PDA

View Full Version : Weather When does DST end?

Buehler445
10-21-2012, 09:50 PM
They keep changing it every year.

Buehler445
10-21-2012, 09:52 PM
EDIT: November 4th

KC Tattoo
10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Daylight Saving Time began on Sunday, March 11, 2012 and ends on Sunday, November 4, 2012

posted copy from interweb search

Reerun_KC
10-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Have you ever heard of WWW.Google.com?

cdcox
10-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Gov hates farmers so they control the sun.

KILLER_CLOWN
10-21-2012, 11:59 PM
If you've vacation homes in warmer climates best be moving there in the next couple of weeks.

ClevelandBronco
10-22-2012, 12:11 AM
That's really bad news. I thought it had already happened.

FAX
10-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Google has made an offer on time and time is considering it.

FAX

AussieChiefsFan
10-22-2012, 12:13 AM
The sooner the better for me. Makes it easier to get up to watch football.

FAX
10-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Does that mean it gets darker sooner? Because if it is, I'm not going to do it.

FAX

KILLER_CLOWN
10-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Does that mean it gets darker sooner? Because if it is, I'm not going to do it.

FAX

This is America we should have a choice, put it up for a vote!

theelusiveeightrop
10-22-2012, 05:48 AM
Why do we still do this?

Deberg_1990
10-22-2012, 06:27 AM

Daylight Saving Time began on Sunday, March 11, 2012 and ends on Sunday, November 4, 2012

It doesnt really keep changing. They changed it a few years ago, although i have no idea why? They basically made the Window bigger. We used to change time in Late Oct and Mid April.

theelusiveeightrop
10-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Can't we release some oil from the Strategic Oil reserves or something, and get this DST thing averted?

InChiefsHell
10-22-2012, 06:52 AM
Why do we still do this?

In a world where the lights are on 24-7, this is an excellent question. It's so pointless to do this anymore. Seriously, I'd love to see them get rid of it.

I suppose in some third world country it still has some value.

gblowfish
10-22-2012, 08:26 AM
It better not end, my best friend gets a pension from them!
http://www.dstsystems.com/

Rain Man
10-22-2012, 11:14 AM
In a world where the lights are on 24-7, this is an excellent question. It's so pointless to do this anymore. Seriously, I'd love to see them get rid of it.

I suppose in some third world country it still has some value.

I thought we had it because we have 24-7 lights. Is there some other reason? My assumption was that we did it for energy savings so it's light when people are sitting around doing playstation and dancing to hi-fis and listening to the Green Hornet on the radio machine.

Bugeater
10-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Why do we still do this?
I don't understand why we started doing it to begin with. It's stupid.

InChiefsHell
10-22-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't understand why we started doing it to begin with. It's stupid.

Seems back before the world ran 24-7, they did it to allow for more daylight later in the day for people to be able to work later, or something like that. But nowadays, when it gets dark, the lights go on. When it's light out, the lights go off. Not saving any electricity that I can think of. It's an outdated idea as far as I can tell.

Buehler445
10-22-2012, 12:56 PM

I beat you. :D

Buehler445
10-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Have you ever heard of WWW.Google.com?

no, but I looked at www.google.com. It had it. I don't know about all this WWW.Google.com stuff.

Buehler445
10-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Gov hates farmers so they control the sun.

No, they just give all the money to wellfare, and call it a Farm Bill.

alnorth
10-22-2012, 12:59 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=When+does+DST+end%3F

Buehler445
10-22-2012, 01:00 PM
It doesnt really keep changing. They changed it a few years ago, although i have no idea why? They basically made the Window bigger. We used to change time in Late Oct and Mid April.

Doesn't matter to me. It's everybody else that gets pissed when I'm late.

alnorth
10-22-2012, 01:01 PM
I thought we had it because we have 24-7 lights. Is there some other reason? My assumption was that we did it for energy savings so it's light when people are sitting around doing playstation and dancing to hi-fis and listening to the Green Hornet on the radio machine.

So why fall back? Why shouldn't we always be DST? The biggest reason for falling back that I heard is so kids aren't waiting at bus stops in the dark, which is stupid.

Frosty
10-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Seems back before the world ran 24-7, they did it to allow for more daylight later in the day for people to be able to work later, or something like that. But nowadays, when it gets dark, the lights go on. When it's light out, the lights go off. Not saving any electricity that I can think of. It's an outdated idea as far as I can tell.

It's been proven that it doesn't save power and it's a hazard to people that are groggy because their internal clocks haven't caught up yet. We still do it because of inertia.

Kerberos
10-22-2012, 04:07 PM
It's just one more thing GW Bush F***ed up.

Zebedee DuBois
10-22-2012, 04:18 PM
going to work in the dark, and then coming home in the dark is really depressing.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Farmers. It's done for farmers.

JoeyChuckles
10-22-2012, 05:18 PM

Did you ever hear the phrase "There are no stupid questions"?

You have successfully disproved that theory.

If you can easily ascertain the answer but chose not to, it's a stupid question.

BCD
10-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Does anyone need to manually change a clock anymore?

Cablebox changes automatically.
Phone.
Computer.

Bugeater
10-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Farmers. It's done for farmers.
And it benefits them how???

ArrowheadHawk
10-22-2012, 07:22 PM

Phone.
Computer.

My stove and microwave don't change. And I have this old school clock that hangs on the wall. Your comment is stupid.

Bugeater
10-22-2012, 07:34 PM
The only ones that come to mind for me are the microwave, and the ones in my truck and van. I don't recall having to mess with the one in the wife's car so it must change automatically.

chefsos
10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Microwave, range, truck radio, alarm clock, wall clocks, wristwatches...

Smart houses are the future. I have a dumb house.

Guru
10-22-2012, 09:14 PM

Phone.
Computer.

Quite a few actually. Especially since they changed it just a couple years ago and now electronics change during the wrong week.

Rain Man
10-22-2012, 09:22 PM
So why fall back? Why shouldn't we always be DST? The biggest reason for falling back that I heard is so kids aren't waiting at bus stops in the dark, which is stupid.

That's a good question. We got from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time, so it seems like you shouldn't move away from something called Standard Time. But why is it Standard Time? Is there some reason that Standard Time is Standard Time? Is it so the sun will be at its highest spot at noon?

mdstu
10-22-2012, 09:26 PM

Buehler445
10-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Did you ever hear the phrase "There are no stupid questions"?

You have successfully disproved that theory.

If you can easily ascertain the answer but chose not to, it's a stupid question.

If you'd read the thread, you'd notice that I looked up the answer immediately. Before anyone else even posted.

Your assertion that I chose not to look it up is incorrect. If you could easily research your own assertion, but chose not to, your statement is stupid.

Buehler445
10-22-2012, 10:06 PM

Now THAT is funny. ROFL. I can't believe some editor published that.

BCD
10-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Quite a few actually. Especially since they changed it just a couple years ago and now electronics change during the wrong week.

Interesting. I haven't experienced this.

I have no wall clocks, and my phone is my alarm clock.

BCD
10-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Microwave, range, truck radio, alarm clock, wall clocks, wristwatches...

Smart houses are the future. I have a dumb house.

Shit, I dont think I've ever set a microwave or range clock.

I do have one analog clock. Its in my car.

Rain Man
10-22-2012, 10:10 PM
So is standard time defined so that noon is the sun's high point? I kind of think that's true, but I don't know.

Buehler445
10-23-2012, 10:29 AM
So is standard time defined so that noon is the sun's high point? I kind of think that's true, but I don't know.

Noon isn't boobie time? WTF? I'm pretty sure noon is boobie time.

ElGringo
10-23-2012, 10:42 AM
DST ends this Sunday at 2 AM, don't listen to all those saying Nov. 4th

Unless you live in the states in which case, I believe Nov. 4 is correct.

The Iron Chief
10-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Daylight Saving Time benefits retailing, sports, and other activities that exploit sunlight

Daylight Saving Time (DST)—also summer time in most countries including in British English and European official terminology (see Terminology)—is the practice of temporarily advancing clocks during the summertime so that afternoons have more daylight and mornings have less. Typically clocks are adjusted forward one hour near the start of spring and are adjusted backward in autumn.Modern DST was first proposed in 1895 by George Vernon Hudson.Many countries have used it since then; details vary by location and change occasionally.
The practice has been both praised and criticized.Adding daylight to afternoons benefits retailing, sports, and other activities that exploit sunlight after working hours,but causes problems for farming, evening entertainment and other occupations tied to the sun.Its effect on health and crime is less clear. Although an early goal of DST was to reduce evening usage of incandescent lighting, formerly a primary use of electricity,modern heating and cooling usage patterns differ greatly, and research about how DST currently affects energy use is limited or contradictory.
DST clock shifts present other challenges. They complicate timekeeping, and can disrupt meetings, travel, billing, recordkeeping, medical devices, heavy equipment,and sleep patterns.Software can often adjust computer clocks automatically, but this can be limited and error-prone, particularly when DST protocols are changed

Although not punctual in the modern sense, ancient civilizations adjusted daily schedules to the sun more flexibly than modern DST does, often dividing daylight into twelve hours regardless of day length, so that each daylight hour was longer during summer.For example, Roman water clocks had different scales for different months of the year: at Rome's latitude the third hour from sunrise, hora tertia, started by modern standards at 09:02 solar time and lasted 44 minutes at the winter solstice, but at the summer solstice it started at 06:58 and lasted 75 minutes.After ancient times, equal-length civil hours eventually supplanted unequal, so civil time no longer varies by season. Unequal hours are still used in a few traditional settings, such as some Mount Athos monasteriesand all Jewish ceremonies.

Ummm thx Google..I think