PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs SaveOurChiefs: Nov. 18, 2012 Blackout Arrowhead

Pages : [1] 2

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Mods Please Sticky

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(October 17, 2012)

Organizers behind the Save Our Chiefs movement have designated November 18, 2012 against the Cincinnati Bengals as the official Blackout Arrowhead game. Not a blackout in the traditional sense where the game isn't televised but instead one where the fans wear black to the game. Why a Blackout? To send a visual message that Chief fans are tired of broken leadership and subpar performance on the field. Black is a color commonly attributed to “mourning” which is the state of mind, play and spirit of the Chiefs fan base.

Organizers released this official statement on Wednesday, October 17, 2012:

"We, the donators and supporters of the banner and movement, have been accused of being fair weather fans. This is simply not true. We are passionate fans who live and die with this team on Sunday. If we were fair weather fans, we would have found something else to do a long time ago. Instead, we have gone hoarse by the second quarter and not been able to speak right the next day. We have painted our faces and worn costumes, even formed charitable organizations that have raised tens of thousands of dollars to benefit the local community. We have made life-long friends and are as dedicated a Chiefs fan as anyone else.

We haven't given up the team. We are tired of losing. We are tired of not being competitive. We are tired of seeing Arrowhead as a shell of what it used to be.

We who have been loyal for so long deserve better than what we have received. We have endured 19 painful years with no playoff wins. While it’s acknowledged that the organization has won the AFC West, as recently as 2010, they mean nothing when they are immediately followed by playoff losses. We have had a single appearance in the AFC championship game since 1970 (1993) and we lost. In 1984, the AFC Championship trophy was named "The Lamar Hunt Trophy". How sad is it that we have never once held the trophy that bears our founders name?

Thousands of us remember the desolation of the 80's and it is something we do not want to see repeated. Thousands of us remember going to games in the late 90's and early 00's and feeling the rumble of the crowd in our feet and chest. We would high five and hug total strangers after a touchdown or a clutch defensive stop. We remember being unable to talk to the person next to us on defensive 3rd downs... all because we knew that we could disrupt the opposing offense and inspire our defense.

Our goal with this movement is to create change so we don't end up forgetting those experiences. We ask everyone to attend the Chiefs/Bengals game on November 18 to wear black and cheer for the Chiefs. Send a message that Sea of Red will quickly change and disappear if change isn't made. Arrowhead will once again be empty like it was in the 80s.

To learn more about the Save Our Chiefs movement please follow us at www.saveourchiefs.com, at www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs, on Twitter @SaveOurChiefs, or the original thread on www.chiefsplanet.com.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Not using the pic?

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Re-tweeted and shared on FB.

DMAC
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
There is more to life.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
The image is now on FB and Twitter.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Paint It Black - Blackout Arrowhead November 18, 2012

okoye35chiefs
10-17-2012, 03:05 PM
love it!

DMAC
10-17-2012, 03:05 PM
You would need to paint the seats black too. Because they will be empty.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UUPfy.jpg

okoye35chiefs
10-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Love this part:

We haven't given up the team. We are tired of losing. We are tired of not being competitive. We are tired of seeing Arrowhead as a shell of what it used to be. :mad:

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-17-2012, 03:12 PM
well, if Joe Schmo is dressed in black and we see an empty red seat, I guess it makes that empty seat stand out even more. This is the art of color contrasting.

Pestilence
10-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Easy way to handle that.......start handing out trash bags before the game.

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2012, 03:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UUPfy.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u6d8eKvegLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Theme song

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/InRDF_0lfHk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clay can make a video. I know it would kick ass

I am inspired

bevischief
10-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Easy way to handle that.......start handing out trash bags before the game.

Yep.

Bane
10-17-2012, 03:35 PM
4 of will be there in all black and Guy Fawkes masks.

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 03:35 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u6d8eKvegLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAMN you beat me Dave

**** :cuss:

oh well good call bro. :thumb::D

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 03:39 PM
I will put out a video of a red Arrowhead fading to black with the Stones ASAP.

It will be gloriously evil.

Bane
10-17-2012, 03:41 PM
^ Nice.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 03:42 PM
A couple more losses, and a video to hit the fan base hard with the message again could be perfect.

This idea will grow on people the more we suck.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-17-2012, 03:45 PM
If Cassel starts, everyone toss your hats onto the field.

Bane
10-17-2012, 03:51 PM
^ Or face palm!

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
DAMN you beat me Dave

**** :cuss:

oh well good call bro. :thumb::D

It would be cool if that song could be played in the stadium. :D

zimdogg
10-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Better have black Friday as well.

qabbaan
10-17-2012, 04:38 PM
This isn't going to be good.

As popular as this movement might be on Chiefs Planet, the reach of a poster or two here and a twitter feed is small.

Only a small subset of the people reached have tickets to the Bengals game.

Only a subset of the people who have tickets would have showed up to see a team that stands a good chance to be 1-9 at that point.

Only a few people who have tickets, will actually go, will remember or desire to wear black.

All this is going to do is produce shrugs when a few dozen people show up... wearing a color that is one of the road team's secondary colors. It won't even stand out that much.

In contrast with the people wearing read ("still supporting the team"), its going to make the movement look like a vocal but tiny minority, which plays right into Pioli's hands.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah? Feel free to sit on a rusty garden hoe.

Ben N 58men
10-17-2012, 04:42 PM
@bobfescoe: I just can't stomach this #chiefs nonsense anymore. Season ticket holders lets make some noise on Oct 28th!

chiefzilla1501
10-17-2012, 04:54 PM

As popular as this movement might be on Chiefs Planet, the reach of a poster or two here and a twitter feed is small.

Only a subset of the people who have tickets would have showed up to see a team that stands a good chance to be 1-9 at that point.

Only a few people who have tickets, will actually go, will remember or desire to wear black.

All this is going to do is produce shrugs when a few dozen people show up... wearing a color that is one of the road team's secondary colors. It won't even stand out that much.

In contrast with the people wearing read ("still supporting the team"), its going to make the movement look like a vocal but tiny minority, which plays right into Pioli's hands.

I think this undermines a lot of their really impressive effort to build followers and build publicity for the movement. It's not like it's limited to a few guys on CP this is reaching.

Coogs
10-17-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd rather see a packed parking lot during the game, with a completely empty stadium. Not one fucking seat occupied.

Old Dog
10-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Love it.
This possibly gives me a reason to go to a game this year.......buying already paid for tickets from the secondary market, of course, so that nobody really gives Clark any more money that he doesn't already have.

DaFace

I'll admit that I'm doubtful that there will be a huge impact in terms of the percentage of people who end up wearing black to the game, but you've gotta start somewhere. Hopefully it's enough to at least get noticed, which would then build more momentum.

RunKC
I will never wear Raiders black to a Raiders game. EVER.

I'd rather just not go to the game.

DaFace
10-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Bengals, Raiders...who can tell the difference?

stevieray
10-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Better have black Friday as well.

...is this where people trample each other to return Chiefs merchandise?

BossChief
10-17-2012, 05:11 PM
haha

Luck has it that I will be going to this game with a few buddies...Ill be sure to wear a black hoodie.

Bearcat
10-17-2012, 05:14 PM

Meh... I'm sure management knows it would take a huge effort to pull this off, just like you've described. It's not like he's going to be worried today and then relieved on 11/18, or even not worried today and thinking "I knew they loved us!" on game day. At worst, he'll shrug it off today and on game day, and the effort will have cost little money while providing more exposure to the overall cause.

qabbaan
10-17-2012, 05:22 PM
I'll admit that I'm doubtful that there will be a huge impact in terms of the percentage of people who end up wearing black to the game, but you've gotta start somewhere. Hopefully it's enough to at least get noticed, which would then build more momentum.

It will play right into what Pioli's narrative would be. That maybe this looked like a public uprising with the banner and all, but really now we see that this is a vocal, dedicated, but small group of fans speaking out from their passion for the team. And I appreciate them and their passion for our franchise.

Etc.

The banner was successful because some working class fans were so incensed that they pooled their money. What we are tapping here is not the number of people who were dissatisfied, but how MUCH this group was dissatisfied. That was the strength, that made headlines. A small but dedicated group doing something extraordinary.

This "wear a black tshirt" thing moves off that strength to a weakness - the percentage of fans who are angry. Not unhappy, angry. That's not in our favor. The average fan is annoyed or apathetic but not angry enough.

It's the wrong battlefield. When you are outnumbered you avoid direct confrontation.

JMO

Old Dog
10-17-2012, 05:28 PM

You can lead a horse to water, but sometimes you're really better off if you just to shoot the damned thing.

bowener
10-17-2012, 05:34 PM
I was trying to explain this to a friend earlier. He just wants people to stop going to the games in general. I explained that the way I see it, this black out is a great way for those that have ST or already purchased tickets (and don't just want to eat the cost) can go and show their displeasure/hate for the current state of the franchise. He is behind this now.

Dayze
10-17-2012, 06:06 PM
guy at work: "Chiefs aren't that bad. they're having a horrible year. People are over reacting"

me: "7 playoff wins in ffranchise history"

him: "......................"

over reacting my ass.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Bluto: "Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no."

Otter: "Germans?"

Boon: "Forget it. He's rolling."

Bluto: "And it ain't over now."

Halfcan
10-17-2012, 07:01 PM
How about just saving all the money and Not going. I refused to watch the game last week when we got drilled by the Bucs and spent the day at several art musuems and enjoying the weather. Best game I Never watched!!

Mr_Tomahawk
10-17-2012, 07:12 PM
You think Clark and Pioli will really care...?

You buy tickets and wear red.

You buy tickets and wear black.

Clark makes money in both scenarios.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 07:14 PM
The tickets are already paid for in most cases.

If you don't think Pioli would be embarrassed by a stadium full of black, and Clark horrified by what had happened to the franchise, you're wrong.

Pioli would be the laughing stock of the NFL.

A GM who made the fan base abandon their colors.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-17-2012, 07:17 PM
The tickets are already paid for in most cases.

If you don't think Pioli would be embarrassed by a stadium full of black, and Clark horrified by what had happened to the franchise, you're wrong.

Pioli would be the laughing stock of the NFL.

A GM who made the fan base abandon their colors.

Abandon...? I bet they come back the following week.

I like the banner flying overhead more. Pioli will convince himself [and Clark] that the fans are not satisfied by the product on the field and use Romeo and Cassel as his scapegoats. Convince Clark to let him draft a QB, Laundry Jone [FML], to try to bring arrowhead back.

The banner is pretty straight forward. "-----------, Fire Pioli-saveourchiefs.com"

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Pioli will not be here. I guarantee it.

I'll leave this board for a year if he isn't fired.

He will be.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Pioli will not be here. I guarantee it.

I'll leave this board for a year if he isn't fired.

He will be.

You said he would gone Tuesday.

Count Zarth
10-17-2012, 07:22 PM
You said he would gone Tuesday.

I said I thought he might be.

Made no guarantees.

His ass is gone, though. Count on it.

Dayze
10-17-2012, 07:29 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BftPWuOrS8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr_Tomahawk
10-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Hopefully the fans already own a black coat of sorts...

Rain Man
10-17-2012, 08:10 PM
You think Clark and Pioli will really care...?

You buy tickets and wear red.

You buy tickets and wear black.

Clark makes money in both scenarios.

Another good protest would be to not buy food or beverages for the whole game. At least, I think it would be a good protest.

Chocolate Hog
10-17-2012, 08:20 PM
I see on Frescoes Twitter he's imterviewing the guy from save our chiefs.

TEX
10-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Another good protest would be to not buy food or beverages for the whole game. At least, I think it would be a good protest.

I agree.

bowener
10-17-2012, 10:05 PM

And shit in the urinals and piss in the trash cans.

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 10:16 PM
It would be cool if that song could be played in the stadium. :D

What would be cool is if we can pull an NWO card and put up Clays video of the song on the jumbo tron in the middle of the first quarter. ON the jumbo tron kick ass.

KC Tattoo
10-17-2012, 10:23 PM
There is still going be people wear red at the game, got to have some way to pass out black t-shirts with SaveOurChiefs.com on them. Is that in the plans?

Dayze
10-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Just send MoHillbilly and the poster who is a river boat captain (whose name escapes me) to stand at a ticket station. they could casually ask those wearing red "You're not wearing that are you. I have this nice black shirt you can wear. isn't it nice? I said, ISN'T IT NICE"?

that outta do it.

teedubya
10-17-2012, 11:09 PM
There is still going be people wear red at the game, got to have some way to pass out black t-shirts with SaveOurChiefs.com on them. Is that in the plans?

SaveOurChiefs would need a sponsor for that, but who'd risk their relationship with the Chiefs? You can get shirts for $2.5-$3 ish if you order in big bulk. Too risky.

AussieChiefsFan
10-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Smart choice to not do this blackout against the Raiders.

bevischief
10-18-2012, 06:34 AM
If Cassel starts, everyone toss your hats onto the field.

Just walk out. Don't toss anything on the field.

bevischief
10-18-2012, 06:38 AM
Hopefully the fans already own a black coat of sorts...

Trash bag works.

memyselfI
10-18-2012, 06:45 AM
I'd rather see a packed parking lot during the game, with a completely empty stadium. Not one ****ing seat occupied.

This. It symbolically gives back the same message the franchise has been giving the fans for years...

we are 'THAT CLOSE.' Fans are still there but 'that close' to being gone.

memyselfI
10-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Smart choice to not do this blackout against the Raiders.

Except that it would get a shit ton of media play. I can see it on ESPN now. Whose fans are so frustrated they donned the opposing rival team's color to make a statement to the franchise and why?

AussieChiefsFan
10-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Except that it would get a shit ton of media play. I can see it on ESPN now. Whose fans are so frustrated they donned the opposing rival team's color to make a statement to the franchise and why?

It would've, but there would be much fewer people willing to participate, if it was against our most hated rival, who wears that colour.

memyselfI
10-18-2012, 06:50 AM
...is this where people trample each other to return Chiefs merchandise?

Oh God, don't say that. :D It's bad enough they aren't buying Chiefs merchandise and killing retail businesses who sell their crap.

memyselfI
10-18-2012, 06:52 AM
It would've, but there would be much fewer people willing to participate, if it was against our most hated rival, who wears that colour.

I understand but that it was makes the statement SOOOOO much bolder. Not to mention you capitalize on the immediacy of the pissed of mood now. One or two wins and you start to lose people who will once again believe the team is turning it around.

Happens every year...

AussieChiefsFan
10-18-2012, 06:54 AM
I understand but that it was makes the statement SOOOOO much bolder. Not to mention you capitalize on the immediacy of the pissed of mood now. One or two wins and you start to lose people who will once again believe the team is turning it around.

Happens every year...

Very True. But (my opinion anyway) there wouldnt be nearly enough people willing to wear black against the raiders to make a big impact.

memyselfI
10-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Very True. But (my opinion anyway) there wouldnt be nearly enough people willing to wear black against the raiders to make a big impact.

Agreed. Let's hope there are still enough fans attending by the Bengals game to make an impact.

AussieChiefsFan
10-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Agreed. Let's hope there are still enough fans attending by the Bengals game to make an impact.

Yeah. And hopefully all this doesn't have to drag on until the last home game.

theelusiveeightrop
10-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Hard to find a black grocery sack. Looks as if I will get creative with some black spray paint, stop huffing, and actually paint something.

okoye35chiefs
10-18-2012, 07:17 AM
agree with coogs, that would be pretty funny for them to try to explain.

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Marty sounds great on the radio!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

suds79
10-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Good job in the interview Marty.

Nice work. :thumb:

Molitoth
10-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Nice job on 610 Marty!

Bane
10-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Way to give it to them on 610!

Pablo
10-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Just listened on 610 and Marty effin killed it.

Kudos.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Was the blackout mentioned?

Molitoth
10-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Was the blackout mentioned?

Yeah, that was the main topic of the interview.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Yeah, that was the main topic of the interview.

Awesome!

Pestilence
10-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Anybody record it?

KCUnited
10-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Anybody record it?

The podcast is posted.

http://www.610sports.com/pages/10085999.php?

Pestilence
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
The podcast is posted.

Thanks man.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Let the hate FLOWWWWWWWWWWWW through you!

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys....really glad I didn't come across as a douche bag.

Pestilence
10-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys....really glad I didn't come across as a douche bag.

You came across as a well spoken guy who knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Sports Nutz over by Arrowhead has contacted us about doing shirts for the black outs. They'll get black Chiefs t-shirts but they are willing to print some SaveOurChiefs gear and carry them with no risk to the group. Thoughts?

Pestilence
10-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Sports Nutz over by Arrowhead has contacted us about doing shirts for the black outs. They'll get black Chiefs t-shirts but they are willing to print some SaveOurChiefs gear and carry them with no risk to the group. Thoughts?

Fuck yeah. Let me know if they'll be able to do online orders. Otherwise I'll send someone some money to pick one up for me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2012, 09:54 AM

Wow. SN has been selling gear for as long as I can remember. That's very cool.

BourbonMan
10-18-2012, 10:00 AM
I posted this in the other thread too.
The only problem I see with doing T-shirts is...It's november, it will most likely be cold. I myself will be wearing my Black Carharts and Black coat..maybe have them do sweat-shirts or hoodies.

InChiefsHell
10-18-2012, 10:02 AM
That was a great interview...well said and you sounded totally sane and reasonable...

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-18-2012, 10:10 AM
I was lacking caffeine. :)

That was a great interview...well said and you sounded totally sane and reasonable...

theelusiveeightrop
10-18-2012, 10:15 AM
The podcast is posted.

Muchas Gracias.

Bewbies
10-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Good job on the radio!!

theelusiveeightrop
10-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Excellent interview.

Old Dog
10-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Great job Marty

Detoxing
10-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Im curious to see how many people "Paint it Black" if the Chiefs go on a winning streak leading up to that game.

TBH, i HIGHLY doubt this will work. Traditional fans (AKA Older Season Ticket Holders) are not going to want to see their beloved stadium take on Raider Colors, no matter how bad the team is performing.

The mere thought of wearing black on Sunday would likely enrage some of them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Im curious to see how many people "Paint it Black" if the Chiefs go on a winning streak leading up to that game.

TBH, i HIGHLY doubt this will work. Traditional fans (AKA Older Season Ticket Holders) are not going to want to see their beloved stadium take on Raider Colors, no matter how bad the team is performing.

Only through excruciating pain can they grow.

BigMeatballDave
10-18-2012, 10:52 AM

LMAO

'winning streak'

BigMeatballDave
10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
I was lacking caffeine. :)

I lost it when you mentioned Jake O'Connell.

LMAO

InChiefsHell
10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
LMAO

'winning streak'

I laughed too, but he has a point. But, before that game, we play the Raiders, Chargers and Steelers...doesn't seem like a legit concern after all...

Detoxing
10-18-2012, 10:56 AM
LMAO

'winning streak'

LMAO LMAO

Because the Chiefs have done before!

LMAO LMAO

And it only takes 2 games to get everyone cheering for this team again!

LMAO LMAO LMAO

:rolleyes:

DMAC
10-18-2012, 10:59 AM
You are a better interview than the Chiefs GM.

Nice work.

jettio
10-18-2012, 11:07 AM
I think a lot of people that go to the Chiefs game are mentally stable and root for the team to win, but have a sane reaction when they suck.

I think the distinguishing characteristic of the people wearing black will be that they have an exagerrated vanity brought on by placing irrational importance on whether the Chiefs win or lose.

What happens if the Chiefs play well that day, do the lunatics in black start booing the sane folks in red for having a good day rooting for their team?

Do the lunatics in black cheer the Chiefs if they play well that day?

I think the lunatics in black ought to find something else to do until the team starts looking like a team they can root for and stop all of this look-at-me BS.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-18-2012, 11:22 AM
We are going to cheer the Chiefs and support them. I'm wearing black because I don't like the management but the players get my support. If there wasn't a black out game, and I wore my black Chiefs hoodie anyway, what's the difference?

Answer none.

But now black is associated with sending a message that we are not happy. It's 1 game. I'm not of the ilk to continue a season-long Blackout campaign. It's 1 game.

This has nothing to do with vanity either.

What happens if the Chiefs play well that day, do the lunatics in black start booing the sane folks in red for having a good day rooting for their team?

I think the lunatics in black ought to find something else to do until the team starts looking like a team they can root for and stop all of this look-at-me BS.

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-18-2012, 11:29 AM
I think a lot of people that go to the Chiefs game are mentally stable and root for the team to win, but have a sane reaction when they suck.

I think the distinguishing characteristic of the people wearing black will be that they have an exagerrated vanity brought on by placing irrational importance on whether the Chiefs win or lose.

What a dumbass.

Where has anyone said they don't support the team and won't root for the players? It is the management and coaching we are fed up with.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Bearcat
10-18-2012, 11:37 AM

omg LMAO

One of those times I just assume someone is trolling, because it beats the alternative. Lunatics in black = fans who are upset about having to pay out the ass if they want to see their favorite team live, which has won 3 playoff games in 40+ years. CRAZY! ROFL

Old Dog
10-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Methinks jettio needs to meet DEB. They would get along splendidly.

jettio
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
omg LMAO

One of those times I just assume someone is trolling, because it beats the alternative. Lunatics in black = fans who are upset about having to pay out the ass if they want to see their favorite team live, which has won 3 playoff games in 40+ years. CRAZY! ROFL

Same ones that whined about Marty when he was still a good coach and same ones that clamored for Pioli to be hired as a savior even though they did not know anything about him other than the Patriots record.

The only way this black out would make sense is if these drama queens wear the cutest little black dresses they could squeeze into.

Bearcat
10-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Same ones that whined about Marty when he was still a good coach and same ones that clamored for Pioli to be hired as a savior even though they did not know anything about him other than the Patriots record.

The only way this black out would make sense is if these drama queens wear the cutest little black dresses they could squeeze into.

Seems like you're okay with the status quo, so keep fostering the losing culture by attending games and spending lots of money for a few hours with friends, watching shitty football, and maybe Pioli will stick around for a decade too long like Carl did. Go Cubs!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Seems like you're okay with the status quo, so keep fostering the losing culture by attending games and spending lots of money for a few hours with friends, watching shitty football, and maybe Pioli will stick around for a decade too long like Carl did. Go Cubs!

LMAO

SPchief
10-18-2012, 02:27 PM
The podcast is posted.

Nice job Marty!

ChiefsNow
10-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Nice Job Marty.
How much would it cost to rent a helium tank and fill a bunch of black balloons in the parking lot before the game? And everyone carry a pocket full of black balloons into the game and blow them up, tie them off and just let them go in the stadium. Black balloons just being knocked around the stands, popping everywhere, blowing across the field, etc etc etc.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-18-2012, 03:27 PM
I listened. Great job today!

teedubya
10-18-2012, 03:28 PM
nice work, Marty.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Sportz Nutz, near Arrowhead, will be the official supplier of the Blackout Arrowhead hoodie. Ink color: Chiefs Yellow. We are finalizing the design (to avoid the legal wrath of the Chiefs) and we'll have more details next week.

Fritz88
10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
You came across as a well spoken guy who knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Very well spoken.

I like.

Priest31kc
10-18-2012, 03:52 PM

:facepalm:

GTFO

BigRedChief
10-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Sportz Nutz, near Arrowhead, will be the official supplier of the Blackout Arrowhead hoodie. Ink color: Chiefs Yellow. We are finalizing the design (to avoid the legal wrath of the Chiefs) and we'll have more details next week.All you need to do is change the logo 15% and you are free and clear.

BigRedChief
10-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Nice Job Marty.
How much would it cost to rent a helium tank and fill a bunch of black balloons in the parking lot before the game? And everyone carry a pocket full of black balloons into the game and blow them up, tie them off and just let them go in the stadium. Black balloons just being knocked around the stands, popping everywhere, blowing across the field, etc etc etc.No way jose. We dont want ballons going on to the field. You put something onto the field of play accidently or not, you lose the PR battle immediately.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-18-2012, 04:23 PM
BRC, you still have the best Avatar of them all

All you need to do is change the logo 15% and you are free and clear.

BigRedChief
10-18-2012, 04:33 PM
BRC, you still have the best Avatar of them allyeah I changed it a couple of times in like 2004 and 2007 and people start bitching. Wheres the damn avatar? Some resort to death threats.:rolleyes:

Pestilence
10-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Sportz Nutz, near Arrowhead, will be the official supplier of the Blackout Arrowhead hoodie. Ink color: Chiefs Yellow. We are finalizing the design (to avoid the legal wrath of the Chiefs) and we'll have more details next week.

Do you know if they'll be for sale online?

Iowanian
10-18-2012, 04:39 PM
we should pay close attention to jettio on this topic, as jettio has known to be a lunatic for years.

sportznutz is trying to profit from this movement.
Sportnutz should be required to donate a percentage of sales for use of the logo to be used on this movement funding.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-18-2012, 04:43 PM
They are. Let's end the conspiracy theories before they begin. :)

Sportnutz should be required to donate a percentage of sales for use of the logo to be used on this movement funding.

teedubya
10-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm liking how this has progressed. Nicely done.

Another idea... if SportsNutz is a sponsor, they need some Pioli Facts / Fire Pioli Flyers to give away to every customer.

Price Choppers need these flyers... Wal-marts... Once we have the downloadable PDF, Chiefs fans can distribute as necessary... free from SaveOurChiefs, budgets... NICE.

bigjosh006
10-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Well i cant post the link, but check out busted coverage. they wrote a hate article about SAVEOURCHIEFS and called us a whiney fan base.

Another ass clown from non KC media bashing the cause. Everyone should comment blast the hell out of this.

Pestilence
10-18-2012, 05:19 PM
http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/10/16/year-after-making-playoffs-chiefs-fans-start-save-our-chiefs-campaign-video/

What is the deal with Chiefs fans? They are quickly becoming the most annoying, entitled fan base in the NFL. Quickly gaining traction is a movement known as “Save Our Chiefs”. Honestly, it’s a bunch of Chiefs fans whining, who “think they deserve better”.

Remember Chiefs fans, you made the playoffs last year. You don’t see Bills fans or Browns fans whining like this. Sure every fan base has their select few, but seeing a Twitter account (@SaveOurChiefs) with over 75,000 followers is insane. It ends up being forum for a bunch of babies to whine and moan and act like they are being mistreated.

So how do the bros behind Save Our Chiefs plan on making their voices heard? Well, they have a brilliant idea to have all the fans wear black to a home game…against the Raiders. Brilliant. Keep it up Chiefs fans. Here’s to hoping you babies have another decade of mediocrity to whine about.

Pestilence
10-18-2012, 05:20 PM
The dude doesn't even have his facts straight. We're not wearing black against the Raiders.

BigRedChief
10-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Well i cant post the link, but check out busted coverage. they wrote a hate article about SAVEOURCHIEFS and called us a whiney fan base.

Another ass clown from non KC media bashing the cause. Everyone should comment blast the hell out of this.Stay positive and keep moving forward. When you have the wind at your back, take the high road. Dont let haters distract or bring you off message.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
http://bustedcoverage.com/2012/10/16/year-after-making-playoffs-chiefs-fans-start-save-our-chiefs-campaign-video/

What is the deal with Chiefs fans? They are quickly becoming the most annoying, entitled fan base in the NFL. Quickly gaining traction is a movement known as “Save Our Chiefs”. Honestly, it’s a bunch of Chiefs fans whining, who “think they deserve better”.

Remember Chiefs fans, you made the playoffs last year. You don’t see Bills fans or Browns fans whining like this. Sure every fan base has their select few, but seeing a Twitter account (@SaveOurChiefs) with over 75,000 followers is insane. It ends up being forum for a bunch of babies to whine and moan and act like they are being mistreated.

So how do the bros behind Save Our Chiefs plan on making their voices heard? Well, they have a brilliant idea to have all the fans wear black to a home game…against the Raiders. Brilliant. Keep it up Chiefs fans. Here’s to hoping you babies have another decade of mediocrity to whine about.

Firebomb that jackass.

SPchief
10-18-2012, 05:30 PM
The dude doesn't even have his facts straight. We're not wearing black against the Raiders.

Well the most obvious fact that he missed is that he said we made the playoffs last year.

Chocolate Hog
10-18-2012, 05:43 PM

The Chiefs made the playoffs last year?

Count Zarth
10-18-2012, 05:45 PM
It's nice that the people against this movement are mouth breathing morons.

bevischief
10-18-2012, 05:46 PM
**** yeah. Let me know if they'll be able to do online orders. Otherwise I'll send someone some money to pick one up for me.

Same here. The Damit Carl T shirts no one up here knows who it is about up here. Just might have to mix one with black tomorrow...

Dayze
10-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Marty -...excellent job.

tdurden58
10-18-2012, 11:17 PM
nice idea but too long to wait. .i think it should be done against the raiders. .
that would send a message . . the message ur sending by waiting a month is half assed. .
alot can change in that time..

Count Zarth
10-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Wow.

Even WPI is on board.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=9924235

Guru
10-18-2012, 11:35 PM
I get a kick out of everyone crying over wearing black to a Chiefs game. Seriously, what has this organization done to deserve us wearing red?

BossChief
10-18-2012, 11:36 PM
If we are gonna be passing out flyers on gameday, we better look into the legality of that. Without a permit, Pioli will be itching to have some people arrested.

Id also like to add that I think we need to have something on the hoodies show our support for THE PLAYERS AND THE MILITARY that will be getting honored that day.

This needs to be a clear sign of anti support for MANAGEMENT ONLY.

JMO

Discuss Thrower
10-18-2012, 11:38 PM
If we are gonna be passing out flyers on gameday, we better look into the legality of that. Without a permit, Pioli will be itching to have some people arrested.

Id also like to add that I think we need to have something on the hoodies show our support for THE PLAYERS AND THE MILITARY that will begetting honored that day.

Solicitation perhaps?

BossChief
10-18-2012, 11:40 PM
I just dont want the players to get the wrong idea and make statements that will make this whole thing counterproductive.

BossChief
10-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Something on the hoodies that would say "WE ARE HERE ONLY TO SUPPORT THE PLAYERS THAT, LIKE US, DESERVE BETTER"

mdchiefsfan
10-19-2012, 04:53 AM
Something on the hoodies that would say "WE ARE HERE ONLY TO SUPPORT THE PLAYERS THAT, LIKE US, DESERVE BETTER"

:clap:

bevischief
10-19-2012, 06:03 AM
nice idea but too long to wait. .i think it should be done against the raiders. .
that would send a message . . the message ur sending by waiting a month is half assed. .
alot can change in that time..

Just die and never come back.

cyborgtable
10-19-2012, 07:45 AM

This

Molitoth
10-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Wow.

Even WPI is on board.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=9924235

I read through half a page of responses to that thread and had to give up.

Holy cow there are a bunch of f*cking idiots over there.

"I BLEED RED AND GOLD TILL THE DAY I DIE!!!!" ROFL

Fruit Ninja
10-19-2012, 08:49 AM
i like how people say, its embarrassing to the fans. Hell, i have been embarrassed by the team for years now. lol A little more isnt going to do much more. How much more embarrassed can the fan actually be? 1 out of every 3 games getting blown out for the last4 years? Check! Cant score offensively? Check!! Defense giving up in the 2nd half? Check! A right tackle who is way overpaid talking shit to the fans calling them out and the Major Media outlets running with it? Check! lol

But yeah, wearing black to a game is going to embarrass and make the fans look bad. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

KCUnited
10-19-2012, 09:02 AM
I think it's important to make the message obvious that Pioli is the problem, but I wouldn't go out of my way to tiptoe around the players. I get that they are suffering from a lack of leadership and zero confidence in their QB, but it's not like they are out there giving 100% for an entire game. This is the NFL, no team should be getting consistently destroyed by 30 week after week. They are grown men and need their own accountability. JMO.

Bearcat
10-19-2012, 09:13 AM
i like how people say, its embarrassing to the fans. Hell, i have been embarrassed by the team for years now. lol A little more isnt going to do much more. How much more embarrassed can the fan actually be? 1 out of every 3 games getting blown out for the last4 years? Check! Cant score offensively? Check!! Defense giving up in the 2nd half? Check! A right tackle who is way overpaid talking shit to the fans calling them out and the Major Media outlets running with it? Check! lol

But yeah, wearing black to a game is going to embarrass and make the fans look bad. Get the **** outta here with that shit.

It makes no sense to me... someone on the FB page went on and on about how we should be more concerned with how the rest of the country views Chiefs fans and how we should support them no matter what and just focus on being good fans (and by good, I mean blind with season tickets in hand).

Uh... I'm not freakin' married to the Chiefs. I grew up here and like football. Specifically, quality football. The Chiefs are a product. We're (potential) customers. That's where the line is drawn and it's where any loyalty ends. Unfortunately, it's the only product of its kind anywhere close to KC, so yeah, we're kind of angry that it's sucked for so long. And while I think it's good to educate fans who think otherwise, sometimes you just have to chuckle and move on.

bevischief
10-19-2012, 10:47 AM
I am wearing black today I am not waiting.

|Zach|
10-19-2012, 10:52 AM

Id also like to add that I think we need to have something on the hoodies show our support for THE PLAYERS AND THE MILITARY that will be getting honored that day.

This needs to be a clear sign of anti support for MANAGEMENT ONLY.

JMO

I couldn't help but think of this when I read this post. Just keep it simple.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wac3aGn5twc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pr_capone
10-19-2012, 11:18 AM

I'm looking at the Fan Code of Conduct that they hand out at the gate. It mentions SELLING items or tickets within the complex but does not say anything about not being able to pass out free flyers.

teedubya
10-19-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm looking at the Fan Code of Conduct that they hand out at the gate. It mentions SELLING items or tickets within the complex but does not say anything about not being able to pass out free flyers.

This should still remain covert-ish. Get 25-50 fans who will be there next Sunday... give them 50-100 flyers each... that way no ONE person is the bottleneck for all of the flyers. If one person gets shut down, it doesn't affect the whole flyer distribution process.

DA_T_84
10-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Is there anyway we can gain access to the Season Ticket Holder database? Emails, specifically? Surely there is a disgruntled Chief fan working under the fat tyrant Scott, who can privately send an excel spreadsheet of fan email addresses to us.

If so, send those mother lovers an email about the blackout.

|Zach|
10-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Is there anyway we can gain access to the Season Ticket Holder database? Emails, specifically? Surely there is a disgruntled Chief fan working under the fat tyrant Scott, who can privately send an excel spreadsheet of fan email addresses to us.

Jesus christ I hope not. What a violation that would be.

DA_T_84
10-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Jesus christ I hope not. What a violation that would be.

I'd love it if done carefully and for the right reason.

It could be a one column spreadsheet, with just emails and no other info.

pr_capone
10-19-2012, 11:52 AM

I just don't see a scenario where us having that kind of information ends well for either the Chiefs nor for us.

Pestilence
10-19-2012, 11:53 AM
I'd love it if done carefully and for the right reason.

It could be a one column spreadsheet, with just emails and no other info.

JFC......some of you people come up with some stupid ass ideas.

DA_T_84
10-19-2012, 12:01 PM
JFC......some of you people come up with some stupid ass ideas.

oh come on. The likelihood of it happening is about .001%.

But it'd be pretty sweet to shoot out that sucker to every season ticket holder though.

Hell, the security breach itself might cause enough backlash in the media to stir the pot even more.

Pestilence
10-19-2012, 12:02 PM

But it'd be pretty sweet to shoot out that sucker to every season ticket holder though.

Hell, the security breach itself might cause enough backlash in the media to stir the pot even more.

And the fact that we used that information would kill our movement.....completely.

Ben N 58men
10-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Can someone tap into Pioli's phone?

I wanna know his whereabouts

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-19-2012, 12:44 PM

Jeez. Next you are going to want to develop a software that takes the pennies away from every Chief transaction.

DA_T_84
10-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Jeez. Next you are going to want to develop a software that takes the pennies away from every Chief transaction.

Bingo, Bongo, Bango

Tonka83
10-19-2012, 01:33 PM

If we do just a fraction of each penny, they will never know.

DaFace
10-19-2012, 02:07 PM

Yeah...if that happened...there's a good chance someone's going to jail.

-King-
10-19-2012, 03:24 PM

I'm sure Clark and his $10,000 an hour lawyers would love to see someone try that.

3rd&48ers
10-19-2012, 03:27 PM
I like you guys and all but you guys are starting to act a bit pussified..

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-19-2012, 05:07 PM
I am wearing black today I am not waiting.

I tried. Wore black pants, but I have worn a read shirt on EVERY Friday for a very long time. Not living in KC for the past 20 years, I have always worn a Chiefs shirt on Fridays. :(

DA_T_84
10-19-2012, 05:22 PM
I'm sure Clark and his $10,000 an hour lawyers would love to see someone try that.

meh

someone sends it to themselves via a non-work email account. Copies and pastes into a dummy email account. Sends the info to someone else's dummy account from a public library, and the person sends the Blackout Arrowhead email out to the ticketholders via a public computer as well. shit, put on glasses and a fake mustache when you do it.

There's ways around it.

pr_capone
10-19-2012, 05:26 PM
meh

someone sends it to themselves via a non-work email account. Copies and pastes into a dummy email account. Sends the info to someone else's dummy account from a public library, and the person sends the Blackout Arrowhead email out to the ticketholders via a public computer as well. shit, put on glasses and a fake mustache when you do it.

There's ways around it.

Because there would be no way to tie that back into the Save Our Chiefs movement which only has a few names attached to it.

DA_T_84
10-19-2012, 06:06 PM
They gotta be able to prove it.

Anyways, just an idea that won't happen. Unless there is a badass who can hook it up.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-19-2012, 06:12 PM
We ain't doing shady shit fellas

Pestilence
10-19-2012, 06:24 PM

Anyways, just an idea that won't happen. Unless there is a badass who can hook it up.

Quit with your dumbass shit.

JASONSAUTO
10-19-2012, 06:45 PM
JFC I thought the noobs were bad...
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
10-19-2012, 07:43 PM
:facepalm:

BigRedChief
10-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Anyways, just an idea that won't happen. Unless there is a badass who can hook it up.GEEEEZ will you STFU.
Let's have a public discussion of hacking the Chiefs. Are you really this dense?

Mr_Tomahawk
10-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Like a drinking game...you need to find something that happens during the game that would start a "Fire Pioli" chant.

Post it on the website so hopefully more people start it up at the same time. These people would be obviously located in various parts of the stadium...with hopes the chant would catch on.

Say every time the Chiefs punt you start chanting "Fire Pioli."

I duno...just a random thought...

jspchief
10-19-2012, 09:11 PM
The best way to spread the message to gameday fans is a big sign at each gate to the parking lots. Get there early as hell and park so everyone entering drives by a sign.

You also need a catchy slogan:

"Show the players what a full stadium SOUNDS like, but show Clark what an empty stadium LOOKS like. Blackout Arrowhead"

KCUnited
10-19-2012, 09:14 PM
How about a xerox of Pioli's face with "Chimney Starter" on it for game days? I know when I'm rolling out to Arrowhead the last thing I want to do is read some shit, yet at the same time I may have forgotten some paper to start my chimney. Double win.

Phobia
10-19-2012, 09:24 PM
BigRed has a good point. Anybody wishing to hack the Chiefs PM me.

stevieray
10-19-2012, 09:30 PM

dude, go get some pussy.

Pestilence
10-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Can you delete his moronic posts out of this thread? That's all we need is someone opening this thread and seeing those.

Fish
10-20-2012, 12:59 AM
The best way to spread the message to gameday fans is a big sign at each gate to the parking lots. Get there early as hell and park so everyone entering drives by a sign.

You also need a catchy slogan:

"Show the players what a full stadium SOUNDS like, but show Clark what an empty stadium LOOKS like. Blackout Arrowhead"

This. I think this kind of thing would be much more effective than handing out flyers. Get some good spots right near each gate with a 6X6 sign explaining things in very simple terms. It will be seen without needing to approach anybody at their tailgate. You can stand their by your sign and wave and drink beer, instead of wasting time walking around harassing people.

Ghost of Maslowski
10-20-2012, 01:00 PM
so is it plain black shirts or can they be... modified

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5558/shirtmockup4.jpg

3rd&48ers
10-20-2012, 01:18 PM
http://devonalmarinez.com/thedrop/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/al-davis_t-shirt-devon_almarinez-heroics_clothing.jpg

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Anyone showing up with Greasy Al on their shirt can fuck off.

Canofbier
10-20-2012, 08:01 PM
JFC I thought the noobs were bad...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, screw those n00b bastards.
Posted via Toilet Interface

KCrockaholic
10-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Now we have people wanting to try illegal shit?

Professionalism is key here guys. We want a better team, with better management. Not to get somebody put in prison for years.

SaveOurChiefs has been absolutely awesome thus far. But I must ask, what happens once something is done with Pioli? What happens with the movement? Is it dropped?

BossChief
10-21-2012, 01:28 AM

Professionalism is key here guys. We want a better team, with better management. Not to get somebody put in prison for years.

SaveOurChiefs has been absolutely awesome thus far. But I must ask, what happens once something is done with Pioli? What happens with the movement? Is it dropped?

I don't think it can be. SaveOurChiefs should remain the fans voice until we win a playoff game. The protests and current gripes will disappear, but IMO this should stay a point of focus until this team stops being a laughing stock bottom feeder.

Again, JMO

bowener
10-21-2012, 01:54 AM
I don't think it can be. SaveOurChiefs should remain the fans voice until we win a playoff game. The protests and current gripes will disappear, but IMO this should stay a point of focus until this team stops being a laughing stock bottom feeder.

Again, JMO

Winner

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-21-2012, 07:05 AM
For now SOC remains steadfastly focused on the mission. Once change happens then will make a decision then. Until then, we are not going to out kick our coverage

BigRedChief
10-21-2012, 07:42 AM
For now SOC remains steadfastly focused on the mission. Once change happens then will make a decision then. Until then, we are not going to out kick our coverage
Stay on point.:clap:

LVNHACK
10-21-2012, 08:28 AM
It makes no sense to me... someone on the FB page went on and on about how we should be more concerned with how the rest of the country views Chiefs fans and how we should support them no matter what and just focus on being good fans (and by good, I mean blind with season tickets in hand).

Uh... I'm not freakin' married to the Chiefs. I grew up here and like football. Specifically, quality football. The Chiefs are a product. We're (potential) customers. That's where the line is drawn and it's where any loyalty ends. Unfortunately, it's the only product of its kind anywhere close to KC, so yeah, we're kind of angry that it's sucked for so long. And while I think it's good to educate fans who think otherwise, sometimes you just have to chuckle and move on.

Hmmm...being a Contractor for many years....Fans are the client, I've learned unless it violates safety.....You go above and beyond for the client...Or the client will take their money elsewhere....

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Can we please get the shady crap mentioned deleted from this thread? This isn't what this is about.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Yeah, mods can we scour this thread and remove questionable posts? This thread, as I am now told, has the eyes of Chiefs management. Anything shady must be removed. We are not going to do shady shit.

pr_capone
10-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah, mods can we scour this thread and remove questionable posts? This thread, as I am now told, has the eyes of Chiefs management. Anything shady must be removed. We NOT are going to do shady shit.

FYP :D

gblowfish
10-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Nobody needs to hack the emails of the season ticket holders. If you are engaged enough to be a STH, you're going to know about the blackout. The best way to promote this is to just talk to your Chiefs game attending pals about it, get it in the KC Star and the local sports talk, and it will take on a life of its own, just like the first banner did.

As a Mizzou alum, I can tell you that blacking out a stadium is a very cool visual, and an extremely effective way to protest. The "Sea of Red" will look like a BP Oil Spill!

BigRedChief
10-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Can we please get the shady crap mentioned deleted from this thread? This isn't what this is about.THIS! I can do it but I promised to not edit or delete posts outside of Academy business. If the mods are busy, I can take care of it.

ArrowheadMagic
10-21-2012, 09:42 AM
If its true that "people are watching" then its already been seen. Deleting could give the appearance of trying to cover it up. The notion was thoroughly squashed. Every movement has an idiot.

BigRedChief
10-21-2012, 09:44 AM
If its true that "people are watching" then its already been seen. Deleting could give the appearance of trying to cover it up. The notion was thoroughly squashed. Every movement has an idiot.No it doesn't. It shows that we don't approve or endorse illegal activity.

ArrowheadMagic
10-21-2012, 09:58 AM
No it doesn't. It shows that we don't approve or endorse illegal activity.

You've already done that by speaking out against it and anything else that isnt appropriate. Stop drawing attention to it. Its already been seen. Screen caps are done. You'd have to delete the responses to it also.

Count Zarth
10-21-2012, 10:23 AM
More media coverage.

http://teopespin.com/2012/10/19/save-our-chiefs-driven-by-team-woes/

The light bulb moment hit Marty McDonald on Sept. 30 at 9 p.m.

Earlier in the day, McDonald, 36, sat in his Arizona home in front of the TV and watched the San Diego Chargers defeat the Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 37-20 at Arrowhead Stadium.

The hours after the game allowed McDonald, a native of Shawnee, Kan., time to reflect. His frustrations extended beyond the Chiefs’ (1-5) current last-place struggles in the AFC West and included almost two decades removed from a playoff victory, years of disappointment over mediocrity and the team’s inability to draft a franchise quarterback. He had enough and wanted change.

“Save Our Chiefs” was born.

McDonald established Twitter and Facebook pages on that Sunday night and quickly gathered support at ChiefsPlanet.com, a Chiefs-related Internet message board.

“There are a lot of die-hard Chiefs fans behind this cause,” McDonald said. “It’s not one guy taking the credit. This is Chiefs Nation taking a stand and saying, ‘Together Is Powerful.’ We’ve got the numbers, we’re not happy with the product and we want change.”

The numbers McDonald mentioned commands attention when considering the relative youth of the movement.

The group’s adoption of the Chiefs’ 2012 marketing slogan of “Together Is Powerful” has resulted in “Save Our Chiefs” accumulating more than 77,000 followers on Twitter, while its Facebook page has more 4,900 “Likes.”

Arrowhead Stadium has a seating capacity of 79,451.

“I think the amount of Twitter growth is significant,” McDonald said. “We’ve only been at this now coming up on the end of the fourth week. To get that kind of volume that fast has just been phenomenal.”

However, supporting “Save Our Chiefs” on social media may come at a price for Chiefs fans.

“We have confirmed a lot of people – and when I say a lot I’m not talking about 20 – we know right now about 200 or so people that have been banned from the Chiefs’ Facebook page and the Twitter page because they’ve been mentioning ‘Fire Pioli’ or ‘Save Our Chiefs,’” McDonald said.

“Now, we also know a few folks who used naughty language and they’re going to get the boot for doing silly stuff like that,” he continued. “But these are folks I’ve asked people to take screen shots and we’ve looked at it ourselves. I know through some of my contacts within the organization it’s something they’re trying to squash. The fact they only have 114,000 followers on Twitter and we’re rapidly hitting the 80,000 mark now is sending a very powerful message.”

Attempts on Friday to reach the Chiefs, who are on a Week 7 bye, for comments surrounding McDonald’s claims of fans being blocked were unsuccessful.

But the “Save Our Chiefs” timeline on Twitter reflects retweets of some fans wondering why they were blocked by the Chiefs’ official page.

Meanwhile, the fan frustrations extended beyond the Internet walls in Week 5.

A group-sponsored banner flew over Arrowhead Stadium in the pregame hours before the Chiefs ultimately lost to the Baltimore Ravens. That banner called for change, specifically the firing of Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and the benching of quarterback Matt Cassel.

McDonald said two banners with the messages, “Blackout Arrowhead on Nov. 18” and “Fire Pioli,” are scheduled to fly over Arrowhead Stadium on Oct. 28 during the pregame hours before the Chiefs take the field to host the Oakland Raiders.

Additionally, McDonald said SportsNutz, a local vendor, will have “Blackout Arrowhead: Save Our Chiefs” black hoodies on sale on Oct. 28 for the group’s planned demonstration on Nov. 18.

Fans are being asked to wear black in lieu of the customary red when the Chiefs host the Cincinnati Bengals at Arrowhead Stadium in Week 11.

“We’re only targeting one blackout,” McDonald said. “We’re going to go out and support the Chiefs, but we’re going to wear black as our color of choice to say enough is enough.”

McDonald said 10 percent of the hoodie sales will go to the “Save Our Chiefs” movement. Whatever money is left at the end of the season will go to a Kansas City charity, in all likelihood a Chiefs-partnered charity, he said.

The current fan discontent doesn’t surprise former Chiefs player Bill Maas, a two-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman who played in Kansas City from 1984-1992.

“The fan base has been very supportive and very patient,” Maas said. “You don’t do this on a whim and a prayer just because of a couple of losses. This is a result of what they’ve seen and what they’ve unveiled through knowledge of where we’re at. They obviously don’t feel there’s a commitment in winning.”

Maas said today’s fans have more awareness due to media coverage of the business side of sports, including information surrounding salary cap, team profits and team operations.

Maas believes the available material has ultimately led to a cost-analysis approach with numerous fans spending money to support the Chiefs.

“I think that knowledge to a fan base is at the point now where people start putting a pencil to everything,” he said. “And they realize what they’re putting in, they’re not getting anything in return.”

McDonald echoed Maas’ view, adding members of “Save Our Chiefs” don’t hate the team and continue to support the players, points McDonald said he didn’t want lost among the critics of his group.

Moreover, McDonald believes it’s unfair when critics label the movement as fair-weathered fans, especially when finances aren’t considered in the arguments.

“To me, that’s a hollow argument whenever somebody says that,” McDonald said. “I’ve dropped tens of thousands of dollars to travel and support this team. They don’t understand that being a true fan doesn’t mean that you have to roll over to accept a crappy product.”

“Being a fan means saying, ‘This club needs to change; it needs better leadership; it needs a new direction; and you either be a part of the change or sit on the sideline,’” McDonald continued. “It comes down to a simple concept of asking for what you want or hurt silently.”

Calvin Nordyke of Junction City, Kan., agreed with McDonald.

Nordyke, 52, is a former Chiefs season ticket holder of 17 years and said he’s rooted for the Chiefs since sixth grade. He also made annual trips to River Falls, Wis., for Chiefs training camp before the team relocated to St. Joseph, Mo., in 2010.

But Nordyke said he and his girlfriend didn’t renew their season tickets after the 2009 season, which marked the first year of Pioli’s current term, and they stopped making the two-hour drive to Arrowhead Stadium because he hasn’t seen progress.

“I absolutely support the ‘Save Our Chiefs’ movement,” Nordyke said. “We have to do something to let [Chiefs chairman and CEO] Clark Hunt know we’re not happy and something has to change. If you’re a Chiefs fan, you want to save the Chiefs and you want to do it the right way and I think ‘Save Our Chiefs’ is probably a good deal.”

Nevertheless, there are some fans on the other side of the fence.

John West of Council Bluffs, Iowa, makes the trip to Kansas City for home games as a season ticket holder and he also travels to watch the Chiefs on the road.

West, 39, said he’s a lifelong fan and doesn’t agree with “Save Our Chiefs.”

“I get the frustrations,” West said. “I’m frustrated, my feelings are hurt and I don’t want to watch a crappy football team. But the other part of why I don’t want to be at the stadium is the way some people are acting. I love the Chiefs, but there’s no reason for all the hatred. The Chiefs don’t owe me anything.”

B.J. Kissel, 29, grew up in Kansas City, Mo., and said he was born into a Chiefs family.

Now residing in San Diego, Kissel, who also freelances for ArrowheadPride.com, a Chiefs fan-related website under SBNation.com, said he believes the people behind “Save Our Chiefs” have their hearts in the right place.

But Kissel wonders about the group’s method of calling for changes.

“I agree with the passion behind supporting the team and wanting the team to be successful,” Kissel said. “I just think that message may get lost in some of the more extreme points of view that go along with it, such as we need to fire everybody that you see on Twitter and different message boards.”

McDonald knows there are dissenting opinions to what his group stands for. But he said some who were initially opposed have changed views and now support the movement.

“We’ve seen a lot of people who at first didn’t truly understand what we were doing have now come behind and supported the cause,” McDonald said. “What we’re trying to do is a massive paradigm shift. What we’ve done on Facebook and Twitter, combined you’ve got 82,000 folks saying enough is enough and we deserve better and we want to see better.”

From a growing number of supporters to media coverage at the local and national levels, the “Save Our Chiefs” movement has gained momentum.

However, it carries a potential side effect as some fans may find themselves in a position to pick sides.

“We’re all Chiefs fans and we’re all Arrowhead brothers and sisters,” West said. “We need to be united, not us against them, but I do think the movement fractures the fan base because there seems to be a lot of hate and venom. It shouldn’t be that way.”

Ultimately, McDonald said it’s important to remember “Save Our Chiefs” was formed because every Chiefs fan has the same desire of team success.

Like many of the group’s supporters, McDonald said he is tired of feeling frustrated and longs for a commitment from the Arrowhead brass to present a better and consistent team.

He doesn’t want those desires lost among the discussions if “Save Our Chiefs” is doing the right thing.

“We’re just a group of folks saying we love the Chiefs just as much as the next guy in line, but I’m also tired of the product on the field,” McDonald said. “I think when people don’t understand something fully, they will blend concepts and ideas, and it’s those folks who are inadvertently creating that fractured feeling. They’re saying they’re the true fans and we’re not the true fans. That’s not the argument we’re reciprocating with our message.”

It remains to be seen if the “Save Our Chiefs” movement garners the results of the firing of Pioli or changes in philosophy it seeks.

Still, Maas said the increasing fan frustrations should be cause for concern at One Arrowhead Drive.

Maas said ultimately the NFL is a business and decisions are made with profit in mind. But he hopes a balance is found between winning and business to prevent emptying seats and a lack of fan support.

“It’s a multibillion-dollar business and you have to run it like that,” Maas said. “Is there a happy medium in there somewhere where you can have the value of competitive sports at a premium and still be a very successful and profitable business? I would hope so.”

bevischief
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah, mods can we scour this thread and remove questionable posts? This thread, as I am now told, has the eyes of Chiefs management. Anything shady must be removed. We are not going to do shady shit.

Sweet fire Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli Pioli

bevischief
10-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I switched back to DirectV so I had a choice of watching a good football game on Sunday. Fire Pioli

bevischief
10-21-2012, 10:42 AM
We are sick and tried of watching and supporting losing seasons Clark do something!

bevischief
10-21-2012, 10:45 AM
I had to move away from KC last year but still watched all the games last year, I currently live 9 hours from KC and still watch. Save us Clark.

The_Doctor10
10-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Bengals, Raiders...who can tell the difference?

Not the cops.

mesmith31
10-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Interesting, I posted this at 9:00 am on the 17th and then at 4:00 that afternoon you launch the initiative. You guys are an efficient movement!

The flying banner and Twitter followings are a start, but they still appear to the public to be a faction or schismatic element of Chiefs Fans. What would be interesting to see is something that would show a live TV audience on say Monday Night Football the dissatisfaction by the entirety of Chiefs fans.

I am thinking getting everyone in the stadium wearing a certain color T-shirt emblazoned with a certain slogan. So that it would force MNF announcers and viewership to say, "why is Arrowhead all dressed in green?" Oh, it's because all ownership sees is dollar signs.

Something like that, with nationwide press.

ChiefsFanatic
10-21-2012, 12:48 PM
I have not read the entire thread, but I would love to have t-shirts that were green on the front, and said something about Clark only caring about money. The crowd would face the field when we were on offense.

Then the back would be black, and I am not sure what it would say, but when we are on defense, the fans would turn away from the field and be silent.

Maybe everyone in the stadium being able to hear the opposing teams QB call plays with his cadence, when we are "famous" for being loud on defense, would cause the announcers to comment on it.

I just love that there are Chiefs fans out there that care as much as I do. 1 voice cannot be heard, but maybe thousands of voices (and actions) can convey what we all feel.

I always tell my friends, I am not a chef, but I know when food tastes like crap, and I am not an NFL owner, GM or Head Coach, but I can tell when a football team sucks.

DaFace
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
No it doesn't. It shows that we don't approve or endorse illegal activity.

I personally think that's pretty clear from the fact that no one at all agreed with him. I'd rather have someone see that than a bunch of deleted posts and wonder what we're trying to hide.

BigRedChief
10-21-2012, 02:37 PM
I personally think that's pretty clear from the fact that no one at all agreed with him. I'd rather have someone see that than a bunch of deleted posts and wonder what we're trying to hide.I'm cool with that too.

KCrockaholic
10-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm going to put this in here rather than starting a stupid thread...

But BellyBoy is taking a break. A semi-retirement, until Scott Pioli is fired.

He's refusing to go to any more games until Pioli is gone. One of the more well known fans has hung up the belly thanks to Scott Pioli.

Fire this POS GM.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Just want to give a shout out to the people getting paid to monitor this thread for the Chiefs...
<O:p</O:p
You guys really must hate your life and job... Can you imagine the embarrassment of having to monitor an internet message board for your paranoid boss?
How could you go home and look your spouse in the eyes and say, I monitored Chiefsplanet because my boss made me...
LMAO<O:p</O:p

Best of luck Chiefs employee's it will get better soon. Hang in there, we are trying our best to improve your working/slavery conditions...

bowener
10-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Just want to give a shout out to the people getting paid to monitor this thread for the Chiefs...
You guys really must hate your life and job... Can you imagine the embarrassment of having to monitor an internet message board for your paranoid boss?
How could you go home and look your spouse in the eyes and say, I monitored Chiefsplanet because my boss made me...

Best of luck Chiefs employee's it will get better soon. Hang in there, we are trying our best to improve your working/slavery conditions...

We can trust no one. We are all suspects now. DAMN YOU, PIOLI!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Fuck you Pioli.

BigRedChief
10-21-2012, 04:35 PM

He's refusing to go to any more games until Pioli is gone. One of the more well known fans has hung up the belly thanks to Scott Pioli.

Fire this POS GM.Did many a jaggerbomb with Bellyboy. He's a passionate fan. He should publically get on board with SOC.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-21-2012, 07:06 PM

Maybe many of them will go too once Pioli is gone if we're to believe the way former employees were unceremoniously dumped in favor of younger Pioli zombies. But if so they can say they got to work for a pro football team for a while. Ok they got to work for a football team for a while. I'm sure Scotty will take care of them..... just like he has the team.

NJChiefsFan
10-21-2012, 07:25 PM

Fire this POS GM.

Hang it on what, the side of an ocean liner? Otherwise I don't trust the hook to hold.

P.S. Chiefs management, make sure you continue to keep the secrets of this organization close to the vest. The rest of the league wants to know them..............

Phobia
10-22-2012, 01:15 AM

Fire this POS GM.

Finally... a positive from all of this...

mdchiefsfan
10-22-2012, 03:43 AM

They will just find themselves in the "EPIC FAIL" thread or the "Would you?" thread. We have our defenses set up properly.

AussieChiefsFan
10-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Hopefully this doesn't fail miserably. A LOT of chiefs fans that are attending that game seem to be completely against this.

Reerun_KC
10-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Hopefully this doesn't fail miserably. A LOT of chiefs fans that are attending that game seem to be completely against this.

Let them. It makes them look foolish and desperate

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-22-2012, 08:30 AM
ARE YOU LISTENING CLARK? Panthers fired their GM today. It can be done. It SHOULD be done in KC.

gblowfish
10-22-2012, 08:33 AM
I refuse to paint words on my naked belly until Pioli is gone. That's my promise to you!

Katie
10-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Personally, I think this move is going to provide motive for a lot of players on this team to go elsewhere and likewise, prevent players from coming here.

Who wants to play for a team whose fans have turned? Say it's all about Pioli, but that's not how this will be looked at by other players, fans and the media.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Personally, I think this move is going to provide motive for a lot of players on this team to go elsewhere and likewise, prevent players from coming here.

Who wants to play for a team whose fans have turned? Say it's all about Pioli, but that's not how this will be looked at by other players, fans and the media.

Dumb.

Katie
10-22-2012, 02:09 PM
You really think the players are going be ok with this?

Count Zarth

Players don't give a shit about that crap.

They just want to get paid.

Pestilence
You really think the players are going be ok with this?

You really think they care what we do? They get paid millions of dollars.

Count Zarth
10-22-2012, 02:10 PM
No player says "oh man, the fans are wearing black. I do not want to play for that team."

Fucking stupid notion.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 02:11 PM
No player says "oh man, the fans are wearing black. I do not want to play for that team."

Fucking stupid notion.

Another Saveourfans genius......I'm sure.

the Talking Can
10-22-2012, 02:20 PM

yeah, players give a shit about fans...good god

you're the sucker this franchise dreams of

DeezNutz
10-22-2012, 02:32 PM

We need to be careful to avoid negative attention from the media lest we not be able to sign top FA targets like Winston.

InChiefsHell
10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Give Katie a break. She's probably a normal person, not rabid nutjobs like us.

You ARE wrong Katie. I'm sure you're a really nice person, but you're wrong.

gblowfish
10-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Katie needa spankie.

O.city
10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Because all these big free agents are flocking to KC?

Ask yourself this Katie how exactly could it get worse?

KCUnited
10-22-2012, 03:25 PM
We're not the Right 70,000 for some players.

DJ's left nut
10-22-2012, 03:28 PM

I think it should be, yes.

Again, JMO

At that point we just look like a bunch of whiny assholes.

Nobody is entitled to success. We're entitled to a GM that treats the fans and the franchise with respect. Pioli does neither of those things.

Making this about wins and losses trivializes it (to a lesser degree, the "Draft #1 quarterback" thing does as well).

This is about giving a voice to fans that have been shit on by a front office that clearly doesn't give a large rats ass about them.

When that voice has been heard, the message is sent and the swords should be sheathed.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 03:32 PM
When Pioli is gone.....we should be done.

pr_capone
10-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Nothing illegal is going to happen. We don't condone it, we don't encourage anyone to do it, and if info obtained illegally (such as an email list of STH) comes our way... we will not use it.

As for what happens when something is done with Pioli. My thought has been from the beginning that whatever is left from the donations gathered will be donated to a charity that is associated with the Chiefs. I'm not the lead on the twitter or FB pages so we will need Marty to chime in.

If Pioli is fired, that means we have been heard and acknowledged. We can't ask for anything more than that. We shouldn't ask for more than that. We want hope... Pioli gone and Cassel on the bench gives us that.

Count Zarth
10-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Keep the accounts running to hold the next GM accountable. :evil:

Bewbies
10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Nothing illegal is going to happen. We don't condone it, we don't encourage anyone to do it, and if info obtained illegally (such as an email list of STH) comes our way... we will not use it.

As for what happens when something is done with Pioli. My thought has been from the beginning that whatever is left from the donations gathered will be donated to a charity that is associated with the Chiefs. I'm not the lead on the twitter or FB pages so we will need Marty to chime in.

If Pioli is fired, that means we have been heard and acknowledged. We can't ask for anything more than that. We shouldn't ask for more than that. We want hope... Pioli gone and Cassel on the bench gives us that.

Perfect. :clap:

KCrockaholic
10-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Not being sexist, because this is almost a fact. But it seems that the majority of women that have heard about the SOC movement are completely against it.

We've heard from numerous people complaining about what SOC is doing, and how they think it's dividing the fan base, or it's just making things worse. But the majority of them seem to be women. What does this mean?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Not being sexist, because this is almost a fact. But it seems that the majority of women that have heard about the SOC movement are completely against it.

We've heard from numerous people complaining about what SOC is doing, and how they think it's dividing the fan base, or it's just making things worse. But the majority of them seem to be women. What does this mean?

Winning isn't everything. /everyone's mom who ever lived

DJ's left nut
10-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Men are task/action oriented, women are discussion oriented.

Kinda the end result. Women prefer discussion of possible outcomes, potential problems, etc... Men want to act.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Women want to party. Men want to win.

DaFace
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Men are task/action oriented, women are discussion oriented.

Kinda the end result. Women prefer discussion of possible outcomes, potential problems, etc... Men want to act.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I was gonna say that women don't know shit about football, but yours is probably a better response. :evil:

(Kidding, women. Seriously. Don't hate me.)

chuxtrux
10-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Eh, I don't the the average person who goes to a Chiefs game takes football as seriously as the founders of this movement.

chiefzilla1501
10-22-2012, 06:09 PM

Katie, I think you're right to a degree.

But you're assuming that players/coaches would want to come here if Pioli sticks around. No coach is going to want to come here because Pioli has shown zero flexibility to let his coach run his own offense or defense, or even decide who gets to play or not. And the reputation of Arrowhead fans is NEVER going to change for the better so long as Pioli tries to pick fights with the media, and never so much as lifts a finger to defend the fans until he's pressured to do so. A player isn't going to want to play for a coach they know isn't very good.

You hire a new GM. Get a GM who actually gets that publicity is a GOOD thing. Get a fan who embraces the fans again. And then let that GM hire a good coach and make a run at players and prove they're serious about improving. If you do that, that's the surest way to get free agents excited about coming to KC.

Count Zarth
10-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Players around the NFL don't even know what the fuck Save Our Chiefs is.

They don't give a shit.

Who wants to play for a team who's fans have turned?

If Pioli is fired the movement ENDS.

Get a clue.