PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Al Bundy
10-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Looks like James Harden has been To the Rockets for Jeremey Lamb, Kevin Martin and future picks. Plus... this is a general NBA thread.

RunKC
10-27-2012, 09:09 PM
God fucking damnit mother fucker!!!!!

Oh well. We had no choice.

WhitiE
10-27-2012, 09:11 PM
It's good we traded him instead of watching him leave in free agency

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Well...that's a bad trade for OKC. Their team just took a serious value hit today....Harden was one of the best players in the NBA last season when he was on the court (see his rate stats).

Who's going to beat the Heat this year now? The answer would seem to be nobody.

The Bad Guy
10-27-2012, 09:12 PM
I love Lamb's upside, but Martin is a terrible fit there.

Harden is going to be a stud there.

rico
10-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Lol, I was looking for a thread to post this in, but couldn't find one. This was going to be my opportunity to really add something that hadn't been posted already!!! Mr. Bundy, you have ruined my breakthrough, shining moment.

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2011/03/james-van-der-beek-crying.gif

The Bad Guy
10-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Why not make this move at the deadline? I mean, Harden was essential to their success in the post-season. He was a matchup nightmare from the standpoint he could dominate the ball, and he was probably the best at attacking the basket late in games when teams were worried about Durant on the wing.

Kevin Martin is a nice spot up shooter, but he offers little else.

Thunder will be fine, but I think the Lakers are clearly the favorites now in the West.

SNR
10-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Cole Aldrich is involved in the trade too! Why don't you mention that, hmm?

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Who's going to beat the Heat this year now? The answer would seem to be nobody.

The Lakers in the finals maybe.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Cole Aldrich is involved in the trade too! Why don't you mention that, hmm?

Since I have no team to root for I'll again root for KU players and against the Lakers.

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 09:20 PM
The Lakers in the finals maybe.
Kobe and Nash aren't exactly the same as they used to be. Certainly a better chance for them of getting there now, though.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Kobe and Nash aren't exactly the same as they used to be.

No but they're still quite good and Dwight Howard is as good as he used to be. Note I said "maybe."

-King-
10-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Kobe and Nash aren't exactly the same as they used to be. Certainly a better chance for them of getting there now, though.

They are still better than 95% of the rest of the players in the league.

-King-
10-27-2012, 09:26 PM
James Harden traded to Rockets
Updated: October 27, 2012, 11:23 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded Sixth Man of the Year James Harden to the Houston Rockets, breaking up the young core of the Western Conference champions.

Harden
Harden

The Thunder acquired guards Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick in the surprising deal that was completed Saturday night.

Oklahoma City also sent center Cole Aldrich, and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to Houston. Yahoo! Sports first reported the trade.

Harden will become a free agent next summer if Houston doesn't sign him to an extension by Oct. 31, but sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein late Saturday the Rockets intend to sign the swingman to the max contract extension he was seeking from the Thunder before Wednesday's midnight deadline.

The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The Thunder had already signed Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka to long-term deals, and apparently realized Harden was going to want a bigger salary than they would offer..

-King-
10-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Dan Le Batard Show ‏@LeBatardShow

OKC trades Harden to Houston, and sign-and-trades the Western Conference Championship to the Lakers.

okcchief
10-27-2012, 09:50 PM
I love Harden, but once the shock wore off I like the trade. A first from Toronto will be a lottery pick. The first from Dallas could be a decent pick. I like Lamb, and Martin can at least provide scoring off the bench. I love getting rid of Cook, Cole and Hayward.

We now have 2 open roster spots. I think there maybe more trades coming. If we stay pat, we won't be as good this year, but the long term looks better.

They offered him 55 today and he took 60 from the Rockets. Really, don't understand it from Hardens perspective at all. I guess he wants to be the man. We'll see how he handles it

The Bad Guy
10-27-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't know about the Toronto lottery thing. I like the squad they have put together. Really good PG, front court is upgraded with the young center that I can't spell his name.

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 09:57 PM
They are still better than 95% of the rest of the players in the league.
True. But that 5% includes LeBron and Wade.

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't know about the Toronto lottery thing. I like the squad they have put together. Really good PG, front court is upgraded with the young center that I can't spell his name.
Jonas Valanciunas, he's looking like a serious improvement. I'd expect them to win 35-40 games, which is as good as they've been in 5-6 years and might be good enough to get them in the playoffs.

Fruit Ninja
10-27-2012, 10:05 PM
I thought they would give that team at least a few years. I guess Harden wanted to start. i really cant blame him and his stance, but damn, as a laker fan, this is great.

Anyways, season starts in 2 days, lets do it!

LAKERS!

SNR
10-27-2012, 10:10 PM

Bargnani?

Ted Theodore Logan
10-27-2012, 10:14 PM
True. But that 5% includes LeBron and Wade.

Lol! What team other than the Celtics have won 16 Championships? Oh that's right...THE LAKE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And number 17 coming soon...Also Ive been hearing your boy LeBron may become a Laker next year...He knows the place to go to win multiple CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okcchief
10-27-2012, 10:17 PM
I think I'm more concerned about how this effects chemistry than anything. Harden isn't a good defender, and not a max guy IMO. Westbrook and Ibaka took a little less to keep it together. I'm pretty shocked Harden wasn't willing to do so. It's better to trade him with 3 throw away players now for a couple of scorers, and give yourself time to play together than do it midseason. Then you have a couple of picks to package or keep.

It will be interesting to see how Harden handles the spotlight. I really like the guy and hope he succeeds.

I thought the Lakers were the favorites in the West anyway, so nothing changes there.

SNR
10-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Lol! What team other than the Celtics have won 16 Championships? Oh that's right...THE LAKE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And number 17 coming soon...Also Ive been hearing your boy LeBron may become a Laker next year...He knows the place to go to win multiple CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!When Kobe and Nash retire, a Lebron/Howard team would look like ass. No better than any of his Cleveland teams if Lebron can't have another guy on his team that can create his own shot

The Bad Guy
10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
When Kobe and Nash retire, a Lebron/Howard team would look like ass. No better than any of his Cleveland teams if Lebron can't have another guy on his team that can create his own shot

A Lebron Howard team would win multiple titles.

That's 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA. 2 of the top 10 defenders in the NBA. In 2 years, they are also both still under 30.

They wouldn't be the only pieces there either. LeBron has never played with a dominant big like him.

The Bad Guy
10-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Bargnani?

No, Valachenus or however you spell it.

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Lol! What team other than the Celtics have won 16 Championships? Oh that's right...THE LAKE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And number 17 coming soon...Also Ive been hearing your boy LeBron may become a Laker next year...He knows the place to go to win multiple CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoa man, cut down on the exclamation points.

#17 may be coming soon, but I doubt it's going to happen as long as LeBron is playing for the Heat.

SNR
10-27-2012, 10:23 PM
A Lebron Howard team would win multiple titles.

That's 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA. 2 of the top 10 defenders in the NBA. In 2 years, they are also both still under 30.

They wouldn't be the only pieces there either. LeBron has never played with a dominant big like him.
I assume the Lakers would pull off a trade to get another scorer, because they would need it. Possibly get rid of Pau for a veteran somewhere.

The Bad Guy
10-27-2012, 10:24 PM
I assume the Lakers would pull off a trade to get another scorer, because they would need it. Possibly get rid of Pau for a veteran somewhere.

In 2 years, Pau is off the books, which is when LeBron would be a FA.

Of course they would need another scorer.

-King-
10-27-2012, 10:26 PM
When Kobe and Nash retire, a Lebron/Howard team would look like ass. No better than any of his Cleveland teams if Lebron can't have another guy on his team that can create his own shot

Lol no. Dwight has more talent in his pinky toe than the rest of the Cleveland teams combined.

We're talking about teams where Ilgauskas was the 2nd best player after LeBron.

KC_Connection
I think I'm more concerned about how this effects chemistry than anything. Harden isn't a good defender, and not a max guy IMO. Westbrook and Ibaka took a little less to keep it together. I'm pretty shocked Harden wasn't willing to do so. It's better to trade him with 3 throw away players now for a couple of scorers, and give yourself time to play together than do it midseason. Then you have a couple of picks to package or keep.

It will be interesting to see how Harden handles the spotlight. I really like the guy and hope he succeeds.

I thought the Lakers were the favorites in the West anyway, so nothing changes there.
Harden is a far, far better defender than Kevin Martin (who is really pretty useless outside of his shooting ability).

There's no question the Thunder took a hit at their 2013 championship hopes tonight with this loss. What they do with that freed up money will determine whether it will be a hit in the future years beyond that.

Dr. Facebook Fever
I think I'm going to be a Bucks fan this year. They need a fan.

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Sounds almost as bad as being a Raptors fan.

NJChiefsFan

Good luck.

-King-
Steve Nash will have the only active contract for the Lakers in 2014 (if he hasn't retired already). LeBron and Dwight having max deals still leaves room for at least 1 more top 15 guy and a few MLE type players.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Good luck.

I'm a Royals and Chiefs fan man... do you think I'm concerned with winning?

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Steve Nash will have the only active contract for the Lakers in 2014 (if he hasn't retired already). LeBron and Dwight having max deals still leaves room for at least 1 more top 15 guy and a few MLE type players.
I hope Ron is still around then.

NJChiefsFan
10-27-2012, 10:32 PM

Feel free to start watching hockey and become a Devils fan. We do alright overall.

The Bad Guy
10-27-2012, 10:33 PM
I hope Ron is still around then.

Nope he's gone too.

Think he's an expiring contract in 2013.

The Bad Guy
10-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Harden is a far, far better defender than Kevin Martin (who is really pretty useless outside of his shooting ability).

There's no question the Thunder took a hit at their 2013 championship hopes tonight with this loss. What they do with that freed up money will determine whether it will be a hit in the future years beyond that.

I think the draft picks are the most attractive part. Plus, Martin is expiring so he may have some value at the trade deadline.

Lamb is nice, but how the Thunder adjust late in games will be very interesting.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Feel free to start watching hockey and become a Devils fan. We do alright overall.

I watched a few Blues games several years back (during a good year for them) and really tried. Just didn't keep my interest.

Ted Theodore Logan
10-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Whoa man, cut down on the exclamation points.

#17 may be coming soon, but I doubt it's going to happen as long as LeBron is playing for the Heat.

Wow,you act like Lebron has won multiple titles,lol! He has won only 1 title. Lakers have won 16 CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! LeBron does not worry me.

NJChiefsFan
10-27-2012, 10:36 PM
I watched a few Blues games several years back (during a good year for them) and really tried. Just didn't keep my interest.

It's a diehard sport for the most part. I can't get enough of it. Good thing they aren't having a season.....AGAIN.

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 10:37 PM
I go look at the Lakers roster and I totally forgot they still had Pau Gasol. Yeah, they're winning the West.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-27-2012, 10:37 PM
And once again my Bulls didn't do shit to be taken seriously. Poor Rose.

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Wow,you act like Lebron has won multiple titles,lol! He has won only 1 title. Lakers have won 16 CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! LeBron does not worry me.
He should. He's the best player in the NBA by far, he just willed his team to a championship last season, and he will probably do it again many more times (whether it's for the Heat or somebody else).

Pitt Gorilla
10-27-2012, 10:38 PM
This really ruined my evening. I love Harden.

Ted Theodore Logan
10-27-2012, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=KC_Connection;9055607]He should. He's the best player in the NBA by far

Really? Really. Really?

KC_Connection
10-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Really? Really. Really?
Totally.

Ted Theodore Logan
10-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Totally.

1 measly championship and he is the best in LEAGUE! lol....

okcchief
10-27-2012, 10:44 PM

Kevin Martin will be there 1 year. I know he's a horrid defender. For the overall future of the franchise it's a good move. Hardens not worth 60 Mill. IMO. Maynor is back to run the second team. A spot up shooter, PJ3 and Lamb will still mske the Thunder the number 2 team in the West. IMO we weren't beating the Lakers or Heat with Harden.

okcchief
10-27-2012, 10:46 PM
I go look at the Lakers roster and I totally forgot they still had Pau Gasol. Yeah, they're winning the West.

How the hell did you forget that? Nash and Pau running the pick and roll had me concerned before Howard even came into the picture.

tk13
10-27-2012, 10:46 PM
While the Lakers are no doubt the favorites, I refuse to completely count out any team that has Kevin Durant on it.

okcchief
10-27-2012, 10:49 PM
I think the draft picks are the most attractive part. Plus, Martin is expiring so he may have some value at the trade deadline.

Lamb is nice, but how the Thunder adjust late in games will be very interesting.

The picks are definitely what makes it a damn good deal. I was raging when I just heard Martin and Lamb. Another thing I like is I see Perry Jones gets more minutes now. I REALLY like what I've seen from him.

okcchief
10-27-2012, 10:50 PM
While the Lakers are no doubt the favorites, I refuse to completely count out any team that has Kevin Durant on it.

I agree, but the Lakers are going to be tough for the next 2 years. EVEN for the Heat.

BWillie
10-27-2012, 10:54 PM
I like the trade to be honest. Harden, as good of a player as he is isnt worth a max contract. The Thunder already have scoring. Thats not the problem, so I kinda feel Ibaka was more important to keep. As has already been said, Martin is a nice stop gap player and should be useful as a scorer. Thabo is going to start anyway. Lamb has as much potential as anybody in last yrs draft. Best part about this is the two draft picks.PJ3 looks like a stud in the making. If you let Harden walk, you get nothing. If you do it at the trade deadline you mess up team chemistry. And, I dont buy that the Lakers are a shoe in for the NBA finals. As seen with the Heat, it can take teams luke this a couple yrs to jell right and the lakers just dont have that time. I honestly think OKC got the better end of this deal. Remember this is a Houston team who played Chase Budinger all year, doesnt let Marcus Morris play, and overpaid for the asian tim tebow.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-27-2012, 11:05 PM
It's a diehard sport for the most part. I can't get enough of it. Good thing they aren't having a season.....AGAIN.

I have nothing against hockey, just never had had a team to root for so never got into it. I can't root for teams 1000 miles away. I need a hometown tie to feel the love.

NJChiefsFan
10-27-2012, 11:11 PM
I have nothing against hockey, just never had had a team to root for so never got into it. I can't root for teams 1000 miles away. I need a hometown tie to feel the love.

Its not that bad. Especially today being able to see every game. Hell, 1,200 miles apart hasn't kept me from giving up on the Chiefs even with all the fail.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Its not that bad. Especially today being able to see every game. Hell, 1,200 miles apart hasn't kept me from giving up on the Chiefs even with all the fail.

Like I said without a hometown team to root for I just can't care that much. I'm a KC fan... the city, the teams. The Blues are close now but it wasn't a sport I grew up with (no KC team) so even though I tried I just couldn't get into it. Plus they're from St. Louis and that city really sucks aside from not being my hometown.

NJChiefsFan
10-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Like I said without a hometown team to root for I just can't care that much. I'm a KC fan... the city, the teams. The Blues are close now but it wasn't a sport I grew up with (no KC team) so even though I tried I just couldn't get into it. Plus they're from St. Louis and that city really sucks aside from not being my hometown.

True. Well they did use to be the KC Scouts.

Al Bundy
10-27-2012, 11:37 PM

Join me... be a Golden State Warriors fan. They actually have several good pieces in place, especially if Andrew Bogut can get and stay healthy.

okcchief
10-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Join me... be a Golden State Warriors fan. They actually have several good pieces in place, especially if Andrew Bogut can get and stay healthy.

That's a pretty big IF :)

ChiefsCountry
10-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Unless LeBron gets hurt he will championships until Durant turns 28. That is when the torch will pass.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:11 AM
How the hell did you forget that? Nash and Pau running the pick and roll had me concerned before Howard even came into the picture.
I guess I just found him easy to forget with the other three big names and with Lakers fans always hating on him even though he won them a championship.

NJChiefsFan
10-28-2012, 12:14 AM
I guess I just found him easy to forget with the other three big names and with Lakers fans always hating on him even though he won them a championship.

Sounds like A Rod. I wasn't fully sure where he went either when I went on a 2 month NBA hiatus. The fact that people thought he would be pissed after the almost trade makes you feel he was gone. Add to that getting Howard and its easy to have thought he was on his way out.

the Talking Can
10-28-2012, 12:15 AM
harden isn't a franchise player, that's an excellent trade....OKC found a desperate team and fleeced them...

and harden not wanting to stay on a championship caliber team for 4 mill over the life of the contract is just stupid...have fun failing to meet expectations in houston

being #3 behind durant and westbrook was the sweetest gig in the nba...ego is a terrible thing

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:15 AM
I also disagree that Harden is not worth what he's asking. Only LeBron, Durant, and Paul had a better win share per 48 minute rate than Harden last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2012.html) While that will likely decline with more playing time and playing more of a primary role rather than a tertiary one, he's a great player. If OKC isn't going to give him the money, somebody else will and they'll reap the benefits of his production.

ChiefsCountry
10-28-2012, 12:16 AM

Root for the Blues. They are the Chiefs and Royals all wrapped into one.

-King-
10-28-2012, 12:16 AM

We hate on him because there are moments when he shrinks and just plays awful for games at a time. What's worse are that these moments tend to happen in the post season most of the time.

NJChiefsFan
10-28-2012, 12:18 AM
We hate on him because there are moments when he shrinks and just plays awful for games at a time. What's worse are that these moments tend to happen in the post season most of the time.

He also fills the generic image of a European(especially Spain/Italy) flopping baby.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Sounds like A Rod. I wasn't fully sure where he went either when I went on a 2 month NBA hiatus. The fact that people thought he would be pissed after the almost trade makes you feel he was gone. Add to that getting Howard and its easy to have thought he was on his way out.
I haven't heard Gasol mentioned or read about him in regard to the Lakers at all this month. It's been all Dwight, Nash, and of course Kobe.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:22 AM
It could be worse. He could be Bargnani.

the Talking Can
10-28-2012, 12:26 AM
I also disagree that Harden is not worth what he's asking. Only LeBron, Durant, and Paul had a better win share per 48 minute rate than Harden last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2012.html) While that will likely decline with more playing time and playing more of a primary role rather than a tertiary one, he's a great player. If OKC isn't going to give him the money, somebody else will and they'll reap the benefits of his production.

he's not a #1...his stats don't mean squat to me in the absence of durant and westbrook...they bear the responsibility for that team night in and night out..

we'll find out...

The Bad Guy
10-28-2012, 12:29 AM
harden isn't a franchise player, that's an excellent trade....OKC found a desperate team and fleeced them...

and harden not wanting to stay on a championship caliber team for 4 mill over the life of the contract is just stupid...have fun failing to meet expectations in houston

being #3 behind durant and westbrook was the sweetest gig in the nba...ego is a terrible thing

Harden's getting a lot more than 4 million over the life. He's going to get a 5 year 80 million dollar deal and play in a state with no state income tax.

the Talking Can
10-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Harden's getting a lot more than 4 million over the life. He's going to get a 5 year 80 million dollar deal and play in a state with no state income tax.

The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

is all i've seen reported...

anyways, time willl tell....i think okc bent houston over...very smart move by the GM...he made a legit offer, and then maximized harden's value in a trade

-King-
10-28-2012, 12:38 AM

anyways, time willl tell....i think okc bent houston over...very smart move by the GM...he made a legit offer, and then maximized harden's value in a trade

He'll get a max 80MM deal in Houston.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 12:40 AM

He's not worth a max contract to OKC. We will find out if he can be the man somewhere. Honestly, even when Thabo went down and they tried to start him he struggled mightily. He had a role he was comfortable in and had the light shinning on KD and Russ. I think it's a bad decision on his part. I have watched every game he's played in the NBA and I love his game, and what he brought to the Thunder, but that number you love so much is about to drop like a rock.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:40 AM
he's not a #1...his stats don't mean squat to me in the absence of durant and westbrook...they bear the responsibility for that team night in and night out..

we'll find out...
He's certainly a #1 in Houston. He'd definitely be the #1 for the team that I follow in Toronto. He'd honestly be a #1 in a lot of places...I don't blame him at all for wanting to be paid like a #1 instead of being low-balled by OKC.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:42 AM

He'll be getting $25M more out of Houston. Well worth it for him.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:45 AM
He's not worth a max contract to OKC. We will find out if he can be the man somewhere. Honestly, even when Thabo went down and they tried to start him he struggled mightily. He had a role he was comfortable in and had the light shinning on KD and Russ. I think it's a bad decision on his part. I have watched every game he's played in the NBA and I love his game, and what he brought to the Thunder, but that number you love so much is about to drop like a rock.
But this wasn't really a decision on his part. He just wanted his market value which is completely understandable for a player in his position. It was a decision on OKC's part to deal him and hinder their championship hopes for this season to get something for him.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 12:45 AM
I haven't heard Gasol mentioned or read about him in regard to the Lakers at all this month. It's been all Dwight, Nash, and of course Kobe.

So the guy that constantly talks about people being media sheep doesn't think about a key member of a team because the media doesn't tell him. Got it!

the Talking Can
10-28-2012, 12:46 AM
He'll get a max 80MM deal in Houston.

he's not eligible for an $80 mill contract, as i understand it...where are you getting that number?

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:46 AM
So the guy that constantly talks about people being media sheep doesn't think about a key member of a team because the media doesn't tell him. Got it!
I sense frustration in you. It's abundantly clear, though, that Gasol is pretty much an afterthought on this season's Lakers for a great many.

the Talking Can
10-28-2012, 12:47 AM
He's certainly a #1 in Houston. He'd definitely be the #1 for the team that I follow in Toronto. He'd honestly be a #1 in a lot of places...I don't blame him at all for wanting to be paid like a #1 instead of being low-balled by OKC.

of course he's a #1 if a team signs him to be a #1...that's tautological...

but he's not a guy you build a championship team around, imo...and they'll find that out...

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:49 AM
of course he's a #1 if a team signs him to be a #1...that's tautological...

but he's not a guy you build a championship team around, imo...and they'll find that out...
Houston's not winning a championship any time soon regardless of anything they do. The goals there are lower (as they are for about 80% of the NBA).

okcchief
10-28-2012, 12:50 AM
But this wasn't really a decision on his part. He just wanted his market value which is completely understandable for a player in his position. It was a decision on OKC's part to deal him and hinder their championship hopes for this season to get something for him.

No one ever questioned him being able to get the money elsewhere. They had no more championship hopes with Harden than they do now.

Ibaka and Westbrook took less than max deals. Really, it was his decision.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 12:51 AM
I sense frustration in you. It's abundantly clear, though, that Gasol is pretty much an afterthought on this season's Lakers for a great many.

I get frustrated with your know it all nonsense. There is no doubt.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:51 AM
No one ever questioned him being able to get the money elsewhere. They had no more championship hopes with Harden than they do now.

Untrue. They're a much better team with James Harden playing 30+ minutes a game for them than Kevin Martin playing 30+ minutes a game.

Ibaka and Westbrook took less than max deals. Really, it was his decision.
His decision to take less than a max deal, but not his decision to be traded. OKC could have easily kept him this year.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 12:53 AM
I get frustrated with your know it all nonsense. There is no doubt.
I haven't written any nonsense here or anything worth getting upset over in the fashion that you are.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Untrue. They're a much better team with James Harden playing 30+ minutes a game for them than Kevin Martin playing 30+ minutes a game.

His decision to take less than a max deal, but not his decision to be traded. OKC could have easily kept him this year.

Its not about one year. Besides, how do you know they are staying pat with this lineup? Do they not have multiple attractive picks and a huge expiring contract to dump?

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 01:03 AM
Its not about one year. Besides, how do you know they are staying pat with this lineup? Do they not have multiple attractive picks and a huge expiring contract to dump?
Considering there's like two days until the season starts, this is pretty much their lineup to start this year. What they do in the future is up in the air now, but they obviously won't be adding back a player that can impact the game like Harden can any time soon.

KevB
10-28-2012, 01:06 AM
I respect Presti having the guts to make this decision. I'm also not surprised. I said all along I didn't think OKC would keep all 4 of their key players....cost too much both in $ and flexibility. On the other hand, I don't begrudge Harden for wanting his market value. No bad guys here IMO, and a pretty good deal for both sides. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a really nice come back year out of Kevin Martin now. He'll be re-energized, and he's a good player when healthy. Perhaps the key player now this season is Maynor.

the Talking Can
10-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Houston's not winning a championship any time soon regardless of anything they do. The goals there are lower (as they are for about 80% of the NBA).

which has nothing to do with my point...harden isn't a real #1

if they manage to acquire one sometime, he'd a be a very good #2...regardless, OKC made a great trade getting a lottery protected pick, another first, a proven scorer, and a promising rookie

for the 3rd best player on their team

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 01:11 AM
which has nothing to do with my point...harden isn't a real #1

For OKC, no, he wasn't. For half the teams in the NBA that don't have championship aspirations, yes, he is. And now he's going to be paid like it.

if they manage to acquire one sometime, he'd a be a very good #2...regardless, OKC made a great trade getting a lottery protected pick, another first, a proven scorer, and a promising rookie

for the 3rd best player on their team
There's nothing great about trading one of the most essential players on your prospective championship team for Kevin Martin and a bunch of lottery tickets to save some money. Keep him this year and go out and win a championship...that's what the point of all this is.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 01:18 AM
For OKC, no, he wasn't. For half the teams in the NBA that don't have championship aspirations, yes, he is. And now he's going to be paid like it.

There's nothing great about trading one of the most essential players on your prospective championship team for Kevin Martin and a bunch of lottery tickets to save some money. Keep him this year and go out and win a championship...that's what the point of all this is.

I've watched every game this team and Harden has played since they have been here. This team was not beating the Heat this year with or without Harden. They got a great return and will still be in the discussion for the next 4 years at least. It's not quite the tragedy you make it out to be

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 01:21 AM
I've watched every game this team and Harden has played since they have been here. This team was not beating the Heat this year with or without Harden. They got a great return and will still be in the discussion for the next 4 years at least. It's not quite the tragedy you make it out to be
Why couldn't they have beat the Heat? They got one game off them last summer and played three other incredibly competitive games that went right down to the wire (within a possession or two of going the other way). OKC was very much a team that could have won a championship this year. Downgrading on one of their most important players will not help them do that.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 01:22 AM
If Harden was as good as you think OKC would have shinny rings right now. He played like complete horse shit in the finals and really only had 3 good playoff games.

-King-
10-28-2012, 01:31 AM
he's not eligible for an $80 mill contract, as i understand it...where are you getting that number?

He was only eligible for a 4 year contract extension with OKC, but he can get a 5 year deal with Houston. It's going to be a max 5 for 80 deal.

OKC couldn't give him the 5 year deal because Westbrook already had the 5 year max extension and you're only allowed one per the CBA.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 01:32 AM
If Harden was as good as you think OKC would have shinny rings right now. He played like complete horse shit in the finals and really only had 3 good playoff games.
And if Presti made this decision based on the small sample size of five NBA Finals games, he's a much worse GM than I think he is. But I don't think he did.

BTW, the fact that OKC started losing in the postseason when Harden started playing poorly should probably give you an inkling as to what his importance was to that team.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 01:36 AM
None of this is to say that there isn't a rationale behind this deal for OKC in the salary cap era, but taking a serious step back and breaking up your core the year after reaching the NBA Finals is an odd decision to make just to get some draft picks and save some money.

KevB
10-28-2012, 01:41 AM

If Brooks had played Perkins less.........

Harden is still only 23, very reasonable to think he improves this season with more experience. It hurt your chances this year, but it's an understandable decision IMO.

-King-
10-28-2012, 01:45 AM

That's an irrational way to look at it. Harden had an off series. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

At the end of the day, I think he'll be another Joe Johnson. While good, he isn't a 5/80MM type of player.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 01:48 AM
None of this is to say that there isn't a rationale behind this deal for OKC in the salary cap era, but taking a serious step back and breaking up your core the year after reaching the NBA Finals is an odd decision to make just to get some draft picks and save some money.

We will see where OKC and Harden are in 3 years.

OKC is still a championship contender. Maynor is back, Kevin Martin like him or not can put up 20 a night and play no defense like Harden,, and PJ3 and Lamb have lots of potential. Oh yeah, we have KD and Russ.

KC_Connection
10-28-2012, 02:00 AM
We will see where OKC and Harden are in 3 years.

OKC is still a championship contender. Maynor is back, Kevin Martin like him or not can put up 20 a night and play no defense like Harden,, and PJ3 and Lamb have lots of potential. Oh yeah, we have KD and Russ.
Nobody's saying they're bad or suddenly future-less. They're just saying they took a step back by downgrading from a significant core piece. Kevin Martin isn't even half the player that Harden is.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 07:52 AM
And if Presti made this decision based on the small sample size of five NBA Finals games, he's a much worse GM than I think he is. But I don't think he did.

BTW, the fact that OKC started losing in the postseason when Harden started playing poorly should probably give you an inkling as to what his importance was to that team.

Of course he didn't make it off a small sample size. Every player for the Thunder with the exception of Durant, Westbrook and Collison played like junk in the finals. brooks did a poor job of managing the lineup in the finals. Im not putting the finals on Harden. im just saying he's not a max player. You are looking at a stat and not taking into account every game they play. Harden and Ibaka, for that matter, haven't been consistent enough through 82 games and playoffs to warrant max deals. Harden is a nice player and will continue to get better.

Maynor is back and very important to this team. Harden's role last year was a backup point guard more or less. In previous seasons he was asked to be a spot up shooter a lot more. Kevin Martin will be better in that type of role. PJ3 and Lamb also provide scoring potential. I believe they may take a step back initially, but by years end they'll be pretty tough.

Yes, OKC could have easily won the Finals LAST year, but the Lakers and Heat made significant moves THIS year. This roster needed to be tweaked to stay with them. It may not take effect immediately, but I'm ok with the hand they are sitting.

The bottom line is I was picking a Lakers/ Heat final before and after this.

Al Bundy
10-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Warriors are going to be in the playoffs.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 08:21 AM
I would like to point out that I am disappointed with this trade. I wanted to see these 3 guys win together. Harden was one of my favorite players, and is a really nice guy. It's almost like losing a family member. However, it is a business and Thunder got a lot in return for him. If it had to be done its a great deal.

This was a complete blindside. Harden talked about, sacrifice, not needing a max deal, playing with brothers, dynasty etc. Presti talked about doing everything he can to keep him here. So I pretty much swallowed my tongue when they flashed this up while watching the OU/ND game.

It sucks, but I do trust Presti. I know trusting your GM is a foreign concept around here. Except for the Lakers and Heat fans of course.

okcchief
10-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Warriors are going to be in the playoffs.

If Curry and Bogut can stay healthy I like your squad. I've been waiting for the Warriors and T-Wolves to turn the corner, but you both seem cursed.

Al Bundy
10-28-2012, 08:36 AM
If Curry and Bogut can stay healthy I like your squad. I've been waiting for the Warriors and T-Wolves to turn the corner, but you both seem cursed.

I really liked the Harrison Barnes pick as well.

Pasta Giant Meatball
10-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Warriors, Bucs, and Royal fan. Wierd.

SNR
10-28-2012, 09:44 AM
The Love injury is God's way of punishing a team that would load up on nothing but white players like we have.

We'll be fine with Derrick Williams, but still probably suck. It's not going to be fun.

Al Bundy
10-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Warriors, Bucs, and Royal fan. Wierd.

I know. But I was born and raised in Tampa. In the 70's and the 80's the Royals were always on TV and I rooted hard for them. The Warriors were the team I picked because everyone else in Tampa was either a Lakers or a Celtics fan.

DaKCMan AP
10-28-2012, 09:53 AM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/theybf/June%202012/acf7a0d0.jpg

okcchief
10-28-2012, 10:53 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--inside-look-at-james-harden-s-trade-to-rockets-28301609.html;_ylt=AkME3lWmmT.RfQyTtvzPYF85nYcB;_ylu=X3oDMTQ0aTNpZ2o3BG1pdANGRUFUVVJFRCBNZWdhdHJvbiB TUE9SVFMgRlAEcGtnAzU0OTZmYmMyLWVjN2MtM2ExNC1hZTllLTQ1NDdkZWE3ZGUwMARwb3MDMgRzZWMDbWVnYXRyb24EdmVyA2U wYjhiOWYzLTIxMDItMTFlMi1iNWVkLWZlMjhiYWUyNjVhOQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

SNR
10-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Thread needs more asterisks in the title. Takes for fucking ever to find.

I'm actually not too down on the Wolves this year. Rubio and Love will be out for only November, and they Wolves have a cushy soft schedule to open the season. They only have to worry about going 500 in that span.

Roy is healthy, the only question that needs to be answered is how long can he stay like that, and can he even be HALF as good as his former self.

Kirilenko looked REALLY good in the Olympics, and has been playing his ass off in preseason.

Health is the key, but if we get all our guys back at full strength by the end of the year, this is absolutely a 7th or 8th seed playoff team. I'm pretty excited.

KevB
10-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Opening night tonight. I'm excited for the season to start, quite a few story lines to follow.

Any of you interested in going in on a CP fantasy basketball league? We'd be drafting after the season started, but I don't think that's a big deal. There's some passionate fans on this board (and many passionate against the NBA).....may be fun to have a league for those of us that care?

I'd set a rule that okcchief couldn't have Durant and Dak couldn't have LeBron. :)

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2012, 03:28 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/theybf/June%202012/acf7a0d0.jpg

Fuck the Heat. Hope LeBron chokes on a ham samich.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Definitely pumped for tonight and should be a good matchup.

The Celtics revamped team will be a serious challenge to the Heat this year. With the additions of JET, Courtney Lee and Sullinger they will be alot more athletic than in years past.

Oh and I hope Rondo shows old fart Allen who is boss tonight

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012/02/rajon-rondo.jpg

Chocolate Hog
10-30-2012, 03:39 PM
NBA season is waaaaay too long. Last years was perfect.

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 03:42 PM
NBA season is waaaaay too long. Last years was perfect.

I agree and I enjoyed having games almost every night on TV. They will never go for a shorter season though, 42 games would be perfect and add a lot of drama.

RustShack
10-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters are going to be the best backcourt in the NBA soon, if not this year. Cavs just need to find them a good SF now, and maybe upgrade at C... but they can get by with Andy and Zeller.

Chocolate Hog
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Lol stern fucked up

ChiefsCountry
10-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Ready to get this started. #3 for DWade and #2 for LeBron.

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 06:11 PM
LET'S GET IT ON

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Pierce feeling it

chiefzilla1501
10-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters are going to be the best backcourt in the NBA soon, if not this year. Cavs just need to find them a good SF now, and maybe upgrade at C... but they can get by with Andy and Zeller.

The Cavs are really close. I think next year, they could be a serious contender. They played this situation beautifully, in that they are essentially the OKC Thunder without some of the big names. Great supporting cast for a superstar. This offseason, there is going to be a fire sale of great players being shed by teams who want to avoid the new luxury tax. And Cleveland is in by far the best cap situation to take advantage of that.

Cleveland can probably grab 2 not just quality starters, but superstars next offseason with their cap situation. You add 2 superstars to that team, and that's a scary team.

RustShack
10-30-2012, 06:28 PM
The Cavs are really close. I think next year, they could be a serious contender. They played this situation beautifully, in that they are essentially the OKC Thunder without some of the big names. Great supporting cast for a superstar. This offseason, there is going to be a fire sale of great players being shed by teams who want to avoid the new luxury tax. And Cleveland is in by far the best cap situation to take advantage of that.

Cleveland can probably grab 2 not just quality starters, but superstars next offseason with their cap situation. You add 2 superstars to that team, and that's a scary team.

Cavs drafted Irving #1, and Thompson #4 last year. Waiters #4 this year, and traded up to get Zeller in the first round too(was many projected as a top ten pick). Also have a few extra first round picks coming to us from various trades(and extra 2nds too). Plus we have a shit ton of cap space.

Shits gonna get real in Cleveland!

MIAdragon
10-30-2012, 06:31 PM

Dont care how much money a small market team has, they have little to no chance to land superstars in the NBA.

RustShack
10-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Having Waiters is just blowing Irvings game open! Lights out! Waiters is also looking real good for his first game. Great duo.

-King-
10-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Good game so far.

RustShack
10-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Dont care how much money a small market team has, they have little to no chance to land superstars in the NBA.

What about the LeBron James conspiracy theory that hes going back home to Cleveland when his contract expires? There has to be a reason they've neglected the SF position!

I know it wont happen.

ohiobronco2
10-30-2012, 06:41 PM
What about the LeBron James conspiracy theory that hes going back home to Cleveland when his contract expires? There has to be a reason they've neglected the SF position!

I know it wont happen.

ROFL Not a fucking chance. I do like Kyrie's game though. I hope we can make a run at a solid center if the offseason. Andy is serviceable, but we can use a talent infusion at 3-5 frankly.

RustShack
10-30-2012, 06:43 PM
ROFL Not a fucking chance. I do like Kyrie's game though. I hope we can make a run at a solid center if the offseason. Andy is serviceable, but we can use a talent infusion at 3-5 frankly.

I agree. I think Tristan will be a good 4, but we need a 3 real bad. I think Zeller is a serviceable 5, and Andy is serviceable at the 4/5. But better starter quality at the 5 and especially 3 is needed.

ohiobronco2
10-30-2012, 06:43 PM

That really depends on if you have another superstar on your team. Kyrie is a top 5 PG right now and he's damn close (if not already) to being mentioned in the same breath as Paul and Williams.

ohiobronco2
10-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I agree. I think Tristan will be a good 4, but we need a 3 real bad. I think Zeller is a serviceable 5, and Andy is serviceable at the 4/5. But better starter quality at the 5 and especially 3 is needed.

Frankly, I think Andy is traded at the deadline. He will be a solid addition for a contender. Cleveland is really close though given their cap situation and abundance of picks. I hope Sacramento does well this year so we pickup their pick.

DaKCMan AP
10-30-2012, 06:45 PM
It's raining 3's in Miami!

okcchief
10-30-2012, 06:48 PM
I like Cleveland a lot as well. Definitely remind me of OKC 3 years ago.

I'm down for fantasy BB.

RustShack
10-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Going into the fourth quarter, Irving has 25 points and Varejao has 21 rebounds. Gibson has 10 off the bench, it would be real nice if he finally lives up to his potential from like five years ago.. he was supposed to be money from 3 point land!

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 06:49 PM
lol nice use of the n-word there

DaKCMan AP
10-30-2012, 06:50 PM
lol nice use of the n-word there

Heard that too. :shake:

ohiobronco2
10-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Going into the fourth quarter, Irving has 25 points and Varejao has 21 rebounds.

That's crazy. What a night for Andy.

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Good first half for the Heat up 8.

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Fuck. The end of the quarters have been bad for the Celtics and great for the Heat.

RunKC
10-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Ray Allen shakes everyone's hand on the C's except KG...because KG wouldn't even look at him. Fucking awesome.

KevB
10-30-2012, 08:24 PM
That really depends on if you have another superstar on your team. Kyrie is a top 5 PG right now and he's damn close (if not already) to being mentioned in the same breath as Paul and Williams.

Not sure you can say he's there yet, and only because PG is an incredibly strong position right now (assuming people are healthy). Paul, Rose, Westbrook, D. Williams, Rondo, Parker, Irving, Lawson, Nash ---- tough to even call a top five out of that group. In addition, knocking on the door you have Curry, Wall, Conley, Rubio, Lowry, Dragic, Holiday, and Jennings.

Don't get me wrong, Kyrie is already outstanding, and he's going to be in that top 5 discussion very soon. I just don't think he's been around long enough yet, nor does he have the playoff chops, that some of the others have.

KevB
10-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Ray Allen shakes everyone's hand on the C's except KG...because KG wouldn't even look at him. ****ing awesome.

Funny as hell, gave him a slap on the shoulder and KG didn't acknowledge him. KG is the ultimate, if you're not with us you're against us guy.

ArrowheadHawk
10-30-2012, 08:27 PM
The Heat gonna repeat.

KevB
10-30-2012, 08:29 PM
The Heat gonna repeat.

Probably, but will be fun watching them against this Lakers squad in the finals. Two teams I really don't like, but the match-up is compelling.

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Barbosa with a big night off the bench

ChiefsCountry
10-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Probably, but will be fun watching them against this Lakers squad in the finals. Two teams I really don't like, but the match-up is compelling.

Heat/Lakers Final would probablly get close to Jordan era ratings.

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Well that sucked... Congrats again Heat you assholes

KevB
10-30-2012, 08:45 PM
Barbosa with a big night off the bench

If I were a Boston fan, I'd be more disappointed in Green than happy about Barbosa.

ChiefsCountry
10-30-2012, 08:46 PM

Hope you do well the rest of the year. Heat/Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals are fun.

Chiefs=Good
10-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Wanted more from the new players. kg too. congrats heat and allen. hell of a team you have there..

SNR
10-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Never done fantasy BB before, but if one's getting going, I'm in

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 08:53 PM
If I were a Boston fan, I'd be more disappointed in Green than happy about Barbosa.

meh I have never been a big Jeff Green fan. I never thought they should have traded for him in the first place

Mr_Tomahawk
10-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Let's go Lakers.

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Hope you do well the rest of the year. Heat/Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals are fun.

no doubt. Definitely the 2 best teams in the East but the Heat are just too damn good.

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Lakers offense looks discombobulated

KevB
10-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Lakers offense looks discombobulated

But you can see how easy offense is going to come for them at times. Gasol an excellent passer at the high post. Kobe and Nash are dead eye shooters when open. As good as they can be with the starters on the floor, they'll look equally bad when their bench comes in.

KevB
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
meh I have never been a big Jeff Green fan. I never thought they should have traded for him in the first place

But they need him to contribute, like him or not. In addition, he'd looked good in the preseason and some were seduced despite the small sample size.

dirk digler
10-30-2012, 09:22 PM
But you can see how easy offense is going to come for them at times. Gasol an excellent passer at the high post. Kobe and Nash are dead eye shooters when open. As good as they can be with the starters on the floor, they'll look equally bad when their bench comes in.

I definitely can see it now. They are picking apart the Mavs

But they need him to contribute, like him or not. In addition, he'd looked good in the preseason and some were seduced despite the small sample size.

They need him to contribute on the defensive end but I am not expecting that since he has always been a horrible defender.

KCFaninSEA
10-30-2012, 09:24 PM
No offense to anyone here but I hate the NBA, David Stern and Clay Bennett for stealing the OKC Sonics from Seattle. If you ever want to see what really happened on that deal do a YouTube search for "Sonics gate". The whole thing was a scam.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2012, 09:26 PM
No offense to anyone here but I hate the NBA, David Stern and Clay Bennett for stealing the OKC Sonics from Seattle. If you ever want to see what really happened on that deal do a YouTube search for "Sonics gate". The whole thing was a scam.

The NBA will return to Seattle soon and you'll be better of with a new owner.

Inmem58
10-30-2012, 09:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GlmR0jTf9w&sns=em

Kevin Garnett you mad bro?

Fuck embedding, I'm too busy.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Im gonna like this Jae Crowder kid

okcchief
10-30-2012, 09:39 PM
I think the team people may be over looking is the Clippers. That teams depth is going to give them a chance.

I expected the Lakers to start out rough. Howard isn't quite Howard yet. Their bench is still weak. I favor them, but SA, OKC, and the Clippers will all contend. They won't get the cake walk the Heat will get.

okcchief
10-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Im gonna like this Jae Crowder kid

He's feeling it for sure.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2012, 10:33 PM
I keep waiting for the day where Gasol will get a call for getting elbowed in the face over and over or at least go off and start firing on somebody's mug but I am getting the feeling neither will ever happen.

Buck
10-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Our bench is garbage.

Buck
10-30-2012, 10:37 PM
I can't believe we couldn't find someone better than Jordyn Hill.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2012, 10:41 PM
If your not going to play D and your bigs won't stand up for themselves when they are being constantly hacked with no calls you don't deserve to win. I am pretty much gonna crash unless their effort changes really quick.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2012, 10:42 PM
I can't believe we couldn't find someone better than Jordyn Hill.

Meh, he was decent last year and didn't cost too much.

Buck
10-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Meh, he was decent last year and didn't cost too much.

Bet you he misses these.

BIG_DADDY
10-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Finally a friggen call on hacking a big. I didn't even think they would call that. Hill will b alright.

Buck
10-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Told you.

PunkinDrublic
10-30-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm savoring this because I know there's a 50/50 chance the Mavs won't make the playoffs.

okcchief
10-30-2012, 11:00 PM
No effort by the Lakers tonight. 2-7 footers and get killed on the offensive glass. It's a long season, but they are going to have to play a lot harder than this.

okcchief
10-30-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm savoring this because I know there's a 50/50 chance the Mavs won't make the playoffs.

Carlisle is a hell of a coach. You'll have a good shot.

PunkinDrublic
10-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Carlisle is a hell of a coach. You'll have a good shot.

Maybe. I just don't see it.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Maybe. I just don't see it.

disagree, Dallas has some nice pieces with Kamen, Collinson, Mayo, and Brand to go along with Dirk. I think its possible they are a top 5 team in the West

The Bad Guy
10-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Carlisle is one of the 3 best coaches in the NBA behind Pop and Doc Rivers. Few do more with less than that guy.

Just an awful game. Truly awful for the Lakers. Mike Brown is just atrocious.

KC_Connection
10-30-2012, 11:24 PM
WTF was that shit? Why is Mike Brown running an offense that doesn't involve Steve Nash doing a pick-and-roll (which is almost a sure basket and has been for over a decade)?

The Bad Guy
10-30-2012, 11:29 PM
WTF was that shit? Why is Mike Brown running an offense that doesn't involve Steve Nash doing a pick-and-roll (which is almost a sure basket and has been for over a decade)?

Because he's the basketball version of Romeo Crennel.

Literally makes no fucking sense to run a Princeton offense when you have a PG like Nash. It's like running the option with Peyton Manning.

Nash should be the prime decision maker in the offense.

He can shove it up his ass about how great this offense will be in January. Any offense that negates your PG is dogshit.

Death2CasselFans
10-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Shaq just challanged Jason Whitlock to a fight

someone upload video to youtube. Happened after Laker/Dallas game.

Death2CasselFans
10-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Now they showed a picture of Whitlock.

Shaq clowned him. Called him fat.

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2012, 12:45 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Shaquille-ONeal-challenges-Jason-Whitlock-to-box-him-103012

DaKCMan AP
10-31-2012, 06:00 AM

:)

BIG_DADDY
10-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Carlisle is one of the 3 best coaches in the NBA behind Pop and Doc Rivers. Few do more with less than that guy.

Just an awful game. Truly awful for the Lakers. Mike Brown is just atrocious.

Brown is an idiot. For the life of me I have no idea why they picked that clown.

loochy
10-31-2012, 08:48 AM
disagree, Dallas has some nice pieces with Kamen, Collinson, Mayo, and Brand to go along with Dirk. I think its possible they are a top 5 team in the West

The Mavs are such a toss up that it's ridiculous. It'll still be a month and a half until Dirk comes back, who knows how long Kaman will stay out, and we have a bunch of 1 year contract guys. The 1 year guys might show up and play hard for a contract or they might mail it in because of lack of team unity from knowing that they won't be here next year. However, if anyone can make it work, it's Carlisle. That guy is a badass coach.

KevB
10-31-2012, 09:34 AM
The Mavs are such a toss up that it's ridiculous. It'll still be a month and a half until Dirk comes back, who knows how long Kaman will stay out, and we have a bunch of 1 year contract guys. The 1 year guys might show up and play hard for a contract or they might mail it in because of lack of team unity from knowing that they won't be here next year. However, if anyone can make it work, it's Carlisle. That guy is a badass coach.

Yep, there's a reason guys like Collison, Mayo, Brand, etc. were allowed to walk by their former teams. However, Carlisle is so damn good he may very well mold this team into a competitive and consistent group. They won't be able to beat the upper echelon teams when those teams play well, but that's still enough to win 40+.

SNR
10-31-2012, 09:50 AM
Brown is an idiot. For the life of me I have no idea why they picked that clown.

Who should they have hired? Not saying Brown is a good coach by any means, but NBA coaches are really hit or miss. It's extremely difficult to find a good one.

RunKC
10-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Yep, there's a reason guys like Collison, Mayo, Brand, etc. were allowed to walk by their former teams. However, Carlisle is so damn good he may very well mold this team into a competitive and consistent group. They won't be able to beat the upper echelon teams when those teams play well, but that's still enough to win 40+.

From what I saw last night, the Thunder are still the best team in the West, even without Harden. They have the talent and chemistry.

KevB
10-31-2012, 10:06 AM
From what I saw last night, the Thunder are still the best team in the West, even without Harden. They have the talent and chemistry.

It's entirely too early to draw any conclusions. When the Heat brought in LeBron and Bosh, they were 7-7 in their first 14 games.

KevB
10-31-2012, 10:07 AM
Also, friendly reminder : NBA League Pass is free from 10/30 to 11/6

BIG_DADDY
10-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Who should they have hired? Not saying Brown is a good coach by any means, but NBA coaches are really hit or miss. It's extremely difficult to find a good one.

They made no run at trying to retain Phil Jackson and the whole clean cut thing was a bad idea IMO. After at least trying to make a serious run at Phil I would have thought Brian Shaw would have been a much better choice and a simpler, cleaner trasition. If they were going to move on for sure they should have courted Byron Scott the year before. Any opportunity to have picked up Sloan would have been a good move IMO. I can't stand Brown.

BIG_DADDY
10-31-2012, 10:10 AM

Yea because making decisions based upon new teams on their first game is always a wise choice.

dirk digler
10-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Yea because making decisions based upon new teams on their first game is always a wise choice.

Laker fans have to be a little concerned considering they are now 0-10?

And yes I know preseason games are meaningless but the same issues showed up last night.

L.A. Chieffan
10-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Mike Brown makes RAC look competent

dirk digler
10-31-2012, 10:29 AM

I agree. The Bus family is usually pretty smart so I can't believe they passed on Brian Shaw for Brown

BIG_DADDY
10-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Laker fans have to be a little concerned considering they are now 0-10?

And yes I know preseason games are meaningless but the same issues showed up last night.

Sure I am concerned but there is a lot of time to get things straight and a whole lot of talent to do it with.

mcaj22
10-31-2012, 12:04 PM
man it is going to be another depressing season to be a Wizards fan

ugh

RustShack
10-31-2012, 12:36 PM

I wonder where Cleveland and LeBron would be if we had a different coach besides Brown...

dirk digler
10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Ummm..Harden is straight up dominating tonight 36-12 assists, 3-4 steals

The Bad Guy
10-31-2012, 08:08 PM
People that say Harden is a max contract player need their heads checked.

The Bad Guy
10-31-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm a Lakers fan and I'm absolutely concerned about this offense.

He's essentially taking the ball out of one of the 5 best ball handlers of all time. Steve Nash should quarterback this offense. They should also run, run, run and stop getting into these ridiculous half-court sets.

The Princeton offense is great for a team that doesn't have dominant players.

The Lakers have 4 top 25 players on their team, and they can't effectively score. That's a huge issue. Nash ran 1 pick and roll with Howard. This is the best P&R combo in the league right now based on their skillsets, and they ran one.

Giving Mike Brown this type of talent is like giving a 16 year old blind kid the keys to a Range Rover. All that's going to happen is a major accident.

dirk digler
10-31-2012, 08:14 PM

After his domination tonight against the Pistons I would say hell yes.

mcaj22
10-31-2012, 08:17 PM

on his own team yes he is

who else is Houston going to give a max contract to? The ghost of Yao Ming?

Houston isnt going to win a championship with or without Harden but at least with him he will put people in the seats and put cash in the FO pockets and with Lin and the asian market Harden can benefit greatly

Fruit Ninja
10-31-2012, 08:26 PM
They made no run at trying to retain Phil Jackson and the whole clean cut thing was a bad idea IMO. After at least trying to make a serious run at Phil I would have thought Brian Shaw would have been a much better choice and a simpler, cleaner trasition. If they were going to move on for sure they should have courted Byron Scott the year before. Any opportunity to have picked up Sloan would have been a good move IMO. I can't stand Brown.

Phil wanted to retire. Phil's body couldnt take the constant flying anymor. Do you remember there was even talk of him not coaching when the team went to the east coast.

Phil is a great coach but his body is hurting and he's not young. Phil now just chills in Montana and in L.A with Jeanie

Pitt Gorilla
10-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Harden went OFF. F me.

KC_Connection
10-31-2012, 08:39 PM
You mean isn't, I think.

Harden is a fantastic basketball player and well worth what he's being paid now. Unsurprisingly, he dominated tonight's game. OKC will miss his presence greatly.

KC_Connection
10-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Lakers getting the shit kicked out of them again.

RustShack
10-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Lake Show! 0-2

tk13
10-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Is Mike Brown fired yet?

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2012, 11:19 PM
fuck the clippers. fuck them. i wish they were dead.

KevB
10-31-2012, 11:19 PM
You mean isn't, I think.

Harden is a fantastic basketball player and well worth what he's being paid now. Unsurprisingly, he dominated tonight's game. OKC will miss his presence greatly.

People were interested in seeing Harden with a full complement of minutes, and with the keys turned over to him full time. Um, I'd say he's validated the "one of the best 20 players in the league" statement some have made. Funny thing is, watching the game.....dude didn't even know the plays. They were telling him where to go on out of bounds plays. Otherwise, it was just free flowing pick and roll. Either he initiated or Lin initiated and they played off each other. If I'm a Houston fan, I'm ecstatic that I now have this team to watch every game. Damn fun team.

KevB
10-31-2012, 11:20 PM
**** the clippers. **** them. i wish they were dead.

Griffin is really f'ing annoying on the court at this point. Guy complains as much or more than anyone out there. Conley wasn't his efficient self, and ZBo needs to make his damn free throws.

Ultra Peanut
10-31-2012, 11:22 PM
*ok i really don't wish they were literally dead but OH MY GOD I HATE THEM SO MUCH

People were interested in seeing Harden with a full complement of minutes, and with the keys turned over to him full time. Um, I'd say he's validated the "one of the best 20 players in the league" statement some have made. Funny thing is, watching the game.....dude didn't even know the plays. They were telling him where to go on out of bounds plays. Otherwise, it was just free flowing pick and roll. Either he initiated or Lin initiated and they played off each other. If I'm a Houston fan, I'm ecstatic that I now have this team to watch every game. Damn fun team.

He's my least favorite player in the league, without question. Or at least I'm pretty sure he is, since no other NBA player brings me to the verge of a frothing rage every single time I'm reminded of his existence.

Al Bundy
10-31-2012, 11:28 PM
I know no one will care, but the Warriors won in Phoenix with Curry not having a worth a shit night.

okcchief
10-31-2012, 11:36 PM
If Harden continues to go off like tonight then he needed to leave. OKC was holding him back. I'll be rooting for Houston because I can't not like Harden. OKC will be fine though IMO.

The Lakers are playing shockingly bad. Mike Brown may not make it 20 games at this rate.

KevB
10-31-2012, 11:42 PM
If Harden continues to go off like tonight then he needed to leave. OKC was holding him back. I'll be rooting for Houston because I can't not like Harden. OKC will be fine though IMO.

The Lakers are playing shockingly bad. Mike Brown may not make it 20 games at this rate.

Agree with all of this. I actually think most are underrating Kevin Martin. They guy is a career 18 ppg scorer who will spread the floor with his outside shooting. In addition, he gets to the line a lot and shoots a very high %. He's not Harden, but he gives you much of what Harden gave you.

tk13
10-31-2012, 11:45 PM
It's an interesting concept... you think there's no way they'd be better off without Harden. I can't possibly say that, but it is possible to have too many cooks in the kitchen. Someone eventually has to take charge, especially in the NBA. Notice how the Heat got over the hump when LeBron finally took control.

Although I've said all along I refuse to count out any team that has Kevin Durant. He is an unstoppable force.

RustShack
10-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Royce White is another very likable Rocket... can't wait until hes ready to move into the starting lineup. Very unselfish PG in a PF body.

tk13
10-31-2012, 11:48 PM
By the way, is Mike Brown fired yet?

mcaj22
11-01-2012, 12:11 AM
those Lakers guards better learn some defense quick because they got crapped on by a rookie guard and Wes fucking Matthews

and its going to be a long season if they are letting Damien Lillard put up 20 on them lol

lcarus
11-01-2012, 12:29 AM
As a Magic fan, I can tell you Lakers fans you might get angry at Dwight from time to time. He's a great defender in the paint and a great rebounder of course, but offensively at times he just really sucks. He showed flashes last year. It seemed he had really worked on his little hook and his overall footwork. Sometimes he is just careless. He likes to hold the ball down low and gets stripped a lot. He pouts to the refs EVERY time he misses a shot or gets stripped (like a lot of players). Plus he's just straight up abysmal at free throws. A couple years ago his attitude just took a nosedive. He used to be a happy go lucky guy who seemed to really love the game and his teammates. Then he just became a diva.

mcaj22
11-01-2012, 12:37 AM
i dont think that Dwight is the problem, it is the fact that Steve Nash can not play defense to save his life and they are not running a uptempo run and shoot offense, so Nash also cant play the half court triangle sets or isolation either.

there is a lot of good young point guards and combo guards in the NBA now, with tons of potential. And they are going to eat Nash up every game. (Collison and Lillard for example.) Guys like Kyrie Irving are going to shit on the Lakers for this very reason. Russel Westbrook is going to eat them up and spit them out

Pitt Gorilla
11-01-2012, 12:39 AM
those Lakers guards better learn some defense quick because they got crapped on by a rookie guard and Wes ****ing Matthews

and its going to be a long season if they are letting Damien Lillard put up 20 on them lolThey didn't bring in Nash because he was as good defender, and none of the rest of the Laker guards can defend. I'm not sure what you were expecting.

lcarus
11-01-2012, 12:40 AM
i dont think that Dwight is the problem, it is the fact that Steve Nash can not play defense to save his life and they are not running a uptempo run and shoot offense, so Nash also cant play the half court triangle sets or isolation either.

there is a lot of good young point guards and combo guards in the NBA now, with tons of potential. And they are going to eat Nash up every game. (Collison and Lillard for example.) Guys like Kyrie Irving are going to shit on the Lakers for this very reason. Russel Westbrook is going to eat them up and spit them out

No I don't think Dwight is the problem at all, I'm just saying...he will piss you off at times.

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 12:45 AM
As I've said many times, Harden is an incredible natural talent and he has a very high BBIQ. His vision on the court is superb. Offensively, there shouldn't have been any question that he would excel with a new team. The question for him will be whether he can maintain this kind of effort over a full season (he often didn't in college when he was a #1, he got bored and lazy at that level at times). I doubt today's game will be a one-time thing or anything, but I certainly do think he was trying to prove a point and was more focused because of it.

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 12:49 AM
It's an interesting concept... you think there's no way they'd be better off without Harden. I can't possibly say that, but it is possible to have too many cooks in the kitchen. Someone eventually has to take charge, especially in the NBA. Notice how the Heat got over the hump when LeBron finally took control.

Although I've said all along I refuse to count out any team that has Kevin Durant. He is an unstoppable force.
OKC will be fine. Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka is probably enough to win at least 55 games by themselves. But Harden is a significant loss (2nd on their team in win shares). Nobody else on that roster can match the production that he was giving them last season..

lcarus
11-01-2012, 12:51 AM
You mean isn't, I think.

They really missed his presence in the Finals.

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 12:52 AM
They really missed his presence in the Finals.
I know. His no-show there was a huge reason why they lost.

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 12:53 AM
As a Magic fan, I can tell you Lakers fans you might get angry at Dwight from time to time. He's a great defender in the paint and a great rebounder of course, but offensively at times he just really sucks. He showed flashes last year. It seemed he had really worked on his little hook and his overall footwork. Sometimes he is just careless. He likes to hold the ball down low and gets stripped a lot. He pouts to the refs EVERY time he misses a shot or gets stripped (like a lot of players). Plus he's just straight up abysmal at free throws. A couple years ago his attitude just took a nosedive. He used to be a happy go lucky guy who seemed to really love the game and his teammates. Then he just became a diva.
Dwight has a tendency to be soft at times. If he ever wants to win a championship, he'll have to get mentally tougher.

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 12:55 AM
They didn't bring in Nash because he was as good defender, and none of the rest of the Laker guards can defend. I'm not sure what you were expecting.
I thought they brought in Nash to do what he's done his entire career incredibly efficiently and run the pick and roll. But Mike Brown.

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 01:59 AM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8573213/the-harden-disaster

And when everyone started playing the blame game after the trade — Harden shouldn't have been so greedy, Oklahoma City should have played it out for one more year, the trade never would have happened if Harden played better in the Finals, Sam Presti didn't get enough back, etc., etc., etc. — I kept thinking about those three guys with their arms around each other. Do you really want to break THAT up? Weren't these guys headed somewhere together? Wasn't that series, and that photo, part of the journey? Wasn't this like canceling a great TV series after one and a half seasons, like if Homeland just stopped right now and we never found out what happened to Brody and Carrie?

Forget about worrying whether Harden is a max player (and by the way, he is — 15 teams would have given it to him), or why Harden didn't play better in the 2012 Finals (um, James Worthy sucked in the 1984 Finals and turned out fine), or if it meant something that Harden didn't just blindly take less than what he's worth (when he had already sacrificed minutes, numbers, and shots to succeed on that team). Oklahoma City significantly hindered their chances of winning a title — not just this year, but every year. And they did it because, after raking in ridiculous amounts of money these past four years (including $30-35 million PROFIT during last year's shortened season), they valued their own bottom line ahead of their title window. A window that included the second-best player in the league, a top-10 player and a top-20 player … all under the age of 25.

The Bad Guy
11-01-2012, 06:23 AM
After his domination tonight against the Pistons I would say hell yes.

Typo on my part. He def is one. Meant to have isn't not is.

dirk digler
11-01-2012, 09:06 AM
You mean isn't, I think.

Agree.

BTW I was rooting for your Raptors last night and they really should won that game. They have a chance to be a playoff team but can't blow games like last night.

okcchief
11-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Harden is a max contract player. He earned it. The problem is OKC has 2 other max contract players, and his role on the Thunder was to provide bench scoring. You had 2 options. Trade Westbrook for a similar deal, and keep and sign Harden to start or what they did. It's a difficult choice to make. I could make a case for going either way.

Martin just needs to be a scoring 6th man off the bench with Maynor facilitating. It will take a while to get it going, but they will be fine. The goods news is they got rid of 3 players that can't play, and added an extra talented player. The trade can't be judged until the picks are used in some way. We will know in 3 or 4 years. Maybe sooner if the picks are traded.

The Bad Guy
11-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Harden is a max contract player. He earned it. The problem is OKC has 2 other max contract players, and his role on the Thunder was to provide bench scoring. You had 2 options. Trade Westbrook for a similar deal, and keep and sign Harden to start or what they did. It's a difficult choice to make. I could make a case for going either way.

Martin just needs to be a scoring 6th man off the bench with Maynor facilitating. It will take a while to get it going, but they will be fine. The goods news is they got rid of 3 players that can't play, and added an extra talented player. The trade can't be judged until the picks are used in some way. We will know in 3 or 4 years. Maybe sooner if the picks are traded.

My instance that Harden is a max player really isn't even about the trade because it's one OKC had to make because Harden needed to be paid like the star he is.

I think Durant really can score over 30 PPG this year.

L.A. Chieffan
11-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Dont think Harden is a max guy. Yes, I know he lit up the Pistons but can he carry a team by himself? Doubt it.

mcaj22
11-01-2012, 10:51 AM
he doesnt need to carry a team, the team just needs to make money off marketing him.

hes not going to win a championship in Houston and Houston was never getting a superstar or winning without him, thats the problem with markets like that, they will never get another Hakeem or even Yao. So why not get a really good young player instead. The fanbase is happy and everyone wins

okcchief
11-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Harden is a very likable player. i don't know how many games they'll win, but with Lin and him they will put asses in the seats. Too bad for them they spent so much on Lin. A different type of player would have been a better compliment.

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Agree.

BTW I was rooting for your Raptors last night and they really should won that game. They have a chance to be a playoff team but can't blow games like last night.
They collapsed due to DeRozan's incredible uselessness (who the Raptors will now be paying $40M over 4 years because Brian Colangelo doesn't know how to step away) and Bargnani's poor defense down the stretch on D. West. So basically, the same thing as the last few years. Lowry and Valanciunas were great, though, and huge upgrades on what they had in those positions last year. If the two old stalwarts don't get in the way too much, they have a chance to make the playoffs.

I don't know why the Raptors didn't involve themselves in the Harden talks, though. He would have been perfect for them. The kind of wing talent they haven't had since Vince Carter was still there.

KevB
11-01-2012, 01:32 PM
They collapsed due to DeRozan's incredible uselessness (who the Raptors will now be paying $40M over 4 years because Brian Colangelo doesn't know how to step away) and Bargnani's poor defense down the stretch on D. West. So basically, the same thing as the last few years. Lowry and Valanciunas were great, though, and huge upgrades on what they had in those positions last year. If the two old stalwarts don't get in the way too much, they have a chance to make the playoffs.

I don't know why the Raptors didn't involve themselves in the Harden talks, though. He would have been perfect for them. The kind of wing talent they haven't had since Vince Carter was still there.

Investing the money they have in DeRozan and Landry should be grounds for firing

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Investing the money they have in DeRozan and Landry should be grounds for firing
And giving $24M to Jason Kapono. And giving $34M to Amir Johnson. And giving $53M to Hedo Turkoglu.

So there's nothing new here (although giving the useless, one-dimensional, inefficient DeRozan $40M may top all of those). Colangelo has driven the organization into the ground several times over and is putting stake after stake into it at this point (kind of like a certain Chiefs GM but with three more years of failure).

KevB
11-01-2012, 02:40 PM
And giving $24M to Jason Kapono. And giving $34M to Amir Johnson. And giving $53M to Hedo Turkoglu.

So there's nothing new here (although giving the useless, one-dimensional, inefficient DeRozan $40M may top all of those). Colangelo has driven the organization into the ground several times over and is putting stake after stake into it at this point (kind of like a certain Chiefs GM but with three more years of failure).

I thought BC had turned a corner by swiping Lowry, who's a damn good player. But, alas, he throws DeRozan $40M. Roughly the same money that Lawson, Holiday, Curry, and Taj Gibson all received yesterday. And they're all significantly more valuable. Even if DeRozan played well this year, he'd have been a restricted free agent they could have matched, and no team was likely to throw $40M at him.

okcchief
11-01-2012, 03:11 PM
$40 million on DeRozan should be grounds for firing. I do like Kyle Lowry though.

KC_Connection
11-01-2012, 03:36 PM
I thought BC had turned a corner by swiping Lowry, who's a damn good player. But, alas, he throws DeRozan $40M. Roughly the same money that Lawson, Holiday, Curry, and Taj Gibson all received yesterday. And they're all significantly more valuable. Even if DeRozan played well this year, he'd have been a restricted free agent they could have matched, and no team was likely to throw $40M at him.
BC lucked into Lowry in a sense. He was fully prepared to give Nash $40M over three years just to use his Canadian nationality as a way to hype up the product (and even gave that scrub Fields $20M in a convoluted attempt to stop Nash from going to the Knicks). When Nash didn't take the money, it enabled him to trade for Lowry (who admittedly is a good young PG that a team can grow with).

There are no words for giving a player like DeRozan $40M, though. I don't think he's even worth half of that considering all of his many deficiencies. I'd like to say I was surprised when I saw the contract terms, but overpaying mediocre players is Colangelo's MO. I don't think I'll be able to fully embrace the Raptors again until they get rid of him (which kind of puts me in a similar spot to what we have in KC with the Chiefs).

okcchief
11-01-2012, 03:57 PM
The good thing about tonight's Chiefs game is ill have an excuse to change the channel at 8:30.