PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ***Official Pioli Media Tour Thread***

Pages : [1] 2

Micjones
10-17-2012, 08:05 AM
Pioli's slated for interviews today with both the Star and 610 Sports.

The Star interview is around Noon.
He'll talk with "The Big Show" sometime after 3.

Thoughts on what we'll get from him?
Will the KC media hold his feet to the fire?

Most of us will be at work and won't have access to the live interviews.
Post the gems in this thread, please.

KCUnited
10-17-2012, 08:08 AM
A lot of "I'm not going to get into that..." when it comes to the banner and his contract talks.

malachi47000
10-17-2012, 08:16 AM
You know that everyone of the interviewers were given questions they weren't allowed to ask in return for having him speak on their show. Anything that comes close he will dodge. I would be surprised if any of these interviews offer any kind of information that we don't know already.

Fish
10-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Any idea what times?

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 08:18 AM
If you got only 1 question to ask Scott Pioli today in these interviews, what would it be?

Here is mine:
When you watch Matt Cassel play quarterback and see his lack of pocket awareness, his lack of calm/leadership, and his inability to go through WR progressions... how can you justify attaching your reputation to a player that does not have anywhere NEAR the skillset to compete in the quarterback race that has developed to be the standard in todays NFL?

I REALLY want to know HOW Scott Pioli doesn't watch and see how terrible Cassel is at QB.

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 08:24 AM
If you got only 1 question to ask Scott Pioli today in these interviews, what would it be?

Here is mine:
When you watch Matt Cassel play quarterback and see his lack of pocket awareness, his lack of calm/leadership, and his inability to go through WR progressions... how can you justify attaching your reputation to a player that does not have anywhere NEAR the skillset to compete in the quarterback race that has developed to be the standard in todays NFL?

I REALLY want to know HOW Scott Pioli doesn't watch and see how terrible Cassel is at QB.

That is pretty much it, Matt Cassel, as almost everything else but the hiring of RAC as head coach is collateral damage.

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 08:26 AM
So Scott, after RAC failing miserably as a head coach in Cleveland, what made you think he would be successful in KC being a HC and a DC at the same time?

tooge
10-17-2012, 08:30 AM
does it bother you that people are finally realizing that Tom Brady made the patriot way and you are being called a fraud?

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 08:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/epLMf.gif

Lprechaun
10-17-2012, 08:32 AM
I would ask what airline he likes best and then pick Jet Blue and tell him to just get on the plane and never come back. Interview over. The fans would go nuts and it would be viral. I dont care anymore what he thinks about Cassel, Crennel, this organization or the Patriot way.

Coogs
10-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Scott, after 4 years on the job, the best players on this team are still leftovers from the Peterson Era. Charles, Bowe, Albert, Flowers, Johnson, and Hali. Why is that?

Discuss Thrower
10-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Official Scott Pioli media tour AKA The Kansas City Press Association Softball Tournament.

Micjones
10-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Scott, after 4 years on the job, the best players on this team are still leftovers from the Peterson Era. Charles, Bowe, Albert, Flowers, Johnson, and Hali. Why is that?

That's not entirely true, but I would say the majority of the team's best players are from the previous regime.

Messier
10-17-2012, 08:37 AM
He'll be on with Petro too.

Coogs
10-17-2012, 08:37 AM
That's not entirely true, but I would say the majority of the team's best players are from the previous regime.

Houston and Berry show promise... but they are not better than the six listed yet.

Coogs
10-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Scott, Eric Winston blasted our entire fan base, yet you chose to remain silent about the whole situation. Why is that?

MotherfuckerJones
10-17-2012, 08:40 AM
I would say: Pioli you mother****er one who sucks the penis, go the **** back where you came from! :)

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Scott, if you had a mulligan and could do anything different, what would it be?
Feel free to pick from the list below
1) Not act like an arrogant prick at the first media gathering
2) Not trade a top of the second round pick for a QB that couldn't even start in College and give him $60 million
3) Not draft Tyson Jackson #3 overall
4) Not micromanage and destroy your hand picked young HC
5) Not take the lazy way out and hire RAC when had proven to be a failure at HC already.
6) Not let Brandon Carr go Dallas
7) Not draft a kick returner with the 2nd round pick you got for Tony G
8) Not draft a gadget midget back Dexter McCluster when true impact players were available at that pick.
9) others not listed

MotherfuckerJones
10-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Scott, if you had a mulligan and could do anything different, what would it be?
Feel free to pick from the list below
1) Not act like an arrogant prick at the first media gathering
2) Not trade a top of the second round pick for a QB that couldn't even start in College and give him $60 million
3) Not draft Tyson Jackson #3 overall
4) Not micromanage and destroy your hand picked young HC
5) Not take the lazy way out and hire RAC when had proven to be a failure at HC already.
6) Not let Brandon Carr go Dallas
7) Not draft a kick returner with the 2nd round pick you got for Tony G
8) Not draft a gadget midget back Dexter McCluster when true impact players were available at that pick.
9) others not listed

ROFL

memyselfI
10-17-2012, 08:45 AM
When can we expect your departure?

BigCatDaddy
10-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Are we better off now then we were 4 years ago?

Micjones
10-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Houston and Berry show promise... but they are not better than the six listed yet.

Houston certainly looks like a better all around linebacker than Hali (at least right now).

I also think whether or not they're better misses the point.

The real question should be has Pioli added significant talent to the roster?
A. Yes. Pioli's draft picks are all considerably younger players. It's not unreasonable that veteran players, in their prime, are better than rookies, two-year and three-year guys.

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 08:50 AM
I would condescendingly ask, "Are we going through a process here? Do we have to be more consistant? What is your favorite KC BBQ place?"

Then when he answered I would cut him off mid-sentence and say, "Fuck you. You haven't earned the right to talk about our BBQ."

Micjones
10-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Are we better off now then we were 4 years ago?

Depends on what you mean by "better off".
Overall? No.

Roster-wise? No question.
That obviously isn't paying off on the field, but there are other variables to consider (coaching, philosophy, execution, etc.)

Ghost of Maslowski
10-17-2012, 09:00 AM

Which of your mistakes as Chiefs GM do you regret the most?

BigCatDaddy
His taped interview with Petro is running at 10:15

Count Zarth
It's a god damn taped interview.

That coward.

Coogs
10-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Houston certainly looks like a better all around linebacker than Hali (at least right now).

I also think whether or not they're better misses the point.

The real question should be has Pioli added significant talent to the roster?
A. Yes. Pioli's draft picks are all considerably younger players. It's not unreasonable that veteran players, in their prime, are better than rookies, two-year and three-year guys.

Nah! I want to get his dander up by suggesting Peterson's players have made a far better impact. He has brought in vets in their so called prime. Hell Winston for Richardson doesn't look like that big of a deal. Breaston is on the bench. Hillis, :shrug: . Siler, meh! Cassel... ROFL. Should I go on? Routt?

Dave Lane
10-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Scott, Eric Winston blasted our entire fan base, yet you chose to remain silent about the whole situation. Why is that?

That is absolutely the smallest of his sins.

Fish
10-17-2012, 09:04 AM

Thank you.

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 09:05 AM

ughhh taped interview..... :mad:

Coogs
10-17-2012, 09:07 AM
That is absolutely the smallest of his sins.

Possibly. I still would like to know why he didn't come out in support of our fan base as a whole.

MotherfuckerJones
10-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Taped interview?? That makes me feel better. This asshole is gone any day now.

the Talking Can
10-17-2012, 09:09 AM
interview coming up in the 'next segment' on 810

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Link please?

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 09:11 AM
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/affPopup?s=whb-am

BoneKrusher
my question would be:
what were your thoughts when you saw the flyover?

Pestilence
http://www.610sports.com/

Pestilence
If it's a taped interview.....then I think that leans more towards the side of him being let go. Maybe not this week....but definitely this year.

Micjones
10-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Nah! I want to get his dander up by suggesting Peterson's players have made a far better impact. He has brought in vets in their so called prime. Hell Winston for Richardson doesn't look like that big of a deal. Breaston is on the bench. Hillis, :shrug: . Siler, meh! Cassel... ROFL. Should I go on? Routt?

The Hillis injury is some fault of the GM?

Winston's had some struggles, but he's still a very good Right Tackle. I think we should wait until the year is up to re-evalutate the 2012 FA's.

Breaston turned in a productive first season as a Chief. It's not his fault that they want Baldwin to replace him. I won't hang that on Pioli either.

There are certainly a group of FA's he can be criticized for. I think at worst, his FA signings are a mixed bag.

The fact that the aforementioned vets are represent the cream of this team's crop is better understood when we realize they're older players in their primes. The young players, even the best ones (Houston and Berry), aren't there yet. It's not surprising that they're still the dominant group 4 years into Pioli's administration.

I think you'd be remiss not to notice some really talented and productive guys that Pioli has brought in. That's what I'm looking at. And again, from a roster standpoint, this team is light years ahead of where they were in 2008.

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Shutup and play the interview Petro!!!! lol

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Petro asked some tuff questions.

Red Beans
10-17-2012, 09:15 AM
He's totally going to say something about restaurants being far better in New England than KC.

"You can't get a decent cup of chowder, or a lobster in this godforsaken city!"

That will signal the true end of his reign. The dominoes will officially begin to fall...

Mr_Tomahawk
10-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Why do people think a taped interview means he is out the door?

Radio stations tape interviews all the time.

Coogs
10-17-2012, 09:16 AM

Winston's had some struggles, but he's still a very good Right Tackle. I think we should wait until the year is up to re-evalutate the 2012 FA's.

Breaston turned in a productive first season as a Chief. It's not his fault that they want Baldwin to replace him. I won't hang that on Pioli either.

There are certainly a group of FA's he can be criticized over though.

The fact that these vets are represent the cream of this team's crop is better understood when we realize they're older players in their primes. The young players, even the best ones (Houston and Berry), aren't there yet.

I think you'd be remiss not to notice some really talented and productive guys that Pioli has brought in.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I see a shitty team.

Brock
10-17-2012, 09:17 AM

Signing the quitter in the first place was.

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 09:17 AM

I don't think he will be out the door at all.

I just prefer live interviews (like the one Kietzman did).... that got Pioli's feathers completely ruffled.

Coogs
10-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Signing the quitter in the first place was.

:thumb:

Pestilence
Interview was from Pioli's office.

HemiEd
Taped interview?? That makes me feel better. This asshole is gone any day now.

Its a process

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 09:19 AM
He's not going anywhere anytime soon folks. He is in absolute control.

Micjones
10-17-2012, 09:20 AM
We are going to have to agree to disagree. I see a shitty team.

As do I. I just think there's more to being a good football team than the roster. You can have a vastly improved roster and still stink.
Especially when you haven't made good decisions at key spots like QB and HC.
And yes, Pioli's at fault for that.

Agent V
10-17-2012, 09:21 AM
He's totally going to say something about restaurants being far better in New England than KC.

"You can't get a decent cup of chowder, or a lobster in this godforsaken city!"

Fuck him! We have at least two Red Lobsters!

Ghost of Maslowski
10-17-2012, 09:21 AM
He's not going anywhere anytime soon folks. He is in absolute control.

He is only in control for as long as Clark or the fans will allow it.

Micjones
10-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Can someone make this available in mp3 form when it's over?

Pestilence
Pioli is hanging in there.....could be better.

Molitoth
HERE IT COMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Can someone make this available in mp3 form when it's over?

:rockon:

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Questioned him about contract status.

Pioli: Clark said that we don't discuss contracts of employees.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Is not discussing his contract. LMAO

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Pioli: People should come to me, I'm the leader of this team. People are upset and they should come to me about it. blah blah

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Pioli: The buck stops with me.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Romeo is fine as HC and DC. LMAO

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Pioli: The buck stops with me, of course the fans want to know about my contract situation, but organization philosophy that we don't discuss contracts for anyone.

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Pioli: I'm as confident in Romeo today as I was when I hired him.:spock:

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Asked about RAC about having to much on his plate.

Pioli: I'm as confident of Romeo today as I was when I first hired him. Most teams who have head coaches that came from being a coordinator.....the head coach still handles that side of the ball.

Most head coaches don't suck at it, Scott.

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Pioli: behind the scenes we have a very good staff, Emmitt Thomas, Gibbs, etc....
The staff shares the job of the DC.... it's not wearing on Romeo.

BigCatDaddy
"It's the timing of the turnovers" :facepalm:

Count Zarth
Pioli basically just said expectations for this team were too high.

Cocksucker.

Micjones
10-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Pioli: The buck stops with me.

How raw would it be for Clark to allow Pioli to publicly take the hit for this mess, then walk his ass tomorrow?
ROFL

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:29 AM
What's gone wrong? Besides turnovers.

Pioli: On paper, we look like a very good football team. Sloppy play and turnovers. There are a few things that we've done well but there are more things that we've done not well. Timing of the penalties and turnovers have hurt us. End of the day, it all comes back to me. I'm the one who brings in the players and the coaches.

soopamanluva
10-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Atleast dude is taking responsibility for this mess...

BigCatDaddy
Petro comparing Rodgers getting grief to Cassell getting grief.

Molitoth
Pioli: a long list of things that we have to get corrected. this team could look great on paper, but they still have to play on Sunday. Really bad football, but at the end of the day it comes back to me because I'm bringing the players in. I have to get better at doing my job before the players do better at their job.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:31 AM

No he's not....he's stating the obvious.

BigCatDaddy
Denies saying who will be playing/starting including QB.

Molitoth
Pioli: I WILL GET THIS CORRECTED.

Brock

To take responsibility for this mess would be to admit you can't really do the job and resign.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 09:32 AM
Pioli: I do not decide the starting QB, or any other starter.

Whatever, you fat liar.

Micjones
What's gone wrong? Besides turnovers.

Pioli: On paper, we look like a very good football team. Sloppy play and turnovers. There are a few things that we've done well but there are more things that we've done not well. Timing of the penalties and turnovers have hurt us. End of the day, it all comes back to me. I'm the one who brings in the players and the coaches.

I feel the same way. This team is beating itself too often.
I'd love to see what this team could do sans the mistakes.
We probably wouldn't be a contender, but I think we'd be better.

At the end of the day though, that falls on the head coach. This team is undisciplined. And we all know who handpicked Crennel.

Pestilence
On the QB position and Matt Cassel.

Pioli: I understand lines being connected between Cassel and myself. In my 4 years, I've never made a decision on being inactive, getting playing time or who is the starting QB. That's not my job.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:33 AM
The bullshit is thick in his office.

BigCatDaddy

Pioli: I understand lines being connected between Cassel and myself. In my 4 years, I've never made a decision on being inactive, getting playing time or who is the starting QB. That's not my job.

And that's when I realize the interview is pointless. Lying sack of shit!

Count Zarth
Said the coach decides who plays, who starts, how much PT players get.

Liar liar, pants on fire.

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Pioli: it's not my job to decide who plays QB, or any position on this team. That is the head coaches job.

Pestilence
The roster is put together with his final say so.

AndChiefs

Maybe if you provided an actual alternative Cassel wouldn't start.

ChiefMojo
You didn't have to you fat f**k because YOU didn't bring in anyone to challenge him!!!!! JFC your a piece of sh*t Pioli!!!!!

acasas4
Maybe if you provided an actual alternative Cassel wouldn't start.
This.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 09:35 AM
I hate this cocksucker's interview voice. Makes him sound like a nice person. He's not.

InChiefsHell
It's ridiculous to think that Pioli doesn't have a hand in the QB situation...Haley never seemed enthusiastic and Crenell is just playing the guy...look at the performance and tell me the Coaches have all be OK with Cassel. If so, you have hired some stupid stupid coaches...

Molitoth
Your guys radio feeds are like a minute or two ahead of me, gonna stop with my updates.

Pestilence
Pioli's deathshot is that he admits to hiring the coaches and putting the roster together. Guess what fat shit......they all suck.

Micjones
10-17-2012, 09:37 AM

He just threw Crennel under the bus.

Which is funny because in yesterday's presser Crennel seemed to throw a dig at Pioli. Crennel was asked about Pioli's contract situation and he said, "The only contract I'm worried about is mine." That seemed like a super odd way to answer such a question. He could've just said, "No comment." It was almost like he was saying he didn't care if Pioli's job was on the line.

Count Zarth
Why don't you draft 1st round QBs: Because all the ones we could have picked sucked.

Ignorant dipshit.

Pestilence
On drafting a QB.

Pioli: Drafting a QB in the 1st round is all about opportunity. The top QBs picked after we've had picks....he's not sure that they've performed or are playing well.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Is the QB position more important than it's ever been?

Pioli: Getting a QB and building the right team.

:facepalm: This fucker DOES NOT get it.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Four last questions coming up.

htismaqe

Why do people think him doing all these interviews means he is staying?

He is doing interviews because the team is in turmoil, and it is public.

You can't infer anything about his job status, good or bad, from this.

Count Zarth
Scott trying to be friends with Petro. No one wants to be your friend, loser.

Pestilence
He didn't know there was a Presidential debate last night. Stupid question.

ChiefMojo
He has failed at both IMO.... Good at sucking cack and picking up candy wrappers!

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 09:40 AM
NO I DON'T DRESS UP FOR HALLOWEEN.

NICE QUESTIONS, PETRO. YOU DIPSHIT.

InChiefsHell
Jesus. Asked him about the debate...:spock:

Do you dress up for Halloween...:shake:

Pestilence
Petro blew his fucking chance.

The only thing I can I think of is that he was told before hand not to bring up the banner or Winston.

Molitoth
C'mon Petro. stupid questions.

InChiefsHell
Do you like the new uniforms...wtf??

Pestilence
Just asked him about Winston.

BigCatDaddy
Winston was just emotional when he spoke. Still loves it in KC blah blah blah

InChiefsHell
10-17-2012, 09:41 AM
WINSTON...

Agent V
10-17-2012, 09:41 AM
On drafting a QB.

Pioli: Drafting a QB in the 1st round is all about opportunity. The top QBs picked after we've had picks....he's not sure that they've performed or are playing well.

And is he lumping RGIII into that? Because if so, he's full of fucking shit.

Plus, RGIII was available for the right price, which makes him look like even more of a fucking moron.

InChiefsHell
10-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Winston loves the fans...funny fucking way of showing it...

Pestilence
Pioli: When you're in a situation that we're in right now....there's a lot of emotion. Everyone was emotional that day. Eric wanted to be here because he loves Arrowhead stadium. Winston still loves it here and wants to be apart of this. Pioli loves it here. Emotions bubble over in a lot of different directions. It was an unfortunate situation. Winning will take care of everything.

InChiefsHell
Winning will solve the problems...geez...

Count Zarth
Said winning will cure everything.

NOT FOR YOU ASSHOLE

Pestilence
That was a fucking worthless interview. All it sounded like to me was Pioli trying to win back some fans with bullshit talk.

htismaqe
NO I DON'T DRESS UP FOR HALLOWEEN.

NICE QUESTIONS, PETRO. YOU DIPSHIT.

He does a "final 4" with every interview. That is by design.

If he is asking questions like that, he has been informed that the interview is over.

acasas4
10-17-2012, 09:43 AM
That was a waste of my fucking time. JFC!

ChiTown
worthless fucking interview.

Agent V
Pioli: When you're in a situation that we're in right now....there's a lot of emotion. Everyone was emotional that day. Eric wanted to be here because he loves Arrowhead stadium. Winston still loves it here and wants to be apart of this. Pioli loves it here. Emotions bubble over in a lot of different directions. It was an unfortunate situation. Winning will take care of everything.

THEN HE SHOULD FUCKING APOLOGIZE.

InChiefsHell
Pretty useless interview

Fish
He said he thought the fans and everyone was "Over it" regarding the Winston vs. fans issue....

:facepalm:

Pestilence
And is he lumping RGIII into that? Because if so, he's full of fucking shit.

Plus, RGIII was available for the right price, which makes him look like even more of a fucking moron.

No...he meant specifically after our picks.....not trading up.

Molitoth
Well, that was very f*cking disappointing.

ChiTown
10-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Why didn't soren just ask him what his favorite color is, or what he likes to eat on game days. What a fkn pooosie

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Mp3 of Scott lying and bullshitting the KC media here (http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/PIOLIOct2012.mp3)

Inmem58
10-17-2012, 09:45 AM
@ArrowheadAddict: Pioli:Theres never been a time in my 4 years here or anywhere else where I made a demand or a suggestion over who should play which position

BigCatDaddy
10-17-2012, 09:46 AM
No...he meant specifically after our picks.....not trading up.

He must have forgotten about the guy that carved his ass up last week to the tune of a 124 QB rating.

scott free
10-17-2012, 09:47 AM
On drafting a QB.

Yeah, thats why Tannehill is smoothly running a no-huddle & making a star out of Brian freaking Hartline.

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Didn't he say he didn't think the QB was anymore important than in the past? I was applying for a job during the interview, but I could have sworn that was his answer when Petro asked him if the QB was more important now.

the Talking Can
what a waste of time

was he asked directly to comment on Cassel's performance?

jesus

DJ's left nut
Well - that was certainly completely worthless.

BigCatDaddy
Didn't he say he didn't think the QB was anymore important than in the past? I was applying for a job during the interview, but I could have sworn that was his answer when Petro asked him if the QB was more important now.

Yes he did.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:50 AM
So Scott.....let's take a look back at the QBs you COULD have drafted after your picks since you've been here.

2009 - Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman
2010 - Colt McCoy, John Skelton,
2011 - Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett, T.J Yates
2012 - Brandon Weeden, Brock Osweiler, Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins

Outside of Sanchez and possibly McCoy......I'd take EVERYONE of those QBs over Cassel.

ChiefMojo
Petro might as well asked Pioli what was his fav position, does he swallow or what was the biggest he has ever taken... It would've been as good as some of the questions asked! :-/

Frazod
Why didn't soren just ask him what his favorite color is, or what he likes to eat on game days. What a fkn pooosie

I wish the bridge keeper would ask him his favorite color, and he'd answer blue instead of yellow. :grr:

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah, thats why Tannehill is smoothly running a no-huddle & making a star out of Brian freaking Hartline.

Well....we didn't have a chance to get him according to Fat Scott.

Micjones
Mp3 of Scott lying and bullshitting the KC media here (http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/PIOLIOct2012.mp3)

Bless you, sir.

Woodchuck
Said the coach decides who plays, who starts, how much PT players get.

Liar liar, pants on fire.

I don't think he is lying about any of that. I'm not sure why people think he makes those kind of decisions. No GM does.

He's a douchebag but, he'll be here for a while imo.

theelusiveeightrop
10-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Scott, do we have any starters that might possibly be considered a starter for any other team?

HemiEd
Well that settles it, the expectations of the fans is just too high. Win a couple games and everything will be hunky dory.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
anyone ask him about @SaveOurChiefs?

Agent V
Well....we didn't have a chance to get him according to Fat Scott.

Ah, yes. There was just no way. Same with Andy fucking Dalton, right Scott?

Micjones
So Scott.....let's take a look back at the QBs you COULD have drafted after your picks since you've been here.

2009 - Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman
2010 - Colt McCoy, John Skelton,
2011 - Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett, T.J Yates
2012 - Brandon Weeden, Brock Osweiler, Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins

Outside of Sanchez and possibly McCoy......I'd take EVERYONE of those QBs over Cassel.

Dalton is the only QB on that list significantly better than Cassel today.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
anyone ask him about @SaveOurChiefs?

Nope....never got brought up. Neither did the banner.

Art Vader
"do you like my dress?"

Pestilence
Dalton is the only one worth a damn (thus far).

What?

I'd easily take Freeman, Dalton, Ponder and Wilson right now.

The only difference is that everyone on that list has fucking potential. Cassel does not.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 09:54 AM
I don't think he is lying about any of that. I'm not sure why people think he makes those kind of decisions. No GM does.

That's because you're a naive simpleton.

Scott's fat, lying ass is out of here within a month most likely.

He won't be here next season to fuck up another top 5 pick.

the Talking Can
why can't someone just simply ask him to defend cassel's performance?

"Cassel is the 32 rated QB in the league, why do you stand by him?"

theelusiveeightrop
Scott, you seem aloof and unconcerned with winning, care to comment?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-17-2012, 09:55 AM
I was expecting softball questions and was not disappointed.

Agent V
10-17-2012, 09:56 AM

The only explanation for Cassel STILL starting is tampering from above. It's personal. What other team would have the patience to deal with that? Sanchez, who started in New York the same year Cassel started here (if I'm not mistaken) is on the hot seat, and he's actually won playoff games.

Cassel has done precisely dick, and he's still the unchallenged starter. That's bullshit. Scott may not pass the depth chart down to Crennel, but he's constructed a situation where ONLY Cassel could be the starter. He did that. Nobody else.

Priest31kc
10-17-2012, 09:57 AM

Micjones
10-17-2012, 09:57 AM
What?

I'd easily take Freeman, Dalton, Ponder and Wilson right now.

The only difference is that everyone on that list has fucking potential. Cassel does not.

Freeman...79.5 career passer rating.

I gave you Dalton.

Ponder wasn't on that list. I would've given you that one too.

Wilson's done some positive things this year, but I'm not ready to crown him yet.

dallaschiefsfan
10-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Next up...610 and the star. Maybe you guys will do better...

the Talking Can
we are fucked until pioli is fired

he is clueless

totally fucking clueless

Pestilence
Freeman...79.5 career passer rating.

I gave you Dalton.

Ponder wasn't on that list. I would've given you that one too.

Wilson's done some positive things this year, but I'm not ready to crown him yet.

Sorry....forgot Ponder wasn't available because the Vikings traded up for him.

I'd still take Freeman over Cassel. Freeman makes mistakes and has a problem with accuracy....but when he puts it all together, he's light years ahead of Cassel.

Agent V
10-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Christ. Petro could've asked about Pioli's thoughts on Seattle's legitimate QB competition and how it compares to our bullshit, staged version.

Scott would have just lied, but still... ask the question. Did he ask anything about that? I need to listent to the whole thing before I start saying things.

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 10:00 AM

I would take them all, any one of them over Cassel and throw in a player to be named later.

theelusiveeightrop
10-17-2012, 10:00 AM
four letter network.com front page KC story

the Talking Can
10-17-2012, 10:01 AM
how about asking him why every rookie QB starting this year has a higher QB rating (with the exception of Weeden, i think), and has won as many or more games than Cassel?

ChiTown
10-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Next up...610 and the star. Maybe you guys will do better...

what time is that interview?

Micjones
10-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Sorry....forgot Ponder wasn't available because the Vikings traded up for him.

I'd still take Freeman over Cassel. Freeman makes mistakes and has a problem with accuracy....but when he puts it all together, he's light years ahead of Cassel.

He can do things that Cassel could only dream of, but he's super inconsistent. I also think he's on the bubble in Tampa Bay. If he doesn't close this season out strong, his window for being a starter in the NFL will be much smaller. Despite his youth and potential.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:04 AM
how about asking him why every rookie QB starting this year has a higher QB rating (with the exception of Weeden, i think), and has won as many or more games than Cassel?

Weeden: 68.1
Cassel: 66.2

Bowser
10-17-2012, 10:04 AM

Seriously?

Hell, I'd take TJ Yates over Cassel in a fucking heartbeat, not to mention about five others from that list.

Brock
10-17-2012, 10:05 AM

How ridiculous is that.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:06 AM
He can do things that Cassel could only dream of, but he's super inconsistent. I also think he's on the bubble in Tampa Bay. If he doesn't close this season out strong, his window for being a starter in the NFL will be much smaller. Despite his youth and potential.

And you wouldn't take him over Cassel?

Cassel is consistent.....at being fucking shitty.

Micjones
Seriously?

Hell, I'd take TJ Yates over Cassel in a fucking heartbeat, not to mention about five others from that list.

I'd take you over Cassel, but that hardly means you're a viable alternative.

I'm not a Pioli apologist, but this long tenured idea that he's had a shit ton of good alternatives to Cassel just isn't true.

Pestilence
How ridiculous is that.

Out of 33 QBs in the NFL.....Matt Cassel is 33rd in QB rating.

Micjones
10-17-2012, 10:07 AM
And you wouldn't take him over Cassel?

Cassel is consistent.....at being fucking shitty.

That's the wrong question.
The right question is, "Is Josh Freeman significantly better than Cassel?"
Concerning his skillset? Absolutely. Overall? I think the difference is negligible at best.

scott free
10-17-2012, 10:08 AM
At this point i'd jizz for Freeman, get him a top shelf qb coach & he's Roethlisberger Jr.

Pestilence

I'm not a Pioli apologist, but this long tenured idea that he's had a shit ton of good alternatives to Cassel just isn't true.

No....it's not. I just gave you a list of QBs that could do more with this offense than Cassel. The Texans basically ran the same gameplan that we ran against the Ravens in the playoffs with Yates at QB.....and they fucking won. Freeman with some better coaching and weapons may fully realize his potential.

FFS.....I'd take goddamn Brandon Weeden over Cassel right now.

beach tribe
As do I. I just think there's more to being a good football team than the roster. You can have a vastly improved roster and still stink.
Especially when you haven't made good decisions at key spots like QB and HC.
And yes, Pioli's at fault for that.

Yup. It's silly to even suggest that the talent on the roster is as bad as it was 4 years ago. The team just has absolutely ZERO leadership. I think a quality HC and QB would make this team a completely different animal. I've seen it first hand with what is going on with Miami right now. This team here was DEAD. Completely DEAD. A change at HC and a young up and coming QB has this team thinking playoffs, and for a good reason. The same thing would happen here. Actually to an even greater extent I believe.

Crennel is pulling off one of the worst HCing jobs any of us has ever seen.
The fact that the players knew that Haley would destroy them when they came off of the field and when watching film and would also not hesitate to put ANY player (other than Cassel I guess) on the ****ing bench the way he did DJ kept players on their toes. Haley would rip their faces off, and even had Cassel's bitch ass fired up and fighting with him on the sidelines.

When Haley got fired and Crennel took over the players went completely soft the way they were for Herm. Our next coach needs to be a complete Tom Coughlin like ass hole. They need to fear him, and they need to HATE him the way Michael Strahan hated Coughlin. We are going to have to have that with this group of guys.

I'm pretty sure the players have realized what the people here have known for a while. That we are not winning shit with these QBs.
A QB who the other players believe in, and a coach that they fear will have this team playing with fire, and will have them winning IMO. Just my 2cents

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Blaine Gabbert has a higher QB rating than Cassel.

Count Zarth
Pioli lied to us again.

There's no way Romeo Crennel would bench Steve Breaston for a couple of maggots like Baldween and McBuster.

DTLB58
Well, that was a waste of time.

They should both be fired!

qabbaan
10-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Why do people think him doing all these interviews means he is staying?

He is doing interviews because the team is in turmoil, and it is public.

You can't infer anything about his job status, good or bad, from this.

Well, I think you can. The guy hates the media and doesn't ever go out of the way to do interviews. The fact that they are in the media doing damage control is a change for the

the Talking Can
10-17-2012, 10:10 AM

yes, it is

the idea that the only thing pioli could do in 4 years is acquire Matt Cassel is just dumb

and we sure as hell didn't need to play someone $5 mill a year if 'there was nothing else to do"...could have used a computer

htismaqe
10-17-2012, 10:11 AM

People think he makes these decisions because MULTIPLE sources with the Chiefs and elsewhere in the NFL have said he does.

How naive do you have to be?

Pestilence
Christian Ponder is another QB that is better than Cassel that we could have picked FYI.

We would have had to trade up for him.......otherwise the list would be worse than I what posted.

Bowser

He really hasn't put a whole lot of effort into finding a "viable alternative" to Cassel. For instance, just this year one pick after we took the game changing o-lineman Donald Stephenson in he third round, Seattle takes Russell Wilson. All Wilson has done is beat Green Bay and New England in the fourth quarter of both games (yes, a gift win, but stll a win against the Packers).

That's just one example. We could have easily taken Dalton over Baldwin, as well. But for whatever insane reason, Pioli has thought the QB position on this team has not needed addressing in his time here.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Russell Wilson beats the Packers and Patriots in his first 6 games....Cassel's best win is over a 7-9 Seahawks team...LMAO

Micjones
No....it's not. I just gave you a list of QBs that could do more with this offense than Cassel.

You did, but the numbers don't bear you out.
We can talk about the QB's we'd rather have.
What we ought to be discussing is which one of these QB's is significantly better than Cassel today? That shrinks your list a bunch.

The Texans basically ran the same gameplan that we ran against the Ravens in the playoffs with Yates at QB.....and they fucking won. Freeman with some better coaching and weapons may fully realize his potential.

Yates completed 11 passes that day.
The Texans won because Foster went for a bill-fifty and two TD's.
The Houston D also produced 3 turnovers.
Not sure I give him much credit for that victory.

htismaqe
Well, I think you can. The guy hates the media and doesn't ever go out of the way to do interviews. The fact that they are in the media doing damage control is a change for the

You can't infer about his job status, no. Yes, this is damage control. But we have ZERO idea if Pioli decided to do this on his own or if Clark told him to do it.

Those 2 scenarios have vastly different implications for his job status.

beach tribe
10-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Seriously?

Hell, I'd take TJ Yates over Cassel in a ****ing heartbeat, not to mention about five others from that list.

I would too, but that still doesn't solve anything. Quinnis better too, but it doesn't change much.

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 10:14 AM
People think he makes these decisions because MULTIPLE sources with the Chiefs and elsewhere in the NFL have said he does.

How naive do you have to be?

Occassionally, owners intervene but never GMs. It doesn't work that way. This is the stupidest Pioli theory there is. If he did this, he would be fired immediately and he would never work as GM again.

qabbaan
10-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Nice job there Petro, way to ask him questions about things the fans all want to know about.

Count Zarth
God damn stupid fucking n00bs.

beach tribe
You can't infer about his job status, no. Yes, this is damage control. But we have ZERO idea if Pioli decided to do this on his own or if Clark told him to do it.

I completely believe that he had no choice but to do these interviews.

Micjones
yes, it is

the idea that the only thing pioli could do in 4 years is acquire Matt Cassel is just dumb

and we sure as hell didn't need to play someone $5 mill a year if 'there was nothing else to do"...could have used a computer

I maintain to this day that the trade for Cassel wasn't his mistake.
The mistake was the contract.

There have been a FEW other options, but not many as some would have you to believe.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I bet Clark is waiting to fire him the second we're eliminated from the playoffs.

He told Scott "until then, get your ass on the radio and try to make nice."

Woodchuck

The fact that it was a taped interview in his office says alot. If Clark made him do it, it would have been at a press conference.

He is in complete control imo.

beach tribe
Occassionally, owners intervene but never GMs. It doesn't work that way. This is the stupidest Pioli theory there is. If he did this, he would be fired immediately and he would never work as GM again.

It is working that way. Pioli is without a doubt putting pressure on the staff to keep Cassel in the starting line up.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 10:17 AM
There have been a FEW other options, but not many as some would have you to believe.

No one ever said there was umpteen billion chances to go get a QB. If there was, everyone would have one.

You only get a few...we whiffed on acquiring any competition whatsoever, didn't even bring in a capable backup....Scott is ultra fucking fail.

Woodchuck
God damn stupid ****ing n00bs.

If you are listening, he's talking about what I said.

htismaqe

LMAO

Micjones
10-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Russell Wilson beats the Packers and Patriots in his first 6 games....Cassel's best win is over a 7-9 Seahawks team...LMAO

Two .500 football teams.
:rolleyes:

Micjones
10-17-2012, 10:19 AM
No one ever said there was umpteen billion chances to go get a QB. If there was, everyone would have one.

You only get a few...we whiffed on acquiring any competition whatsoever, didn't even bring in a capable backup....Scott is ultra fucking fail.

Actually people do overstate the number of alternatives to Cassel he's had.
That colors people's perception of him.

I'm not apologizing for Pioli here, but I do think we should have some perspective.

htismaqe
10-17-2012, 10:19 AM
The fact that it was a taped interview in his office says alot. If Clark made him do it, it would have been at a press conference.

He is in complete control imo.

If that's the case, then he's in full CYA mode.

You think his job is safe. But you think he decided, without input from Clark, to do all these interviews?

Think about that for a minute.

wazu
10-17-2012, 10:21 AM

And Weeden had a disasterous debut with 4 picks. Since then he's thrown 7 TDs to 6 INTs, and averaged 280 yards per game. Most of those games were competitive, too, and he is throwing to crap WRs I've never heard of.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Actually people do overstate the number of alternatives to Cassel he's had.
That colors people's perception of him.

I'm not apologizing for Pioli here, but I do think we should have some perspective.

Pioli is acting like there was NOTHING better out there. He's dead wrong. There have been plenty of posts about the number of alternatives. Even if you eliminate certain ones.....we still had a shot at Andy Dalton and Josh Freeman. Both have done more (even if they lack consistency) than Cassel has ever done.

BigCatDaddy
10-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Pioli is acting like there was NOTHING better out there. He's dead wrong. There have been plenty of posts about the number of alternatives. Even if you eliminate certain ones.....we still had a shot at Andy Dalton and Josh Freeman. Both have done more (even if they lack consistency) than Cassel has ever done.

Or do what other teams do. Trade up and get someone?

Brock
10-17-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm amazed how other teams can seemingly find an endless supply of QBs to develop, use, trade for draft picks, etc. Meanwhile, Chiefs fans make excuses for why Pioli can't even come up with one decent backup.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:25 AM
And Weeden had a disasterous debut with 4 picks. Since then he's thrown 7 TDs to 6 INTs, and averaged 280 yards per game. Most of those games were competitive, too, and he is throwing to crap WRs I've never heard of.

Weeden has been throwing to Josh Gordon and Greg Little.

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 10:26 AM

We weren't taking Freeman at #3. In 2009, No one would have and no one did.

We weren't taking Dalton. Cassel had just made the pro bowl and we won the west.

I can't ever blame Pioli for KC not having a QB better than Cassel. I would have liked to have gotten Jason Campbell but he obviously didn't want to come. Same for Manning.

Bewbies
10-17-2012, 10:27 AM

We weren't taking Dalton. Cassel had just made the pro bowl and we won the west.

I can't ever blame Pioli for KC not having a QB better than Cassel. I would have liked to have gotten Jason Campbell but he obviously didn't want to come. Same for Manning.

Making a trade is impossible. Especially during the draft. Nobody does that!

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:27 AM

Kill yourself.

We took a 3-4 DE that sucks at his job at #3. We could have damn sure taken a QB there.

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Making a trade is impossible. Especially during the draft. Nobody does that!

He tried hard to trade back in 2009. It was well documented. We did trade back in 2011. Where are you coming from?

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Kill yourself.

We took a 3-4 DE that sucks at his job at #3. We could have damn sure taken a QB there.

What about the other teams picking in the top 10 in 2009? Did any of them need QBs? You really have no argument.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:29 AM
He tried hard to trade back in 2009. It was well documented. We did trade back in 2011. Where are you coming from?

Link or I call bullshit.

Bowser
10-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Two .500 football teams.
:rolleyes:

You're trolling. You have to be trolling.

BigCatDaddy
10-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Didin't Cleveland trade back with the Jets?

Brock
10-17-2012, 10:32 AM
I can't ever blame Pioli for KC not having a QB better than Cassel.

This is exactly why he still has a job.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:32 AM

Yep....at #5.

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 10:35 AM

Didn't KC trade with New England for Cassel before the draft?

We were never taking a QB at #3 in that draft. It's a stupid argument.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 10:35 AM
So Star will be print?

BigCatDaddy
10-17-2012, 10:37 AM

I think someone else pointed out the mistake was the contract as well. Trade for Cassell give him 2 years, then draft a young guy to develop behind him such as Freeman.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:37 AM

Yeah....exactly the reason why he fucked up. Pioli helped the Pats get that contract off the books and did it at the stupidest fucking time ever.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:39 AM
I think someone else pointed out the mistake was the contract as well. Trade for Cassell give him 2 years, then draft a young guy to develop behind him such as Freeman.

He didn't even need to give him 2 years. We had the cap room to cover his $14 million dollar franchise tag. You start him and see how he performs. If he sucks.....he's gone. If he does good....you sign him to a modest contract. $63 million dollars for a 3rd string QB in college and the QB that took a 16-0 Pats team to 11-5 was monumentally stupid.

Brock

That's fine. Does that mean you have to take Tyson Jackson there?

Woodchuck
Yep....at #5.

We picked at #3 in 2009 because we were a horrible team in 2008.

We traded our 2nd round pick for a QB who just had an 11 win season. Do you really think we would have drafted a QB in the first round?

This is a stupid argument. Almost every position was a problem when Pioli got here.

Also, do you honestly think we would be any better off with Sanchez or Freemen?

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 10:43 AM
That's fine. Does that mean you have to take Tyson Jackson there?

No, but most of the top 10 picks sucked that year. Jackson is no where near the worst out of the top 10. That draft was one of the biggest crapshoots of all time. I wanted Crabtree or Raji. Jackson was an out of nowhere pick but, it definately could have been worse. We could have wound up with Jason Smith or Aaron Curry. Alot of fans wanted one of those guys.

ChiefsCountry
10-17-2012, 10:44 AM
So Star will be print?

Doug Tucker will have an AP story as well.

Brock
10-17-2012, 10:44 AM
No, but most of the top 10 picks sucked that year. Jackson is no where near the worst out of the top 10. That draft was one of the biggest crapshoots of all time. I wanted Crabtree or Raji. Jackson was an out of nowhere pick but, it definately could have been worse. We could have wound up with Jason Smith or Aaron Curry.

I somehow expected better out of The Executive Of The Decade.

ILChief
10-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Of course it was a worthless interview. He's not gonna say "I'm an idiot, Cassel is garbage, and Romeo is a fool"

L.A. Chieffan
10-17-2012, 10:47 AM
No, but most of the top 10 picks sucked that year. Jackson is no where near the worst out of the top 10. That draft was one of the biggest crapshoots of all time. I wanted Crabtree or Raji. Jackson was an out of nowhere pick but, it definately could have been worse. We could have wound up with Jason Smith or Aaron Curry. Alot of fans wanted one of those guys.

We also couldve wound up with Sanchez, Raji, Orakpo, Cushing, Mack, Maybin, Crabtree, Freeman, Maclin, Harvin.... all guys who shouldve legitimately gone before Tyson Jackson even in the context of the time.

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 10:49 AM
I somehow expected better out of The Executive Of The Decade.

There is no doubt Pioli's a bust. Also, I agree about not giving Cassel a contract right away. He should have waited.

Slick, we traded for Cassel the same year Freeman was drafted so that wasn't going to happen.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 10:49 AM
We picked at #3 in 2009 because we were a horrible team in 2008.

We traded our 2nd round pick for a QB who just had an 11 win season. Do you really think we would have drafted a QB in the first round?

This is a stupid argument. Almost every position was a problem when Pioli got here.

Also, do you honestly think we would be any better off with Sanchez or Freemen?

Like I already stated in a previous post......he should have waited to trade for Cassel. And even if you eliminate the need for QB......which is more important to a 3-4....NT or DE? He should have drafted Raji instead of Jackson. Pioli is a fucking moron.

PhillyChiefFan
10-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Sad to think that at the time, Pioli was the best GM choice out there and most everyone was extremely excited to have him come to the Chiefs.

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 10:51 AM
We also couldve wound up with Sanchez, Raji, Orakpo, Cushing, Mack, Maybin, Crabtree, Freeman, Maclin, Harvin.... all guys who shouldve legitimately gone before Tyson Jackson even in the context of the time.

Yep, that's the crapshoot I'm talking about. it's easy to see that now but, you gotta realize none of the top 10 teams had Orakpo, Cushing, Mack, Crabtree, Freeman, Maclin, Harvin on the radar there. Hindsight is 20/20.

Bewbies
10-17-2012, 10:52 AM

The only opportunity Pioli has had in his time here to get a QB was in 2009?

Micjones
10-17-2012, 10:53 AM

I have to listen to the full interview.
I'm on lunch so I'm going to do that now.

I wouldn't say Freeman's done more. He's had 1 good season in the NFL.
Cassel's had two. If we're arguing skillset...no question.

Dalton HAS been more consistent.
He's the best alternative to any of the others you cited.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2012, 10:54 AM

Yep, you deserve defensive lineman every single year in the first round.

Don't worry about being lumped in with the Chiefs fans on this board, you don't even have the intelligence to even post here. No one will mistake you for someone with a fucking clue.

HonestChieffan
10-17-2012, 10:55 AM
The important trade the Chiefs have to consider is really simple. Fans or Scott.

The fact he is trotting around doing press meetings makes me sick. It tells me we are stuck with him. Not one more dime from me. FU Scott.

L.A. Chieffan
10-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Yep, that's the crapshoot I'm talking about. it's easy to see that now but, you gotta realize none of the top 10 teams had Orakpo, Cushing, Mack, Crabtree, Freeman, Maclin, Harvin on the radar there. Hindsight is 20/20.

Can you read? I just said in the CONTEXT OF THE TIME.

Tyson Jackson was NOT a worthy top 10 pick in 2009

I heard reports of several GMs and war rooms that started laughing and snickering when that pick was made.

BigCatDaddy
10-17-2012, 11:00 AM
There is no doubt Pioli's a bust. Also, I agree about not giving Cassel a contract right away. He should have waited.

Slick, we traded for Cassel the same year Freeman was drafted so that wasn't going to happen.

Isn't that like sayin we traded for Jackson last year, gave Flynn a nice contract no way do we take a QB in the draft this year and start him.

Woodchuck
The only opportunity Pioli has had in his time here to get a QB was in 2009?

No, what?

Micjones
You're trolling. You have to be trolling.

I'm not. I'm suggesting that beating those two struggling teams isn't as impressive as it sounds.

One of those wins took the worst call in NFL history.

FAX
10-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Guys ... this is bad. Real bad.

Just an FYI.

FAX

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Can you read? I just said in the CONTEXT OF THE TIME.

Tyson Jackson was NOT a worthy top 10 pick in 2009

I heard reports of several GMs and war rooms that started laughing and snickering when that pick was made.

I see what you are saying but who did they take? We came out OK in the top 10 in my opinion.

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Guys ... this is bad. Real bad.

Just an FYI.

FAX

Finally, a voice of reason. Pioli isn't going anywhere. I hate him but, he's here for a while.

Pestilence
I see what you are saying but who did they take? We came out OK in the top 10 in my opinion.

lolwut?

We did not come out ok in the top 10. Tyson Jackson won't even be on this team next year. It was a dumb pick then and it's a dumb pick now.

Count Zarth
Yeah, whatever. He's not impressive.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1556889/riceyum.gif

The Bad Guy
10-17-2012, 11:03 AM

Wait, what?

Are you defending the Tyson Jackson pick?

L.A. Chieffan
10-17-2012, 11:03 AM

ROFL Where do these dumb fucks come from?

Tyson Jackson is a bust of Jamarcus proportions. Just because he trots out and gets his shit pushed in every Sunday does not mean he deserves to be on an NFL team. Pioli is trying to save face

The Bad Guy
10-17-2012, 11:05 AM
If you took Tyson Jackson anywhere in the first round, it's an awful pick.

The Chiefs could have gotten adequate production from 4th rounders or journeymen at a fraction of the cost. Jackson is one of the worst draft picks in recent memory. He's not an impact player. He's not a difference maker. He's just a guy who's there.

The FA we got from the Jets is outplaying every DL we have. Think about that.

JJ Watt is a 3-4 end worthy of going in the top 3. Tyson Jackson sucks.

If you honestly think he's worth a top 10 pick, please stop watching football you stupid fucker.

Woodchuck
10-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah, whatever. He's not impressive.

That was a great pick but no one saw what Pete Carroll saw in him. Most though he was a 5th rounder. I am not defending Pioli and I think he needs to go but, I get why we don't have a QB. There is a series of unfortunate events and bad luck. Hopefully, we get one this year.

BossChief
10-17-2012, 11:08 AM

In your tiny little mind Tyson Jackson was worth the pick because you cant fault Scott Pioli for not being able to recognize talent.

As to your comment about Pioli trying to trade down in that draft....BULLSHIT...The Dallas Morning News knew that Pioli was gonna take Tyson Jackson a couple days prior to the draft. If he wanted to move down, the chances where right there to do so.

The guy put Cassels ring on his finger and hasn't ever had the intent of threatening his job (for the better of the team) by giving him legitimate competition.

Freeman
Sanchez
Wilson
Dalton
Orton
Campbell
Hasselback

Thats probably just half the list of the guys that have been available if the intent to upgrade the QB position was there.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2012, 11:08 AM
That was a great pick but no one saw what Pete Carroll saw in him. Most though he was a 5th rounder. I am not defending Pioli and I think he needs to go but, I get why we don't have a QB. There is a series of unfortunate events and bad luck. Hopefully, we get one this year.

Excuses, fucking excuses.

Series of unfortunate events and bad luck?

When your kid comes home with a failing grade, do you go to the teacher and make excuses too?

You are defending Pioli. Every fucking post you make defends him you clown.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2012, 11:09 AM
There's not one starting QB in the NFL I would take Cassel over. Not one.