PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Schefter joining the party about the qb situation...

The Bad Guy
10-26-2012, 07:44 AM
http://t.co/ULMMJ5Cr

Chief Gump
10-26-2012, 07:51 AM
http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8547255

That link just takes me to a white screen.

RippedmyFlesh
10-26-2012, 07:54 AM
http://t.co/ULMMJ5Cr

This one will work.
My God that list of qb's is depressing.

RippedmyFlesh
10-26-2012, 07:58 AM
It is the not even trying part that gets to me.
If they took a 1st round qb and it didn't workout I beleive most here would be ok with that as long as they kept trying until we get our guy.

King_Chief_Fan
10-26-2012, 08:14 AM
If they took a 1st round qb and it didn't workout I beleive most here would be ok with that as long as they kept trying until we get our guy.

well, i think they have to make some sort of effort other than pulling a rabbit out of the hat. My guess is the fans on this board have already done more homework about this year's class than someone in the Chiefs organziation

CaliforniaChief
10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
The PR onslaught is impressive.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Pathetic....

Doug Hudson in the seventh round in 1987; Danny McManus in the 11th round in 1988; Mike Elkins in the second round in 1989; Matt Blundin in the second round in 1992; Steve Matthews in the seventh round in 1994; Steve Stenstrom in the fourth round in 1995; Pat Barnes in the fourth round in 1997; James Kilian in the seventh round in 2005; Brodie Croyle in the third round in 2006; and Stanzi in the fifth round in 2011

Bewbies
10-26-2012, 08:29 AM
That is really, really embarrassing. To think the people running this team (and those that used to) think that the way they're doing it is the way one wins....

Strongside
10-26-2012, 08:36 AM
I love how this has been common knowledge in Kansas City for years, and it takes fans booing an injury to finally get some fucking national attention in here. KC is becoming the poster-town for sports fandom. They can't decide whether we're the good guys or the bad guys...one thing is for sure, though. We are passionate as hell. You don't see things like the following pics without a kickass fanbase...our dumbass teams (all but one) havent figured out that winning will produce this result over and over again:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/22362/seaofred_medium.jpg
http://www.sense-datum.org/tim/archives/openingday_b.jpg
http://www.kcconfidential.com/userfiles/a%20cauldron.jpg
Hell, we even sell out our MINOR LEAGUE hockey games FFS.
http://www.examiner.net/archive/x481357020/g12c00000000000000031e9dc8fddc19a386dc392cc50f4b3b3c372aba3.jpg

RippedmyFlesh
10-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Mike Livingston who went 6-0 filling in for Lenny was the most important qb ever drafted by this team. He didn't do squat after that year but helped us get a ring.
A backup qb with a lifetime record of 31-43-1 may be the best qb ever drafted by the chiefs.

Pestilence
10-26-2012, 09:17 AM
They are the only team this season that has yet to produce a passing play of more than 40 yards.

:facepalm:

RippedmyFlesh
10-26-2012, 09:21 AM

I know you'd think there would be at least like 1 flea flicker or some tipped ball fluke for over 40.

BigCatDaddy
10-26-2012, 09:22 AM

That's arena football

kaplin42
10-26-2012, 09:31 AM

Yeah, I was going to quote the whole paragraph.

It would be one thing to find a quarterback, it would be another to actually lead during a game. The Chiefs have yet to do that this season, the longest any team since 1983 has gone without having a lead during a game. In all but one of their games, even the one in which they rallied to beat the Saints in OT, the Chiefs have been behind by at least 18 points. They are the only team this season that has yet to produce a passing play of more than 40 yards. Having a quarterback might not be everything, but it would be a huge help.

:clap: ROFL :shake: :( :spock:

DJ's left nut
10-26-2012, 10:04 AM
I know you'd think there would be at least like 1 flea flicker or some tipped ball fluke for over 40.

Hell, a YAC play generally happens every few weeks that will get you somwhere near there. With a guy like Bowe, they're not that hard.

Then again, you'd have to hit a guy in stride so he doesn't lose his momentum to pull that off.

It's impossible to overstate how awful Matt Cassel has been.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Spread the news by all means possible.

Oz_Chief
10-26-2012, 11:23 AM

Totally agree. Draft a probable winner. Try again if it does not work. It is all part of the game.

TEX
10-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Year 4 of Pioli...ROFL

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Pathetic....

Doug Hudson in the seventh round in 1987; Danny McManus in the 11th round in 1988; Mike Elkins in the second round in 1989; Matt Blundin in the second round in 1992; Steve Matthews in the seventh round in 1994; Steve Stenstrom in the fourth round in 1995; Pat Barnes in the fourth round in 1997; James Kilian in the seventh round in 2005; Brodie Croyle in the third round in 2006; and Stanzi in the fifth round in 2011

To be fair to Carl, the 90's pretty much sucked major donkey dick when it came to quarterbacks in the NFL in general. Its why Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson and 100 year old John Elway won Super Bowls in the last part of the decade and early 2000s.

Carl really did want a quarterback and would have took him in the first round, but the trouble was he wouldn't commit to the NFL since he was also a NBA first rounder. Charlie Ward would have sat behind Montana and then took over. Ward was the quarterback of today in the early 90s. Just think the Chiefs could have been ahead of the curve for once.
http://www.sportsblink.com/product_images/charlie-ward-florida-state-seminoles-autographed-action-photograph-heisman-champs-inscriptions-3388562.jpg

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Carl Peterson. Bravo.

SNR
10-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Reading this stuff from the national media just pisses me off more than fucking ever.

The fans are owed a public apology for this shit farce from both Carl Peterson AND Scott Pioli. Unfortunately that's something we will never get.

Fuck this franchise. Fuck them.

SNR
10-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Pat Barnes 1997
James Killian 2005

We didn't draft a single fucking QB ONCE in 8 years. Not even a fucking shit ass 7th round year-one training camp cut.

Fuck you, Carl.

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Reading this stuff from the national media just pisses me off more than ****ing ever.

The fans are owed a public apology for this shit farce from both Carl Peterson AND Scott Pioli. Unfortunately that's something we will never get.

**** this franchise. **** them.

This is on the ownership.

SNR
10-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Lamar can't get an apology out to us.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Pat Barnes 1997
James Killian 2005

We didn't draft a single fucking QB ONCE in 8 years. Not even a fucking shit ass 7th round year-one training camp cut.

Fuck you, Carl.

Given their draft positions over the year, who should they have drafted and who would have made a difference?

The posts are long gone but back in 2001, I was heavily in favor of Drew Brees with the #12 overall pick. I have a good friend that played D-I football as a CB that was at Purdue at the time working towards his MBA and we'd talk about Brees frequently. He thought he was going to be a stellar NFL QB, and apparently, he was right.

But other than Brees, I can't remember wanting a QB during most of Carl's tenure. I was happy with DeBerg, Montana, Bono, Grbac and Gannon before Green came to town. I didn't like Dave Krieg and apparently, Carl & Marty didn't, either.

All of those guys were good enough to win a Super Bowl at that time but unfortunately, the Chiefs lacked the major component necessary in the 90's: A great or Hall of Fame running back.

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Lamar can't get an apology out to us.

And so, what has changed since Lamar's death?

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2012, 01:39 PM
From 1997 to 2005, we were pretty much set at backup quarterback as well. 1997 we had Gannon and Pat Barnes. Cut Barnes in 1998 for Todd Collins. Signed Warren Moon in 99 to replace Gannon, same in 2000. Then we traded for Green in 2001. Jonathan Quinn and Damon Huard were the third stringers until 2005. It would have been nice to take a flyer on a quarterback late but we were pretty solid on the depth chart.

lcarus
10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Trent Green is a fucking rockstar compared to every QB the Chiefs have had in my lifetime not named Joe Montana.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Trent Green is a fucking rockstar compared to every QB the Chiefs have had in my lifetime not named Joe Montana.

Or Dawson..

Jeez...how utterly sad and pathetic we are.

SNR
10-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Given their draft positions over the year, who should they have drafted and who would have made a difference?

The posts are long gone but back in 2001, I was heavily in favor of Drew Brees with the #12 overall pick. I have a good friend that played D-I football as a CB that was at Purdue at the time working towards his MBA and we'd talk about Brees frequently. He thought he was going to be a stellar NFL QB, and apparently, he was right.

But other than Brees, I can't remember wanting a QB during most of Carl's tenure. I was happy with DeBerg, Montana, Bono, Grbac and Gannon before Green came to town. I didn't like Dave Krieg and apparently, Carl & Marty didn't, either.

All of those guys were good enough to win a Super Bowl at that time but unfortunately, the Chiefs lacked the major component necessary in the 90's: A great or Hall of Fame running back.Draft position is irrelevant. In eight years not ONE SINGLE QB was drafted. Not just first or second rounders. Not a single QB. Not one. It's almost like we acquired Trent Green and then Carl Peterson said, "Well, there's our QB for the next 5 years at least! Guess we don't have to do shit about the position until then!"

Most of the blame for that rests on Gunther Cunningham, I think, who not only said, "We'll stick with Grbac over Gannon, thank you very much" but then didn't bother with shit, believing that Elvis Grbac was totally adequate and good enough to lead his team. Remember, the season before Marty benched Grbac for sucking too much ass. That would be like the Chiefs getting a new coach who said, "Yeah... let's just tweak the roster a bit and roll with Matt. He's good enough to protect the football and win us a few games."

1999 was Gunther's first year, and that was also the supposed "year of the QB". The Chiefs missed out on the first four guys, but you can't tell me they didn't have an extremely glaring need at the position. A trade up from the 14th to the 10th pick or something like that would have been absolutely feasible to nab Daunte Culpepper. Instead, we got John fucking Tait.

That kind of complacency is fucking inexcusable.

arrowheadnation
10-26-2012, 02:11 PM
I just read the high points of this post to my dad and we are in disbelief. Are Dawson, Montana, and Green the only qb's we've had that have been worth a shit? Maybe Grbac? It never seemed that bad. Jesus...

Pestilence
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM

All of those guys were good enough to win a Super Bowl at that time but unfortunately, the Chiefs lacked the major component necessary in the 90's: A great or Hall of Fame running back.

I thought you hated Joe Montana...

whoman69
10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
He's a little late to the party, only making a diagnosis after the patient was on its death bed.

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2012, 02:21 PM

Thats milkman.

Pestilence
10-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Thats milkman.

I'm pretty sure that Dane hates him as well.

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 02:25 PM

the pass to J Charles went for 39, that's why everyone was cheering

Chocolate Hog
10-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Carl really did want a quarterback and would have took him in the first round, but the trouble was he wouldn't commit to the NFL since he was also a NBA first rounder. Charlie Ward would have sat behind Montana and then took over. Ward was the quarterback of today in the early 90s. Just think the Chiefs could have been ahead of the curve for once.
http://www.sportsblink.com/product_images/charlie-ward-florida-state-seminoles-autographed-action-photograph-heisman-champs-inscriptions-3388562.jpg

Fuck him!

DTLB58
10-26-2012, 02:56 PM

Yep, That's why I haven't been saying Scott and RAC have to go (not that, that's not the case) but, "Clark must Sell"!

How long are we going to be fool fans?

HemiEd
10-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I just read the high points of this post to my dad and we are in disbelief. Are Dawson, Montana, and Green the only qb's we've had that have been worth a shit? Maybe Grbac? It never seemed that bad. Jesus...

I had it in my sig for a while, 52 years of not being successful at drafting a QB, period.

Yeah, I know Fuller had a little success, but not really.

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Yep, That's why I haven't been saying Scott and RAC have to go (not that, that's not the case) but, "Clark must Sell"!

How long are we going to be fool fans?

Roughnecks in the house now -- y'all need to keep making noise & hope JW can bring the wood like he does.

History will repeat itself if the Hunt fam continues absentee ownership. As a NYC native and a NYG fan since the sixties, I can tell you ownership is what has made Big Blue a tough, competitive team for almost a century. The Mara fam is what NFL ownership looks up to.

I liked Lamar and his contributions to football, but it was never connected to the Chiefs per se, rather the Chiefs were his "chips" to sit at the table imo. He was a man with vision -- entertainment vision, not football vision.

HemiEd
10-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that Dane hates him as well.

Excuse me, but it is milkman and myself that were pissed when the Chiefs traded for Montana. We would have been even more pissed if we would have known that was going to bring GoChiefs to being a Chiefs fan.

It was 2 decades of fail, then the team was finally in position and you trade your opportunity for a long term answer, for a broken Montana.

I should have known then they would never pull the trigger on a 1st round QB again.

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Excuse me, but it is milkman and myself that were pissed when the Chiefs traded for Montana. We would have been even more pissed if we would have known that was going to bring GoChiefs to being a Chiefs fan.

It was 2 decades of fail, then the team was finally in position and you trade your opportunity for a long term answer, for a broken Montana.

I should have known then they would never pull the trigger on a 1st round QB again.

LMAO I always thought misery loves company. Guess that's not always true.

KC Tattoo
10-26-2012, 03:12 PM
well, i think they have to make some sort of effort other than pulling a rabbit out of the hat. My guess is the fans on this board have already done more homework about this year's class than someone in the Chiefs organziation

LMAO From Pioli statements he hasn't even looked at the QB class this year. What you say is true. That just showes he was putting all his eggs and belief in Cassell to get this team going. What and fucking idiot.

Another thing they didn't make a QB change until it was pointed out that Pioli was in control of who starts yet he denied the alogations even though the back ups are shit too.

ChiefsCountry
10-26-2012, 03:15 PM

Carl had a plan for the future at the time but it chose basketball instead of football.

HemiEd
LMAO I always thought misery loves company. Guess that's not always true.

Not when it leads to more misery. :D

DaneMcCloud

I hated him as 49er and stomached him as a Chief.

That said, the Chiefs did take a QB in the second round of the 1992 draft that they thought would learn from Montana and be the QTOTF.

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 03:16 PM
Roughnecks in the house now -- y'all need to keep making noise & hope JW can bring the wood like he does.

History will repeat itself if the Hunt fam continues absentee ownership. As a NYC native and a NYG fan since the sixties, I can tell you ownership is what has made Big Blue a tough, competitive team for almost a century. The Mara fam is what NFL ownership looks up to.

I liked Lamar and his contributions to football, but it was never connected to the Chiefs per se, rather the Chiefs were his "chips" to sit at the table imo. He was a man with vision -- entertainment vision, not football vision.

BTW- You made a good case for my statement:D

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Draft position is irrelevant. In eight years not ONE SINGLE QB was drafted. Not just first or second rounders. Not a single QB. Not one. It's almost like we acquired Trent Green and then Carl Peterson said, "Well, there's our QB for the next 5 years at least! Guess we don't have to do shit about the position until then!"

How could you blame them?

Peterson drafted two second round QB's that bust. He traded for Montana, signed Bono, Gannon and Grbac. There were signs in 1997 that Elvis would be the QB for the next decade, so there was no reason to draft a QB in 1998-2000. Todd Collins, a former first round pick and Buffalo starter was signed as the backup.

In the 90's, the league was dominated by running backs. THAT was the position. Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, etc. and so on. That was the unattainable position.

Also, Trent Green needed a massive amount of help around him. The WR position was weak, he needed upgrades on the offensive line and of course, the defense sucked fucking ass.

I think it would have been foolish in 2004 for Peterson to package up his draft for Eli, Rivers or Ben when Trent Green was capable of leading a team to the Super Bowl.

Most of the blame for that rests on Gunther Cunningham, I think, who not only said, "We'll stick with Grbac over Gannon, thank you very much" but then didn't bother with shit, believing that Elvis Grbac was totally adequate and good enough to lead his team. Remember, the season before Marty benched Grbac for sucking too much ass. That would be like the Chiefs getting a new coach who said, "Yeah... let's just tweak the roster a bit and roll with Matt. He's good enough to protect the football and win us a few games."

1999 was Gunther's first year, and that was also the supposed "year of the QB". The Chiefs missed out on the first four guys, but you can't tell me they didn't have an extremely glaring need at the position. A trade up from the 14th to the 10th pick or something like that would have been absolutely feasible to nab Daunte Culpepper. Instead, we got John fucking Tait.

While Culpepper may or may not have been a better selection than Tait, the Chiefs needed a starting left tackle. And keep in mind, the rule changes that really affected the passing game hadn't really gone into effect in 1999. The NFL was still a "Run First" league in most cases.

I have a hard time faulting Peterson for not choosing a first round QB before 2006.

HemiEd
10-26-2012, 03:34 PM
BTW- You made a good case for my statement:D

I have said it many times on here that I think Lamar must have put it in the Chiefs "bylaws" no more drafting of QBs in the first round.

I don't think Marty really had a clue what he wanted to do at QB in the early 90s. One year it was DeBerg, next year Krieg and draft Blunden, then trade for Montana. It had me confused and still does.

KC Tattoo
10-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Pat Barnes 1997
James Killian 2005

We didn't draft a single ****ing QB ONCE in 8 years. Not even a ****ing shit ass 7th round year-one training camp cut.

**** you, Carl.

Then we went 6 years from drafting a third round QB with injury proninites with Brodie Croyle 2005 to a 5th rounder in Ricky Stanzi 2011.

Pioli did the same things that Carl Peterson did only did them worse.

He gave Cassell elite money before he could prove he was worthless at the position and didn't have a back up plan or a quality QB to take his place. Again negglecting the draft for a QB prospect just like Carl Peterson did in his time here.

KCTitus
10-26-2012, 04:24 PM
...While Culpepper may or may not have been a better selection than Tait, the Chiefs needed a starting left tackle. And keep in mind, the rule changes that really affected the passing game hadn't really gone into effect in 1999. The NFL was still a "Run First" league in most cases.

I have a hard time faulting Peterson for not choosing a first round QB before 2006.

It's funny...when it was a running league, KC had the worst record in the NFL for 1000 yard rushers. Even with Okoye and before that Delaney, the entire Marty years had no real 'go to' speed back. He had flashes from a few guys, but not the elite in the league. He made do with a stable of FB's and also ran RB's. Then after the rules changed, KC's had awesome RB's but no QB save for Green.

It's a shame really. Today's league so favors having a good QB it's not funny and KC's mired in this Cassel mess.

Had Peterson not signed Montana, this team would be almost 40 years w/o a playoff win.

KC Tattoo
10-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I hated him as 49er and stomached him as a Chief.

That said, the Chiefs did take a QB in the second round of the 1992 draft that they thought would learn from Montana and be the QTOTF.

I had high hopes about Matt Blundin & wanted to see him play not Montana. Matt Blundin had four passes four passes to be judged on & then they flat out gave up on him. I don't know where he went after KC and apparently didn't get a shot anywhere else or take advantage of getting a shot? I still had high hopes that he was our QBotf. I fealt then that the Chiefs just didn't put the work in with him during practice as they did the other QBs.

KChiefer
10-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Holy Jesus. Reading it I thought it was a typo. "They meant playoff win right?" NO. A Chiefs drafted QB hasn't won them a game in 25 years.

"Pardon me, do you have any antifreeze?"

L.A. Chieffan
10-26-2012, 05:54 PM
Schefter is not a good writer

SNR
10-26-2012, 06:27 PM
How could you blame them?

Peterson drafted two second round QB's that bust. He traded for Montana, signed Bono, Gannon and Grbac. There were signs in 1997 that Elvis would be the QB for the next decade, so there was no reason to draft a QB in 1998-2000. Todd Collins, a former first round pick and Buffalo starter was signed as the backup.

In the 90's, the league was dominated by running backs. THAT was the position. Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas, etc. and so on. That was the unattainable position.

Also, Trent Green needed a massive amount of help around him. The WR position was weak, he needed upgrades on the offensive line and of course, the defense sucked fucking ass.

I think it would have been foolish in 2004 for Peterson to package up his draft for Eli, Rivers or Ben when Trent Green was capable of leading a team to the Super Bowl.

While Culpepper may or may not have been a better selection than Tait, the Chiefs needed a starting left tackle. And keep in mind, the rule changes that really affected the passing game hadn't really gone into effect in 1999. The NFL was still a "Run First" league in most cases.

1. Elvis never really proved himself to this team. He was injured half of 1997 and sucked shit in 1998. Couldn't even play ball control game manager properly.

2. Todd Collins was a 2nd round pick of Buffalo, not a first.

3. I still don't think you get my point. At least in 1988-1997 Carl spent picks on QBs. 7th rounders here and there, but he kept going back every other year to see what this or that guy could do. None of them just happened to work out.

I don't care if the forward pass was still illegal in the 90s. To not draft a single position for 8 years is irresponsible and just plain dumb.

Chocolate Hog
10-26-2012, 06:35 PM
The Chiefs were legit contenders from 93-98 it would have been hard to draft a rookie during that time.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2012, 07:04 PM
1. Elvis never really proved himself to this team. He was injured half of 1997 and sucked shit in 1998. Couldn't even play ball control game manager properly.

2. Todd Collins was a 2nd round pick of Buffalo, not a first.

3. I still don't think you get my point. At least in 1988-1997 Carl spent picks on QBs. 7th rounders here and there, but he kept going back every other year to see what this or that guy could do. None of them just happened to work out.

I don't care if the forward pass was still illegal in the 90s. To not draft a single position for 8 years is irresponsible and just plain dumb.

Carl didn't take over until the 1989 season.

And I have to disagree: The Chiefs failed miserably to find defensive playmakers after DT's death and it would have been irresponsible to spend (or waste) a draft pick on a QB when they felt the offensive side of the ball was championship caliber .

DeezNutz
10-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Carl didn't take over until the 1989 season.

And I have to disagree: The Chiefs failed miserably to find defensive playmakers after DT's death and it would have been irresponsible to spend (or waste) a draft pick on a QB when they felt the offensive side of the ball was championship caliber .

This is the logic that caused us not even to consider a QB in '05, which looks like, arguably, the biggest draft mistake in franchise history, given the way things have played out since '06.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2012, 07:24 PM
This is the logic that caused us not even to consider a QB in '05, which looks like, arguably, the biggest draft mistake in franchise history, given the way things have played out since '06.

That's why in my initial post, I mentioned this year specifically.

Carl should have known that a 35 year old QB wasn't going to last much longer.

DeezNutz
10-26-2012, 07:35 PM
That's why in my initial post, I mentioned this year specifically.

Carl should have known that a 35 year old QB wasn't going to last much longer.

Well, then that's why you're right.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Well, then that's why you're right.

I would have preferred Rodgers to Johnson in 2005 but in all honesty, I have my doubts that he would be the same QB for the Chiefs as he is for the Packers.

BossChief
10-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Thats milkman.

I would have preferred Rodgers to Johnson in 2005 but in all honesty, I have my doubts that he would be the same QB for the Chiefs as he is for the Packers.

Who knows how things could have played out with Rodgers taking the reigns after Trent went down on opening day against the Bengals in Aarons second year.

We might have won a championship with him by now, or he could have ended up the next Brady Quinn.

AussieChiefsFan
10-26-2012, 10:00 PM

I would. I mean it'd be depressing that our 1st 1st round QB in a long time failed but Id be glad they tried.

BossChief
10-26-2012, 10:11 PM
I fucking HATE Landry Jones almost as much as Cassel (as a football player) but even if they made the mistake of taking him in the first round, I would feel a hell of a lot better than if they took any other position instead.

3 years for him and if it doesn't work out, swing again.

And again

And again until we get our guy that invokes "THE CHIEFS WAY"

Dave Lane
10-27-2012, 05:37 AM
Why are they saying Blackledge was drafted in 1987? He was drafted in 1983 and we passed in Marino and Kelly for him. It's even a further fail that the article says.

notorious
10-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Our coaches would have ran Rodgers into the ****ing ground.

He would have had to complete 3rd and 8 passes on every drive because Herm's offensive philsophy was ****ing idiotic.

How soon you guys forget how horrible Herm was. And to think, some people here wishes he would have gotten another year. :facepalm:

Crush
10-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Why are they saying Blackledge was drafted in 1987? He was drafted in 1983 and we passed in Marino and Kelly for him. It's even a further fail that the article says.

Blackledge last played in 1987.

milkman
10-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Mike Livingston who went 6-0 filling in for Lenny was the most important qb ever drafted by this team. He didn't do squat after that year but helped us get a ring.
A backup qb with a lifetime record of 31-43-1 may be the best qb ever drafted by the chiefs.

Mike Livingston was crap in '69.

That '69 Chiefs team was essentially the '85 Bears, with a QB that was worse than Jim McMahan starting 6 games in the middle of the season.

That '85 Bears D allowed an average of 12.4 points per game.

That '69 Chiefs D allowed an average of 12.6 points per game.

No one ever talks about that D, but they were every bit as good as that Bears D.

siberian khatru
10-27-2012, 09:12 AM
I ****ing HATE Landry Jones almost as much as Cassel (as a football player) but even if they made the mistake of taking him in the first round, I would feel a hell of a lot better than if they took any other position instead.

And again

I'm afraid if we get a bust, the lesson won't be to keep drafting a QB until you hit the right one, but rather "SEE! SEE! IT'S TOO RISKY!" and it will be another 30 years before we draft a first-round QB. And by then I won't care, because I'll be dead.

notorious
10-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Landry really is a piece of shit QB though. It's not a risk to draft him; It's just flat out stupidity.

philfree
10-27-2012, 09:29 AM
I ****ing HATE Landry Jones almost as much as Cassel (as a football player) but even if they made the mistake of taking him in the first round, I would feel a hell of a lot better than if they took any other position instead.

And again

I would think that when we draft a QB that we will be prepared to give him more than three years of development before we give up on him. If we draft a QB you'd better be prepared for it to go more like Alex Smith. Six years in you'll still be having your doubts but he'll still be the QB.

htismaqe
10-27-2012, 01:30 PM

And again

I absolutely agree with this.

I'm afraid if we get a bust, the lesson won't be to keep drafting a QB until you hit the right one, but rather "SEE! SEE! IT'S TOO RISKY!" and it will be another 30 years before we draft a first-round QB. And by then I won't care, because I'll be dead.

Unfortunately, I also agree with this.

whoman69
10-27-2012, 04:48 PM
So the feeling is even if the Chiefs do the right thing in drafting a 1st round QB, since its the Chiefs they will mess it up.

Douche Baggins
10-27-2012, 04:55 PM
since its the Chiefs they will mess it up.

Pioli will.

BossChief
10-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Pioli will.

He won't be here.

Clark will be ready to give him the boot after the next 3 games of embarrassments.

Douche Baggins
10-27-2012, 06:28 PM
True.

I meant "would."