PDA

View Full Version : Poop acid reflux!

KC Jones
10-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Somehow, the taste of 3 glasses of wine, 2 beers, 2 cups of mixed nuts, hummus w/ pita, and then a slice of pepperoni pizza really isn't all that appealing the 2nd time around.

:Lin:

MotherfuckerJones
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
My mom had her acid reflux surgery. Get that. Its painful but worth it

Fruit Ninja
10-19-2012, 08:49 PM
haha, i recently turned lactose and its a BITCH, i love diary milk especially and it SUX now days when i drink it. Shit changes as you get older.

Buehler445
10-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I've been getting it more frequently. I'm getting old. FML.

Fish
10-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Take 2 shots of hydrogen peroxide. It'll neutralize it instantly in a safe and effective manner.

:D :thumb:

LiveSteam
10-19-2012, 09:23 PM
haha, i recently turned lactose and its a BITCH, i love diary milk especially and it SUX now days when i drink it. Shit changes as you get older.

Me to & it sucks.

SNR
10-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Anti-freeze should cool your system down.

mikey23545
10-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Somehow, the taste of 3 glasses of wine, 2 beers, 2 cups of mixed nuts, hummus w/ pita, and then a slice of pepperoni pizza really isn't all that appealing the 2nd time around.

:Lin:

Been there, redone that.

Priest31kc
10-19-2012, 10:12 PM
I've had acid reflux bad since 06...Been taking Prilosec OTC (Omeprazole) every day since then.

If I don't take it in the morning before I eat, then I'll have unbearable heartburn all damn day...Sucks!

Lzen
10-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I take Pantoprazole (generic Protonix) daily. What a wonderful medicine. Otherwise, I would be in misery every day with reflux.

bevischief
10-20-2012, 03:09 AM
Cut sugar and carbs from your diet.

Guru
10-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Been on Prilosec for a few years now. Attempting to get off of it. So far I have been able to go 6 days without needing another dose. Hopefully, I will eventually get all the way off of it.

donkhater
10-20-2012, 04:54 AM
I've had it off and on for a while, and I can effectively control it by not over eating and cutting out carbonated drinks, i.e. beer and soft drinks. One every now and then is fine, but I feel it when I go over a certain amount.

MOhillbilly
10-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Take a shot of raw Apple cider vinegar and chase it with water.

Or swallow a pea size amount of tooth paste.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Alkamax works great, been using it for years. Please be weary of those proton pump inhibitors, You need those acids to break down your food and long term exposure can cause cancer.

Chief Roundup
10-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Been on Prilosec for a few years now. Attempting to get off of it. So far I have been able to go 6 days without needing another dose. Hopefully, I will eventually get all the way off of it.

I take Pantoprazole (generic Protonix) daily. What a wonderful medicine. Otherwise, I would be in misery every day with reflux.

I've had acid reflux bad since 06...Been taking Prilosec OTC (Omeprazole) every day since then.

If I don't take it in the morning before I eat, then I'll have unbearable heartburn all damn day...Sucks!

I've been getting it more frequently. I'm getting old. FML.

If you guys are having a lot of reflux you need to see your physicians probably. My dad waited to go see his until it had damaged his esophagus. He had been on Prilosec for a long time.

My mom had her acid reflux surgery. Get that. Its painful but worth it

My dad had this surgery a year ago and he is happy overall with the results of the operation. What he doesn't like is that he can't puke or burp or anything like that. It has to come out the other end.

dannybcaitlyn
10-20-2012, 08:03 AM
I went to a gastro doc about mine and had to get mine scoped. I had a little damage and they also stretched my esophagus. He told me to change the way I eat and put me on some prescribed heartburn meds. I have a appt like next month for a checkup. IF You been having problems get it checked out! You can get cancer in the esophagus from acid reflux.
http://www.ecan.org/site/PageServer?pagename=home

R8RFAN
10-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Generic brand of Zantac works best for me.

NewChief
10-20-2012, 08:23 AM

It may take you a while to get used to the sweetness, but try almond milk. Do not get the Unsweetened or the Vanilla. Get the original.

scho63
10-20-2012, 05:18 PM
I have gastritis, GERD, heartburn at night, esophageal corrosion, and a hiatal hernia that was diagnosed 2 months ago during an endoscopy and biopsy. They put me on Nexium and I feel 99% better and don't have any reflux or heartburn at night anymore.

Go get checked out

R8RFAN
10-20-2012, 05:21 PM
I have gastritis, GERD, heartburn at night, esophageal corrosion, and a hiatal hernia that was diagnosed 2 months ago during an endoscopy and biopsy. They put me on Nexium and I feel 99% better and don't have any reflux or heartburn at night anymore.

Go get checked out

Hell ya, piss on that heartburn at night... I only get it if I eat late..

R8RFAN
10-20-2012, 05:22 PM
It may take you a while to get used to the sweetness, but try almond milk. Do not get the Unsweetened or the Vanilla. Get the original.

Thats all we drink over here 99% of the time is Almond Milk... I love the stuff