PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scott Pioli sucks but...I guess it could be worse.

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 03:01 PM
ROFL

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/10/jerry-jones-says-being-owner-leaves-him-free-to-risk-losses-as-gm-i-can-come-back-for-more.html

Jerry Jones says being owner leaves him free to risk losses as GM: 'I can ... come back for more'

One of the reasons Jerry Jones has job security as the Cowboys general manager is that he believes he is free to take risks, also being the owner.

“That is one of the luxuries of my position as owner as well as the ultimate decision maker, general manager and president – I can do that and take the losses and come back for more,” he said this week at Valley Ranch, talking about his management style.

“I have won with that style,” he said. “We are not managing a widow-woman’s retirement account here. In other words, to compete, I think we need to be aggressive. You play the game, you manage the game that way. You take some risks. When they don’t pay off, they look bad. That has happened.”

The conversation began when reporters asked Jones why fans are divided about quarterback Tony Romo. Jones said it goes with the position, with the Cowboys, and with their image.

“We have a pattern of that. We have a precedent of that,” he said. “Aikman didn’t have to have it long because he won it pretty quickly, to his credit. He played at a high level quickly. His predecessors had it, certainly with Roger Staubach. You had it with Danny White. And you had it as far back as Don Meredith. It was so intense, that the criticism probably contributed to an early retirement of Don Meredith.”

Asked why Cowboys quarterbacks get such criticism, perhaps more than quarterbacks on other teams, Jones said, “We push a lot on the table with the Cowboys. Picture going to Las Vegas and putting an inordinate amount on the table with every hand. We do that, and I am a part of that. When you do that and you don’t have the right hand, then you subject yourself to a lot more criticism.”

notorious
10-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Fuck Dallas. They got 3 rings in 4 years.

KCUnited
10-27-2012, 03:04 PM
When Jerry trades to one spot in front of us in April, it won't be funny.

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Fuck Dallas. They got 3 rings in 4 years.

Because of this guy.

http://www.harrywalker.com/images/photos/large/Johnson_Jimmy.jpg

After Jimmy's players left, the Cowboys went through:

1. The Quincy Carter era.
2. The Parcells bullshit era (just like us!)
3. And now they are somewhere in mediocrity hell.

Matt Cassel was really bad...but Jerry spent a 2nd on Quincy Fucking Carter....like a black Matt Cassel with a coke problem...and no brain.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 03:13 PM
The SB wins had nothing to do with Johnson's coaching.

It was smart personnel moves.

JJ did squat in Miami.(Dolphins)

Ace Gunner
10-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Because of this guy.

Matt Cassel was really bad...but Jerry spent a 2nd on Quincy ****ing Carter....like a black Matt Cassel with a coke problem...and no brain.

So, if I follow your logic here, the 'Phins went through the "Jimmy Johnson bullshit era":D

RunKC
10-27-2012, 03:14 PM
I'd take Jerry Jones over what we have any fucking day.

At least he has the grapes to make moves and try to fucking win.

notorious
10-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Because of this guy.

Matt Cassel was really bad...but Jerry spent a 2nd on Quincy ****ing Carter....like a black Matt Cassel with a coke problem...and no brain.

Jones hired him, so he gets the credit.

I think the early success made Jones think he was the smartest mother fucker on earth. Than the salary cap took his one attribute away.

notorious
10-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Jones should thank Minnesota, and the no-salary cap NFL for his success.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 03:20 PM

Yep

bevischief
10-27-2012, 03:25 PM
At least Minnesota is trying not like he Chiefs.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 03:27 PM
At least Minnesota is trying not like he Chiefs.

Huh?

notorious
10-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Huh?

This.

Huh?

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 03:29 PM

JJ did squat in Miami.

Jimmy Johnson made most of those moves.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Jimmy Johnson made most of those moves.

Probably.

He knew talent.

I never thought he was a very good coach.

He's always had good talent and coaching around him.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Seriously, who couldn't coach those 90s Cowboys to a SB win?

Fucking Switzer did it.

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Probably.

He knew talent.

I never thought he was a very good coach.

He's always had good talent and coaching around him.

Only coach to win a SB and a National Championship.

Outstanding coach. Great mix of X's and O's and motivation.

Bump
10-27-2012, 03:42 PM
I'd take Jerry Jones over what we have any ****ing day.

At least he has the grapes to make moves and try to ****ing win.

THIS

Plus he built that new stadium out of his own pocket, that's admirable. I respect NFL owners that have the passion to want to win. Even if they fail, I admire that they at least try because I don't even know what it's like to have an owner like that.

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Jerry Jones has also never drafted a QB in the 1st.

Jimmy was definitely responsible for Aikman. They had college connections.

Jerry also did stupid stuff like pick up Ryan Leaf and Chad Hutchinson and try and turn them into starting QBs after Carter failed.

He is a moron.

DeezNutz
10-27-2012, 03:50 PM
I'd trade Clark Hunt for Jerry Jones in a nanosecond. There is absolutely no doubt that winning drives the latter. Not so sure that this is true for the former.

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 03:57 PM
I'd trade Clark Hunt for Jerry Jones in a nanosecond. There is absolutely no doubt that winning drives the latter. Not so sure that this is true for the former.

Again: No first round QBs since Aikman, and only a single playoff win since 1996.

The Cowboys are a rich, good-looking version of the Chiefs.

Jerry is a power-mad, egotistical jackass. At least Clark has some sense/humility.

Chocolate Hog
10-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Dallas hasn't won shit in 16 years.

oldman
10-27-2012, 04:09 PM

Jerry is a power-mad, egotistical jackass.

Something our GM has in common.

RunKC
10-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Again: No first round QBs since Aikman, and only a single playoff win since 1996.

Jerry is a power-mad, egotistical jackass. At least Clark has some sense/humility.

Dallas also plays in what has been the best division in the NFC the last decade.

We would get raped playing the Eagles and Giants twice a season.

notorious
10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Dallas also plays in what has been the best division in the NFC the last decade.

We would get raped playing the Eagles and Giants twice a season.

We have been getting raped by our division the way it is now.

tk13
10-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Chiefs fans' lust for Jerry Jones is one of the single dumbest things on this forum. The guy hasn't won squat in 20 years, and he's "supposedly" trying so much harder than the Hunts. It makes zero sense. If you want an owner who knows how to run his mouth to the press and meddle in everything, then great, he's your guy.

tk13
10-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Same thing for Dan Snyder. They finally did something right in getting RGIII, but that took them over a decade. If the Hunts did all the penny pinching moves out of pure greed that Snyder did, they would be crucified. But he's a great owner!

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Snyder was smart enough to hire Shanny. Genius move. :p

tk13
10-27-2012, 04:19 PM
No that was definitely a good move, but I fail to understand how these guys who haven't won squat in 2 decades yet supposedly want it so much more are better than the Hunts. If that's true, that just means they're incompetent. Jerry Jones is no different, his stupidity and greed was one of the driving forces of the lockout.

Brock
10-27-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't like his drafts at all. His coaching hires either. Given the resources he has, he's pretty unimpressive.

RunKC
10-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Chiefs fans' lust for Jerry Jones is one of the single dumbest things on this forum. The guy hasn't won squat in 20 years, and he's "supposedly" trying so much harder than the Hunts. It makes zero sense. If you want an owner who knows how to run his mouth to the press and meddle in everything, then great, he's your guy.

I'd like our owner to be more like Jones in the fact that he wants to win and it will do anything to do so.
Cowboys had a problem in the secondary, so they brought in Brandon Carr and paid him and they traded up for their guy.

This organization is too pussy to make such moves in the draft.

theelusiveeightrop
10-27-2012, 04:22 PM
JJ is not afraid to spend. Little to show lately,though.

Red Beans
10-27-2012, 04:23 PM

I agree. At least Clark resembles a real person to some degree. Jerry is a caricature, he's one step away from a reality television career...

tk13
10-27-2012, 04:24 PM
I'd like our owner to be more like Jones in the fact that he wants to win and it will do anything to do so.
Cowboys had a problem in the secondary, so they brought in Brandon Carr and paid him and they traded up for their guy.

This organization is too pussy to make such moves in the draft.

You could just as easily argue that Jerry Jones is a control freak who has to have his finger in everything. Clark Hunt came in and hired what many people believed was the best GM candidate in football to run his football operations and didn't pretend to be a personnel guru.

TEX
10-27-2012, 04:25 PM
I take a guy like Jerry Jones anyday over a guy like Pioli. At least you know every year Jerry Jones is trying to win

Psyko Tek
10-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Because of this guy.

Matt Cassel was really bad...but Jerry spent a 2nd on Quincy Fucking Carter....like a black Matt Cassel with a coke problem...and no brain.

the amazing part is every TV in the nation will get to watch the giants kill them next sunday
and chiefs raiders is available in very select areas

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 04:34 PM

Outstanding coach. Great mix of X's and O's and motivation.

Why didn't he do anything with the Dolphins?

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Why didn't he do anything with the Dolphins?

He didn't mix well with Marino.

They still won 36 games in 4 years.

He's a good coach.

Even "bad" Jimmy was better than any coach we've had since Marty.

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-27-2012, 04:39 PM

Wrong. One other guy did it, and he's been mentioned in this thread.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 04:41 PM
He didn't mix well with Marino.

They still won 36 games in 4 years.

He's a good coach.

Even "bad" Jimmy was better than any coach we've had since Marty.

Still. Any coach could have won with those Dallas teams.

I can credit him with putting the team together.

Period.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Yep.

See if he can figure it out. :)

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Switzer doesn't count, because all he did was win with Jimmy's team.

BigMeatballDave
10-27-2012, 04:49 PM

LMAO

Which proves my point even further.

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 04:53 PM
You dicks. I spent my formative years in Dallas during the Cowboys' glory years.

I know more about those teams than the 92-93-94 Chiefs.

(secret Cowboys fan)

KCChiefsFan88
10-27-2012, 05:25 PM
I agree. At least Clark resembles a real person to some degree. Jerry is a caricature, he's one step away from a reality television career...

Clark is a caricature of the spoiled rich kid who never worked a day in his life for anything. He plays that role quite well as the Chiefs gutless, incompetent owner.

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 05:27 PM
You think an SMU valedictorian never worked for anything?

KCChiefsFan88
10-27-2012, 05:29 PM
You think an SMU valedictorian never worked for anything?

An SMU valedictorian proves what? That Clark was able to beat out the other spoiled rich kids whose parents bought their way into college?

Every position Clark has in his professional life is the result of his last name.

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 05:31 PM
An SMU valedictorian proves what? That Clark was able to beat out the other spoiled rich kids whose parents bought their way into college?

Every position Clark has in his professional life is the result of his last name.

Maybe I'm naive, but somehow being a valedictorian at one of the most prestigious private schools in the entire southern US seems like it would require hard work.

KCChiefsFan88
10-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Maybe I'm naive, but somehow being a valedictorian at one of the most prestigious private schools in the entire southern US seems like it would require hard work.

If Clark wasn't Lamar's son (or H.L. Hunt's grandson), he'd be operating an Orange Julius machine.

htismaqe
10-27-2012, 06:03 PM

ROFL

Getting in to SMU is one thing.

He graduated at the VERY TOP of his class.

Don't be a clueless moron.

milkman
10-27-2012, 06:04 PM
ROFL

Too late.

milkman
10-27-2012, 06:05 PM
At the end of the day, I'm not sure that incompetence is any more desirable than apathy.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2012, 06:15 PM

Yeah, and his Oklahoma players made more money than his Cowboys did.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2012, 06:17 PM
ROFL

Are you new here? My pops went to SMU. Serious bidness.

milkman
10-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Are you new here? My pops went to SMU. Serious bidness.

No I didn't.

I lied.

Pawnmower
10-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Could someone explain how it could be worse

You mean being 0-5?

Or could we actually have a worse team/management/coach?

Or could the stats be worse?

Or by worse do you mean there could be no light at the end of the tunnel...but wait what IS the light at the end of this tunnel?

How could it be worse? Honestly please tell me how this fucking team could disappoint and fail even worse than like the last 5 years or so

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Pawn hath become a traitor

Count Zarth
10-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Could someone explain how it could be worse

You mean being 0-5?

Or could we actually have a worse team/management/coach?

Or could the stats be worse?

Or by worse do you mean there could be no light at the end of the tunnel...but wait what IS the light at the end of this tunnel?

How could it be worse? Honestly please tell me how this fucking team could disappoint and fail even worse than like the last 5 years or so

The OP is clear.

It would be worse if Pioli was dictator for life, like Jerry.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Jerruh is dogshit with the cap to keep him in tow.

notorious
10-27-2012, 07:17 PM
The OP is clear.

Oh JFC.

http://izit.org/sites/izit.org/files/imagecache/Standard_View/sites/default/files/Fire_Window_Fall_2831.gif

DeezNutz
10-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Totally stupid for Chiefs fans to look longingly at Dallas fans. Their last playoff win was when, again? Oh, yeah...:(

MahiMike
10-27-2012, 08:17 PM
I've said before it's too bad we can't pick ownership. Dallas and Jax are incredibly lucky to have the owners they do. And now Cleveland..

Kerberos
10-27-2012, 09:13 PM

JJ did squat in Miami.(Dolphins)

This ALL DAY LONG

Cowboys and Redskins had backup players that were better than most teams starters. Look at the 80's Redskin era.....The Hogs had linemen backups that could have started on any other NFL team.

Salary Cap has proven to be a useful tool to keep people like JJ in check most of the time IMO.

KC native
10-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Not reading the thread.

Jerry Jones is becoming Al Davis part 2.

Edit: Read the thread. Point still stands. Jerruh has a bad habit in recent years of falling in love with great athletes who aren't always the best football players.

Pawnmower
10-27-2012, 10:11 PM
The OP is clear.

OH BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW HE ISNT?????

http://media.steampowered.com/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/0c/0c83fa043edad05ea590510d437534e15442cf45_full.jpg

ChiefsCountry
10-28-2012, 12:01 AM
Plus he built that new stadium out of his own pocket, that's admirable.

No he didn't. Arlington, TX taxpayers paid for majority of it.

Fruit Ninja
10-28-2012, 12:04 AM
No he didn't. Arlington, TX taxpayers paid for majority of it.

yet, he has total control over it for now. He can do what he wants there when he wants pretty much.

Simply Red
10-28-2012, 12:41 AM
I don't like his drafts at all. His coaching hires either. Given the resources he has, he's pretty unimpressive.

I know - I hate him.

KC Tattoo
10-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Is there any way we can get Mark Cuban to buy the Chiefs? If there was any owner I'd like to have it be Mark Cuban.

oldman
10-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Love him or hate him, I'll say one thing for Jones. He's not afraid to pull the trigger to win. I'd have to say the NFC East is, and has been for a lot of years, the toughest division in the NFL. For the most part, the Cowboys have been competitive. Can you say that about the Chiefs?
And yes, can we have Mark Cuban for our owner?

KCChiefsFan88
10-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Too late.

You still haven't explained why you are a friend of FecesKoolAid.

Are you attracted to his fetish for Fat Scott's scrotum?

RunKC
10-28-2012, 11:08 AM
If I could pick any ownership to model after, it's the Packers. They are owned in a unique way that would work here.

milkman
10-28-2012, 11:15 AM
You still haven't explained why you are a friend of FecesKoolAid.

Are you attracted to his fetish for Fat Scott's scrotum?

I don't have to explain a damn thing to your dumb ass.

First, I don't know who or what "FecesKoolaid " is, and second, unlike your dumb ass, I was never on board with hiring Scott Pioli to begin with.

It is really sad that you are too stupid to read and comprehend that simple fact.

RunKC
10-29-2012, 12:55 AM
And this is why Jerry Jones is a better owner than Clark Hunt

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
Jerry Jones: "This is just frustrating. This is disappointing & frustrating. A lot of people in here had a hand with losing this ballgame."

Jerry Jones expects better. Clark Hunt expects $$$

milkman
10-29-2012, 08:28 PM
And this is why Jerry Jones is a better owner than Clark Hunt

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
Jerry Jones: "This is just frustrating. This is disappointing & frustrating. A lot of people in here had a hand with losing this ballgame."

Jerry Jones expects better. Clark Hunt expects $$$

Jerry Jones expects better.

Jerry Jones is willing to do what he thinks is necessary to get the pieces he thinks he needs to win with.

But Jerry Jones is just a bad personnel guy, and he should fire himself as GM and hire someone that can actually evaluate talent.

But Jerry Jones won't do that, so the Cowboys, in spite of all the passion Jones has, and all the efforting he does to build a championship team, will be mired in mediocrity until the day he dies, in all likelyhood.