PDA

View Full Version : Football Chargers PR Director to fans : Get over it.

KcMizzou
10-19-2012, 07:36 PM
This was posted on the Chargers official site by their director of public relations. After blowing a 24-0 halftime lead to lose by double digits to Denver.

Though it was interesting after reading Whitlocks recent column about how teams no longer respect the fans.

Take a Chill Pill

What’s with you people?

Yes, Monday night’s loss was bad. Horrible. Embarrassing.

Ok…enough already. No mas. I get it.

Now get over it. It was a loss. One loss.

Listening to some of you out there, you’d think Monday night was “win or go home” and the Chargers are now packing their bags.

“The Chargers are finished. Done,” said one scribe.

Another wrote, “Bye, bye Chargers. Put a fork in them.”

Sometimes I think Twitter was invented to give people a chance to puff out their chests and talk big, saying things they never would say to someone’s face.

And talk radio … don’t get me started. The old adage your mom used to preach – “If you don’t have anything good say, don’t say anything” – seems to have evolved to “if you don’t have anything good to say, call sports talk radio.”

Some of those folks are probably the same ones who called for former Head Coach Bobby Ross’ job when his first Chargers team started the 1992 season 0-4. I still remember the self-proclaimed experts saying Bobby was “in over his head”. The Chargers went on to win 11 of the next 12 games that year, along with a 17-0 victory in the first round of the playoffs.

A few of the more recent Chargers teams have been declared dead by quacks, only to awaken in good health. The 3-3 Chargers of 2004 won nine of their final 10 games. The ’06 Chargers won their final 10. The ’07 Chargers started 1-3 before winning 10 of their last 12. The ’08 Chargers won their final four in a row and the ’09 team won its last 11 games.

Time to take a chill pill. No one knows what will happen this season, yet alone the next game. That’s the beauty of the National Football League. I don’t know, you don’t know, no one knows what’s going to happen.

If you want these players and coaches to succeed, then support them. Don’t tear them down. What you want and what we all want, including your team, is to know people believe in them.

Look at it this way. We want our loved ones to succeed, and we’ll do whatever it takes to help them. But when they make mistakes, like we all do, we would never criticize or belittle them publicly.

Your team is 3-3, tied at the top of the division, and has 10 games to play. If the Chargers are your team, get behind them and stay behind them. We’re all at our best when we know others believe in us.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Take-a-Chill-Pill/2ac2453b-53de-4bc5-a5de-6de3bd0c1c74

Inmem58
10-19-2012, 07:42 PM
AFC West is the laughing stock of the NFL

KcMizzou
10-19-2012, 07:45 PM
I liked how the director of public relations starts out with, "What's with you people?" LMAO

Great job there, buddy. :thumb:

SNR
10-19-2012, 07:46 PM
All the True Fans were run out of Kansas City, and they moved to San Diego.

KCUnited
10-19-2012, 07:46 PM
And then I was like Whoa!

Flachief58
10-19-2012, 07:48 PM
All the True Fans were run out of Kansas City, and they moved to San Diego.

DEB SAYS HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count Alex's Losses
10-19-2012, 07:49 PM
This is a completely different situation than the one in Kansas City.

The Chargers are a decent team, not fucking dog shit like the Chiefs.

This isn't that bad, IMO.

KcMizzou
10-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Absolutely. But still... This PR guy is clearly horrible at his job.

Buck
10-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah this is big news today here.

Dicky McElephant
10-19-2012, 07:59 PM

We've got the blueprint if the three of you want to pay for a banner to be flown.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2012, 07:59 PM

You'll have to come up and pre-game party at my pad once the Chargers move to L.A.

:D

tk13
10-19-2012, 08:00 PM

The Chargers are a decent team, not ****ing dog shit like the Chiefs.

This isn't that bad, IMO.

It's probably worse, because it was premeditated and by a member of the PR staff. At least Winston's comments were off the cuff by a player who was out there playing the game. Norv's going to be in the same spot as Pioli soon if things don't change. If the Chiefs lost a game the way the Chargers did, blowing a 24 point lead with Cassel throwing 4 or 5 INTs, this place would be apocalyptic.

Dicky McElephant
10-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I think if the Chargers miss the playoffs.....Norv is gone.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2012, 08:02 PM
It's probably worse, because it was premeditated and by a member of the PR staff. At least Winston's comments were off the cuff by a player who was out there playing the game. Norv's going to be in the same spot as Pioli soon if things don't change. If the Chiefs lost a game the way the Chargers did, blowing a 24 point lead with Cassel throwing 4 or 5 INTs, this place would be apocalyptic.

I imagine he's referring to Teedubya, not Winston.

Just in case I haven't mentioned it today, FUCK Winston.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2012, 08:04 PM

Maybe. The Spanos family is almost as lame as the Hunt family in terms of loyalty.

He may stick around until they move to Los Angeles, in which he'll definitely be fired.

tk13
10-19-2012, 08:06 PM
I imagine he's referring to Teedubya, not Winston.

Just in case I haven't mentioned it today, **** Winston.

Oh, well that's definitely comparable. I almost forgot about that. Need to pull out my Clark Hunt "How to Crap On Our Fans Flow Chart" next time.

Tonka83
10-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I wonder what a Eric Winston/San Diego Chargers PR guy love child would look like?

KcMizzou
10-19-2012, 08:11 PM
I wonder what a Eric Winston/San Diego Chargers PR guy love child would look like?Fail. It'd look like fail.

Bowser
10-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Hire this genius of a man. Cassel's salvation will be nigh. /Pioli

Buehler445
10-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Burn it down. Did they put Stupid in the water at some NFL event or something? WTF is going on?

Spicy McHaggis
10-19-2012, 09:17 PM
"Look at it this way. We want our loved ones to succeed, and we’ll do whatever it takes to help them. But when they make mistakes, like we all do, we would never criticize or belittle them publicly."

**** you, Mr. PR Man. My friends and family don't charge me $100 to hang out with them for 3 hours.

And where I work if you suck at your job you sure as shit are going to hear about it.

Discuss Thrower
10-20-2012, 12:14 AM
PR guy is right, Bolt fans are exaggerating. Melting down at this phase of the season is stupid because you know the Chargers come on strong at the end of the season.

Dayze
10-20-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't think it's so much the fans melting down, but the fact that they came down so condescending to their customers, the fans.

I can't believe they would release such a thing. Unbelievable.
If this happened in KC we would be calling for Clark and Scotts' balls.....more so than usual.

bevischief
10-20-2012, 02:42 AM
What a dickhead and clueless a**hole.

AussieChiefsFan
10-20-2012, 03:12 AM
:facepalm:

Rausch
10-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Starting to see why the Chargers are blacked out every home game...

AussieChiefsFan
10-20-2012, 03:57 AM
Starting to see why the Chargers are blacked out every home game...

...coupled with the fact they need a new stadium. Along with every football team in California.

mdchiefsfan
10-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Holy SHIT! That dude has some cojones.

wazu
10-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Wow. Whitlock was right. Contempt for fans by the teams they love is not restricted to KC.

Canofbier
10-20-2012, 07:48 AM

...said everyone, every single year.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Going through life following Pissoli as an example will get you nowhere, oh and The Chargers actually have fans other than Buck?

Rausch
10-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Wow. Whitlock was right. Contempt for fans by the teams they love is not restricted to KC.

Could he have any bigger a smile on his face right now?

Iowanian
10-20-2012, 09:38 AM

We can loan you a used banner if you can find a plane.

J Diddy
10-20-2012, 09:51 AM
We can loan you a used banner if you can find a plane.

They got guys named Pioli and Cassel there too?

Buehler445
10-20-2012, 09:52 AM
**** you, Mr. PR Man. My friends and family don't charge me $100 to hang out with them for 3 hours.

And where I work if you suck at your job you sure as shit are going to hear about it.

No shit. I'd get fired if I failed as bad as the Chargers did. And I work for myself!

alanm
10-20-2012, 10:39 AM
We've got the blueprint if the three of you want to pay for a banner to be flown.LMAOLMAOLMAO

teedubya
10-20-2012, 10:44 AM
cc Get a Clue.

WhiteWhale
10-20-2012, 12:30 PM
The contempt players and executives show fans of the NFL, especially recently, is making me not ever want to watch the sport again.

The fact that it's becoming in vogue for sports teams to blast their own fanbase is just turning me off. I always knew most football players hate their fans, but this is getting ridiculous. So now Charger fans have to take hits from their own PR director? Fucking league is shitting itself.

mnchiefsguy
10-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Seems like the Chargers and the Chiefs must have both hired graduates from the same sucking PR school.

O.city
10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
So I was of the thought that if the players of my favorite team shit all over themselves over and over, it's my right to blast them for it?

Easy 6
10-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Teams to Fans - You dumb, drooling knaves just shut your fat, greasy, nacho stuffed gobs, you're lucky we even let you watch us suck.

the Talking Can
10-20-2012, 03:12 PM
shorter version

"give us your money and shut the fuck up"