PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Donks rule

tooge
10-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Ok, I said it. There. You donks are the elite of the AFC west and one of the better teams in the AFC I think. Manning is back, and as good as ever. We (KC) suck balls as bad as ever and we are in total disarray. This is a total football nightmare for all of us KC fans. Whew. There, I said it. Now, enjoy your year or two. It'll be a fun ride for you. Then the nightmare will be over. I'll always cheer the chiefs and hate the donks, but this year, I'm checked out because it's sooo bad. Ok, that is all.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Did you really need to post this? I'm all for giving credit where it's due, but NEVER and I mean NEVER to the cheatin' donx.

Sofa King
10-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Don't let your hatred of the Chiefs cloud your vision of the Broncos. They still lose to good teams.

ChiefsNow
10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Chiefs will put Manning in the hospital. Count on it.

tooge
10-16-2012, 08:35 AM
No, I've just accepted that they are good and we suck. It makes following the chiefs much easier if I'm living in reality. I still hate them as I stated

tooge
10-16-2012, 08:37 AM
not to mention, what do donk fans say when you admit they rule and we suck? Nothing really to say. Maybe they just take their ball and go home.

Flachief58
10-16-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm not ready to crown dey ass just yet.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2012, 09:00 AM
not to mention, what do donk fans say when you admit they rule and we suck? Nothing really to say. Maybe they just take their ball and go home.

Broncos have ruled the 4th quarter all season, but that's about it really. I don't know what happens in the first 2 quarters, but whatever the pregame ritual is... it needs to be replaced with what happens in the locker room at halftime.

This team is driving me mad - they look like a junior varsity team more often than not to start games, but then something great happens after tucking their tails and heading into the locker room at halftime.

Manning does look really good... the offense is improving, but it's all defense... sure, the offense has made mistakes with turnovers and losing fumbles, but they've been high powered enough to make up for their own mistakes.

The defense (and special teams last night) has been where the issues have hurt them the most. Penalties, big 3rd down conversions, can't stop the run when it matters. Last night, that 2nd half was what they need to be more often than not. I don't know what needs to be done to improve their overall play, but they're far from really 'ruling" anything at this point.

3-3 at the bye though is a very nice position...

tooge
10-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Broncos have ruled the 4th quarter all season, but that's about it really. I don't know what happens in the first 2 quarters, but whatever the pregame ritual is... it needs to be replaced with what happens in the locker room at halftime.

This team is driving me mad - they look like a junior varsity team more often than not to start games, but then something great happens after tucking their tails and heading into the locker room at halftime.

Manning does look really good... the offense is improving, but it's all defense... sure, the offense has made mistakes with turnovers and losing fumbles, but they've been high powered enough to make up for their own mistakes.

The defense (and special teams last night) has been where the issues have hurt them the most. Penalties, big 3rd down conversions, can't stop the run when it matters. Last night, that 2nd half was what they need to be more often than not. I don't know what needs to be done to improve their overall play, but they're far from really 'ruling" anything at this point.

yep, it's good to be you guys

Count Alex's Wins
10-16-2012, 09:18 AM
He's heating up.

http://i.imgur.com/J6dRn.jpg

MagicHef
10-16-2012, 09:27 AM

Mays not playing is what needed to be done, and it was. At least, that's probably as much as we can fix this season.

I agree that if they play like the second half last night (0 points allowed, 5 turnovers, 14 defensive points scored), we will win most games.

Kaylore
10-16-2012, 09:29 AM
O' Doyle rules!

Kaylore
10-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Don't let your hatred of the Chiefs cloud your vision of the Broncos. They still lose to good teams.

There are only two teams in the entire AFC who have winning records, and one of them lost at home last week.

The Broncos might be flawed, but we're flawed in a pretty flawed-looking conference. I like our chances.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2012, 09:42 AM
I think it's more than Mays, but it's good to see the younger guys stepping up last night. Only problem is, I don't know if we can expect many teams to go full blown meltdown mode like SD did last night.

Something just clicks differently in the second half... I was so frustrated at halftime and really wanted to turn the damn game off, but I couldn't do it. They are 2-1 at home and 1-2 on the road... fairly standard of a 'good' team, but they need to be better than good if expectations are to be anything more than a divisional champ.

Remaining Home Games: (need to win 4 of these)
Saints - W?
Chargers - W
Bucs - ?
Browns - W
Chiefs - W

Remaining Road Games: (need to win 3 of these)
Bengals - ?
Panthers - W
Chiefs - W
Raiders - W
Ravens - ?

10 wins isn't "crazy talk", but there are not a lot of gimmes... those would be my projected 7 wins, but truth is they could lose most of them too if they play like they have in the first half of these initial 6 games. The holes just can't continue to be 20 points or more ... you're not going to consistently make up that much ground in the NFL.

10 wins is realistic, but then so is 7... I'm incredibly optimistic, but I am a realist too and they're not consistently putting it all together for 3 quarters.

BoneKrusher
10-16-2012, 10:07 AM
i predicted in the preseason Manning and the Broncos would win the west if he was half the QB he was before the surgery, if not it would be the Chargers.

well, the Bronco's are on they're on their way, Manning looks good enough.

vailpass
10-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Denver D not nearly good enough yet to beat top teams.

Kaylore
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Denver D not nearly good enough yet to beat top teams.

The D played amazing yesterday. And have you seen the conference? It's not like the AFC is awesome this year...

MagicHef
10-16-2012, 11:15 AM
The D played amazing yesterday. And have you seen the conference? It's not like the AFC is awesome this year...

I am surprised at the number of Bronco fans downplaying the D performance yesterday. They allowed 17 points, with two extremely short (<20 yards) fields, and scored 14 points.

3 net points when special teams gave up the ball inside our 20 twice? That's absurd.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2012, 11:16 AM

They definitely played better, but it was the Chargers and while they are 3-3 ... they haven't been great and they imploded every bit as much as Denver 'played great'.

I see the Denver Defense vs the likes of NE, HOU, ATL and that's what I fear happening when the team takes the field. They can look amazing against the Chargers and Raiders, but what does that really mean - they have a lot to prove.

Kaylore
10-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I am surprised at the number of Bronco fans downplaying the D performance yesterday. They allowed 17 points, with two extremely short (<20 yards) fields, and scored 14 points.

3 net points when special teams gave up the ball inside our 20 twice? That's absurd.

Exactly. Basically allowing 17 points in a worst-case scenario isn't that bad. With Manning, 17 points is like a quarter and a half of football.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-16-2012, 11:17 AM
That fluke win has caused a lot of bloated Pile High heads....WOW

Mile High Mania
10-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Don't worry, there are plenty of KnoMo's running around to say that the team is bound for the SB after the game last night. I'm dosing my expectations with plenty of reality... I'm not getting sucked in too much by the highs or the lows, I want to see how things shake out in the first 3 games after the bye.

Codered
10-16-2012, 11:19 AM

Denver played Falcons and Texas pretty tough in losses ... Outside of the Pats game they haven't looked that bad this year.

Sucks, but it's the truth.

Mile High Mania

Fluke? Nah ... Unexpected given the start, yes.

The Chargers are not a great football team, my friend. You can paint them to be so, but they're not. And, that's why I'm tempering my enthusiasm quite a bit.

theelusiveeightrop
Giving the Broncos credit? Sad day in Missouri.

MagicHef

The term you're looking for is "garbage time win."

Mile High Mania
10-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Denver played Falcons and Texas pretty tough in losses ... Outside of the Pats game they haven't looked that bad this year.

Sucks, but it's the truth.

Enh, you must have missed the parts in those games when Denver had huge deficits to overcome ... the defense has some issues. The offense is clicking, but they've lost most of the fumbles they've had and you just can't win when you're consistently doing that stuff.

Right now, they're a .500 team - nothing more, nothing less. They rallied back to 'nearly win' a few games, but they didn't win them. Yesterday, they won it... good for them and it's great momentum for the bye week. It's definitely a game the team can point to later this year and say "look, we overcame this hellish start - we can do anything".

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-16-2012, 11:22 AM
The term you're looking for is "garbage time win."

"Epic Rivers pants shitting"

Mile High Mania
10-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Down 24-0 and then making it 24-7 to start the second half... I think it's safe to say that SD didn't go all prevent against Denver like other teams might have done. They just blew it...and Denver took advantage of it. So, there wasn't any garbage time stat padding.

It's a comeback for the ages ... down 24 at the half and then score 35 unanswered to win by 11 - that's crazy.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-16-2012, 11:26 AM
It was all about momentum. After Rivers fumbled they looked like deers in headlights. Reminded me of the Washington National players against the Cards in Game 5. They were beaten men.

MagicHef
10-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Enh, you must have missed the parts in those games when Denver had huge deficits to overcome ... the defense has some issues. The offense is clicking, but they've lost most of the fumbles they've had and you just can't win when you're consistently doing that stuff.

Right now, they're a .500 team - nothing more, nothing less. They rallied back to 'nearly win' a few games, but they didn't win them. Yesterday, they won it... good for them and it's great momentum for the bye week. It's definitely a game the team can point to later this year and say "look, we overcame this hellish start - we can do anything".

The D held Atlanta to 275 yards, even with the O giving them the ball 4 times. I'm not sure blaming the D for that loss is quite correct.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2012, 11:36 AM
The D held Atlanta to 275 yards, even with the O giving them the ball 4 times. I'm not sure blaming the D for that loss is quite correct.

It's more than just total yards... and overall, no the stats don't show that game as being as bad as some of the others.

My point remains - the team turns it up differently in the 2nd half, they need to find a way to do that for 3 quarters... then, maybe 4. There's been a lot of break in the defense at critical moments.

vailpass
10-16-2012, 11:36 AM

Chargers are an average to below average team. My sights are set higher than the shitty AFC West.

Over the first 6 games of this season the D has not performed nearly well enough to be able to compete with the top tier teams.

Look at the D's performance on 3rd downs this season; especially in the NE game.

5 D coordinators in 5 years hurts us. Probably be 6 after DelRio gets a gig somewhere next year.

The O is going to keep getting better, we need a D to match.

Kaylore
10-16-2012, 12:24 PM
PGM: It was a fluke win.

Anyone with more than five neurons: How is an entire half of dominance a fluke win, especially when everything the Chargers got was given to them by the Broncos?

PGM: Momentum! It was just momentum!

Follow up question: Was it just a series of really long, continually occuring flukes and momentums?

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-16-2012, 12:25 PM
LMAO Twas trickery, doesn't count

Kaylore
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Chargers are an average to below average team. My sights are set higher than the shitty AFC West.

Over the first 6 games of this season the D has not performed nearly well enough to be able to compete with the top tier teams.

Look at the D's performance on 3rd downs this season; especially in the NE game.

5 D coordinators in 5 years hurts us. Probably be 6 after DelRio gets a gig somewhere next year.

Like I said, get to the dance and you have a shot - especially with Manning. We're ranked fourth in the AFC and of the two teams with winning records. One lost at home last week and the other lost two of their star players on defense.

This thing is wide open.

MagicHef
10-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Like I said, get to the dance and you have a shot - especially with Manning. We're ranked fourth in the AFC and of the two teams with winning records. One lost at home last week and the other lost two of their star players on defense.

This thing is wide open.

The one that lost at home last week also lost one its star defensive players (2 weeks ago).

Mile High Mania
10-16-2012, 01:06 PM

I thought we have had 7 in 7 years... maybe not.

stevieray
10-16-2012, 01:23 PM
awesome tooge, our own little orangemane.

DJ's left nut
10-16-2012, 01:27 PM
No, I've just accepted that they are good and we suck. It makes following the chiefs much easier if I'm living in reality. I still hate them as I stated

They aren't good - they just aren't terrible.

They're still a team that is only capable of playing about 25 minutes of good football. And recall that this is the same Chargers squad that couldn't finish the Chiefs off despite Matt Cassel being the best player on their team. Even after 6 turnovers, the Chiefs were there with a chance to get right back into that game.

The Chargers suck. The Broncos just suck slightly less.

It's a one and done playoff team.

Rain Man
10-16-2012, 01:28 PM
If we can sign Manning, we're going to have a really good team.

boogblaster
10-16-2012, 01:32 PM
F da donks and manning .....

vailpass
10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I thought we have had 7 in 7 years... maybe not.

I made a deal with Satan that I would agree not to remember anything past 5 years back if he would remove McDaniels from Denver.
I can't remember my friends or family but still feel I came out on top on the deal.

Von Dumbass
10-16-2012, 03:02 PM
If we can sign Manning, we're going to have a really good team.

Are you not happy with RG3? From the outside looking in, RG3 looks great. A diehard Skins fan like yourself would know better than I would though.

vailpass
10-16-2012, 03:02 PM
They aren't good - they just aren't terrible.

They're still a team that is only capable of playing about 25 minutes of good football. And recall that this is the same Chargers squad that couldn't finish the Chiefs off despite Matt Cassel being the best player on their team. Even after 6 turnovers, the Chiefs were there with a chance to get right back into that game.

The Chargers suck. The Broncos just suck slightly less.

It's a one and done playoff team.

Yessss. Let the hate consume you.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Yessss. Let the hate consume you.

You don't agree with him? I think he's spot on :clap:

vailpass
10-16-2012, 03:29 PM
You don't agree with him? I think he's spot on :clap:

I'm just happy to be in the conversation.