Dicky McElephant
10-18-2012, 06:21 PM
3 1st round picks = a D.

Way to go Pioli.

petegz28
10-18-2012, 06:25 PM
3 1st round picks = a D.

Way to go Pioli.

He did elaborate on that to a point. He admitted Poe has been thrown to the wolves and has been making progress. He also eluded to the 3-4 scheme which is typically dominated by LB's but said you still have to have playmakers on the D-line.

bigjosh006
10-18-2012, 06:25 PM
The WR's wouldn't be a D if it wasn't for our QB that is an F

There should be a grade for front office and ownership

petegz28
10-18-2012, 06:27 PM

Hughes admitted he was hard on the WR's being a former WR he expects more out of them. Commented on Baldwin not assimilating from college to the NFL on running routes, etc.

Sorter
10-18-2012, 06:37 PM
. He also eluded to the 3-4 scheme which is typically dominated by LB's but said you still have to have playmakers on the D-line.

See, this is what is fucked up about this. We play the 2-gap. This philosophy naturally requires more talented D-line players, as they have more responsibility (playing 2 gaps). They also have to be able to diagnose run v. pass and react quickly enough to establish a pass rush from our base "odd" front. This puts them at a disadvantage to 1-gap players, whose responsibility is lessened, and their reactions can be quicker, resulting in a quicker pass rush.

Pioli has spent a #3 overall, a #12 overall, a 3rd round pick, a 6th round pick, and was gifted a #5 overall pick on the defensive line. The fact that none of these players have shown any capacity to be effective 2-gappers is astounding to me. They are all (with the exception of Poe) extremely 1-dimensional. Instead of getting more talented/smarter players on our d-line, we've gotten worse player that struggle in anticipation and reaction.

Urc Burry
10-18-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm in the boat that this team is pretty shitty right now, but them rankings are pretty rough. I'm not sure i would trade Jamaal for another RB in the league, and I like to think we have one of the best LB cores in the league

Sorter
10-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Hughes admitted he was hard on the WR's being a former WR he expects more out of them. Commented on Baldwin not assimilating from college to the NFL on running routes, etc.

As much I tend to be easy on Baldwin due to his QB situation, he does not seem explosive at all out of breaks. That is a huge reason why he struggles in getting separation in intermediate routes.

petegz28
10-18-2012, 06:39 PM
See, this is what is ****ed up about this. We play the 2-gap. This philosophy naturally requires more talented D-line players, as they have more responsibility (playing 2 gaps). They also have to be able to diagnose run v. pass and react quickly enough to establish a pass rush from our base "odd" front. This puts them at a disadvantage to 1-gap players, whose responsibility is lessened, and their reactions can be quicker, resulting in a quicker pass rush.

Pioli has spent a #3 overall, a #12 overall, a 3rd round pick, a 6th round pick, and was gifted a #5 overall pick on the defensive line. The fact that none of these players have shown any capacity to be effective 2-gappers is astounding to me. They are all (with the exception of Poe) extremely 1-dimensional. Instead of getting more talented/smarter players on our d-line, we've gotten worse player that struggle in anticipation and reaction.

This sort of points out the idiocy of Pioli and Romeo for that matter. You have two 4-3 converts and a rookie playing what you make out to be a very advanced technique.

Sorter
10-18-2012, 06:41 PM
a rookie playing what you make out to be a very advanced technique.

This is why I can't hate on Poe. I think as a 1-gap NT who plays the 3-tech on subs he can be a monster. He doesn't need to deal with all this. It could serve to be a valuable learning situation for him but it could also be detrimental to his progression. I hope it is beneficial, as I do acknowledge he is physically a freak.

Sorter
10-18-2012, 06:43 PM
This sort of points out the idiocy of Pioli and Romeo for that matter. You have two 4-3 converts

As for this, the majority of college teams run the 4-3, so by the rule of averages, the majority of players you draft to be 3-4 ends are going to be 4-3 DTs in college. However, to me, it would seem more prudent and beneficial to match them up and build on techniques that they were accustomed to playing. This won't be the case for every player but I would like to not force my rookie playing one of the more generally tougher spots to be overloaded with information in their first year. Just my philosophy though.

Count Alex's Losses
10-18-2012, 10:49 PM

I think Danan Hughes knows a few things about what makes a good NFL WR.

McCluster and Baldwin = GARBAGE

Count Alex's Losses
10-18-2012, 10:50 PM
This is why I can't hate on Poe. I think as a 1-gap NT who plays the 3-tech on subs he can be a monster.

Right now he's playing in the sub package and doing anything BUT pressuring QBs.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I grade them an F as in Fuck this team.

Sorter
10-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Right now he's playing in the sub package and doing anything BUT pressuring QBs.

I am aware of this. I'm also aware of the fact he is a raw as fuck rookie from the University of Memphis (a school known for their ability to produce immediately ready NFL players, especially at the 3-4, 2-gap, NT spot that will be starting and playing on sub-packages inside as a 3-tech).

You're a pessimist and I understand that. You have every reason to be. All I'm saying is, you might want to cut some of these guys a little slack in their rookie year transitioning from a "small" football school to the fucking NFL, regardless of where they were drafted. It isn't like Poe called Pioli and said "Hey homie, draft me at # 11!!!"

Count Alex's Losses
10-18-2012, 10:58 PM
All I'm saying is I hated the pick in April and hey, so far I'm not surprised.

WV
10-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Why does anyone need to grade out this team?????

Vince Young could grade this team correctly for heavens sake.

Sorter
10-18-2012, 11:02 PM
All I'm saying is I hated the pick in April and hey, so far I'm not surprised.

I hated the pick as well. I would still rather have Mercilus or Ingram personally. All I'm saying is, have a little more patience for a fucking kid from Memphis who is raw as hell playing in the NFL his first year.

Saccopoo
10-18-2012, 11:31 PM
I hated the pick as well. I would still rather have Mercilus or Ingram personally. All I'm saying is, have a little more patience for a ****ing kid from Memphis who is raw as hell playing in the NFL his first year.

I have patience, but the real issue is why is he starting over Powe, who vastly outplayed him in the preseason.

They should be using Poe as the third down DT, not make him the starter for a 34 when he was already raw as sushi in terms of any technique let alone anchoring a two gap against NFL centers and guards.

The kid got thrown to the wolves because Pioli wants his first rounder to play so it looks like he picked the correct dude in the draft when everyone knew it was a boom/bust type of pick that would need a lot of time to develop.

bricks
10-19-2012, 12:15 AM
The coaching staff should get an 'F' as far as Im concerned.

Giving them 'D' is being far too generous. No way Romeo & Co deserve a pass.

notorious
10-19-2012, 12:22 AM
WTF do you have to do to get an F in this? Lose 50-0 every week?

JFC :facepalm:

BossChief
10-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Want some quick fixes?

Powe starts at the nose.
Berry moves to FS.
Cassel is permanently benched...he is all out of chances
Quinn gets 2 or 3 more games to spark the team or Stanzi gets his chance
Poe moves to DE
Shaun Smith is signed ASAP and starts over Tyson Jackson
Romeo hands the playcalling to Thomas and we start getting after people instead of letting them dictate and us responding...1 gap more often to switch up this stale BS
Houston and Hali blitz 20+ times a game each
Breaston is the slot receiver and Dex is the 4th guy

Oh, you know what? Fuck this list, we want Geno, not a few meaningless wins in a lost year.

AussieChiefsFan
10-19-2012, 12:43 AM
IMO the LBs deserve to be ranked higher. WR wouldnt be so low if it hasn't for the QB being F. RB should be A. D-- is generous for coaching IMO.

Saccopoo
10-19-2012, 01:21 AM
Want some quick fixes?

Powe starts at the nose.
Berry moves to FS.
Poe moves to DE
Romeo hands the playcalling to Thomas and we start getting after people instead of letting them dictate and us responding...1 gap more often to switch up this stale BS

Oh, you know what? **** this list, we want Geno, not a few meaningless wins in a lost year.

Yep. Fuck this list.

One and Fifteeno for Geno!

Death2CasselFans
10-19-2012, 03:08 AM
QB = F
RB = F (for trying to bail out Cassel)
WR = A (doing good job of exposing Cassel)
O-line = A (doing good job of protecting Cassel so he doesnt blame them)

D line = A (doing good job of exposing Pioli)
LB = F (they need to stop putting pressure on opposing QBs so they can score easier)
Secondary = A (doing good job of letting opponents score on us)
Coaching = A+ (failing in hiding cassel's limitation which i like)

AussieChiefsFan
10-19-2012, 03:24 AM
LMAO

cookster50
10-19-2012, 06:08 AM

These WR's are responsible for how many of the interceptions again? That's right, way to freaking many of them.

bevischief
10-19-2012, 07:35 AM
I grade them an F as in **** this team.

You say this a lot and I agree. F*** this team.

htismaqe
10-19-2012, 08:56 AM
These WR's are responsible for how many of the interceptions again? That's right, way to freaking many of them.

Not this stupid argument again. :rolleyes:

zimdogg
10-19-2012, 09:07 AM

Not this stupid argument again. :rolleyes:

FFS, if our peewee caliber QB could put the ball in the correct place not only would the QB rating go up for his peewee ass, but our receivers might have a chance at catching the ball while also having a chance to gain some YAC yardage. Cassel is so fucking terrible it makes me dream of Palko again.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Want some quick fixes?

Powe starts at the nose.
Berry moves to FS.
Poe moves to DE

Oh, you know what? **** this list, we want Geno, not a few meaningless wins in a lost year.

True Fan is strong in this one...

MotherfuckerJones
10-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Danan Hughes cast the grades as follows:

QB: F
RB: B+
O-Line: B
WR: D

D-Line: D
LB: C-
Secondary: D

Coaching: D-- ..yes, that's right D--

Agree with all this except coaching, Coaching is a big fat F IMO! No way that they get a passing grade D. This coaching staff is awful and Pioli his staff and Cassel need to GTFO

Bob Dole
10-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Agree with all this except coaching, Coaching is a big fat F IMO! No way that they get a passing grade D. This coaching staff is awful and Pioli his staff and Cassel need to GTFO

If "D--" is considered a "passing grade" in your world, you really ought to consider having yourself sterilized.

MotherfuckerJones
10-19-2012, 09:45 AM
D was a passing grade in middle school and high school. I dont consider it passing but it is

htismaqe
10-19-2012, 09:46 AM
If "D--" is considered a "passing grade" in your world, you really ought to consider having yourself sterilized.

In the technical sense, "D" anything is "passing".

Ultimately, what D-- is is a COP OUT. What Danan is essentially saying is "they suck and deserve and F but [insert rationalization here] so I'm gonna give him a really, REALLY bad D."

Just give them an F and be done with it.

MotherfuckerJones
10-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Ya they get an F! Plain and simple. My point though it was picky was that Danan gave em a "passing grade". This team is as bad as 2008 and that team atleast had rookies like Carr, Flowers, Albert, no WRs, Dorsey etc This team is just badly coached. And our D is soft

Hog Farmer
10-19-2012, 10:20 AM
As much I tend to be easy on Baldwin due to his QB situation, he does not seem explosive at all out of breaks. That is a huge reason why he struggles in getting separation in intermediate routes.

I think Baldwin has just given up on getting open because it's a waste of time. I've seen several plays where he was 10-15 yards open while Cassel was busy shitting his pants.

Sorter
10-19-2012, 10:50 AM
ROFLI think Baldwin has just given up on getting open because it's a waste of time. I've seen several plays where he was 10-15 yards open while Cassel was busy shitting his pants.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Dogshit>>>>>Pioli

bevischief
10-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Want some quick fixes?

Powe starts at the nose.
Berry moves to FS.
Poe moves to DE

Stop game planning for them. We want them gone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Stop game planning for them. We want them gone.

This. No more wins, please.

saphojunkie
10-19-2012, 12:19 PM
I think Baldwin has just given up on getting open because it's a waste of time. I've seen several plays where he was 10-15 yards open while Cassel was busy shitting his pants.

This. Baldwin is not "garbage." The Pioli hate goes too far on this one.

Geno Smith comes in and Baldwin will look more like Larry Fitzgerald and less like Larry Flynt.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-19-2012, 02:04 PM

Geno Smith comes in and Baldwin will look more like Larry Fitzgerald and less like Larry Flynt.

I agree. Baldwin has the potential.

Count Alex's Losses
10-19-2012, 02:13 PM

Logic suggests he's garbage.

This idea he is worth shit as an NFL WR is based only on homerism.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Sir? Sir!

(you've just been "sir'd")