PDA

View Full Version : KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ArrowheadHawk
10-16-2012, 06:41 PM
#1 Seed South Region (31-5,14-4,5-0)

Roster

1 Naadir Tharpe Guard 5-11 170 So.
2 Rio Adams Guard 6-3 190 Fr.
3 Andrew White III Guard 6-6 210 Fr.
4 Justin Wesley Forward 6-9 220 RS Jr.
5 Jeff Withey Center 7-0 235 RS Sr.
10 Evan Manning Guard 6-3 170 Fr.
11 Tyler Self Guard 6-2 165 Fr.
15 Elijah Johnson Guard 6-4 195 Sr.
20 Niko Roberts Guard 5-11 175 Jr.
21 Christian Garrett Guard 6-3 185 So.
23 Ben McLemore Guard 6-5 195 RS Fr.
24 Travis Releford Guard 6-6 210 RS Sr.
31 Jamari Traylor Forward 6-8 220 RS Fr.
32 Zach Peters Forward 6-9 240 Fr.
33 Landen Lucas Forward 6-10 240 Fr.
34 Perry Ellis Forward 6-8 225 Fr.
40 Kevin Young Forward 6-8 190 Sr.

Non-Con Schedule
Fri, Nov. 9 SE Missouri State at Kansas (W 74-55)
Tue, Nov. 13 Michigan St. at Kansas Atlanta, Ga. (L 64-67)
Thu, Nov. 15 UTC at Kansas (W 69-55)
Mon, Nov. 19 Washington State at Kansas Sprint Center (W 78-41)
Tue, Nov. 20 St. Louis at Kansas Sprint Center (W 73-59)
Mon, Nov. 26 SJSU at Kansas (W 70-57)
Fri, Nov. 30 Oregon State at Kansas (W 84-78)
Sat, Dec. 8 Colorado at Kansas (W 90-54)
Sat, Dec. 15 Belmont at Kansas (W 89-60)
Tue, Dec. 18 Richmond at Kansas (W 87-59)
Sat, Dec. 22 Kansas at Ohio St. (W 74-66)
Sat, Dec. 29 American at Kansas (W 89-57)
Sun, Jan. 6 Temple at Kansas (W 69-62)
Conference Schedule

Wed, Jan. 9 Iowa State at Kansas (W 97-89 )
Sat, Jan. 12 Kansas at TT (W 60-46)
Mon, Jan. 14 Baylor at Kansas (W 61-44)
Sat, Jan. 19 Kansas at Texas (W 64-59)
Tue, Jan. 22 Kansas at Kansas State (W 59-55)
Sat, Jan. 26 Oklahoma at Kansas (W 67-54)
Mon, Jan. 28 Kansas at West Virginia (W 61-56)
Sat, Feb. 2 Okla. St. at Kansas (L 80-85)
Wed, Feb. 6 Kansas at TCU (L 55-62)
Sat, Feb. 9 Kansas at Oklahoma (L 66-72)
Mon, Feb. 11 Kansas State at Kansas (W 83-62)
Sat, Feb. 16 Texas at Kansas (W 73-47)
Wed, Feb. 20 Kansas at Okla. St. (W 68-67)
Sat, Feb. 23 TCU at Kansas (W 74-48)
Mon, Feb. 25 Kansas at Iowa State (W 108-96)
Sat, March 2 West Virginia at Kansas (W 91-65)
Mon, March 4 TT at Kansas (W 79-42)
Sat, March 9 Kansas at Baylor (L 58-81)
Post Season
Thu, March 14 TT at Kansas (W 91-63)
Fri, March 15 Iowa State at Kansas (W 88-73)
Sat, March 15 Kansas State at Kansas (W 70-54)
Fri, March 22 (16)Western Kentucky vs (1)Kansas (W 64-57)
Sun, March 24 (8)UNC vs (1)Kansas (W 70-58)
Fri, March 29 (4)Michigan at (1)Kansas Cowboys Stadium, Arlington, TX 6:37PM

the Talking Can
10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
in!

CoMoChief
10-16-2012, 06:43 PM
ESPN 30 for 30 "There's No Place Like Home" is on right now.

Figured I'd post this in the new thread.

Pablo
10-16-2012, 06:44 PM
IN IT TO WIN IN.

Mr. Plow
10-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Looking forward to another great year.

Shogun
10-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Bill Self calls and says 'buy it'

You gotta buy it.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-16-2012, 07:00 PM
If it weren't for KU basketball all my teams would suck. It must suck to be an MU sports fan lol. :). I feel bad for them really though I wish them the best. Sucking sucks.

ArrowheadHawk
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
If it weren't for KU basketball all my teams would suck. It must suck to be an MU sports fan lol. :). I feel bad for them really though I wish them the best. Sucking sucks.
I couldn't even imagine if I also rooted for a loser in College Hoops.

Shogun
10-16-2012, 07:06 PM
David booth is a straight up KILLER in the auction house.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Let's do this.

CoMoChief
10-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Found a new reason to hate Duke

Seriously.......fuck Duke

ArrowheadHawk
10-16-2012, 07:25 PM

Seriously.......**** Duke

Please elaborate.

Saulbadguy
10-16-2012, 07:27 PM
When do you guys think you will get to see a copy of the rules of football?

lewdog
10-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Michigan State is gonna fucking kill you!

CoMoChief
10-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Please elaborate.

Some rich Duke Alum was in an auction bidding war with the Booth for the orig rules of bball. And the way it sounded was that he was purposely upping the amount because he knew Booth wouldn't quit until he won.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Michigan State is gonna ****ing kill you!

Why?

lewdog
10-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Why?

I am a Michigan State bball fan but I am not being serious with that comment. Just trying to act tough.

After a year of Royals baseball and Chiefs football, I am hoping State doesn't let me down. Although I have a feeling they will this year. :(

cmh6476
10-16-2012, 08:04 PM
The wife and I were planning on going to Late Night. Went to dropped the kids off, and my daughter tied a rope around my mom's cats neck, who then took off and hid under a wood pile. My mom sat outside waiting for the cat to come out, so we didn't get to go.

:(

ArrowheadHawk
10-16-2012, 08:30 PM
The wife and I were planning on going to Late Night. Went to dropped the kids off, and my daughter tied a rope around my mom's cats neck, who then took off and hid under a wood pile. My mom sat outside waiting for the cat to come out, so we didn't get to go.

:(
ROFL

Zeke
10-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Seriously.......**** Duke

Pablo
10-16-2012, 08:53 PM
That was a great documentary.

Oh, and fuck Duke.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-16-2012, 08:56 PM
That was a great documentary.

Oh, and **** Duke.

Cliff's Notes?

CoMoChief
10-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Cliff's Notes?

Hardcore KU fan read in NY Times that original rules of basketball by James Naismith were auctioning up for sale.

KU fan researches top KU donors (rich guys) and flies around the country to meet up with these donors to try and convince them to put forth the money to buy these 13 Commandments of Basketball. Meanwhile it goes into the history of KU and basketball and the coaching tree etc.

Only one donor is left to reach out to...the Booth family of course. He gets together with Phog Allen's family in Mission Hills and tries to pitch to the school on why these NEED to be at Allen Fieldhouse, but KU (the school) isn't buying that these "rules" are authentic and originally don't want anything to do w/ them. Think it's a bad investment.

Bill Self comes in and tells the school to STFU I'm Bill fucking Self, ruler of everything that is Kansas and you do what I say. So then the school is on board w/ this idea.

This kid gets this all together in like 20days..includes meetings, flying around the country to meet w/ legendary KU coaches players etc to try and make the sales pitch to Booth to put up the money to win this item.

Auction starts and these rules and also with some other awesome items like the original Emancipation Proclamation signed by Abe Lincoln himself and a flag that was standing at Custards Last Stand.

Booth was only thinking about spending $1M maybe $1.5M.....some other asshole was bidding and increasing and increasing the bid...all the way up to $3.8M and Booth still kept to his word bless his heart and the other guy who wanted them was a snobby jew Duke grad and knew the other person in the bidding (Booth) wasn't going to quit so he kept bidding what seemed to be on purpose.

But Booth got them.

HolyHandgernade
10-16-2012, 09:12 PM
It was an awesome documentary. Unrelenting will, loyalty, and genrerosity.

L.A. Chieffan
10-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Great scene with the Sotheby auction. Fantastic.

CoMoChief
10-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Great scene with the Sotheby auction. Fantastic.

It was pretty intense even knowing what the outcome would be.

If I was that fan, I would have left the god damn room. LMAO

or maybe not...that's probably what kept Booth from saying "no" who knows..

Silock
10-16-2012, 10:10 PM
a snobby jew

You should be banned for this remark. Fuck you.

<- just another Jew

Ceej
10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Finally...

A team I follow who ****ing wins.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I want to give some random stranger a diamond cutter now!!

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Hardcore KU fan read in NY Times that original rules of basketball by James Naismith were auctioning up for sale.

KU fan researches top KU donors (rich guys) and flies around the country to meet up with these donors to try and convince them to put forth the money to buy these 13 Commandments of Basketball. Meanwhile it goes into the history of KU and basketball and the coaching tree etc.

Only one donor is left to reach out to...the Booth family of course. He gets together with Phog Allen's family in Mission Hills and tries to pitch to the school on why these NEED to be at Allen Fieldhouse, but KU (the school) isn't buying that these "rules" are authentic and originally don't want anything to do w/ them. Think it's a bad investment.

Bill Self comes in and tells the school to STFU I'm Bill ****ing Self, ruler of everything that is Kansas and you do what I say. So then the school is on board w/ this idea.

This kid gets this all together in like 20days..includes meetings, flying around the country to meet w/ legendary KU coaches players etc to try and make the sales pitch to Booth to put up the money to win this item.

Auction starts and these rules and also with some other awesome items like the original Emancipation Proclamation signed by Abe Lincoln himself and a flag that was standing at Custards Last Stand.

Booth was only thinking about spending $1M maybe $1.5M.....some other asshole was bidding and increasing and increasing the bid...all the way up to $3.8M and Booth still kept to his word bless his heart and the other guy who wanted them was a snobby jew Duke grad and knew the other person in the bidding (Booth) wasn't going to quit so he kept bidding what seemed to be on purpose.

But Booth got them.

Wow

Lzen
10-17-2012, 12:06 PM
When do you guys think you will get to see a copy of the rules of football?

That's probably in West Virginia right now. About to be rammed up KSU's butt.

SNR
10-17-2012, 12:08 PM
All you goys should quit kvelling about CoMo's anti-Semitic schtick.

CoMoChief
10-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Wow

Gasp! Omg!

RustShack
10-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Whos the other top three team going to be with Kansas and Iowa State?

RockChalk
10-17-2012, 12:38 PM
It was an awesome documentary. Unrelenting will, loyalty, and genrerosity.

Watched it. Wondered what I just watched. Thought about it for a while.

So really, the filmmaker did absolutely nothing. It took him begging Mark Allen (Phog's grandson) to talk to Booth. Allen was reluctant until his wife helped convince him. Then he (Allen) flew down to Austin and met with Booth, who was still unconvinced. Then Mark Allen called Bill Self as a last resort, who in turn called Booth and asked him to buy it. After a call from Self, Booth goes from saying $1 mil max to spending $4.3 mil on it.

So really, this idiot 1% fan (the type that cries after losses and annoys you by telling you that they know everything about KU hoops), who most psychologists would consider a bit overboard in their support for the team, did nothing other than take credit for buying the rules in which he really had no part of. Plus he looked like a little child hiding behind that Naismith picture while Booth was doing the bidding.

Seriously, nobody pissed in my cereal this morning or anything like that. This 30 for 30 was by far the worst of them all, and could only appeal to KU fans. I imagine that 99% of non-KU fans turned this off 5 minutes into it. Again, this guy did absolutely nothing other than take credit for something he really had nothing to do with. All he did was sabotage two of our biggest boosters and the edit job made them look like they were clueless.

Count me among the few who found the documentary to be average at best.

RockChalk
10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Whos the other top three team going to be with Kansas and Iowa State?

Baylor and OSU will both be really strong this year

noa
10-17-2012, 01:00 PM
and the other guy who wanted them was a snobby jew Duke grad

Larry Brown is disappoint.
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection
10-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Watched it. Wondered what I just watched. Thought about it for a while.

So really, the filmmaker did absolutely nothing. It took him begging Mark Allen (Phog's grandson) to talk to Booth. Allen was reluctant until his wife helped convince him. Then he (Allen) flew down to Austin and met with Booth, who was still unconvinced. Then Mark Allen called Bill Self as a last resort, who in turn called Booth and asked him to buy it. After a call from Self, Booth goes from saying $1 mil max to spending $4.3 mil on it.

So really, this idiot 1% fan (the type that cries after losses and annoys you by telling you that they know everything about KU hoops), who most psychologists would consider a bit overboard in their support for the team, did nothing other than take credit for buying the rules in which he really had no part of. Plus he looked like a little child hiding behind that Naismith picture while Booth was doing the bidding.

Seriously, nobody pissed in my cereal this morning or anything like that. This 30 for 30 was by far the worst of them all, and could only appeal to KU fans. I imagine that 99% of non-KU fans turned this off 5 minutes into it. Again, this guy did absolutely nothing other than take credit for something he really had nothing to do with. All he did was sabotage two of our biggest boosters and the edit job made them look like they were clueless.

Count me among the few who found the documentary to be average at best.
The 9.79* documentary about Ben Johnson and Carl Lewis was fantastic last week (don't know if you saw that one), so it's disappointing to hear that about the KU one. I'll probably still watch it at some point, though.

RockChalk
10-17-2012, 01:11 PM
The 9.79* documentary about Ben Johnson and Carl Lewis was fantastic last week (don't know if you saw that one), so it's disappointing to hear that about the KU one. I'll probably still watch it at some point, though.

Don't get me wrong, as a KU fan, it's fine to watch. But outside the scope of that, it falls well short of the standard that 30 for 30 has set.

It's really about a superfan with a camera blindsiding donors from thinking they are discussing KU hoops to asking them for millions of dollars. I don't buy it for one minute that Booth wouldn't have found out about the rules being put up for auction. Lovers of the film will argue that superfan got Booth on board. It's simply not true and superfan's own documentary proves it. Booth wanted nothing to do with it until Mark Allen had Bill Self call him.

The only thing I will give superfan credit for is that he somehow forced his way into Dr. Mark Allen's home at 11pm and convinced him to fly to Austin to talk to Booth. But Allen's wife had a hand in that convincing as well, plus I believe he felt it was a duty to his grandfather (Phog) to make this happen.

Ultimately, it all falls on Bill Self being who he is.

zimdogg
10-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, as a KU fan, it's fine to watch. But outside the scope of that, it falls well short of the standard that 30 for 30 has set.

It's really about a superfan with a camera blindsiding donors from thinking they are discussing KU hoops to asking them for millions of dollars. I don't buy it for one minute that Booth wouldn't have found out about the rules being put up for auction. Lovers of the film will argue that superfan got Booth on board. It's simply not true and superfan's own documentary proves it. Booth wanted nothing to do with it until Mark Allen had Bill Self call him.

The only thing I will give superfan credit for is that he somehow forced his way into Dr. Mark Allen's home at 11pm and convinced him to fly to Austin to talk to Booth. But Allen's wife had a hand in that convincing as well, plus I believe he felt it was a duty to his grandfather (Phog) to make this happen.

In the guys defense, he never intended for this to be a 30 for 30 documentary. The guy works at a production company and used the "documentary" excuse to get away from work and try to influence people to buy the rules and return them home. I think most of us KU fans can agree that this dude was over the top, and the way he presented himself in some of those situations was less than professional, but at the end of the day he did put forth a lot of effort to get this done. Could the rules have made it into Booth's hands without Josh? Probably. I don't think Josh is taking credit single handedly here. He was a passionate fan who sought after the guys that could make this happen, put some pieces together, went through some ups and downs, and actually put 100% into something he cared about... all while documenting the entire thing.

Only after he put the film together did ESPN come along and use his story for a documentary in the 30for30 series. As far as that's concerned, there has been no other college featured in a way that KU was featured last night, and that's something KU fans CAN be proud of, and SHOULD be proud of. Whether the guy was a goober or not is irrelevant. His efforts put Kansas and this story in the national spotlight for everyone around the country to see. If you're even half of a college basketball fan you can appreciate the story behind what Sotheby's described as "the most important piece of sports memoriabilia in existence". That's something to be pretty damn proud of as a Kansas fan.

Rock Chalk.

RockChalk
10-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Only after he put the film together did ESPN come along and use his story for a documentary in the 30for30 series. As far as that's concerned, there has been no other college featured in a way that KU was featured last night, and that's something KU fans CAN be proud of, and SHOULD be proud of. Whether the guy was a goober or not is irrelevant. His efforts put Kansas and this story in the national spotlight for everyone around the country to see. If you're even half of a college basketball fan you can appreciate the story behind what Sotheby's described as "the most important piece of sports memoriabilia in existence". That's something to be pretty damn proud of as a Kansas fan.

Rock Chalk.

I'm not arguing whether it was good for KU or not. As you said, it was a great thing for KU. And a great thing for Booth to do for his alma mater.

I just felt like Josh tried to paint himself as the one who got the rules to KU. Sure, he filmed it. And he came with the annoying plan to blindside our best and biggest boosters with a request for millions of dollars. I just feel that since his whole purpose was to be the lead dog on getting the rules to KU, in the end, he really didn't do anything at all other than film it.

Oh well. I'm just not gushing over it like I've seen many do on Facebook and Twitter.

Rock Chalk!

zimdogg
10-17-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm not arguing whether it was good for KU or not. As you said, it was a great thing for KU. And a great thing for Booth to do for his alma mater.

I just felt like Josh tried to paint himself as the one who got the rules to KU. Sure, he filmed it. And he came with the annoying plan to blindside our best and biggest boosters with a request for millions of dollars. I just feel that since his whole purpose was to be the lead dog on getting the rules to KU, in the end, he really didn't do anything at all other than film it.

Oh well. I'm just not gushing over it like I've seen many do on Facebook and Twitter.

Rock Chalk!

I agree some things could have been better, but I don't know how you get in front of those boosters WITHOUT blindsiding them. Had he come out and said, "I'm coming in to ask for money to get the rules of bball back to Kansas," he would have been hung up on before he finished the sentence. He didn't necessarily lie to them, as he was filming a documentary.

As for showing up to places unannounced, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Persistence can be a powerful thing, and in this case it was. I don't think Dr. Allen was upset, and his wifes enthusiasm about keeping the rules out of the dookies hands was proof that there was passion among the Allens as well.

Personally I thought the guy sucked as a salesman. He had a bunch of long awkward pauses when he was making his pitches, and really had nothing to say to the first few boosters that basically told him no. He assumed coming there and breaking some news to these guys was going to singlehandedly sway their decisions.

I gotta hand it to him though, to get the meetings he did in the 20 days that he had, was pretty impressive. Between the big donors, national media, past coaches, the Allen family, past players, etc., he really had to have been busy.

You can definitely tell this was an amateur hour documentary, and Josh is definitely one of the annoying fans of a fanbase, but he "made it happen". Can't fault him there.

Silock
10-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Booth wanted nothing to do with it until Mark Allen had Bill Self call him.

It actually proves just the opposite. As soon as Josh mentioned it, Booth immediately said he was in for a million dollars on them. It was only after the university said that it was a bad investment did he back off. Josh's persistence paid off by getting Self and Allen to talk to him. Neither of those things happen without Swade.

He didn't force his way in at all. Allen's wife heard about the plight through the radio/media and invited him to come out. Did you even watch the thing? It seems like you didn't.

It's true that it ultimately doesn't happen without Self and Allen, but without Swade, none of it happens at all.

Also, Ron Howard tweeted that it was a great documentary, so not everyone hated it.

RockChalk
10-17-2012, 02:14 PM
It actually proves just the opposite. As soon as Josh mentioned it, Booth immediately said he was in for a million dollars on them. It was only after the university said that it was a bad investment did he back off. Josh's persistence paid off by getting Self and Allen to talk to him. Neither of those things happen without Swade.

Yes, and once KU told him to think twice about it, he did, and had his assistant tell Josh he was out. Then Mark Allen and Bill Self talked him back into it. Side note - I thought this made KU bad just a little bit.

He didn't force his way in at all. Allen's wife heard about the plight through the radio/media and invited him to come out. Did you even watch the thing? It seems like you didn't.

Yes, I did happen to watch it. Which is why I formed an opinion on it. And actually, if you watched it, you would surely remember the scene where Josh claims he showed up to Dr. Allen's house uninvited for a second time at 11pm. So yes, he did essentially force his way in where he begged Dr. Allen to do something more. And because I happened to watch the documentary, I also noticed that Dr Allen's wife helped motivate him to do more, as well as Dr Allen addressing that he wanted to help do it for his grandfather.

It's true that it ultimately doesn't happen without Self and Allen, but without Swade, none of it happens at all.

This is where I have my doubts. Superfan Josh certainly went out of his way to try to get people to do it. But it ultimately fell on Dr. Allen feeling compelled to take time out of his life to fly down to Austin, meet with Booth, and then call Coach Self.

I won't disagree with you that he brought this to their attention. But that is pretty much all he did.

Also, Ron Howard tweeted that it was a great documentary, so not everyone hated it.

Nowhere did I say that anyone hated it. I didn't even claim that I hated it. I just didn't find it to be all that great. I believe I even claimed I was likely in the minority that didn't think it was the best thing I've ever watched, like most KU fans on Twitter and Facebook were doing last night around 8:15

Lzen
10-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Just watched the 30 for 30 documentary. Holy shit David Booth is pimp!

Silock
10-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Yes, and once KU told him to think twice about it, he did, and had his assistant tell Josh he was out. Then Mark Allen and Bill Self talked him back into it. Side note - I thought this made KU bad just a little bit.

But that doesn't mean he wasn't interested. He absolutely was. Agree about KU coming off looking badly a bit, but as Zenger mentioned, there was no AD at that time. The whole department was clueless.

Yes, I did happen to watch it. Which is why I formed an opinion on it. And actually, if you watched it, you would surely remember the scene where Josh claims he showed up to Dr. Allen's house uninvited for a second time at 11pm. So yes, he did essentially force his way in where he begged Dr. Allen to do something more. And because I happened to watch the documentary, I also noticed that Dr Allen's wife helped motivate him to do more, as well as Dr Allen addressing that he wanted to help do it for his grandfather.

It's hard to force your way into a place where you are welcome, which he absolutely was at the Allen's house. You can tell by how Dr. Allen and his wife treat Josh. They say "Anything you need."

There is no doubt that Allen's wife was instrumental. They all were.

This is where I have my doubts. Superfan Josh certainly went out of his way to try to get people to do it. But it ultimately fell on Dr. Allen feeling compelled to take time out of his life to fly down to Austin, meet with Booth, and then call Coach Self.

I won't disagree with you that he brought this to their attention. But that is pretty much all he did.

It isn't all he did. He kept at it after Booth gave up. Booth wasn't going to make it happen at that point. He brought everyone together. None of it would have happened without him. No one else was taking the lead. No, he didn't buy the rules himself. No, he didn't ultimately convert Booth. But he did convince Allen. He helped get Self, Roy, and Brown's feelings on the subject known to Booth.

Nowhere did I say that anyone hated it. I didn't even claim that I hated it. I just didn't find it to be all that great. I believe I even claimed I was likely in the minority that didn't think it was the best thing I've ever watched, like most KU fans on Twitter and Facebook were doing last night around 8:15

I just don't understand your disdain for Josh. It's abundantly clear that KU doesn't get the rules if he doesn't do what he did. And no, it's not the best thing ever, but it wasn't ever intended to be a documentary. Swade was just using the filming as an excuse to fly all over the country to get this done. It was only afterward that all the footage was edited into a documentary.

RockChalk
10-18-2012, 05:43 AM
I just don't understand your disdain for Josh. It's abundantly clear that KU doesn't get the rules if he doesn't do what he did. And no, it's not the best thing ever, but it wasn't ever intended to be a documentary. Swade was just using the filming as an excuse to fly all over the country to get this done. It was only afterward that all the footage was edited into a documentary.

I mentioned it above in one of my rants/posts about the subject. He's one of those 1-percenter fans that typically annoys everyone around them. He's a homer to the "nth" degree. Every fanbase has them and they just annoy me. And still, having watched it again last night to see if I feel any differently, my opinion remains the same. Sure you can argue that he got the ball rolling, but to me, that's where it ends.

Anyways, no reason to argue over it further. I have my points. You have yours. The bottom line is that it was a great 1 hour advertisement for the University of Kansas, so we can all be happy about that. And having those rules in AFH was a must, which that group of individuals made happen.

Ceej
10-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Crazy to think the season is close to starting.

Thank God.

CoMoChief
10-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Crazy to think the season is close to starting.

Thank God.

It's really the only thing that counter acts all of the FAIL that is Kansas City sports for most of the calendar year.

Ceej
10-19-2012, 08:27 PM
It's really the only thing that counter acts all of the FAIL that is Kansas City sports for most of the calendar year.

Yeah. Can you imagine the suicide rate in NE Kansas if all three teams were terrible?

I know I would no longer be living.

HolyHandgernade
10-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Don't get your hopes up too much, but Wiggins has reportedly indicated that if he reclassifies to the 2013 class, UK is NOT the school he will attend and that he is interested in hearing from UNC and KU. Dooley going to meet him this Thursday.

For those who don't follow the recruiting game, Wiggins is the number one recruit regardless of class and the most coveted since LeBron and KG.

Saulbadguy
10-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Don't get your hopes up too much, but Wiggins has reportedly indicated that if he reclassifies to the 2013 class, UK is NOT the school he will attend and that he is interested in hearing from UNC and KU. Dooley going to meet him this Thursday.

For those who don't follow the recruiting game, Wiggins is the number one recruit regardless of class and the most coveted since LeBron and KG.

Coach Cal must not want him then.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Coach Cal must not want him then.

He wants to be the Biggest fish.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DNi4iOu9NCU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some have said maybe the best High Schooler since Lebron.

BWillie
10-23-2012, 01:01 PM

No chance he comes to KU. Hope Im wrong

SNR
10-23-2012, 01:13 PM

For those who don't follow the recruiting game, Wiggins is the number one recruit regardless of class and the most coveted since LeBron and KG.It's about time KU got one of those recruits. One of these days in one of the tournaments I want to beat Cal at his own game. "Oh, your team of one-and-dones looks pretty good? Well, my team with the best one-and-done player in YEARS is better"

WV
10-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Not sure where to post this, so I'll choose here.

Obviously I (and a lot of others) had lofty expectations for WVU football, so how do you think WVU will fare in Big 12 Basketball? One could argue that the Big East is one of the best BBall conferences in the country, so I think WVU will do okay. What do you guys think?

Pablo
10-23-2012, 04:42 PM

Obviously I (and a lot of others) had lofty expectations for WVU football, so how do you think WVU will fare in Big 12 Basketball? One could argue that the Big East is one of the best BBall conferences in the country, so I think WVU will do okay. What do you guys think?I'd expect them to end up about where the preseason rankings put them. They should be a 20 win team; and they may be able to slow some teams down if they play plodding, fouling with 3 minutes left Big East ball. I don't expect them to be plus .500 against KU, Baylor, and Okie State.

But Huggins can recruit, and they have a pretty good tradition so I expect them to be a solid addition to the league.

JASONSAUTO
10-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Josh must have fucked rock chalk's momma
Posted via Mobile Device

RockChalk
10-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Josh must have ****ed rock chalk's momma
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL. The SOB hit on her!

Ceej
10-23-2012, 07:05 PM

Obviously I (and a lot of others) had lofty expectations for WVU football, so how do you think WVU will fare in Big 12 Basketball? One could argue that the Big East is one of the best BBall conferences in the country, so I think WVU will do okay. What do you guys think?

Do you guys still have that IranianArmenianCzechoslovakian ball player?

Watching him play makes me laugh.

cmh6476
10-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm starting a fund to purchase the original napkin the students and professor on the train wrote "rah rah jayhawk" that led to the rock chalk chant.

anyone else got $5 on it?

WV
10-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd expect them to end up about where the preseason rankings put them. They should be a 20 win team; and they may be able to slow some teams down if they play plodding, fouling with 3 minutes left Big East ball. I don't expect them to be plus .500 against KU, Baylor, and Okie State.

But Huggins can recruit, and they have a pretty good tradition so I expect them to be a solid addition to the league.

Thanks...I expect them to hold their own, but have learned from football to temper my expectations. I had forgotten you guys know all about Huggins from his time at K-State.

Do you guys still have that IranianArmenianCzechoslovakian ball player?

Watching him play makes me laugh.

Yep Deniz Kilicli is a Senior this year. He's from Turkey.

Also Volodymyr Gerun and Aaric Murray are eligable this season. WVU will have good size this season.

Lzen
10-23-2012, 09:50 PM

Huggins is a good coach and a good recruiter. I expect they will do well in the Big 12. Not sure how much you guys lost but I guess I just assumed you would finish in the top half of the league.

BWillie
10-24-2012, 12:57 AM
The more I think about this team, the more I like them. EJ, Releford, Withey...lock down defenders. If McLemore can score, look out.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Can't wait for the season to start. Another great year...again.

Ceej
10-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Tuesday needs to get here STAT!

ArrowheadHawk
10-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Tuesday needs to get here STAT!

Amen

ArrowheadHawk
10-25-2012, 09:40 PM
KU and Georgtown signed a four year home and home series. That should be fun.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/oct/25/ku-mens-basketball-play-georgetown-four-year-home-/

Mr. Laz
10-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Five From the Fieldhouse, Oct 26

(http://www.810whb.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=2121)<small class="tstamp" style="font-size: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Oct 26, 2012 -- 11:36am</small>By Nate Bukaty

-The college basketball season is just days away. The Jayhawks’ exhibition season starts on Tuesday, and with that in mind, here are my top 5 storylines to watch for this upcoming Kansas basketball season.

1) Who, if anyone, replaces Mizzou? It’s no secret that Kansas has dominated the Big 12 during the Bill Self era, as evidenced by their 8-year streak of conference championships. But for most of those 8 seasons, there’s been a team that has stepped up and pushed Kansas all the way to the finish line, and in some cases even tied the Jayhawks for the League Crown. What made last season so special was the fact that Missouri stepped up as that team in the last year of the rivalry. Nobody will soon forget the two epic showdowns between Kansas and Missouri last year. And in year’s past, there have been some titanic tilts between Kansas and Texas with the league on the line. This year, the Jayhawks were the unanimous pick to win the Big 12. The only coach who didn’t vote for KU was Bill Self, because he couldn’t. So it’s possible that there is simply not another team that will push KU for the title this year. But, if a team does emerge, who will it be? My bet is Baylor, with the talent that Scott Drew has been able to consistently assemble. It seems like a nice little rivalry is brewing between the Jayhawks and Bears.

2) Does Elijah make the Tyshawn Taylor jump? You might recall that Kansas was actually not the favorite to win the Big 12 going into last season, despite having won 7 straight titles. It’s easy to forget that now, especially after KU’s run all the way to the National Championship game a year ago. One of the biggest reasons that the Jayhawks so greatly exceeded expectations was the quantum leap that Tyshawn Taylor made in his final year at Kansas. Going into his senior season, the enigmatic Taylor was considered to be an inconsistent, if not altogether unreliable, player. But Taylor grabbed hold of the leadership role in his senior season, and never let go. He went from scoring 9 points a game his Junior year to almost 17 a game as a senior, and was named to several All American teams (as a third teamer or honorable mention.) Now the point guard responsibilities fall to another Senior, Elijah Johnson. As a Junior, Johnson battled some inconsistencies of his own, before closing out the season on a high note with some great play in the NCAA tournament. He averaged 10 points per game on the year, but he suffered long stretches where he couldn’t find the mark from three point range, yet he seemed to settle for outside jumpers rather than trying to take the ball to the basket. Bill Self says that Johnson has the ability to get his shoulders past defenders, so he should have no problem taking the ball to the basket. If Johnson takes that step this season, it could be another special one for the Jayhawks.

3) Can Withey become a scorer? We already know that Jeff Withey will likely be the best defensive presence in the Big 12 this season. The 7-footer blocked 140 shots a year ago, and there’s no reason to suspect he won’t pick up right where he left off last year. While Withey did mix in some offense last year (9 points per game,) most of his scoring came because opposing defenses were completely focused on Thomas Robinson. Even if Perry Ellis emerges as a big low-post scoring threat, it’s hard to imagine that anyone will command the respect that Robinson did last year. That means Withey will have to earn more of his points this year.

4) Who wants the ball? Self has gone on record this preseason that he’s got some freshman who have that God-given ability to score the basketball, but some of them seem more comfortable deferring to their older teammates. You get the sense that Self is talking most specifically about Ben McLemore and Perry Ellis. Fran Fraschilla told us at Big 12 Media Day that he saw more upside potential out of McLemore than he did from Brandon Rush and Xavier Henry. That’s some pretty high praise. I’ve talked to some coaches who watched a lot of Ellis in high school, and they describe a guy who is a sure bucket anytime he touches the ball inside of 9 feet. Watching Ellis at “Late Night,” I could see what they were talking about. Ellis seems to have a particularly advanced variety of post moves for such a young player, and an impressive amount of patience. But Self says that he practically has to beg these kids to shoot the ball in practice. If Kansas is going to successfully replace the scoring of Robinson and Taylor, they’ll need some of these freshmen to emerge.

5) How do the Jayhawks Navigate the Non-Con? Much like last year, Kansas has to get ready for a big matchup right out of the shoot, as their 2<sup>nd</sup> game of the season is against Michigan State in the Champions Classic in Atlanta. Less than a week later, they’ll face a couple of tough challenges in the CBE Classic at Sprint Center. And don’t forget a visit to Ohio State right before Christmas. Unlike last year’s team, this year’s squad will count on a lot of newcomers to play big roles this year. New players in the Bill Self system tend not to blossom before conference play comes around. We know that Self places a much bigger emphasis on getting ready for League play than he does on nonconference, but those November and December games can have an impact on tournament seeding down the road. It will be interesting to see if the Jayhawks’ Seniors can carry the mail in the season’s first two months while the newcomers find their identities.

ArrowheadHawk
10-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Jamari Traylor looks like T-Rob (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/oct/27/jamari-traylor-looks-t-rob/?mens_basketball)

Tuesday can't get here fast enough. KU is the opposite of the Chiefs.

BWillie
10-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Jamari Traylor looks like T-Rob (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/oct/27/jamari-traylor-looks-t-rob/?mens_basketball)

Tuesday can't get here fast enough. KU is the opposite of the Chiefs.

Im really excited about Traylor based on what I have seen. Of course it's a limited about but I think that's a fair comparison. Many ppl say hes undersized but that is absolutely untrue. Guy is a spring, long, and athletic. Wingspan is the only thing that matters and id guess he has an above avg Wingspan for a 6'8" guy. .. Not undersized for ncaa standard at all

ArrowheadHawk
10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Im really excited about Traylor based on what I have seen. Of course it's a limited about but I think that's a fair comparison. Many ppl say hes undersized but that is absolutely untrue. Guy is a spring, long, and athletic. Wingspan is the only thing that matters and id guess he has an above avg Wingspan for a 6'8" guy. .. Not undersized for ncaa standard at all
I'm real excited to see all the new guys this week.

cmh6476
10-28-2012, 04:46 PM
got my tix for tuesday PBJ

Mr. Laz
10-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Kansas Jayhawks ‏@KUAthletics
#kubball Coach Self: Andrew White will be first perimeter guy off the bench, Perry Ellis first in front court.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

RockChalk
10-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Kansas Jayhawks ‏@KUAthletics
#kubball Coach Self: Andrew White will be first perimeter guy off the bench, Perry Ellis first in front court.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

So starters will be: EJ, BMc, Rele, Traylor, and Withey?

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 07:29 AM
It's Game Day!

Ceej
10-30-2012, 07:32 AM
Goodbye depression!!!!

Braincase
10-30-2012, 07:36 AM
I'll be there tonight as well.

DJay23
10-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Thank goodness! After the National Title Game I wanted to go to sleep and wake up today. Can't say I've been asleep that whole time, but damnit it's good to "wake up!"

royr17
10-30-2012, 07:58 AM
will their be a online stream for this game tonite ?

CoMoChief
10-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Tonight will make great TV for me.

Jayhawk bball
Sons of Anarchy
Tosh.O

RockChalk
10-30-2012, 08:16 AM
will their be a online stream for this game tonite ?

Looks like you may be able to watch it via KUAthletics

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/kan-m-baskbl-sched.html

DJay23
10-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Looks like you may be able to watch it via KUAthletics

http://www.kuathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/kan-m-baskbl-sched.html

Don't you need a subscription for that?

CoMoChief
10-30-2012, 08:48 AM

i dont think so

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 08:52 AM

Pretty sure you do. But if it's your only option well worth the $10 buck IMO.

Chief_For_Life58
10-30-2012, 09:11 AM
cant wait to watch me some ku basketball. thats all we kc folks have got in terms of good teams. Gonna be exciting to see who turns into beasts by the tourney this year. Traylor and Ellis are who i'm most excited about in terms of the new guys. Its gonna be another good year for ku basketball! ROCK CHALK MOTHAFOCKA!

RockChalk
10-30-2012, 09:31 AM

Not sure...I've never looked into it because I don't have the need for it. I only know that it's an option for those out-of-town folks

DJay23
10-30-2012, 09:37 AM
I think you do have to subscribe to get that kuathletics stream. I'm sure someone somewhere will post a free stream.

royr17
10-30-2012, 11:53 AM
I think you do have to subscribe to get that kuathletics stream. I'm sure someone somewhere will post a free stream.

oh i hope so, im so ready for it, screw the chiefs lets go rock chalk jayhawk !!!

SuperChief
10-30-2012, 12:15 PM
ESU looking forward to that upset tonight ROFL Hey, an ESU alum can dream, right?

sedated
10-30-2012, 12:52 PM

Iíve heard that the KU stream isnít that great, but Iím guessing you wonít find much else out there and on the positive side it would support your school. They also show some of the KU football games that arenít on TV.

sedated
10-30-2012, 12:54 PM
ESU looking forward to that upset tonight ROFL Hey, an ESU alum can dream, right?

I wouldnít be shocked if it was closer than expected. All the upperclassmen are getting used to new roles and a majority of the team is freshman.

Buehler445
10-30-2012, 01:39 PM
I wouldnít be shocked if it was closer than expected. All the upperclassmen are getting used to new roles and a majority of the team is freshman.

Is Emporia any good in the Maia? They didn't used to be.

DJay23
10-30-2012, 02:29 PM
I’ve heard that the KU stream isn’t that great, but I’m guessing you won’t find much else out there and on the positive side it would support your school. They also show some of the KU football games that aren’t on TV.

I've read that too and ESPN3 is like watching the game through a fishtank and Justintv et al don't always come through.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Lets do this.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Withey sucking.

ElGringo
10-30-2012, 06:20 PM
If still searching for stream, am watching here http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/149910/1/watch-kansas-vs-emporia-state.html

DJay23
10-30-2012, 06:23 PM
If still searching for stream, am watching here http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/149910/1/watch-kansas-vs-emporia-state.html

It's the best I've found too but that's not saying much.

Pablo
10-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Jesus..finally.

Get you shit together guys.

ElGringo
10-30-2012, 06:25 PM
It's the best I've found too but that's not saying much.

Agreed on that, for a free stream to an exhibition game....it's a start.

Pablo
10-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Well, that was a nice little run.

Get that confidence up guys. And fucking DEFEND.

Tharpe is heating up.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Nice to see Naadir getting hot.

Ceej
10-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Rio Adams' barber should be fired.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Nice lookin' half. I would like to see more from Withey. I think when he has off nights we will be just fine with Ellis and Traylor though.

Reerun_KC
10-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Any update? In OKC no radio or TV. ESPN full court doesn't carry exhibition.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Any update? In OKC no radio or TV. ESPN full court doesn't carry exhibition.

http://www2.kusports.com/games/mens-basketball/2012/oct/30/kansas-vs-emporia-state/

ESU 21
Kansas 42

Reerun_KC
10-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks AH.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
That follow by Mclemore was sick!

Ceej
10-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Please tell me someone else notched this....

At the 11:20 mark McLemore makes a free throw.

The camera pans to cheerleaders who do flips after each made FT.

The far right gal hesitates and doesn't do one---- then blatantly mutters "fuck."

ROFL

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 07:37 PM

The far right gal hesitates and doesn't do one---- then blatantly mutters "****."

ROFLDidn't catch it live but I'll rewind after the game.

Ceej
10-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Didn't catch it live but I'll rewind after the game.

I've watched it about four times and I've busted up all four times.

Pablo
10-30-2012, 07:39 PM

The far right gal hesitates and doesn't do one---- then blatantly mutters "fuck."

ROFLYes. It was awesome.

DJay23
10-30-2012, 08:10 PM
My impressions on a meaningless glorified practice:

-Perry Ellis is solid, consistent, and polished. He's not flashy, he's not going to dunk on anyone. But give him a full year with Hudy and with his footwork, smarts, and fundamental base he'll be a stud. His game reminds me on the offensive end of a young Nick Collison.

-Elijah and Releford are going to be the ones to carry us as far as we get. Withey is just not a premier center. He's great if he has a guy demanding all of the attention next to him, and that could become Ellis. But man he is so weak with the ball still, still seems indecisive too. He should have been dominating weaker smaller competition and he just didn't. Defensively he'll get his blocks against aggressive teams and his presence will change the minds of a lot of players coming down the lane. Coaches will have to think about him when they are coaching their guys up on that end. I just don't think we can count on him making a huge impact offensively.

-Rio Adams looks good defensively. He keeps his feet moving, long arms, quick hands, head up, quick and just active. He'll get lost running around screens this year, but I think he looked really good on that end. He seems like he has a little hot dog in him with the ball in his hands, but if Self can break that out of him, I could see Rio getting minutes from Tharpe.

-Once McLemore realizes he is by far the most athletic player on either team 9 times out of 10, and gets aggressive...Wow! Highlight real stuff. If it clicks in for him this year, we won't see him next year.

-I enjoyed looking at the fine coed who was seated in the front row of the student section just to the left of the hoop KU was shooting at in the second half.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2012, 08:12 PM
like the look of Traylor

Demonpenz
10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Whithy looked rusty, McLemore was beastin'

Demonpenz
10-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Went out to the game tonight

DJay23
10-30-2012, 08:16 PM
like the look of Traylor

Yeah what I could see. My feed I watched the game on was choppy and oddly enough it seemed like every time Traylor did something is when the feed froze and then picked back up live so I missed a lot of his points. I did see most of a nice steal and break away. I just hope his athletic ability is not overwhelmed by more experienced talent to the point where he doesn't get a chance. Because I think he can develop into a guy who provides solid minutes in the post.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah what I could see. My feed I watched the game on was choppy and oddly enough it seemed like every time Traylor did something is when the feed froze and then picked back up live so I missed a lot of his points. I did see most of a nice steal and break away. I just hope his athletic ability is not overwhelmed by more experienced talent to the point where he doesn't get a chance. Because I think he can develop into a guy who provides solid minutes in the post.
he looked like a natural player

i expect him to improve pretty quickly.

on the other hand, Withey looked exactly the same as before. :(

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 08:21 PM
This is gonna be a fun year.

Demonpenz
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I didn't see Kevin Young play at all.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 08:23 PM
I didn't see Kevin Young play at all.

Broken bones keep you out of games.

Braincase
10-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Went to the game.

Perry Ellis might be the most silky, smooth player I have ever seen in a Kansas uniform.

McLemore is an incredible athlete. His hang time on one rebound slam could've been measured with a sundial... but it was night time.

Traylor and Lucas came off the bench for Withey and Ellis came off. We'll still have Wesley and Young as well. Damn... the depth on this team is going to be sick.

Anrio Adams is quick, but needs polish.

Andrew White III is solid. solid. solid.

KU will not be waiting another four years to get back to the Final Four.

CoMoChief
10-30-2012, 08:41 PM
If this team is going to be elite, Withey MUST improve his offensive game and get stronger down low. I know that's not really whats required of him...but he also doesn't have TRob playing with him in the paint for everyone to focus on.

only one game...1st exhibition.....theres a lot to like about this team. Like no more slow ass Conner Teahen. Much MUCH more skilled out on the perimeter.

Mr. Laz
10-30-2012, 08:44 PM
KUsports.com ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s>KUsports (https://twitter.com/KUsports)
Elijah Johnson was "substantially" late to a class today, according to Self. That's why he didn't start.
Collapse (https://twitter.com/KUsports/status/263465819546193920)

Reply (https://twitter.com/#)
Retweet (https://twitter.com/#)
Favorite (https://twitter.com/#)

Silock
10-30-2012, 08:51 PM

ROFL

Ha! Yeah, we watched it a few times. Hilarious!

Chief_For_Life58
10-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Went to the game.

Perry Ellis might be the most silky, smooth player I have ever seen in a Kansas uniform.

McLemore is an incredible athlete. His hang time on one rebound slam could've been measured with a sundial... but it was night time.

Traylor and Lucas came off the bench for Withey and Ellis came off. We'll still have Wesley and Young as well. Damn... the depth on this team is going to be sick.

damn thats sweet. tell me more. Im really excited about ellis and traylor. mclemore too. damn ku is gonna be exciting

Ceej
10-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Ha! Yeah, we watched it a few times. Hilarious!

She said it so emphatically too. Like, her scholarship was on the line or something.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Fuck. I missed that game and the slighted cheerleader!

Anyone of a clip?

KC_Connection
10-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Withey is just not a premier center. He's great if he has a guy demanding all of the attention next to him, and that could become Ellis. But man he is so weak with the ball still, still seems indecisive too. He should have been dominating weaker smaller competition and he just didn't. Defensively he'll get his blocks against aggressive teams and his presence will change the minds of a lot of players coming down the lane. Coaches will have to think about him when they are coaching their guys up on that end. I just don't think we can count on him making a huge impact offensively.

While I agree to an extent, Withey plays his best when he gets emotional and jacked up for big games. It's tough to say what he's capable of after a meaningless game in which he clearly wasn't exerting a full effort or even trying to do much offensively. I think getting Cole Aldrich-level offensive production out of him is a fair expectation.

teedubya
10-30-2012, 09:36 PM
RCJH.

So stoked it's basketball season, where I can watch one of the teams that I love... actually win some ****ing games and have a meaningful season.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1xRaE-_-zt8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 09:40 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L3sKwVVXS5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ceej
10-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Rio's hair do is going to annoy the shit out of me.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Rio's hair do is going to annoy the shit out of me.

It could be worse.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_X-eIzKHyJGs/SNzRtLUT2pI/AAAAAAAAACw/5bCw0F3_CpU/s400/westbrook-flaming-mohawk.jpg

Braincase
10-31-2012, 08:51 AM
damn thats sweet. tell me more. Im really excited about ellis and traylor. mclemore too. damn ku is gonna be exciting

When they say that Traylor resembles T-Rob, as in playing style, they are not exaggerating. He had a put-back dunk that bumped a seismometer in Lindley Hall.

Lzen
10-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Iíve heard that the KU stream isnít that great, but Iím guessing you wonít find much else out there and on the positive side it would support your school. They also show some of the KU football games that arenít on TV.

Yeah, that's nice for football. But this year I think every game has been on TV.

Lzen
10-31-2012, 10:31 AM
I've read that too and ESPN3 is like watching the game through a fishtank and Justintv et al don't always come through.

Oh yeah, I forgot there was one KU football game that was on ESPN3 (N. Illinois). That stream sucked.

Lzen
10-31-2012, 10:47 AM
When they say that Traylor resembles T-Rob, as in playing style, they are not exaggerating. He had a put-back dunk that bumped a seismometer in Lindley Hall.

I agree. I didn't expect a whole lot from him, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can definitely see him contributing this year.

Braincase
10-31-2012, 01:41 PM
A side note, the USAToday poll has KU's women ranked at #25.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-31-2012, 01:43 PM
A side note, the USAToday poll has KU's women ranked at #25.

Girls? Playing sports? Who knew?

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Went to the game.

Thanks. I was just about to ask how the freshmen looked.

Glad to have the Jayhawks back!

ArrowheadHawk
10-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Can we have another please. I hate waiting a week for another game.

Braincase
11-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Can we have another please. I hate waiting a week for another game.

Understood. Lucked out and an old friend from High School is sending me her tix for next Monday night's game. All I had to do was arrange for a tour of KU's Engineering Department for her kid with my wife. Winning!

Braincase
11-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Girls? Playing sports? Who knew?

There are at least three good reasons to pay attention to KU Women's Basketball in the coming years... check the recruiting, dude!

chiefsfan987
11-01-2012, 04:42 PM
There are at least three good reasons to pay attention to KU Women's Basketball in the coming years... check the recruiting, dude!

Saw that. :thumb:

Speaking of women's sports the volleyball team is doing really well too. They're ranked #20 with an rpi of #10 and are having their best season ever.

Braincase
11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Saw that. :thumb:

Speaking of women's sports the volleyball team is doing really well too. They're ranked #20 with an rpi of #10 and are having their best season ever.

They just dropped to Texas Tech in the Big 12 Tourney, so now they have to wait on the NCAA's. That said, easily the program's best showing since 2003.

chiefsfan987
11-01-2012, 10:40 PM
They just dropped to Texas Tech in the Big 12 Tourney, so now they have to wait on the NCAA's. That said, easily the program's best showing since 2003.

That was the soccer team that just lost in the Big 12 tourney. They're not making the NCAA's. They were only two games over .500 on the season, losing conference record, rpi of around 75. They're not getting in. The volleyball season however is still going on and will make the NCAA tourney even if they crash and burn the final 6 games.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-03-2012, 12:54 AM
<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=366&embedCode=doOG42NjrjbCvrIh1kmjkUAuKFG-GZle&video_pcode=01cmg6XlatzWlXMTh6vW4VF_pukW&width=650&deepLinkEmbedCode=doOG42NjrjbCvrIh1kmjkUAuKFG-GZle"></script>

After one view, Kansas no doubt better than predicted
Published 12 hours and 25 minutes ago Last updated 10 hours and 52 minutes ago
Mike DeCourcy Sporting News

LAWRENCE, Kan.—For anyone who makes predictions about sports and publishes them for public discussion, there are going to be moments when it becomes clear a prognostication is just flat wrong. Usually, that occurs after some games have been played but it turns out that is not a prerequisite.

I had been experiencing some second thoughts lately about Sporting News' decision to place Kansas as our No. 12 team ahead of the 2012-13 college basketball season, in part because it's quite obvious we did not factor in our own belief the Jayhawks lack a serious challenger for a ninth consecutive Big 12 championship. After all, we have no other team from the conference in our top 25.

After watching the Jayhawks practice Thursday along with Jay Bilas and Fran Fraschilla of ESPN and Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star, it's apparent that there's more to it.

KU is very good.

The Jayhawks have an abundance of players who can score and will develop into another of coach Bill Self's typically stingy defensive teams. It is not likely to be a No. 1 seed, though that's not impossible, but Kansas will be a fixture in the top 10.

I told those in attendance at "A Courtside View," a panel discussion Thursday night arranged by Self as a fundraiser for his foundation, that the practice convinced me that was our first error of the year. I told them we're already 0-for-1 on our picks, that the Jayhawks are better than what we've suggested.

That opinion was endorsed by each of the other panel members, save for Self, who insisted, "I don't think we're all that good."

He is viewing the Jayhawks as they are, which is his job.

Ours is to see them as they will be in March.

We missed on that. Only by a little, but a miss nonetheless.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-11-02/after-one-view-kansas-no-doubt-better-than-predicted

CoMoChief
11-03-2012, 07:39 AM
It's a much more fun game to watch when you have tons of athleticism on the outside. Last season KU didn't have much of that.

Can't even imagine how good this team would be had TRob stayed another season

Braincase
11-03-2012, 08:12 AM
That was the soccer team that just lost in the Big 12 tourney. They're not making the NCAA's. They were only two games over .500 on the season, losing conference record, rpi of around 75. They're not getting in. The volleyball season however is still going on and will make the NCAA tourney even if they crash and burn the final 6 games.

You're right, my mistake. I was drawing from memory, didn't take time to look it up.

HolyHandgernade
11-03-2012, 08:40 PM
KU Basketball, my last emotional tether to being a sports fan. Thank you Bill Self, thank you Jayhawks!

AussieChiefsFan
11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Decent drive but, a bit late.

Lzen
11-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Decent drive but, a bit late.

Uhhhhh......what?

AussieChiefsFan
11-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Uhhhhh......what?For the USC vs Oregon game

Lzen
11-03-2012, 09:46 PM
For the USC vs Oregon game

And that has what, exactly, to do with KU basketball? :spock:

Buehler445
11-03-2012, 09:59 PM
It's a much more fun game to watch when you have tons of athleticism on the outside. Last season KU didn't have much of that.

Can't even imagine how good this team would be had TRob stayed another season

TT and EJ on the outside is pretty sick. Teahan was slow, but TT and EJ is some serious horsepower.

I'm super excited about this year and the new talent, but I think we're going to find out how valuable TT was to the team.

EJ is good, but he's an entirely different player. It takes a LOT of talent to overcome the ability to blow by anyone anytime we needed.

TRob was huge too, but I think that production will be easier to replace.

But yeah. After the abortion that is the Chiefs, the hawks are a welcome reprieve.

AussieChiefsFan
11-03-2012, 10:01 PM
And that has what, exactly, to do with KU basketball? :spock:wrong thread. Sorry.

Braincase
11-04-2012, 07:05 AM
wrong thread. Sorry.

No worries. Where you're at, it's already Monday... which means KU has a basketball game!

Ceej
11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
4 hours, 8 minutes.

Woo.

This KU game will help me get over the ass pounding I took in fantasy football this week.

ArrowheadHawk
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Exhibition 2 about to start.

Ceej
11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm digging the blue shoes.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah...I like the red unis with blue shoes.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 06:09 PM
So refreshing watching KU basketball. :-)

ArrowheadHawk
11-05-2012, 06:11 PM
I like the red unis at home.

ArrowheadHawk
11-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Why do they always start slow in these games?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Why do they always start slow in these games?

Meh...it's nothing uncommon. It's all part of winning our 9th straight BIGXII title. :)

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Perry Ellis looks awesome!

the Talking Can
11-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Ellis is smooth

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Perry Ellis is looooooooooong.

ArrowheadHawk
11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Ellis may only be here one year.

KILLER_CLOWN
Perry Ellis looks awesome!

Yup

ArrowheadHawk
So do you think Ellis may get the start on Friday?

chiefsfan987
11-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Ellis looks really really good

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 06:27 PM

If awesomeness is any kind of indicator, Yes.

Buehler445
11-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Is this on TV anywhere?

NM Found it.

Buehler445
11-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Damn y'all aren't kidding. Ellis looks good.

the Talking Can
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM

depends..self likes to fuck with people

he's probably trying to fire him up a bit

the Talking Can
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/151292/2/watch-kansas-vs-washburn.html

Buehler445
11-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Washburn is pretty good. They've got some real (MIAA) talent. But I think they're mostly upperclassmen and pretty smart.

ArrowheadHawk
11-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Washburn is pretty good. They've got some real (MIAA) talent. But I think they're mostly upperclassmen and pretty smart.I may have to go out and catch one of their home games.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Ellis may only be here one year.

We might as well go ahead and win it all while we have him then.

ArrowheadHawk
11-05-2012, 06:35 PM
McLemore is pretty good also.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Mclemore heating up.

the Talking Can
11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
when it all clicks for mclemore, he is going to be a freak....Rush II

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 06:36 PM
We might as well go ahead and win it all while we have him then.

That's the plan stan.

Ceej
11-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I get the feeling Ellis will be at KU for at least two years.

Shogun
11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
another

KILLER_CLOWN
Mclemore heating up.

Now twice as hot!

ArrowheadHawk
McLemore can't let Ellis be the star. I love it.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Mclemore has better handles than Brush, but still needs some work.

Pablo
11-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Ben is so smooth it's frightening.

Shogun
rooks carrying

Ceej
So, when KY gets back...that means no more JW right?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
So, when KY gets back...that means no more JW right?

Possibly, but Self prefers experience.

Shogun
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
anrio cut his hair. good

Ceej
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Adams got his haircut.

Praise Jesus.

CoMoChief
11-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Dont worry......CoMo is here.

This is where they start to dominate!

Get ready for the Traylor show in the 2nd half.

CoMoChief
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V8rZWw9HE7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chiefsfan987
11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
WTH Withey? He can't hold on to anything tonight.

CoMoChief
11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PPKsx4_dXAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 06:56 PM
This team is going to be ridiculous as the season goes on...

ArrowheadHawk
11-05-2012, 07:00 PM
This team is going to be ridiculous as the season goes on...

I sure hope so.

Shogun
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
wtf withey, what makes you think you can spot up jump

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Random question: Are Selby or Xavier still in the NBA?

Shogun
11-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Random question: Are Selby or Xavier still in the NBA?

both

selby is supposed to play a lot bigger role with the grizz and xavier is a solid bench player

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 07:20 PM
both

selby is supposed to play a lot bigger role with the grizz and xavier is a solid bench player

Cool.

Just hadn't heard much about them since they left and they were suppose to be big deals...

Shogun
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Cool.

Just hadn't heard much about them since they left and they were suppose to be big deals...

selby tore up summer league

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM
selby tore up summer league

Is that like Baldwin tearing up training camp?

Shogun
11-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Is that like Baldwin tearing up training camp?

still remains to be seen but its a little more exciting than that, he was named co-mvp of summer league with damien lillard who is a complete stud

chiefsfan987
11-05-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm kind of impressed with Washburn...

Mr_Tomahawk
11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
They aren't a bad team.

This is their Super Bowl.

chiefsfan987
11-05-2012, 08:04 PM
They aren't a bad team.

This is their Super Bowl.

Think they could beat Tech or TCU? because I don't think Tech would beat them if they were playing them tonight.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Wow, what a pass by McLemore

Buehler445
11-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Think they could beat Tech or TCU? because I don't think Tech would beat them if they were playing them tonight.

They could compete. Not sure they'd win 10 out of 10, but they'd compete.

In other news, I think a lot of teams are going to try to come in and slog it up.... Boo Big 10 ball.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Ugly ass 2nd half, but at least we won't be suffering from overconfidence.

Mr. Laz
11-05-2012, 08:17 PM
They could compete. Not sure they'd win 10 out of 10, but they'd compete.

In other news, I think a lot of teams are going to try to come in and slog it up.... Boo Big 10 ball.
umm ... isn't that was Bill Self plays?

Buehler445
11-05-2012, 08:19 PM

No. He tries to run almost every play and moves the ball constantly.

If you think that focusing on big men is Big 10 ball, you need to watch a Big 10 game. Michigan, Michigan State (sometimes), and OSU when they have talent, not withstanding.

Buehler445
11-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Oh. And Self doesn't have his player hack the fuck out of everybody and prevent any offensive movement.

Bearcat
11-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Mid season form. LMAO

Mr. Plow
11-05-2012, 08:27 PM

Not until after he destroys all outside ability from our guards.

DeezNutz
11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Surprisingly even-keeled group for a night when the MIAA competes, despite horrendous shooting.

Ceej
11-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Surprisingly even-keeled group for a night when the MIAA competes, despite horrendous shooting.

Shrug.

It's preseason.

And there are a bunch of new faces.

Bill really enjoys recruiting balding guys or ones with receding hair lines.

DeezNutz
11-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Perhaps most KU fans have come to the realization that Bill Self coached teams are generally going to be just fine come spring.

Ceej
11-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Perhaps most KU fans have come to the realization that Bill Self coached teams are generally going to be just fine come spring.

Bingo.

Bearcat
11-05-2012, 08:35 PM

We've matured... well, I'm sure there's some crazy at the slant... :shrug:

Lzen
11-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Not until after he destroys all outside ability from our guards.

ROFL

Bearcat
11-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Exactly.

Mr_Tomahawk

Tonight's game is nothing out of the norm.

Bill plays with the lineups and works on set plays. The D2 schools play on the biggest stage they will the whole season. Pretty typical game.

Mr. Plow

Yup. I used to worry every damn season until it sunk in.....Self builds the team to peak in Jan/Feb/Mar instead of Nov/Dec. It generally takes that long for all the new guys to finally realize they are going to have to fully commit to defense if they want to play.

Ceej
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Yup. I used to worry every damn season until it sunk in.....Self builds the team to peak in Jan/Feb/Mar instead of Nov/Dec. It generally takes that long for all the new guys to finally realize they are going to have to fully commit to defense if they want to play.

So what you're trying to say is Bill Self recruited you too?

LMAO

Lzen

In Bill we trust. Lots of new faces and even old faces with new roles/expectations. This team probably won't resemble anything like a well oiled machine until at least January. Washburn has been a very good D2 program for a long, long time. They start 4 seniors and 1 junior. KU turned it over a lot and missed many shots (including FTs). All of those factors kept this from being a blowout. I'm not too worried.

Mr. Plow
So what you're trying to say is Bill Self recruited you too?

LMAO

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND PAY ME MY MONEY! :p

Ceej
11-05-2012, 08:40 PM
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND PAY ME MY MONEY! :p

Quit offering me your e-tongue, queer.

KC_Connection
11-05-2012, 08:42 PM
That was horrible. One of the worst KU games I've ever been to. Good thing it didn't mean anything right now (although they might want to gain some discipline by next week).

Ceej
11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
That was horrible. One of the worst KU games I've ever been to. Good thing it didn't mean anything right now (although they might want to gain some discipline by next week).

First game is Friday.

Heard the color guys tonight mention SEMO had a couple of all conference players.

KC_Connection
11-05-2012, 08:45 PM
First game is Friday.

Heard the color guys tonight mention SEMO had a couple of all conference players.
But MSU is next week, that's the first game that they'll actually have to really give a full effort to win.

Ceej
11-05-2012, 08:46 PM
But MSU is next week, that's the first game that they'll actually have to really give a full effort to win.

Well, sure.

But discipline regardless of the competition is a big component.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-05-2012, 08:47 PM

How has MSU looked thus far? I doubt they're in March form.

Braincase
11-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Tonight was nothing more than a scrimmage for KU, and it was Washburn's chance for some spotlight time. Yeah, KU looked a little rough, not as good as they did last week. I fully expect Bill will run their asses of before Friday night.

Ceej
11-05-2012, 08:54 PM

Holler at lewdog.

He's good people.

BWillie
11-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Honestly this gm does not bother me and I dont know why. They have the tools and will be fine. I dont quite understand all the ppl freaking out about withey on the other boards. He looks like last year. Good on D...limited on O. Didnt quite understand why ppl thought hed score more than 11 or 12 a gm

KC_Connection
11-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Of course not. But I can guarantee you that their talent level isn't low enough that KU can just lollygag around and expect to win that game.

KC_Connection
11-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Honestly this gm does not bother me and I dont know why. They have the tools and will be fine. I dont quite understand all the ppl freaking out about withey on the other boards. He looks like last year. Good on D...limited on O. Didnt quite understand why ppl thought hed score more than 11 or 12 a gm
Withey hasn't even tried yet outside of a few minutes here and there. Not much to judge him on. But I agree...he's not some kind of gifted scorer type.

Demonpenz
11-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah just a game. Washburn had a nasty dude in the middle that was scoring on Whitey. I want to see Washburn in MIAA. They were good.

Buehler445
11-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah just a game. Washburn had a nasty dude in the middle that was scoring on Whitey. I want to see Washburn in MIAA. They were good.

They've been pretty solid I think in the early 2000s they won the national championship. Them and ESU had a nice rivalry for a few years while I was there. I'd suggest catching that game. ESU looked improved.

Saul Good
11-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Tonight's game is nothing out of the norm.

Bill plays with the lineups and works on set plays. The D2 schools play on the biggest stage they will the whole season. Pretty typical game.

This is true of all D-2 schools...and they generally get hammered anyway.

Didn't Syracuse lose to one last year, though?

Saul Good
11-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Withey hasn't even tried yet outside of a few minutes here and there. Not much to judge him on. But I agree...he's not some kind of gifted scorer type.

I still say he should have entered the draft. His stock is never going to be higher than it was at the end of last season.

Saulbadguy
11-06-2012, 06:07 AM
They've been pretty solid I think in the early 2000s they won the national championship. Them and ESU had a nice rivalry for a few years while I was there. I'd suggest catching that game. ESU looked improved.

They made it to the title game, but lost.

They won the NAIA championship in the 80's.

Lzen
11-06-2012, 07:59 AM
They made it to the title game, but lost.

They won the NAIA championship in the 80's.

Yup. I wonder if he's thinking of the Washburn women's team. They won the title just a few years ago.

Saulbadguy
11-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Yup. I wonder if he's thinking of the Washburn women's team. They won the title just a few years ago.

2005. They've been very strong the past decade. They are highly ranked again this year.

Buehler445
11-06-2012, 10:10 AM
My memory is getting old and full of other shit. Sorry.

My dad's favorite saying is that I've got a quart sized brain and trying to fit a gallon in. That's probably more accurate than inaccurate.

But Washburn is pretty decent in the MIAA. And they had a good rivalry with ESU when I attended ESU. For awhile after I left I think the ESU women could have beaten the men.