PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who do you want to win Sunday?

Pages : [1] 2

thurman merman
10-22-2012, 06:03 PM
?

New World Order
10-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Raiders of course

Inmem58
10-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Raiders.

Add to Assholi's resume. 0-4 against Oakland @ Arrowhead

JoeyChuckles
10-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Tough call, really.

I'm conflicted. I've never wanted the Royals to lose, but the draft doesn't mean as much.

BigMeatballDave
10-22-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm not rooting for the Raiders to win or Chiefs to lose, I'm rooting for a damn QB in the draft.

Guru
10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm not rooting for the Raiders to win or Chiefs to lose, I'm rooting for a damn QB in the draft.

this

saphojunkie
10-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Voted for #3, because the truth is that I don't want the Chiefs to lose on Sunday. The same way that you don't WANT to put your dog down.

Some shit you just have to man up for.

ArrowheadMagic
10-22-2012, 06:47 PM
I wont actively cheer them to lose, but will be less emphatic about cheering a win.

Crush
10-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Voted for #3, because the truth is that I don't want the Chiefs to lose on Sunday. The same way that you don't WANT to put your dog down.

Some shit you just have to man up for.

What if your dog was slowly dying of cancer? This team is riddled with tumors. It is time to put the team down and get a new franchise QB from a future litter of puppies.

the Talking Can
10-22-2012, 06:49 PM
really?

winning is the worst thing that could happen

save pioli's job and keep us from a QB

R8RFAN
10-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Poor Fans... I hope the Raiders anally rape you with a rake...

Pawnmower
10-22-2012, 06:52 PM
If you root for the Raiders to win ANY game you are simply not a Chiefs fan.

Period.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HciLQMSM5_g/SYIi5NvfXxI/AAAAAAAAI5U/gHrd7u8opnE/s400/RaidersParadeGay.jpg

rico
I want the Chiefs to win. I can't even force myself to root for them to lose against the Raiders. I want them to get their franchise QBOTF like the next guy, but not at the expense of losing to the Faid....

I think the benching of Cassel is very telling that they may be more willing to go all in for their guy...if Pioli is still around, I think he is capable of going all in for the guy he wants, hell he did for Cassel. I just hope their QB evaluation ineptitude doesn't continue....which I don't have much faith in it not continuing.

Put it this way, I am unable to root for the Chiefs to lose, regardless of the positive things that can unravel if we do lose....However, I won't let it ruin my day if they do lose. The Chiefs used to be capable of that (ruining my day after a loss). If they win, "cool, **** the Raiders." If they lose, "oh well, hopefully that brings us a step closer to the guy that rams it up their cracked out asses for the next decade."

R8RFAN

Period.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HciLQMSM5_g/SYIi5NvfXxI/AAAAAAAAI5U/gHrd7u8opnE/s400/RaidersParadeGay.jpg

THIS

wazu
10-22-2012, 06:55 PM

No, it means you are able to look farther than six inches in front of your face. This week's game is a meaningless contest between two joke franchises. The only positive that can possibly come of it is moving us one humiliation closer to Pioli being fired, and one or two spots higher on the draft board.

R8RFAN
10-22-2012, 06:57 PM
No, it means you are able to look farther than six inches in front of your face. This week's game is a meaningless contest between two joke franchises. The only positive that can possibly come of it is moving us one humiliation closer to Pioli being fired, and one or two spots higher on the draft board.

Raiders are a joke team right now but with 3 Superbowls we are not a joke franchise son

vailpass
10-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Raiders are a joke team right now but with 3 Superbowls we are not a joke franchise son

Chiefs fan's hoping for the Raiders to beat them.
Me having to agree with Raider fan.

Hall of Shame first ballot thread here.

Pawnmower
10-22-2012, 06:59 PM

Yes becuause the only thing standing in the way of THE CHIEFS and multiple superbowls and a totally awesome team for 10+ seasons is not losing to the Raiders!!!!

HAHAHAH

The stupidity of people around here is mind bottling.

hometeam
10-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Fuck the raiders. Not as much as Elway. But fuck em all the same.

I still want the pick.

I am torn :(

wazu
10-22-2012, 07:09 PM

Meh, okay. Seems like they've been somehow more of a national laughingstock than even the Chiefs for a really long time. Not saying that's fair, just seems like that's the national perception. But whatever.

wazu
10-22-2012, 07:14 PM

I still want the pick.

Next year Geno Smith lines up at QB for the Chiefs. Are you really going to give a crap who won an otherwise meaningless game in 2012?

lcarus
10-22-2012, 07:17 PM

I still want the pick.

Same. I won't be hugely upset either way. I don't really care. It sucks giving up on a season in early October (I gave up a while ago) but it is what it is. This team needs a high draft pick QB. As I've said many times before, I don't believe that the ONLY way to a franchise QB is through a #1 pick. Many great QBs have come beyond the first few picks of a draft. However, it gives us the best chance, and it's something we never do. It's time. Christ, it's way BEYOND time.

R8RFAN
10-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Chiefs are 2 games out of first place

lcarus
10-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Chiefs are 2 games out of first place

Yeah but we suck.

Count Alex's Wins
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
The Autumn Wind is a Raider.

Chocolate Hog
10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Raiders

Bump
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM

Period.

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/tysonreaction.gif

Bump
10-22-2012, 07:26 PM
FTR

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!

in times like these, we learn to live again.

Easy 6
10-22-2012, 07:27 PM
The lets lose faction has made brilliant, go before the Supreme Court arguments for weeks now, and at the root of it all they're probably right... but i just. cant. hope for a loss.

Just cant do it, fling the rotten vegetables & whip the batteries if you must...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9B1Xv41qZ3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
10-22-2012, 07:33 PM
#3. I do not give a shit about this team because they don't give a shit about me.

R8RFAN
10-22-2012, 07:33 PM
You dumbasses are wishing for a loss to the Raiders because you have a pipe dream of getting Geno.... Give it up. You will only be able to get Geno if you move up to get him.

R8RFAN
10-22-2012, 07:34 PM
#3. I do not give a shit about this team because they don't give a shit about me.

It's a business cupcake, suck it up

mlyonsd
10-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm old school Chiefs fan, watched that POS Davidson spear Lenny live on TV so I'm biased that way.

If you think about it though that's a huge part of the problem. It's probably time to think about what is right for the team long term instead of a pointless win against a hated rival. Sucks but that's the way I see it now.

Not that I trust the Chiefs to know what to do with the first pick in the draft.

R8RFAN
10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm old school Chiefs fan, watched that POS Davidson spear Lenny live on TV so I'm biased that way.

If you think about it though that's a huge part of the problem. It's probably time to think about what is right for the team long term instead of a pointless win against a hated rival. Sucks but that's the way I see it now.

Not that I trust the Chiefs to know what to do with the first pick in the draft.

That was a clean hit

mlyonsd
10-22-2012, 07:39 PM
That was a clean hit
I've never neg repped anyone here in 12 years. Don't push it. :evil:

R8RFAN
10-22-2012, 07:39 PM
I've never neg repped anyone here in 12 years. Don't push it. :evil:LMAOLMAOLMAO

Aries Walker
10-22-2012, 07:45 PM
That this is even a question is a shame. That the Raiders are winning is bordering on just cause for eternal damnation.

I don't care how bad the Chiefs do, now or ever, this should never happen. I don't care if the General Manager drafts a team of quadriplegics, the Head Coach eliminates the offensive line, the Coordinators call the same play every play, and the Quarterback puts his helmet on backwards. The Raiders are the enemy; they are everything that is bad and hateful in football, sports, life, and the universe. The owner they revere tried to destroy the league every chance he had; their players have a history as caveman brutes. The Chiefs should always do every single thing in their power to annihilate the Raiders in every arena, and as fans we should support their every endeavor.

For an assortment of (mostly) Chiefs fans to prefer that the vile Raiders actually win against us is an affront to God and nature. Oakland delenda est.

Deberg_1990
10-22-2012, 07:46 PM
I dont know why anyone would want them to win other than pride? Really? Its just one meaningless game between two sorry franchises. Give me the loss to help ensure the future of this franchise.

wazu
10-22-2012, 07:47 PM
That this is even a question is a shame. That the Raiders are winning is bordering on just cause for eternal damnation.

I don't care how bad the Chiefs do, now or ever, this should never happen. I don't care if the General Manager drafts a team of quadriplegics, the Head Coach eliminates the offensive line, the Coordinators call the same play every play, and the Quarterback puts his helmet on backwards. The Raiders are the enemy; they are everything that is bad and hateful in football, sports, life, and the universe. The owner they revere tried to destroy the league every chance he had; their players have a history as caveman brutes. The Chiefs should always do every single thing in their power to annihilate the Raiders in every arena, and as fans we should support their every endeavor.

For an assortment of (mostly) Chiefs fans to prefer that the vile Raiders actually win against us is an affront to God and nature. Oakland delenda est.

Blah blah blah blah mediocrity forever blah.

carlos3652
10-22-2012, 07:48 PM
I cant do it - cannot root for the team to lose -

i feel that we can trade picks to get where we need to be if the GM did his job right.

R8RFAN
10-22-2012, 07:55 PM
This thread is so pitiful I even put it on my little Raiders forum

http://www.raiderfans.org/oakland-raiders-forum/7079-chiefs-fans-pitiful.html

HMc
10-22-2012, 07:58 PM

but he said "period", which apparently lends additional legitimacy to posts...

HMc
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Seems like a no brainer. Chiefs lose, and one step closer to a shot at Geno Smith. Chiefs win, and one step closer to settling for Landry Jones.

Baconeater
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
I'll say this much...I won't be disappointed if the Chiefs lose.

Dayze
10-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Raiders. fuck it . Winning does nothing for this franchise. I'd rather go 1-15 than 8-8.

lewdog
10-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Go Raiders. Winning will only solidify the chance that shit bird Brady Quinn could be our next QB they let play poorly for 4 fucking years!

HMc
10-22-2012, 08:25 PM
"we can win with Quinn, we just need to upgrade the O line in the draft..."

Dayze
10-22-2012, 08:34 PM
"we can win with Quinn, we just need to upgrade the O line in the draft..."

...that's exactly what I'm afraid of

Brainiac
10-22-2012, 08:37 PM
If the Chiefs win 5 games this year, Pioli will be back. If the Chiefs go 1-15 this year, Clark Hunt will be forced to fire him.

Sounds like a pretty easy decision to me.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Raiders. And I was stoked that they came back and won yesterday, too.

I want us to finish with the absolute worst record in football. Not only does it get us the top pick, but it rubs Clark's nose in the epic dogshit failure that is Scott Pioli.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2012, 08:59 PM
This season is lost to all the people rooting for a W....I want stability and a fucking QB gawd damnit!!

Lose, but look decent doing it

Spott
10-22-2012, 08:59 PM

Don't kid yourself. That was 30 years ago. But you guys need to win this game to help us out. I won't waste my time watching a minute of this game. Luckily there's only 2 late games next week and I don't want to see either of them so I won't be tempted to watch the special olympics fest at Arrowhead on Sunday.

Inmem58
10-22-2012, 09:00 PM
This poll is pretty close

Spott
10-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Damn, 100 votes in and 69% either want the Chiefs to lose or don't care if they win against their most hated rival. That's pretty fucked up.

Reerun_KC
10-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Eh. Passion is gone. Need hope.

Count Alex's Wins
10-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Opponent is irrelevant from this point forward.

Only thing that matters is getting that L.

Just L, baby.

Baconeater
10-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Opponent is irrelevant from this point forward.

Only thing that matters is getting that L.

Just L, baby.
You should change your name to Pioli's Reckoning. Cassel has already been reckoned with.

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 09:12 PM
I always hope we win and can't root against the Chiefs. I could die tommorrow and never see another game. It could be 21 years before we get a franchise QB. Hell, the next GM and HC could be worse than what we have now. I'm definately not as invested as I used to be but, I want to win. All that tanking the season crap doesn't guarantee us jack shit.

On a side note, it's nice to see the poll results really aren't that slanted. I didn't expect that.

Count Alex's Wins
10-22-2012, 09:15 PM
You should change your name to Pioli's Reckoning. Cassel has already been reckoned with.

Let it simmer. I have a plan for the next username.

Spott
10-22-2012, 09:18 PM

I think he has enough usernames.

notorious
10-22-2012, 09:19 PM
I will get excited if the team plays well, but I know the long term result is the most important.

ArrowheadHawk
10-22-2012, 09:21 PM
I will always root for the Chiefs to win.

GloryDayz
10-22-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm stumped! I hope the Raiders plane crashes into the Denver facility when there's an all-hands team meeting.... Flying a "Fire Pioli, dump cASSHOLE" banner... There's a win-win for everybody!

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Fuck the Faid and Doncos.

Phobia
10-22-2012, 09:35 PM
When the Chiefs strap on their helmets on Sundays I'm all in for a win. The other 165 hours in the week, I hope they lose every single game this year.

ArrowheadHawk
10-22-2012, 09:36 PM
When the Chiefs strap on their helmets on Sundays I'm all in for a win. The other 165 hours in the week, I hope they lose every single game this year.

This.

Bearcat
10-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Late game choices are KC/Oakland and NYG/Dallas... ugh, guess I'll have to get some work done.

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Late game choices are KC/Oakland and NYG/Dallas... ugh, guess I'll have to get some work done.

I took the best nap I have had all year yesterday afternoon. It will be very tempting to do that again this week.... Sunday Ticket or not...

Phobia
10-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Let it simmer. I have a plan for the next username.

You mean you have a choice? I always thought the mean mods hung that goofy name on you.

RJ
10-22-2012, 09:45 PM
God help me, but I want to see the Chiefs lose. I can't believe I want to see them lose to the Raiders but that's where we are. Losing is the only path to NFL relevance. It hurts to write those words but it's the damn truth.

Woodchuck
10-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Losing is the only path to NFL relevance.

Maybe

Raiderhader
10-22-2012, 10:00 PM
This season is lost to all the people rooting for a W....I want stability and a ****ing QB gawd damnit!!

Lose, but look decent doing it

LMAO The style points make it all better.

Raiderhader
10-22-2012, 10:00 PM

Yep.

Rausch
10-22-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't see the point in cheering for a higher draft pick. It doesn't matter what number the pick is Pioli is fucking terrible and won't take a QB anyway.

I'll cheer for Pioli to get fired. Real GM's don't need to have the first fucking pick to get a franchise QB...

RJ
10-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Maybe

Sure, they could lose and still screw the pooch. But 5-11 won't get them anywhere, that much has been proven.

tredadda
10-22-2012, 10:56 PM
I hate seeing the Chiefs lose, but losing out this season will be for our own good. It is like getting a flu shot. It sucks at the time but is worth it in the long run. Sadly I wish we were this awful last year when two once a generation QBs, Luck and RGIII, came out at the same time

FAX
10-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Pioligo has ruined the Chiefs' game-day experience for me. It's that simple.

FAX

Chocolate Hog
10-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Pioligo has ruined the Chiefs' game-day experience for me. It's that simple.

FAX

There's nothing a little acid can't fix Mr.Fax

Rain Man
10-22-2012, 11:05 PM
I cannot in good conscience root for the Raiders against the Chiefs. Nothing is worth that.

Guru
10-23-2012, 03:33 AM
I cannot in good conscience root for the Raiders against the Chiefs. Nothing is worth that.

I can't root for the Raiders against the Chiefs either. But I won't be upset if we lose.

AussieChiefsFan
10-23-2012, 03:35 AM

This.

It's just less depressing if they lose.

NJChiefsFan
10-23-2012, 03:52 AM
I don't like looking like idiots at Arrowhead each year when we play Oakland, or hell, any of our division rivals. If we don't take a chance at a damn QB this is likely to continue. Losing this game doesn't promise that, but it does enough for me to take my chances. I don't trust this organization to do the right thing this spring unless they have no other choice.

It sucks, but its the Chiefs fault for laying this before our feet. I won't be cheering out loud, but I know which team I would have win if the fate of the game was in my hands. If the 5-11 Raider fans want to mock my team after the season is over I really am not going to be too concerned.

FAX
10-23-2012, 04:07 AM
I've been thinking about this and it's sort of like when new neighbors move in and set up a meth lab next door to your home. Then, as the months go by, the chemical smell coming from their house forces you to wear a Michael Jackson mask when you try to use your deck and they throw loud parties that keep you awake all night, block your driveway with their car, poison your dog, and their kid breaks into your house and steals your best tv and your stereo and your wife's most expensive jewelry and underwear. Then one day, a SWAT team swarms in, breaks down their door, and shoots every one of those creepy bastards with no warning.

In a case like that, even though I'm normally not in favor of SWAT teams killing people in my neighborhood willy nilly, I'm pretty glad they did it.

FAX

The Iron Chief
10-23-2012, 07:11 AM
I want Quinn to pull a win out of his a$$ to guarantee theres no debate who starts two weeks from now.
And I never want to see the Chiefs lose to the Raiders.
This question will be much tougher when we face the Donks.
I'd love to see the Chiefs Rattle Mannings skull and pull of a win

DBOSHO
10-23-2012, 07:13 AM
Raiders.

Add to Assholi's resume. 0-4 against Oakland @ Arrowhead

Damn I didnt think about that.

As much as I hate to say it, go raiders.

theelusiveeightrop
10-23-2012, 07:30 AM
A win here goes a long way toward reestablishing.......Wait. What? Never mind.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Lets put it this way....

in 2007 the Chiefs were 4-12, if they would have lost one more game, they would have most likely drafted Matt Ryan instead of Dorsey.

Chiefs are going nowhere this year, so Who cares if they Chiefs get 1 or 2 mor wins? I certainly dont.

Lonewolf Ed
10-23-2012, 08:32 AM
If 3 wins would still get KC the first pick in the draft, then I'd prefer they sweep the Raiders this season.

HemiEd
10-23-2012, 08:34 AM
I just can't look forward to a Chiefs loss, especially to the Raiders. Is the enthusiasm what it once was? Heck no, not even close.

The Raiders can die in an fire full of aids trees as far as I am concerned, but I won't be the one striking the match.

To think that having the #1 pick is a guarantee of future success, I offer Tyson Jackson, the #3 overall pick as evidence.

I hope they finally take a chance and draft a QB, but they are going to have to prove it to me before I start rooting for the fucking Raiders against the Chiefs.

KChiefs1
10-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Exactly!

KChiefs1
10-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Lets put it this way....

in 2007 the Chiefs were 4-12, if they would have lost one more game, they would have most likely drafted Matt Ryan instead of Dorsey.

Chiefs are going nowhere this year, so Who cares if they Chiefs get 1 or 2 mor wins? I certainly dont.

Thanks for reminding me!

suds79
10-23-2012, 09:09 AM

Which means rooting for the Raiders to win. :p

KC Tattoo
10-23-2012, 09:13 AM
The raiders can only do us a favor by beating us. That said I don't want to lay down and give it to them. I want a hard hitting rival game that gets the blood boiling. I want to see a damn good football game for a change no blow outs just a damn good game. Reallity is both teams suck but that doesn't mean it can't be a good hard hitting game.

Fuck the raiders & fuck Scott Pioli.

If I had my prefference the raiders flight here would be struck by a meteorite in~mid~air crashing the plane into a burning aids forest.

Lzen
10-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Sadly, I have gone over to the dark side. No, not the Raiders, idiots! At 1-5, the season is lost. And I just want the Chiefs to have the best pick to draft the best available QB. However, I still have a hard time rooting for my team to lose.

Lzen
10-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Lets put it this way....

Are you trying to make me cry? STFU

tredadda
10-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Sadly, I have gone over to the dark side. No, not the Raiders, idiots! At 1-5, the season is lost. And I just want the Chiefs to have the best pick to draft the best available QB. However, I still have a hard time rooting for my team to lose.

What if doing so last year would have allowed us to draft Luck or RGIII?

DenverDanChiefsFan
10-23-2012, 09:26 AM
I just don't care anymore. I don't believe in this franchise to do the right thing with the #1 pick. If they lose, they lose. If they win, they win. I am a masochist though, so I will still watch the games. :(

DJ's left nut
10-23-2012, 09:29 AM
I can't root for the Raiders at Arrowhead.

However, I have a standing hope this year - no close losses.

When we lose, I want to lose by 30+. I want it to be so damn laughable that Pioli has to explain not only why his hand-picked quarterback(s) sucked, but why his D-line full of first rounders, the O-line that is almost entirely of his doing and his high-priced linebacking corps sucked as well.

I want him to have to answer to a complete, system-wide breakdown rather than try to scapegoat anyone.

scho63
10-23-2012, 09:34 AM
If we lose I want a blowout and same goes for a win. It's so damn hard to root FOR the Raiders it makes me sick.

I feel sorry for the fans if we lose.

I don't want a 27-24 loss or anything like that. If we lose, let's do it all the way!!!

Chocolate Hog
10-23-2012, 09:35 AM
I can't root for the Raiders at Arrowhead.

However, I have a standing hope this year - no close losses.

When we lose, I want to lose by 30+. I want it to be so damn laughable that Pioli has to explain not only why his hand-picked quarterback(s) sucked, but why his D-line full of first rounders, the O-line that is almost entirely of his doing and his high-priced linebacking corps sucked as well.

I want him to have to answer to a complete, system-wide breakdown rather than try to scapegoat anyone.

Back to back blowouts on the upcoming nationally televised games would do just as much for change as fan protest. Here's to Rivers getting his shit together.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Bitches.

Fuck rooting for losses!
ESPECIALLY against the Raiders.

Ace Gunner
10-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Chiefs baby

suds79
10-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Bitches.

**** rooting for losses!

It's big picture people vs little picture people.

Everybody choose your sides.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 09:55 AM
It's big picture people vs little picture people.

Everybody choose your sides.

That's bullshit. Losses ONLY make for premium draft picks.
Pioli could take said draft pick and use it on Star Lotulelei.

Rooting for losses misses the point.

R8RFAN
10-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Bitches.

**** rooting for losses!

only true fan on this forum :clap:

R8RFAN
10-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Personally I think if you wish to lose that you weren't even a fan to begin with....

Micjones
10-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Personally I think if you wish to lose that you weren't even a fan to begin with....

I wouldn't go that far, because I understand the motivation.
I just question that technique.

suds79
10-23-2012, 10:02 AM
That's bullshit. Losses ONLY make for premium draft picks.
Pioli could take said draft pick and use it on Star Lotulelei.

Rooting for losses misses the point.

Yep he could blow the pick. Nobody is arguing that. But lets be realistic for a moment.

We've seen time & time again that QBs get overdrafted all the time in this league because they mean that much to success.

I still contend that this is all about big picture vs little picture thinking. And that's fine whatever side you're on. I'll just say this. For all the little picture people out there? I don't want to hear a year from now "Man Geno Smith (or insert any highly draft QB here) is fun to watch!" when all along they were against the steps to get there.

It just doesn't make sense.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Yep he could blow the pick. Nobody is arguing that. But lets be realistic for a moment.

We've seen time & time again that QBs get overdrafted all the time in this league because they mean that much to success.

I still contend that this is all about big picture vs little picture thinking. And that's fine whatever side you're on. I'll just say this. For all the little picture people out there? I don't want to hear a year from now "Man Geno Smith (or insert any highly draft QB here) is fun to watch!" when all along they were against the steps to get there.

It just doesn't make sense.

Because continuing to root for your team to win and wanting Geno Smith are mutually exclusive?
That's ridiculous.

I'm simply saying that what really matters is having a GM who believes it's necessary to have an elite quarterback prospect. If you do, chances are that while a premium draft pick might help, it won't be absolutely necessary for said GM to pull the trigger. If you don't, you wind up with another Tyson Jackson.

I'd rather have a GM who believes in having an elite quarterback prospect and NOT HAVE a premium pick...
Than a GM who doesn't think a blue-chip QB prospect is absolutely vital and HAVE a premium pick...

suds79
10-23-2012, 10:17 AM
I'd rather have a GM who believes in having an elite quarterback prospect and NOT HAVE a premium pick...
Than a GM who doesn't think a blue-chip QB prospect is absolutely vital and HAVE a premium pick...

Completely agree. I wish that was the case. Believe me.

And it's because that's in question on the GM is why I want us to be in that top 1 or 2 spots where draft picks are largely slotted by QBs.

We draft in that 7-10 range, then there becomes some difference of opinion on who is the best player. And that's where Scott scares me. Furthermore, I think Geno will be gone by then.

So yes I want the sure thing. I wish it was different and we had a GM I believe in. A GM that valued QB more or I thought would make moves to get one (ie - trade up). But I don't see it that way. So that's why I'm hoping we finish 1-15 in a now lost season vs 6-10.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 10:19 AM
Completely agree. I wish that was the case. Believe me.

And it's because that's in question on the GM is why I want us to be in that top 1 or 2 spots where draft picks are largely slotted by QBs.

We draft in that 7-10 range, then there becomes some difference of opinion on who is the best player. And that's where Scott scares me. Furthermore, I think Geno will be gone by then.

So yes I want the sure thing. I wish it was different and we had a GM I believe in. A GM that valued QB more or I thought would make moves to get one (ie - trade up). But I don't see it that way. So that's why I'm hoping we finish 1-15 in a now lost season vs 6-10.

If Pioli's the guy making that pick, we could be in trouble.
He's never used a high pick on a quarterback. He may not think it's necessary.
He could very well trade out of that #1 spot for the King's ransom it'll fetch and draft Landry Jones.

Would you be happy with that?

Ebolapox
10-23-2012, 10:25 AM
pioli isn't saving his job with a 1-15 season. lose, hire better GM, draft franchise QB, profit.

suds79
10-23-2012, 10:25 AM
If Pioli's the guy making that pick, we could be in trouble.
He's never used a high pick on a quarterback. He may not think it's necessary.
He could very well trade out of that #1 spot for the King's ransom it'll fetch and draft Landry Jones.

Would you be happy with that?

Kinda feel like our topic is shifting gears here where we're pretty much on the same page but I'll go with it.

No I wouldn't be happy with that. Yeah Scott has shown he's never been a guy to take a QB high. I personally hope he's gone. That would make me feel a lot better.

I don't have much anxiety going into this draft if Scott doesn't take a QB #1 because I've been saying for a while now that if the Chiefs don't draft a QB in the 1st this year, I'm done as a fan. So it's up to them what they want to do. I'm just sitting back & watching.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 10:31 AM
pioli isn't saving his job with a 1-15 season. lose, hire better GM, draft franchise QB, profit.

Still only solves half of the problem.
Pioli is fired, but without a good hire it won't matter that we lost a pile of games.

We lost 26 games in the last two years of Peterson's administration.
We wound up with Pioli.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Kinda feel like our topic is shifting gears here where we're pretty much on the same page but I'll go with it.

No I wouldn't be happy with that. Yeah Scott has shown he's never been a guy to take a QB high. I personally hope he's gone. That would make me feel a lot better.

I don't have much anxiety going into this draft if Scott doesn't take a QB #1 because I've been saying for a while now that if the Chiefs don't draft a QB in the 1st this year, I'm done as a fan. So it's up to them what they want to do. I'm just sitting back & watching.

I just hope you get what I'm trying to say here.
Losing only settles half of the issue.
The ultimate issue here are the decisions being made top-down...
If THOSE don't change...it won't matter that you have premium picks.

TRR
10-23-2012, 10:41 AM
I will worry about the draft when the season is over. Play out the season, win as many as possible, and see where the chips fall. I can't root for any Chiefs team to lose.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
10-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Losing only settles half of the issue.

Well, let's go ahead and get that part settled.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 10:43 AM

You don't think there's any downside to tanking games?

How did losing a shit ton of games help us the last time we were at the tail end of a failed regime?
We were here 3 years ago.

htismaqe
10-23-2012, 10:43 AM

Sounds good to me.

Brock
10-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Losing is for losers, but knock yourself out.

This team is a loser.

suds79
10-23-2012, 10:45 AM

:LOL:

htismaqe
10-23-2012, 10:47 AM
This team is a loser.

No shit.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 10:51 AM
The last time we were in this position that part got "settled" and we wound up with Scott Pioli and Tyson Jackson.

Losses certainly didn't help us then.
They won't help us now if we don't have the right GM in place.

Brock
10-23-2012, 10:52 AM
The last time we were in this position that part got "settled" and we wound up with Scott Pioli and Tyson Jackson.

Like I said, let's get step 1 out of the way, then we can move on to step 2.

Rausch
10-23-2012, 10:52 AM

Exactly. The GM is the problem - not our draft pick.

A real GM will be able and willing to make the move to get a franchise QB...

Micjones
10-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Like I said, let's get step 1 out of the way, then we can move on to step 2.

So, you're going to ignore the fact that we were in the exact same position 3 years ago...
AND the fact that losses didn't produce the desired effect?

Losses don't help this team with the decisionmaking aspect.
Neither are they favorable for players whose contracts are coming up.
You could also, by extension, be rooting for a weaker core.
There are collateral damages to losing a shit ton of games. It's not all gain.

Chief Roundup
10-23-2012, 10:58 AM
So, you're going to ignore the fact that we were in the exact same position 3 years ago...

Are you saying there is a chance we will trade for someone elses backup and draft DL again this time?

We all know that is what is going to happen. We will trade for Hasselback and draft an OL or DL. Fuck.....the thought that they might actually do something like this.

InChiefsHell
10-23-2012, 10:59 AM
If the Chiefs win, I still think we'll get a good draft position. If the CHiefs lose, I think we'll get a good draft position.

Go Chiefs. Fuck the Faid!

Brock
10-23-2012, 10:59 AM

What happened 3 years ago is irrelevant beyond being a mistake that needs to be corrected. Losing is the first step toward correcting it. Hiring Pioli looked like a good move, but it was a mistake. Drafting QB X could be a mistake, but you certainly don't stop trying to draft a QB out of fear you're going to make another mistake. That's what got us here in the first place.

KC Tattoo
10-23-2012, 11:00 AM
only true fan on this forum :clap:

Good for him, he can live for mdeocrity all he wants. Whoo hoo we beat the raiders only to lose next week & get blown out the week after that. We can go back and forth win a couple lose a couple by the end of the season we maybe at 6-10 record and there is going be enough people calling for Brady ****ing Quinn to be our QB next season (Pioli & Romeo included they are the ones making the decision). **** that.

We keep losing we got a better shot at ridding us of the cancer and find a cure with a top QB in the draft. Then game on for building a team to be recond with. Those of us who want to lose this season look at the prize of a Super Bowl in the next few years to come. Teams now a days can turn it around in two years with a top prospect QB from the draft. And from the history of the Chiefs we havn't gone that route in 30 years. It's time to try at least try.

Then we will be kicking your ass for years on top of a decade long.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Are you saying there is a chance we will trade for someone elses backup and draft DL again this time?

We all know that is what is going to happen. We will trade for Hasselback and draft an OL or DL. Fuck.....the thought that they might actually do something like this.

That could very well happen.
The point I'm making is, I don't understand the logic.

What does a winning lottery ticket benefit a man who's bad with money?

Chief Roundup
10-23-2012, 11:03 AM

The logic is that winning the lottery will also equate to a new man in charge of that money.

suds79
10-23-2012, 11:03 AM

Everybody is arguing separate subjects.

You keep talking about the GM. And we all agree with you. We'd all like to see him go.

On on another subject, lets talk draft positioning. We would like to see us lose to ensure we're in position (regardless of who the GM is when that time comes) to draft the best QBs in this class who will go high.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:04 AM
What happened 3 years ago is irrelevant beyond being a mistake that needs to be corrected.

Clark Hunt was chairman then. Clark Hunt is chairman now.
In what way is it irrelevant?

Losing is the first step toward correcting it. Hiring Pioli looked like a good move, but it was a mistake.

Which goes back to my original point about change being contingent upon good decisions and not on losing.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:06 AM
The logic is that winning the lottery will also equate to a new man in charge of that money.

And like I said earlier, we've already seen that movie.
I believe it was in 2009.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Everybody is arguing separate subjects.

That's not true. We're talking about the constructive difference losing will make for this organization.

You keep talking about the GM. And we all agree with you. We'd all like to see him go.

On on another subject, lets talk draft positioning. We would like to see us lose to ensure we're in position (regardless of who the GM is when that time comes) to draft the best QBs in this class who will go high.

And again, we've been there.
We had a #3 pick in 2009. It was used on Tyson Jackson.
So again, that only settles half of the issue.

Whether Pioli's here or another GM is here in April, having a Top 5 pick will only be meaningful if Pioli or the new GM believes that having an elite quarterback prospect is vital for this team.

Chief Roundup
10-23-2012, 11:11 AM
And like I said earlier, we've already seen that movie.
I believe it was in 2009.

Well I guess I am not sure where you are going with all of this.
Clark Hunt is not selling the Chiefs. So we are stuck with him.
As far as GM, HC, etc. goes we need to keep trying to find the best that we can. If it doesn't work out then move on and try again.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Good for him, he can live for mdeocrity all he wants.

Why does me NOT for rooting for losses equate to me being satisfied with the status quo? Perhaps, I want change as much as you do? Maybe I just realize that losing, by itself, doesn't necessarily create said change?

We keep losing we got a better shot at ridding us of the cancer and find a cure with a top QB in the draft.

How many "better shots" has Detroit had in the last decade?
How's that worked out in Motown?

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Well I guess I am not sure where you are going with all of this.
Clark Hunt is not selling the Chiefs. So we are stuck with him.
As far as GM, HC, etc. goes we need to keep trying to find the best that we can. If it doesn't work out then move on and try again.

EXACTLY.

So either he starts making decisions or it won't matter what fans are rooting for.

You'd be better served by boycotting the games altogether than you would with quietly rooting for losses or going to the stadium dressed in Black. As much as we want it to, NONE of that shit matters. The best way we can affect change is to stop supporting the team financially. And hell, that might not even do the trick.

suds79
10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
And again, we've been there.
We had a #3 pick in 2009. It was used on Tyson Jackson.
So again, that only settles half of the issue.

Right. The organization messed up. Time to try again. Our problem was that we had/have the wrong GM. Time to fire him and hire a new guy.

Now for the new guy, I'd like us to be in a position (ie - rooting for losing) to draft that top QB. If it works out that way? Great

If not and it's Scott still drafting? Maybe he's forced to draft Geno and we go from there. Or maybe he drafts the next Tyson Jackson. If that later happens and it's not a QB #1, I'm out. Simple as that.

Rausch
10-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Whether Pioli's here or another GM is here in April, having a Top 5 pick will only be meaningful if Pioli or the new GM believes that having an elite quarterback prospect is vital for this team.

Every other team and GM in the league believes QB is the most important position on the field...

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Right. The organization messed up. Time to try again. Our problem was that we had/have the wrong GM. Time to fire him and hire a new guy.

I'm with you. Now let us suppose that the new guy is like Pioli and doesn't believe that having an elite quarterback prospect is vital to winning in the NFL? The top pick goes to a different position.

Now you've got a brand new guy who'll get 3-4 years of ANOTHER regime that won't make the right decision.

Oh and incidentally, you have aging stars like Hali, Johnson, Flowers coming out of their primes or headed out the door when you can't reach agreements with them.

That's better?

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Every other team and GM in the league believes QB is the most important position on the field...

I wouldn't say EVERY other team.

suds79
10-23-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm with you. Now let us suppose that the new guy is like Pioli and doesn't believe that having an elite quarterback prospect is vital to winning in the NFL? The top pick goes to a different position.

Then I'm done as a fan.

Will move onto another team who shares the same philosophy as I do.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Then I'm done as a fan.

Will move onto another team who shares the same philosophy as I do.

Fair enough. Who could blame you?

Brock
I wouldn't say EVERY other team.

What teams don't?

R8RFAN
Good for him, he can live for mdeocrity all he wants. Whoo hoo we beat the raiders only to lose next week & get blown out the week after that. We can go back and forth win a couple lose a couple by the end of the season we maybe at 6-10 record and there is going be enough people calling for Brady ****ing Quinn to be our QB next season (Pioli & Romeo included they are the ones making the decision). **** that.

We keep losing we got a better shot at ridding us of the cancer and find a cure with a top QB in the draft. Then game on for building a team to be recond with. Those of us who want to lose this season look at the prize of a Super Bowl in the next few years to come. Teams now a days can turn it around in two years with a top prospect QB from the draft. And from the history of the Chiefs we havn't gone that route in 30 years. It's time to try at least try.

Then we will be kicking your ass for years on top of a decade long.

GIANT PUSSY

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Lets put it this way....

Doesn't matter though which way we "root". The result's the same either way.

suds79
10-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Fair enough. Who could blame you?

I have a good buddy who is a fan of another team pose this Q to me.

Why am I fan of the Chiefs? Is it purely because I kinda was raised one from my dad? Is it only because they're closest to me and on TV? Do they share the same beliefs I do in a football team? Well not really. They don't value QBs.

Are my current reasons good enough to stay? Sure isn't seeming like it.

I don't want to die and have my team never win it big a la Cubs fan. No way.

Micjones
What teams don't?

Buffalo to start.

Brock
Buffalo to start.

Go on.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:24 AM
I have a good buddy who is a fan of another team pose this Q to me.

Why am I fan of the Chiefs? Is it purely because I kinda was raised one from my dad? Is it only because they're closest to me and on TV? Do they share the same beliefs I do in a football team? Well not really. They don't value QBs.

Are my current reasons good enough to stay? Sure isn't seeming like it.

I don't want to die and have my team never win it big a la Cubs fan. No way.

Sadly, I'm going to be a Chiefs fan regardless.
It's honestly just in my blood.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Go on.

Oakland?

Rausch
10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Doesn't matter though which way we "root". The result's the same either way.

It's not like we're ripping off upsets left and right and we're yelling "STOP! STOP! YOU'RE FUCKING THIS ALL UP!"

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:29 AM
And to clarify, I'm not sure the Chiefs aren't one of those teams that believes QB is the most important position on the field.

That's not the issue though.
The question here is do they believe they need to obtain an elite QB prospect through the NFL Draft?
Because that's something altogether different.

And there are several teams who don't necessarily think that way.

Brock
10-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Oakland?

Why would you say that? They not only drafted a QB number one overall a few years ago, they traded a first rounder and more to acquire one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-23-2012, 11:31 AM
My hate for Pioli outweighs my hate for the Faid now.

Go Faid.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Why would you say that? They not only drafted a QB number one overall a few years ago, they traded a first rounder and more to acquire one.

That was 5 years ago. And sure, three of those years went to seeing what Russell had, but they could've gone right back to the well in 2010.

I clarified my position though.
We're talking about obtaining that blue-chipper through the draft.

Because if the argument is about believing the QB position to be hugely important, the Chiefs are in that camp too.

But most fan circles agree that FA QB's are no longer the answer for this franchise. So I wanted to control for the teams who've recently made big investments into the position.

Brock
10-23-2012, 11:35 AM
That was 5 years ago.

I clarified my position though.
We're talking about obtaining that blue-chipper through the draft.

Because if the argument is about believing the QB position to be hugely important, the Chiefs are in that camp too.

But most fan circles agree that FA QB's are no longer the answer for this franchise. So I wanted to control for the teams who've recently made big investments into the position.

I thought we were talking about which franchises don't think having a franchise QB is important. Which ones are those again?

La literatura
10-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Not only do I want them to lose, I want most of the team to trip over themselves coming out of the tunnel. I want Brady Quinn to fumble the first snap, look in horror at his career draining away, and afterwards softly tell the press, "I meant to do that" like Eugene Burton, my old classmate who kept falling off his bike despite his use of training wheels at age 12. I want RAC to drink gatorade, only to find the cap was unscrewed, and it spill all over his shirt. I want Pioli to trip over a candy wrapper on his way to his skybox, fume, and start crying. I want Dexter McCluster to somehow wrap himself up in a knot, one leg twisted over his neck, and he has to hop off the field, holding both arms out for balance and end up with the nickname, the PogoStick. I want most of the offensive lineman to play with the grass in front of them as they set for the snap. I want Dustin Colquitt to accidently punt the ball in such a way that the punt goes for negative yards. I want the stadium so quiet that in the 4th quarter the huffing and puffing and finally, whimper, of Ricky Stanzi is audible to television viewers.

Rausch
10-23-2012, 11:37 AM
I thought we were talking about which franchises don't think having a franchise QB is important. Which ones are those again?

Ours...

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:38 AM

Well what evidence is there to suggest the Chiefs are in this group?
The fact that they opted for Cassel?

Because if it's that simple, I can quickly add more names to this list.
And Oakland would stick.

We've been talking about DRAFTING a QB all along.
That's probably what our focal point should be, no?

If not, then there's no need to draft Geno Smith. We can go out and identify another available FA QB.

Brock
10-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Ours...

Yes, obviously.

Brock
10-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Well what evidence is there to suggest the Chiefs aren't in this group?
The fact that they opted for Cassel?

Because if it's that simple, I can quickly add more names to this list.

The fact that they opted for Cassel and made effectively no effort to improve the position. Yes, please do add more names to this list.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 11:54 AM
The fact that they opted for Cassel and made effectively no effort to improve the position. Yes, please do add more names to this list.

If we're using the quality of the QB as a measure of how imporant the team believes the position to be, then Oakland's in that group too.

Palmer was finished and nobody in their right mind thought Oakland should've forked that much over to obtain his services.

Brock
10-23-2012, 12:13 PM
If we're using the quality of the QB as a measure of how imporant the team believes the position to be, then Oakland's in that group too.

Palmer was finished and nobody in their right mind thought Oakland should've forked that much over to obtain his services.

They probably made a mistake, but that's not the point.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 12:14 PM
They probably made a mistake, but that's not the point.

Sure it is.

Again what's the measure for whether or not a team deems QB to be the most important position on the field?
Their investment? Their attention to the matter? Because then you could argue that the Chiefs moves since 2009 show that they believe QB is the most important position on the field.

That's why I tried to push this back to a strict discussion of finding the right QB through the draft.
This becomes a messy conversation any other way.

Brock
10-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Sure it is.

Again what's the measure for whether or not a team deems QB to be the most important position on the field? Their investment? Their attention to the matter?

That's why I tried to push this back to a strict discussion of finding the right QB through the draft.
This becomes a messy conversation any other way.

Oakland was willing to give 2 first round picks for Palmer. That pretty much says it all.

Micjones
10-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Oakland was willing to give 2 first round picks for Palmer. That pretty much says it all.

So a team's investment is a measure of how important they deem the QB position to be? Fair enough. The Chiefs traded a #2 for Cassel and gave him $63m when they already had him locked up for 2009.

That was easy.

Brock
10-23-2012, 12:25 PM
So a team's investment is a measure of how important they deem the QB position to be? Fair enough. The Chiefs traded a #2 for Cassel and gave him $63m when they already had him locked up for 2009.

That was easy.

What have they done to address the position since?

Micjones
10-23-2012, 12:53 PM
What have they done to address the position since?

Not much, but they're at the end point of that decision's trajectory.

We're on the same page here. Let's focus on the original topic:
"drafting your quarterback of the future."

Because Oakland hasn't done much about that either since the end of 2009. Spending top draft choices on a finished Palmer wasn't the answer either. If anything, they made the more recent version of KC's trade debacle.

On one point we agree, we both want to see a QB drafted high in April.

I just don't think losing necessarily accomplishes that.

beach tribe
10-23-2012, 01:21 PM
The lets lose faction has made brilliant, go before the Supreme Court arguments for weeks now, and at the root of it all they're probably right... but i just. cant. hope for a loss.

Just cant do it, fling the rotten vegetables & whip the batteries if you must...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9B1Xv41qZ3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm a total idiot, but I can't either. I just can't. I think I would be able to if it weren't for this fact:
With the way the draft has changed, we can move up in the draft, and get our QB regardless. If I knew for a fact that winning the west would keep us from getting a QB I absolutely would root for losses. I just don't think that's the case.
If Pioli is still here he may pass on a QB anyway. There are going to be 4 QBs worth drafting, and we will be able to get one even if we win 9 games.
My dream scenario: We go on a tear. Berry comes back to form, and the D gets their shit together and becomes the dominant unit I thought they could be. We stomp Denver's ass, Quinn shows enough promise to stay here as a decent back up, We win the west and win a PO game.
AND WE TRADE UP AND DRAFT BARKLEY.
These are all dreams of course.
As soon as we are mathematically eliminated from PO contention, I will root for losses.
Until then, I just can't shake the DREAM of beating Denver's ass for the west crown. I know it's silly and will NEVER happen, but that doesn't mean I can't root for it to happen.

R8RFAN
10-23-2012, 01:54 PM

Hindsight being 20/20 I like Palmer he is a capable QB but we would be better now if we would have just waited for Jason Campbell to heal and kept our picks.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-23-2012, 04:30 PM
These Faiders are pretty cocky after squeaking by an awful Jaguar team. Remind me of Donco fans right now.

R8RFAN
10-23-2012, 04:33 PM
These Faiders are pretty cocky after squeaking by an awful Jaguar team. Remind me of Donco fans right now.

I am not cocky and my Raiders aren't good but I am not wishing for defeat

crazycoffey
10-23-2012, 04:57 PM
can't root for a loss

DeezNutz
10-23-2012, 05:02 PM

That was easy.

Rather than trying to parse the importance the Chiefs place in the position, why don't we take a more literal approach and take our incompetent GM's word for it when he says, as he did during his recent apology tour, that the QB position is no more important now than it has ever been?

thurman merman
10-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Whoa, the Chiefs have made quite the comeback.

listopencil
10-23-2012, 05:03 PM
If it makes you guys feel any better, I'm rooting for the Chiefs to beat the Raiders.

DeezNutz
10-23-2012, 05:04 PM
If it makes you guys feel any better, I'm rooting for the Chiefs to beat the Raiders.

Choke on jersey slickem.

Coogs
10-23-2012, 05:07 PM
can't root for a loss

Yet any victory... no matter who it is over... is a possible victory for Pioli. That is why I had to go with the I don't care anymore option. I want Pioli gone far more than I want a victory over the Raiders.

I hate what this bastard has done!

WV
10-23-2012, 05:07 PM
can't root for a loss

I never expected to be to this point (even earlier this season), but I think my apathy and hate of the organization and Cassel has drivin me here.

crazycoffey
10-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Yet any victory... no matter who it is over... is a possible victory for Pioli. That is why I had to go with the I don't care anymore option. I want Pioli gone far more than I want a victory over the Raiders.

I hate what this bastard has done!

so pioli controls the roster and dictates casshole plays, and when that control is relinquished, you think a win will be a possible win for pioli? put down the pipe, your hate is controlling your responses. If anything a win with quinn can be nothing but a gigantic loss for pioli.

DaneMcCloud
10-23-2012, 06:19 PM
can't root for a loss

Rooting for a loss is different than expecting a loss.

I don't expect the Chiefs will win another game this season. I don't need to root for them to lose because they will lose, regardless.

Guru
10-24-2012, 06:38 AM
I will worry about the draft when the season is over. Play out the season, win as many as possible, and see where the chips fall. I can't root for any Chiefs team to lose.
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't have to root for it. They are doing just fine in that department.

Rausch
10-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Who do you want to win on sunday?

saveourchiefs.com

Coogs
10-24-2012, 06:45 AM
so pioli controls the roster and dictates casshole plays, and when that control is relinquished, you think a win will be a possible win for pioli? put down the pipe, your hate is controlling your responses. If anything a win with quinn can be nothing but a gigantic loss for pioli.

Ok. Let's say we win against the Raiders. Get on a little roll and win those token 5 or 6 games down the stretch. Clark decides things are back on track. Pioli stays.

Don't come around bitching to me if that happens.

And this is comming from a guy who would love to see Quinn be one of those QB's who finds success in his career, but just needed to be in the right place and get the opportunity.

See why I am kind of torn? I wanted Pioli out first. Cassel would have surely been on the bus out of town shortly afterwards.

Rausch
10-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Ok. Let's say we win against the Raiders. Get on a little roll and win those token 5 or 6 games down the stretch. Clark decides things are back on track. Pioli stays.

Don't come around bitching to me if that happens.

If you think a 4-12 or 6-10 season will be considered success by Hunt 0.5 then be a-feared.

I don't.

At year's end Pioli will have been here 4 years with 3 losing seasons. And on top of that odds are his 4th will be his worst.

Why the fuck, in any line of work, would you not fire someone who can't perform the most basic of functions AFTER FOUR YEARS?...

Guru
10-24-2012, 06:52 AM
If you think a 4-12 or 6-10 season will be considered success by Hunt 0.5 then be a-feared.

I don't.

At year's end Pioli will have been here 4 years with 3 losing seasons. And on top of that odds are his 4th will be his worst.

Why the ****, in any line of work, would you not fire someone who can't perform the most basic of functions AFTER FOUR YEARS?...

Because the owner is a Hunt and this is the Chiefs.

wazu
10-24-2012, 07:03 AM

Hunt got rid of Carl not long after taking over. I'm not going to assume he is incompetent unless he really does let Pioli stay after this season.

Guru
10-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Hunt got rid of Carl not long after taking over. I'm not going to assume he is incompetent unless he really does let Pioli stay after this season.

I still think he is going to keep Scott around. Just a gut feeling.

Coogs
10-24-2012, 07:09 AM

I don't.

Why the fuck, in any line of work, would you not fire someone who can't perform the most basic of functions AFTER FOUR YEARS?...

Yeah. If we go 5-5 or 6-4 down the stretch I can see Clark keeping Pioli.

Coogs
10-24-2012, 07:09 AM
I still think he is going to keep Scott around. Just a gut feeling.

Same here. Especially if we win a few.

Rausch
10-24-2012, 07:13 AM

I've been looking (and by looking I mean spending 2 hours on google) and I can't find any business in the last two years Clark isn't losing his ass in.

By no means is this scientific. Lamar had enough money to make God reconsider what to do.

Worst case Clark still dies rich.

A rich failure that would make his father turn over in his grave, but still better off than all of us...

Micjones
10-24-2012, 07:19 AM
Rather than trying to parse the importance the Chiefs place in the position, why don't we take a more literal approach and take our incompetent GM's word for it when he says, as he did during his recent apology tour, that the QB position is no more important now than it has ever been?

That can also be read as, "the QB position has always been really important."

I won't pretend to know what he meant by that.

htismaqe
10-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Not much, but they're at the end point of that decision's trajectory.

We're on the same page here. Let's focus on the original topic:
"drafting your quarterback of the future."

Because Oakland hasn't done much about that either since the end of 2009. Spending top draft choices on a finished Palmer wasn't the answer either. If anything, they made the more recent version of KC's trade debacle.

On one point we agree, we both want to see a QB drafted high in April.

I just don't think losing necessarily accomplishes that.

Since the end of 2009?

The Chiefs haven't drafted a first-round QB since NINETEEN FUCKING EIGHTY THREE!!!

You can't compare the acquisitions of Cassel and Palmer without also putting it in CONTEXT - the Raiders were coming off of:

1) drafting a QB FIRST OVERALL and
2) acquiring a former 1st-round QB in Jason Campbell

To compare what the Chiefs have done to what the Raiders have done, in terms of sheer effort, is ridiculously laughable.

TEX
10-24-2012, 08:32 AM
I don't care anymore...

Micjones
10-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Since the end of 2009?

The Chiefs haven't drafted a first-round QB since NINETEEN FUCKING EIGHTY THREE!!!

You can't compare the acquisitions of Cassel and Palmer without also putting it in CONTEXT - the Raiders were coming off of:

1) drafting a QB FIRST OVERALL and
2) acquiring a former 1st-round QB in Jason Campbell

To compare what the Chiefs have done to what the Raiders have done, in terms of sheer effort, is ridiculously laughable.

The Chiefs acquired a former 1st-round QB this past off-season.

This discussion is about finding the right quarterback.
If it isn't, the Chiefs have made two significant moves since 2009 to address their quarterback position as well.

Rausch
10-24-2012, 08:42 AM
If it isn't, the Chiefs have made two significant moves since 2009 to address their quarterback position as well.

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/0c05edb750fb3f8a9f3b1a1850a5f371/http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Mrite/FUNNY/STFU-GTFO/GTFO-HOUSE.png

Micjones
10-24-2012, 08:47 AM

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/0c05edb750fb3f8a9f3b1a1850a5f371/http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Mrite/FUNNY/STFU-GTFO/GTFO-HOUSE.png

So we're back to point 1 and we shouldn't be giving Oakland any credit either. Fair enough.

Oh Snap
10-24-2012, 09:40 AM
I do not plan on wasting my Sundays any longer by watching this pathetic team... I have better things to do with my time.

mikey23545
10-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Losing has become a magical talisman for the retards on this board, who make up about 90% of all the posters. They hold it close, and rub it vigorously imagining that some genie will pop out and grant them all the Super Bowl victories they could ever want.

Or perhaps they feel it's some kind of karmic process, where if they lose 15 games one year they will be guaranteed 15 wins in some other season.

Who knows how a tard thinks.

Fuck the Raiders, Fuck them to death, and Fuck them forever!

Micjones
10-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Losing has become a magical talisman for the retards on this board, who make up about 90% of all the posters. They hold it close, and rub it vigorously imagining that some genie will pop out and grant them all the Super Bowl victories they could ever want.

Or perhaps they feel it's some kind of karmic process, where if they lose 15 games one year they will be guaranteed 15 wins in some other season.

/thread

philfree
10-24-2012, 10:12 AM

**** the Raiders, **** them to death, and **** them forever!

LOL The Chiefs in three seasons went 2,4 and 2 and that losing didn't fix it but we should try it again. I'd rather beat the Raiders this Sunday.

boogblaster
10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
i cant vote faiders .. sorry we need a QB .. but who knows maybe the Quinn will be our savior .....

Reerun_KC
10-24-2012, 10:29 AM
I voted golfing with my son Sunday. He is 15 and its gonna kill me when he leaves for college in 3 years. So times like these, bonding with him on a golf course is better than watching failures.

Brock
10-24-2012, 10:31 AM

A tard is going to celebrate because his lousy team beat another lousy team. Yay! We're not the worst!!!

Micjones
10-24-2012, 11:00 AM
A tard is going to celebrate because his lousy team beat another lousy team. Yay! We're not the worst!!!

So we're underselling wins now?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-24-2012, 11:06 AM
I hate the Raiders with every fiber of my being. I hope we kick the shit out of them.

Micjones
10-24-2012, 11:07 AM
I hate the Raiders with every fiber of my being. I hope we kick the shit out of them.

Yup.

ElGringo
10-24-2012, 11:19 AM
I have been so emotionally invested in this team for so many years, and they have finally broken me. I will now, and every week root for the Chiefs to win (perhaps more this week than most because it is the Raiders), however, I no longer go through the emotional roller coaster with a loss.

thurman merman
10-24-2012, 11:27 AM
The Chiefs acquired a former 1st-round QB this past off-season.

Significant? As in significantly shitty?

Micjones
10-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Significant? As in significantly shitty?

/context
Follow the entire exchange.

PunkinDrublic
10-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I'll never root for the raiders to beat us. Their fans deserve to be napalmed.

Richard_Cuckold
10-24-2012, 11:34 AM
chiefs of course

R8RFAN
10-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Any true Chief fan with any thought of throwing a game for the mere chance at getting a draft pick is no Cheap fan...

Some of you DISGUST me ... Losers...

I hate the Cheaps, I will always hate the Cheaps, I don't hate the fans but I hate the fucking Cheaps , I hope we beat your sorry asses by 50

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-24-2012, 01:36 PM
People need to understand that no team is ever going to willingly throw a game. I am sure the players are just THRILLED about a bunch of college kids coming in and taking their job for sucking ass. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm not going to get mad if they lose to the Faid, but I won't be on my couch going "GOOOOOOOOOOOO RAIIIIIIIDDDEERRRSSS!!!!" or some bullshit like wearin Faid colors.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm changing my vote to a Raiders win.

A Chiefs win will make Woodchuck happy and I won't support that.

Mugalug
10-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Any true Chief fan with any thought of throwing a game for the mere chance at getting a draft pick is no Cheap fan...

Some of you DISGUST me ... Losers...

I hate the Cheaps, I will always hate the Cheaps, I don't hate the fans but I hate the ****ing Cheaps , I hope we beat your sorry asses by 50

I've yet to meet a Faider fan that can count to 50.

htismaqe
10-24-2012, 02:21 PM
People need to understand that no team is ever going to willingly throw a game. I am sure the players are just THRILLED about a bunch of college kids coming in and taking their job for sucking ass. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm not going to get mad if they lose to the Faid, but I won't be on my couch going "GOOOOOOOOOOOO RAIIIIIIIDDDEERRRSSS!!!!" or some bullshit like wearin Faid colors.

That's just the thing.

I would PREFER the Raiders win. The only consolation prize this season could possibly produce is a top draft pick.

That doesn't mean I'm ACTIVELY ROOTING for the Raiders to win. Quite the contrary.

And in that sense, it's a win-win for me.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
That's just the thing.

I would PREFER the Raiders win. The only consolation prize this season could possibly produce is a top draft pick.

That doesn't mean I'm ACTIVELY ROOTING for the Raiders to win. Quite the contrary.

I'm actively rooting for Woodsponge to be unhappy.

Don't I get some kind of exception for that?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
That's just the thing.

This.

I hate Oakland, but only through excruciating pain can we grow.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-24-2012, 02:25 PM

No, but you get rep. Fuck that jackass.

htismaqe
10-24-2012, 02:26 PM

From me?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-24-2012, 06:14 PM
No, but you get rep. Fuck that jackass.

At least he finally admitted to being Black Boob

PA Chiefs
10-24-2012, 07:42 PM
I would love the first pick but it is hard to root against this team no matter how much I want change. After they lose I usually say good now they will get the first pick, but I rather root for the superbowl than change and the first pick but I guess it is what it is.

Frazod
10-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Wow. Nearly two-thirds of us either want them to lose or don't give a shit.

Nice work, Scott. :thumb:

KCUnited
10-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Wow. Nearly two-thirds of us either want them to lose or don't give a shit.

Nice work, Scott. :thumb:

The 10am show this morning on local 610 opened with college hoop talk per listener request. During Raider week that's how few ****s are given in KC.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-25-2012, 09:25 AM
THAT'S HOW WE ROLLIN'!!!!@!@!@

R8RFAN
10-25-2012, 09:32 AM
the "I really don't care anymore" is a cop out, you should make a new poll with only two options I bet that "I really don't care anymore" would turn into I never want to lose to the Raiders

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Dude, this team has had the doors blown off 4 out of 6 games and are 12-28 in thier last 40 games at home. The joke of a team has beaten down this fanbase.

okcchief
10-25-2012, 12:11 PM
It sickens me to say it, but go Raiders! Rooting against this team now is rooting for the future.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-25-2012, 12:13 PM
It sickens me to say it, but go Raiders! Rooting against this team now is rooting for the future.

Pretty much.

Sorry Brandon, Tamba, Jamaal, and Eric, but cleansing fire is needed.

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 06:39 AM

There's just as much proof that Geno Smith or _____(fill in the 2013 draftee QB name) will be the next todd blackledge or ryan leaf or tim couch or brady quinn or vince young as they can be the next RGIII, luck, eli manning or aaron rodgers.

In fact, looking at all the first round picks over the last 7 years, I'm pretty certain the cards are stacked against first rounders being CP's definition of a "franchise quarterback"

A. Smith (1) - Still just a game manager, like dilfer
A. Rogers (24) *****
J. Cambell (25) not in the league

V. Young (3) -not in the league
M. Leinart (10) - back up
J. Cutler (11) - You wish we took this guy?

J. Russel (1) - not in the league
B. Quinn (22) - our starting QB (this week)

M. Ryan (3) - *****
J. Flacco (18) - you want to tank for flacco?

M. Stafford (1) - ****
M. Sanchez (5) - so many CPers would have pissed all over themselves to have this guy.....
J. Freeman (17) Better than Quinn?

S. Bradford (1) weak QB year?
Jesus tebow (25) weak QB year?

C. Newton (1) one year wonder? VickII?
J. Locker (8) You want to lose for this guy?
B. Gabbert (10) you want to lose for this guy?
C. Ponder (12) You want to lose for this guy?

And of course 2012
luck (1) suck for luck? jury still out, possibly a ****
RGIII (2) Cam II? seems like a ****
Tannehill (8) you want to lose for this guy?
weeden (22) - older than Quinn

I count 5 Franchise or possible franchise QBs, per CP, on this list out of 23 (marked with ****). Rainman, where's this put our odds at getting a franchise QB with a first round QB next year?

3 out of 23 are out of the league, another 3 out of the 23 were backups at the beginning of the year (Quinn the exception now).

Out of the remaining 12 we got Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, flacco, Sanchez, Freeman, Bradford (half) with a couple years under their belts and nothing to show. This is the group that we can argue about. You want to root for loses for possibly a QB like these 6? And you then curse DEB ALL CAPS for saying you're jaded? get a grip. All the arguments, name calling, cussing are coming down to pioli getting one of these 6 or a player like them, to make you "happy".

CP attitude has jumped the shark

AussieChiefsFan
10-26-2012, 06:42 AM
I see your point, but after this long we've just got to get a QB in the 1st round even if its a risk. Also what have you got against Luck and RG3?

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 06:43 AM
you root for the Raiders, you may as well just wear silver and black every sunday while you fist your sister under the burning AIDS tree. Fuck anyone who says we should lose for a higher draft pick.

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 06:45 AM
I see your point, but after this long we've just got to get a QB in the 1st round even if its a risk. Also what have you got against Luck and RG3?

year one, no proof they're not a flash in the pan. As of this day, we only "missed" on draft day for the last 7 years on A. Rogers and M. Ryan. Plus we have a first round QB starting for us for the second week out of two weeks since?????? care to guess?

AussieChiefsFan
10-26-2012, 06:47 AM
year one, no proof they're not a flash in the pan. Plus we have a first round QB starting for us for the second week out of two weeks since?????? care to guess?Although there's a lot more evidence to suggest Luck and RG3 are going to be a HOFer (not saying they are) than a "flash in the pan" or a bust.

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Although there's a lot more evidence to suggest Luck and RG3 are going to be a HOFer (not saying they are) than a "flash in the pan" or a bust.

I really don't know how you can say that so faithfully. Even still, it really doesn't diminish my point what so ever.

R8RFAN
10-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Give em hell Barney, no true Chiefs fan would wish for a loss against the Raiders

AussieChiefsFan
10-26-2012, 06:54 AM
I really don't know how you can say that so faithfully. Even still, it really doesn't diminish my point what so ever.Your point being that they are both likely just one year shows?, The seasons only half over.

I don't faithfully believe that they become HOFers, just that they are not underrated and not just "flashes in the pan".

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Give em hell Barney, no true Chiefs fan would wish for a loss against the Raiders

I'm drinking the shit out of your rum. If you don't help the chiefs become a contender somehow, then fuck you Jobu....

R8RFAN
10-26-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm drinking the shit out of your rum. If you don't help the chiefs become a contender somehow, then **** you Jobu....

Is Very bad to curse Jobu

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Your point being that they are both likely just one year shows?, The seasons only half over.

I don't faithfully believe that they become HOFers, just that they are not underrated and not just "flashes in the pan".

I clearly put "?" after those assessments. I agree we don't know at this point. But losing to secure a higher draft position is also "fools gold", and that is more evident than any argument claiming "I'm sick of losing and want a first round QB". Hell, Brady is a first round QB and younger than Weeden

R8RFAN
10-26-2012, 07:06 AM
I clearly put "?" after those assessments. I agree we don't know at this point. But losing to secure a higher draft position is also "fools gold", and that is more evident than any argument claiming "I'm sick of losing and want a first round QB". Hell, Brady is a first round QB and younger than Weeden

Barney the good thing is they are not on the field and win or lose I expect a hard hitting normal Raiders/Chiefs game on Sunday.

Throw the records out, it will be a great game, the players want to win.

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Is Very bad to curse Jobu

It worked for Cerrano.

AussieChiefsFan
10-26-2012, 07:09 AM
I clearly put "?" after those assessments. I agree we don't know at this point. But losing to secure a higher draft position is also "fools gold", and that is more evident than any argument claiming "I'm sick of losing and want a first round QB". Hell, Brady is a first round QB and younger than WeedenI never said we should want to lose to get a 1st round QB. But if the Chiefs are in the situation to draft one, they can't think "We shoudn't draft Geno/Barkley/whoever because maybe he'll be a bust" and still have no QB.

R8RFAN
10-26-2012, 07:10 AM
It worked for Cerrano.

They already had a relationship established...

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 07:10 AM
I never said we should want to lose to get a 1st round QB. But if the Chiefs are in the situation to draft one, they can't think "We shoudn't draft Geno/Barkley/whoever because maybe he'll be a bust" and still have no QB.

:facepalm: The whole direction of CP lately and even in this thread has been to root to lose for a better draft pick. pay attention N00b, where the fuck is Skip?

AussieChiefsFan
10-26-2012, 07:11 AM
:facepalm: The whole direction of CP lately and even in this thread has been to root to lose for a better draft pick. pay attention N00b, where the fuck is Skip?

I KNOW many people have been rooting for a loss vs the Raiders. I'm only saying that I haven't.