PDA

View Full Version : KSU KSU vs Alabama for Natl Champion - Who wins?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Chiefshrink
10-21-2012, 08:54 AM
After watching KSU last night and granted it was against an overrated sports media hyped WVU team that has a Def ranked 115, however Geno is not overrated, he just can't do it all. KSU's game all around was just phenomenal and especially their D that I believe is just as good as Alabama.

Who wins this potential Natl Championship game?

stevenidol
10-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Alabama. Same result as KSU vs Arkansas last year in the Cotton Bowl where KSU was overwhelmed by better talent.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 09:04 AM
You guys are tards. Seriously. KSU has no shot. K-State fans are the worst.

pr_capone
10-21-2012, 09:08 AM

K-State gives me everything the Chiefs don't. Fucking right I'll go homer for them.

BoneKrusher
10-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Alabama. Same result as KSU vs Arkansas last year in the Cotton Bowl where KSU was overwhelmed by better talent.

Alabama plays Defense as close to pro as you'll see College Football.

lewdog
10-21-2012, 09:10 AM
No one can touch 'Bama.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 09:11 AM
After watching KSU last night and granted it was against an overrated sports media hyped WVU team that has a Def ranked 115, however Geno is not overrated, he just can't do it all. KSU's game all around was just phenomenal and especially their D that I believe is just as good as Alabama.

Who wins this potential Natl Championship game?

The fact that you believe that K-State's defense is as good as Bama's is an example of why I hate k-state fans.

When I got here in 98 I'd never been around fans who thought so much of their team. I kept asking if I was missing something. If I was in a coma for a few decades and k-state had won a handful of national championships or something. But no, that wasn't it. It's really that k-state fans are just simply retarded.

Bama, Florida, LSU right now would walk all over K-State like it was a scrimmage. I know you guys don't see that because of putting up points on some shit team like WV but Bama would just CRUSH K-state. I mean massacre.

Dayze
10-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Bama is my team. The only team I'd truly be a little concerned with playing if the championship was tomorrow would be Oregon.

Deberg_1990
10-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Bama. Snyder has done an incredible job at KState, both times. Just amazing.

KState will never get the talent level and recruits that Bama, LSU, Florida, USC, Texas, etc gets. Just not gonna happen. In a lot of ways, Snyder is the best coach in the country for that reason.

Dayze
10-21-2012, 09:18 AM

And Bama beat Arkansas this year 55-0

TribalElder
10-21-2012, 09:19 AM
If bama sweeps the SEC and beats fla in the champ game they will be tuff to beat

rageeumr
10-21-2012, 09:20 AM
I think KSU definitely could win. They're certainly not going to beat themselves.

But 'Bama is just in another class talent-wise. That's not a shot at KSU, I think the gap from Bama to everybody else is about as big as I've ever seen in college football. And if anybody rivals KSU with regard to discipline and smart football, it's Bama.

If you play the game 10 times, I think Bama wins 8+.

BoneKrusher
10-21-2012, 09:20 AM
If bama sweeps the SEC and beats fla in the champ game they will be tuff to beat

agreed.

mikey23545
10-21-2012, 09:23 AM
The fact that you believe that K-State's defense is as good as Bama's is an example of why I hate k-state fans.

When I got here in 98 I'd never been around fans who thought so much of their team. I kept asking if I was missing something. If I was in a coma for a few decades and k-state had won a handful of national championships or something. But no, that wasn't it. It's really that k-state fans are just simply retarded.

Bama, Florida, LSU right now would walk all over K-State like it was a scrimmage. I know you guys don't see that because of putting up points on some shit team like WV but Bama would just CRUSH K-state. I mean massacre.

And remember, Missouri is going to dominate that conference that plays "old man" football...

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 09:26 AM
And remember, Missouri is going to dominate that conference that plays "old man" football...

I know.

The talent level from the SEC teams like LSU, Florida, Bama are so far above and beyond what K-State currently puts on the field that it's not really comparable.

Almost every year some big-12 team comes out with a big high powered offense that everyone says will give the SEC trouble..........and then gets it's ass handed to them. SEC defensive speed >>>>>> anything in the big-12. Not to mention better coaching. There is a reason why right now, that the SEC has won 6 BCS titles in a row, and someone remind me again of the big-12's record in the BCS champ game?

K-STate has ZERO shot. None. Nada. A smoke and mirrors team that plays fancy football that will get its shit pushed in if they happen to make it to the title game.

Brainiac
10-21-2012, 09:26 AM
K-State beat an Oklahoma team that looks pretty talented.

I don't know how they would do against Alabama, but I think they'd have a shot.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 09:27 AM
K-State beat an Oklahoma team that looks pretty talented.

I don't know how they would do against Alabama, but I think they'd have a shot.

No shot.

GloryDayz
10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Other than the fact that the whole nation loses, dare I say the plant loses, if either of those teams win, nobody's got shit for 'Bama this year! I can't imagine anybody but them winning it all.

Go Navy!

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Alabama by 3 scores.

Dayze
10-21-2012, 09:32 AM
The thing with Bama is this depth. And the just wear you out on offense and defense. Lacy will pound you. The offensive line will pound you. The the true freshman Yeldon comes in. He reminds me of Adrian Peterson. Fast, big, powerful, elusive. You go from Lacy who is around 6' 229, to Yeldon who is 6'1" 215 and fast.

Defensive line for Bama stout. Entire defense is disciplined and doesnt make many dumb mental mistakes. KIrby Smart is an excellent defensive coordinator. Year in and year out their defense has a true coach on the field. Milliner in the secondary, and Mosley in the LB corps.

Games might be close at half time, but the pounding takes its toll on the opposite team around mid 3rd qtr.

PGM
10-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Mini Bama may take em.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Alabama has had a cupcake schedule. The best team they have played is from the Big 10. They are avoiding South Carolina and Florida in the regular season. The best team they will play this season is 8th on offense in the SEC. Let's not act like they have done anything great this season.

TIED5573
10-21-2012, 09:39 AM
Alabama has had a cupcake schedule. The best team they have played is from the Big 10. They are avoiding South Carolina and Florida in the regular season. The best team they will play this season is 8th on offense in the SEC. Let's not act like they have done anything great this season.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

That K-State, with no talent, from that pussy Big-12 league, that plays nobody, with a senile old man for a coach is even in this discussion is nothing but WIN,

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 09:40 AM

That was some weak shit right there.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 09:40 AM
That was some weak shit right there.

What do you dispute? It's all just the facts.

Mr. Laz
10-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Alabama is probably just too physical for most of K-states stuff to work like it does against other teams.

Dayze
10-21-2012, 09:46 AM

They played Michign ranked right jout of the gate. They still go to LSU. Arkansas was ranked I believe. They still play Texas A&M. And chances are they'll play Florida in the champ game.

Hardly cup cake IMO. No more so than Kstate.

Dante84
10-21-2012, 09:48 AM

jelly?

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 09:56 AM
jelly?

Yeah totally jelly of all of those national championships they have won.........oh wait.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 10:06 AM
They played Michign ranked right jout of the gate. They still go to LSU. Arkansas was ranked I believe. They still play Texas A&M. And chances are they'll play Florida in the champ game.

Hardly cup cake IMO. No more so than Kstate.

I did say cupcake so far. We all know Arkansas is a train wreck (though maybe turning it around). The fact they may have been ranked is based on last season and projections to this season with Wilson. Being ranked has no merit that early in the season especially without the QB. LSU has one of the worst offenses in the SEC. You don't get to use A&M because they are still a Big 12 team playing in the SEC. And K-State beat a better A&M last season. Florida will be a true test for sure but they will just play again in the championship because of the bias and we will see another snoozer like last season. Let's not forget Bama should not have been in the championship. LSU should not have to beat the same team twice to win it all.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah totally jelly of all of those national championships they have won.........oh wait.

This argument that a team is better this season because of their all time accolades is just stupid. Are the Raiders better than the Bengals?

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 10:13 AM
This argument that a team is better this season because of their all time accolades is just stupid. Are the Raiders better than the Bengals?

I love me some k-state fans.

Win something god dammit. Until then. STFU.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I love me some k-state fans.

Win something god dammit. Until then. STFU.

So the Raiders are better than the Bengals. Got it.

Dayze
10-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I did say cupcake so far. We all know Arkansas is a train wreck (though maybe turning it around). The fact they may have been ranked is based on last season and projections to this season with Wilson. Being ranked has no merit that early in the season especially without the QB. LSU has one of the worst offenses in the SEC. You don't get to use A&M because they are still a Big 12 team playing in the SEC. And K-State beat a better A&M last season. Florida will be a true test for sure but they will just play again in the championship because of the bias and we will see another snoozer like last season. Let's not forget Bama should not have been in the championship. LSU should not have to beat the same team twice to win it all.

Yup. I agreed mostly. Florida will be a pain in the ass

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Yup. I agreed mostly. Florida will be a pain in the ass

It's amazing Florida went from a QB competition before the season to an undefeated record so far.

theelusiveeightrop
10-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Despite extreme hatred,Bama.

Dayze
10-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Yeah. Next thing I know I look at the rankings and was like wtf? Crazy. They'll be tough

ArrowheadMagic
10-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Think it would be a good game, but KSU would most likely wear down at the end.

Dayze
10-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Bama is extremely balanced. They make it very difficult to key in on any one phase of the offense or any one weapon.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Despite extreme hatred,Bama.

Most likely. But it only takes one game and one or two QB mistakes from Bama to change the game. Bama will have to beat K-State. They won't beat themselves. I would guess Bama as a 9.5-10.5 point favorite if they played tomorrow.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Most likely. But it only takes one game and one or two QB mistakes from Bama to change the game. Bama will have to beat K-State. They won't beat themselves. I would guess Bama as a 9.5-10.5 point favorite if they played tomorrow.

God damn you're a homer.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
God damn you're a homer.

I know I know. Alabama has played the most difficult schedule imaginable and the Raiders are better than the Bengals. You have yet to dispute anything I've posted because you can't. Idiot. So on this one, what is wrong? You think the spread is too small?

NewChief
10-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Man it kills me that the Razorbacks were spanking KSU in a bowl game at the end of last season, and now they're being talked about as BCS champs while the Hogs have sunk to unimagined lows. Painful.
\

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I know I know. Alabama has played the most difficult schedule imaginable and the Raiders are better than the Bengals. You have yet to dispute anything I've posted because you can't. Idiot. So on this one, what is wrong? You think the spread is too small?

I've actually pointed out in the other threads, that I hear this shit every year. Some big-12 team with a fancy offense puts a bunch of points up on a bunch of other shitty big-12 teams that can't play defense. Then those fans get all uppity and talk about national championships. Then they have to play the SEC.

How's that been working out?

You're a homer. and K-State homers are by FAR the worst in college football. Because you aint won shit, won't ever win shit, yet act like your team has 14 NC's in its history.

CoMoChief
10-21-2012, 10:40 AM
It would be interesting.....for about a half.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 10:42 AM
I've actually pointed out in the other threads, that I hear this shit every year. Some big-12 team with a fancy offense puts a bunch of points up on a bunch of other shitty big-12 teams that can't play defense. Then those fans get all uppity and talk about national championships. Then they have to play the SEC.

How's that been working out?

You're a homer. and K-State homers are by FAR the worst in college football. Because you aint won shit, won't ever win shit, yet act like your team has 14 NC's in its history.

There is nothing fancy about the K-State offense. Thanks for putting on full display for everyone that you have no idea what you are taking about.

Alabama probably wins but it will not be a blowout and will be much better than watching LSU last season have to beat the same team twice. Alabama didn't earn that opportunity.

Saulbadguy
10-21-2012, 10:42 AM
In the end, EMAW will always win.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Man it kills me that the Razorbacks were spanking KSU in a bowl game at the end of last season, and now they're being talked about as BCS champs while the Hogs have sunk to unimagined lows. Painful.
\

Arkansas was probably the most non traditional SEC offense last season with the amount of throwing they did. Killed them to lose Wilson. And the coach situation as well certainly doesn't help.

Red Brooklyn
10-21-2012, 10:45 AM
K-State gives me everything the Chiefs don't. Fucking right I'll go homer for them.

This x infinity!

Go Cats! EMAW!!

BWillie
10-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Alabama by four tds

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 10:50 AM
There is nothing fancy about the K-State offense. Thanks for putting on full display for everyone that you have no idea what you are taking about.

Alabama probably wins but it will not be a blowout and will be much better than watching LSU last season have to beat the same team twice. Alabama didn't earn that opportunity.

That's if K-State even gets there, which is highly unlikely.

And yes, every year it's some fancy big-12 offense getting it's ass handed to it by the SEC.

Like I said, win something then talk shit about how awesome the team is. Don't really care about some wins against shitty ass opponents with 115th ranked defenses. Aint shit.

Woodchuck
10-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't think KSU could beat Bama, Florida, or Oregon. overall, they are too slow.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 10:57 AM
I don't think KSU could beat Bama, Florida, or Oregon. overall, they are too slow.

Oregon doesn't play defense either.

That's what people are missing. the reason LSU, Bama, and Florida would wipe the floor with K-State is because of the difference in talent level from those SEC defenses to K-State's offense. It's just too great.

Spott
10-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Alabama isn't losing to anyone. They are too good and too deep all around, especially on defense.

Woodchuck
10-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Oregon doesn't play defense either.

That's what people are missing. the reason LSU, Bama, and Florida would wipe the floor with K-State is because of the difference in talent level from those SEC defenses to K-State's offense. It's just too great.

I'm not missing anything and I know where you are coming from but, KSU relies alot on defense and they can't match up with Oregon.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 11:04 AM

And yes, every year it's some fancy big-12 offense getting it's ass handed to it by the SEC.

Like I said, win something then talk shit about how awesome the team is. Don't really care about some wins against shitty ass opponents with 115th ranked defenses. Aint shit.

And K-State did what they should by completely dominating WV on the road and putting up 55 points.

K-State still doesn't have a fancy offense you moron. So comparing them to past teams is stupid. And like I have said, the past has nothing to do with the outcome of this hypothetical game. It's really pretty sad that all you can say to in favor of Alabama over K-State in regards to this season is that Alabama has a better history. I would think you would be more confident and would actually talk about these 2012 teams and this season's players.

Dante84
10-21-2012, 11:05 AM

how do you figure?

Alabama and Florida play each other if they win out. Essentially KState is #3 for all intents and purposes.

Who is in front of them? An Oregon team lead by an 18 year old QB, who still has USC on the road and a top ten matchup with in state rival Oregon State. Oh, and the BCS differential between Oregon and KSU at the moment is .003.

So yeah, you can take your "highly unlikely" and shove it up your ass.

Dante84
10-21-2012, 11:07 AM

You're right, a top 5 victory against OU, in Norman, against Bob Stoops, ain't shit.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 11:16 AM
And K-State did what they should by completely dominating WV on the road and putting up 55 points.

K-State still doesn't have a fancy offense you moron. So comparing them to past teams is stupid. And like I have said, the past has nothing to do with the outcome of this hypothetical game. It's really pretty sad that all you can say to in favor of Alabama over K-State in regards to this season is that Alabama has a better history. I would think you would be more confident and would actually talk about these 2012 teams and this season's players.

Uh no, it's because Alabama has the best defense in the country and LSU has the 3rd best. This is exactly why they'd whup K-State's ass. Clear enough?

how do you figure?

Alabama and Florida play each other if they win out. Essentially KState is #3 for all intents and purposes.

Who is in front of them? An Oregon team lead by an 18 year old QB, who still has USC on the road and a top ten matchup with in state rival Oregon State. Oh, and the BCS differential between Oregon and KSU at the moment is .003.

So yeah, you can take your "highly unlikely" and shove it up your ass.

K-State has been to exactly how many NC games under Snyder? So shove that up your ass. No different than Marty couldn't get us to the SB, Snyder wins with good coaching but he loses against superior talent because K-State doesn't have it. They don't have it this year either.

K-State in the NC game? Highly unlikely.

Bowser
10-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Alabama. K-State might give them a fight for a half, but there is just too much talent on that Bama roster.

Some of those passes Klein was floating in to his receivers last night would have been sure INT's against that Alabama defense.

Dante84
10-21-2012, 11:26 AM
K-State has been to exactly how many NC games under Snyder? So shove that up your ass.

The **** does that have to do with them getting there?

No different than Marty couldn't get us to the SB,
NCAA doesn't have the playoffs, dumbass. Completely different ballgame and no comparison.

Snyder wins with good coaching but he loses against superior talent because K-State doesn't have it. They don't have it this year either.

So what team to they face, prior to the National Championship game, that has superior talent? You were saying that KSU won't make it to the game. Now you are saying they won't win the game if they play in it. Keep your arguments straight. You haven't addressed any of my points as to why it's conceivable, possibly even probable, that KSU makes it to the big game.

K-State in the NC game? Highly unlikely.
What valid, relevant points do you have to back that assertion?

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Because it's most likely going to be Oregon and Bama.

K-State is NOT that great. Again, I understand you K-State fans are jerking off all over the place right now, but you're team doesn't have much of a shot. I do not see K-State going undefeated.

Dante84
10-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Because it's most likely going to be Oregon and Bama.

K-State is NOT that great. Again, I understand you K-State fans are jerking off all over the place right now, but you're team doesn't have much of a shot. I do not see K-State going undefeated.

You're full of shit, and talk out your ass based on opinion and not fact.

Sorry it hurts you to see KState win, you'll only have to endure it through the end of the season.

BCD
10-21-2012, 12:09 PM
LOL @ Guardian's KSU hate.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Whoa now! This thread/poll is extremely premature.

Alabama may very well fall to Florida.

BCD
10-21-2012, 12:11 PM
I don't see how anyone is going to beat Alabama.

BCD
10-21-2012, 12:15 PM

If Florida wins the NC, DA and Setsuna will certainly have to be put on ignore.

That's just entirely too much douchebaggery roaming free on the Planet.

:)

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 12:19 PM
If Florida goes to the NC and loses to KSU, DA and Setsuna will certainly make for lively entertainment as we watch them bitch and moan and writhe in pain over losing the the lowly Cats.

:)

FYP

Coach
10-21-2012, 12:21 PM
LOL @ Guardian's KSU hate.

It's really strong.....

I guess what I fail to understand his reasoning for the hate to K-State....

tk13
10-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Whoa now! This thread/poll is extremely premature.

We had a bit of this discussion yesterday... but this is the flipside of that argument. I really think you don't want this to happen. Everybody already thinks Alabama is the best team in the country. I would almost bet if they lost to Florida, a lot of people would still rank them #2 ahead of Oregon and K-State.

Valiant
10-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Most teams will be lucky to still be in it for a half against Bama this year..

More then likely it will be Oregon they face, if Oregon loses a game and Florida plays them close then Florida gets the next shot, it will be then KState if they win out after that..

Coach
10-21-2012, 12:28 PM
We had a bit of this discussion yesterday... but this is the flipside of that argument. I really think you don't want this to happen. Everybody already thinks Alabama is the best team in the country. I would almost bet if they lost to Florida, a lot of people would still rank them #2 ahead of Oregon and K-State.

The problem is Florida has Louisiana Ragin Cajones and Jacksonville State on their schedule. Somehow those two could come into play. Not saying it will, but it just maybe, a small percentage.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 12:32 PM
You're full of shit, and talk out your ass based on opinion and not fact.

Sorry it hurts you to see KState win, you'll only have to endure it through the end of the season.

Hardly. K-State has no shot.

And I explained my hate for K-State. It's the fans and how stupid they are. Like this dipshit here. K-State is some god damn powerhouse according to him, and they haven't won shit.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 12:39 PM
It's really strong.....

I guess what I fail to understand his reasoning for the hate to K-State....

Fear. And maybe penis envy.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 12:41 PM

My post was intended more as a joke than anything. But yeah, all non-SEC schools should be prepaired to get screwed again.

Aidan
10-21-2012, 12:41 PM

You're a fucking idiot.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 12:46 PM

K-State has one more loss than Alabama the past two seasons. My point is that looking at this season and last, Alabama is the best team but they aren't invincible and certainly aren't three scores or even two TDs better than K-State. I don't care about the overall history because it doesn't matter for this season. Alabama hasn't played anyone better than a mediocre Michigan team. They have yet to be tested by a real team. Get over it.

Dante84
10-21-2012, 12:54 PM

No shot to play in the NC game?

notorious
10-21-2012, 12:57 PM
JFC

There is a lot of football to be played.

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 01:08 PM
I love K-State fans because of their sense of humor. I wish them nothing but success, especially now that Missouri isn't in the Big 12 now. Bill Snyder is one of the best football coaches of all time.

That said, K-State would lose to Alabama by 17 points. I agree with rageemur; Bama wins 8+ times out of 10.

LVNHACK
10-21-2012, 01:09 PM

And I explained my hate for K-State. It's the fans and how stupid they are. Like this dipshit here. K-State is some god damn powerhouse according to him, and they haven't won shit.

Spot the FUCK on !!!!!!

Lzen
10-21-2012, 01:15 PM
In the end, EMAW will always win.

In the end, EMAW is about the dumbest sports phrase ever.

KC Tattoo
10-21-2012, 01:15 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U039-PWcE18?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bandwagonjumper
10-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Most teams will be lucky to still be in it for a half against Bama this year..

More then likely it will be Oregon they face, if Oregon loses a game and Florida plays them close then Florida gets the next shot, it will be then KState if they win out after that..

All this talk about Alabama reminds me of USC a few years ago. All the talk then was about how great USC was and nobody could beat them. Then there lost against Texas maybe but didn't definetly not win the championship. Its a one off game and anything can happen plus I believe there will lose to LSU. Its a home game and if I were a betting man I would bet a lot money on LSU.

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 01:19 PM
All this talk about Alabama reminds me of USC a few years ago. All the talk then was about how great USC was and nobody could beat them. Then there lost against Texas maybe but didn't definetly not win the championship. Its a one off game and anything can happen plus I believe there will lose to LSU. Its a home game and if I were a betting man I would bet a lot money on LSU.

LSU could certainly win. But only if Bama misses field goals. I don't understand how the fuck LSU is supposed to score on Bama; LSU's offense is, somehow, even worse this season than last season.

Lzen
10-21-2012, 01:23 PM

Look, I'm no KSU fan but even I think your argument is stupid. Just because a team hasn't won before doesn't mean they won't. There was a first time for every national champ in history.

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I love K-State fans because of their sense of humor. I wish them nothing but success, especially now that Missouri isn't in the Big 12 now. Bill Snyder is one of the best football coaches of all time.

That said, K-State would lose to Alabama by 17 points. I agree with rageemur; Bama wins 8+ times out of 10.

Yup and as great as Snyder is Saban is a better coach. The guy is approaching Osborne greatness and will probably pass him in a few years.

Lzen
10-21-2012, 01:27 PM
...Snyder wins with good coaching but he loses against superior talent because K-State doesn't have it. They don't have it this year either...

You're right about this except for the fact that they beat OU at Norman this year. And OU does have superior talent.

notorious
10-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Saban is not a better coach than Snyder. Saban is a much better recruiter, but to say he is a better coach is laughable.

I want to see Saban coach 2 and 3 star kids to a conference championship. LMAO

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Saban is not a better coach than Snyder. Saban is a much better recruiter, but to say he is a better coach is laughable.

I want to see Saban coach 2 and 3 star kids to a conference championship. LMAO

He took a 3 win LSU team and had them in a BCS game in 2 years and took an Alabama program that was 2-6 in the SEC and in shambles to a BCS game in 2 years. Recruiting is part of being a coach. Saban is a better coach.

Pitt Gorilla
10-21-2012, 01:37 PM
LOL at people voting for KSU. I like their team and love their coach, but Good Lord.

Saulbadguy
10-21-2012, 01:37 PM

It's not a phrase, "rock chalk"er

BCD
10-21-2012, 01:38 PM
He took a 3 win LSU team and had them in a BCS game in 2 years and took an Alabama program that was 2-6 in the SEC and in shambles to a BCS game in 2 years. Recruiting is part of being a coach. Saban is a better coach.

Considering it is a TON easier for LSU to get better talent than KSU, I'm going with Snyder on being a better coach.

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 01:40 PM

To be honest, Alabama was not in shambles. They were in shambles after Mike Price and the sanctions that happened around 2003. Mike Shula, while not a good coach, was a pretty good recruiter. He stabilized the program and made Alabama a place where Saban could elevate to the level he has.

Saulbadguy
10-21-2012, 01:40 PM
If this game happens, I guarantee the entire state of Alabama is getting the shit trolled out of them.

notorious
10-21-2012, 01:41 PM

Whatever.

KSU was the WORST PROGRAM IN NCAA HISTORY, and if Snyder's dumbass QB holds on to the ball just once they go on and pound FSU in the National Championship game with two and three star recruits.

Top that.

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 01:42 PM
If this game happens, I guarantee the entire state of Alabama is getting the shit trolled out of them.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/Af6ZWNrCEAAk8yx.png

notorious
10-21-2012, 01:43 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/Af6ZWNrCEAAk8yx.png

LMAO

I hope that doesn't happen. The only way to beat Bama is to sneak up on them and have a lot of things bounce the right way.

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Whatever.

KSU was the WORST PROGRAM IN NCAA HISTORY, and if Snyder's dumbass QB holds on to the ball just once they go on and pound FSU in the National Championship game with two and three star recruits.

Top that.

I'm not denying that Bill Snyder is a very good coach perhaps even one of the best but theres 5 or 6 guys I would put ahead of him all time.

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Saul's right. It's all about the EMAW.

"Fancy offense". LMAO

notorious
10-21-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm not denying that Bill Snyder is a very good coach perhaps even one of the best but theres 5 or 6 guys I would put ahead of him all time.

Tom Osborne is the only guy I would put above him.

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2012, 01:46 PM

Yea, I imagine that would cause another 8,000 new goemaw members.

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 01:46 PM

Not Bear Bryant? Why you always disrespecting the Tide, Paaawwwwwllllllll?

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2012, 01:48 PM

Venom. Hate.

Chocolate Hog

I'd put Woody Hayes, Bobby Bowden, Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne, Urban Meyer ahead of him.

Raiderhader
Yup and as great as Snyder is Saban is a better coach. The guy is approaching Osborne greatness and will probably pass him in a few years.

LMAO And people think us Cat homers are bad.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM

I can't wait to watch that one unfold. What kind of aggy is 'bama anyway?

Saulbadguy
10-21-2012, 01:51 PM

Not sure. "Noose aggy" is already taken.

keg in kc
10-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Alabama, and it's not even close.

NewChief
10-21-2012, 01:52 PM
LMAO And people think us Cat homers are bad.

No one has a more inflated sense of their own place in college football than Husker fans. Seriously.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Not sure. "Noose aggy" is already taken.

Cross burning aggy? We have an elephant for a mascot for no GD reason aggy?

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 01:54 PM

If any school could be frat aggy it'd be Alabama, Ole Miss, or Vanderbilt.

LiveSteam
10-21-2012, 01:54 PM
No one has a more inflated sense of their own place in college football than Husker fans. Seriously.

LMAOLMAO

Putting together the best five-year run in collegiate football history with an amazing 60-3 record will do that to you.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 01:55 PM

That ain't no lie.

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2012, 01:55 PM

What are you spouting off about? Is Tom Osborne not one of the greatest coaches? 3 titles 5 national championship appearances coaches for 24 years and never won less than 9 games in a season. How awful to compare other coaches to him LMAO

BTW if ANYONE should not talk shit another fan base it should be an Arkansas fan. Pig fucker.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 01:56 PM
If any school could be frat aggy it'd be Alabama, Ole Miss, or Vanderbilt.

Eh, that's boring though.

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Eh, that's boring though.

But, like corn aggy or pig aggy, it's incredibly accurate. The biggest controversy on Alabama's campus right now is the Greek community fighting for their right to haze pledges.

Saulbadguy
10-21-2012, 01:58 PM
What are you spouting off about? Is Tom Osborne not one of the greatest coaches? 3 titles 5 national championship appearances coaches for 24 years and never won less than 9 games in a season. How awful to compare other coaches to him LMAO

BTW if ANYONE should not talk shit another fan base it should be an Arkansas fan. Pig fucker.

Partial qualifiers and steroids.

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Hey, hey! This isn't about pig Aggie or the JR. BIG members. Get back on track. All EMAW all the time.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 02:00 PM
But, like corn aggy or pig aggy, it's incredibly accurate. The biggest controversy on Alabama's campus right now is the Greek community fighting for their right to haze pledges.

OK then, is cotton aggy available?

notorious
10-21-2012, 02:03 PM

They raped and pillaged for a long time. Some of that is understandable.

They will never get back to those days again, though.

Raiderhader
How about Forrest Gump aggy, or just Gump aggy for short?

Reaper16
dad fashion aggy
croakies aggy
tempo shorts aggy
penis envy for their own father's aggy

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 02:04 PM
How about Forrest Gump aggy, or just Gump aggy for short?

Gump aggy works perfectly. The SEC has a term for the zillions of redneck Alabama fans that never attended the school. That term is "Gump."

NewChief
10-21-2012, 02:08 PM

The frat thing has just freaking blown up in the last few years all over the South. It's bizarre.

Guy Harvey shirts, Sperry's, croakies, etc... there's this whole new Garden and Gun southern pride fratboy thing that's gotten huge. It's infiltrated our high school as well, with certain cliques and styles of dress being designated as "frat." We even had a "frat" day for Spirit Week, where the kids all dress like frat boys.

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 02:12 PM
The frat thing has just freaking blown up in the last few years all over the South. It's bizarre.

Guy Harvey shirts, Sperry's, croakies, etc... there's this whole new Garden and Gun southern pride fratboy thing that's gotten huge. It's infiltrated our high school as well, with certain cliques and styles of dress being designated as "frat." We even had a "frat" day for Spirit Week, where the kids all dress like frat boys.

Alabama has a new president. He's flexing some muscle by shutting down pledgeship this year in response to an influx of hazing complaints (what did UA expect when they began to push out-of-state student recruitment so much?). The Machine, UA's Greek political rule system (significant enough to have its own Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machine), is going to try and ruin him.

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2012, 02:12 PM
NewChief ran away from my rebuttal. Why?

NewChief
10-21-2012, 02:16 PM
NewChief ran away from my rebuttal. Why?

Rebuttal? My statement stands: Nebraska fans have an inflated sense of their importance on the college landscape. People chimed in and said, "Truth" because it's true. You said some nonsense about the UofA that wasn't even in question as well as trotting out some tired shit about Nebraska glory days long gone by.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Fear. And maybe penis envy.

Of K-State? A team that's never won a god damn thing?

As I noted, when I got to Kansas in 98 I thought I had somehow missed college football the past 10 years. K-State fans talked about what a juggernaut/powerhouse their team was. HADN'T WON SHIT!

The K-State fans are still doing this. It's going on this season.

This K-State team, which lost last year to Arkansas, would "put up a good game for Bama" or even possibly beat them?

Fuck and no.

I mean seriously, it's the only god damn team in college football so fruity that they would release a DVD called "decade of dominance" with ZERO national championship titles.

K-State fans are a different breed of idiot all together.

NewChief
10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Alabama has a new president. He's flexing some muscle by shutting down pledgeship this year in response to an influx of hazing complaints (what did UA expect when they began to push out-of-state student recruitment so much?). The Machine, UA's Greek political rule system (significant enough to have its own Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machine), is going to try and ruin him.

Crazy. On one hand I like it, because many of my students have an increased interest in all things southern, including southern literature and food as a result (and good god, the number of t-shirt/clothing companies with "southern" in the moniker: southern trend, southern marsh, southern tradition, southern tide, etc..). On the other hand, many of the aspects of southern living that they value are ones I find distasteful at best.

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Rebuttal? My statement stands: Nebraska fans have an inflated sense of their importance on the college landscape. People chimed in and said, "Truth" because it's true. You said some nonsense about the UofA that wasn't even in question as well as trotting out some tired shit about Nebraska glory days long gone by.

Your Arkansas education is showing. I simply asked what's wrong with using Osborne as a metric of great coaching?

NewChief
10-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Your Arkansas education is showing. I simply asked what's wrong with using Osborne as a metric of great coaching?

I never stated there was anything wrong with it. I said that Husker fans think they're more important than they are. You thinking that you deserve a lengthy dialog over something that's fairly obvious being a good case in point.

Good day.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Of K-State? A team that's never won a god damn thing?

As I noted, when I got to Kansas in 98 I thought I had somehow missed college football the past 10 years. K-State fans talked about what a juggernaut/powerhouse their team was. HADN'T WON SHIT!

The K-State fans are still doing this. It's going on this season.

This K-State team, which lost last year to Arkansas, would "put up a good game for Bama" or even possibly beat them?

**** and no.

I mean seriously, it's the only god damn team in college football so fruity that they would release a DVD called "decade of dominance" with ZERO national championship titles.

K-State fans are a different breed of idiot all together.

Yep, obvious penis envy.

Old Dog
10-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Note to self: Never go full TheGuardian

Alabama would very likely win, but to proclaim there's no chance KSU gets there passed ignorant about three stops back.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Yep, obvious penis envy.

I'm from Louisiana. An LSU fan. Yes, I'm terribly jealous of all of those NC's that K-State has claimed.

Oh shit wait a minute........

Note to self: Never go full TheGuardian

Alabama would very likely win, but to proclaim there's no chance KSU gets there passed ignorant about three stops back.

Not really. Snyder never got there before, has kind of been the Marty of college football.

They certainly could get there, but K-State would get slaughtered by the three SEC teams I mentioned. More than likely it's going to be Oregon and Bama.

Decade of dominance.........you can't make that shit up.

Sorter
10-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Florida, LSU right now would walk all over K-State like it was a scrimmage.
No way. No K-State fan, but if Texas A&M can play them close with a worse QB, there is no reason to think K-State would get outclassed.

mikey23545
10-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Some of you guys have been living in Hooterville way too long.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Alabama is good. LSU sucks. Guardian is an LSU fan. It has become clear now that he is jealous of K-State THIS season because LSU stands ZERO chance at getting to the title game so he wants to put down a fan base whose team is right in the thick if it.

Edit-also explains why he keeps putting LSU in the same sentence as Bama and Florida when it's obvious LSU is way behind those two.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 02:47 PM
No way. No K-State fan, but if Texas A&M can play them close with a worse QB, there is no reason to think K-State would get outclassed.

someone is gonna play bama close this year too, that isn't supposed to. I'm talking about law of averages. K-State doesn't field the same level of talent that those SEC teams do. Never have, never will.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Alabama is good. LSU sucks. Guardian is an LSU fan. It has become clear now that he is jealous of K-State THIS season because LSU stands ZERO chance at getting to the title game so he wants to put down a fan base whose team is right in the thick if it.

Edit-also explains why he keeps putting LSU in the same sentence as Bama and Florida when it's obvious LSU is way behind those two.

Right. Lost 14-6 to Florida in the swamp. #3 defense in the country. Terrible.

Again, when K-State wins shit LET ME KNOW. Until then, get your shine box and shut the **** up.

As far as LSU not being in the thick of things.......uhhhh there's a lot of football to be played. A LOT. LSU is in the thick of this just as much as anyone. If they beat Bama in 2 weeks, then what?

HolyHandgernade
10-21-2012, 02:51 PM
I know.

The talent level from the SEC teams like LSU, Florida, Bama are so far above and beyond what K-State currently puts on the field that it's not really comparable.

Almost every year some big-12 team comes out with a big high powered offense that everyone says will give the SEC trouble..........and then gets it's ass handed to them. SEC defensive speed >>>>>> anything in the big-12. Not to mention better coaching. There is a reason why right now, that the SEC has won 6 BCS titles in a row, and someone remind me again of the big-12's record in the BCS champ game?

K-STate has ZERO shot. None. Nada. A smoke and mirrors team that plays fancy football that will get its shit pushed in if they happen to make it to the title game.

I agree 'Bama is going to win, but this isn't the reason why. I wonder if both coaches would perform the same if Saban had Snyder's level of talent and Snyder got Saban's. Snyder is amazing in the coaching realm.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I agree 'Bama is going to win, but this isn't the reason why. I wonder if both coaches would perform the same if Saban had Snyder's level of talent and Snyder got Saban's. Snyder is amazing in the coaching realm.

Someone else already touched on this. Saban > Snyder.

HolyHandgernade
10-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Someone else already touched on this. Saban > Snyder.

I don't really care, I didn't want to read through the entire thread. They're both great coaches, no matter who one wants to give "the edge" to. Therefore, for all the reasons 'Bama would win, superior coaching isn't going to be the item that tips the scales.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't really care, I didn't want to read through the entire thread. They're both great coaches, no matter who one wants to give "the edge" to. Therefore, for all the reasons 'Bama would win, superior coaching isn't going to be the item that tips the scales.

Winning championships matter. It's like saying that Marty was just as good a coach as Lombardi or Belichick. Championships are very big separators from "good" and "great".

Snyder is a very good coach. He's got zero championships to his name.

notorious
10-21-2012, 03:00 PM
This thread had AIDS before it was even conceived.

HolyHandgernade
10-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Winning championships matter. It's like saying that Marty was just as good a coach as Lombardi or Belichick. Championships are very big separators from "good" and "great".

Snyder is a very good coach. He's got zero championships to his name.

Yeah, and he coaches in Manhattan, KS. The fact the KSU program is even being discussed is a minor miracle in itself. Its an amazing cop out. KSU doesn't have a fraction of the built-in advantages Alabama does, and you have to pull out the championship card. There's a difference between judging the coaching acumen between two coaches and then factoring in the plusses and minuses of where they coached. Snyder is already a "great" coach, and I doubt you would find a credible analyst who would say anything different.

Sorter
10-21-2012, 03:02 PM
someone is gonna play bama close this year too, that isn't supposed to. I'm talking about law of averages. K-State doesn't field the same level of talent that those SEC teams do. Never have, never will.

Do you really think that Texas A&M is better than K-State?

Texas A&M nearly beat both LSU and Florida this year.
To me, that signifies that K-State would in all likelihood be competitive with both of those teams, regardless of "talent level". If talent was everything, the Raiders would be monsters.

You said that LSU and Florida would spank K-State. K-State is better than Texas A&M. Texas A&M played both teams close, so it isn't just a fluke thing. Your argument is dumb.

KevB
10-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Love reading Guardian in all these threads. Good grief, take a step back and take a breath dude. I'm a KSU fan, loving my team and confident in their chances to compete with and beat any team in the country. Will they? Who knows? But why wouldn't a fan base tout their own team? What do you expect? Doesn't every program having a successful season act the same way?

I realize you're not going to rationally read and respond to any post at the point, so by all means continue to pound out the exact same rants from now to the end of the season. Oh, and pick a team. I see how you've chosen to pick a conference to root for against KSU, instead of just focusing on your team. Well played.

HolyHandgernade
10-21-2012, 03:05 PM

I agree, and I'm no fan of KSU, but listing "coaching" in the manner he did, as if it were almost dismissive (not to mention the coaching), is ignorant and it detracts from all the valid points he made. Instead of just saying, "I may have over stepped on that point", he now has to defend it as though the overall point he made was now in question. It just looks obstinate now.

Reaper16
10-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Snyder is a better coach than Saban.

WilliamTheIrish
10-21-2012, 03:16 PM
This has always been a ridiculous talking point. Especially from the retarded aspect of our EMAW brethren.

Coaching IS recruiting. Mack Brown gets a ridiculous amount of criticism because he recruits well and doesn't win the Big XII every year. Same with Rick Barnes. They are both great coaches. And the argument that coach x could do so much more with others talent, discounts the aspect recruiting plays in making a great coach.

Saban is great because he gets a ton of talent on campus and closes the deal. Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff. But there is still a TON of talent at key positions. The best talent has come through transfers. Plus, EMAW has a real leader at the most important position.
Several weeks ago one of the phogtards said the talent level between KU and KSU was virtually the same. That the entire difference was coaching. Needless to say, that person just regugitates a talking point that has been repeated so often, it's taken as gospel.

Can the EMAW make it through to the MNC? Sure. But we are also just good enough to lose anywhere along the way. I'm here for the ride.

To the 'ship!

BCD
10-21-2012, 03:18 PM

Exactly. And it PROVES Snyder is the better coach.

baitism
10-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Think Hawaii vs. Georgia a few years ago. K-State's offense doesn't work when they can't get offensive line push, and they wouldn't. Klein would also get the snot beat out of him trying to run.

KevB
10-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Think Hawaii vs. Georgia a few years ago. K-State's offense doesn't work when they can't get offensive line push, and they wouldn't. Klein would also get the snot beat out of him trying to run.

Now KState is Hawaii? Good grief.

BCD
10-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff.

I think they can only do so much.

I mean, who would choose Manhattan over Austin?

Saulbadguy
10-21-2012, 03:26 PM
K-State has a surprising amount of talent this year, more than usual.

Tough to comprehend, I know.

HolyHandgernade
10-21-2012, 03:28 PM
This has always been a ridiculous talking point. Especially from the retarded aspect of our EMAW brethren.

Coaching IS recruiting. Mack Brown gets a ridiculous amount of criticism because he recruits well and doesn't win the Big XII every year. Same with Rick Barnes. They are both great coaches. And the argument that coach x could do so much more with others talent, discounts the aspect recruiting plays in making a great coach.

Saban is great because he gets a ton of talent on campus and closes the deal. Snyder doesn't recruit well, nor do his staff. But there is still a TON of talent at key positions. The best talent has come through transfers. Plus, EMAW has a real leader at the most important position.
Several weeks ago one of the phogtards said the talent level between KU and KSU was virtually the same. That the entire difference was coaching. Needless to say, that person just regugitates a talking point that has been repeated so often, it's taken as gospel.

Can the EMAW make it through to the MNC? Sure. But we are also just good enough to lose anywhere along the way. I'm here for the ride.

To the 'ship!

I agree recruiting is an important part of a coach's job, but that doesn't happen during the hypothetical game. Not unless one is drawing extended points of connection. Snyder might get "out-athleted" in such a game, but I doubt he's getting "out coached".

On top of that, there isn't a "level playing field" in recruiting. Some schools have built in advantages other schools won't, most prominently, location. A school also can't "invent" a tradition/history. That's why certain schools will always be at the top of the pecking order, and others are flash in the pans. State population and the number of Division1 athletes (also regionally), is another huge factor.

So, the simple fact Saban recruits better than Snyder isn't all from a level opportunity in the recruiting game. Snyder and KSU are fighting an uphill battle there. That's not to say Saban doesn't have to work hard to maintain that level, he absolutely does, and should be commended for it.

LoneWolf
10-21-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm from Louisiana. An LSU fan. Yes, I'm terribly jealous of all of those NC's that K-State has claimed.

Oh shit wait a minute........

Not really. Snyder never got there before, has kind of been the Marty of college football.

They certainly could get there, but K-State would get slaughtered by the three SEC teams I mentioned. More than likely it's going to be Oregon and Bama.

Decade of dominance.........you can't make that shit up.

Wouldn't Les Miles then be the George Siefert of college football? He took Saban's last two recruiting classes to his only National Championship and is pretty much known as a stupid motherfucker by everyone that isn't an LSU fan.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2012, 04:04 PM

Someone carried this thread out of an aids forest in a bucket.

mnchiefsguy
10-21-2012, 04:11 PM
I picked Bama simply because they are on a whole plain in college football right now. Not sure anyone is even close.

I do think K-State would give them a helluva run though, and it would a good, watchable matchup....Bama would win, but they would have to show up and play sharp.

Alabama wins this game probably 8 times out of 10.

Chocolate Hog
10-21-2012, 04:17 PM
I think they can only do so much.

I mean, who would choose Manhattan over Austin?

There's a lot of schools that are in towns like Manhattan and still recruit well.

MotherfuckerJones
10-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Bama blows KSTATE out. Wins 10 of 10 times

JASONSAUTO
10-21-2012, 04:23 PM
I think Alabama wins 7 of 10 match UPS
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP
10-21-2012, 04:24 PM

LSU got dominated by Florida much more than the final score shows. Florida held LSU to 42 yards rushing (1.7 ypc) and put up 176 yds on the ground. Florida had the ball 15 more minutes than LSU, had 22 first downs to LSU's 8, ran 25 straight running plays to close out the game, and shut LSU out in the 2nd half. LSU got destroyed by Florida. Florida didn't even attempt a pass in the 4th qtr.

tredadda
10-21-2012, 04:26 PM
KSU's advantage over teams that are more talented than them is coaching. I am no KSU fan, but I respect Snyder. Against most teams that superior coaching works in KSU's favor. Problem is Alabama is equally well coached and are CLEARLY more talented from top to bottom. Bama wins and it would not even be close.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
LSU got dominated by Florida much more than the final score shows. Florida held LSU to 42 yards rushing (1.7 ypc) and put up 176 yds on the ground. Florida had the ball 15 more minutes than LSU, had 22 first downs to LSU's 8, ran 25 straight running plays to close out the game, and shut LSU out in the 2nd half. LSU got destroyed by Florida. Florida didn't even attempt a pass in the 4th qtr.

They also got mostly handled but A&M. Four stupid unforced turnovers and A&M was still right in it.

mr. tegu
10-21-2012, 05:20 PM

Again, when K-State wins shit LET ME KNOW. Until then, get your shine box and shut the **** up.

As far as LSU not being in the thick of things.......uhhhh there's a lot of football to be played. A LOT. LSU is in the thick of this just as much as anyone. If they beat Bama in 2 weeks, then what?

You really can't understand that this season has yet to be played and has nothing to do with past seasons. And as far as winning something this season, K-State had better wins than Alabama thus far. I want people to see this Alabama doesn't have to play Georgia, Florida, or South Carolina in the regular season this year. Cupcake schedule.

Wait so an undefeated team has no chance at a championship appearance but LSU with one loss is in the thick of it? Haha. LSU, the 8th ranked offense in the SEC will not beat out Florida, Alabama, and Georgia. LSU needs a LOT of help. K-State not so much.

And if LSU beats Alabama then we won't see this matchup you idiot. Gees. It will be Florida vs K-State/Oregon or those two vs each other depending how it plays out.

nychief
10-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Beat Texas tech first.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Twenty five years ago no one would have believed that KSU would even be in the top 10, let alone discussed as a participant in a NC game. Coach Snyder has done what no one ever thought would happen, TWICE. The second time shows that the first time was not just a fluke.

Alabama with out question has a crap load more talent than the Cats. But they are still just as human and just as capable of losing as any other team. Snyder has a team at this moment in time that has completely bought into his plan. They believe in not only it but, the man himself. In so doing they are reaching beyond what they thought were their limits and finding new heights that can be achieved. That makes them a very dangerous team. I don't know. What I do know is that it is stupid to automatically dismiss a man who has achieved the improbable, not once but, twice.

Doubt if you want, I will wait to see how it (hopefully) plays out on the field.

nychief
10-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Twenty five years ago no one would have believed that KSU would even be in the top 10, let alone discussed as a participant in a NC game. Coach Snyder has done what no one ever thought would happen, TWICE. The second time shows that the first time was not just a fluke.

Alabama with out question has a crap load more talent than the Cats. But they are still just as human and just as capable of losing as any other team. Snyder has a team at this moment in time that has completely bought into his plan. They believe in not only it but, the man himself. In so doing they are reaching beyond what they thought were their limits and finding new heights that can be achieved. That makes them a very dangerous team. I don't know. What I do know is that it is stupid to automatically dismiss a man who has achieved the improbable, not once but, twice.

Doubt if you want, I will wait to see how it (hopefully) plays out on the field.

Bob fresco is that you?

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Bob fresco is that you?

Not so much.

nychief
10-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Snyder has done yeoman's work in manhattan, that program is a tire fire under anybody else... But it's premature to talk about kstate in a national championship game... It's oct.

KevB
10-21-2012, 05:37 PM
@KirkHerbstreit: 1. Bama 2. KST 3. UF 4. Oregon

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Alabama would absolutely decimate K-State.

DaKCMan AP
10-21-2012, 06:50 PM
BCS
1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. K-State
4. Oregon
5. Notre Dame
6. LSU
7. Oregon State
8. Oklahoma
9. USC
10. Georgia

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM

Destroyed. Lost by a single possession. Fucking idiot. Kill yourself.

DaKCMan AP
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Destroyed. Lost by a single possession. Fucking idiot. Kill yourself.

ROFL

I see you lack reading comprehension. Not surprising from a LSU fan.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 07:11 PM
ROFL

I know, all of those NC's must cloud my thinking.

Again, when you're a single possession away from tying a game in the 4th quarter you didn't get "destroyed". That's beyond stupid. I wouldn't expect knowing any better from a god damn K-State fan.

NewChief
10-21-2012, 07:13 PM

Again, when you're a single possession away from tying a game in the 4th quarter you didn't get "destroyed". That's beyond stupid. I wouldn't expect knowing any better from a god damn K-State fan.

He's a Florida fan.

DaKCMan AP
10-21-2012, 07:14 PM

1. Florida has as many NC's as LSU.

2. Having possession 15 minutes more than your opponent, outrushing them 176-42, shutting them out in the 2nd half, and not even having to attempt a pass in the 4th quarter = domination.

3. Further proving your lack of reading comprehension and general knowledge, I'm not a K-State fan.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2012, 07:14 PM
ROFL

Now we know why he was pimping the shit out of Matt Flynn.

ChiefsCountry
10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Snyder has taken a school that should be my school's rival in the MVC and has made into a national power. That is one damn good coaching job.

DaKCMan AP
10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Now we know why he was pimping the shit out of Matt Flynn.

Yeah, even though Flynn is garbage (and always has been). I never liked Matt Flynn.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7020982#post7020982

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7944111#post7944111

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8251395#post8251395

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Snyder has taken a school that should be my school's rival in the MVC and has made into a national power. That is one damn good coaching job.

A national power.

JFC.............ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

ZERO

This is why you guys are stupid beyond comprehension. You can't have a "decade of dominance" without a single NC or be a national powerhouse because of a good season here or there. JFC........

Reerun_KC
10-21-2012, 07:33 PM
A national power.

JFC.............ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

ZERO

This is why you guys are stupid beyond comprehension. You can't have a "decade of dominance" without a single NC or be a national powerhouse because of a good season here or there. JFC........

But they have a DVD. You should get one and educate yourself.

http://store.cstv.com/store_contents.cfm?store_id=482&dept_id=17947&product_id=175258

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 07:35 PM

http://store.cstv.com/store_contents.cfm?store_id=482&dept_id=17947&product_id=175258

I know, homey. DECADE OF DOMINANCE! Dominating a decade of college football like a boss........with no national championships. That's hard to fucking do!

Superturtle
10-21-2012, 07:37 PM

Too advanced. He doesn't even know the difference between you're and your. Leapfrog is a better alternative .

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 07:39 PM
I know, homey. DECADE OF DOMINANCE! Dominating a decade of college football like a boss........with no national championships. That's hard to ****ing do!

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i60/5/8/6/frabz-So-You-Draw-phallic-Symbols-Do-tell-me-about-your-penis-envy-d432c1.jpg

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Too advanced. He doesn't even know the difference between you're and your. Leapfrog is a better alternative .

I see YOUR sarcasm meter is broken.........

Superturtle
10-21-2012, 07:51 PM
I see YOUR sarcasm meter is broken.........
Only calling it like I see it. Call it sarcasm if you want.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Only calling it like I see it. Call it sarcasm if you want.

You still missed it. /facepalm

Coach
10-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Really...

This is still going on...?

:facepalm:

boogblaster
10-21-2012, 09:16 PM
ima all for a shot at bama .. who knows anything can happen .....

Lzen
10-21-2012, 09:34 PM

To the 'ship!

That's not exactly what was said and you know it. But i wouldn't expect a person who takes a phrase (or saying or whatever the fuck Saul would like to call it) like emaw as gospel to have the intelligence to understand the difference.

Lzen
10-21-2012, 09:36 PM
You know what's funny about this whole thing is that a couple KSU fans are acting exactly like what they say they hate about KU basketball fans. I don't have anything against KSU except for the few who start acting like douches when their team is winning. Which will make it fun watching them fail yet again.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 09:37 PM
You know what's funny about this whole thing is that a couple KSU fans are acting exactly like what they say they hate about KU basketball fans. I don't have anything against KSU except for the few who start acting like douches when their team is winning. Which will make it fun watching them fail yet again.

All this........I know KU, MU, and K-State fans. And of those, ONLY K-State fans act like king shit after k-state wins a few games.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I would like to see K-State win, but I don't think they would have a chance.

TheGuardian
10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
I would rather someone throw a javelin into my taint than see k-state win a NC. The fans are bad enough without one.

BCD
10-21-2012, 10:16 PM
I would rather someone throw a javelin into my taint than see k-state win a NC. The fans are bad enough without one.

:spock:

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 10:29 PM
All this........I know KU, MU, and K-State fans. And of those, ONLY K-State fans act like king shit after k-state wins a few games.

Clearly, you don't know KU fans.

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 10:31 PM

I see no comparison. :shrug:

Raiderhader
10-21-2012, 10:35 PM

LMAO I spent the past 9 years down in east Texas. Close enough to Tiger country that I had PLENTY of encounters with LSU fans. For one of them to be complaining about obnoxious fans is quite ridiculous and hypocritical.

So in other other words, kindly go f#ck yourself with said javelin.

kcchiefsus
10-22-2012, 12:01 AM

K-State won't beat themselves, but Bama might? Sure thing.

RustShack
10-22-2012, 01:43 AM
This is a thread because Iowa State didn't have their starting RB.

BryanBusby
10-22-2012, 01:45 AM
What a weird thread this is.

Alabama would shut down the option quickly and proceed to rape k-state. Snyder is a glorious football wizard and all, but he and Klein aren't going to do anything special that Saban hasn't already dealt with when going against Tim Tebow/Urban Meyer.

Raiderhader
10-22-2012, 01:58 AM

Alabama would shut down the option quickly and proceed to rape k-state. Snyder is a glorious football wizard and all, but he and Klein aren't going to do anything special that Saban hasn't already dealt with when going against Tim Tebow/Urban Meyer.

Didn't Tebow/Meyer go on to win a couple of NCs?

Not sure that point helps your argument any.

mr. tegu
10-22-2012, 05:43 AM

Don't under estimate the K-state defense. It would be a close low scoring game. Probably a one possession game until about 5-10 minutes left and Bama finally pulls away.

Saulbadguy
10-22-2012, 05:47 AM
This is a thread because Iowa State didn't have their starting RB.

HOLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA

TheGuardian
10-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Don't under estimate the K-state defense. It would be a close low scoring game. Probably a one possession game until about 5-10 minutes left and Bama finally pulls away.

JFC............

mr. tegu
10-22-2012, 07:37 AM
JFC............

You have done nothing in this thread except rely on past accolades of Alabama and complain about K-state fans. You have said absolutely nothing to refute any legitimate point. You have been routinely made a fool of. "K-state and fancy offense" in the same sentence comes to mind. Or when I asked you to refute what I said when you said "it was weak sauce" and you promptly ignored it. The win something first argument you have continually used has nothing to do with this season at all.

Probably my favorite of your idiotic takes is that LSU is right in the thick of the NC game hunt but K-state has no shot even though K-state is undefeated and has played their two toughest games (@ OU and @ WVU) and basically controls their own destiny while LSU has to beat out Alabama and Mississipi St in the west and then the SEC East winner and then still hope to be ahead of all those teams as well as Oregon, ND, and K-state. Why you keep coming back I don't know.

ChiTown
10-22-2012, 07:57 AM
LOL, there is some professional sized butt-hurt exuding from this thread.

ndws
10-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Cross burning aggy? We have an elephant for a mascot for no GD reason aggy?

My guess is because a Crimson Tide bloody pad was deemed inappropriate, even in Alabama. So the next best way to honor their ladies there was to use an elephant.

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Adam Davis - 6'0", 255
Vaikalafi Lutui - 6'2", 280
John Sua - 6'0", 290
Meshak Williams - 6'3", 245

That D-Line would get pushed around and abused by Alabama or Florida's O-Line.

The SEC continues to win because their elite teams control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

duncan_idaho
10-22-2012, 08:15 AM
THis would be an interesting title matchup if for no reason other than they both execute so well. I don't know that we've ever seen a title game where both participants are so efficient from that standpoint (Not one I can think of).

I'd take Alabama by 10-14.

Snyder is a genius - top 5 coach of all time, and I'm sure he'd have won at least 3 national titles if at a school with more natural advantages - and his defense is very, very sound. But Alabama's front is SO good. Huge, athletic and consistent. Back that up with overwhelming talent, and they're going to be successful against even a good defense. Bama will execute enough to stress KSU's incredibly solid and smart but not overwhelmingly athletic defense. McCarron is a perfect fit for that system, too. He just isn't going to make mistakes or help the defense.

On defense, Alabama plays a lot like KSU. Incredibly sound. They just don't make mistakes. The difference comes in, IMO, at LB - where Alabama has 3-4 Arthur Browns on the roster and in the secondary.

That's been the biggest difference, IMO, in what I see from SEC teams this year. The level of athlete in the secondary is just higher across the board than in the Big 12.

I think Alabama would be able to make KSU one-dimensional (shutting down the run with the front 6/7), and I don't know that Klein has the arm or accuracy to throw consistently against the sticky-tight coverage Alabama will throw out there.

Klein has made BIG strides there, especially from what I saw in my last trip to Manhattan, ever, but the release is still a little slow, and most of what I've seen him doing this year involves throwing to guys who have at least 3-5 yards of separation.

Saulbadguy
10-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Adam Davis - 6'0", 255
John Sua - 6'0", 290

The SEC continues to win because their elite teams control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Yeah, Oklahoma really dominated those guys. :rolleyes:

You can't tell me Alabama or Florida has that much more talent than Oklahoma.

mr. tegu
10-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Adam Davis - 6'0", 255
John Sua - 6'0", 290

No doubt either of those teams wins the game. I just don't see it being a blowout by any means. It will be one of those games where the game was closer than the score indicates.

The funny thing is that I am not even a fan of K-State or a non fan of Alabama. I am just being objective. Something most people in this thread are not capable of. (not referring to you specifically DaKCMan).

Reerun_KC
10-22-2012, 08:18 AM

ROFL

Oklahoma?

ROFL

Saulbadguy
10-22-2012, 08:20 AM
ROFL

Oklahoma?

ROFL

OU is always loaded with talent.

Their problems the last few years haven't been talent related. (except perhaps at the QB position...)

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2012, 08:21 AM

In the trenches, yes, they do.

ChiTown
10-22-2012, 08:23 AM
ROFL

Oklahoma?

ROFL

Not sure why this is funny? OU sends a lot of guys from their OL to the NFL.

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Not sure why this is funny? OU sends a lot of guys from their OL to the NFL.

They do, but the biggest advantage the SEC teams have over other conferences are dominant offensive and defensive lines. Last time Florida played Oklahoma they outrushed them 249yds (5.4ypc) to 107yds (3.7ypc). They held an Oklahoma team averaging 54 ppg to 14 pts.

ChiTown
10-22-2012, 08:57 AM
They do, but the biggest advantage the SEC teams have over other conferences are dominant offensive and defensive lines. Last time Florida played Oklahoma they outrushed them 249yds (5.4ypc) to 107yds (3.7ypc). They held an Oklahoma team averaging 54 ppg to 14 pts.

No argument on the DL. The SEC dominates that category like no other.

mr. tegu
10-22-2012, 09:06 AM
No argument on the DL. The SEC dominates that category like no other.

Not the NFL though :mad:

Lzen
10-22-2012, 09:22 AM
I see no comparison. :shrug:

I know it's hard for you to see since you are a KSU fan, but they are around. Jamie, you are one of the good ones, IMO. So for your sake and the ones like you, I don't wish anything bad for your team. But there are those that are just as bad as the so called "arrogant" KU fans that our rivals always complain about. And the only thing they deserve is failure.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-22-2012, 09:39 AM

I would chip in on that javelin.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-22-2012, 09:43 AM
I would chip in on that javelin.

LMAO

"Javelin Discount Superstore" FTW.

BigCatDaddy
10-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Had to pick Bama, but it would be interesting to see when given enough time to prepare if Snyder can pull off the big upset.

Raiderhader
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
I know it's hard for you to see since you are a KSU fan, but they are around. Jamie, you are one of the good ones, IMO. So for your sake and the ones like you, I don't wish anything bad for your team. But there are those that are just as bad as the so called "arrogant" KU fans that our rivals always complain about. And the only thing they deserve is failure.

Hell every fan base has that contingent. The question becomes what percentage of the fan base is made up of that contingent? That is how I judge a teams fans.

TheGuardian
10-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Hell every fan base has that contingent. The question becomes what percentage of the fan base is made up of that contingent? That is how I judge a teams fans.

From where I've sat? 99% of em. K-State fans are the worst I've ever been around.

The gap difference in talent level from K-State to Bama is so big no amount of coaching can make up the difference. It wouldn't even be a game after the first quarter.

OU has played SEC teams.......and lost badly. So I'm not sure why the OU comparison keeps coming up.

As someone noted, the big difference is in the trenches where the SEC just owns. K-State would have no chance.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-22-2012, 09:59 AM
So, Guradian...how ya' diggin' Pioli/Casshole these days?

And yes, Snatchez has become FAIL, thanks.

Saulbadguy
10-22-2012, 09:59 AM
From where I've sat? 99% of em. K-State fans are the worst I've ever been around.

The gap difference in talent level from K-State to Bama is so big no amount of coaching can make up the difference. It wouldn't even be a game after the first quarter.

OU has played SEC teams.......and lost badly. So I'm not sure why the OU comparison keeps coming up.

As someone noted, the big difference is in the trenches where the SEC just owns. K-State would have no chance.

Are you just some random, t-shirt LSU fan? Get bent, dipshit. I bet you smell like rotten mayonnaise.

TheGuardian
10-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Are you just some random, t-shirt LSU fan? Get bent, dipshit. I bet you smell like rotten mayonnaise.

Well that's a strong case made for K-State right there.

ChiTown
10-22-2012, 10:20 AM

:rolleyes:

Whatever you say, T-Shirt fan......

duncan_idaho
10-22-2012, 10:22 AM

I don't think OU's OL is quite to its usual standard this season, due to injuries and a few key guys retiring or walking away from the program. It certainly isn't as good as when Fat Phil Loadholt was there.

I'd say there's a big gap between Alabama's OL and ... well, everyone's, honestly. Also, what Alabama does on offense is much more about the OL than a team like OU (that's running basically spread offense concepts and trying to throw the ball around and use quick skill guys).

Alabama is pretty classic ground and pound. That type of approach is going to be a little more successful, usually, against a smaller DL than a team that throws it a ton.

Oklahoma threw the ball 43 times against KSU and ran it 27. If Bama runs 70 plays against KSU, I'd expect it to be something like 45 runs and 25 passing plays.

Raiderhader
10-22-2012, 10:24 AM

As I said, coming from an LSU fan that is highly hypocritical. Hell, do you even realize just how obnoxious and annoying you have been yourself in this very thread?

Pot meet kettle.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-22-2012, 10:26 AM
As I said, coming from an LSU fan that is highly hypocritical. Hell, do you even realize just how obnoxious and annoying you have been yourself in this very thread?

Pot meet kettle.

ROFL

TheGuardian
10-22-2012, 10:55 AM

Hey man, tell me again.....what's this thread about?

Yeah this thread had no business even being made.

Raiderhader
10-22-2012, 10:59 AM

I don't see why not. It is a legitimate question considering there is a real possibility that the game occurs.

Dante84
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM

As an LSU fan, are you pretty pumped up for the Holiday Insight Bowl this year? Tickets booked and bags packed, I'd imagine. SEC travels well.

Saulbadguy
10-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Rohan Davey was an insanely overrated piece of shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-22-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm pumped up for some more questionable LSU draft picks!!!!

mr. tegu
10-22-2012, 11:09 AM

The real piece of this thread that has no business is your pathetic attempts to bring LSU into the discussion about a national title game because we know they won't be in the game. K-state has a distinct possibility still of making it there.

LiveSteam
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Im going with Kittens. Saban has always struggled to shut down exstreamly good option offenses & Bamma is going up against 1 of the best ever at it in Snyder. Have fun prepping for that Tide
I think this match up for the Crystal ball is going to happen to. Its the game I wanna see.

TheGuardian
10-22-2012, 11:17 AM
The real piece of this thread that has no business is your pathetic attempts to bring LSU into the discussion about a national title game because we know they won't be in the game. K-state has a distinct possibility still of making it there.

Not really. There's a lot of football to be played still. We're not even into November and K-State fans are talking about playing in the NC game.....LMAO

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Not really. There's a lot of football to be played still. We're not even into November and K-State fans are talking about playing in the NC game.....LMAO

In their defense, the Big XII doesn't have a conference championship game. Everyone in the SEC just cares about the SEC Championship. We all know that if we get to Atlanta and win the SEC CG then we're guaranteed a title shot and history tells us if we win the SEC CG and get a title shot then, unless we're playing another SEC team for the title, we're taking home the Nat'l Championship.

mr. tegu
10-22-2012, 11:24 AM

LSU has a lot more work to do than K-state. Beating Alabama is tough enough then they still have Mississipi St and then the SEC East winner. And STILL they may not get in the game if there are two other undefeated schools. K-state has played their two toughest games and won. They are in the drivers seat. Whether they get there remains to be seen, but for now they control their own destiny based on the present standings. The only two other teams that can say that are Florida and Alabama.

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2012, 11:26 AM
LSU has a lot more work to do than K-state. Beating Alabama is tough enough then they still have Mississipi St and then the SEC East winner. And STILL they may not get in the game if there are two other undefeated schools. K-state has played their two toughest games and won. They are in the drivers seat. Whether they get there remains to be seen, but for now they control their own destiny based on the present standings. The only two other teams that can say that are Florida and Alabama.

Wrong. KSU needs Oregon to lose. Oregon still has to play Stanford, USC, and Oregon St. plus a potential Pac-12 Champ Game. If they don't lose they'll jump KSU in the BCS standings.

TheGuardian
10-22-2012, 11:29 AM
In their defense, the Big XII doesn't have a conference championship game. Everyone in the SEC just cares about the SEC Championship. We all know that if we get to Atlanta and win the SEC CG then we're guaranteed a title shot and history tells us if we win the SEC CG and get a title shot then, unless we're playing another SEC team for the title, we're taking home the Nat'l Championship.

Yup. Which is why I don't understand K-State fans talking about the NC game. Whoever wins the SEC CG is going to be in the NC game.....and K-State has no shot at beating whoever comes out of the SEC. None. Zero. The gap in talent level is too big.

Also, Oregon is being left out of this. And if they run the table they will get the nod over K-State more than likely.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-22-2012, 11:30 AM

Kind of like when certain folks said Casshole and Pioli would be great for KC...

TheGuardian
10-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Kind of like when certain folks said Casshole and Pioli would be great for KC...

I think a lot of people thought that Pioli would be great where ever he went. Dipshit.