PDA

View Full Version : Football Icing on the cake would be Kyle Orton starting and doing well for Dallas

Death2CasselFans
10-30-2012, 03:00 AM
Fans in Dallas are calling for Orton to start. Hopefully Romo keeps losing in "Casselisque" manner (through turnovers and dumb plays).

Anyways, the main reason I want Orton to play and do well is to embarrass Pioli for not resigning him.

SPchief
10-30-2012, 03:05 AM
You are really a dumb mother fucker

Phobia
10-30-2012, 03:10 AM
I'm reasonably certain there is enough compelling evidence against Pioli at this juncture. Orton wasn't the answer any more than Romeo was the answer.

KC Tattoo
10-30-2012, 03:13 AM
I get that Orton is better than Cassell but for the life of me why in the fuck would we want him as a Chief? Much like Romo he has the tendency to throw to the wrong team. So it's just going be moot if they do go with Orton.

Can we not just accept other teams trash and pick our own QBotf from the draft? Can the "true fans" grasp that idea for a change? Why do we do this to ourselves?

I can give a fuck less about Kyle fucking Orton honestly. Can we move on? We suck with Cassell. We lost to the Raiders last year with Orton after we beat the Packers. We only could score one touchdown against the Broncos our last game and that was a McCluster run. Orton has trouble finding the endzone that was the knock on him in Denver ask the donkie fans. I hate Cassell but a shit sandwich with cheese is still a shit sandwich.

TEX
10-30-2012, 03:24 AM
I'm reasonably certain there is enough compelling evidence against Pioli at this juncture. Orton wasn't the answer any more than Romeo was the answer.

I disagree. He was certainly more of an answer. Maybe not the perminent ansswer, but the best stop - gap option at the time.

Guru
10-30-2012, 03:25 AM
Dallas is dumb. Welcome to the club.

Phobia
10-30-2012, 03:35 AM
I disagree. He was certainly more of an answer. Maybe not the perminent ansswer, but the best stop - gap option at the time.

You think any Chiefs fan wants another stop-gap, some other team's discards, another multiple-stop failure behind center at any point now or in the near future? Fifty years... the Chiefs have NEVER, not once, ever developed their own QB successfully.

KC Tattoo
10-30-2012, 04:10 AM
I remember a game at Infested field. Kyle Orton was the broncos QB. DJ picked him off twice and they went for TDs. That was awesome!. Cheers Kyle Orton.

Insert Kyle Orton Jack Daniels gif

R8RFAN
10-30-2012, 06:25 AM
You are really a dumb mother ****er

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

htismaqe
10-30-2012, 06:39 AM
I remember a game at Infested field. Kyle Orton was the broncos QB. DJ picked him off twice and they went for TDs. That was awesome!. Cheers Kyle Orton.

Insert Kyle Orton Jack Daniels gif

So lazy. 15 seconds and a Google search. :D

htismaqe
10-30-2012, 06:40 AM
You think any Chiefs fan wants another stop-gap, some other team's discards, another multiple-stop failure behind center at any point now or in the near future? Fifty years... the Chiefs have NEVER, not once, ever developed their own QB successfully.

:clap::clap::clap:

The fascination with Kyle fucking Orton is just further evidence how far this fanbase has fallen.

CoMoChief
10-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Orton > Cassel > Quinn

Problem is? All 3 suck.

KC needs to draft their own 1st rd franchise QB....that's what this league has moved to.

Move along.

Baconeater
10-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Cool, I hope Orton gets the starting gig and loses lots of games for them.

Guru
10-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Orton > Cassel > Quinn

Problem is? All 3 suck.

KC needs to draft their own 1st rd franchise QB....that's what this league has moved to.

Move along.

Time for Blackledge 2.0 :evil:

KC Tattoo
10-30-2012, 06:53 AM
So lazy. 15 seconds and a Google search. :D

Yes was lazy LMAO but you got the wrong one. This is it.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr194/lorincej/KyleOrton.gif

Hoover
10-30-2012, 06:57 AM
not to mention that Orton would need to actually play before we start talking about him doing well.

theelusiveeightrop
10-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Once again, if Kyle Orton is the answer, what is the question?

htismaqe
10-30-2012, 07:18 AM

For some reason, my stupid PC saved it as a JPG. WTF?!?!

:D

htismaqe
10-30-2012, 07:18 AM

What is Jack Daniels?

I'll take "Backup QBs that don't suck" for $600, Alex.

loochy
10-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Fans in Dallas are calling for Orton to start.

No they aren't.

Hopefully Romo keeps losing in "Casselisque" manner (through turnovers and dumb plays).

He's so far away from Casselesque that it isn't even funny.

Anyways, the main reason I want Orton to play and do well is to embarrass Pioli for not resigning him.

Yeah, but I think Orton really really didn't want to be here anyway. And can Pioli be any more embarrassed than he already is?

Predarat
10-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Orton is a good backup, but still > cAssHole.

MahiMike
10-30-2012, 08:45 AM

The fascination with Kyle ****ing Orton is just further evidence how far this fanbase has fallen.

Dunno. Just barely missed being the team that beat Steelers in the playoffs instead of Denver. There were 2 bumps in production last year; Crennel and Orton. One is still here...

Deberg_1990
10-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Orton isnt starting in Dallas so its a moot point.

Ironically, the Cowboys situation is somewhat simliar to the Chiefs, although not quite as bad.

An Owner/GM who rules with an iron fist and basically wants to be the Head Coach and make gameday decisions. He hires a "Yes man" foot shuffling porter thats weak and will do whatever he says. They both fall in love with a "B" level QB and wont ever bring in any legit competition for him or acknowledge his faults and shortcomings.

htismaqe
10-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Dunno. Just barely missed being the team that beat Steelers in the playoffs instead of Denver. There were 2 bumps in production last year; Crennel and Orton. One is still here...

Bumps in production?

They were AWFUL with Orton and eeked out a couple of wins because the defense was good.

tredadda
10-30-2012, 08:56 AM
What did Orton do here that would have justified us resigning him? One 300 yard game and a 299 yard game? Beating GB even though that was more on the defense than Orton? Winning a 7-3 shootout against the mighty Tebow led Broncos? Orton moved the ball better than Cassel, but scored about as frequently which is not good. Points, not yards win games so no to Orton.

tredadda
10-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Bumps in production?

They were AWFUL with Orton and eeked out a couple of wins because the defense was good.

^ This x10000000000000000000. Had it not been for the defense catching fire we could have easily lost our last 3 instead of winning 2 of them. It was not because of Orton we went 2-1 in our last three games.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Heres the diffence between Kyle Orton and Matt Cassel/Quinn:

Orton 5-11
Cassel/Quinn 2-14

Red Beans
10-30-2012, 08:58 AM

I'll take to beat a dead horse and topics about which not one single shit was given, for 200 Alex.

tredadda
10-30-2012, 08:59 AM

Orton 5-11
Cassel/Quinn 2-14

That's sad no matter how one looks at it.

BigChiefTablet
10-30-2012, 10:09 AM
The Chiefs are going to get Romo when they run him out of town in Dallas.

That is the kind of shit I expect from this team after decades of disappointment.

loochy
10-30-2012, 10:12 AM

Orton 5-11
Cassel/Quinn 2-14

I like getting stabbed with a knife better than getting stabbed with a spoon.

htismaqe
10-30-2012, 10:21 AM
The Chiefs are going to get Romo when they run him out of town in Dallas.

That is the kind of shit I expect from this team after decades of disappointment.

Precisely.

You know that's what Daddy-in-law is telling Pioli RIGHT NOW.

listopencil
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM
^ This x10000000000000000000. Had it not been for the defense catching fire we could have easily lost our last 3 instead of winning 2 of them. It was not because of Orton we went 2-1 in our last three games.

I think Orton left because he assumed that the same thing would happen to him that happened every other place he has played. He goes in, does an overall decent enough job. The team grabs a QB with a higher ceiling at some point to replace him, Orton eventually gets replaced. Orton's not a bad QB. He's decent. He can run an NFL Offense and a good team will do well with him. If, and that's a big "if", KC was going to pick up a QBotF this last draft they would have been wise to sign Orton.

listopencil
10-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Off the top of my head, you guys could have signed Orton to a four year deal. Then you draft Brock Osweiler. Then you sit Os behind him for two or three seasons to learn the ropes. At that point the FO makes the decision. Maybe trades Orton or keeps him as the back up.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-30-2012, 10:50 AM
They need to cut Romo loose after this year. It's been six years, hardly no consistent production out of him. He's not getting any better.

listopencil
10-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Osweiler is 6'7" and was 242 coming out of college. That's just crazy to me.

R8RFAN
10-30-2012, 11:05 AM
They need to cut Romo loose after this year. It's been six years, hardly no consistent production out of him. He's not getting any better.

He is still a pretty damn good QB and he is tough....

loochy
10-30-2012, 11:07 AM

It wouldn't do them any good. They won't find better on the market and even if they drafted a young stud it'd still take time for him to learn. The problems are MUCH deeper than QB on that team. Besides, he's not THAT bad. I'd put him in the high average category, and on given days he can be great or awful.

Garcia Bronco
10-30-2012, 11:07 AM

I was at that game. I couldn't believe it when he pulle dout the bottle.

listopencil
10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I was at that game. I couldn't believe it when he pulled out the bottle.

Was he fined for that? Or no, because it happened after the game?

loochy
10-30-2012, 11:10 AM

:facepalm:

Garcia Bronco
11-05-2012, 07:08 PM

Exactly. He was driving the "bandwagon gathering fans as it went down 25" -Dave Logan.

Molitoth
11-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Kyle Orton at mediocracy may have kept Pioli in town even longer.

This season NEEDED to happen. (last year)

Sorter
11-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Kyle Orton at mediocracy may have kept Pioli in town even longer.

This season NEEDED to happen. (last year)

Yup. We were close. Then we had to beat Indy, Chicago(Cutler had to go and get hurt), SD (Fluke), GB, Denver, Minny.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
It wouldn't do them any good. They won't find better on the market and even if they drafted a young stud it'd still take time for him to learn.

Spoken like a true fan LMAO. Let me guess, you want us to do the same? Trade for a veteran instead of drafting one?

He is the king of inconsistency. It's been 6 YEARS. He has been essentially the same QB and hasn't gotten any better.

Bump
11-05-2012, 07:46 PM
"who the fuck is Kyle Orton?"

-Clark Hunt

themanwithnoname
11-05-2012, 09:30 PM
And yeah to the person that said the Chiefs will probably end up with Romo, that's what I'm expecting.

My nightmare is Pioli is still here, another Patriots cast off for HC, Daboll kept as OC for "continuity", and Romo picked up and then a competition between him and Cassel ensues.

The fascination with Kyle ****ing Orton is just further evidence how far this fanbase has fallen.

Or Brady Quinn or Stanzi or Croyle or...

I think Orton left because he assumed that the same thing would happen to him that happened every other place he has played. He goes in, does an overall decent enough job. The team grabs a QB with a higher ceiling at some point to replace him, Orton eventually gets replaced. Orton's not a bad QB. He's decent. He can run an NFL Offense and a good team will do well with him. If, and that's a big "if", KC was going to pick up a QBotF this last draft they would have been wise to sign Orton.

I agree other than the higher ceiling stuff. He left because he could get paid the same or better to sit on the bench in Dallas instead of get stuck in another clusterfuck QB situation. It was a no brainer move.

morphius
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
It takes every last bit of self control I have to not put an automatic word replacement on the BB software for Orton. If you think that red zone choking QB is the solution, you may just be beyond hope. It is like day dreaming of the greatness that is Grbac. Pathetic.

rtmike
11-05-2012, 11:39 PM

So signing Chris Chambers...........
-Stanford Rhoutt
-Zach Thomas,
-Bobby Engram
-Mike Goff (was he already here?)
-Ryan O'Callaghan
-Leonard Pope
-Jerheme Urban
-Thomas Jones
-Kelly Gregg
-Brandon Siler
-Le’Ron McClain
-Steve Breaston (jury's still out, he's regressed this year)
-Mike Vrabel
-Matilda Castle
-Monty Beisel
-Brian De La Puente
-Jerrad Page
-Bernard Pollard (released, starting for Baltimore)
-Brian Waters (released)
-Sabby Piscitelli
-Jared Gaither
-Keary Colbert
-Kevin Curtis
-Lance Long
-Ashley Lelie
-Amani Toomer
-Connor Barth (Pro Bowl K for TB now, Pioli released him)
-Tom Crabtree (back up TE in GB) .....wasn't good enough?

I spent about 15 minutes coming up with this list. As I was sifting through pages, the thought kept occurring to me that it'd be faster & easier to come up with a list of the players he's actually done well signing.

Easy 6
11-05-2012, 11:46 PM
It takes every last bit of self control I have to not put an automatic word replacement on the BB software for Orton. If you think that red zone choking QB is the solution, you may just be beyond hope. It is like day dreaming of the greatness that is Grbac. Pathetic.

Agreed.

He would've only prolonged the inevitable, about three games or so of him running us up & down the twenty yard lines with little to show for it, would've been just another slow death.

Lets just be happy that he was smart enough to get the hell out.

SNR
11-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Off the top of my head, you guys could have signed Orton to a four year deal. Then you draft Brock Osweiler. Then you sit Os behind him for two or three seasons to learn the ropes. At that point the FO makes the decision. Maybe trades Orton or keeps him as the back up.

Assweiler sucks. He will never be a dependable NFL QB

Guru
11-06-2012, 02:34 AM

I nominate Jack Daniels.