PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs -saveourchiefs.com- Start a "Fire Pioli" chant...

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 10:04 AM
I mentioned this in the sticky threads, but they did not get much feedback. Perhaps because it is a stupid idea.

But...

Just like our touchdown, tomahawk chop, and ...Kansas City Chiefs, "FIRST DOWN" chants; maybe we introduce a new chant during certain points of the game. This chant could be a simple "Fire Pioli" chant that occurs when we punt or the opponent scores a TD.

The chant can be thrown up on the saveourchiefs.com FB page and -maybe- if enough people go for this, it just may catch on as fans spread throughout the stadium begin this chant...hopefully those around them follow along and this becomes a new chant...

Dumb idea? Never going to work?

Mods, I don't care if this is merged into the sticky thread at the end of the day. I just wanted to get some feedback about it...

Cassel needs more carries.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Maybe "no more Pioli"....that rolls off the tongue a bit easier if you are going to chant it. :p

Simplicity
10-20-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm down for it when I go down to the Chiefs/Colts game.

KC Tattoo
10-20-2012, 10:09 AM
It's a great idea if enough people chant should catch on.

pr_capone
10-20-2012, 10:24 AM
hey hey

ho ho

Scott Pioli has got to go.

notorious
10-20-2012, 10:28 AM
"Fire Pioli" will sound like "IIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

It's a good idea, but we need something a little cleaner to chant.

Rausch
10-20-2012, 10:29 AM
This whole idea is something that can build slowly over time.

Perhaps only 600 people show up in black. That's fine. Odds are they'll be spread throughout the stadium and as people ask them WTF is up with the black they get to spread the word where it needs to be - in Arrowhead.

You get a couple hundred people on board this week it could double or triple the next week as the word is spread and the movement hits the radio and other media...

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 10:30 AM
"Fire Pioli" will sound like "IIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

It's a good idea, but we need something a little cleaner to chant.

Yeah....

That is why suggested the "no more Pioli" one. "Pioli" itself is just not very chant-friendly.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 10:33 AM
This whole idea is something that can build slowly over time.

Perhaps only 600 people show up in black. That's fine. Odds are they'll be spread throughout the stadium and as people ask them WTF is up with the black they get to spread the word where it needs to be - in Arrowhead.

You get a couple hundred people on board this week it could double or triple the next week as the word is spread and the movement hits the radio and other media...

I'm thinking with the number of followers saveourchiefs.com has; a couple hundred of them may attend the games and take part in the chant...maybe?

The hope is that they are dispersed throughout the stadium enough that the chant will catch on with their neighbors who will then take part. As you said, 600 people may participate in the blackout...and it is unlikely that their neighbors will be carrying around a spare black shirt to jump on board. Where the chant...if there are 600 people, it's easier to jump on board...

Canofbier
10-20-2012, 10:35 AM
hey hey

ho ho

Scott Pioli has got to go.

That could work. Gives people a rhythm to follow so it doesn't sound like gibberish.

notorious
10-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah....

That is why suggested the "no more Pioli" one. "Pioli" itself is just not very chant-friendly.

"Fuck Scott" would be pretty easy to make out. ;)

teedubya
10-20-2012, 10:36 AM
"New G-M"

notorious
10-20-2012, 10:37 AM
"New G-M"

This is good.

"Clean House" would be good, too.

Rausch
I'm thinking with the number of followers saveourchiefs.com has; a couple hundred of them may attend the games and take part in the chant...maybe?

The hope is that they are dispersed throughout the stadium enough that the chant will catch on with their neighbors who will then take part. As you said, 600 people may participate in the blackout...and it is unlikely that their neighbors will be carrying around a spare black shirt to jump on board. Where the chant...if there are 600 people, it's easier to jump on board...

I agree. I just don't think people should expect immediate results. This is something where you might not see a big turnout right after the seed is planted but once it's taken hold it might grow like fucking kudzu.

Mr_Tomahawk
"**** Scott" would be pretty easy to make out. ;)

Ha...yeah. I wanted to stay away from the "Pioli Sucks" chants to avoid as much negative publicity as possible...

notorious
10-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Ha...yeah. I wanted to stay away from the "Pioli Sucks" chants to avoid as much negative publicity as possible...

:D

You are absolutely right.

mdchiefsfan
10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Yeah....

Change it to scottie

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
"New G-M"

This is good.

Put it at the top of the saveourchiefs website and give instruction to begin chanting it whenever we punt....

Rausch
10-20-2012, 10:41 AM
"New G-M"

NEW GM! NEW QB!
NEW GM! NEW QB!

mdchiefsfan
Yeah....

Change it to scottie

Go home scottie

notorious
"New GM" is perfect.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 10:42 AM
NEW GM! NEW QB!
NEW GM! NEW QB!

I don't want Pioli to draft our new QB thinking he will change our views on him.

With a new GM, comes a new QB.

I'd keep it to just "New G-M".

teedubya
10-20-2012, 10:45 AM
You could put these chant requests on the back of the flyer. :-D

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 10:46 AM
You could put these chant requests on the back of the flyer. :-D

Nice.

It'd be great if we could get the local radio to mention something along the lines "hearing fans are going to begin chantings "New G-M" whenever we punt the ball now..." :hmmm:

qabbaan
10-20-2012, 11:00 AM
When LeBron returned to Cleveland for the first time, there was a twitter account devoted to coordinating chants while at the game.

the Save Our Chiefs account could be used for that purpose.

Ace Gunner
10-20-2012, 11:05 AM
The thing is, none of this "inside arrowhead" stuff is gonna work because most of those fans in there are more concerned with their daughter having a cute experience with cheerleaders than wearing black, dressing their daughters in black, etc.

Your best shot is billboard & bus stop/sidewalk signs around town. The idea here is it's implied -- the image of your movement is implied as such -- a legit movement with financial backing for these ads. To me, that is where your bang/$ is.

It makes you accessible to those folks who are unhappy as you are, but not so ambitious for various reasons. It will likely bring out the boos at arrowhead -- at best, that is going to be your legacy there.

But I did like the "Cassel needs more carries" idea:D

CanadaKC
10-20-2012, 11:16 AM
sing it to the tune of "My Sharona"..except sing "Fi-fi-fi-fire Pioli"!!!

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Well I am trying to get a RT from some of the local media guys------

@XXXXX "NEW G-M" chant to begin with every Chiefs punt. Please RT. #saveourchiefs

Sorry if I broke rules. If it works. Great. If it doesn't meh...I tried.

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Because Pioli will try to do so...

Dayze
10-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Needs to be 4 syllables

bowener
10-20-2012, 02:42 PM
"Clean House Clark"

Buehler445
10-20-2012, 02:46 PM
"New G-M"

You are goddamned Brilliant.

TEX
10-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Year 4 of Pioli...ROFL

Hoover
10-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I thought no one was going to the game? No you ARE going so you can chant?

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2012, 02:54 PM
It would be cool to have one side of the stadium say FIRE, and the other, PIOLI.

suzzer99
10-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Needs to be 4 syllables

Can-Dee Wrap-Per

|Zach|
10-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Chants only spread by people doing them. So just have the balls to start it in stadium and get people to join. Good luck.

listopencil
10-20-2012, 06:35 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8QJYqaBsCx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare
10-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Scotty Don't

DRU
10-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Do we have room to improve our 12th man, too, since we're attempting to reach the masses?

If/when things around here do turn around and Arrowhead gets rockin again, I think it would be sweet if we could adjust the noise a little bit.

We've always been known as a "smart" fan base because we cheer loud when the defense is on the field. What happens, though, is the opposing team generally huddles up, and then as they start walkin up to the line the place starts getting loud.

Of course, this helps keep them from hearing the QB's cadence and makes it difficult to audible, but what if we were to get that loud during the opposing team's huddle and continue it up to the snap like now..??

If they couldn't even hear the play there would be confusion from the very beginning before they're even walking to the line. Players would listen real hard and go with what they think they heard, which could result in more turnovers (receivers running wrong routes, for example)

It's something I've always thought about, even through the 90's.

Groves
10-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Here's what the 4 syllables are:

1. Fire
2. Pee
3. Oh
4. Lee

Mr_Tomahawk
11-10-2012, 12:26 PM
I still think this is worth a shot...look a the pub the Laker fans are getting with their chant last night.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7sC7Yht9o3Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aturnis
11-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Maybe "no more Pioli"....that rolls off the tongue a bit easier if you are going to chant it. :p

Down with Pioli

aturnis
11-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Scotty Don't

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Vyj1C8ogtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsNow
11-10-2012, 12:51 PM
F I R E Pee Oh Lee , F I R E Pee Oh Lee, F I R E Pee Oh Lee

theelusiveeightrop
11-10-2012, 01:38 PM
"Ass rape Pioli"