PDA

View Full Version : Football Really Cam Newton

ChiefsandO'sfan
10-21-2012, 06:24 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/10/21/cam-newton-press-conference-panthers-cowboys/

“The past couple of games have been the same script, by the same director,” Newton said. “It’s kind of getting boring.”

“This taste, this vibe — I’m not buying it, man. And I don’t know what it is, but something’s going to have to change. Something’s going to have to change real fast.”

“I’m going to bring in a suggestion box. And I want your suggestions in that suggestion box, because I sure don’t know. I really don’t,” Newton said

“We just find a way to keep the game close just to see what happens at the end,” Newton said. “I’m getting tired of it, and that’s not a formula to win. Domination is a formula to win.”

tk13
10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
I missed this. But I was in the car earlier listening to ESPN radio and they were ripping someone apart for immaturity, saying it was always one of his flaws. It had to be this.

Brock
10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Sounds like kind of a diva.

Saul Good
10-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Is he wrong?

Chiefspants
10-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Is he wrong?

lol.

ChiefsandO'sfan
10-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Is he wrong?

He could play better.

OnTheWarpath58
10-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Might help if they actually tried to run the ball.

I mean, they only spent eleventy-billion dollars on Williams, Stewart and Tolbert, and they get around 15 combined carries a week.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 06:29 PM
LMAO

Ryan Leaf says, "Grow up, kid"

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Hes not saying hes bored of football, hes saying he is bored of losing. God forbid a qb should go against the patriot way and give an interesting take.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Is he wrong?

Doesn't matter.

He's a 2nd yr QB.

He just needs to play.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Hes not saying hes bored of football, hes saying he is bored of losing. God forbid a qb should go against the patriot way and give an interesting take.

:spock:

notorious
10-21-2012, 06:33 PM
He could play better.

I don't like him, but they put him in horrible situations.

Carolina plays Herm Ball.

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 06:35 PM
i dont know, i dont want to say he has a point but that team the last two seasons spent so much money they are at the salary cap. They gave 1000000 billion to one DE and a bunch of LBers and they paid a shitload for 45 RBs that cant do anything.

For all the money that team has spent they are ****ing terrible. Those contracts their owner gave out were awful.

they have a better QB than the Chiefs but their positional talent is more overrated and overpaid than the Chiefs by far. Cam is the only thing keeping that team in games or they would be the worst in the league.

KCrockaholic
10-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Diva quarterback. But he's not completely inaccurate. But a true leader takes care of this inside the locker room and in the coaches office.

Brock
They do need a new coaching staff.

GloryDayz
At least he didn't throw his team's fans under the bus!

Marcellus
10-21-2012, 06:38 PM
I saw the interview. Didn't sound that bad to me.

Bewbies
10-21-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm with him on wanting to dominate. Forget trying to keep the game close, the game plan should be to break the other teams will. To dominate, to destroy them.

jspchief
10-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Might help if they actually tried to run the ball.

I mean, they only spent eleventy-billion dollars on Williams, Stewart and Tolbert, and they get around 15 combined carries a week.

21 rushes today, 6 coming from Newton. And its not like they fell behind and had to abandon the run.

Fruit Ninja
Diva quarterback. But he's not completely inaccurate. But a true leader takes care of this inside the locker room and in the coaches office.

lol, he's doing what the SaveourChiefs are doing. I kinda like that. He doesnt need the fans to finally get tired of crap. He's tired of it.

BigMeatballDave
This is probably correct.

And what he is saying may be spot on.

He just shouldn't be saying it.

He has more INTs than TDs.

MotherfuckerJones
This was the knock on him. And its coming to fruition. I didnt watch the game so IDK what his deal is but his play is falling off badly

tk13
10-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah, but it's not like he's playing lights out either. He's not having a good year. We're supposed to be in the modern NFL where the QB is everything, yet people make excuses for his poor play. The guy's a #1 overall pick.

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 06:41 PM
hes forcing a lot of passes. They are the opposite of the Chiefs basically. Teams key on run game because Cassel stinks and they key on the Panthers pass game because the HBs are terrible

Bump
10-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I haven't watched their play calling. But you would think they would let Cam do his thing since it was pretty good last year.

KCUnited
10-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Guys an emotional meltdown waiting to happen.

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 06:43 PM

Its no different then a coach saying were searching for answers.

If brady had said this no one would blink.

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 06:44 PM
you didnt hear any of this last year when they were losing every game and he was padding his individual stats getting his. He didnt care if they lost last year because he would throw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, so he was able to get his brand out there.

Now that hes throwing for 200 yards and 1 touchdown and 2 picks a game, and its effecting his individual stat lines, while still losing he's going to blame the playcalling/team

i dont think he cares about winning or losing I think he cares about doing either in style or that term "swag" people throw around

FringeNC
Having the "intangibles" is necessary (but not sufficient - as we have seen with Cassel) to be a great NFL QB. How can you guys watch this and think Newton has those intangibles? I was embarrassed for the guy.

Sorter
I was an early advocate for Chud, but this is maddening to me.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 06:45 PM
If brady had said this no one would blink.

Um, Duh.

Last I checked, Cam didn't have 3 rings.

RunKC
I saw the game today and was shocked that they didn't use the running game. It's like they want Cam to win every game with his arm. Someone tell the coach they have 2 first round RB's who are ballers.

Ace Gunner
Haley. He fucked them up too.

Start Croyle
10-21-2012, 06:48 PM
This could be the first rumblings of a major QB shakeup! It is an opportunity for the Chiefs to finally acquire a franchise QB!

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Um, Duh.

Last I checked, Cam didn't have 3 rings.

What a double standard. youre are essentially saying that what he said isnt wrong its cause its Cam. People seeking headlines, wat a joke. I would hate to have a qb that hated to lose :rolleyes:

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Hes angry at losing! What a fucking crime...

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 06:53 PM
What a double standard. youre are essentially saying that what he said isnt wrong its cause its Cam. People seeking headlines, wat a joke. I would hate to have a qb that hated to lose :rolleyes:

I didn't say what he said was wrong, I just said he shouldn't be saying it.

He's still wet behind the ears.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Hes angry at losing! What a fucking crime...
He is also part of the problem.

His QB rating is only 79.

5 TDs 6INTs

Chiefs Pantalones
10-21-2012, 06:54 PM
you didnt hear any of this last year when they were losing every game and he was padding his individual stats getting his. He didnt care if they lost last year because he would throw for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, so he was able to get his brand out there.

Now that hes throwing for 200 yards and 1 touchdown and 2 picks a game, and its effecting his individual stat lines, while still losing he's going to blame the playcalling/team

i dont think he cares about winning or losing I think he cares about doing either in style or that term "swag" people throw around

This. He's always been this way. Dude loves him some him.

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 06:58 PM
He is also part of the problem.

His QB rating is only 79.

5 TDs 6INTs

Yep hes being asked to win the game for them with zero help. His coach refuses to run the ball and the surrounding talent is pretty average.

Would you like him to be content with losing?

mcaj22
10-21-2012, 06:59 PM
i wonder what they will give us for Bowe

lol

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Yep hes being asked to win the game for them with zero help. His coach refuses to run the ball and the surrounding talent is pretty average.

Would you like him to be content with losing?

Here,http://www.parkquarters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Park-Quarter-Obverse-Design-199x200.jpgbuy a clue.

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Here,http://www.parkquarters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Park-Quarter-Obverse-Design-199x200.jpgbuy a clue.

Fuck off. Enjoy the patriot way you dumbass. Way to argue ur point.

SDKCCHIEFS
10-21-2012, 07:05 PM
cam newton is a beast.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 07:05 PM
cam newton is a beast.

Not this season.

CaliforniaChief
10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
The kid's got a lot of talent.

He also has a long record of character issues. Stupid comments are to be expected.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Enjoy the patriot way:spock:

Again, buy a clue.

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 07:08 PM

Again, buy a clue.

Eat shit. Its pretty clear you dont even watch the games. Oh noes Cam said hes unhappy! I didnt like him before the draft so nows my chance to have a dig!! You deserve years of pioli

chiefzilla1501
10-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Well... he's won every stage of his career. Not used to people criticizing him as a player.

But nobody should be surprised when he does or says something stupid. Just as people shouldn't act surprised about the way Dez Bryant has turned out.

Will be interesting to see how Cam handles this. I think he's too cocky not to be motivated to turn this thing around.

tk13
10-21-2012, 07:11 PM
This has nothing to do with the Patriot Way. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees wouldn't throw their team under the bus. They'd take responsibility for their poor play and being a part of the problem. Heck even when he wasn't the problem, Trent Green would take the blame for the Chiefs' defense.

CoMoChief
10-21-2012, 07:11 PM

thats a myth

KCrockaholic
10-21-2012, 07:12 PM
This is better than stealing laptops at least.

Saul Good
Doesn't matter.

He's a 2nd yr QB.

He just needs to play.

Dude should just shut up. NFL QBs aren't qualified to second guess the direction of a football team. Only fat, bald guys with goatees who work in IT and post on the Internet have earned that right.

KCrockaholic
thats a myth

It's an opinion.

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 07:13 PM
This has nothing to do with the Patriot Way. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees wouldn't throw their team under the bus. They'd take responsibility for their poor play and being a part of the problem. Heck even when he wasn't the problem, Trent Green would take the blame for the Chiefs' defense.

Where in the op has he thrown his team under the bus??

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Eat shit. Its pretty clear you dont even watch the games. Oh noes Cam said hes unhappy! I didnt like him before the draft so nows my chance to have a dig!! You deserve years of pioli

ROFL

U MAD BRO

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 07:15 PM

:clap:

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Where in the op has he thrown his team under the bus??

LOL

:facepalm:

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 07:17 PM
ROFL

U MAD BRO

Stupidity annoys me. Ignorance makes me mad. Congrats u have truck loads of both

NewChief
10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
1) I don't like Cam.
2) These quotes sound way worse when read than they sound when delivered live.
3) The main one that's really bad is "the same script by the same director" because it sounds like he's calling out his coach, which is always a bad idea. I don't think he's actually calling out his coach, I just think that he phrased it in a poor way.

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 07:19 PM
LOL

:facepalm:

Why dont you give the emoticons a rest and show me where he does? Ahh cause u cant LMAO

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Stupidity annoys me. Ignorance makes me mad. Congrats u have truck loads of bothROFL

So, you annoy the shit out of yourself?

Inmem58
10-21-2012, 07:20 PM
I just slapped his sorry ass on the trading block. Fuck this waste of talent

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 07:21 PM
ROFL

So, you annoy the shit out of yourself?

My god. i had no idea u were 12. We can argue when you grow up.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 07:24 PM
My god. i had no idea u were 12. We can argue when you grow up.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2cd_I-8rrZauDLA4HZ3W7ijNzsCqKM9uz6brcPgW7d8QbCBO8

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 07:25 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2cd_I-8rrZauDLA4HZ3W7ijNzsCqKM9uz6brcPgW7d8QbCBO8

Thats going straight on the fridge. good job good effort

Deberg_1990
10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
I hate the guys demeanor. He scores a TD and celebrates when his team is down by 20, then sulks on the sidelines when things go south.

Didn't watch him in college, has he always been that way?

Johnny Vegas
10-21-2012, 07:29 PM
hard for a 23 year old to control their emotions.

jspchief
10-21-2012, 07:29 PM
24th in the league in rushing attempts per game, and that's with him averaging nearly 8 carries.

They are probably last in the league in rushing attempts by RBs per game.

Wonder if they'd take Hillis in trade for Tolbert.

BossChief
10-21-2012, 07:41 PM
This has nothing to do with the Patriot Way. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees wouldn't throw their team under the bus. They'd take responsibility for their poor play and being a part of the problem. Heck even when he wasn't the problem, Trent Green would take the blame for the Chiefs' defense.A true leader deflects praise to his teammates and accepts full responsibility for the teams failures...regardless of who is truly at fault.

I just slapped his sorry ass on the trading block. Fuck this waste of talent
That is gonna come back to bite you in the ass, just watch.

The worst part of the Cam interview was his mannerisms and body language.

His head was always down and he was talking like Eeyore from Winnie the pooh.

Regardless, I think the kid will get things figured out and find that fire.

BigMeatballDave
10-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Wonder if they'd take Hillis in trade for Tolbert.

I don't want anything that might give us a win this season.

NewChief
10-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Didn't watch him in college, has he always been that way?

Yes. Absolutely.

the Talking Can
10-21-2012, 08:05 PM
as already said, the QBs job is to accept blame and share praise...

whatever the real issues are, everyone already knows...no need for a pity party...you'd hope he'll grow out of it

FAX
10-21-2012, 08:09 PM
A true leader demonstrates humility as he takes responsibility for wins while deflecting all blame onto others - especially his teammates (or, if possible, the coaching staff) - and grades out perfectly at all times and regardless of the final score.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
10-21-2012, 08:45 PM
At least he didn't say he graded out perfectly.

stevieray
10-21-2012, 08:54 PM
"I'm bigger than the game"

/ESPN

DaneMcCloud
10-21-2012, 09:03 PM

Say NO to Chudzinski.

Sorry, Billay.

Dave Lane
10-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Is he wrong?

No he's black

/vailpass

RunKC
10-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Am I missing something? He said "we need to get better, myself included."

Chiefs=Good
10-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Am I missing something? He said "we need to get better, myself included."

THIS X 10000000

Dylan
10-21-2012, 11:54 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20121021-moorecol_1022spo001.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/moorecol_1022spo001.JPG
Dallas Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne (24) makes an interception in the end zone on
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton (1) as Dallas Cowboys inside linebacker Bruce Carter (54) watches.

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton:
“The past couple of games have been the same script, by the same director,” Newton said.

Cam Newton's comments, will be open to interpretation that he is calling for a coaching change.

“I’m going to bring in a suggestion box. And I want your suggestions in that suggestion box, because I sure don’t know. I really don’t,” Newton said.

It sounds like the second year time bomb is ticking away and he warned the media to bring a suggestion box because he's out of answers on how to turn things around.

"We got to take the officials out of the game." Newton said.

Cam Newton needs to transition to a pro-style offense. Defenses figured out quick his college offense.

Despite the pretty numbers Carolina quarterback Cam Newton attained as a rookie last season, he never generated a signature late fourth-quarter drive.

If you’re confused as to where Newton was trying to go with this press conference, you’re not alone. Newton’s reply was concise.

“I’m not the playcaller.” he said after flailing his arms a bit. “I’m speaking for [Offensive Coordinator Mike Chudzinski] but you’ve to to have a balanced offense. The running game hasn’t been as exciting as we want it to be but you still have got to call those plays.”

“It’s getting boring, something needs to change,” said Newton.

Sounds like Newton is calling out his teammates. When in fact, you have another loss in a season that has been full of turnovers by Newton in the end zone.

Source: NFL.com, Charlotte Observer, Dallas News.

Dylan
10-22-2012, 12:32 AM
If RGIII' your guy, thought you might enjoy this article, to be published online - NY Post.

Excerpt: The Giants praise Robert Griffin III

“That guy is flat out unbelievable,” Umenyiora said after the Giants survived their first test of the season against the Redskins and Griffin. “He’s the best quarterback we’ve played all year for sure,” Umenyiora said. “It’s unfortunate he’s a rookie because he’s going to be around here forever doing stuff like that and that’s just crazy.”

He kept the Giants guessing and off-balance throughout the game, faking handoffs, escaping pressure, making big throws and long runs. His signature moment came with 2:07 left in the fourth quarter when on fourth-and-10, he escaped the rush of Jason Pierre-Paul and then Umenyiora before completing a 19-yard pass to tight end Logan Paulsen. It extended the drive that led to the go-ahead touchdown pass to Moss.

“It’s hard to game-plan for that guy,” Tuck said. “He takes away your enthusiasm for the game a little bit when you play a play perfect and you still have a guy with 4.3 speed who make plays.”

It looked like a dominant game by the Giants defense. They collected three sacks, including the first of the season by Tuck. They forced four turnovers, including three fumble recoveries. The last one came with 39 seconds left when linebacker Chase Blackburn stripped Santana Moss from the ball and cornerback Jayron Hosley recovered.

Working out of the spread option-offense, Griffin was a menace and a marvel. He completed 20 of 28 passes for 258 yards and two touchdowns. He also ran nine times for 89 yards, including a 28-yard gain. His 30-yard TD pass to Moss with 1:32 was a perfect over-the-shoulder throw that gave the Redskins a 23-20 lead and hushed MetLife Stadium.

He kept the Giants guessing and off-balance throughout the game, faking handoffs, escaping pressure, making big throws and long runs. His signature moment came with 2:07 left in the fourth quarter when on fourth-and-10, he escaped the rush of Jason Pierre-Paul and then Umenyiora before completing a 19-yard pass to tight end Logan Paulsen. It extended the drive that led to the go-ahead touchdown pass to Moss.

“It’s hard to game-plan for that guy,” Tuck said. “He takes away your enthusiasm for the game a little bit when you play a play perfect and you still have a guy with 4.3 speed who make plays.”

But the Giants’ defense made its share of plays, too. Pierre-Paul forced a fourth-quarter fumble by Griffin that was recovered by Linval Joseph, and Blackburn sealed the game by taking it away from Moss.

“You wrap and rip,” Blackburn said. “When you feel the ball you have to go after it.”

That’s the only way the Giants were going to beat the Redskins yesterday. Wrap and rip.

“They force you to dig down in and make some plays,” said Giants coach Tom Coughlin.

The Giants’ coaching staff made several defensive adjustments in the second half, altering the way they attacked if given certain looks. It was as much a mental game as it was physical.

Perhaps the more the Giants see Griffin and the Redskins offense the better they’ll be able to defend it. But that might be wishful thinking.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/rg_for_all_rEnn9mquDqzDKmE8Xx71hP?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Giants

rabblerouser
10-22-2012, 05:44 AM
hard for a 23 year old to control their emotions.

Um...no, at 23 a person is generally regarded to have enough cognitive ability to be legaglly considered an adult.

My dad taught to watch my mouth pretty early on. Well before age 23.

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 06:36 AM
We need a leader and he should be a good example of what we don't want. He was a dickhead in that press conference and didn't represent the Panthers well. He called a female reporter "sweetheart" in a condescending manner. Admitting mistakes and taking ownership is great as long as there is change.

theelusiveeightrop
10-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Contrary to what we thought of Cam at Auburn, money is not a motivating factor to play well. Go figure.

Molitoth
10-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Everyone blast Cam Newton for wanting to win...

good job.

loochy
10-22-2012, 07:24 AM
We need a leader and he should be a good example of what we don't want. He was a dickhead in that press conference and didn't represent the Panthers well. He called a female reporter "sweetheart" in a condescending manner. Admitting mistakes and taking ownership is great as long as there is change.

Yeah! We need a leader like....CASTLE

Moron. :shake:

BoneKrusher
10-22-2012, 07:30 AM
sounds like to me the Panthers have a Coaching staff nearly as good as the Chiefs.

htismaqe
10-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Everyone blast Cam Newton for wanting to win...

good job.

No shit.

I hope he didn't point to the back of his jersey too!

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 08:06 AM
No shit.

I hope he didn't point to the back of his jersey too!

No but, he did do his superman pose in garbage time when they were getting their ass kicked a couple of weeks ago. He caught a ton of heat for that. The city is turning on him.

htismaqe
10-22-2012, 08:15 AM
No but, he did do his superman pose in garbage time when they were getting their ass kicked a couple of weeks ago. He caught a ton of heat for that. The city is turning on him.

So Charlotte is full of stupid fans just like KC?

Brock
10-22-2012, 09:21 AM

You're everything that's wrong with Chiefs fans.

Johnny Vegas
10-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Um...no, at 23 a person is generally regarded to have enough cognitive ability to be legaglly considered an adult.

My dad taught to watch my mouth pretty early on. Well before age 23.

give me a break. Lets see you at 23 with millions of dollars playing a kids game. Too many cases where these young kids get handed millions of dollars to play a game and we expect them to mature and act like leaders when they're still a kid mentally. Players admit it so I'm just going to go with what the players admit.

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 09:27 AM
A true leader deflects praise to his teammates and accepts full responsibility for the teams failures...regardless of who is truly at fault.

A true leader rallies the troops on the field. It's not about taking it on his shoulders after the game. It's taking it on his shoulders during the game.

I'm not saying it's not important to be a leader off of the field but, it pales in comparison to on the field.

So Charlotte is full of stupid fans just like KC?

I assume this is thread you were talking about? I'm not seeing any evidence or talk of Cam calling out the GM.

You're everything that's wrong with Chiefs fans.

Why? Because I value leadership and brains in a quarterback the most? There's a lesson to be learned here and we don't want another Cassel. We better get the right guy. Arm strength etc. is great but it pales in comparison to what is most important for quarterbacks.

suds79
10-22-2012, 09:28 AM
http://tracking.si.com/2012/10/21/cam-newton-press-conference-panthers-cowboys/

“We just find a way to keep the game close just to see what happens at the end,” Newton said. “I’m getting tired of it, and that’s not a formula to win. Domination is a formula to win.”

I don't watch enough Panther's football to say for sure what all their problems are but I fully support Cam on this statement if they're running some type of martyball system.

Hate it when a team's goal is this defeatist attitude of "Just keep it close until the 4th. Maybe we'll get lucky and squeak out a win." Cam is 100% spot on that's not how you do it.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 09:30 AM
What the fuck have they put around Newton? JFC. Their offensive line outside of Jordan Gross and Ryan Kalil is shit and Kalil is on the IR. They continually trot out shit at WR outside of Steve Smith.....who is basically like a midget Randy Moss. The GM went out and paid a shit ton of money for 3 RBs that they don't fucking use. And all of the money that they've put into that defense has amounted to dick. I'd be pissed if I was Newton as well.

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 09:33 AM
I don't watch enough Panther's football to say for sure what all their problems are but I fully support Cam on this statement if they're running some type of martyball system.

Hate it when a team's goal is this defeatist attitude of "Just keep it close until the 4th. Maybe we'll get lucky and squeak out a win." Cam is 100% spot on that's not how you do it.

I think the problem is that they are not running the ball enough with the RBs. they have Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert and they ran the ball 21 times. Six of those runs were from Cam. It's not marty ball.

mcaj22
10-22-2012, 09:33 AM
they gave that DE like 100 million cash and hes not even a top 5 or even a top 10 DE in the league lol

then Beason, Anderson, Davis all eat up a shitload of money as well for being 3 overrated LBers.

They are essentially the Chiefs, lots over overrated/overhyped talent that doesnt translate well on the field at actually stopping something

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 09:35 AM
they gave that DE like 100 million cash and hes not even a top 5 or even a top 10 DE in the league lol

then Beason, Anderson, Davis all eat up a shitload of money as well for being 3 overrated LBers.

This :thumb:

but, their problem isn't the defense. It's the offense.

Chiefnj2
10-22-2012, 09:45 AM
I've watched two Panther games this year - NYG and Seattle, and Newton was horrible. He needs to look in the mirror before he points at anybody else.

Predarat
10-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Vince Cam Newton Young.

boogblaster
10-22-2012, 10:18 AM
well he was over rated in college too .. so ya get what ya pay for ... don't see where they always place these running QB's at the top of a class .. guess they'll learn sumday .....

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 10:21 AM
well he was over rated in college too .. so ya get what ya pay for ... don't see where they always place these running QB's at the top of a class .. guess they'll learn sumday .....

NewChief
10-22-2012, 10:46 AM

Auburn with Cam= National Champs
Auburn without Cam= bottom feeders of the SEC

I don't think he was overrated in college.

Molitoth
10-22-2012, 11:24 AM
and there goes their GM.......

THAT is the biggest problem with the Panthers.
The dude gives out TONS of money to under performers and they can't ever afford anyone good.

Cam Newton is FAR from the problem in Carolina.

the Talking Can
10-22-2012, 11:31 AM
and there goes their GM.......

THAT is the biggest problem with the Panthers.
The dude gives out TONS of money to under performers and they can't ever afford anyone good.

Cam Newton is FAR from the problem in Carolina.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8536687/marty-hurney-carolina-panthers-gm-fired-team-starts-1-5

we need a franchise QB in order to get the GM canned

htismaqe
10-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Why? Because I value leadership and brains in a quarterback the most? There's a lesson to be learned here and we don't want another Cassel. We better get the right guy. Arm strength etc. is great but it pales in comparison to what is most important for quarterbacks.

We're not talking about Jay Cutler or Phillip Rivers.

We're talking about passing judgement on a guy when we're not even halfway through his SECOND season.

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 11:59 AM
We're not talking about Jay Cutler or Phillip Rivers.

We're talking about passing judgement on a guy when we're not even halfway through his SECOND season.

It's not about stats and it's not about his play on the field. You will never get this. NFL players don't suddenly grow in the areas I'm talking about. When you are a QB and are down by several TDs and you are doing a TD dance, you aren't going very far. It's been one thing after another this year. His own teammate called him out.

htismaqe
10-22-2012, 12:29 PM
It's not about stats and it's not about his play on the field. You will never get this. NFL players don't suddenly grow in the areas I'm talking about. When you are a QB and are down by several TDs and you are doing a TD dance, you aren't going very far. It's been one thing after another this year. His own teammate called him out.

So you're saying that a 23-24 year old kid, who has had everything handed to him on a silver spoon for his entire adolescent/adult life, can't grow up?

LMAO

I TOTALLY get it, you're an idiot.

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I agree that you don't know what you have in a player after three years but, this is interesting. This is the scouting report by Pro Football Weekly on Cam prior to the draft.

Negatives: Played in a simplified, run-first, dive-option read offense with very basic high-low reads. Worked exclusively out of the gun and was very quick to run at the first flash of coverage. Limited field vision — does not process the passing game. Inconsistent throwing mechanics with a flick delivery — generates all of his power from his upper-body strength and too often arms the ball. Streaky passer with spotty accuracy. Makes his receivers work hard and throws into coverage. Does not spin a tight spiral. Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/29/cam-newton-scouting-report

All I know is that I hope we don't just look at talent when we take a QB. Character, brains, and leadership are just as important. people killed this writer back then but, he nailed it.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Shutup Spongebob Blacktard.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Cam calls that reporter sweetheart LMAO wtf

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Cam calls that reporter sweetheart LMAO wtf

Funny but really really dumb...

Chiefs Pantalones
10-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Funny but really really dumb...

The dude isn't real likeable. Did he end up getting her phone number afterwards? lol

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 02:49 PM
The dude isn't real likeable. Did he end up getting her phone number afterwards? lol

No, LOL... It was very condescending. The radio was all over it this morning.

O.city
10-22-2012, 02:54 PM
I agree that you don't know what you have in a player after three years but, this is interesting. This is the scouting report by Pro Football Weekly on Cam prior to the draft.

All I know is that I hope we don't just look at talent when we take a QB. Character, brains, and leadership are just as important. people killed this writer back then but, he nailed it.

Chad Pennington had all those things. So did a lot of other slap dick qbs

Give me ungodly talent with immaturity problems over a limp noodle no talent pos who is a good leader any day and i will take my chances.

A guy can't all of a sudden develop talent. The other things can be learned

Chocolate Hog
10-22-2012, 03:18 PM
If this was some brokedick middle of the road QB this board would be singing praises of leadership.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 03:36 PM
If this was some brokedick middle of the road QB this board would be singing praises of leadership.

Cam's comments do not show leadership.

Listen to Rodgers and Brees when they lose.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Cam's comments do not show leadership.

Listen to Rodgers and Brees when they lose.

Rodgers and Brees are veterans. Newton will improve his leadership abilities.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Give me ungodly talent with immaturity problems over a limp noodle no talent pos who is a good leader any day and i will take my chances.

A guy can't all of a sudden develop talent. The other things can be learned

Ryan Leaf
Jeff George

WINNERS

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Ryan Leaf didn't fail because he wasn't a leader. Ryan Leaf failed because he was an immature bitch who couldn't handle the pressure.

BigMeatballDave
Newton will improve his leadership abilities.

He better hope.

I can't imagine RG3 throwing coaches under the bus.

O.city
Ryan Leaf
Jeff George

WINNERS

Go ahead and list all the weak arm no talent qbs who didn't amount to anything

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Ryan Leaf failed because he was an immature bitch who couldn't handle the pressure.

Which is how Newton is acting.

This isn't a new development with Cam.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 03:44 PM
He better hope.

I can't imagine RG3 throwing coaches under the bus.

RG3 and Cam Newton are nothing alike.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Which is how Newton is acting.

This isn't a new development with Cam.

Uhhhhh....no......he's not acting like an immature bitch. He's acting like someone who is frustrated from losing.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Go ahead and list all the weak arm no talent qbs who didn't amount to anything

LOL

Gannon made it to the SB.

:)

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 03:49 PM
RG3 and Cam Newton are nothing alike.

Exactly. RG3 is a man.

Cam is a diva.

It's not too late for Cam, he can still change his attitude.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Exactly. RG3 is a man.

Cam is a diva.

It's not too late for Cam, he can still change his attitude.

Give it a year and see what happens. Do I think RG3 comes out like Newton does if the Redskins drop a bunch of games......probably not. But we can wait and see.

htismaqe
10-22-2012, 03:50 PM

I wholeheartedly agree.

I don't want Rivers or Cutler.

But to think Newton is that kind of "loser" after 20+ games is premature.

suds79
10-22-2012, 03:53 PM
I honestly think some people on here have a pretty soft outlook if they feel he was throwing the team under the bus.

Probably wouldn't have liked Dan Marino then. I remember Peyton Manning one time after a playoff loss talking about "We had some protection issues." Would anybody have a problem like a guy like that here?

Sometimes stepping up, speaking the truth is leading. I'll pass on the QB PC speak. Have had enough of that. Just tell it how it is. If it hurts somebody's feelings, deal with it.

RunKC
10-22-2012, 03:57 PM
When Ron Rivera is fired, I pray to God we bring him in to be the DC.

And when Norv Turner is fired, I wouldn't mind bringing him in a OC.

They suck as coache's, but they are elite coordinators.

Pestilence
10-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Reading his comments and listening to his comments......they sound completely different. I honestly don't think he was throwing anyone under the bus. Poor choice of words....but it sounded to me like he was just tired of having the same thing happen.

Dylan
10-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Everything you always wanted to know about Panthers quarterback Cam Newton:

Who's more childish, Cam Newton or his critics?

Slate.com Oct 22, 2012

Second-year Carolina quarterback Cam Newton spent his bye week "visiting a haunted house, go-kart racing, watching movies, playing video games and doing plenty of self-evaluation.' "These were, presumably, not his only activities; there are enough hours in the day for going to Chuck E. Cheese's and practicing and watching game film. But in an already-lost Panthers season that began, optimistically enough, with a Super Bowl guarantee (the Panther who made that proclamation is out for the year), Newton is learning that when things are going bad between the hash marks, people actually pay attention to your words and your body language and your off-the-field activities.

Toward the end of last season, the rookie Newton was giving a talking-to by Panthers vets, who told him not to sulk so obviously when things don't go well. It was blown off, because very little hadn't gone well for Newton that season. But last month, when cameras caught receiver Steve Smith getting in his face on the sidelines during a blowout loss against the Giants, the narrative changed. The brooding Newton was no longer an aberration but the norm. And as Carolina losses pile up, Newton's increasingly pointed postgame statements have become ripe for dissection and psychoanalysis.

Yesterday's didn't disappoint. Wearing the comfiest sweater in Charlotte, a flustered Newton was at a loss for answers but not a loss for words:
"The past couple of games have been the same script, by the same director. It's kind of getting boring. This taste, this vibe—I'm not buying it, man. And I don't know what it is, but something's going to have to change. Something's going to have to change real fast.

I'm going to leave this room, and I'm going to bring in a suggestion box, and I want your suggestions to be in that suggestion box because I sure don't know. I really don't. I wish I could tell you. But the only thing I control, sweetheart, is myself. Offensively, I am the leader of this bunch, and we haven't been getting the job done."

This is a normal and healthy response (other than calling the female reporter "sweetheart"). Coming from any other player, these concepts would be chalked up to the frustrations of someone who wants to win. But from Newton—or at least, the Newton of this year—they're taken as evidence of immaturity; as throwing teammates and coaches under the bus; as a player unwilling to own up to his own failings. Maybe it's because the NFL media have gotten to know and to dislike Newton, but the usual script has been flipped. Under ordinary circumstances, it's a good thing when a player is upset by losing—he's a gamer, he's a competitor, he just wants to win so badly. Cam Newton? He's pouting, he's never had to deal with losing in his life, he needs to learn how to lose with grace. (“Instead of acting like an NFL quarterback, Newton is acting like a child,” writes ESPN.com’s Pat Yasinskas.)

Newton might be a victim of inflated hype. Compare his numbers from this season and last, and they're not markedly different. Yes, this year's are worse in almost every category, but only by the barest of margins.

The difference is that little was expected from him last year, so he exceeded even the most hopeful projections. This year we expected more, and he hasn't delivered. Yet it's not unheard of for a second-year player to take a step backward. Matt Ryan let his team to the playoffs in Year 1, regressed the next season, and then bounced back better than ever. And by definition, a first-overall pick is going to end up playing for a terrible team. Newton and the Panthers defied the curve in his rookie season and poisoned all hope of reasonable expectations.

But even if sophomores aren't supposed to put it all together yet, they're not supposed to regress. The blind heave on second and goal that gave Dallas' Morris Claiborne an end-zone interception was inexplicable and just the second Cowboys pick all year. Newton wants suggestions on what to change? How about no more tosses like that?

Things change fast. Think of all the fawning write-ups of Robert Griffin III, another double threat who came into the league with doubters and won them over instantly. Everything you've read about Griffin's poise, and maturity, and skill—all of that was already written about Newton last year. But after just six games' worth of struggles, not even a half season, Newton is getting the full Vince Young treatment.

There are lots of folks who want Newton to fail. Nearly all of that attitude dates to his brief-but-eventful college career: the legal trouble at Florida, the shady recruiting at Mississippi State, his perceived arrogance at Auburn as the controversy swirled around him. Remember his now-legendary draft scouting report from Pro Football Weekly? At the time it was derided as petty, inconsequential character assassination. With the new-old Newton narrative, it seems almost prescient.

Limited field vision—does not process the passing game. Inconsistent throwing mechanics with a flick delivery—generates all of his power from his upper-body strength and too often arms the ball. Streaky passer with spotty accuracy. Makes his receivers work hard and throws into coverage. Does not spin a tight spiral. Very disingenuous—has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law—does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness—is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.

[H]e always will test the rules, be difficult to manage and lacks the intangibles to win the trust of a locker room. Will require a very strong-willed, demanding coach to live up to his potential and avoid the trappings of fame and fortune, but even the greatest taskmaster will not be able to keep away the drama that is still swirling from a stained Heisman Trophy and littered recruiting trail that Newton left in the SEC. Can provide an initial spark, but will quickly be dissected and contained by NFL defensive coordinators, struggle to sustain success and will not prove worthy of an early investment. An overhyped, high-risk, high-reward selection with a glaring bust factor, Newton is sure to be drafted more highly than he should and could foreclose a risk-taking GM's job and taint a locker room.

There haven't yet been whispers of a divided locker room, but GM Marty Hurney was fired Monday morning. Coach Ron Rivera is probably next. Most other quarterbacks would be viewed with patience if, after just 22 career starts, the front office was still struggling to build a team around them. The scrutiny of Newton, the venom as he appears to live up to the worst perceptions, shows he's not going to get that leeway. He can wave away all character concerns by returning to his improbably high standards of play, but he's not about to receive a lot of sympathy as he tries.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/features/2012/nfl_2012/week_7/cam_newton_2012_who_s_more_childish_the_panthers_quarterback_or_his_critics.html

Dylan
10-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Who's more childish? Cam Newton.

The NFL might be weighing in on his lack of leadership now, but Newton's parents have seen it for 15 years.

Newton said during last season that he would become a leader and change his selfish ways. He said he would immediately stop brooding on the sideline with (multiyear partnership) Gatorade towels draped over his head. In addition, Newton should be on the sidelines working with his offensive coordinator and focus on film with his teammates.

Which, for some, raises the question: Can Newton learn a thing or two about leadership? I have my doubts.

niblet
10-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Holy crap some people are obsessed with bashing Cam Newton. I don't get it.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM

He's not exactly having a good season.

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 08:04 PM

LMAO Did you watch the press conference? In my opinion, criticism was pretty much a given after that.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 08:08 PM
He's not exactly having a good season.

Sophomore slump. Poor offensive scheme and a bad team. This was definitely the right move. Firing Hurney this early wil set up thei franchise for 2013.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 08:09 PM
I honestly think some people on here have a pretty soft outlook if they feel he was throwing the team under the bus.

Probably wouldn't have liked Dan Marino then. I remember Peyton Manning one time after a playoff loss talking about "We had some protection issues." Would anybody have a problem like a guy like that here?

Sometimes stepping up, speaking the truth is leading. I'll pass on the QB PC speak. Have had enough of that. Just tell it how it is. If it hurts somebody's feelings, deal with it.

LOL

The difference is Cam is not Peyton or Dan Marino.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 08:09 PM
LMAO Did you watch the press conference? In my opinion, criticism was pretty much a given after that.

You're a babbling fucking Mongo.

Each post is dumber than the last.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 08:10 PM
LOL

The difference is Cam is not Peyton or Dan Marino.

Neither Peyton nor Marino were drafted by an organization as completely inept as the Panthers.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Neither Peyton nor Marino were drafted by an organization as completely inept as the Panthers.

Very true.

I'm not saying what he said was wrong. I just don't think he should be saying it.

His press conf. have been awful. He really needs to change his attitude.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Very true.

I'm not saying what he said was wrong. I just don't think he should be saying it.

Whatever.

That team is a fucking mess and he spoke up. If it happened in KC, fans like us would be rejoicing and loving the guy.

Carolina has been a fucking mess since around 2006. Sticking with a guy like Jake Delhomme will do that to a franchise.

O.city
10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
If it's that bad, the Chiefs will gladly take him off their hands.

Setsuna
10-22-2012, 09:26 PM
No, LOL... It was very condescending. The radio was all over it this morning.

If he was white, no one would blink a damn eye at it. GTFO.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-22-2012, 10:06 PM

LMAO

This isn't 1960. It doesn't matter what color he is, it was rude. It's not like reporter was that little girl on those NFL commercials asking little kid questions. The dude is an asshole.

OJ is innocent too huh. Just stop, it has nothing to do with race.

Brock
10-22-2012, 10:12 PM

Right, because nobody calls out Jay Cutler on his bullshit.

ChiefsandO'sfan
10-23-2012, 05:59 PM
ESPN Stats & Info
‏ @ ESPNStatsInfo

Over the last two seasons, Cam Newton is just 2-12
against teams that are .500 or above since the start of last season.

So Cam is the new Cassel.

Woodchuck
10-23-2012, 06:03 PM
ESPN Stats & Info
‏ @ ESPNStatsInfo

He might just be worse. He is O' Fer in games when he throws a pick.

TEX
10-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Cam Newton has never paid his dues...

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2012, 06:07 PM
ESPN Stats & Info
‏ @ ESPNStatsInfo

Yikes

Pestilence
10-23-2012, 06:18 PM
ESPN Stats & Info
‏ @ ESPNStatsInfo

Great supporting cast that he has around him.

Put him on this team and we'd be talking playoffs.

Woodchuck
10-23-2012, 06:23 PM

He even gets the same excuses Cassel used to get.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2012, 06:40 PM

Possibly.

I'm just not a fan.

I'll wait another couple yrs before I crown him.

Simplicity
10-23-2012, 06:46 PM
He needs to start wearing a Chiefs uniform.

Rausch
10-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Very true.

You're talking about a guy that would lose a game of Scrabble to a blind 5 year old...

Chiefs=Good
10-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Jesus. this shit still going? Im still waiting to hear where exactly he threw his team under the bus.. Some people just cant wait to see a player they dont like fail.

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Jesus. this shit still going? Im still waiting to hear where exactly he threw his team under the bus.. Some people just cant wait to see a player they dont like fail.

I don't give a shit if he fails.

If he played in the AFCW, I would care.

I'm not a fan. He's not a Chief, why should I care?

I didn't like him at Auburn, either.

Maybe if he would cut the Superman shit and quit pouting in the sidelines, I may care.