PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Body language maybe tells the tale

keg in kc
10-28-2012, 05:45 PM
I didn't watch the Tampa game, so this was the first time I've seen the team since they lost to Baltimore. If their body language today was any indication, particularly on the offensive side of the ball, then they've given up. I'm hard-pressed to remember a team that looked so lackadaisical, so don't give a shit, so utterly defeated, and that was right from the get-go. No fire, no effort, just playing the minutes out until they can go home. The defense looked a little more with it, but at least from my la-z-boy, it seemed pretty clear that today's game was over before it started, just from the way the guys were moving in the huddle, between plays.

And this was against a team that's supposed to be an arch-rival, on your home field. Exactly what I was afraid of going with a coach like Crennel. That buddy buddy approach just doesn't work when you're losing.

Bowser
10-28-2012, 05:46 PM
That's on Crennell. He does nothing for this team from a leadership standpoint.

All these New England rejects need to get the fuck off my team.

L.A. Chieffan
10-28-2012, 05:46 PM
They were bummed when Quinn went down. Took the wind out their sales.

the Talking Can
10-28-2012, 05:47 PM
they gave up after the new orleans game...because crennel is a fat loser who doesn't give a shit

Bwana
10-28-2012, 05:48 PM
I noticed that as well. This team has regressed into an embarrassment.

Dave Lane
10-28-2012, 05:48 PM
They were bummed when Quinn went down. Took the wind out their sales.

Don't you mean they were excited by the spark of Cassel coming in.

Or is the shtick over?

Dave Lane
10-28-2012, 05:50 PM
I noticed that as well. This team has regressed into an embarrassment.

Its definitely coaching. Anyone can see / feel it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Don't you mean they were excited by the spark of Cassel coming in.

Or is the shtick over?

ROFL

FAX
We're back to where we were before Haley was hired ... a bunch of pay-check players on the squad.

I cannot believe we haven't had a lead in a single game this season. That, my friends, is hard to do.

FAX

Dave Lane
10 wins was the bar everyone set. Hows the bar look now?

Fruit Ninja
10-28-2012, 05:51 PM
i hope someone screen caps that fan in the stands with a mask on when he facepalms after the chiefs downed the ball going into the half. lol I laughed out loud

keg in kc
10-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Part of it also may be the difference a paycheck makes. I know I'm no pro athlete, but losing really pisses me off. And I don't see any of that kind of anger or frustration. Just a general don't-give-a-shit-itude.

Bowser
i hope someone screen caps that fan in the stands with a mask on when he facepalms after the chiefs downed the ball going into the half. lol I laughed out loud

Someone around here already has that gif'd up.

Bwana

Yeah, Romeo has the emotion of a freaking statue. He's the anti Todd.

tredadda
10-28-2012, 05:53 PM

This is what you get with a soft "players" coach. This team played harder under Haley.

Bowser
10-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Part of it also may be the difference a paycheck makes. I know I'm no pro athlete, but losing really pisses me off. And I don't see any of that kind of anger or frustration. Just a general don't-give-a-shit-itude.

Did you hear any of Crennell's presser? He again states how he isn't exactly sure what's going on. The players hear this, and due to Romeo's apparent confusion as to what is wrong with his team, nobody is living in fear of losing their starting spot or getting cut.

There is zero urgency on this team, and it starts up high.

suzzer99
10-28-2012, 05:54 PM

So you're saying there's a chance?

chiefzilla1501
10-28-2012, 05:55 PM
This is what you get with a soft "players" coach. This team played harder under Haley.

The Steelers' offense is coming alive and despite Big Ben's complaining, he's on pace to have a career year. The Chiefs have regressed from a tough football team (even with Cassel) to a team that gives up in the 1st quarter. And yet there are still people who refuse to acknowledge that Haley did in fact make this team better, even if he had some flaws in other areas.

tredadda
10-28-2012, 05:57 PM
The Steelers' offense is coming alive and despite Big Ben's complaining, he's on pace to have a career year. The Chiefs have regressed from a tough football team (even with Cassel) to a team that gives up in the 1st quarter. And yet there are still people who refuse to acknowledge that Haley did in fact make this team better, even if he had some flaws in other areas.

I think one day we will regret giving up on Haley. Yes he made boneheaded decisions and was a madman, but it is clear that it was Pioli and not him that is the cause for our awful-ness.

keg in kc
10-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Did you hear any of Crennell's presser? God no. The game was bad enough. I wouldn't put myself through that, too.

Masochist!

Chiefs Pantalones
10-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Lol Dan Patrick just said "dead man walking" when talking about Crennel.

J Diddy
10-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Did you hear any of Crennell's presser? He again states how he isn't exactly sure what's going on. The players hear this, and due to Romeo's apparent confusion as to what is wrong with his team, nobody is living in fear of losing their starting spot or getting cut.

There is zero urgency on this team, and it starts up high.

He said he didn't know again?

RAC and daboll need to be dropped off at the bus station, tomorrow.

Pioli too.

Coogs
10-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Lol Dan Patrick just said "dead man walking" when talking about Crennel.

Throw Pioli in, and you will get my attention. Puck Fioli!! That should be the next banner!

As far as the OP... Atlanta in Cunther Gunninghams last game.

Rain Man
10-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Crennel was out there today making Tom Landry look animated. And I'm talking about the current Tom Landry who's been dead for 10 years.

Psyko Tek
10-28-2012, 06:49 PM

anytime I watch the chiefs play a bar looks great
preferably, with loud rock music and semi naked girls
and NO televisions showing football

chiefzilla1501
10-28-2012, 06:51 PM
anytime I watch the chiefs play a bar looks great
preferably, with loud rock music and semi naked girls
and NO televisions showing football

This is not a good idea. You'll end up going home with the worst looking girl at the bar. Then you'll look back and realize that leaving the bar with her instead of watching the rest of the Chiefs game was a great decision.

HemiEd
10-28-2012, 07:00 PM
This is the worst Chiefs football I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot. Their lack of effort and the management stupidity pisses me off. Why would I waste more time watching this embarrassment?

Count Zarth
10-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Romeo expects the players to motivate themselves and act like responsible men.

He's a terrible motivator, and an awful combination with a team that has no quarterback.

And that's why I was against the hire from the very day it happpened.

Count Zarth
10-28-2012, 07:03 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1644041/failchefs.gif

FringeNC
10-28-2012, 07:08 PM
RAC knows he can't win without a QB. The players know they can't win without a QB, and that RAC is gone. Everyone is just collecting a paycheck, waiting for things to get blown up.

notorious
10-28-2012, 07:08 PM
And that's why I was against the hire from the very day it happpened.

I hated the hire because he sucks at every possible thing there is to suck at when it comes to Head Coaching.

Fish
10-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Well... I don't really know what's wrong. We're going to try to get better and quit not doing things to win.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4580/romeocrennelnamedheadco.jpg

Easy 6
10-28-2012, 07:17 PM
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

MahiMike
10-29-2012, 08:11 AM

I don't know about you, but I plan to stay at the bar the rest of the season!

KC_Lee
10-29-2012, 08:19 AM

I don't know about you, but I plan to stay at the bar the rest of the season!

Yeah, that was my thought as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-29-2012, 08:26 AM
RAC knows he can't win without a QB. The players know they can't win without a QB, and that RAC is gone. Everyone is just collecting a paycheck, waiting for things to get blown up.

Nail, meet Hammer.