my view, at least), but Pioli should have known that it couldn't have worked.

FAX

aturnis
10-16-2012, 08:57 AM

It's become clear Palko started in an attempt to debunk PioLLLLLi's theory that Matt CasseLLLLL is an NFL QB. PioLLLLLi cites CasseLLLLL has won games in the NFL, Haley says with a good enough team around them, any QB can win an NFL game. Note Haley's psychotic celebration with Palko after the Bears game...

Haley was trying to rid KC of Matt CasseLLLLL. Why do you think he was fired? He proved Pioli wrong.

Ace Gunner
10-16-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't think Haley was a "leader of men" and many of his tactics left a lot to be desired. You could probably mask a lot of that with a good QB, but I don't think players were excited to play for him or come here in free agency if they had options.

That said, he was a far better coach than we have now, because he at least was able to focus on the team once he actually hired an OC, and was able to scare guys into being afraid of fumbling and throwing picks, which is what you are left with when your team ain't that good...

Fiction.

This team was crap. Haley kicked a lot of the crap to the curb(2009). Then he got this team a title(2010). Then they were exposed for the soft stupid gameless players they really are(Playoff). Then Haley got blamed for it(2011). Then Haley got fired. No shit.

When this team hit the turf game one 2011 against the Bills, they got clobbered from the get go.

Who got clobbered? The same team that went to the playoffs the season before and got clobbered. With one exception -- Moeaki.

Then came the injuries.

A lot of fans like to lump last season into the injuries, but the truth is, this team got clobbered from play one last season. They were the same sheep that took the field just months before when Ray Ray & co cut them down to size.

They began to regroup under Haley, but as we can see, that just isn't the MO of this team.

It's players, not coaches. It's football time, not Rolls Royce time.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=981

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Actually Keitzman took PioLLLLLi to task in his last interview. I'm surpised he is going back on with them.

Keitzman's last interview was almost exclusively "when are you going to draft a QB" over and over and over again.

I imagine Pioli won't do anymore interviews with Kevin anytime soon but it wasn't really "hard hitting".

He stopped short of coming out and saying "Cassel sucks and you were wrong".

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Haley was trying to rid KC of Matt CasseLLLLLLLLL. Why do you think he was fired? He proved PioLLLLLi wrong.

THIS!!!

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Keitzman's last interview was almost exclusively "when are you going to draft a QB" over and over and over again.

I imagine PioLLLLLi won't do anymore interviews with Kevin anytime soon but it wasn't really "hard hitting".

He stopped short of coming out and saying "CasseLLLLL sucks and you were wrong".

That's was the key point at the time, but the whole "I wish you were the Broncos GM exchange" wasn't something I would expect from future interviews.

Chocolate Hog
10-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Wow this mother ****er went out of his way to **** this team over so his **** toy CasseLLLLL wouldn't have competition? We are literally witnessing the most expensive circle jerk folks.

Detoxing
10-16-2012, 09:40 AM

It makes perfect sense. Pioli didn't jump on Orton until Cassel was lost for the season. If Cassel never got hurt, Orton never would've been a chief.

He doesn't want a veteran back up. He wants someone who is NOT going to challenge Cassel for the starting job.

theelusiveeightrop
10-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Anymore QB's named Tyler we can pursue?

boogblaster
10-16-2012, 10:02 AM
letting Orton walk was criminal .....

threebag02
10-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Does Pioli drink? Rhetorical question?

Russian Milk

threebag02
10-16-2012, 10:04 AM
letting Orton walk was criminal .....

exactly

FAX
10-16-2012, 10:05 AM
What makes you guys think Orton wanted to be here?

It seemed to me that Orton viewed KC as a way station between Denver and somewhere else.

FAX

CoMoChief
10-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Did you even see Stanzi play pre season? Ricki Retardo was awful and that was a year after you think he should have started. So, no -- you have no idea what the hell you are speaking.

Because we didn't have Kyle Orton or anything....

ROYC75
10-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Good bye Scott, we will not miss you.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Still doesn't excuse the loads of dumb shit Haley did on gameday. Can't believe people can overlook this.

FAX
10-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Still doesn't excuse the loads of dumb shit Haley did on gameday. Can't believe people can overlook this.

What specific things do you mean, Mr. PGM? Going for it on 4th down? What?

FAX

jallmon
10-16-2012, 10:27 AM
I may be in the minority, but I still think Haley would have been a good coach had he not been sabotaged by Pioli.

He sure built a fire under some of those buttholes.

On another point, listening to coach shows and hearing quotes on Sirius NFL, all of the coaches talk about "we need to do better on defense," Romeo always seems to say "they need to do..." He seems to have a wall between him and his players. May be reading too much into it, but the radio is all I have to go by living in Pixboigh, PA. (Thank the Lord!)

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 11:24 AM

I absolutely agree. He wanted to dump cASShoLLLLLe; Dick Haley told his son in 2009 'you won't win with that guy.'

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
This doesn't make sense in my opinion. Pioli was quick to jump on Orton when he got cut. Seems like he wanted a veteran back up all along.

Haley put Orton in during the Chicago game, and Orton dislocated his finger on his first pass.

The Chiefs won that game, btw - Todd Haley went into Soldier Field and won with Tyler Palko at QB. Without Charles, Moeaki, and Berry...and WITH Tyler Palko.

BossChief
10-16-2012, 11:29 AM
No I'm convinced Pioli was out to fire Haley no matter what because he took "risks". These are not to be allowed with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Pioli undermined Haley because Haley wanted Cassel out.

BossChief
10-16-2012, 11:33 AM

When you are desperate to score points because you need to hide your quarterback, you do some outside the box/desperate things.

Lets say you are in the desert and havent had water for a day and its been 110 degrees...you might be tempted to drink your own pee to stay alive...something you would NEVER think about doing if you are in a city that has water fountains.

Does that mean you are stupid for drinking pee?

Cassel is that desert and going for a fake punt with Brodie Croyle is drinking your own pee.

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Haley put Orton in during the Chicago game, and Orton dislocated his finger on his first pass.

The Chiefs won that game, btw - Todd Haley went into Soldier Field and won with Tyler Palko at QB. Without Charles, Moeaki, and Berry...and WITH Tyler Palko.

I'm just glad he's gone. He was a bad HC and none of this really matters. Any coach who did what he did last year would have gotten fired before the end of the year. He really bombed big time.

DJ's left nut
10-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Petro said yesterday that Pioli won't do an interview longer the 7 minutes.

At this point, should Petro or anybody else in the KC media worry about burning that bridge? Petro himself has said that it's nearly impossible to get Pioli on.

Petro should take the 6 minutes to enumerate Pioli's failures and give him 60 seconds to respond or hang up.

BOOM!

There's only one real question worth asking:

"What have you done during your time in Kansas City that would convince Clark Hunt that you should be entrusted with hiring a 3rd coach in 5 years and drafting the franchise's first first-round quarterback in 3 decades."

The follow up being "how have you shown that you are the man for the rebuild on the horizon as guys like Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson exit their primes and Dwayne Bowe runs screaming from this organization?"

It's not like he gives anyone shit for access anyway - who really gives a damn if its the last interview you get with him?

Ultra Peanut
10-16-2012, 11:42 AM
=\

Woodchuck
10-16-2012, 11:48 AM
There is no good question to ask him because he won't answer anything. What we need is for one of these guys to put his career on the line and try and humiliate him. That would get more publicity than anything. It really isn't going to matter how good the question is. Pioli is slick and will answer without answering.

ChiefsandO'sfan
10-16-2012, 11:55 AM

Been saying this from day 1 Palko was on Pioli not Haley

Claynus
10-16-2012, 11:56 AM
"What have you done during your time in Kansas City that would convince Clark Hunt that you should be entrusted with hiring a 3rd coach in 5 years and drafting the franchise's first first-round quarterback in 3 decades."

"I drafted Tom Brady, I know what to look for. I signed Kyle Orton, who played well for us. Unfortunately my hands were tied on money issues, so we couldn't re-sign him."

Claynus
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Been saying this from day 1 Palko was on Pioli not Haley

Scott has made it abundantly clear that he does not care about the backup quarterback position.

After 2001 it wasn't important in New England, so why should it be important here?

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm just glad he's gone. He was a bad HC and none of this really matters. Any coach who did what he did last year would have gotten fired before the end of the year. He really bombed big time.

He had no other recourse.

Easy 6
10-16-2012, 12:04 PM
"I drafted Tom Brady, I know what to look for. I signed Kyle Orton, who played well for us. Unfortunately my hands were tied on money issues, so we couldn't re-sign him."

Yep, you can already hear it.

DJ's left nut
10-16-2012, 12:16 PM

You also traded for and gave $63 million to Matt Cassel, indicating you don't know what to look for. Moreoever, I asked you what you did during your time in Kansas City to justify your continued employment.

I guess you're going to cite Kyle Orton and claim cap constraints, but you have expressly stated that Clark Hunt did not restrict your payroll this offseason. How do you reconcile this claim with your earlier statements?

durtyrute
10-16-2012, 12:34 PM

I'm right there with you. I've had Haley's back this whole time. I was/am pissed that we let him go.

Holladay
10-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Glad they didn't. I would never had kept their names straight. Mark Casselbeck, Matt Hassel../

FAX
10-16-2012, 01:39 PM
You also traded for and gave $63 million to Matt Cassel, indicating you don't know what to look for. Moreoever, I asked you what you did during your time in Kansas City to justify your continued employment.

I guess you're going to cite Kyle Orton and claim cap constraints, but you have expressly stated that Clark Hunt did not restrict your payroll this offseason. How do you reconcile this claim with your earlier statements?

Hmmm ... too long. How about, "You're an ugly motherfucker, aren't you?"

FAX

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 01:50 PM

Even if he wasn't the right pick, his hiring was the right philosophy. Hire someone ascending who's accomplished something, rather than the same old retreads.

I kind of liked Todd. He seemed like one of the guys. I could imagine him posting inappropriate things on Chiefsplanet, and getting rep for it.

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh, and in my thread about starting QB's for next year, I proposed Hasselbeck as a great two-year option to train our new #1 pick. Maybe Pioli would veto that, but I still think he'd be a good choice. And he would've been good to have last year, too.

CoMoChief
10-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Haley was hired because he was a 1st time head coach and would be a yes man for Pioli

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Haley was hired because he was a 1st time head coach and would be a yes man for Pioli

I can't believe that anyone that knew anything about him thought he would be a yes man.

Papi
10-16-2012, 02:07 PM
I know everyone's looking for more reasons to hate PioLLLLLi but this is irrelevant. Those that care about this are blinded by their hatred for him. Hasselbeck isn't the answer for anyone. Seriously? You guys want Hasselbeck? And don't say "better than Castle" because he's not. Too old. Too not good.

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 02:10 PM
I know everyone's looking for more reasons to hate PioLLLLLi but this is irrelevant. Those that care about this are blinded by their hatred for him. Hasselbeck isn't the answer for anyone. Seriously? You guys want Hasselbeck? And don't say "better than Castle" because he's not. Too old. Too not good.

No, it's anything but irrelevant. It just goes back to Pioli killing the team by trying to prop up Cassell. Of course Hasselbeck isn't a long term answer, but if you want "competition" or a respectable backup why not bring him in?

Pestilence
10-16-2012, 02:11 PM

Hasselbeck is better than Cassel.

Papi
10-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Hasselbeck is better than Cassel.

Not anymore.

BigCatDaddy
10-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Not anymore.

Yes, he is. He can still read defenses and knows where to go with the ball even though the arm strength may be down a bit. That's more then Cassel can do and Hasselbeck probably still has a stronger arm at his age.

Pestilence
10-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Not anymore.

The fuck he isn't. Did you see Hasselbeck against the Steelers last week? Do you really think that Cassel could have done that? I don't think so.

gretnanefan
10-16-2012, 02:26 PM
haley's beard last year? everything else we have heard about pioli? we could of had hasslebeck? wow! **** me to tears!

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-16-2012, 02:35 PM
haley's beard last year? everything else we have heard about pioli? we could of had hasslebeck? wow! **** me to tears!

He looked like a bum. Steelers aren't letting him get by with that crap.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 02:48 PM
He looked like a bum. Steelers aren't letting him get by with that crap.

He doesn't feel the need to do it in Pittsburgh.

Probably because they're more worried about making sure the on-field product is somewhat decent...

Sorter
10-16-2012, 02:59 PM
It is interesting to think how Hasselbeck would have performed with this team. Similar to Orton however the adjustment period from going from a WCO his whole career to our Erdhart/Perkins system could have been difficult.

Overall, Hasselbeck would have been a significant upgrade over Cassel, IMO and probably had the potential to be better than Orton once he understood our system.

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd take Hasselbeck over Cassel in a heartbeat.

In fact, I'd take Hasselbeck chained to a concrete block over Cassel in a heartbeat.

If it was Hasselbeck chained to a concrete block and with a patch over one eye, I might ... no, I'd still take Hasselbeck.

mdchiefsfan
10-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Does it seem strange to anyone else that all this crap about Pioli is just now coming to the surface? I don't get how all this info was held back until now.

BigMeatballDave
10-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Not anymore.

What are you smoking?

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Does it seem strange to anyone else that all this crap about Pioli is just now coming to the surface? I don't get how all this info was held back until now.

Oh, stuff like this has been leaked off and on for a couple of years now. This really isn't new.

Papi
10-16-2012, 05:07 PM
What are you smoking?

Okay let me clarify. Would Hasselbeck have made some plays Cassel would not have? Yes. Would it have made a difference? Absolutely not. His days of taking teams to the playoffs as a starter are over. Jake Locker got the starting job over him! What more needs to be said? You all are grasping at straws. I want Pioli gone too but that doesn't mean I'm going to start sipping the crazy koolaid and say this was an egregious mistake Eggoli made.

Bump
10-16-2012, 05:23 PM
perhaps Haley wasn't such a bad coach after all? And it's Pioli sabotaging this team. What does he gain from this though?

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 05:26 PM

I think you have to have a fired coach or two running around. Haley, Weis, Gailey...I think there's critical mass building now.

I do find it a little odd that these things were never breathed in New England, but then again any critics were probably blinded by the glare of Super Bowl rings and Lombardi trophies.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Good. And fuck you to all the people who criticized Haley because he was starting Palko because he was his love child. Completely stupid then, even more stupid today.

FAX
perhaps Haley wasn't such a bad coach after all? And it's Pioli sabotaging this team. What does he gain from this though?

We know in our brain parts that there is good and bad in everybody, Mr. Bump. It's not a black and white world, but many, diverse shades of gray. Planeteers, however, tend to avoid the gray and go for either the vagina part or the anus part. One or the other.

Therefore, if it appears that Haley is mainly bad, he sucks anus. However, if he is mainly good, he gets to kick vagina.

At least, that's how I understand it.

FAX

chiefzilla1501

Pioli isn't sabotaging the team because he wants to see the team fail. He's doing it because he's too egotistical to believe that maybe he's wrong.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Pioli isn't sabotaging the team because he wants to see the team fail. He's doing it because he's too egotistical to believe that maybe he's wrong.

This.

Bump
10-16-2012, 05:43 PM

hmmmm

I think it could possibly be deeper that that. How could a man like that be in such a position? An NFL GM is a pretty hard job to get. It is too strange that if coaches and millions of fans are calling for Cassel's benching for years and Pioli's ego is the only thing in the way? It doesn't really add up. If that's the case, Clark Hunt should have balled up and fired him on the spot. I think it goes deeper than that.

Pestilence
10-16-2012, 05:45 PM
hmmmm

I think it could possibly be deeper that that. How could a man like that be in such a position? An NFL GM is a pretty hard job to get. It is too strange that if coaches and millions of fans are calling for Cassel's benching for years and Pioli's ego is the only thing in the way? It doesn't really add up. If that's the case, Clark Hunt should have balled up and fired him on the spot. I think it goes deeper than that.

He's out to prove that it was him that engineered those Patriot wins....not Bill.

MotherfuckerJones
10-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Like listening to Kevin Harlan. Love his stories. So insightful. Listened to him a week ago about Gannon and what happened and how Carl low balled him so Gruden snatched him up

MotherfuckerJones
10-16-2012, 05:51 PM

I imagine Pioli won't do anymore interviews with Kevin anytime soon but it wasn't really "hard hitting".

He stopped short of coming out and saying "Cassel sucks and you were wrong".

That was an awesome interview!! And he got Pioli when Pioli said go be GM of Broncos and he said I WILL! You know why? Because they got Peyton Manning AND drafted their QB of the future

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 05:56 PM
He's out to prove that it was him that engineered those Patriot wins....not Bill.

I'm not sure it's working.

Dave Lane
10-16-2012, 06:36 PM

Hey Scott. You see the banner?

Dave Lane
10-16-2012, 06:40 PM

How is it you are consistently wrong on every subject? Are you an idiot's idiot savant?

seamonster
10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
yea. both pioli and haley are equally worthless but the blame for the palko debacle falls entirely on haley. palko was just a hometown pittsburg douchebag that haley forced onto the cardinals and the chiefs. orton may have temporarily disabled an index finger but haley was the one that decided to open a space on the chiefs 54 man roster for a player that had been cut by arena teams.

And I can also see how there's truth to this, which would further explain haley's motive, opportunity, and means in fuking the chiefs fanbase with palko. He wanted hasselback and when he couldn't get what he wanted haley crapped all over the chiefs organization like a petulant child.

FAX
10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
I think he's chucked a little too much wood, to be honest.

FAX

FAX
10-16-2012, 06:44 PM
yea. both pioli and haley are equally worthless but the blame for the palko debacle falls entirely on haley. palko was just a hometown pittsburg douchebag that haley forced onto the cardinals and the chiefs. orton may have temporarily disabled an index finger but haley was the one that decided to open a space on the chiefs 54 man roster for a player that had been cut by arena teams.

And I can also see how there's truth to this, which would further explain haley's motive, opportunity, and means in fuking the chiefs fanbase with palko. He wanted hasselback and when he couldn't get what he wanted haley crapped all over the chiefs organization like a petulant child.

Interesting analysis, Mr. seamonster. But I think you may be missing a flipper.

FAX

petegz28
10-16-2012, 06:46 PM

Exactly. He thinks he has to be the end-all to everything and makes stupid decisions then has the lack of professionalism to admit when he was wrong.

Look it, we all make mistakes. It's admitting that you have done so and making an effort to correct it that separates the good's from the bad's.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 06:51 PM

Wow. Seriously? What was Haley going to do, cut a QB a personal check to sign the guy on the roster?

Haley wanted Hasselbeck. Weis wanted Clausen. Romeo wanted Orton. NONE of these guys got their guy.

But you still think Palko was on the roster out of loyalty. bullshit. Palko was on the roster because our GM didn't want any competition. Period.

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Wow. Seriously? What was Haley going to do, cut a QB a personal check to sign the guy on the roster?

Haley wanted Hasselbeck. Weis wanted Clausen. Romeo wanted Orton. NONE of these guys got their guy.

But you still think Palko was on the roster out of loyalty. bullshit. Palko was on the roster because our GM didn't want any competition. Period.

Weis wanted Clausen? I hadn't heard about that. I also hadn't heard about Romeo wanting Orton. And I only read today about Haley wanting Hasselbeck.

Am I out of touch?

MotherfuckerJones
10-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Scott has made it abundantly clear that he does not care about the backup quarterback position.

After 2001 it wasn't important in New England, so why should it be important here?

It was important in 08 when Brady went down :harumph:

FAX
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Weis wanted Clausen? I hadn't heard about that. I also hadn't heard about Romeo wanting Orton. And I only read today about Haley wanting Hasselbeck.

Am I out of touch?

I hadn't heard that, either. Maybe he means Weis wanted Cuisant ... the jelly kind.

FAX

Claynus
10-16-2012, 07:03 PM
It was important in 08 when Brady went down :harumph:

No, it wasn't.

It was sheer luck that Cassel was worth half a shit and studied his flash cards hard enough that he could hit eleventy passes to Wes Welker, check it down to Kevin Faulk while hitting Moss deep 1/10 times.

Any Asshole could have done what Casshole did that year.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2012, 07:08 PM

Am I out of touch?

Weis put in glowing recommendations for Clausen and backed out of orchestrating his pro day because it was a conflict of interest. Couple that with the rumor from a credible insider that he didn/t like Cassel. Where there's smoke there's fire. I think it was pretty obvious he wanted Clausen.

Romeo said multiple times in the offseason he wanted competition at QB. He always spoke very highly of Orton. It's not hard to connect the dots here.

Romeo Crennel then designed an offense a few games ago where they took the QB completely out of the game. What does that say about his confidence in the QB?

Haley wanted Hasselbeck, as claimed by Kevin Harlan, a credible source.

Haley's dad didn't want Cassel.

Add in that Babb said directly that Pioli micromanaged roster decisions.

It's pretty clear Pioli has dictated the choice at QB against the will of his head coaches.

htismaqe
10-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Weis put in glowing recommendations for Clausen and backed out of orchestrating his pro day because it was a conflict of interest. Couple that with the rumor from a credible insider that he didn/t like Cassel. Where there's smoke there's fire. I think it was pretty obvious he wanted Clausen.

Romeo said multiple times in the offseason he wanted competition at QB. He always spoke very highly of Orton. It's not hard to connect the dots here.

Romeo Crennel then designed an offense a few games ago where they took the QB completely out of the game. What does that say about his confidence in the QB?

Haley wanted Hasselbeck, as claimed by Kevin Harlan, a credible source.

Haley's dad didn't want Cassel.

Add in that Babb said directly that Pioli micromanaged roster decisions.

It's pretty clear Pioli has dictated the choice at QB against the will of his head coaches.

Weis and Crennel came here KNOWING what was wanted of them. I don't feel sorry for either of those lackey mother fuckers.

Easy 6
10-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Or so the Don thought.

rabblerouser
10-16-2012, 11:59 PM

Steve Breaston took a pay cut to be reunited with Haley in KC "for the good of his career." He knew Haley could 'be a butthole' is what he said on the radio...but I think he also wants to be great.

I also suspect he may have got mighty pissed for a min when there was talk of Haley going back to ARZ this offseason...

Well, Breaston is probably really pissed, anyway.

AussieChiefsFan
10-17-2012, 12:02 AM
:banghead:ahhh

rabblerouser
10-17-2012, 12:03 AM

Dude, you really don't make much sense.

rabblerouser
10-17-2012, 12:19 AM
It is interesting to think how Hasselbeck would have performed with this team. Similar to Orton however the adjustment period from going from a WCO his whole career to our Erdhart/Perkins system could have been difficult.

Overall, Hasselbeck would have been a significant upgrade over CasseLLLL, IMO and probably had the potential to be better than Orton once he understood our system.

Um, Orton's OC in Chicago was Ron Turner, Norv's brother, and they are Coryell disciples by way of Ernie Zampese.

He's been in the Perkins-Erhardt since he went to Denver, as that's what both McDaniels and Fox run. I would assume Garret's offense is P-E as well, as that's what he's coached all his career with Chan Gailey/Dave Campo and Parcells/Sean Payton/Haley/etc. even though in his playing days, Nkrv was his OC.

Anyway, Hasselbeck's a pro that would've allowed the team to operate until we got a young QB together (alá Chris Chandler/Steve McNair or Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers l...though Favre/Rodgers is a bit different situation.)

FUCK SCOTT P-HOLEY!!!

Rausch
10-17-2012, 01:11 AM
Well, Breaston is probably really pissed, anyway.

He and Bowe will both be gone.

Bowe will go to the highest payer and Breaston will just get released the second he mentions a holdout...

Saccopoo
10-17-2012, 01:23 AM
I am no longer, I admit I was wrong based solely upon the Palko decision. I can actually see a scenario where Haley could have been great, oh well no point in waxing on about it.

Oh no, please wax on it some more.

I want to hear from all the Haley haters as to why he got this shit bag team to 10 wins and the play offs and now we are sitting at 1-5 with an even better roster.

Like the guy had a choice with Palko. That's the only choice he had at that point. Because the GM deemed it so.

It's nice to see that no one around here will munch on crow because they bought into the Pioli brilliance and couldn't see anything else other than the light at the end of all things brought about by the Patriot Way.

Fuck Haley. He was a psycho.

Though he got DJ and Bowe to show up finally and got the Chiefs to the playoffs...

Fucking Pioli ballwashers.

Rausch
10-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Oh no, please wax on it some more.

I want to hear from all the Haley haters as to why he got this shit bag team to 10 wins and the play offs and now we are sitting at 1-5 with an even better roster.

Romeo and Weis...

MotherfuckerJones
10-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Haley said he could win 2 games with 22 players off the street and won 4.

Saccopoo
10-17-2012, 01:40 AM
hmmmm

I think it could possibly be deeper that that. How could a man like that be in such a position? An NFL GM is a pretty hard job to get. It is too strange that if coaches and millions of fans are calling for CasseLLLL's benching for years and PioLLLLLi's ego is the only thing in the way? It doesn't really add up. If that's the case, CLLLLLark Hunt should have balled up and fired him on the spot. I think it goes deeper than that.

It's not deeper.

It's complete nepotism and a desire to win based on previous success of a winning regime.

How many guys off that Tampa Bay Super Bowl win got jobs?

A shit ton.

How many have proven to suck?

A shit ton.

How many guys from New England are still getting jobs even though they continue to prove to suck big time?

A shit ton.

Even though the money is huge, most football franchises are small businesses. There really isn't a lot of employees directly related to each franchise. Owners are usually mega-rich hobbyists that don't have a fucking clue about the game or running a team. They just hire the sub-guys from a recently winning system and hope to recreate that system in their own franchise.

Thus we end up with Herm and Romeo. And Daboll. And Cassel. And, to the biggest FAIL degree, Pioli.

Fucking frauds, one and all.

Clark needs to pull his head out of his entitled ass and set up a brain trust to pick a new regime based on innovation and desire and determination. The fucking NFL tree, as it stands, needs to be chopped the fuck down.

Purge this fucking franchise from top to bottom.

New blood. New ideas.

It's the 21st Century. Let's bring this 1960's franchise into the modern era - finally.

BossChief
10-17-2012, 01:45 AM
A whole team of Peter Principles

Rausch
10-17-2012, 01:53 AM
How many guys from New England are still getting jobs even though they continue to prove to suck big time?

A shit ton.

The reason teams like the Steelers and Pats can do that is they have the coaches to elevate the play of a marginal players to achieve as well as being surrounded by exemplary players.

Even if it isn't true.

They have AN ESTABLISHED HISTORY OF EXCELLENCE.

BossChief
10-17-2012, 01:57 AM
The reason teams like the Steelers and Pats can do that is they have the coaches to elevate the play of a marginal players to achieve as well as being surrounded by exemplary players.

Even if it isn't true.

They have AN ESTABLISHED HISTORY OF EXCELLENCE.

Tom and Ben

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Tom and Ben

The Pats have made it to a Superbowl in the past three decades.

Pittsburgh has won with guys like O'Donnell, Stewart, Maddox, and more.

It's not just the QBs man. Not by a longshot.

rabblerouser
10-17-2012, 07:40 AM
The Pats have made it to a Superbowl in the past three decades.

Pittsburgh has won with guys like O'Donnell, Stewart, Maddox, and more.

It's not just the QBs man. Not by a longshot.

Hey Woodchuck, it's Super Bowl or bust 'round here.

NE has never WON a SB w/o Brady...Pitt has never WON a SB w/o Bradshaw or Big Ben.

At the end of the day, it's ALWAYS about the QB.

htismaqe
10-17-2012, 09:16 AM
It's not deeper.

It's complete nepotism and a desire to win based on previous success of a winning regime.

How many guys off that Tampa Bay Super Bowl win got jobs?

A shit ton.

How many have proven to suck?

A shit ton.

A shit ton.

Even though the money is huge, most football franchises are small businesses. There really isn't a lot of employees directly related to each franchise. Owners are usually mega-rich hobbyists that don't have a ****ing clue about the game or running a team. They just hire the sub-guys from a recently winning system and hope to recreate that system in their own franchise.

Thus we end up with Herm and Romeo. And Daboll. And Cassel. And, to the biggest FAIL degree, Pioli.

****ing frauds, one and all.

Clark needs to pull his head out of his entitled ass and set up a brain trust to pick a new regime based on innovation and desire and determination. The ****ing NFL tree, as it stands, needs to be chopped the **** down.

Purge this ****ing franchise from top to bottom.

New blood. New ideas.

It's the 21st Century. Let's bring this 1960's franchise into the modern era - finally.

A-fucking-men!

FRCDFED
10-17-2012, 09:16 AM

FAX
Ditto! Well put. Haley maximized the effort we got from each player. He had no choice but to play Palko. I too see a lot of fire and desire to win in Haley. He was the type of coach we needed then and he is the type of coach we need now!

Sorter
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Um, Orton's OC in Chicago was Ron Turner, Norv's brother, and they are Coryell disciples by way of Ernie Zampese.

He's been in the Perkins-Erhardt since he went to Denver, as that's what both McDaniels and Fox run. I would assume Garret's offense is P-E as well, as that's what he's coached all his career with Chan Gailey/Dave Campo and Parcells/Sean Payton/Haley/etc. even though in his playing days, Nkrv was his OC.

Anyway, Hasselbeck's a pro that would've allowed the team to operate until we got a young QB together (alá Chris Chandler/Steve McNair or Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers l...though Favre/Rodgers is a bit different situation.)

**** SCOTT P-HOLEY!!!

I was referring to Hasselbeck.