PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Say Bill Snyder....

Molitoth
10-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Wanted to coach the chiefs.

Do you Hire him?

I'm just curious as to what CP thinks of Mr. Snyder.
I'm far from a KSU fan, but I have to root/respect the guy.

Here is Whitlocks latest take on Bill....

Itís difficult to appreciate just how good of a coach Snyder is. He is as good as any coach in football on any level. Snyder is as good as Lombardi, Belichick, Bear Bryant, Saban, Noll and Brady Hoke. (Eat it, Ohio Buckeyes and Urban Meyer.)

I donít have any doubt that Snyder could win at the highest level in the NFL, at Alabama, Michigan, Florida, LSU and Ohio. Iím not sure Lombardi, Belichick, Bryant, Saban, Noll and Meyer could win consistently at Kansas State. (Hoke could win anywhere they lace Ďem up.)

As for Klein, heís not a pro player. Thatís fine. But he and Teío are the two most important players in college football.

Old Dog
10-23-2012, 02:02 PM
nope....different game

Deberg_1990
10-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Nope, hes 95 years old.

suds79
10-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Can I get the 90s Bill Snyder?

And I'm not talking about the decade. :p:p:p

Zeke
10-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Clark would never spend the money to put a handicap ramp down to the locker room.

Not gonna happen.

mikeyis4dcats.
10-23-2012, 02:31 PM
as a KSU fan, NO. Bill wouldn't mesh with the primadonnas of the NFL. At all.

Saulbadguy
10-23-2012, 02:32 PM
He's gonna retire after this year, IMO.

Los Pollos Hermanos
10-23-2012, 02:48 PM
He's gonna retire after this year, IMO.

Take his crystal football and go home.

CoMoChief
10-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Would have after DV.

He's a schemer. And X's and O's guy.....he has a great knack for exploiting other teams weaknesses...which is excatly what the NFL is all about.

But now? no...too old

Flachief58
10-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Great College Coach whom I have the utmost respect for but, he's too old & I fear he just would'nt be able to adapt well to the NFL

Zeke
10-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Great College Coach whom I have the utmost respect for but, he's too old & I fear he just would'nt be able to adapt well to the NFL

Adapting wouldn't be a problem for him. The guy is a football genious. I don't think he'd have a problem with the NFL premadonas, either. I just don't see the energy level that is required physically and mentally by an NFL Head coach being put forth by a man his age.

Raiderhader
10-23-2012, 03:45 PM
as a KSU fan, NO. Bill wouldn't mesh with the primadonnas of the NFL. At all.

This all day. When KSU started slipping during his first tenure it was because of some higher rated recruits who didn't fully buy in to his way. He has even said himself they came to KState EXPECTING to win. He needs those who are willing to dig deep and find out more about themselves and their abilities. Plus at his age it would merely be a stop gap and not a long term solution.

And leave my Cats alone, damn it! :cuss:

WilliamTheIrish
10-23-2012, 04:29 PM
This all day. When KSU started slipping during his first tenure it was because of some higher rated recruits who didn't fully buy in to his way. He has even said himself they came to KState EXPECTING to win. He needs those who are willing to dig deep and find out more about themselves and their abilities. Plus at his age it would merely be a stop gap and not a long term solution.

And leave my Cats alone, damn it! :cuss:

What high rated recruits didn't fully buy in? The problem was Snydz lost his best coaches after the 03 season. And he failed to recruit a QB. They still had the best RB in the league.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Really?

saphojunkie
10-23-2012, 04:35 PM
No more than I want Colin Klein as the starting QB.

HemiEd
10-23-2012, 04:53 PM
What high rated recruits didn't fully buy in? The problem was Snydz lost his best coaches after the 03 season. And he failed to recruit a QB. They still had the best RB in the league.

Yeah, I think losing his Coaches repeatedly kind of wore his enthusiasm down.

College is a different game as it is constantly rolling over due to graduations/eligibility expiration.

Then when you have the same problem with Coaches, it has to be a little bit flustrating.

That being said, if anyone had any doubt after his first time around, the job he has come back and done, just proves that he is among the best of all time, without question.

I am in absolute awe of the man.

Raiderhader
10-23-2012, 05:06 PM

He hasn't named names any where that I've seen. But he has made comments in interviews about the higher rated recruits that were coming in with the wrong kind of attitude. :shrug:

And I in no way doubt that losing talented coaches played a part in the step backwards. I was not trying to suggest there was only issue involved with that. I was just rebutting the idea that he is good with the primadonnas.

Dave Lane
10-23-2012, 05:14 PM
I think he's a genius, I think he's Marty, I think he's too old

Mr. Laz
10-23-2012, 05:16 PM
No

As great as i think Bill Snyder is as a college coach, the pro game is completely different. While the X's and O's stuff might be workable all the off-the-field stuff and money changes everything.

rageeumr
10-23-2012, 05:19 PM
I reluctantly voted "no thanks". I really think he's just too long in the tooth to make the jump.

But I'll be the first to admit that I thought he was too old to come back to K-State. "College Football has changed" I said. "His style of ball will be useless against high-flying spread offenses" I said. "He won't be able to do as much with lower-tier talent this time around" I said.

So essentially, I'm and idiot and we should hire him yesterday.

Reerun_KC
10-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Old balls? ROFL. Next chiefs fans will be wanting Tebow lite.