PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brady Quinn gets chance to turn around the Chiefs

Count Zarth
10-26-2012, 10:43 AM
ROFL

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--lost-in-tebowmania-a-year-ago--brady-quinn-gets-chance-to-turn-around-the-chiefs.html

Brady Quinn spent the Kansas City Chiefs' bye weekend alone at his house in South Florida, cleaning up a giant mess. Leaking fluid, courtesy of a backed-up air-conditioning unit, had infiltrated his garage, which doubles as a weight room. Quinn, instead of working out fresh off his first NFL start in three seasons, was bailing out. He tried very hard not to view the situation as a metaphor.

When Quinn returned to Kansas City, he was still a backup quarterback – but not for long. On Monday morning, Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel called the former first-round draft pick into his office and delivered some unexpected news: Quinn, who'd filled in for the injured Matt Cassel the previous Sunday, had officially displaced him as the team's starter.

"It was pretty surprising, to be honest with you,” Quinn said earlier this week. “We were competing over the bye week, but Matt got most of the reps. So I was surprised, but excited about it, for my career.”

Quinn, who turns 28 on Saturday, hopes to revive a career that stalled in Cleveland, where he arrived as the Browns' homegrown savior-in-waiting five years ago, and got swallowed up by Tebowmania in Denver last season.

Beginning Sunday against the Oakland Raiders at Arrowhead Stadium, Quinn will try to rally his 1-5 team in the same way Tim Tebow sparked the 1-4 Broncos to a stunning division title in 2011. Quinn, who Tebow leapfrogged on the depth chart before becoming the most polarizing and compelling figure of the NFL season, grew weary of the breathless hype and came to believe it played a role in relegating him to backup duty after Kyle Orton was benched.

After the season, Quinn turned down an offer to return to the Broncos – who were still in the process of courting Peyton Manning – and took less money to go to Kansas City, convinced it was time for a change.

Once typecast by critics as a pampered pretty boy, the former Notre Dame star has won over many in the NFL community through perseverance and positivity. One Broncos executive described him Thursday as a "class act," an opinion echoed by several coaches and teammates.

"When you don't have that early success, you kind of get lost in the NFL shuffle, especially as quarterback," Chiefs tackle Eric Winston says. "He's had a tough go of it, and he's bounced around and had to do a lot on his own. Yet he's always positive, always into it and has always kind of waited for his chance and tried to make the most of it. That's probably his best trait."

Last season was especially challenging for Quinn, who had come to Denver in a trade after the 2009 season. Because the Broncos ran such an unorthodox offense with Tebow at quarterback – and opposing defenses adjusted accordingly – Quinn was forced to prepare for possible duty largely on his own, extrapolating what plays he might run against schemes that weren't being highlighted in film study.

"It's hard," Quinn told nfl.com's Jeff Darlington last December. "If I'm going to get in the game, I have to prepare a completely different way. Without giving too much away, we have a different set of play calls that I'd be running."
Looking back, Quinn believes he may have become too unnerved by the situation.

"There were just a lot of things going on that were outside of my control," he said Tuesday. "Sometimes in life we get caught up in the outside stuff and don't focus on the things that matter. Sometimes you get frustrated. If there's one thing I learned, it's that each week I needed to prepare the best way I knew how to prepare myself. It's like being in college. You start to understand how you need to get ready for the test. You start to understand the way you learn."

Two days before the Broncos officially ended the Tebow experiment by acquiring Manning, Quinn decided to spurn the Broncos' contract offer while on his free-agent visit in Kansas City and sign with the Chiefs. Part of his decision came down to a comfort factor with Crennel, who'd been the coach in Cleveland during Quinn's first two seasons with the Browns. He also connected with Zorn, the former Redskins coach who is known as one of the NFL's outside-the-box thinkers.

"I sat with Coach Zorn for about three hours, and I really liked not only his coaching style, but his philosophy," Quinn said. "And I felt like, 'This guy's gonna make me a better quarterback, even if I don't step on the field at all this year.' "

Sitting in his hotel room overlooking The Plaza, a festive Kansas City shopping and entertainment district, Quinn made his choice — then sat alone and wistfully listened to St. Patrick’s Day revelers while waiting for the team to fax him a contract.

“Waiting for the formal written contract, you could hear everyone partying and all that,” Quinn recalled. “Being an Irish kid from Dublin, Ohio, I wish I could’ve partaken more."

"I thought, 'I can't worry about the decision I'm making right now.' You've got to be at peace with it, grow from it. It may take you down a different path than what you expected, but that's OK. I look at it like this: The rearview mirror is a certain size for a reason. The windshield is big – because you should be looking forward most of the time. The rearview mirror is just to remind us of maybe some of the decisions you made in the past so that it can help you make better ones for the future."

Quinn bonded immediately with Cassel, who helped familiarize him with the city and "kind of showed me where to live, right near him."

Because Quinn's girlfriend, former Olympic gymnast Alicia Sacramone, is often out of town (she's currently touring the country as part of the Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions), Cassel and his wife, Lauren, "invite me over for dinner a bunch, and sometimes I bring them food."

When Cassel went down with a concussion in the team's Oct. 7 defeat to the Baltimore Ravens, Quinn simultaneously feared for his friend's well-being and scrambled to warm up on the sidelines for his first NFL action since 2009. With Cassel still recovering the following Sunday, Quinn got the start against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, completing 22 of 38 passes for 180 yards, with no touchdowns and two interceptions, in a 38-10 defeat.

He was told he'd be headed back to the bench when Cassel was cleared to return, but Crennel changed his mind during the bye week, meaning Quinn would prosper at his buddy's expense.

"That’s the worst part about this,” Quinn said. “Matt’s the best person. And it hasn’t just been him and his play — it’s the whole team. Everyone has a part.
"We've grown to have a friendship, so that makes it tough. And it's happened to me before. I can relate. I know what he's feeling. I can encourage him. I'm probably the last person he wants encouragement from, but I've been through this scenario before. You can be a professional, be a grownup about it, and realize that football is only a part of your life, and relationships and character matter more."

When Quinn talks like this, it's easy to see why teammates such as Winston refer to him as "a real cerebral guy." To be fair, Winston also goofs on Quinn for the quarterback's obsession with his physique, saying, "His nickname's 'Hercules.' He's always working out. He's got, what, 2 percent body fat? Believe me, I'm jealous. He's not narcissistic about it, but he's definitely cognizant of it. You see him in the weight room doing extra abs work and planks."

Quinn has made a conscious effort not to be weighted down by the challenges he has faced thus far in his career, staying upbeat in the face of frustration and waiting for his time to come.

"It's funny, looking at things now," Quinn said. "You look at the game of football, and you're going to be handed so many different types of circumstances. The only thing you can control is your attitude. If you say, 'Woe is me,' that's not productive. Or you can say, 'These are the cards I've been dealt,' and play them.

"When things happen, I try to keep it positive. You can be a man about it and confront the circumstances in the face and fight. It's like our team right now. We're 1-5. Look, Denver was [1-4] last year when we made that decision – and that's what it was, a decision – to turn things around."

This is one giant mess that Quinn relishes the opportunity to try to clean up, more gratefully than most people appreciate.

okoye35chiefs
10-26-2012, 10:47 AM
I hope Quinn takes advantage of his first real chance. I do not consider starting for the Browns a chance.

Micjones
10-26-2012, 10:49 AM
I hope Quinn takes advantage of his first real chance. I do not consider starting for the Browns a chance.

For his sake, so do I. It would suck to be a former #1 who ended his career never really knowing if the had "the stuff". Quite a few people have written him off already, but he's only had 13 NFL starts. For a former #1, that's too small a sample size. He may not pan out, but at least he'll get a chance to see if he has what it takes.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I see you 2 turds are in favor of ruining our #1 pick.

SNR
10-26-2012, 10:53 AM
"When you don't have that early success, you kind of get lost in the NFL shuffle, especially as quarterback," Chiefs tackle Eric Winston says. "He's had a tough go of it, and he's bounced around and had to do a lot on his own. Yet he's always positive, always into it and has always kind of waited for his chance and tried to make the most of it. That's probably his best trait."AND SOMETIMES FANS CHEER WHEN IT'S FINALLY YOUR TURN TO PLAY

FUCK YOU WINSTON

KILLER_CLOWN
10-26-2012, 10:55 AM
AND SOMETIMES FANS CHEER WHEN IT'S FINALLY YOUR TURN TO PLAY

**** YOU WINSTON

"Fans that cheer a good play make me sick, I'm just disgusted" /Winston

okoye35chiefs
10-26-2012, 10:57 AM

who said I wanted them to win shitbird?

Fruit Ninja
10-26-2012, 11:03 AM
id love nothing more then for Brady Quinn to pull a Kurt Warner and run the Tables, but i dont think its gonna happen. lol

Pestilence
10-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Even if Quinn actually turned into something (chances are he won't).....I'm still for trading a shit ton of picks to move up and get Smith.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2012, 11:04 AM

who said I wanted them to win shitbird?I hope Quinn takes advantage of his first real chance. I do not consider starting for the Browns a chance..

okoye35chiefs
10-26-2012, 11:05 AM
again... where in there does it say anything about winning?

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Even if Quinn actually turned into something (chances are he won't).....I'm still for trading a shit ton of picks to move up and get Smith.

Yes.

However, mouthbreather doesn't have the balls.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2012, 11:08 AM
again... where in there does it say anything about winning?

You hope he takes advantage of his first real chance.

okoye35chiefs
10-26-2012, 11:10 AM
that could mean throwing for 250 and 2 td's and losing 21 to 24...

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 11:11 AM
More cleansing, painful fire!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!@@!!@@!!

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2012, 11:11 AM
that could mean throwing for 250 and 2 td's

That gives hope to True Fans and The Regime.

Holladay
10-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Why does the media always quote Winston? Is he the only person that will talk to them? He comes off sounding like he has been chief for life. Sickening....

FAX
10-26-2012, 11:24 AM
For his sake, so do I. It would suck to be a former #1 who ended his career never really knowing if the had "the stuff". Quite a few people have written him off already, but he's only had 13 NFL starts. For a former #1, that's too small a sample size. He may not pan out, but at least he'll get a chance to see if he has what it takes.

You know, his really is an interesting case, Mr. Micjones ...

Most intelligent, knowledgeable football fans know that it takes a couple of years or so of playing time for a rookie quarterback to acclimate to the NFL. The game is that different and the speed and competition that much greater. It's almost impossible for a quarterback to hit his stride inside two-to-three years.

Yet, Quinn was essentially written off in Cleveland early on. It's no secret that he performed badly, but those performances were held up to expectations that were probably pretty unreasonable in the beginning. And, of course, you have the fact that Crennel was his HC, the entire Cleveland team was a terrible joke, and he was injured fairly early on.

I can't think of too many quarterbacks (or any player position, really) who doesn't get some form of slack in a situation like that. But it doesn't seem like Quinn ever has.

Even in Denver, he was at the mercy of that totally insane Tebow-mania. I mean, that mess ran Orton off.

I'm sure there have been quarterbacks who have been delivered a super special crap sandwich just as stale as Quinn's but I can't think of one. It's basically just the opposite of the way Cassel has been treated and handled.

FAX

FAX
10-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Why does the media always quote Winston? Is he the only person that will talk to them? He comes off sounding like he has been chief for life. Sickening....

He knows who's cerebral and who ain't.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Anything short of Quinn running the table and winning a playoff game, I'm not interested.

-King-
10-26-2012, 11:30 AM
11-5. Calling it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 11:31 AM
11-5. Calling it.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

TEX
10-26-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks to the "PIOLI PRINCIPAL", the Chiefs STILL NEED WAY MORE than a QB to turn the franchise around. Great job Scott! :clap:

Year 4 of Pioli...ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks to the "PIOLI PRINCIPAL", the Chiefs STILL NEED WAY MORE than a QB to turn the franchise around. Great job Scott! :clap:

Year 4 of Pioli...ROFL

"Another quality 5-tec"/Pioli

TEX
10-26-2012, 11:36 AM

I agree, but honestly look at who his coaches have been???? That hasn't helped him.

TEX
10-26-2012, 11:37 AM
"Another quality 5-tec"/Pioli

Yep. And you know what's sooooooo stupid about the whole deal??? - WE ALL SAW THIS COMING.

lcarus
10-26-2012, 11:38 AM
I'll pull for Quinn but I sure as shit am not expecting anything good. I'd rather he have the shot than Cassel. He had his shot. Plenty of shots.

Crush
10-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm calling it right now.

Raiders 59
Pioli's Shit Sandwich 7

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm calling it right now.

Raiders 59
Pioli's Shit Sandwich 7

ROFLLMAO

Marcellus
10-26-2012, 11:42 AM
How did Winston become the mouthpiece for this team? Go away asshole or at least STFU.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Pissholi's great ambassador to the fans...

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Bitch slapped by CP. That's what I came away with.

BigChiefFan
10-26-2012, 11:57 AM
There's a reason he was shit-canned in Cleveland and Chiefs fans still hold out hope. Heh. He sucks ass.

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 12:01 PM
There's a reason he was shit-canned in Cleveland and Chiefs fans still hold out hope. Heh. He sucks ass.

he's a god compared to the shit this team has rolled out the past 5 years.

Pestilence
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM

Because the coach that drafted him got fired and the new coach was a retard.

BigChiefFan
10-26-2012, 12:09 PM
he's a god compared to the shit this team has rolled out the past 5 years.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. His career QB rating says otherwise. Career QB rating of 65 is God-like, now or how about average of 132 yards passing per game? Quinn is dog shit as an NFL QB.

Micjones
10-26-2012, 12:12 PM
You know, his really is an interesting case, Mr. Micjones ...

Most intelligent, knowledgeable football fans know that it takes a couple of years or so of playing time for a rookie quarterback to acclimate to the NFL. The game is that different and the speed and competition that much greater. It's almost impossible for a quarterback to hit his stride inside two-to-three years.

Yet, Quinn was essentially written off in Cleveland early on. It's no secret that he performed badly, but those performances were held up to expectations that were probably pretty unreasonable in the beginning. And, of course, you have the fact that Crennel was his HC, the entire Cleveland team was a terrible joke, and he was injured fairly early on.

I can't think of too many quarterbacks (or any player position, really) who doesn't get some form of slack in a situation like that. But it doesn't seem like Quinn ever has.

Even in Denver, he was at the mercy of that totally insane Tebow-mania. I mean, that mess ran Orton off.

I'm sure there have been quarterbacks who have been delivered a super special crap sandwich just as stale as Quinn's but I can't think of one. It's basically just the opposite of the way Cassel has been treated and handled.

FAX

Hopefully he'll make good on the opportunity.
He's got a pretty good setup this time around.
I love that Crennel said he didn't want him looking over his shoulder.
Now the kid can go out and do his thing and not stress being pulled.

Micjones
10-26-2012, 12:18 PM
I agree, but honestly look at who his coaches have been???? That hasn't helped him.

Not at all. Still, the NFL is unforgiving that way.
This is a golden opportunity for the kid.
He had better take advantage of it. Who knows if he'll ever get another look as a starting quarterback?

Hopefully Daboll gives him some high-percentage stuff early on and gives him a chance to air it out a bit as the game goes along.
A balanced gameplan won't hurt him either.

the Talking Can
10-26-2012, 12:27 PM
You see him in the weight room doing extra abs work and planks."

ROFL

the hallmark of all great QBs...

TEX
10-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Not at all. Still, the NFL is unforgiving that way.
This is a golden opportunity for the kid.
He had better take advantage of it. Who knows if he'll ever get another look as a starting quarterback?

Hopefully Daboll gives him some high-percentage stuff early on and gives him a chance to air it out a bit as the game goes along.
A balanced gameplan won't hurt him either.

I agree, but damn, he's already been through this with Romeo / Daboll in Cleveland. This Chiefs team looks just as pathetic.

Micjones
10-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I agree, but damn, he's already been through this with Romeo / Daboll in Cleveland. This Chiefs team looks just as pathetic.

It has more offensive weapons though.
And a better defense.

the Talking Can
10-26-2012, 12:32 PM
i hope every single pass quinn throws is an int

-King-
10-26-2012, 12:42 PM
ROFL

Don't know what's so funny. But ok.
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie
10-26-2012, 12:43 PM
I hope Brady Quinn comes out, throws for 500 yards and 5 TD. I hope we run the table the rest of the season and don't draft a QB. I hope Brady Quinn is signed to a multi-year extension and we win multiple championships with him.

That's what I hope. I hope we don't have to rebuild. I hope Pioli really IS a genius and suddenly his draft picks kick ass.

I hope Romeo's defense isn't outdated.

I hope Romeo woke up this morning and suddenly understood how to be an NFL head coach.

I hope every player on this team starts playing at a pro bowl level.

I hope we never lose another game. Ever.

I honestly hope that Brady Quinn kicks so much ass that even casually mentioning Geno Smith's name draws nothing but flaming aids tree ire from every Chiefs fan, because how could someone even have a fluttering thought about replacing the greatest QB to ever don a Chiefs helmet?

I hope all of this happens, starting Sunday.

But I doubt it.

saphojunkie
10-26-2012, 12:45 PM
And a better defense.

Are you sure about that?

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 12:45 PM
The grass isn't always greener on the other side. His career QB rating says otherwise. Career QB rating of 65 is God-like, now or how about average of 132 yards passing per game? Quinn is dog shit as an NFL QB.

and this team is dried up dog shit. the shit is so old, even the maggots are finished with it.

Micjones
10-26-2012, 12:46 PM
I hope Brady Quinn comes out, throws for 500 yards and 5 TD. I hope we run the table the rest of the season and don't draft a QB. I hope Brady Quinn is signed to a multi-year extension and we win multiple championships with him.

That's what I hope. I hope we don't have to rebuild. I hope Pioli really IS a genius and suddenly his draft picks kick ass.

I hope Romeo woke up this morning and suddenly understood how to be an NFL head coach.

I honestly hope that Brady Quinn kicks so much ass that even casually mentioning Geno Smith's name draws nothing but flaming aids tree ire from every Chiefs fan, because how could someone even have a fluttering thought about replacing the greatest QB to ever don a Chiefs helmet?

But I doubt it.

I hope he's slightly better than serviceable.
That way if we do take a QB #1 overall we don't have to throw him right into the fire. AND we won't have to see Cassel again.

BigChiefFan
10-26-2012, 12:48 PM

But I doubt it. Hope in one hand, shit in the other. Put 'em together and what do you have?

Ace Gunner
10-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Hope in one hand, shit in the other. Put 'em together and what do you have?

chiefs fans

CoMoChief
10-26-2012, 01:01 PM

who said I wanted them to win shitbird?

Because the general rule is in today's NFL....if the QB plays well, your team usually wins.

Pawnmower
10-26-2012, 01:03 PM

Clapping shit spatter which gets on your clean hand and you and everyone around you

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 01:05 PM
He was told he'd be headed back to the bench when Cassel was cleared to return, but Crennel changed his mind during the bye week, meaning Quinn would prosper at his buddy's expense.

BEST NEWS EVAR.

lcarus
10-26-2012, 01:39 PM
BEST NEWS EVAR.

Should have said "Crennel changed his mind when Pioli changed his mind when Clark changed his mind"

mikey23545
10-26-2012, 01:47 PM

Your brain?

lcarus
10-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Your brain?

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh ssssssshhhhhhiiiiiiittttttt!!!!!

TEX
10-26-2012, 02:07 PM
And a better defense.

Does he really??? We have 1.5 weapons on this team that we can really count on. Charles, and Bowe when he catches the ball. Our defense is far too inconsistent to count on so I'm not sure the talent is all that much better than it was in Cleveland. I'm not making excuses for Quinn, because I know he's not good - I just don't think Pioli has built anything in 4 years. QB is a problem for sure, but the problems on the Chiefs run much deeper.

whoman69
10-26-2012, 02:16 PM

waffles?

Kerberos
10-26-2012, 03:04 PM
With things being as they are RIGHT now.... Who else here would rather have seen the Chiefs keep Kyle Orton around as to either of these bozo's for the season?

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 03:40 PM
With things being as they are RIGHT now.... Who else here would rather have seen the Chiefs keep Kyle Orton around as to either of these bozo's for the season?

Not me; that might mean wins, and fuck THAT.

Count Zarth
10-26-2012, 03:45 PM

I'm stupid enough to enjoy 10-6 with Kyle Orton.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 03:50 PM

True Fan is True.

TEX
10-26-2012, 03:52 PM

THAT should have been the plan. He was good enough to be competetive and hold us over so we could draft a YOUNG QB. PROBLEM is , there would be no guarantees that the Chiefs would draft said young QB. Come to think of it, there aren't any now either...:hmmm:

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2012, 03:53 PM
After reading that, I will be actively rooting for Brady Quinn from here on out. Sounds like a great fucking dude. Fuck it. Win with Quinn!

Tribal Warfare
10-26-2012, 03:55 PM
FWIW, PTI will be discussing the Quinn situation right now.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2012, 04:02 PM
FWIW, PTI will be discussing the Quinn situation right now.

When? What channel? I'm looking for it now. Thanks for the heads up.

Tribal Warfare
10-26-2012, 04:16 PM
When? What channel? I'm looking for it now. Thanks for the heads up.

They were discussing that tomorrow is Quinn's birthday and they are rooting for the guy to succeed in KC.

Easy 6
10-26-2012, 04:23 PM
I hope Brady Quinn comes out, throws for 500 yards and 5 TD. I hope we run the table the rest of the season and draft a QB at #1 no matter what. I hope Brady Quinn is signed to a multi-year extension and we win multiple championships with him.

Fixed it.

No matter what Quinn does, we HAVE to draft a top QB... at this point its a biological imperative... salmon must make the arduous journey back to their birth spot, caterpillars must metamorph into moths, squirrels must do everything they can to run in front of your car, and KC needs a young hotshot to call its own and groom.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Fixed it.

No matter what Quinn does, we HAVE to draft a top QB... at this point its a biological imperative... salmon must make the arduous journey back to their birth spot, caterpillars must metamorph into moths, squirrels must do everything they can to run in front of your car, and KC needs a young hotshot to call its own and groom.

LMAO:clap:

Easy 6
10-26-2012, 04:34 PM
LMAO:clap:

If Quinn magically flips the switch and transforms into a world beating former #1, awesome, no one will be happier than me.

But ya, drafting a top QB is a matter of principle at this point, it must be done, and if has to sit behind Quinn for a few years thats just fine, it didnt seem to hurt Rodgers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 04:37 PM
If Quinn magically flips the switch and transforms into a world beating former #1, awesome, no one will be happier than me.

But ya, drafting a top QB is a matter of principle at this point, it must be done, and if has to sit behind Quinn for a few years thats just fine, it didnt seem to hurt Rodgers.

It's time. High time. If Pioli is still here and picks another defensive end, I will absolutely disown this fucking franchise until he is gone.

KCTitus
10-26-2012, 04:42 PM
But ya, drafting a top QB is a matter of principle at this point, it must be done, and if [he]has to sit behind Quinn for a few years thats just fine, it didnt seem to hurt Rodgers.

BS...if KC drafts a top QB, no one, and I mean no one is going to want him to sit behind Quinn.

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 04:47 PM

I love how everyone has to make that obvious disclaimer that the odds are stacked against quinn. Well, no shit. god I hate what CP has turned most of us into. Do you want the man to be successful wearing red and gold or not? Everyone knows the chances are he won't, but damn it, I'd love to see the kid live up to his first round status, even if that means we don't get a top 10 pick.

cheering for losing is just CP dumb.

Pestilence
10-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I love how everyone has to make that obvious disclaimer that the odds are stacked against quinn. Well, no shit. god I hate what CP has turned most of us into. Do you want the man to be successful wearing red and gold or not? Everyone knows the chances are he won't, but damn it, I'd love to see the kid live up to his first round status, even if that means we don't get a top 10 pick.

Dude.....I'm one of the top 3 biggest Quinn fans on this board. I just have my expectations tempered. Would I be happy if the dude succeeded and took us to a SB? Fuck yeah. I just realize that with this HC and OC....the chances of him pulling something off are slim to none. They've already shown that they can't fucking gameplan for shit.

Easy 6
10-26-2012, 04:53 PM
BS...if KC drafts a top QB, no one, and I mean no one is going to want him to sit behind Quinn.

ALL of my post is predicated on Quinn literally blowing shit up, beyond that... throw the rook out there, and tell him sink or swim, bucko.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 04:55 PM
cheering for righting this absolute fucking disaster of a franchise is just CP awesome, DaKCManAP-style.

Fuckin'-A, brah.

KC Tattoo
10-26-2012, 05:00 PM
I mean @ 28yo we could have taken fucking Weeden in the draft and be in the same spot in just a few years we are now. I'd like to see Quinn do good for himself fine, but not for the sake of getting a young tallent in the draft that could take us to the Super Bowl relatively in a short few years of becomming a Chief.

I know I would have been happy if we drafted Quinn in the first place when he came out for the draft but as soon he put on another teams uniform that makes him a reject from another team. Another rehash reject picked up by the Chiefs to be our QB savior. When is the insanity going to stop?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2012, 05:01 PM

Pest has turned me into a Quinn fan. I'm gonna root for him to become a franchise QB stud. I don't give a fuck if it's a million to one. And you want to know why I'm better off than most regarding this? Because if he's a winner I'm happy, and if he's a loser, I'm still happy. Either way, this franchise is on it's way to going where it needs to be. And that's winning playoff games. Cassel is gone. DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Pest has turned me into a Quinn fan. I'm gonna root for him to become a franchise QB stud. I don't give a fuck if it's a million to one. And you want to know why I'm better off than most regarding this? Because if he's a winner I'm happy, and if he's a loser, I'm still happy. Either way, this franchise is on it's way to going where it needs to be. And that's winning playoff games. Cassel is gone. DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

When would that be?

Tuckdaddy
10-26-2012, 05:06 PM

They sure are. Quinn is not the answer. This team should be cheered to beat the Raiders at home and Denver at home and that's it. I hope we lose the rest.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 05:07 PM
They sure are. Quinn is not the answer. This team should be cheered to beat the Raiders at home and Denver at home and that's it. I hope we lose the rest.

Realistically, we might, and that's a BIG fucking "might", get a couple of division wins.

KC Tattoo
10-26-2012, 05:18 PM
I would love to beat Peyton****ingManning and with Quinn too. **** yeah I do. I just don't want to ruin our chances at Barkley or Smith. I'd love to beat the ****ing raitards this weekend too but not at the cost of Barkley or Smith. Getting us a QB that can possibly get us to winning Super Bowls and be a team of the decade is what I really really want to make me happy.

I don't really care about short term feel good wins if we can't be domminant team in this sport for years to come. That is what is at stake here. It is verry conflicting and contradicting to exactly what we want. I want to win every damn game but I can want all I want untill we do is a different story.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I would love to beat Peyton****ingManning and with Quinn too. **** yeah I do. I just don't want to ruin our chances at Barkley or Smith. I'd love to beat the ****ing raitards this weekend too but not at the cost of Barkley or Smith. Getting us a QB that can possibly get us to winning Super Bowls and be a team of the decade is what I really really want to make me happy.

I don't really care about short term feel good wins if we can't be domminant team in this sport for years to come. That is what is at stake here. It is verry conflicting and contradicting to exactly what we want. I want to win every damn game but I can want all I want untill we do is a different story.

Damn straight. No True Fan Kool-Aid please.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2012, 05:22 PM
WIN WITH QUINN!!!

KC Tattoo
10-26-2012, 05:42 PM
WIN WITH QUINN!!!

We can beat the raiders this weekend with Quinn, but do you think Quinn can win us a Super Bowl in the near future? Can we match TDs with teams when our defense gets passed on all over the field? Can we beat the real playoff continders with Brady Quinn?

I think it would be a matter of consistancy with Quinn throwing accurate passes that allow the recievers to make plays after the catch. His consistancy is what I'm concerned about him he still throws a very high ball that gets away from him. If he can get that aspect under controll he can be successful but he has a ways to go for consistancy. There are things I like about him and there are things I don't like about him. I think he gives the good the bad and the ugly and that is all going be apart of his game.

Do you think Mr. Flopnuts with Crennel and Pioli in charge that Quinn is going to deliver us a Super Bowl in the next few years?

bevischief
10-26-2012, 05:43 PM
11-5. Calling it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I want some of the good stuff you need to share...

crazycoffey
10-26-2012, 07:35 PM

This is acceptable, I feel very similar. And Pest, I wasn't trying to aim it directly at you, just how everyone always has to put some negative spin on any optimism so they don't get flamed by half the board for being a homer.

J Diddy
10-26-2012, 07:58 PM
WIN WITH QUINN!!!
I'm with you!!!

Well almost. Do you have airplane banners, a website, or a facebook page?

J Diddy
10-26-2012, 07:59 PM
It's time. High time. If Pioli is still here and picks another defensive end, I will absolutely disown this ****ing franchise until he is gone.

If he goes first round d lineman I'm going to start a riot

Tribal Warfare
10-26-2012, 08:55 PM
If he goes first round d lineman I'm going to start a riot

You would care that much what organization does if they retain Pioli? Shit, with the SOC campaign and if they are picking 1st overall it would be quite obvious that they don't give a shit about us or winning if Pioli is still employed here.

Bump
10-26-2012, 09:02 PM

Browns, Chiefs. Is there a difference?

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-27-2012, 07:27 AM

Denver really isn't that good. They should feel fortunate if they get a split :evil:

Chris Meck
10-27-2012, 07:36 AM
It would be nice if Quinn suddenly 'got it'. I ain't gonna hold my breath, though.

CoMoChief
10-27-2012, 08:58 AM
It would be nice if Quinn suddenly 'got it'. I ain't gonna hold my breath, though.

It'd be nice if I won the lottery too

Pestilence
10-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Browns, Chiefs. Is there a difference?

Talent-wise....yes. Coaching wise.....no.

-King-
10-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Talent-wise....yes. Coaching wise.....no.

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ultra Peanut
10-27-2012, 09:51 AM
lol yes, the Quinn era has begun in earnest (for the next seven years)

milkman
10-27-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't give a rat's ass what avenue a franchise QB takes to land in KC, I just want a damn QB.

If Quinn suddenly lived up to the first round hype, great.

But I ain't holding my breath.

the Talking Can
10-27-2012, 10:05 AM
you could take an actual human turd, dress it as QB for the chiefs, and there would be a thread where everyone hopes we win with that turd, that it's fine if we draft a QB and sit him behind that turd for years, and they hope that turd beats the raiders even if it costs a chance to draft a real QB...

crazycoffey
10-27-2012, 10:05 AM
I don't give a rat's ass what avenue a franchise QB takes to land in KC, I just want a damn QB.

If Quinn suddenly lived up to the first round hype, great.

But I ain't holding my breath.

Again, the CP qualifier. ROFL

milkman
10-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Again, the CP qualifier. ROFL

You, my friend, are a dumb shit.

That's not a CP qualifier.

That's a realistic qualifier.

There's generally a reason that a guy sits on the bench behind mediocre QBs.

crazycoffey
10-27-2012, 11:31 AM
You, my friend, are a dumb shit.

That's not a CP qualifier.

That's a realistic qualifier.

There's generally a reason that a guy sits on the bench behind mediocre QBs.

It is not needed. It's obvious the cards are stacked against BQ, but anyone on CP that wants to wish him well (or make any generally positive statement) must start or finish the post with a negative thought, that's what makes it a CP qualifier, fuck stick.

"I hope Brady does well, but I know he won't" - ROFL, shove your own foot up your own ass, Red.

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 11:32 AM
you could take an actual human turd, dress it as QB for the chiefs, and there would be a thread where everyone hopes we win with that turd, that it's fine if we draft a QB and sit him behind that turd for years, and they hope that turd beats the raiders even if it costs a chance to draft a real QB...

There are idiots on my FB page talking about wanting Tim Tebow, and how our rushing attack would be deadly with Tebow and Charles. ROFL

Mr. Laz
10-27-2012, 11:36 AM
it will be interesting to see if the playcalling changes

everyone assumes that it was because of Cassel, but Quinn has the arm to make any throw on the field.

I wonder if we will be more aggressive

of course Quinn is also supposedly a moron

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 11:37 AM
There are idiots on my FB page talking about wanting Tim Tebow, and how our rushing attack would be deadly with Tebow and Charles. ROFL

Awesome.

If it were 1965, we'd certainly win the AFL Championship.

SNR
10-27-2012, 11:44 AM
It is not needed. It's obvious the cards are stacked against BQ, but anyone on CP that wants to wish him well (or make any generally positive statement) must start or finish the post with a negative thought, that's what makes it a CP qualifier, fuck stick.

"I hope Brady does well, but I know he won't" - ROFL, shove your own foot up your own ass, Red.

How I Met Your Mother fucking sucks. And Neil Patrick Harris should have retired his overrated acting career after Doogie Howser.

crazycoffey
10-27-2012, 11:49 AM
How I Met Your Mother fucking sucks. And Neil Patrick Harris should have retired his overrated acting career after Doogie Howser.

I challenge you to a lazer tag dual

Rausch
10-27-2012, 11:49 AM
It is not needed. It's obvious the cards are stacked against BQ, but anyone on CP that wants to wish him well (or make any generally positive statement) must start or finish the post with a negative thought, that's what makes it a CP qualifier, **** stick.

Ready to win an avatar?...

milkman
10-27-2012, 11:50 AM
It is not needed. It's obvious the cards are stacked against BQ, but anyone on CP that wants to wish him well (or make any generally positive statement) must start or finish the post with a negative thought, that's what makes it a CP qualifier, **** stick.

Bullshit.

You are ****ing tool.

If you simply wish him well, without the qualifier, you'll be responding to posts calling you a dreamyeyed homer.

That's true if you are simply talking to a football fan face to face.

But you are too ****ing stupid to realize this, so I won't say anything more to your dumb ass about it.

crazycoffey
10-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Bullshit.

You are fucking tool.

If you simply wish him well, without the qualifier, you'll be responding to posts calling you a dreamyeyed homer.

That's true of you are simply talking to a football fan face to face.

But you are too fucking stupid to realize this, so I won't say anything more to your dumb ass about it.

come on man, that is my fucking point about this place. You HAVE to add the qualifier. That's what I was saying all along, you are not normally this dense bud.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 11:54 AM
How I Met Your Mother fucking sucks

It's the Terrance Copper of television...

milkman
10-27-2012, 11:56 AM
come on man, that is my ****ing point about this place. You HAVE to add the qualifier. That's what I was saying all along, you are not normally this dense bud.

My point, is that it is not exclusive to CP.

crazycoffey
10-27-2012, 11:57 AM
My point, is that it is not exclusive to CP.

I thought you weren't talking to my dumbass anymore about it....

milkman
10-27-2012, 11:58 AM
I thought you weren't talking to my dumbass anymore about it....

Clarification was necessary.

Rausch
10-27-2012, 11:58 AM
come on man, that is my ****ing point about this place. You HAVE to add the qualifier. That's what I was saying all along, you are not normally this dense bud.

Bet...

SNR
10-27-2012, 12:05 PM
It's the Terrance Copper of television...

I WILL END YOU

crazycoffey
10-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Bet...

no

crazycoffey
10-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Bullshit.

You are ****ing tool.

That's true if you are simply talking to a football fan face to face.

But you are too ****ing stupid to realize this, so I won't say anything more to your dumb ass about it.

I hope brady quinn plays well tomorrow. I would love to see it.

nope, not hard to do at all....

Rausch
10-27-2012, 12:32 PM
no

Then shut the fuck up...

crazycoffey
10-27-2012, 12:35 PM
Then shut the fuck up...

Ok

Fruit Ninja
10-27-2012, 12:44 PM
How I Met Your Mother ****ing sucks. And Neil Patrick Harris should have retired his overrated acting career after Doogie Howser.

Have a right to your opinion, but the 10's of millions he's made on the show says differnt. Im guessing he's made about 30-40 million on that show already.

Rausch
10-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Have a right to your opinion, but the 10's of millions he's made on the show says differnt. Im guessing he's made about 30-40 million on that show already.

His bank has me beat...

Fruit Ninja
10-27-2012, 12:48 PM
His bank has me beat...

200-500k per episode, 8 seasons, 24 episodes a season, thats without syndication cash.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 01:08 PM
I WILL END YOU

LMAO

htismaqe
10-27-2012, 01:59 PM
How I Met Your Mother ****ing sucks. And Neil Patrick Harris should have retired his overrated acting career after Doogie Howser.

Dude, are you forgetting about fucking HAROLD AND KUMAR?!?!?

Don't bag on NPH, yo.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-28-2012, 03:44 PM
WIN WITH QUINN!!!

LMAO Poor Floppy...