PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mod help please

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 09:26 AM
I am having trouble changing my avatar. Please help! The attached pic is what I would like to change to.

Thanks!

Donger
10-30-2012, 09:28 AM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1636/27243064121234332791.gif

loochy
10-30-2012, 09:28 AM
If you press F4 while holding down the Alt button it will shrink the picture down small enough to fit in your avatar.

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 09:30 AM
The avatar I have now is my car right as I started the restoration. It is very outdated as my car is now a featured car for GM Classics. The new pic is a blown 355 I am currently tuning in the car. Thanks again!

Mr. Flopnuts
There you go big boy.

Predarat
This is fixed for you. Hit Control-Alt-arrowdown to see the changes.

loochy
10-30-2012, 09:31 AM
There you go big boy.

ROFL

Donger
10-30-2012, 09:31 AM
LMAO

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 09:33 AM
%(/:loser:LMAO

Ceej
10-30-2012, 09:33 AM
You're so patriotic, FRC.

Nice bow.

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the laugh! I should have expected that lol

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 09:36 AM
The funny thing is that my daughter just talked me into saving a little kitten that was injured and dumped off somewhere. So I took it home and it is going to the vet today. Has some sort of infection, its left front paw was smashed, and it had been accidentally locked in a shop for a couple days without the owner knowing so it had been without food and water for that time. Plus the temps had dropped into the 20's here. So the pic of the cat is warranted. :)

R8RFAN
10-30-2012, 09:39 AM
There you go big boy.

LMAOROFL

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 09:39 AM
At the 2012 Super Chevy Show

R8RFAN
10-30-2012, 09:40 AM

sweet....

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 09:41 AM
sweet.... Thanks!

Radar Chief
10-30-2012, 09:41 AM

:thumb: http://i45.tinypic.com/ayrd6h.gifhttp://i45.tinypic.com/6ooljn.gif

R8RFAN
10-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks!

you build it? Love the paint

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah it is constantly being modified in one fashion or another. I just did a cam swap to a solid roller; did some head work; and put the 6-71 on the car this spring. I also just added an air/fuel and boost guage to help with the tune. I've had some trouble getting it timed and that air/fuel right for the blower. Plus I also have nitrous on the car but I haven't sprayed the motor yet. I am waiting until I tune it in better and upgrade my fuel pump before I spray it.

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 09:46 AM
you build it? Love the paint
I did hire someone to paint it just because I wanted it to be show quality. I can paint but I am not talented enough of a painter to do it that nice.

R8RFAN
10-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah it is constantly being modified in one fashion or another. I just did a cam swap to a solid roller; did some head work; and put the 6-71 on the car this spring. I also just added an air/fuel and boost guage to help with the tune. I've had some trouble getting it timed and that air/fuel right for the blower. Plus I also have nitrous on the car but I haven't sprayed the motor yet. I am waiting until I tune it in better and upgrade my fuel pump before I spray it.

Very nice but you just lost about 90% of the young punks on this forum, they know as much about about American muscle as they do Vagina and that ain't much.

Canofbier
10-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Very nice but you just lost about 90% of the young punks on this forum, they know as much about about American muscle as they do Vagina and that ain't much.

My feelings are hurt... :deevee::(

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Yeah I've gotten into some conversations with the younger generations regarding air/fuel ratio's and cam spec's and I just get a blank stare. If they can't plug a computer in and tune it through electronics then they are lost. Sad that this is becoming a lost art. Roots blowers epitomize what it is to be a hot rod!

I have an older guy that used to run on the top fuel circuit that gives me advice when I need it. He owns a shop on the NE coast and I call him all the time. He is invaluable!

Radar Chief
10-30-2012, 10:00 AM
My feelings are hurt... :deevee::(

I take it you didnít understand what FRCDFED was talking about then?

Radar Chief
10-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Roots blowers epitomize what it is to be a hot rod!

They certainly provide the bling, thatís for sure. :thumb:
Nothing says ďDonít even ask unless youíre putting money on the lineĒ like a blower poking out the hood.

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 10:59 AM
They certainly provide the bling, thatís for sure. :thumb:
Nothing says ďDonít even ask unless youíre putting money on the lineĒ like a blower poking out the hood. Funny you say that. Whenever I take it to a local cruise-in its like someone put up the bat signal. Every 5.0 Mustang for 20 miles show up and try to race me. I've got over $80k in the car and it has nothing to prove.

Radar Chief
10-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Funny you say that. Whenever I take it to a local cruise-in its like someone put up the bat signal. Every 5.0 Mustang for 20 miles show up and try to race me. I've got over $80k in the car and it has nothing to prove.

I see that all the time.
They want to race because they have nothing to lose. If you beat them you shouldíve, youíve got a blown Chevy on the juice. But if they get lucky and you flub the launch then hey, they just beat that blown Chevy on the juice.

Easy 6
10-30-2012, 11:32 AM

Yeah nice, but it sure aint no toyota :p

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 11:44 AM
I see that all the time.
They want to race because they have nothing to lose. If you beat them you shouldíve, youíve got a blown Chevy on the juice. But if they get lucky and you flub the launch then hey, they just beat that blown Chevy on the juice. What kind of car do you have? You're right about the part that they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Aside from the possibility of messing up the launch I could also twist the driveshaft or tear up an expensive part. Just not worth it!

loochy
10-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Do you have a Hello Kitty sticker in the back window?

TEX
10-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Funny you say that. Whenever I take it to a local cruise-in its like someone put up the bat signal. Every 5.0 Mustang for 20 miles show up and try to race me. I've got over $80k in the car and it has nothing to prove.

Very Nice! What kind of blower? You have nothing to prove, but they obviously do...

I hear ya though, when I take my car out, they show up as well, as do Corvetts. So dumb becaue I never street race. It's Houston Raceway Park or nothing.

BTW, my plates almost said 4cefed, but went with something else...

FRCDFED
10-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Very Nice! What kind of blower? You have nothing to prove, but they obviously do...

I hear ya though, when I take my car out, they show up as well, as do Corvetts. So dumb becaue I never street race. It's Houston Raceway Park or nothing.

BTW, my plates almost said 4cefed, but went with something else... Thanks! Yeah I never street race. When I finally tune it then I have a race set up with my co-worker for bragging rights. He has a supercharged Viper. It is a pretty fast car but I think I'll get him.

It is a 6-71 blower from The Blower Shop. A very nice blower! I'm running a pair of Quickfuel 650's on it. It kinda sucks having dual carbs because of having to change the jets for tuning but it sure looks badass! I think on motor I should be in the neighborhood of 650 - 680 hp, which is plenty for a street/cruiser. At the moment I am running a 10 lb upper boost puller but I suspect the heads are going to limit the air flow to around 8 lbs. Plus the nitrous under boost should be another 250 - 275.

Radar Chief
10-30-2012, 01:04 PM
What kind of car do you have? You're right about the part that they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Aside from the possibility of messing up the launch I could also twist the driveshaft or tear up an expensive part. Just not worth it!

Not a car, motorcycle. í95 Kawasaki ZX9, used to drag race it a little, have a couple friends that are pretty hard core about their drag racing so I still kind of hang around the scene but since I had a kid I havenít raced.
The motor in my avatar is in my Jeep, a í60 CJ-5, if thatís what you were wondering.

memyselfI
10-30-2012, 02:13 PM
The funny thing is that my daughter just talked me into saving a little kitten that was injured and dumped off somewhere. So I took it home and it is going to the vet today. Has some sort of infection, its left front paw was smashed, and it had been accidentally locked in a shop for a couple days without the owner knowing so it had been without food and water for that time. Plus the temps had dropped into the 20's here. So the pic of the cat is warranted. :)

Good on you for saving the life of that little kitty. FWIW, I LOVE your avatar. :D

FRCDFED
10-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Not a car, motorcycle. í95 Kawasaki ZX9, used to drag race it a little, have a couple friends that are pretty hard core about their drag racing so I still kind of hang around the scene but since I had a kid I havenít raced.
The motor in my avatar is in my Jeep, a í60 CJ-5, if thatís what you were wondering.Same here. I just got rid of my GSXR 1000 for health reasons. Same deal. Everyone with a smaller bike wanted to test it. Of course it wasn't even close. That GSXR 1000 is a bad bike right off the shelf. :)

Dave Lane
10-31-2012, 11:30 AM
The avatar I have now is my car right as I started the restoration. It is very outdated as my car is now a featured car for GM Classics. The new pic is a blown 355 I am currently tuning in the car. Thanks again!

You can do that and not post an Avy? Wow...

Radar Chief
10-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Same here. I just got rid of my GSXR 1000 for health reasons. Same deal. Everyone with a smaller bike wanted to test it. Of course it wasn't even close. That GSXR 1000 is a bad bike right off the shelf. :)

Yes, yes they are. Thatís what my Motorcycle Drag Racing buddy did his NHRA license test on. He chose to do it on his Gixxer because he could run anything from a low 9 to a 12 on request and thatís basically what they want to see in the test, they want to see that you have control of your scoot.