PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC Star Pioli interview

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2012, 12:35 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/10/17/3871434/pioli-we-all-need-to-do-our-jobs.html

Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli took responsibility for the Chiefs’ disappointing 1-5 start in question-and-answer session with The Star on Wednesday morning. Pioli also discussed the state of the Chiefs during their bye week and reports about his contract status.

Here are some highlights of the interview:

• How surprised are you at 1-5?

“Surprised … or disappointed. That’s where we are. This is certainly not what the expectation was. But it’s where we are. You can’t wallow in it. You work hard and you figure it out. That’s what we’re going to do.”

• What’s been the biggest disappointment?

“The record, the overall performance, the performance by everybody … We all have a hand in this thing, starting with me. Ultimately I’m responsible for the football operation, and we’re 1-5. We all need to do our jobs better, starting with me.

• Have you discussed a contract extension with Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt as reported by CBS? (Note: The Star reported Sunday, citing a source close to the situation, that the Chiefs have not offered Pioli a contract extension nor have discussed an extension. Hunt told The Star that the Chiefs do not discuss contracts publicly.)

“Clark spoke to The Star last week, and that’s our organizational philosophy. We don’t talk about players’ contracts, we don’t talk about coaches’ contracts, anybody who has a contract, we don’t talk about those things. It’s an organizational philosophy that I believe in as well. That’s where it’s at.”

• So where do you think this (CBS’ report) originated, if you nor Clark talk about contracts?

“I don’t waste energy on that stuff. You know what I’ve got to do? I’ve got to get this thing fixed. That’s where I need to spend my time, energy and emotion on is getting this football team fixed. Not chasing rumors because those are the things that are offshoots of what the real problem is. It becomes a rumor, it becomes a story because we’re not winning.

“This isn’t about me and my contractual situation. This is about getting the team right.”

• But if your contract is through 2013, you’d have one year left, and (coach) Romeo Crennel will have two years left because he’s through 2014; what kind of confidence can fans or free agents have that there will be a lame-duck situation here next year?

“I’m not going to talk about the contract, and I’m not going to worry about the contract.”

• What’s your feeling on the job Romeo Crennel has done? Should he hand over the defensive coordinator job to someone else and just concentrate on being the head coach?

“I don’t believe his plate is too full. I’ve watched, whether perception or reality, every head coach has a greater input into one side of the ball or the other, or even some times special teams. Romeo has a couple of experienced coaches on the defensive staff that have a lot to do with game-planning, with figuring things out, and (linebackers coach) Gary Gibbs and (secondary coach) Emmitt Thomas along with some other coaches … this is an experienced staff on defense. Romeo is the coordinator, but I’ve seen this before, and it’s worked, and it can continue to work. There are times we are playing very well on defense.”

• What kind of grade would you give Romeo at this point?

“I think he’s doing a good job of handling this football team in a tough set of circumstances right now.”

• During training camp, you were confident quarterback Matt Cassel could lead this team to a championship. What’s happened to him?

“He wishes he performed better, I think this whole team wishes they played better.”

• Don’t you need an elite quarterback to win in this league?

“You need a good football team to win in this league. You need a good football team that is going to do all the things the right way. Heck yes, you need a quarterback to play well, and you need a team to play well.”

• So what is the hope for this team?

“The hope is we stop doing some of the things we’re undoing ourselves. A big part of our problem is we are undoing things ourselves and we are making mistakes … we’re having penalties at critical times. We’re having turnovers at critical parts of the field. We’re making mistakes on defense and giving up big plays that are critical. We’re having penalties on special teams at critical moments. … The mistakes we’re making, based on the timing of those mistakes are making those mistakes exponentially worse.”

• Is that coaching?

“It’s everything. It’s everything, including me, because I’m the ones bringing players in. And if players are making those mistakes, ultimately, it’s me.”

• So do you not have the “Right 53” you’re always talking about?

“You’re always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. I’m always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. Ultimately that stops here.”

• You’ve had four years of drafts? Shouldn’t there be some impact players?

“I think Tyson Jackson is playing well. I think Eric Berry has made an impact. I think Tony Moeaki has made an impact. Right now, there’s clearly not enough players making an impact. You can’t be 1-5 and say players are making an impact. When we won in 2010, a number of those drafted players were making an impact.”

spanky 52
10-17-2012, 12:38 PM
In other words, keep those dollars coming in suckers.

Count Alex's Losses
“He wishes he performed better, I think this whole team wishes they played better.”

What a garbage, unaccountable answer.

I think Tyson Jackson is playing well. I think Eric Berry has made an impact. I think Tony Moeaki has made an impact.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

What a fucking dipshit this guy is.

Dicky McElephant

“I think Tyson Jackson is playing well. I think Eric Berry has made an impact. I think Tony Moeaki has made an impact. Right now, there’s clearly not enough players making an impact. You can’t be 1-5 and say players are making an impact. When we won in 2010, a number of those drafted players were making an impact.”

No they're not, Scott. Eric Berry isn't a 100% back from his ACL injury and he's trying to do to much. Jackson and Moeaki are fucking garbage.

bevischief
10-17-2012, 12:39 PM
JFC...

ChiefMojo
10-17-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm seriously crying right now and it isn't from laughing!!!!!!! :-(

FAX
10-17-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm seriously crying right now and it isn't from laughing!!!!!!! :-(

My sentiments, exactly.

This is a horrific situation.

FAX

Inmem58
10-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Berry isn't back, he got destroyed by Gates lol.

Pioli doesn't even recognize Justin Houston? Lmao He's the biggest impact player so far. He doesn't even know this ****ing team.

beach tribe
10-17-2012, 12:42 PM
I can't believe I backed this guy for so long. I'm an idiot.

Sofa King
10-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Exactly what i expected....

Easy 6
10-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Heck yes castle sucks, what i was thinking with him i'll never know.

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2012, 12:43 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

This team is going to have this fan base in a fanatic frenzy. I have a feeling Hillis is going to be a fan favorite by week 6.

He's definitely going to be ONE of the stories this year.

And Eric Berry looks to be 100%. Now he gets to have the MONSTER season he was going to have last season.

Poor Clay. He Has to somewhat root against all the great shit that's going to happen just because he wants to hate the regime so bad. Gotta take some of the fun out of what is going to be a blast.

MY GOD. CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SEASON!!!!

SuperChief
10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Exactly what i expected....

Really, it's what we all should expect. No way in hell this buffoon is going to own up to anything, especially in specifics. "I've got to do better" doesn't mean shit. How, Scott? How?

DJ's left nut
No they're not, Scott. Eric Berry isn't a 100% back from his ACL injury and he's trying to do to much. Jackson and Moeaki are fucking garbage.

Boy, that one ended on a high note, didn't it?

Wow - Tyson Jackson and Tony Moeaki are the feathers in his !@#$ing cap. The guy can't even get the things he's done well right (i.e. Justin Houston).

What an idiot. What an absolute idiot.

beach tribe
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Like I said...I'm an idiot.

Count Alex's Losses
10-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Props for owning up.

Sweet Daddy Hate

“You need a good football team to win in this league

Still in denial. Fuck this guy in the ass with hogfarmers livestock.

Dicky McElephant
Boy, that one ended on a high note, didn't it?

Wow - Tyson Jackson and Tony Moeaki are the feathers in his !@#$ing cap. The guy can't even get the things he's done well right (i.e. Justin Houston).

What an idiot. What an absolute idiot.

We all talk about RAC being in over his head. Pioli's head is buried underneath the water. This dude has no clue what the fuck he's doing. He never should have been hired as GM in the 1st place.

SuperChief
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Clay, Jesus Fucking Christ was I wrong about this regime. You were right the whole time. As much as I, and others, hate admitting it, you deserve your kudos. I owe you a beer.

Count Alex's Losses
Those guys came to mind immediately because they're the blue collar positions he loves to stroke off to:

5-tech, tight end and safety.

GOTTA LOVE THOSE LUNCH PAIL GUYS! PATRIOT WAY!

FringeNC
10-17-2012, 12:47 PM
At least no comments about Cassel being an elite QB...small steps...

SPchief
10-17-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm reading this as he's hanging his own noose.

Dicky McElephant
10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Hey Scott.....why don't you go ahead and talk about how you passed over Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski for Tony Moeaki.

ChiefMojo
10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm dumb, your dumb, we are ALL dumb!!!!!! The wool has been placed over our eyes now. We have no freaking clue how bad things really are! Thanks Scott!!!!

Zeke
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
that's why pioli never gives any info in his interviews. When he does he royally pisses his leg.

Case in point.

I think Tyson Jackson is playing well. I think Eric Berry has made an impact. I think Tony Moeaki has made an impact.

KCrockaholic
10-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Pioli is a fucking troll. He's full of shit with every answer he has. And he tries to the pull the whole "I don't waste energy on stuff like that".

Yet he will waste all his energy on attempting to save his public perception.

beach tribe
Props for owning up.

Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery.:D

chop
I liked Moeaki's potential his first year on the team but to call him an impact player is not true at all at this point in his career. He has 10 receptions for 94 yards this year. If he had TGs numbers this year, I would agree he was having an impact but TG's numbers through the first six weeks of the season is close to equaling Moeaki's best numbers through 15 games in his rookie year.

Blick
10-17-2012, 12:53 PM
In 2010, Berry and Moeaki were good players for us.

KCrockaholic
I backed Pioli until 2010. At the start of 2011 more things started to point in his direction as signs of fail. And it's only gotten worse. I see through his BS now.

themanwithnoname
Nice to see the KC media seems to have found their balls.

I love that they didn't just drop the extension talk. Shame they didn't go back to it after pointing out the total failure of everything else.

“It’s everything. It’s everything, including me, because I’m the ones bringing players in. And if players are making those mistakes, ultimately, it’s me.”

What a dick, even when he tries to take the blame he trashes others.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 12:54 PM
The first thing that came to mind was "Where is Justin Houston?"

Moeaki? Jackson?

This guy is even worse at talent evaluation than I suspected back in 2009.

Fish
10-17-2012, 12:55 PM
JFC......

Tribal Warfare
10-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Pioli is a fucking troll. He's full of shit with every answer he has. And he tries to the pull the whole "I don't waste energy on stuff like that".

Yet he will waste all his energy on attempting to save his public perception.

Shit, Pioli might be on his Android/Iphone reading the BB at this very moment to see the reaction his interview is receiving.

The Bad Guy
10-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Refuses to basically put any real blame on the QB that leads the league in turnovers and is ranked 33rd in QB rating.

If Pioli, Cassel and Crennel are back next year, I'm finding another team to follow.

I'm not going to have my son grow up to like these losers and be miserable like I am.

Simply Red
10-17-2012, 12:57 PM
I'd bet KC Nut after a fifth of Jim Beam would provide more sound answers.

Fuck this Amatuer clown, he's not even professional at being a clown.

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 12:58 PM

“The hope is we stop doing some of the things we’re undoing ourselves. A big part of our problem is we are undoing things ourselves and we are making mistakes … we’re having penalties at critical times. We’re having turnovers at critical parts of the field. We’re making mistakes on defense and giving up big plays that are critical. We’re having penalties on special teams at critical moments. … The mistakes we’re making, based on the timing of those mistakes are making those mistakes exponentially worse.”

GET US A QUARTERBACK AND HALF THOSE MISTAKES GO AWAY.

GET US A HC OC & DC AND THE OTHER HALF OF THOSE MISTAKES GO AWAY

YOU STUPID STUPID STUPID MAN.

**** YOU SCOTT PIOLI **** YOU.

gblowfish
10-17-2012, 12:59 PM
I am quite fluent in "GM Speak," I translated King Carl for many years. Fat Scott is not nearly as cryptic as the King.

Let me translate this interview in plain English, minus coach speak spin:

“Surprised … or disappointed. That’s where we are. It is what it is. What it is, where it went, WTF? But it’s where we are. You can’t wallow in it. You don't bathe in it. You wipe it off the bottom of your shoe, then scrape your shoe in the grass three or four times. That’s what we’re going to do.”

"I hate myself and want to die. We all have a hand in this thing, starting with me. I have been touching myself irresponsibly for weeks now. Ultimately I’m responsible for the football operation, and we’re 1-5. To be brief let me say: Let there be Peace on Earth, and let it begin with me."

• Have you discussed a contract extension with Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt as reported by CBS? (Note: The Star reported Sunday, citing a source close to the situation, that the Chiefs have not offered Pioli a contract extension nor have discussed an extension. Hunt told The Star that the Chiefs do not discuss contracts publicly.)

“CHunt spoke to The Star last week, and that’s our organizational philosophy. The first thing you learn about Chiefs Contract Club is…..you DON'T TALK ABOUT CHIEFS CONTRACT CLUB! That’s where it’s at, that what it be, fo'shizzle.”

• So where do you think this (CBS’ report) originated, if you nor Clark talk about contracts?

“I don’t waste energy on that stuff. You know what I’ve got to do? I have to take a hellacious dump. After that, I’ve got to get this thing fixed. That’s where I need to spend my time, energy and emotion on is getting this football team fixed. Not chasing rumors because those are the things that are offshoots of what the real problem is. Don't say you love me when it's just a rumor. Don't say a word if there is any doubt. Sometimes I think that love is just a tumor. You've got to cut it out."

• But if your contract is through 2013, you’d have one year left, and (coach) Romeo Crennel will have two years left because he’s through 2014; what kind of confidence can fans or free agents have that there will be a lame-duck situation here next year?

“There are no ducks on the Arrowhead pond. First rule of Chiefs Contract Club....”

• What’s your feeling on the job Romeo Crennel has done? Should he hand over the defensive coordinator job to someone else and just concentrate on being the head coach?

“I don’t believe his plate is too full. Romeo can eat like a mofo. I’ve watched, whether perception or reality, every head coach can only stuff so much into his gaping yaw. Romeo has a greater input into one side of his mouth than the other, or even some times he jams food in both sides of his mouth at the same time. It's amazing, really. Romeo has a couple of experienced coaches on the defensive staff that have a lot to do with game-planning, with figuring things out, and (linebackers coach) Gary Gibbs and (secondary coach) Emmitt Thomas along with some other coaches … this is an experienced staff on defense. Any of them could coach this mess, seriously. Romeo is the lead dog, the big cheese, the kahuna, the BMOC, but I’ve seen this before, and it will not end well, I assure you.

“I think he’s doing a good job of handling this football team in a remedial, riding-the-short-bus kinda way right now.”

• During training camp, you were confident quarterback Matt Cassel could lead this team to a championship. What’s happened to him?

“Toxic shock syndrome, I'm sure of it.”

“Like John Madden always says :You need a good football team to win in this league. You need a good football team that is going to do all the things the right way. Heck yes, you need a quarterback to play for the good football team and well, if your quarterback plays well, then the football team will be good and you'll win. If not, you won't.”

“The hope is we stop doing some of the things we’re undoing ourselves. A big part of our problem is we are undoing things, like our belt buckles. We're literally dropping trou out there, and it's not pretty. Not pretty at all. And we are making mistakes … we’re having penalties at critical times. We’re having turnovers at critical parts of the field. We’re making critical mistakes on defense and giving up big plays that are critical. We’re having critical penalties on special teams at critical moments. … The mistakes we’re making, based on the timing of those mistakes are making those mistakes exponentially more critical. Did I say "Critical" enough to describe how critical this all is?”

• Is that coaching?

“It’s everything. It’s everything, including me, because I’m the ones bringing players in. And if players are making those mistakes, ultimately, it’s me. Hit me. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. HIT ME……HIT ME MOTHERF•CKER!!!”

“You’re always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. I’m always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. Have you got a calculator and a slide rule handy?”

“I think Tyson Jackson is playing well. (Starts laughing uncontrollably, takes several minutes to regain his composure….) I think Eric Berry has made an impact. I think Tony Moeaki has made an impact. Both of them made major impacts on their ACL's, that's for sure. Right now, there’s clearly not enough players making an impact. You can’t be 1-5 and say players are making an impact. When we won in 2010, a number of those drafted players were making an impact. I want to see more of my players get impacted, and with the right diet, a believe we can do that. Now pick up that candy wrapper, I have to get back to monitoring all incoming phone calls and emails.”

theelusiveeightrop
10-17-2012, 01:00 PM
That was a waste of 4 minutes. Pioli is a waste of oxygen.

SNR
10-17-2012, 01:06 PM
I'd love to see him try to Patriot Way the fuck out of a kind of question where he is forced to either out himself as an arrogant piece of shit or admit what a fucking catastrophe he's done. Something like: "How surprised would you be if Clark Hunt fired you before the end of the season?"

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 01:06 PM

x2

siberian khatru
10-17-2012, 01:07 PM
The man who won Super Bowls with Tom Brady doesn't think you need an elite QB in this league.

BoneKrusher
10-17-2012, 01:08 PM
In 2010, Berry and Moeaki were good players for us.

i'll take a lot of heat for this but IMO Scott drafted the wrong safety.
Earl Thomas is an impact player.

Easy 6
10-17-2012, 01:10 PM
I am quite fluent in "GM Speak," I translated King Carl for many years. Fat Scott is not nearly as cryptic as the King.

Let me translate this interview in plain English, minus coach speak spin:

“Surprised … or disappointed. That’s where we are. It is what it is. What it is, where it went, WTF? But it’s where we are. You can’t wallow in it. You don't bathe in it. You wipe it off the bottom of your shoe, then scrape your shoe in the grass three or four times. That’s what we’re going to do.”

"I hate myself and want to die. We all have a hand in this thing, starting with me. I have been touching myself irresponsibly for weeks now. Ultimately I’m responsible for the football operation, and we’re 1-5. To be brief let me say: Let there be Peace on Earth, and let it begin with me."

“CHunt spoke to The Star last week, and that’s our organizational philosophy. The first thing you learn about Chiefs Contract Club is…..you DON'T TALK ABOUT CHIEFS CONTRACT CLUB! That’s where it’s at, that what it be, fo'shizzle.”

“I don’t waste energy on that stuff. You know what I’ve got to do? I have to take a hellacious dump. After that, I’ve got to get this thing fixed. That’s where I need to spend my time, energy and emotion on is getting this football team fixed. Not chasing rumors because those are the things that are offshoots of what the real problem is. Don't say you love me when it's just a rumor. Don't say a word if there is any doubt. Sometimes I think that love is just a tumor. You've got to cut it out."

“There are no ducks on the Arrowhead pond. First rule of Chiefs Contract Club....”

“I don’t believe his plate is too full. Romeo can eat like a mofo. I’ve watched, whether perception or reality, every head coach can only stuff so much into his gaping yaw. Romeo has a greater input into one side of his mouth than the other, or even some times he jams food in both sides of his mouth at the same time. It's amazing, really. Romeo has a couple of experienced coaches on the defensive staff that have a lot to do with game-planning, with figuring things out, and (linebackers coach) Gary Gibbs and (secondary coach) Emmitt Thomas along with some other coaches … this is an experienced staff on defense. Any of them could coach this mess, seriously. Romeo is the lead dog, the big cheese, the kahuna, the BMOC, but I’ve seen this before, and it will not end well, I assure you.

“I think he’s doing a good job of handling this football team in a remedial, riding-the-short-bus kinda way right now.”

“Toxic shock syndrome, I'm sure of it.”

“Like John Madden always says :You need a good football team to win in this league. You need a good football team that is going to do all the things the right way. Heck yes, you need a quarterback to play for the good football team and well, if your quarterback plays well, then the football team will be good and you'll win. If not, you won't.”

“The hope is we stop doing some of the things we’re undoing ourselves. A big part of our problem is we are undoing things, like our belt buckles. We're literally dropping trou out there, and it's not pretty. Not pretty at all. And we are making mistakes … we’re having penalties at critical times. We’re having turnovers at critical parts of the field. We’re making critical mistakes on defense and giving up big plays that are critical. We’re having critical penalties on special teams at critical moments. … The mistakes we’re making, based on the timing of those mistakes are making those mistakes exponentially more critical. Did I say "Critical" enough to describe how critical this all is?”

• Is that coaching?

“It’s everything. It’s everything, including me, because I’m the ones bringing players in. And if players are making those mistakes, ultimately, it’s me. Hit me. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. HIT ME……HIT ME MOTHERF•CKER!!!”

“You’re always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. I’m always trying to figure out who the Right 53 are. Have you got a calculator and a slide rule handy?”

“I think Tyson Jackson is playing well. (Starts laughing uncontrollably, takes several minutes to regain his composure….) I think Eric Berry has made an impact. I think Tony Moeaki has made an impact. Both of them made major impacts on their ACL's, that's for sure. Right now, there’s clearly not enough players making an impact. You can’t be 1-5 and say players are making an impact. When we won in 2010, a number of those drafted players were making an impact. I want to see more of my players get impacted, and with the right diet, a believe we can do that. Now pick up that candy wrapper, I have to get back to monitoring all incoming phone calls and emails.”

:LOL:

SNR
10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
i'll take a lot of heat for this but IMO Scott drafted the wrong safety.
Earl Thomas is an impact player.

If you weren't saying this in 2010 with a detailed explanation of why Earl Thomas is better than Eric Berry, then shut the fuck up. Nobody cares.

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for pissing me off more Scott Pioli dirt bag muther fucker.

YOU are the biggest mistake of all asshole.

malachi47000
10-17-2012, 01:13 PM
After listening to him on 810 and reading this, (not that I am surprised) Pioli can suck a fat cock. I mean he dodged every question and gave lame scripted answers that didn't give us any insight. He doesn't own up to any of the responsibility that he should and leaves us with more questions than answers. I fucking hate this GM and hopefully we lose every game this season, get the number 1 overall draft pick and force Clark's hand into ejecting this dipshit so that someone who takes ownership of the issues and actively works to correct them takes his place. What I find really funny is that when Petro asked him regarding who makes decisions as to who the starting QB is, he states that it falls directly on the coach and he has NO part in it. This proves all of his answers are lies and that he plans on putting all the blame on the coaching staff in order to keep his job.

stevenidol
10-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey Scott.....why don't you go ahead and talk about how you passed over Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez for Tony Moeaki.

Fixed. Gronkowski was taken in the 2nd, and the Chiefs took McCluster instead. Ugh.

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
There is our answer to if he would draft a top rated QB in the draft. Nope.

fucking asshole prick. I knew he wouldn't too.

beach tribe
10-17-2012, 01:18 PM
If you weren't saying this in 2010 with a detailed explanation of why Earl Thomas is better than Eric Berry, then shut the **** up. Nobody cares.

I still think Berry turns out to be the better player. He's obviously not 100% and is being used incorrectly on top of it. And I can't be wrong about everything..lulz

Count Alex's Losses
After listening to him on 810 and reading this, (not that I am surprised) Pioli can suck a fat cock.

Thanks for pissing me off more Scott Pioli dirt bag muther fucker.

YOU are the biggest mistake of all asshole.

That was a waste of 4 minutes. Pioli is a waste of oxygen.

I backed Pioli until 2010. At the start of 2011 more things started to point in his direction as signs of fail. And it's only gotten worse. I see through his BS now.

http://i.imgur.com/N8Qu4.gif

Strongside
I'm actually really happy about his approach to the interview. I was hoping that he wouldn't come out and say something elaborate that would make fans say "well, maybe we should give this guy a little more time and see if he can get it right."...all he's done here is further cement the overwhelming consensus that he is a bumbling dipshit that will never win with this team.

This fuck head is gone...soon. SOON.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Fixed. Gronkowski was taken in the 2nd, and the Chiefs took McCluster instead. Ugh.

Fixed? You didn't fix shit.

Pioli opted for McCluster, Arenas and Asamoah over Graham, Gronk and Hernandez, yet he moved up for Moeaki.

Either way, Pioli missed because Moeaki has been a shell of his former self this year.

BoneKrusher
10-17-2012, 01:19 PM
If you weren't saying this in 2010 with a detailed explanation of why Earl Thomas is better than Eric Berry, then shut the **** up. Nobody cares.

i did say i liked Thomas better in 2010 but i was not here, at another board.

Thomas has made 10 times more impact than Berry at the pro level... so far.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 01:20 PM
There is our answer to if he would draft a top rated QB in the draft. Nope.

fucking asshole prick. I knew he wouldn't too.

Nah, he just doesn't want to give away his 2013 draft strategy

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Well the fanbase should certainly feel relieved after this interview.

KC kid
10-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Hey Scott.....why don't you go ahead and talk about how you passed over Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski for Tony Moeaki.

He did not pass on gronk for Moeaki. He passed on Aaron Hernandez

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Pioli FAIL:

I'm lovin' it!

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 01:22 PM
He did not pass on gronk for Moeaki. He passed on Aaron Hernandez

Jesus Fuck.

:facepalm:

So, Pioli didn't draft McCluster before Gronk went off the board?

Strongside
10-17-2012, 01:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oMmyf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AjrWR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bDw02.jpg

Marcellus
10-17-2012, 01:25 PM
I like his answers, it confirms he doesn't get it and he is going to be out the door soon because there is no hope the moron can turn this team around.

stevenidol
10-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Jesus ****.

:facepalm:

So, Pioli didn't draft McCluster before Gronk went off the board?

You stated it wrong, not our fault.

Agent V
10-17-2012, 01:27 PM
I hate how this simpleton talks.

He had impact. He also had impact. Him had impact too. We must get better. I must get better. Eryone must get better now. Then we be good. Coach is good.

*grunts* *farts* *leaps out window and into tree like ape*

KCSportsZone86
10-17-2012, 01:28 PM
The Star pressed him way harder then Petro :clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate

Because Petro is a useless fucking tool, and always has been regarding this regime.

teedubya
What a complete waste of fucking words, Pioli... why are you interviewing with the media again? Good Lord, Chunt can't allow this shit to continue.

SNR
10-17-2012, 01:29 PM
I hate how this simpleton talks.

He had impact. He also had impact. Him had impact too. We must get better. I must get better. Eryone must get better now. Then we be good. Coach is good.

*grunts* *farts* *leaps out window and into tree like ape*

*grunt* Cassel make Scott feel warm at night

O.city
10-17-2012, 01:29 PM
The wheels for him to throw anyone and everyone under the bus so he can keep his job/rep have begun to turn.

Asshat knows he's on his way out. He was forced by Clark to do these interviews

Agent V
10-17-2012, 01:30 PM

Yeah, at least they asked decent questions. He just didn't answer them. Nobody in this organization talks like a human being.

Hog Farmer
10-17-2012, 01:30 PM
After reading that I feel a lot better about Pioli and the job he's doing !

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Tyson Jackson is playing well. LMAO

What a buffoon.

Shitcan this douche, Clark.

Agent V
10-17-2012, 01:31 PM
*grunt* Cassel make Scott feel warm at night

. . . *fart*

beach tribe
10-17-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm actually really happy about his approach to the interview. I was hoping that he wouldn't come out and say something elaborate that would make fans say "well, maybe we should give this guy a little more time and see if he can get it right."...all he's done here is further cement the overwhelming consensus that he is a bumbling dipshit that will never win with this team.

This **** head is gone...soon. SOON.

Yup, he came out and proved that all of the shit that we thought he was clueless about is actually true. Didn't even accept the fact that he was completely wrong about Cassel, and that QB was the #1 priority for this team.
That should be enough to convince Clark that he's gotta go.
Clark is aware of the importance of a top young QB prospect. That was one of the first things he said when he took over the team.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't know if Moeaki sucks, or if our inept QBs just can't get the ball to him.

Tribal Warfare
10-17-2012, 01:35 PM
During training camp, you were confident quarterback Matt Cassel could lead this team to a championship. What’s happened to him?

Nice deflection dickcheese

Dicky McElephant
10-17-2012, 01:36 PM

He didn't state it....I did.

He passed on Gronkowski for Moeaki. He had a chance to grab Gronkowski in the 2nd.....therefore he passed on him.

Strongside
10-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Fixed:

Surprise? Is it a puppy?

No puppy? I am disappoint.

“Me contract good. Loooots of moneys. Many many dollars for to put daughter in private school for her not be scared by Chiefs fan.”

“Aliens."

“Me confused about question. Puppy now?"

“Romeo doing great job. Sometimes he hold play sheet in right hand, sometime in left hand. My favorite is when he hold it in his pants. Romeo good. Todd Haley baaaad.”

“9 out of ten for pants holding playsheet.”

“I am Matt's father. Matt is son of Scott. Scott must protect spawn.”

“Puppy.”

“Me want win super bowel. Like Bill and Tom in old times. Those were fun for Scott. I love the shiny football on stick.”

• Is that coaching?

“Is that a puppy in that box over there?”

“53 big fluffy puppies on the wall, 53 big fluffy puppies. Take one down, pass it around, 52 big fluffy puppies on the wall!!! PUPPIES!”

“Scott tired. Scott go home go bed now. Chiefs fans happy now? Scott go bed.”

BoneKrusher
10-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I still think Berry turns out to be the better player. He's obviously not 100% and is being used incorrectly on top of it.

Yep i agree.
RAC's bend and break scheme sucks.

Ace Gunner
10-17-2012, 01:38 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NJG75FJkjr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the Talking Can
10-17-2012, 01:43 PM
and he STILL will not criticize Matt Cassel

we have the worst fucking QB in the league, and no one in four years will hold him accountable FOR BEING THE WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE

jesus fuck this smug asshole deserves to be fired yesterday

Easy 6
10-17-2012, 01:44 PM
“Romeo doing great job. Sometimes he hold play sheet in right hand, sometime in left hand. My favorite is when he hold it in his pants.

LMAO

the Talking Can
10-17-2012, 01:49 PM

we have the worst fucking QB in the league, and no one in four years will hold him accountable FOR BEING THE WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE

jesus fuck this smug asshole deserves to be fired yesterday

wazu
10-17-2012, 01:54 PM
If the point of this media blitz was to further demoralize the fanbase and somehow push our confidence in Pioli even lower, mission accomplished.

BossChief
10-17-2012, 01:54 PM
BTW they are saying on 610 that they plan on throwing a lot of hardballs at Pioli and have heavily criticized the interviews from 810 and the Star as being friendly to him.

They say their interview will start between 2:15 and 2:25

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 01:55 PM

we have the worst ****ing QB in the league, and no one in four years will hold him accountable FOR BEING THE WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE

jesus **** this smug asshole deserves to be fired yesterday

He is not going to call out his prize in public, not surprising.

Next time Pioli sees Cassel in the locker room, he will sneak up behind him and give him a wedgie, then whisper in his ear to try harder.

FAX
10-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Confucius say: "Pioli like girl with beehive hairdo. Both stuck in past and hate fans."

FAX

whoman69
10-17-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't know why he even did the interview. He didn't really give any answers. He does show that he is disconnected from the reality of the NFL with his answer on needing an elite QB. If Matt Cassel were playing well, this team is still not a playoff team. He's not good enough and never will be. The last time he was in the game we had to gameplan the QB out of the game.

FAX
10-17-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't know why he even did the interview. He didn't really give any answers. He does show that he is disconnected from the reality of the NFL with his answer on needing an elite QB. If Matt Cassel were playing well, this team is still not a playoff team. He's not good enough and never will be. The last time he was in the game we had to gameplan the QB out of the game.

He thinks the fans are stupid. There can be no other answer.

Oh ... and the media hacks are not helping that perception.

FAX

Dicky McElephant
10-17-2012, 01:58 PM
BTW they are saying on 610 that they plan on throwing a lot of hardballs at Pioli and have heavily criticized the interviews from 810 and the Star as being friendly to him.

They say their interview will start between 2:15 and 2:25

That 2:15 CST?

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 01:59 PM

we have the worst ****ing QB in the league, and no one in four years will hold him accountable FOR BEING THE WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE

THIS

THIS

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 02:00 PM

You're clearly missing a chromosome

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-17-2012, 02:01 PM

Next time Pioli sees Cassel in the locker room, he will sneak up behind him and give him a wedgie, then whisper in his ear to try harder.

Somebody show me when a GM has EVER thrown a player under the bus in one of these interviews. It's the same canned PR bullshit every GM, coach, and player says. I don't know why people expect different. It is what it is.

BossChief
10-17-2012, 02:04 PM
That 2:15 CST?

They just said "around 20 minutes from now" so somewhere between 2:15 and 2:25 or so.

Graystoke
10-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Pioli shoula just phoned this one in.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a4q3ByEnRg4/TlZdcQXehcI/AAAAAAAAAOI/AzREXttCbMM/s1600/peggy.jpeg

BossChief
10-17-2012, 02:05 PM
FYI it's pre recorded.

qabbaan
10-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Pioli should be jailed for impersonating a General Manager.

BossChief
10-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I bet Pioli has declined interviews with Jack Harry.

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 02:11 PM

Oh ... and the media hacks are not helping that perception.

FAX

I get it that Pioli thinks he can out smart everybody even the NFL without having to have an elit quarterback. By picking Ricky Stanzi in the 5th he thinks he can out smart history of getting one in the first just like they fell with Tommy fucking Brady. He thinks because Casshole was 11-5 in NE and 10-6 here in 2010 he had justified Casshole as our guy, did his job. He out smarted himself with that one.

There is no justification but what is in his dumbass mind. Pioli Dumbass/milkman

okoye35chiefs
10-17-2012, 02:12 PM
stuck to the standard patriot way answers... SMH

Molitoth
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
By picking Ricky Stanzi in the 5th he thinks he can out smart history of getting one in the first just like they fell with Tommy ****ing Brady.

TBH I don't even know why he picked Stanzi.... he won't even get him on the field.

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Did Pioli ever date Carly Simon, by any chance?

FAX

Graystoke
10-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Did Pioli ever date Carly Simon, by any chance?

FAX

Now why would you wanna drag Carly Simon though the mud like that?

ReynardMuldrake
10-17-2012, 02:20 PM
“I don’t believe his plate is too full. I’ve watched, whether perception or reality, every head coach has a greater input into one side of the ball or the other, or even some times special teams. Romeo has a couple of experienced coaches on the defensive staff that have a lot to do with game-planning, with figuring things out, and (linebackers coach) Gary Gibbs and (secondary coach) Emmitt Thomas along with some other coaches … this is an experienced staff on defense. Romeo is the coordinator, but I’ve seen this before, and it’s worked, and it can continue to work. There are times we are playing very well on defense.”

CHIEFS 2012: WE ARE PLAYING VERY WELL AT TIMES

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Together Is Confusing!

FAX

the Talking Can
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
CHIEFS 2012: WE ARE PLAYING VERY WELL AT TIMES

:clap:

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:22 PM

Hey ... just asking ... just asking ...

Elton John, maybe?

FAX

the Talking Can
10-17-2012, 02:22 PM

FAX

when your fanbase is made up of posters like woodchuck, he's right

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Hey ... just asking ... just asking ...

Elton John, maybe?

FAX

Mr Black Bob may have the answer. Let's ask one of his mults.

FAX
10-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Mr. BlackBob is back?

FAX

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Mr. BlackBob is back?

FAX

Either him or multiple clones of him.

HemiEd
10-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Somebody show me when a GM has EVER thrown a player under the bus in one of these interviews. It's the same canned PR bullshit every GM, coach, and player says. I don't know why people expect different. It is what it is.

Exactly.

It would be nice to hear what they say behind closed doors though.

rabblerouser
10-17-2012, 02:35 PM

^truth - you can try and second-guess that, but the consensus in April of 2010 was that Berry would step in and start from day one, making the team that drafted him immediately better...

It's really the only Pioli pick that I'm NOT gonna bitch about.

Coogs
10-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Was this whole interview with Covitz only? Or did Mellinger get a chance to ask questions too?

Frosty
10-17-2012, 03:01 PM

Fax was taking Pioli's name in "vain", not Carly's.

2bikemike
10-17-2012, 05:01 PM

When I was a kid I would tell my mom I wish I could have this or that. And she would reply "Well you can shit in one hand and wish in the other Let me know which one fills up first"

Personally I bet Matt does wish he played better. But sometimes things are just out of your reach and nothing you do is going to change that.

KCTitus
10-17-2012, 05:14 PM

“I don’t waste energy on that stuff"....

Right, he's got to police the improperly disposed of gum wrappers outside the locker room and find out who stole that missing quart of strawberries. (an obscure Caine Mutiny reference)

Sorter
10-17-2012, 05:52 PM
It's really the only Pioli pick that I'm NOT gonna bitch about.

Please don't tell me you're going to bitch about Houston.

htismaqe
10-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Our fearless leader Austinchief was a big Earl Thomas fan before either him or Berry were drafted. I don't remember who he had as his #1 but he was all over Thomas so kudos to him.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Our fearless leader Austinchief was a big Earl Thomas fan before either him or Berry were drafted. I don't remember who he had as his #1 but he was all over Thomas so kudos to him.

Yeah, he was a big fan.

Of course the Austin part of his name might play a little role.

:D

I kid, I kid!

L.A. Chieffan
10-17-2012, 08:12 PM
This guy is more full of shit than a Mexican outhouse.

Simply Red
10-17-2012, 08:13 PM
This guy is more full of shit than a Mexican outhouse.

he just doesn't kow how to use Cassel.

O.city
10-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Should have pushed him when he said Jackson, Berry and Moeaki have contributed.

"Exactly how have they contributed"?

Actually nevermind, he would have scripted some bullshit line for it.

L.A. Chieffan
10-17-2012, 08:14 PM
he just doesn't kow how to use Cassel.

SR, why aren't we at Dorsias right now?

Mr_Tomahawk
10-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason
NFL types: Pioli spent the day meeting privately w/KC Star, two KC radio stations and the AP. Is this an unusual level of damage control?

rico
10-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Tyson....Jackson.....is playing well????

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

:#:#:#:#

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m714wxGXIP1rp0rmqo1_500.gif

Bump
10-17-2012, 09:23 PM
I loved the last question, ROFL

shouldn't there be some, you know, impact players after 4 drafts? hahaa

Tits McGee
10-17-2012, 09:26 PM
I can't believed he used the word. "wishes", twice...
I wish the SOB will go away and take the head coach with him.

Inmem58
10-17-2012, 09:33 PM
@benmaller: Titans Matt Hasselbeck and Chiefs Matt Cassel are only qualified quarterbacks WITHOUT at least one 40+ passing play this season.

PA Chiefs
10-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Pathetic this GM Coach QB Owner everything, I can't believe any other teams fans actually have to see or here this garbage This is disgusting my whole life I've been a chiefs fan what do have to show for it 93 and 03 thats it. 03 is horrible that is consider something great a one and done

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 10:20 PM

There has got to be compromising photos from back in NE of Pioli and Cassell somewhere. Only explanation I can think of.

Ace Gunner
10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/af/DryToast.jpg/220px-DryToast.jpg