PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Assassin's Creed III

Gonzo
10-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Newest installment out tonight at midnight, (or tomorrow). I purchased the first two and didn't really care for them all that much. Graphics were meh and the story didn't flow like I expected. However, the premise of this one, (revolutionary war) seems very interesting to me.
I pre-ordered my copy via Game Stop and plan on trading in my copy of Dishonored, (lamest game ever).

Checked out the "official website" and it seems to be much improved.
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-US/index.aspx

Most of the time I'm highly disappointed in games with so much hype, (see afore mentioned game). Hopefully this won't prove to be the case. Anyone else picking up a copy tomorrow?

CoMoChief
10-29-2012, 04:10 PM
never got into the first 2.....but this one looks badass.

Bump
10-29-2012, 05:10 PM
looks cool but I played about half of the first one and thought it was boring

Frazod
10-29-2012, 07:26 PM
I enjoyed the first one, despite it's flaws. Bought the second one when it first came out and didn't care for it at the time. Started playing it again recently because the third one's coming out, and got farther into it, but I crapped out again. There are aspects of it that are really cool, but sadly they just don't outweigh the annoying crap. The last straw was the groups of musicians who'll congregate around the assassin while he's walking through the crowd on a timed mission. Made no sense - I can sneak past guards, but not a bunch of queerbait troubadours?

I won't be playing the third one.

Gonzo
10-29-2012, 08:21 PM
I enjoyed the first one, despite it's flaws. Bought the second one when it first came out and didn't care for it at the time. Started playing it again recently because the third one's coming out, and got farther into it, but I crapped out again. There are aspects of it that are really cool, but sadly they just don't outweigh the annoying crap. The last straw was the groups of musicians who'll congregate around the assassin while he's walking through the crowd on a timed mission. Made no sense - I can sneak past guards, but not a bunch of queerbait troubadours?

Fucking this. That shit was annoying as hell. I can't resist this one. I'll post a review in a couple days.

DaFace
10-29-2012, 08:50 PM

Throw money at them and they go away.

The first one was a bit obnoxious as they tried to figure out the gameplay side of it. They really seemed to focus on building the engine so that they could use it for the other games. I've loved it since.

Frazod
10-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Throw money at them and they go away.

The first one was a bit obnoxious as they tried to figure out the gameplay side of it. They really seemed to focus on building the engine so that they could use it for the other games. I've loved it since.

I tried stabbing them. It instantly blew my cover, but felt good. :grr:

But thanks for the tip. I'm back to playing Kingdoms now, but I might give it another shot at some point.

tyler360
10-29-2012, 09:54 PM
First one got repetitive but each has gotten better with more variety.

Super excited for this one though. It will be best yet

jd1020
10-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Love the AC series, but I like stealthy type games.

It's definitely a change of pace for the people who play cod and only know what running around, feeling invincible, and shooting from the hip is.

Gonzo
10-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Figured I'd swing by Game Stop and pick it up since I was up anyway... Big mistake.

100 geeks, standing in two lines outside the store, freezing their asses off. LMAO
Dorks.

ThaVirus
10-30-2012, 12:16 AM
So did you wait?

Gonzo
10-30-2012, 01:10 AM
So did you wait?

Oh he'll no. It's 40 degrees right now. Not worth it at all...
I'll pick it up tomorrow.

SuperChief
10-30-2012, 12:45 PM
The first one was neat, albeit repetitive. I got the second one with much anticipation, but it fell WAY short of my expectations. I couldn't even finish it. I do, however, have high hopes for this one. Revolutionary War stuff is awesome.

allen_kcCard
10-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Anyone play it yet have any first impressions? I am thinking about grabbing it on the way home from work.

ThaVirus
10-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Ordered 1,2 and Brotherhood off Amazon about a week ago. I have a friend that has Revelations and will be getting 3 so I should be able to knock out the whole series here soon..

DaFace
10-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Ordered 1,2 and Brotherhood off Amazon about a week ago. I have a friend that has Revelations and will be getting 3 so I should be able to knock out the whole series here soon..

Have you played them before? If not, my opinion is the opposite of those posted above. I thought 1 was great in terms of introducing you to the way the world worked, but otherwise got to be WAY too repetitive. I loved 2 and am about halfway through Brotherhood at the moment and have liked those both far better.

Gonzo
10-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Picked it up this afternoon and I can't put it down. I have to say, it's exceeded my expectations by far. The first two did bore me a bit, (like I mentioned) but this one is quite a bit different. Great story line, awesome graphics and the soundtrack/sound effects are mind blowing.
The story really sucks you in. It has the feel of Red Dead Redemption to it...
You can hunt, ride horses around the woods etc. I just beat a level where you command a huge ship around Martha's Vineyard and battle a couple British Frigates. Really impressed with the effort they put in this one.
So far I highly recommend this game.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Made no sense - I can sneak past guards, but not a bunch of queerbait troubadours?

ROFL

Funniest thing ive read in awhile.

KC native
10-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Have you played them before? If not, my opinion is the opposite of those posted above. I thought 1 was great in terms of introducing you to the way the world worked, but otherwise got to be WAY too repetitive. I loved 2 and am about halfway through Brotherhood at the moment and have liked those both far better.

This all the way

ThaVirus
10-31-2012, 11:59 AM

No, I'd never played the games but have been told from a friend or two they're amazing and I need to get on them. Like I said, my friend has/is going to have the latest two so I figured it'd be pretty cheap to play the entire series so I ordered the first three.

They came in the mail last night so I played 1 for about an hour. It has surprisingly good graphics and is pretty smooth despite being an older game. Learning the controls and what they're making me do right now is a bit repetitive. Can't wait to get to the second and third ones though...

ThaVirus
11-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Wow, Assassin's Creed has to be one of the worst games I've ever played. Holy balls, that shit was the most uninteresting, repetitive shit I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Visit Al-Mualim, be his bitch, go where he says, find a viewpoint, beat someone up, find a viewpoint, pickpocket someone, find a viewpoint, eavesdrop on someone, assassinate the target, then repeat- LIKE 10 DIFFERENT TIMES!

Through all the bullshit repetition and general lack of excitement, I had a serious issue with the game that was supposed to be based on stealth assassinations AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN STEALTH ASSASSINATE ANYONE. You'd find the target and if you got anywhere within 20 feet of him, the guards would get get suspicious and attack you. Essentially you'd have to start a war and fight through 20 guards to kill the target, which I thought was lame.

Man, I couldn't wait to finish this game so about halfway through I started doing the bare minimum just to progress the story and get it over with. If not for the last 15 minutes worth of storyline, this shit would get two thumbs down from me.

****ING GAY!

ThaVirus
11-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Assassin's Creed II, on the other hand, was pretty damn good. I don't recall ever experiencing such a leap in overall playability as I did from I to II. It seems they really learned from the first and made it all better. Ezio moved more fluidly, the cities were bigger and better looking, the voice acting was much better, the story expounded on the last and got pretty interesting, the fighting worked better, they included more customization elements, the missions had FAAARRR more variety, and you could actually stealthly assassinate people!

The only knock that I could bring up on this one was that I got more into the side missions of finding the 6 seals for Altair's armor and ESPECIALLY finding the truth that Subject 16 had hidden in the Animus. Halfway through the game I was hardly even paying attention to the main storyline in lieu of finding all the glyphs and decoding 'the truth'.

Also, although original in story, it's basically Grand Theft Auto dealing with assassins instead of gangsters. Not that I have an issue with that, GTA was revolutionary in its style, just saying they lose a bit for originality there.

kcchiefsus
11-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Wow, Assassin's Creed has to be one of the worst games I've ever played. Holy balls, that shit was the most uninteresting, repetitive shit I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. Visit Al-Mualim, be his bitch, go where he says, find a viewpoint, beat someone up, find a viewpoint, pickpocket someone, find a viewpoint, eavesdrop on someone, assassinate the target, then repeat- LIKE 10 DIFFERENT TIMES!

Through all the bullshit repetition and general lack of excitement, I had a serious issue with the game that was supposed to be based on stealth assassinations AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN STEALTH ASSASSINATE ANYONE. You'd find the target and if you got anywhere within 20 feet of him, the guards would get get suspicious and attack you. Essentially you'd have to start a war and fight through 20 guards to kill the target, which I thought was lame.

Man, I couldn't wait to finish this game so about halfway through I started doing the bare minimum just to progress the story and get it over with. If not for the last 15 minutes worth of storyline, this shit would get two thumbs down from me.

****ING GAY!

You're a fag.

Dayze
11-09-2012, 03:27 PM
I played the first one, and thought it was very very repetitive. It looked awesome, but I couldn't get into it at all.

HC_Chief
11-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I played the first one, and thought it was very very repetitive. It looked awesome, but I couldn't get into it at all.

AC1 was definitely repetitive. They corrected that in AC2.

DaFace
11-09-2012, 03:40 PM

Assassin's Creed II, on the other hand, was pretty damn good. I don't recall ever experiencing such a leap in overall playability as I did from I to II. It seems they really learned from the first and made it all better. Ezio moved more fluidly, the cities were bigger and better looking, the voice acting was much better, the story expounded on the last and got pretty interesting, the fighting worked better, they included more customization elements, the missions had FAAARRR more variety, and you could actually stealthly assassinate people!

Sounds like you had about the same experience as I did. I also though the side quests were more fun in II than the main storyline, but at least that storyline was mildly interesting on its own. So far, I'd rate I as a 5/10, II as a 9/10, and Brotherhood as a 7/10. Brotherhood is fine, but the side quests aren't quite as interesting for me for some reason.

Demonpenz
11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
i liked ACI better because it pissed more people off.

Buehler445
11-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Do I need to play the originals before I play this one?

jd1020
11-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Do I need to play the originals before I play this one?

Not really. It's an all new story line. But you could buy one of the first ones for bread crumbs to see if you like the game first.

Discuss Thrower
11-15-2012, 05:23 PM
I've watched people play the AC series, and I always thought it looked repetitive with the parkour shit and the "Synchronize" on tall stuff.. and the puzzle minigame thing looked maddening.

But gawDAMN ACIII is AWESOME.

tyler360
11-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Just beat it and I have to say its a wtf ending yet again

jd1020
11-15-2012, 06:28 PM
I hope they do more present day shit in future AC's.

okoye35chiefs
11-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I have played each of the games in the franchise.

I enjoy them.

Typically I stick to Madden and MOH or COD.

This offers a change of pace for me.

ThaVirus
11-22-2012, 12:56 AM
So far, I'd rate I as a 5/10, II as a 9/10, and Brotherhood as a 7/10. Brotherhood is fine, but the side quests aren't quite as interesting for me for some reason.

I finished Brotherhood yesterday. I have to say, it was pretty good. I like that they kept the feel of Assassin's Creed II while making it a bit better, particularly the combat. I'd agree with your ratings but probably bump Brotherhood up to an 8/10. The side quests weren't nearly as interesting as II but I liked the inclusion of training your own assassins and the Borgia towers. A couple other random notes from the series so far:
-I really like that dude Nolan North's voice acting. He did a great job in these games and Uncharted.
-Ezio is a ****ing badass. I happened to leave the game on the start menu the other day and saw the intro by accident:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Ak79G8eZ4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2:16 was too legit when the assassins all squad up. I just wish they had more in-game CGI; that was one of the things I loved most about the Final Fantasy series (I know there's no relation; just saying I like CGI cutscenes).

ThaVirus
11-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Then that video led me to this one, which is even more amazing:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/32U_KOUuQ74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd pay to watch a full-length CGI movie of this franchise in theaters. It's pretty interesting.

Rugby Thompson
11-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Anyone who likes this game should get Dishonored, it's just as good as AC3 if not better to be honest.

Rugby Thompson
11-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Seriously.

mdchiefsfan
11-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Anyone who likes this game should get Dishonored, it's just as good as AC3 if not better to be honest.

Define Irony.....

From the OP:
I pre-ordered my copy via Game Stop and plan on trading in my copy of Dishonored, (lamest game ever).

okoye35chiefs
11-22-2012, 06:31 AM

sorry, I disagree.

I played Dishonered for 30 minutes and then returned it...

Rugby Thompson
11-22-2012, 10:47 AM
sorry, I disagree.

I played Dishonered for 30 minutes and then returned it...

Why?

okoye35chiefs
11-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Why?

idk really. I just could not get into Dishonored at all.

I have played all the AC games and loved them all.

Maybe I expected something different with Dishonored, not sure why.

Gonzo
11-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Why?

To each his own but I dont think I've been more disappointed in a game than I was with Dishonored. Graphics were horrid, the story had merit but When You throw in some unknown magic dude it starts gettin pretty stupid. I gave it an hour, then waited for ACIII and traded.
I'm happy that you like it but it can't hold a candle to ACIII.

Sure-Oz
11-22-2012, 03:45 PM
It's price has dropped to $34.99 on amazon today

Garcia Bronco
11-22-2012, 04:45 PM
100 percented the game last week. I really enjoy the dart rope predator move.

Rugby Thompson
11-22-2012, 05:10 PM
To each his own but I dont think I've been more disappointed in a game than I was with Dishonored. Graphics were horrid, the story had merit but When You throw in some unknown magic dude it starts gettin pretty stupid. I gave it an hour, then waited for ACIII and traded.
I'm happy that you like it but it can't hold a candle to ACIII.

Maybe I like it because I didn't hear about it at all till a few days ago, I had no high hopes going in, I just got it for the hell of it and was looking for something to get that was fairly new, i already have AC3 but yeah the story is trash, I should have just waited a few days until Hitman Absolution. FarCry 3 looks unreal though, i think it's going to be GOTY.

Setsuna
11-22-2012, 05:16 PM
The ship memory is so damn fun I swear. "HALF SAIL!" "FULL SAIL!" "CANNONS!" "GUNS!" LOVE IT DUDE! Ship battle FTW!

JASONSAUTO
11-22-2012, 05:25 PM
So... How is hitman absolution
Posted via Mobile Device

Rugby Thompson
11-22-2012, 06:01 PM
haven't played it yet.

mdchiefsfan
11-22-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm picking this up tomorrow, can't wait

Rugby Thompson
11-23-2012, 05:36 AM
I'm picking this up tomorrow, can't wait

do not rush it, play it slow and stealthy.

Silock
11-23-2012, 06:41 AM
I hope AC3 picks up. The first two sequences are boring as shit.

okoye35chiefs
11-23-2012, 06:43 AM
in sequence 3-5 it gets better..

Gonzo
11-23-2012, 10:27 AM
You won't be disappointed. The ship missions are awesome.

mdchiefsfan
11-24-2012, 04:53 AM
So far it's pretty bad ass. I had a lot of people tell me it was a bit of a slow start but I actually like the first two sequences. The only thing that is pissing me off is I keep forgetting about those damn floating pages once I complete a level, remember it, go chasing after it and it disappears.

Is the game always so linear or once you become the main character does it become more free roam/side missions type of game?

Gonzo
11-24-2012, 05:27 AM
So far it's pretty bad ass. I had a lot of people tell me it was a bit of a slow start but I actually like the first two sequences. The only thing that is pissing me off is I keep forgetting about those damn floating pages once I complete a level, remember it, go chasing after it and it disappears.

Is the game always so linear or once you become the main character does it become more free roam/side missions type of game?

Yep, after you change characters, you have a few missions that you pretty much have to play, then it goes completely open-world.
My advice? For every main mission you play, play one or two side missions. You'll figure that out on your own but it's really easy to just play right through the main mission.

mdchiefsfan
11-24-2012, 05:32 AM
Yep, after you change characters, you have a few missions that you pretty much have to play, then it goes completely open-world.
My advice? For every main mission you play, play one or two side missions. You'll figure that out on your own but it's really easy to just play right through the main mission.

Ok, so I'm not really missing much right now. There were some free roam areas like the Frontier, but I figured I just had to get to my objective and do what was needed.

How about those sheets of paper floating in the wind? Is there another opportunity to grab those or do I have to start those missions over?

okoye35chiefs
11-24-2012, 06:56 AM
you'll go back to boston and those papers should still be available as side quests

rad
11-24-2012, 07:03 AM
Got this for my son on Amazon for 35 bucks, along with Battlefield 3 Premium Ed. for $30.

mdchiefsfan
11-24-2012, 07:54 AM
you'll go back to boston and those papers should still be available as side quests

thanks

mdchiefsfan
11-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Got this for my son on Amazon for 35 bucks, along with Battlefield 3 Premium Ed. for $30.

yup that's why I grabbed it yesterday $35 at best buy

Gonzo
11-24-2012, 03:50 PM
I was a little disappointed in the ending and I wish there were more missions like the Pitcarin assassination. However, all in all I give it 8 out of 10.

The only game I've ever given 10 for 10 on is Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is nearly as good. If you havent played the series, pick it up TODAY.

SomeRandomGirl
11-24-2012, 04:14 PM
We finished up last week. Not quite 100%, still need to do the online synch thing after credits roll and 1 other side quest, but overall, thought it was a great game.
My husband loved the ship quests, I absolutely loved to free-run through the frontier.

The ending left me a bit disappointed. Agree that it was a another WTF type of thing and it seemed a bit rushed (the cutscenes). To whomever said they hope the next AC has more present time missions, I can't see them making any more after this. I thought this was supposed to be the last game. I wouldn't be opposed to playing another, but I don't see it happening.

Rugby Thompson
11-24-2012, 04:41 PM
This game is good but idk about GOTY, seems like there's not much replay value and it almost seems like there's more loading screens and videos more then there is gameplay. It's worth checking out but I find they could have done a lot more with this title, even though its open world and such, didn't really feel different compared to the first two.

whoman69
11-24-2012, 05:12 PM
I really need to get a new computer so I can buy games again.

tyler360
11-24-2012, 07:43 PM
They have to make more correct?

They can't end the story like that I would hope

ThaVirus
11-24-2012, 09:27 PM
The only game I've ever given 10 for 10 on is Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is nearly as good. If you havent played the series, pick it up TODAY.

I have an Xbox so I've never been able to play these games...

But one night I decided to watch all the cutscenes on Youtube to see what all the fuss was about. I watched them all.... For all 3 games.... Damn near in one sitting LMAO

That shit is like a movie.

Gonzo
11-25-2012, 11:24 AM
I have an Xbox so I've never been able to play these games...

But one night I decided to watch all the cutscenes on Youtube to see what all the fuss was about. I watched them all.... For all 3 games.... Damn near in one sitting LMAO

That shit is like a movie.

Absolutely. It's like you're playing a movie. Now that I've beat ACIII, I'm going to go back and play all 3 of these again. They're just amazing.
The gameplay on 3 incorporates the cutscenes which really engrosses you into the story.

jd1020
11-25-2012, 06:39 PM
They have to make more correct?

They can't end the story like that I would hope

Fairly certain the developers have already made comments on future AC's.

I'll be interested to see how they continue on but I fear its going to be something insanely cheesy. Like pulling a "Fast and Furious" after Tokyo.

Gonzo
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Fairly certain the developers have already made comments on future AC's.

I'll be interested to see how they continue on but I fear its going to be something insanely cheesy. Like pulling a "Fast and Furious" after Tokyo.

Oh, I'm sure we have a civil war edition coming soon...

ThaVirus
11-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh, I'm sure we have a civil war edition coming soon...

I don't see how they'll be able to continue the story much after that with the evolution of guns though.

An assassin in today's world just wouldn't be believable unless they got rid of the hidden blades for hidden AKs...

JASONSAUTO
11-25-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't see how they'll be able to continue the story much after that with the evolution of guns though.

An assassin in today's world just wouldn't be believable unless they got rid of the hidden blades for hidden AKs... nowadays assassins just have to be more stealthy. Don't you watch movies
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy
11-25-2012, 07:44 PM
I was a little disappointed in the ending and I wish there were more missions like the Pitcarin assassination. However, all in all I give it 8 out of 10.

We got a PS3 over the weekend, and two of the games it came with were Uncharted: Drake' Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among thieves. I assume Drake's Fortune is the first game?

I noticed the first Assassin's Creed is only 15 bucks on Amazon. Worth getting? Or should I just play the most recent one?

Gonzo
11-25-2012, 08:57 PM
We got a PS3 over the weekend, and two of the games it came with were Uncharted: Drake' Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among thieves. I assume Drake's Fortune is the first game?

I noticed the first Assassin's Creed is only 15 bucks on Amazon. Worth getting? Or should I just play the most recent one?

Correct on Uncharted. The first one is pretty good but you will shit a brick in the 2nd one. The 3rd one is better in some aspects but not as much gameplay.
Well worth picking up.

As far as Assassins creed, play 3... If you really like it the first one is cheap. I didn't care for it.

jd1020
11-26-2012, 08:26 AM

An assassin in today's world just wouldn't be believable unless they got rid of the hidden blades for hidden AKs...

There's already a pretty successful series based on modern day stealth... it's called Splinter Cell. And guess who makes it?

KILLER_CLOWN
11-26-2012, 10:51 AM

I'm starting out on Uncharted 3, have you played I am Alive? Loved that as well.

Gonzo
11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm starting out on Uncharted 3, have you played I am Alive? Loved that as well.

Yep, I downloaded that about 3 weeks ago. I played it for a little while but ACIII came out and I wanted to play that first.
Seems like a decent game, though.

ThaVirus
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
nowadays assassins just have to be more stealthy. Don't you watch movies
Posted via Mobile Device

There's already a pretty successful series based on modern day stealth... it's called Splinter Cell. And guess who makes it?

I don't want to play Assassins Creed in 1986 with silenced pistols.

A huge part of what makes Assassins Creed so great is the historic environments.

Plus they'd have to change up the fighting mechanics completely. Even the traditional assassin robes would have to be nixed. It wouldn't even be Assassins Creed anymore.

HC_Chief
11-26-2012, 12:30 PM
I am so bored with AC3....quit playing it.

WTF, AC1 was redundant, but had its moments. AC2 was great; first expansion was a lot of fun, but then the series reverted. This latest installment is a snooze-fest; and what's with the new "crafting" garbage? It serves no purpose.

Only bits I have found enjoyable are the sea-faring side-quests. Shredding ships and forts with cannonfire is a blast.

Rugby Thompson
11-26-2012, 01:18 PM
I am so bored with AC3....quit playing it.

WTF, AC1 was redundant, but had its moments. AC2 was great; first expansion was a lot of fun, but then the series reverted. This latest installment is a snooze-fest; and what's with the new "crafting" garbage? It serves no purpose.

Only bits I have found enjoyable are the sea-faring side-quests. Shredding ships and forts with cannonfire is a blast.

This is what I was trying to say, game looks amazing but it's boring.

Frazod
11-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Loading this now. What the hell.

Setsuna
12-01-2012, 01:35 PM
The mutliplayer rocks out loud!

Guru
12-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Amazon deal of the day $33 plus three different $3 credits.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox?ref_=pe_36900_27188390

SuperChief
12-11-2012, 11:02 AM
I thought this was the best AC by far. Keep in mind, I thought the 1st one was good, but a bit redundant, and the second blew chunks. The crafting bullshit was stupid, yes, but it provided quite a bit of extra missions to complete. This game was very multi-faceted and I enjoyed it.

Setsuna
12-11-2012, 08:07 PM
The mutliplayer rocks out loud!

Nvm, the multiplayer sucks. I thought quality of kills meant something but it doesn't. How naive I was.

mnchiefsguy
12-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Amazon deal of the day $33 plus three different $3 credits.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox?ref_=pe_36900_27188390

I went ahead and jumped on this deal even though I have not played any of the games. There is a DLC title "The tyranny of King Washington" that will be available early next year that sounds cool. I am a fan of alternate history, am hoping this game lives up to the hype.

jd1020
12-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Nvm, the multiplayer sucks. I thought quality of kills meant something but it doesn't. How naive I was.

I've never even come close to thinking about playing the multiplayer in AC.

Singeplayer games are never good multiplayer games... What do you do? Just sit in piles of hay waiting for someone to walk by?

Rugby Thompson
12-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Havent touched AC3 in a few weeks, it was nothing special, looks pretty but plays the same as the other ones and just as tedious. GTA San andreas just got released on the PSN store so i picked that up.

Hitman is waaaaaay better then AC3 and Uncharted.

Gonzo
12-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Havent touched AC3 in a few weeks, it was nothing special, looks pretty but plays the same as the other ones and just as tedious. GTA San andreas just got released on the PSN store so i picked that up.

Hitman is waaaaaay better then AC3 and Uncharted.

That would be one hell of an accomplishment. I just went back and started playing Red Dead Redemption. Probably the best game ever created.

Rugby Thompson
12-12-2012, 08:17 PM
I liked Red Dead Redemption but i'm not really into westerns so it didn't really intrigue me like it should have. The game was amazing though, Hitman blew me away though. It has elements of Uncharted in it, smoooooth as hell crisp HD graphics and physics and you actually feel like an Assasin in this opposed to AC3, there's so manys of killing you're target and completing the objective. I'd post some vids but I can't post threads or attachments for some reason :(

ThaVirus
12-13-2012, 01:10 AM
That would be one hell of an accomplishment. I just went back and started playing Red Dead Redemption. Probably the best game ever created.

Best game ever? I thought it was great; so good actually that I refuse to trade it in, but I feel like its too much like GTA in the old West to deserve such praise.

My top 5 single-player games of all time, off the top of my head:

Final Fantasy VII
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario World
GTA: San Andreas
Super Mario RPG

Guru
12-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Best game ever? I thought it was great; so good actually that I refuse to trade it in, but I feel like its too much like GTA in the old West to deserve such praise.

Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG

I see a trend there.

mdchiefsfan
12-13-2012, 07:35 AM
This is off topic, but has anyone played Heavy Rain? That game was amazing. It's more like a movie than anything. Here's a good description from Wikipedia:

Heavy Rain is an Interactive psychological thriller video game created by French developer Quantic Dream exclusively for the PlayStation 3. The game is written and directed by Quantic Dream's founder and CEO David Cage.[6] Heavy Rain's story is a dramatic thriller modelled after film noir, featuring four protagonists involved with the mystery of the Origami Killer, a serial killer who uses extended periods of rainfall to drown his victims.
Ethan Mars is trying to save his son from being the next victim, while investigative journalist Madison Paige, FBI profiler Norman Jayden, and private detective Scott Shelby are each trying to track down clues to the Origami Killer's identity. The player interacts with the game by performing actions highlighted on screen related to motions on the controller, and in some cases, performing a series of quick time events during fast-paced action sequences. The player's decisions and actions during the game will affect the narrative. The main characters can be killed, and certain actions may lead to different scenes and endings.

If you haven't played it make sure you do.

Guru
12-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Heavy Rain is a great game but I didn't see much value in playing it multiple times.

mdchiefsfan
12-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Heavy Rain is a great game but I didn't see much value in playing it multiple times.

Yea, it's definitely a renter, but just an all around different video game.

Gonzo
12-13-2012, 08:07 AM
I bought heavy rain a few months ago. Just an awesome game. Purchase it from game stop or something similar, (used is like 7 bucks). It's worth replaying a couple times then shelve it for six months and then do it again. Like a really good movie...

ThaVirus
12-13-2012, 02:04 PM
I see a trend there.

What's that?

Guru
12-13-2012, 11:35 PM
What's that?

You like Nintendo.

ThaVirus
12-14-2012, 12:18 AM
You like Nintendo.

I guess..

I owned a Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 growing up so there's a lot of nostalgia attached to them.

Setsuna
12-16-2012, 01:39 AM
I've never even come close to thinking about playing the multiplayer in AC.

Singeplayer games are never good multiplayer games... What do you do? Just sit in piles of hay waiting for someone to walk by?
ROFL Nah you have an assigned target and you have to find him while other people target you. You have to hide from pursuers while you pursue someone else. That's the basic game mode but there are others. You get a wide variety of abilities that help you misdirect or kill more efficiently. But instead people run around not caring that they will be discovered and act like fools. I'm the only one that spends the most time blended in with things.

Final Fantasy VII
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG

:thumb: That takes me way back. Geno is the best character and Mallow is next once you unlock all his abilities.

MotherfuckerJones
12-16-2012, 04:12 AM
I've quit trading my games in unless its a sports title which a new one comes out every year. I love assassins creed 3. Since ive kept so many of my games ive barely played this game. Between Far Cry and Splinter Cell Double Agent im busy with those 2

ThaVirus
12-16-2012, 11:07 AM
:thumb: That takes me way back. Geno is the best character and Mallow is next once you unlock all his abilities.

Hell yeah, that game was amazing and totally underrated.

Who were all the characters? Mario, Mallow, Geno, Bowser, Peach.. and I feel like there was at least one more...?

Setsuna
12-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Hell yeah, that game was amazing and totally underrated.

Who were all the characters? Mario, Mallow, Geno, Bowser, Peach.. and I feel like there was at least one more...?

Hmmmm.....there may have been. I do feel like there was more. But yes very underrated. I play it on the snes emulator from time to time.

Guru
01-07-2013, 12:15 AM
I hate these ship battles.

mdchiefsfan
01-07-2013, 07:48 AM

Why?

Guru
01-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Why?

I keep dying. Why else. It is that first one with the forts.

Rugby Thompson
01-07-2013, 09:58 AM
This game kinda sucks now.

Setsuna
01-08-2013, 06:00 PM

You just suck at it. Think about projectory and physics. You obviously don't shoot at the towers when the cannon highlighted path is RIGHT on the towers. Your ship is moving therefore you have shoot a little beforehand. Also upgrade your ship. It's on the table right next to the old guy that you talk to to see the missions. Get another cannon or incendiary cannon fire and you can buy things that fortify damage soak of your ship. Also you can essentially go out as far as you can on that mission to where the mortars can't even reach and come back around. Also covering pretty much makes you take zero damage once you have no more damage left to spare.

ThaVirus
01-08-2013, 09:28 PM
You just suck at it. Think about projectory and physics. You obviously don't shoot at the towers when the cannon highlighted path is RIGHT on the towers. Your ship is moving therefore you have shoot a little beforehand. Also upgrade your ship. It's on the table right next to the old guy that you talk to to see the missions. Get another cannon or incendiary cannon fire and you can buy things that fortify damage soak of your ship. Also you can essentially go out as far as you can on that mission to where the mortars can't even reach and come back around. Also covering pretty much makes you take zero damage once you have no more damage left to spare.

I think you mean 'trajectory'.

Guru
01-09-2013, 01:03 AM

INteresting. Another post I found out there said to wait for them to shoot and then go full sail to avoid them, then come to full stop and shoot. Rinse repeat.

I'll try both this weekend when I get a chance to play again.

ThaVirus
02-28-2013, 12:20 PM
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/insertcoin/files/2013/02/ac-art.jpg

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/02/28/ubisoft-hoists-assassins-creed-4s-black-flag/

Ubisoft Hoists Assassin's Creed 4's Black Flag
Comment Now Follow Comments

Ubisoft has wasted no time in announcing their next numbered installment in the Assassin’s Creed series. Today they’ve unveiled Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag which takes the game to the high seas uh, again, I suppose. With the announcement, they’ve said that the game will be coming to the PS3, 360, Wii U and PC, with the PS3 version getting 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay. The box art has also debuted for all the various box copies. No word yet on the PS4.

In case you couldn’t tell, the game is pirate-themed, based on our central Assassin hero wielding a cutlass and dual pistols with a black skull-adorned flag behind him.

It’s an interesting move for the series, and one that surely came about during the development of Assassin’s Creed 3. If you’re like me, you probably played through several of that game’s naval battles and wondered, “damn, why didn’t they just make an awesome pirate game?” Well, apparently Ubisoft had the same idea.

What’s interesting is that the game will likely not leap forward into the future as drastically as the last two titles, if it jumps forward at all. Piracy has been a long-running profession, but if we’re talking about the truly famous era of pirates, that spans from maybe the 1500s to the 1700s. Assassin’s Creed 3 takes place during the American revolution in the late 18th century, so the games could theoretically overlap, or 4 could actually take place before 3, which would be quite different for the series indeed. As the series likes using actual historical figures it seems like it might be in an earlier time period. Blackbeard, for example, died in 1718. (Update: According The Examiner [take that how you will] the protagonist is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway and grandfather of Connor of AC3).

Another change is the fact that Ubisoft isn’t making a bunch of AC3 spin-off titles the way they did with AC2. We followed Ezio through Brotherhood and Revelation, but it appears that won’t be the case here (other than the PSP’s Liberation). Rather, they’re moving straight on to another era, which is something I can’t complain about. I found parts of the AC2 quasi-sequels to be good, but they felt awfully repetitive and the series seemed like it needed to just move on. It appears Ubisoft agrees with that sentiment.

We know next to nothing about Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag other than its pirate setting, but supposedly we’ll hear more information Monday. Stay tuned.

Setsuna
02-28-2013, 12:32 PM
ROFL who in the world will buy a PS3 now that the PS4 has been announced? What a bunch of tools you are Ubisoft. You'd sell more games and more XBOX units if you made it exclusive to the 360. Terrible business decision. BUT this looks sick!!!

Big Smoke
02-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I went ahead and jumped on this deal even though I have not played any of the games. There is a DLC title "The tyranny of King Washington" that will be available early next year that sounds cool. I am a fan of alternate history, am hoping this game lives up to the hype.

I was just skimming along and could have sworn I read "The tranny of King Washington". :)

Fruit Ninja
02-28-2013, 01:00 PM
ROFL who in the world will buy a PS3 now that the PS4 has been announced? What a bunch of tools you are Ubisoft. You'd sell more games and more XBOX units if you made it exclusive to the 360. Terrible business decision. BUT this looks sick!!!

I don't see how if u have a ps3 and a 360 u get it for the ps3. If u only have Xbox u get it for that.

Big Smoke
02-28-2013, 02:20 PM
I picked up this game a couple days ago. So far I am loving it. The crafting stuff seems kinda dumb. I like hunting stuff. Pretty interesting you start out playing the game as a Templar. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the game holds.

Setsuna
02-28-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't see how if u have a ps3 and a 360 u get it for the ps3. If u only have Xbox u get it for that.

If I had a PS3 I'd be frantically trying to sell it and the games I had. Its value is declining rapidly.

Back to the new game. I wish the protagonist was a woman though. The AC Liberation wasn't really on scale with the console ACs so it doesn't count. Also can't the guy have a different type of outfit? I assume the ONLY think that matters for an Assassin to be seen as an Assassin to allies is the symbol which can be placed on anything you wear. If it's sea based then he needs to have a better sea worthy outfit. All I'm saying. A sleeveless outfit would be pretty sick though. Lame Ubisoft. Be moar creative!

Guru
03-01-2013, 01:25 AM
If I had a PS3 I'd be frantically trying to sell it and the games I had. Its value is declining rapidly.

Back to the new game. I wish the protagonist was a woman though. The AC Liberation wasn't really on scale with the console ACs so it doesn't count. Also can't the guy have a different type of outfit? I assume the ONLY think that matters for an Assassin to be seen as an Assassin to allies is the symbol which can be placed on anything you wear. If it's sea based then he needs to have a better sea worthy outfit. All I'm saying. A sleeveless outfit would be pretty sick though. Lame Ubisoft. Be moar creative!

:spock:

Fruit Ninja
03-01-2013, 01:39 AM

well, i dont have to worry about shit, my ps3 took a shit last year. lol Ill wait n get the next xbox instead, cause we all know its coming fairly close to the release of the PS4. MS isnt stupid, not business wise anyways.

I still have to buy the other assasins creed games. I just finally finished 2 and i played it then got stuck on super street fighter IV and never played any other games lol.

now for Brotherhood and Revalations.

Guru
03-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Hell, my one PS3 has been a workhorse compared to my 3 Xboxs. Now my Slim is even starting to sound like shit. I don't get why MS makes such crappy products now. Teh original Xbox was a fucking beast.

Fruit Ninja
03-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Hell, my one PS3 has been a workhorse compared to my 3 Xboxs. Now my Slim is even starting to sound like shit. I don't get why MS makes such crappy products now. Teh original Xbox was a ****ing beast.

i have put my xbox's through hell and back and my xbox broke down twice. Its pre hdmi days, it still works after 2 free repairs from MS, but now i use it for just a media center, it doesnt eject anymore. I bought a slim that i have put through hell with Super Street Fighter IV and netflix and its been running like a champ.

I didnt put my ps3 though that much before it died, but there is no free repairs for that, and its to late in the cycle to buy another one, already have a stand alone blu ray player.

Gonzo
03-02-2013, 09:56 PM
I had the original PS3 for almost 5 years (bought it used) and I put it through hell before it stopped reading games. My new model is awesome and hasn't had a problem. I had an Xbox for about two months then i traded it in on an iPad. I hated the ****ing thing.

Setsuna
03-02-2013, 11:03 PM
I had the original PS3 for almost 5 years (bought it used) and I put it through hell before it stopped reading games. My new model is awesome and hasn't had a problem. I had an Xbox for about two months then i traded it in on an iPad. I hated the ****ing thing.

Start saving up for the PS4. There apparently isn't a way to play PS3 disks on the new one.

Guru
03-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Start saving up for the PS4. There apparently isn't a way to play PS3 disks on the new one.That is one thing I am really not thrilled about. Why Sony hates backwards compatibility is beyond me.

They honestly expect people to repurchase the same game just so they can play it on a new system.

ThaVirus
03-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Trailer's been out for a couple days now, I guess. Looks fucking epic. Then again, they always do..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YMcMph-TW9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big Smoke
03-13-2013, 09:29 PM
So Assassins Creed 4 IV will be based mostly at sea? I like the sea missions on III but not sure if I want a whole game full of battle at sea.

DaFace
03-13-2013, 09:48 PM
So Assassins Creed 4 IV will be based mostly at sea? I like the sea missions on III but not sure if I want a whole game full of battle at sea.

I can't imagine they'd go that far with it. My guess is it'll have MORE at sea, but a lot of the action happening at various ports.

Guru
03-14-2013, 01:01 AM
the at sea missions pretty much turned me off the game. I can't go any further now because I cant get past the three forts mission.

Big Smoke
03-19-2013, 01:00 AM
the at sea missions pretty much turned me off the game. I can't go any further now because I cant get past the three forts mission.

Upgrade your ship? The sea missions were my favorite part of the game, and not that much of a challenge IMO. What are you having trouble with?

Anyone know when the DLC comes out today? It says March 19th... well it's March 19th.

Guru
03-19-2013, 05:44 AM
Upgrade your ship? The sea missions were my favorite part of the game, and not that much of a challenge IMO. What are you having trouble with?

Anyone know when the DLC comes out today? It says March 19th... well it's March 19th.

I could never stop long enough to accurately aim at the forts so I just kept swiping by hoping to hit the target. Every time I actually stopped I get decimated.

this was the first AC that I actually enjoyed playing until I hit this brick wall. Haven't touched it in a month now because of it. I just don't have time for figuring out learning curves like that. When I fail 10 times I pretty much lose interest.

Big Smoke
03-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Upgrade your hull and buy the fire shot... takes out those forts pretty quickly. Just have to time getting close to the forts in between the fire from the forts.