PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

bowener
02-19-2013, 11:52 PM
They have at least 125 scripts in episodic form. The issue has been budget.

George said at one point that it would cost $4 million per to produce so for even 12 episodes, you're talking $48 million. HBO and TNT were the early suitors until the numbers were crunched.

Now, with the success of Game of Thrones, it might be a possibility, because they're spending $30-40 million per season (but most of those fees are location fees, not Post, like Star Wars).

Anyway, I think we'll see something in the next 3-5 years.

This is why I want to be your everything.

I don't even know what that means.

DaneMcCloud
02-20-2013, 09:13 AM
PR or no, i personally feel he can be trusted with the work. People get worked up about the prequels, but i think its more of an age/perspective thing than a great gulf of awesomeness seperating the two. Is peter cushing really a better actor than liam neeson? Anywho, with Kasdan writing, Abrams in the chair, and Lucas advising, there is great potential here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kasdan is not writing the film that Abrams is directing.

He's writing a non-episodic piece or trilogy. It could be Yoda, Solo or even Boba Fett.

Deberg_1990
02-20-2013, 10:10 AM

He's writing a non-episodic piece or trilogy. It could be Yoda, Solo or even Boba Fett.

Cool. im actually more interested in the stand alone stuff outside of the Skywalker family

Frazod
02-20-2013, 10:44 AM

I wish they'd go the Old Republic route. Completely new characters. What's the point of having origin stories of existing characters, especially when their deaths have already been seen? :shake:

DaneMcCloud
02-20-2013, 10:55 AM
I wish they'd go the Old Republic route. Completely new characters. What's the point of having origin stories of existing characters, especially when their deaths have already been seen? :shake:

I'm sure that they will at some point. From what I understand, there's going to be a continuation of the original trilogy in Episodes 7, 8 & 9 (in which Abrams is locked to direct 7), movies about Yoda, Solo and Boba Fett (which could possibly become trilogies) and other movies from the Star Wars universe until 2022, at least.

There were whispers a few years ago that a Yoda series would start somewhere around 900 years ago, set in the Old Republic. I don't see any reason for them NOT to begin his origin story at that time, as it wouldn't make any sense for them to start when he was 100, 200 or 300 years old.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Well, shite.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
02-20-2013, 02:12 PM
And now I am going to fap so hard.

Mark Hamill has been approached to reprise his role as Luke Skywalker in "Star Wars: Episode VII."

http://yhoo.it/UIxXVa

First thing's first: Yes, Mark Hamill has been approached to reprise his role as Luke Skywalker in "Star Wars: Episode VII." But as with anything else involving what's arguably the most highly anticipated sequel since, well, "Star Wars: Episode I" (and that was a prequel, mind you), nothing's official just yet.

"They're talking to us," said the 61-year-old Hamill in a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight. "George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts -- they would write us out."

Hamill is most definitely interested, but there's been no paperwork to fill out yet -- or even an official meeting with the "Star Wars" producing team.

"I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts," he continued. "We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed -- on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am."

Whether it all works out or not (and it probably will), Hamill is excited to return to the sci-fi adventure series that made him an international superstar and a role model to aspiring Jedi Knights both young and old.

"It's all very, very exciting and so unexpected," said Hamill. "I think that's the quality I like about it most -- it's like getting a pair of pants out of the closet you haven't worn in three years and finding a $20 bill in the pocket. It's just so unexpected."

Hamill also provides more fuel to the rumors that the new "Star Wars" trilogy will revolve around the offspring of Han Solo and Princess Leia (twins Jacen and Jaina and youngest son Anakin), with Luke perhaps taking on the mentor position previously held by Obi-Wan Kenobi ... mostly due to the revelation that the prettiest gal in the galaxy is also his sister.

"I'm assuming, because I haven't talked to the writers, that these movies would be about our offspring -- like my character would be sort of in the Obi-Wan range [as] an influential character. When I found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good news/bad news joke -- the good news is there's a real attractive, hot girl in the universe; the bad news is she's your sister -- I thought, 'Well, I'm going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I'm going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.'"

Whatever the new "Star Wars" trilogy ends up being about, Hamill ultimately hopes it's ... well, a lot more fun than the epic tragedy depicted in the prequel trilogy.

"I said to George that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous -- in my opinion, anyway," he said.

In fact, Hamill hopes the new "Star Wars" goes old school across the board, from the film's tone to the special effects.

"I hope they find the right balance of CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures, matte paintings -- I'm sort of old school. I think if you go too far in the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game, and that's unfortunate. If they listen to me at all, it'll be, 'Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks.'"

Tribal Warfare
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Mark Hamill Muses on New 'Star Wars': 'Go Retro' (http://www.etonline.com/movies/130759_Mark_Hamill_on_Star_Wars_VII_Sushi_Girl_Spinoff_Movies/index.html)
By DAVID WEINER February 20, 2013
Mark Hamill's new movie Sushi Girl hits DVD and Blu-ray this week, and while talking about the project, the Star Wars legend was more than happy to provide ETonline with an update on his involvement with the in-development Star Wars VII – and what he thinks of those planned spinoff movies…
"It's all very, very exciting and so unexpected," says Hamill. "I think that's the quality I like about it most – it's like getting a pair of pants out of the closet you haven't worn in three years and finding a $20 bill in the pocket. It's just so unexpected."

First off, will he appear in Star Wars VII? "They're talking to us," he reveals. "George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts – they would write us out. … I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts. We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed -- on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am."

Hamill, 61, says he's intrigued about where the new trilogy could go but says he knows nothing about the storyline: "I probably learn more from Entertainment Tonight than I do directly from Lucasfilm – like for instance, when George told us he wanted to do the next trilogy, he didn't tell us it was going to be done for Disney. He saved that little nugget, and I read it online like anybody else."

As for his thoughts about the next trilogy's tone, "I said to George that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous – in my opinion, anyway. And another thing I'd want to make sure of is are we going to have the whole gang back? Is Carrie and Harrison and Billy Dee and Tony Daniels, everybody that's around from the original [returning]? I want to make sure that everybody's on board here, rather than just one. I guess I'll have to tune into your show to figure out who's on board."

In terms of where we'll pick up with Luke Skywalker in Star Wars VII, "I'm assuming, because I haven't talked to the writers, that these movies would be about our offspring -- like my character would be sort of in the Obi-Wan range [as] an influential character. … When I found out [while making the original trilogy] that ultimate good news/bad news joke – the good news is there's a real attractive, hot girl in the universe; the bad news is she's your sister – I thought, 'Well, I'm going to wind up like Sir Alec [Guinness]. I'm going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.'"

Hamill concludes of the next movie, "I hope they find the right balance of CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures, matte paintings -- I'm sort of old school. I think if you go too far in the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game, and that's unfortunate. … If they listen to me at all, it'll be, 'Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks.'"

As for those confirmed stand-alone Star Wars films, which may follow the adventures of a young Han Solo, Boba Fett and Yoda, Hamill observes, "That's really smart. Then you're more like James Bond pictures, where they come out and it's not an investment of a three-movie arc. … It's so rich, that [Star Wars] universe, in terms of quirkiness and oddball [nature]. We would talk about that [on the original film's set]. We'd go like, 'That little band that's playing in the Cantina, what's their story?! I mean, are they a traveling band? Are they the house band? Who's their manager?' They didn't have names when we first were talking about them. Now they're called, like, Sy Snootles – they come up with names down the road when they have to name toys."

So what spinoff movie would Mark Hamill like to see? "Oh, I don't know, set it on the Wookiee planet -- although that might be prohibitively expensive with that many Wookiees," he says with some resignation. After a little more thought, he muses, "That's what I would love. You pick the most insignificant little [character] – there's this little hawk-beaked character that's somewhere in Jabba's palace, I can't even remember what function he served -- but that's what I would think. You pick something that almost nobody remembers or knows about -- and then have a movie about him! You could probably put about 500 different character's names on a big, giant dart board, throw a dart, and say, 'Okay, wherever it lands we've got to make him the central character.'"

After a hearty laugh, Hamill adds, "I hope we don't overstay our welcome."
In the gritty gangster flick Sushi Girl, out on DVD and Blu-ray now, Hamill plays against type as Crow, a wisecracking, sadistic criminal who is a bit light in the loafers and gets very creative with a set of chopsticks in order to get the answer he's looking for. "My character gets his kicks inflicting pain on other people," explains Hamill of the powerful indie film that follows a group of gangsters who reunite for dinner -- fresh sushi atop a naked girl -- several years after a diamond heist gone wrong. "He can dish it out, but the minute he gets a little nick or bruise, he's a horrible baby – and I love that he's de facto comic relief [in the movie], because he's just so goofy."

He adds, "The kind of character roles I enjoy doing most I did on Broadway, whether I played the sleazy producer in Room Service or I played The Elephant Man or I played Mozart in [Amadeus] … Those were all complex character roles. Character roles only indicate that they're very different from who you are as a person, and for me, it's fun hiding behind characters that are so unlike who I am."

Bowser
02-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Well, if JJ can bring Leonard Nimoy back to play Spock.....

Count Zarth
02-20-2013, 02:31 PM
just needs to drop about 40 lbs

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mark+Hamill+Comic+Con+International+2012+Stan+JOmswuvjMeGx.jpg

Fish
02-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Use the salad, Luke!

Swanman
02-20-2013, 03:43 PM

If they go with a Han Solo origin piece, that is where they can grab a few things from the books, as the books cover iconic things like the Kessel Run, how Han paired up with Chewie and how he got in hot water with Jabba. The overall stories in the books probably wouldn't work but you could grab pieces.

Count Zarth
02-20-2013, 03:45 PM
fan art, but cool

http://i.imgur.com/kwoam.jpg

Count Zarth
02-20-2013, 03:51 PM
lol wtf

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/337/f/e/episode_vii_were_back_by_rocketman28-d5mz6dp.jpg

Count Zarth
02-20-2013, 03:57 PM
LMAO

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/199/a/2/luke_skywalker_episode_vii_by_pacheconline-d40jb4s.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/199/e/7/han_solo_episode_vii_by_pacheconline-d40ja4v.jpg

Count Zarth
02-20-2013, 04:09 PM
According to this, Carrie Fisher will be back, too.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mark-hamill-and-carrie-fisher-returning-as-luke-and-leia-star-wars-vii

DaneMcCloud
02-20-2013, 05:52 PM
According to this, Carrie Fisher will be back, too.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mark-hamill-and-carrie-fisher-returning-as-luke-and-leia-star-wars-vii

They got their info from this site:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/02/15/star-wars-fans-all-three-originals-are-returning

It's surprising that the script info has been leaked already.

Count Zarth
02-20-2013, 07:45 PM
I forgot how awesome TheForce.Net forums were. LMAO

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/examiner-com-reports-mark-hamill-and-carrie-fisher-returning-as-luke-and-leia-in-star-wars-vii.50009638/page-4

Or Luke walks in on Han and leia being intimate and then goes all murder suicide on them because he still has feelings for leia despite leia being his sister.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-20-2013, 11:10 PM
I agree with Hamill; build sets and dont be so precious about shit. How inspired can one get walking around greenscreen all day? Id go full DeMille/10 Commandments with that shit if I were in charge.
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHell
02-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Seems Mark Hamill knows how much the prequels sucked and why...too much CGI, too much confusing stupid story, not enough fun. I hope they do go old school. It would be...ironically refreshing and new...

tmh
02-21-2013, 07:31 AM
What I hope people remember is there is no way at all these new episodes will hold a candle to the original trilogy. Nothing ever will. Thats why its so funny hearing all the complaints about the prequels. Their purpose was not to make you relive the magic of the originals.Mostly because the theaters don't include a time machine To make you 7 again.

The great thing about SW is also what makes it hard to put on film now. Its a mythos everyone writes into. So no writer will ever make everyone happy with these characters. They need to pick a time period about around the old republic and run with new characters.

Count Zarth
02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Doesn't matter, they were shitty movies.

No one gives a fuck about Senate scenes or a terrible script with no central character.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
true
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
02-21-2013, 11:25 AM
They need to stop aiming this for ten years olds.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-21-2013, 11:36 AM
yeah...prolly not gonna happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHell
02-21-2013, 11:42 AM
They need to stop aiming this for ten years olds.

Except for Jar Jar Binks, name me one thing that was aimed at 10 year olds in the God awful prequels...maybe Anakin in the first one, but by the time you get to Sith it's like no way kids even get this shit...not to mention Anakin killing the little jedi kids...

...not made for kids.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-21-2013, 12:04 PM
epi tres was the ONLY one that gave any love to the original fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
02-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Except for Jar Jar Binks, name me one thing that was aimed at 10 year olds in the God awful prequels...maybe Anakin in the first one, but by the time you get to Sith it's like no way kids even get this shit...not to mention Anakin killing the little jedi kids...

...not made for kids.

Yeah, they were simply disasters. The more you think about them, the worse they get. Everything was bad.

InChiefsHell
02-22-2013, 09:18 AM
epi tres was the ONLY one that gave any love to the original fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

How do you figure? Because they showed Vader as Vader? I guess. Other than that, it was a disaster. The story was convoluted and confusing. The originals were pretty simple. The prequels were so loaded with bloat and lame dialogue and ridiculous "action scenes" (which were so long and full of stuff that they actually were boring) that by the time I got done watching it, I wanted it to be over.

I get that they can never re-capture the magic of the originals, but Lucas screwed up the back story of Star Wars horribly. I just hope that Disney can find some way to recapture at least some of the magic. Anything would be better than those prequels though. I own the whole set, and whenever I go to watch, I end up just skipping the prequels altogether.

Help us Obi-Disney Kenobi...you are our only hope...

Frazod
02-22-2013, 09:43 AM
Looking back at Episode III, it had a couple of decent parts - the best being when Anikan and Padme were both watching the sunset - great symbolism for the end of light/coming darkness bit.

I assume Lucas must have been taking a shit while it was being filmed.

InChiefsHell
02-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Looking back at Episode III, it had a couple of decent parts - the best being when Anikan and Padme were both watching the sunset - great symbolism for the end of light/coming darkness bit.

I assume Lucas must have been taking a shit while it was being filmed.

you mean Uncle Owen and Aunt Berue at the end?

Frazod
02-22-2013, 09:58 AM
you mean Uncle Owen and Aunt Berue at the end?

No, in the middle of the movie, right before everything went to shit - they were on Coruscant in separate locations watching the sunset.

Garcia Bronco
02-22-2013, 10:24 AM
What I hope people remember is there is no way at all these new episodes will hold a candle to the original trilogy. Nothing ever will. Thats why its so funny hearing all the complaints about the prequels. Their purpose was not to make you relive the magic of the originals.Mostly because the theaters don't include a time machine To make you 7 again.

The great thing about SW is also what makes it hard to put on film now. Its a mythos everyone writes into. So no writer will ever make everyone happy with these characters. They need to pick a time period about around the old republic and run with new characters.

This.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-22-2013, 11:43 AM
the symbolism frazod speaks of is one of the best parts, as is the farm at the end. The unenviable task of writing political background and machinations in to the prequels was a mistake. THAT is what fucked it from the get-go. And dumbass jar-jar too of course.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
02-22-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm telling you if they ever go in the past and have trilogies based on that with completely new characters, it could most definitely beat the original three. Yall just are already set in your ways like old men.

tmh
02-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Amen. The story of the Skywalker's is done. Go back to the Early Jedi and the first group to rebel, leave the republic space fine Korriban start the Sith and the foundation of the first hyperspace war. The major outline of those events are known, but so many other stories could be flushed out from that outline .

Frazod
02-22-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm telling you if they ever go in the past and have trilogies based on that with completely new characters, it could most definitely beat the original three. Yall just are already set in your ways like old men.

What the hell does this even mean? Of course better movies could be made, dumbass. It's not like the original three Star Wars films are the greatest films of all time. But they are all infinitely better than the last three, which suck, suck, suck.

I have no problem with new characters in a different era. The story line from the original Knights of the Old Republic is better than all the movies combined.

Bowser
02-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Just for fraz...

http://www.georgettesworld.com/main/anakin-loves-padme.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-22-2013, 04:39 PM
mmm...kotor is good fodder. Revan was a great character for a silly assed video game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
They should just reboot episodes 1-3. Change all the things that sucked, have Darth Maul live, no Jar Jar, etc......

Frazod
02-22-2013, 06:41 PM
They should just reboot episodes 1-3. Change all the things that sucked, have Darth Maul live, no Jar Jar, etc......

AND NO GODDAMN MIDACHLORIANS :#

Mr. Laz
02-22-2013, 06:58 PM
AND NO GODDAMN MIDACHLORIANS :#really?

that's what pisses you off about the movie ... all 20 seconds of it.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
02-22-2013, 07:30 PM
really?

LMAO

The Midichlorians negate the idea that anyone can become a Jedi. Instead, it's a "birthright", which IMO, took all the "fun" out of The Force.

George Lucas ruined the best part of the mythology he created and that everyone loved.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-22-2013, 07:31 PM
no shit. People getting butthurt over midiclorians...lolz
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
02-22-2013, 07:39 PM
no shit. People getting butthurt over midiclorians...lolz
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it fucking blows. It creates a "class" of species: Those with enough "Midichlorians" to speak to The Force and become a Jedi or Sith, and those that can't.

In the original trilogy, The Force was presented as an "Ancient Religion" and something that if you believed in, could bring "magical" powers such as mental telepathy, ESP, foresight, future-telling and super-human (or super-species) powers.

With Episode One, Lucas removed that magic. It fucking blows.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-22-2013, 07:45 PM
not everyone can be a jedi or a geno; it is what it is...
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
02-22-2013, 07:48 PM
not everyone can be a jedi
Posted via Mobile Device

And that fucking blows.

For nearly 23 years, ANYONE could be a Jedi. And Lucas screwed that over with one stupid fucking idea.

Frazod
02-22-2013, 08:15 PM
really?

LMAO

That was one of about 1,000 things that pissed me off about that steaming pile of shit.

Deberg_1990
02-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Midichlorians was too "star Treky" IMO. Where everything has to have a technical explanation. The original explanation of the Force was mystical and mysterious. Perfect.

Bowser
02-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Hey Biggs, did you hear about Skywalker?

No Porkins, what's up?

Luke went and caught that Force AIDS stuff. Something in his blood. Can't bang chicks anymore, but he can throw rocks and shit around with his mind.

Damn, that's a tough tradeoff. Sucks for him. Better him than me.

tmh
02-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I get the issue with the force. I dont have as big a issue because I think it had to be explained because of the Expanded Universe. It was known before Ep 1 that children were identified at a you age and taken to the temple.

So much was left open to interpretation and unanswered with the first trilogy. My issue was the horrible dialogue. And the fact that in such an advanced culture and society they apparently never heard of teen grief consolers.

Count Zarth
02-22-2013, 09:18 PM
WE'RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER

And another thing I’d want to make sure of is are we going to have the whole gang back? Is Carrie and Harrison and Billy Dee and Tony Daniels, everybody that’s around from the original [returning]? I want to make sure that everybody’s on board here, rather than just one.

keg in kc
02-22-2013, 09:18 PM
I have no problem with new characters in a different era. The story line from the original Knights of the Old Republic is better than all the movies combined.Ironically, the star wars rumor of the day:Now for the rumor. Drew Karpyshyn - the man that created the scenario and much of the dialogue in the STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. He also worked on JADE EMPIRE and STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC. Along with writing MASS EFFECT and MASS EFFECT 2. Well he left BIOWARE back in February of last year to work on "screenwriting" and it seems that BIOWARE is a hot bed of rumor regarding the notion that Drew Karpyshyn is working up a screenplay for a film version of KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. Is this true? Or just the idle gossip of hard working game designers at BIOWARE? I've reached out to Drew Karpyshyn and as of this posting I've yet to hear back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-22-2013, 09:37 PM
anything drew touches is solid...fucking...gold. Did not know he was the principal writer for kotor. God that just makes perfect sense...
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish
02-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Ironically, the star wars rumor of the day:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9492/wheeeeeee.gif

Swanman
02-25-2013, 12:45 PM
anything drew touches is solid...****ing...gold. Did not know he was the principal writer for kotor. God that just makes perfect sense...
Posted via Mobile Device

Darth Motherfucking Bane Motherfucker

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Darth Motherfucking Bane Motherfucker

Best trilogy ever written, bar none.
Posted via Mobile Device

Valiant
02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Darth Mother****ing Bane Mother****er

Is he going to try and blow up a planet this time and talk out of a bigger crab?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2013, 08:59 AM
?????wtf....
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil
02-28-2013, 12:22 PM
I just stumbled upon these pics. I don't know how truly rare they are but I enjoyed them. Here you go:

http://www.collthings.co.uk/2009/02/star-wars-pictures-behind-scenes.html

morphius
02-28-2013, 01:25 PM
And that ****ing blows.

For nearly 23 years, ANYONE could be a Jedi. And Lucas screwed that over with one stupid ****ing idea.
But in the original trilogy, they also said that some were strong in the force, showing that some people were more connected to it and likely to wield it. That being said, the Midichlorians idea was still terrible as it became too easily measurable.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-28-2013, 01:31 PM
I wish Disney would buy the Chiefs...
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHell
02-28-2013, 02:39 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gfXupHOEhH0/So6yIVZ5jRI/AAAAAAAAIg0/lZ994umAH5E/s640/rare_star_wars_photos_22.jpg

I love you Princess Leah...

InChiefsHell
02-28-2013, 02:40 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gfXupHOEhH0/So6xwpWhKcI/AAAAAAAAIfc/W9wUw0dMIgo/s640/rare_star_wars_photos_04.jpg

BOIIIING!

Setsuna
02-28-2013, 04:58 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_gfXupHOEhH0/So6yIVZ5jRI/AAAAAAAAIg0/lZ994umAH5E/s640/rare_star_wars_photos_22.jpg

I love you Princess Leah...

Dude what would you do if she was just laying on the bed like that with her legs wide open looking innocently at you? Back when she was that age of course.

bowener
03-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Dude what would you do if she was just laying on the bed like that with her legs wide open looking innocently at you? Back when she was that age of course.

Punched her for breaking into my house.

InChiefsHell
03-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Punched her for breaking into my house.

You know how I know you're gay...?

bowener
03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
You know how I know you're gay...?

My avatar?

Or did you see me through my window playing Dance Central on Kinect while wearing my pink short shorts and white tank top?

Count Zarth
03-07-2013, 08:30 PM
big three are in.

http://movieline.com/2013/03/07/star-wars-episode-7-harrison-ford-carrie-fisher-mark-hamill/

“We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on.’ ” He pauses.

“Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.” Then he adds: “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.”

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/482265_10151282689562413_1722539304_n.jpg

Tribal Warfare
03-07-2013, 08:35 PM
big three are in.

http://movieline.com/2013/03/07/star-wars-episode-7-harrison-ford-carrie-fisher-mark-hamill/

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/482265_10151282689562413_1722539304_n.jpg

Can't wait to see Luke " Yoda powerful" as a Jedi Master.

Count Zarth
03-07-2013, 08:47 PM
aw yisss

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/316/3/d/episode_vii_by_dln88-d5kj54n.png

Deberg_1990
03-07-2013, 08:49 PM
How in the hell are they going to bring Fisher and Hamill in? They both look like Jabba the Hut nowadays......sorry. Ironically, Hamill is close to the age Guinness was when the original Star Wars was filmed.

Count Zarth
03-07-2013, 08:53 PM
How in the hell are they going to bring Fisher and Hamill in? They both look like Jabba the Hut nowadays......sorry. Ironically, Hamill is close to the age Guinness was when the original Star Wars was filmed.

It's called "Hollywood Weight Loss Drugs."

Frosty
03-07-2013, 08:56 PM

And CGI

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 09:08 PM
CGI kills fat dead. They'll all be on a massive shape-up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM

or liposuction

DaneMcCloud
03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
or liposuction

It's tough to get lipo when your skin is sagging 3 inches.

I'm sure that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will have a weight requirement to meet, for sure. Whether or not they have elective surgery is up to them.

But IMO, it wouldn't hurt.

Tribal Warfare
03-07-2013, 09:38 PM

I'm sure that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will have a weight requirement to meet, for sure. Whether or not they have elective surgery is up to them.

I've always said body wise if a "star" wants to look good they can, because they can afford it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Fisher needs to return to "Jay and Silent Bob" or "Wonderland" specs to make this work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
03-07-2013, 09:41 PM

I don't know.....maybe they will have small roles, but it just sounds like a bad idea. I mean, there's a reason Hamill and Fisher never became big like Ford did. They can't act and don't have much charisma.

DaneMcCloud
03-07-2013, 09:46 PM
I don't know.....maybe they will have small roles, but it just sounds like a bad idea. I mean, there's a reason Hamill and Fisher never became big like Ford did. They can't act and don't have much charisma.

Well, Carrie Fisher could have been a huge movie star but she was born with the same addiction issues as her parents. She was an alcoholic and coke freak. When you're in Star Wars, there's no price tag on blow.

As for Hamill, he was short and lacking in physical stature. He wasn't really a guy you could create a TV show around, nor was he a "movie star" outside of Star Wars. He could have been a very good character actor but it would have been difficult for him to break free from the Star Wars stigma.

So, he did the next best thing and became a voice actor. And a successful one at that. But most of those guys have a vocal booth and media room in their homes, so physical appearance isn't exactly the first thing on their minds because they're never seen.

Plus, he's old.

Deberg_1990
03-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Well, Carrie Fisher could have been a huge movie star but she was born with the same addiction issues as her parents. She was an alcoholic and coke freak. When you're in Star Wars, there's no price tag on blow.

As for Hamill, he was short and lacking in physical stature. He wasn't really a guy you could create a TV show around, nor was he a "movie star" outside of Star Wars. He could have been a very good character actor but it would have been difficult for him to break free from the Star Wars stigma.

So, he did the next best thing and became a voice actor. And a successful one at that. But most of those guys have a vocal booth and media room in their homes, so physical appearance isn't exactly the first thing on their minds because they're never seen.

Plus, he's old.

Yea, Fisher was so hot in the 70s and early 80s....she did become a successful writer to her credit.

Frosty
03-07-2013, 09:53 PM

What? You don't think his role in "Corvette Summer" was the pinnacle of acting?

Count Zarth
03-07-2013, 09:54 PM
I mean, there's a reason Hamill and Fisher never became big like Ford did. They can't act and don't have much charisma.

As far as Star Wars, no one else should be playing Luke.

I think Mark will do a great job.

Don't give a shit about anything else. Always liked him as Luke.

I feel better about him than the other two to be honest. I can "buy" old, grizzly Master Luke. Not so sure about old ass Han Solo or old ass Princess Leia.

DaneMcCloud
03-07-2013, 09:55 PM

He was actually good in "Big Red One", which was shot before "Empire".

Seriously though, his voiceover career is insane.

Those guys get paid a metric shit ton of money.

Frosty
03-07-2013, 09:58 PM

His IMDB page is a mile long. I didn't realize he had done that much.

Guru
03-07-2013, 09:58 PM

Those guys get paid a metric **** ton of money.That guy IS the Joker to me.

Frosty
03-07-2013, 09:59 PM
I feel better about him than the other two to be honest. I can "buy" old, grizzly Master Luke. Not so sure about old ass Han Solo or fat ass Princess Leia.

FYP

Dallas Chief
03-07-2013, 10:00 PM

Plus, he's old.

Corvette Summer says kiss my ass... Dane!

Deberg_1990
03-07-2013, 10:00 PM

Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that.

Deberg_1990
03-07-2013, 10:01 PM

Haha. I do have a fondness for 70s and 80s B movies.

KcMizzou
03-07-2013, 10:01 PM

Plus, he's old.Batman fans love Hamill as a voice actor. He's supposedly amazing as the Joker.

I'm geeky enough to know about it, but I don't. (yet) I just enjoyed seeing him play Cock Knocker in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

DaneMcCloud
03-07-2013, 10:02 PM

LMAO

Guru
03-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Batman fans love Hamill as a voice actor. He's supposedly amazing as the Joker.

I'm geeky enough to know about it, but I don't. (yet) I just enjoyed seeing him play Cock Knocker in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.did you play Arkham Asylum and Arkham City

Frosty
03-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Haha. I do have a fondness for 70s and 80s B movies.

I actually kind of like "Corvette Summer" and have seen it several times. :redface:

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-07-2013, 10:18 PM
"Cock Knocker" FTW.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
03-08-2013, 03:50 AM
Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that.

I believe it. Lots of animated movies draw big stars, Shrek comes to mind off hand. But yeah, I think it is pretty demanding also.

Setsuna
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Didn't they CGI that guy in Tron? If so it was a pretty decent job.

Bowser
03-08-2013, 09:56 AM

Yeah, and it was.....ok. Certainly better than anything we had seen to that point. Does make you wonder what they can do with it now, a few years down the road since the last use.

And I think they used CGI on Patrick Stewart and Ian McClellan in that crappy X-Men movie, too.

Frazod
03-08-2013, 10:42 AM

It was and it wasn't. Did it look like a young Jeff Bridges? Sure. But if you'd compare it to actual footage of young Jeff Bridges, it looked like a robot with a Jeff Bridges mask on.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2013, 01:54 PM
It was and it wasn't. Did it look like a young Jeff Bridges? Sure. But if you'd compare it to actual footage of young Jeff Bridges, it looked like a robot with a Jeff Bridges mask on.

It worked because we were supposed to suspend real life and believe that people are actually living in a computer generated world.

But I'm with you: Unless there have been some advances in the past two years (and they may have been - I certainly wouldn't rule it out), that's a tough sell to a Star Wars audience that's already tired of too much CGI.

Deberg_1990
03-08-2013, 03:16 PM
I read somewhere that this next chapter is supposed to be set 35 years after ep. 6. So maybe they just roll with how they currently look if thats true.
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
03-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah, and it was.....ok. Certainly better than anything we had seen to that point. Does make you wonder what they can do with it now, a few years down the road since the last use.

And I think they used CGI on Patrick Stewart and Ian McClellan in that crappy X-Men movie, too.
Ah I knew it, thanks. Yeah I remember that too. That was done tastefully though.

ROFL yeah I figured. But hey...I'm sure they fixed the subtle things like mouth movement and such. That's how I could tell it was CGI when I first saw it. That scene where he said, "We're always on the same team."

Count Zarth
03-13-2013, 06:44 PM
hot. grab that blaster.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/882948_529241233794149_1160934876_o.jpg

Guru
03-14-2013, 04:13 AM
hot. grab that blaster.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/882948_529241233794149_1160934876_o.jpg

Damn her eyes look freaky in that shot.

bowener
03-14-2013, 09:48 AM
hot. grab that blaster.

Reminds me of soooo many porns.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2013, 04:03 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ERybvS9rhnA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud
03-15-2013, 04:59 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ERybvS9rhnA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

ROFL

That was awesome!

FWIW, I think that Mark Strong would be a phenomenal choice to play an evil character. The dude just drips with evilness, so to see him as hand of the Emperor or Tarkin or an evil Sith would be fucking awesome.

keg in kc
03-15-2013, 07:28 PM
ROFL

That was awesome!

FWIW, I think that Mark Strong would be a phenomenal choice to play an evil character. The dude just drips with evilness, so to see him as hand of the Emperor.Casting Mark Strong as Mara Jade would certainly be...a brave choice.

DaneMcCloud
03-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Casting Mark Strong as Mara Jade would certainly be...a brave choice.

I used the wrong terminology, although I believe that in the EU, the emperor had several "Hands".

I was just trying to express that Mark Strong would be a great choice for an agent of evil in the Star Wars universe.

Count Zarth
03-22-2013, 04:02 PM
http://moviepilot.com/stories/898117-star-wars-episode-vii-gets-some-major-plot-point-rumors?stamp=70039&subscribe_to=711158&utm_campaign=i-find-your-lack-of-confirmation-disturbing-star-wars-episode-vii-gets-some-major-plot-point-rumors&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=fb-stream-post

According to the source:

Star Wars Episode VII will be set 30 years after Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

It will indeed feature the Skywalker/Solo children coming to the peak of their powers

The Jedi Order has been rebuilt with Luke Skywalker as Grand Master

A disciple of Emperor Palpatine aims to rebuild the Sith Armies of the Old Republic and destroy the Jedi where the Skywalker children will be thrust into battle and face their inner demons of their Skywalker lineage.

Superturtle
03-22-2013, 04:16 PM
http://moviepilot.com/stories/898117-star-wars-episode-vii-gets-some-major-plot-point-rumors?stamp=70039&subscribe_to=711158&utm_campaign=i-find-your-lack-of-confirmation-disturbing-star-wars-episode-vii-gets-some-major-plot-point-rumors&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=fb-stream-post

According to the source:

Star Wars Episode VII will be set 30 years after Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

It will indeed feature the Skywalker/Solo children coming to the peak of their powers

The Jedi Order has been rebuilt with Luke Skywalker as Grand Master

A disciple of Emperor Palpatine aims to rebuild the Sith Armies of the Old Republic and destroy the Jedi where the Skywalker children will be thrust into battle and face their inner demons of their Skywalker lineage.
would this be around the time of Darth Caedus?

Looks like yes. Provided it isnt an entirely new plot that time jump would put it around the yuuzhan vong war.

Oh derp. That happens 20 years after not 30

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Good. The Solo children have potential for truck. I wonder if the villan could wormhole to KC and execute Alex Smith on the 50? Just lop his head right the fuck off with a red lightsaber? Someone call Disney. Dane?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser
03-23-2013, 05:22 PM
If accurate, they're totally removing the possiblity for a Thrawn series.

keg in kc
03-23-2013, 05:40 PM
If accurate, they're totally removing the possiblity for a Thrawn series.Pretty sure that was always off the table.

Count Zarth
03-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Wishing for Thrawn is like wishing for a franchise QB.

Bowser
03-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Wishing for Thrawn is like wishing for a franchise QB.

^

Baby Lee
03-23-2013, 06:54 PM

That movie was probably the first thing that made me kind of understand why everyone was grumbling about 'malaise' and the economy in general. Saw ir first run at Crest Drive-in [back when drive-ins got movies on the same schedule as theaters]. Right before that, pops had topped off the gas tank to the tune of $1.39@gallon.

Then in the movie, they stop at a gas station, and the sign out front clearly shows $.29@gallon.

Count Zarth
03-25-2013, 07:57 PM
i just discovered this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EIJUR5IaQLU?list=UUNUFoS0jGNGzpHgL8sdOZPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HQN5aG7wu_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Count Zarth
03-31-2013, 11:11 AM
In other news, the guy restoring Empire Strikes Back is insane.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=637428129606106&set=a.275630125785910.87505.223279371020986&type=1&theater

Want to know just why this edit is taking so long? Well below is an example of one of the many rotoscoping shots i have had to do. If i want to replace the background in a scene then i manually have to cut out all the foreground objects frame by frame.

Now you can see that each section has dots, which have to be moved for each frame along the outline of the object .Most of the time each dot has to be moved individually to match the motion. When you consider that this shot is 11 second long @25fps then just one dot has to be moved accurately 275 times. now multiply that by the amount of dots in the composition and , well you do the math.

You also have to go back and review the whole footage, making small changes to position if one or many of the points are out of position and either allowing the original background to appear or that they may be chopping off a small portion of the object you want to keep. Now this shit as i have said was 11 seconds long. This took me just over 2 months to complete. And when you consider that in Luke's Bespin rescue scene alone there are 18 rotoscoping shots, well it all adds up

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/903315_637428129606106_2012219584_o.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-31-2013, 01:20 PM
George is going to be dicking with that shit until the day he dies.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
04-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Disney shut down LucasArts and cancelled Star Wars 1313 and Star Wars: First Assault.

http://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 01:29 PM
what?????? No lucas arts? Blasphemy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
04-03-2013, 02:48 PM
This is probably better for Star Wars games long term. I can't remember the last Star Wars game that was truly a must have title.

Now any gaming company can license the IP and produce a game. I'd like to see Bethesda take a shot at an open world Star Wars RPG.

bowener
04-03-2013, 03:11 PM
This is probably better for Star Wars games long term. I can't remember the last Star Wars game that was truly a must have title.

Now any gaming company can license the IP and produce a game. I'd like to see Bethesda take a shot at an open world Star Wars RPG.

I can't this hard enough.

Bethesda and a new story line for The Walking Dead would break my dick in half as well.

Count Zarth
04-03-2013, 03:25 PM
For a long time I have wanted a fully explorable, open-world Star Wars game who's main plotline takes you through the original trilogy as several of the main characters.

Would be badass as fuck.

Imagine getting to play the Death Star mission as Luke and then replay it as Han Solo.

You could expand the plot and have Han run into an Imperial convoy or something on his way home from Yavin IV, and he has to fight his way out and decides to turn around and help the Rebels.

Then you get to fly back and blow up TIE Fighters in the trench.

Count Zarth
04-03-2013, 03:33 PM
This is cool as fuck btw.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/545994_525836624124301_303690604_n.jpg

J.W. Rinzler (The Making of The Empire Strikes Back) and Mike Mayhew (perennial Best Art Ever This Week favorite) are teaming to adapt the original draft by George Lucas for what would become A New Hope, which features a six-foot lizard Han Solo and Annikin Starkiller, as Dark Horse Comics limited series.

From Dark Horse's official press release:

Three years before his 1977 film, George Lucas put down on paper his first story set in a galaxy far, far away-a tale of fantastic adventures, daring escapes, "lazer swords," romance, and monsters. A story of Jedi Annikin Starkiller and General Luke Skywalker, an alien named Han Solo, and evil Sith Knights. The screenplay was titled The Star Wars!

Slated for a September release, the eight-issue mini-series may be among the final Dark Horse-published Star Wars comics, as the rights will revert back to Disney, and subsequently, Marvel after 2013.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/04/01/dark-horse-the-star-wars-draft-adaptation/#ixzz2PRFA9u7F

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-03-2013, 03:59 PM

Old Republic?
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
04-03-2013, 04:37 PM
The LucasArts thing won't really change much. As I understand it they're just basically getting rid of the inhouse development. Which hadn't been much anyway. Everything good had been licensed to outside studios.

I can't think of a worse idea than a Bethesda star wars game.

Count Zarth
04-03-2013, 05:01 PM

that's because you whine about everything bethesda does.

Truth is they make fantastic, entertaining, engrossing games. I can't remember the last Star Wars game that could be described as such. Shit like SW: Battlefield was the gaming equivalent of McDonalds, and Force Unleashed was a gay button masher who's best parts were the cutscenes.

1313 looked like it was going to be but it got nuked.

Fish
04-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Star Wars VII: Old Ass Jedis

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/1372/starwarsepisode7poster.jpg

Count Zarth
04-03-2013, 06:03 PM
God that rules

Frazod
04-03-2013, 06:07 PM

You are directly out of your fucking mind, dude. There's Bethesda, and then there's everybody else.

Count Zarth
04-03-2013, 06:08 PM
lol

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AhPz-Hr4nQA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
04-04-2013, 05:41 PM
You are directly out of your ****ing mind, dude. There's Bethesda, and then there's everybody else.I think Bethesda games are crap. Endless boring maps with tons of shit repeated over and over and over and no semblence of an interesting story to be found anywhere. It's like taking the worst part of an MMO (aka "the grind") and turning it into a single player game.that's because you whine about everything bethesda does.

Truth is they make fantastic, entertaining, engrossing games. I can't remember the last Star Wars game that could be described as such. Shit like SW: Battlefield was the gaming equivalent of McDonalds, and Force Unleashed was a gay button masher who's best parts were the cutscenes.

1313 looked like it was going to be but it got nuked.Or it could be because I'm mature adult who realizes that looking pretty, or being popular, doesn't make something good.

I'm sure if they did come out with a Star Wars game I'd be stupid enough to buy it. And then stop playing it a day later because I'm bored to death.

Anyway, you shouldn't take it so personally. It's not like you're Bethesda, and I'm slamming games you created. Play whatever the hell you want.

And yes, 1313 looked awesome.

Count Zarth
04-04-2013, 05:47 PM
I think Bethesda games are crap. Endless boring maps with tons of shit repeated over and over and over and no semblence of an interesting story to be found anywhere. It's like taking the worst part of an MMO (aka "the grind") and turning it into a single player game.Or it could be because I'm mature adult who realizes that looking pretty, or being popular, doesn't make something good.

Your opinion is cool, and ultimately irrelevant, because shit tons of people love Bethesda games for reasons other than looking pretty.

If someone made a Star Wars version of Fallout 3 or Skyrim, it would kick 10 million kinds of ass.

keg in kc
04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Your opinion is cool, and ultimately irrelevant, because shit tons of people love Bethesda games for reasons other than looking pretty.

If someone made a Star Wars version of Fallout 3 or Skyrim, it would kick 10 million kinds of ass.I did edit in the following before you posted this...

I'm sure if they did come out with a Star Wars game I'd be stupid enough to buy it. And then stop playing it a day later because I'm bored to death.

Anyway, you shouldn't take it so personally. It's not like you're Bethesda, and I'm slamming games you created. Play whatever the hell you want.

And yes, 1313 looked awesome.

keg in kc
04-05-2013, 02:34 PM
So it's official, 1313 was apparently a Boba Fett-centric game. That sucks even worse now.

Wonder how long this lasts. I'm surprised it's made it this long.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xOLqGxuvf08?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser
04-05-2013, 03:48 PM
My head exploded after trying to watch all of that. BRB

Rausch
04-09-2013, 03:33 PM
I think Bethesda games are crap. Endless boring maps with tons of shit repeated over and over and over and no semblence of an interesting story to be found anywhere. It's like taking the worst part of an MMO (aka "the grind") and turning it into a single player game.Or it could be because I'm mature adult who realizes that looking pretty, or being popular, doesn't make something good.

I loved Fallout 3. When it first came out I was laid off and I bet I spent an average of 6 hours a day on that thing the first two months.

To me it's like FFX - one of those games I can pull out every 4-6 months and just get hooked by all over again...

listopencil
04-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Three years before his 1977 film, George Lucas put down on paper his first story set in a galaxy far, far away-a tale of fantastic adventures, daring escapes, "lazer swords," romance, and monsters. A story of Jedi Annikin Starkiller and General Luke Skywalker, an alien named Han Solo, and evil Sith Knights. The screenplay was titled The Star Wars!

God. That sounds fucking horrible.

Frazod
04-09-2013, 03:58 PM
God. That sounds fucking horrible.

The thing is, Lucas has always been out of his fucking mind. He's always needed somebody to filter the idiocy out of his genius. That happened during the first three movies - the last three, well, his word was law, we got fucking horrible, and all his minions told him it was great.

Bowser
04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
The thing is, Lucas has always been out of his fucking mind. He's always needed somebody to filter the idiocy out of his genius. That happened during the first three movies - the last three, well, his word was law, we got fucking horrible, and all his minions told him it was great.

Which was a worse Lucas grudge fuck of fans - the prequels, or Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Which was a worse Lucas grudge fuck of fans - the prequels, or Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

I hate to admit it but I liked Crystal Skulls. I disliked it the first time I watched it back in 2008 but I've watched it a couple time in the past six months and really enjoyed it. I think my initial expectations were too high.

It's certainly better, IMO, than Temple of Doom.

Bowser
04-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I hate to admit it but I liked Crystal Skulls. I disliked it the first time I watched it back in 2008 but I've watched it a couple time in the past six months and really enjoyed it. I think my initial expectations were too high.

It's certainly better, IMO, than Temple of Doom.Temple of Doom was a strange flick. I didn't hate it, but it's certainly my least favorite of the Indy films. As for that, Indy surviving a nuke blast in a lead fridge and those fucking monkeys pushed even MY fandom. QUIT TRYING TO SELL EWOKS IN EVERY FUCKING MOVIE, DARTH LUCAS!!

Lucas just never, ever needs to direct again. Ever. (And don't get me started on Red Tails, either. That movei SHOULD HAVE been a kick ass movie.)

DaneMcCloud
04-09-2013, 04:47 PM

It's really not that uncommon. Lucas is a genius when it comes to stories, creating strange new worlds creating exciting characters. His imagination is basically unparalleled in the history of cinema.

His weaknesses are screenwriting and directing. While he's not exactly a hack (American Graffiti and the original Star Wars), the screenplays and direction of his post-Star Wars work has left much to be desired.

Guru
04-09-2013, 04:57 PM

It's certainly better, IMO, than Temple of Doom.that is pretty much where I am.

they tried to make temple of doom some kind of dark comedy in my opinion. it was like they were trying for laughs in as many scenes as they could. Considering the subject matter of the film itself they needed to make it more serious like Raiders.

Frazod
04-09-2013, 06:17 PM

It's certainly better, IMO, than Temple of Doom.

I thought Temple of Doom sucked and sucked hard. I hated it the first time I saw it and the couple of times I've seen it since. I'll never watch it again.

And I'll never watch Crystal Skull. It does not exist in my world.

Setsuna
04-09-2013, 06:32 PM
The Temple of Doom is hilarious. I don't understand everyone's opposition.

Count Zarth
04-09-2013, 06:42 PM
I thought Temple of Doom sucked and sucked hard. I hated it the first time I saw it and the couple of times I've seen it since. I'll never watch it again.

And I'll never watch Crystal Skull. It does not exist in my world.

Temple of Doom is a good movie that compares poorly to Raiders because it is great.

Crystal Skull is an abortion.

Count Zarth
04-11-2013, 05:49 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/521837_473903782682938_1997663841_n.jpg

Tribal Warfare
04-11-2013, 05:59 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/521837_473903782682938_1997663841_n.jpg

that's awesomely morbid

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Han provides essential vitamins and minerals, and is part of a balanced breakfast.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod
04-18-2013, 08:03 AM
LMAO

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/532090_508145829249718_1948971222_n.jpg

whoman69
04-18-2013, 08:40 AM
latest news is filming will start in 2015 with a new movie coming out every year for five years. They are also planning standalone stories revolving around central characters. Yoda and Han Solo have been mentioned as topics for those standalone movies.

InChiefsHell
04-18-2013, 10:18 AM
I remember seeing Temple of Doom and thinking...what the hell is up with this? I still liked it, but I was glad when Last Crusade came out and redeemed the franchise. I was very nervous about Crystal Skull, and as it turns out for good reason.

Still not nearly as horrible as the prequels...

bevischief
04-19-2013, 11:04 AM
LMAO

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/532090_508145829249718_1948971222_n.jpg

ROFL

Setsuna
04-20-2013, 03:30 AM
latest news is filming will start in 2015 with a new movie coming out every year for five years. They are also planning standalone stories revolving around central characters. Yoda and Han Solo have been mentioned as topics for those standalone movies.

Awesome. Standalones about characters no one cares about. Sigh. They could do so much if they'd go further in the past. Much further. Disney fails.

Count Zarth
04-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Awesome. Standalones about characters no one cares about. Sigh. They could do so much if they'd go further in the past. Much further. Disney fails.

If you don't think people care about Boba Fett, you're wrong.

Boba Fett is the coolest.

They should honestly just make it Man With No Name set in outer space.

listopencil
04-20-2013, 07:18 PM

That would be bad ass if done well. They'd need an actor that could pull it off and a director with a feel for the genre. The poorly done outer space cowboy crap is horrible.

Setsuna
04-20-2013, 08:14 PM

Le sigh...the Boba Fett bravado is played out. He's pretty much a running joke at this point. Like Chuck Norris. Enough.

Gadzooks
04-20-2013, 09:03 PM

Boba and Yoda were ruined by the prequels. There is no more mystery, and thus no interest in their back stories. Unless, they want to make a movies for kids that include everyone's favorite Gungan - Jar Jar Binks.

Any movie involving Solo would also be crap because we will soon know he doesn't die until he's an old man and whatever he was involved in prior his missions with Luke would not be nearly as important.

A random guy would be better and random Storm Trooper/ Bounty Hunter might actually be cool.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Corran Horn would make a good side flick. Cor Sec detective-turned Jedi? Get a little Blade Runner vibe going? I like it.
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHell
04-20-2013, 09:58 PM

Nobody gives a fuck about "the past". All most normal movie going fans want are 3 movies that will make us forget the abortion known as the prequels. Seriously, except for some geeks (apparently rampant in this thread) nobody gives a half a shit about all the weird scenarios and unknown backstories that y'all bring up in this thread.

Let's just hope they don't fuck this all to hell. Though I can't believe they could be much worse that the shlock known as the prequels.

Count Zarth
04-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Boba and Yoda were ruined by the prequels. There is no more mystery, and thus no interest in their back stories. Unless, they want to make a movies for kids that include everyone's favorite Gungan - Jar Jar Binks.

Any movie involving Solo would also be crap because we will soon know he doesn't die until he's an old man and whatever he was involved in prior his missions with Luke would not be nearly as important.

A random guy would be better and random Storm Trooper/ Bounty Hunter might actually be cool.

Bullshit motherfucker.

You think people don't want to see adventures of adult Boba Fett cavorting about the seedy underbelly of the Star Wars universe, running errands for Jabba and being a cool ass gives-no-fucks amoral motherfucker with tons of badass gadgets...you're wrong.

And that's why they've written several books with him as the main character...that are all fucking awesome.

Count Zarth
04-20-2013, 10:20 PM
That would be bad ass if done well. They'd need an actor that could pull it off and a director with a feel for the genre. The poorly done outer space cowboy crap is horrible.

I'll get shit for this, but Tom Cruise could play Boba Fett. His character in "Collateral" is very similar.

The question is if Cruise would want to wear a mask for much of the film.

Setsuna
04-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Nobody gives a **** about "the past". All most normal movie going fans want are 3 movies that will make us forget the abortion known as the prequels. Seriously, except for some geeks (apparently rampant in this thread) nobody gives a half a shit about all the weird scenarios and unknown backstories that y'all bring up in this thread.

Let's just hope they don't **** this all to hell. Though I can't believe they could be much worse that the shlock known as the prequels.

LOL what in the world is this drivel? So you're saying keep recycling? That's not innovative and completely tired. The new generations need their own heroes and villains to grow up with. As long as people know it's Star Wars I honestly don't see what could go wrong. Out with the old, bring in the new, which just happens to be a lot older.

listopencil
04-21-2013, 06:55 PM
I'll get shit for this, but Tom Cruise could play Boba Fett. His character in "Collateral" is very similar.

Hmm. Maybe. I do see what you mean, but I don't care for his facial expressions in a "tough guy" role though. Just a little too slick. Maybe it's that he's just too much of a pretty boy to fit what I think of in the role.

listopencil
04-21-2013, 06:57 PM

Leonardo DiCaprio could pull it off. But would he do it?

Count Zarth
06-08-2013, 05:46 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/941508_606361056055148_1661158639_n.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-08-2013, 11:02 AM
bwa-hahahahahaha

Chiefspants
06-08-2013, 11:58 AM

After Lucas picked Christiansen over DiCaprio for the role of Anakin?

(In retrospect, DiCaprio should be quite grateful that Lucas ended up passing him over.)

DaneMcCloud
06-08-2013, 12:50 PM
After Lucas picked Christiansen over DiCaprio for the role of Anakin?

(In retrospect, DiCaprio should be quite grateful that Lucas ended up passing him over.)

That's not how it went down.

DiCaprio said he'd only take the role IF he was allowed creative input on the character, have the option to change the dialog, etc. and so on. He wanted a collaborative effort.

Lucas refused, DiCaprio moved on.

DaneMcCloud
06-08-2013, 12:51 PM

I'd be very shocked if Lucasfilm changed their film "canon" and hired a white guy to portray Boba Fett.

Gadzooks
06-08-2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.starwarsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Midi_Chlorians_by_A_Heart_of_Blades.jpg

AphexPhin
06-08-2013, 05:41 PM
this will probably suck since Jar Jar Abrams is directing it. Sure his first Star Trek was alright but the sequel was a mess. The only cool thing was the fight between Spock and Khan. Other than that it sucked and was boring.

And why the hell is JJ being allowed to reboot both Star Trek AND Star Wars??? That is such bs imo. No one man should have all that power.

Should of given it to an up and coming director like say Duncan Jones (who directed the brilliant Moon)

Deberg_1990
06-08-2013, 10:52 PM
this will probably suck since Jar Jar Abrams is directing it. Sure his first Star Trek was alright but the sequel was a mess. The only cool thing was the fight between Spock and Khan. Other than that it sucked and was boring.

And why the hell is JJ being allowed to reboot both Star Trek AND Star Wars??? That is such bs imo. No one man should have all that power.

Should of given it to an up and coming director like say Duncan Jones (who directed the brilliant Moon)

JJ has made a lot of money for the studios, he's a mainstream, commercial appeal director and this appears to be right in his wheelhouse.

Duncan Jones is great, but is a little too niche, and probably a little above the material honestly.

DaneMcCloud
06-08-2013, 10:55 PM
JJ has made a lot of money for the studios, he's a mainstream, commercial appeal director and this appears to be right in his wheelhouse.

Duncan Jones is great, but is a little too niche, and probably a little above the material honestly.

Duncan Jones would jump at the chance.

A guy of his stature does not turn down Disney, let alone, Star Wars.

Deberg_1990
06-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Duncan Jones would jump at the chance.

A guy of his stature does not turn down Disney, let alone, Star Wars.

Understood. Any young director would be foolish to turn down the exposure and money.....but I'm sure a few would.

DaneMcCloud
06-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Understood. Any young director would be foolish to turn down the exposure and money.....but I'm sure a few would.

Well, the bottom line is that is Lucasfilm and Disney won't offer a gig to just anyone.

Duncan Jones is somewhat interesting, yet derivative. I don't think he's on their list just yet.

There are very few that would turn down a $4 million dollar payday, especially if a return was possible.

Deberg_1990
06-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Well, the bottom line is that is Lucasfilm and Disney won't offer a gig to just anyone.

Duncan Jones is somewhat interesting, yet derivative. I don't think he's on their list just yet.

There are very few that would turn down a $4 million dollar payday, especially if a return was possible.

Yea, it will be interesting to see who gets the individual single character films like Yoda, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett etc......have they announced yet?

Pitt Gorilla
06-08-2013, 11:43 PM
I'd be very shocked if Lucasfilm changed their film "canon" and hired a white guy to portray Boba Fett.Bulloch is white, no?

DaneMcCloud
06-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Bulloch is white, no?

Was he ever seen without his helmet? How do they rectify Boba as a clone of Jango Fett who was played by a New Zealand Pacific Islander?

And Lucasfilm didn't stop there: They replaced Bulloch's voice in the latest version of The Empire Strikes Back.

Setsuna
06-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Yea, it will be interesting to see who gets the individual single character films like Yoda, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett etc......have they announced yet?

WTF? That movie would fail opening day. Are you serious?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-09-2013, 12:02 AM

Aw come on; who WOULDN'T enjoy 2.5 hours of "WRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAANNNNNNGGHHHH"??? amirite?

Setsuna
06-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Aw come on; who WOULDN'T enjoy 2.5 hours of "WRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAANNNNNNGGHHHH"??? amirite?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Rep

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2013, 12:00 PM

No, there has been no announcement made about the spinoff films. The last thing I heard was that the episodes will be released in 2015, 2018 and 2021.

The spinoffs will begin in 2016 and continue in 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023 and 2025. That's all that has been planned to date, although there has been talk of a new saga starting in 2024.

As far as directors, still the same names: Stanton, Bird and Vaughn.

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2013, 12:01 PM

Yeah, Disney and Lucasfilm are dumb.

:facepalm:

Guru
06-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Please tell me that JJ won't mess with the opening score.

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Please tell me that JJ won't mess with the opening score.

John Williams is on board to score the VII. Beyond that, I have no idea.

The Star Wars theme is iconic. There's no way Disney or Lucasfilm allows any director to change it. They won't risk the wrath of the fans.

Star Wars isn't Star Trek and doesn't need a reboot to gain fan interest.

Donger
06-09-2013, 12:15 PM

Are you sure that it isn't Fhett? I'm pretty sure it is.

If Cruise were to play Fhett, he'd have to run in it.

Donger
06-09-2013, 12:16 PM
John Williams is on board to score the VII.

That's great. I'd like to see Basil Poledouris give it a shot. I loved his score for Conan.

EDIT - Shit, he's dead.

Deberg_1990
06-09-2013, 12:17 PM
John Williams is on board to score the VII. Beyond that, I have no idea.

The Star Wars theme is iconic. There's no way Disney or Lucasfilm allows any director to change it. They won't risk the wrath of the fans.

Star Wars isn't Star Trek and doesn't need a reboot to gain fan interest.

Williams is 81, so I wonder how many more films he has left?

Donger
06-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Williams is 81, so I wonder how many more films he has left?

More than Basil Poledouris.

Buehler445
06-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Are you sure that it isn't Fhett? I'm pretty sure it is.

If Cruise were to play Fhett, he'd have to run in it.

ROFL

tk13
06-09-2013, 12:35 PM

No way. After 25 years, we revisit John Lithgow's family from Harry and the Hendersons. On a family camping trip, they accidentally hit Chewbacca with their car and decide to take him home. Setting off a hilarious series of events while trying to keep Boba Fett from coming to Seattle and killing the whole family.

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2013, 12:42 PM
That's great. I'd like to see Basil Poledouris give it a shot. I loved his score for Conan.

EDIT - Shit, he's dead.

I think they eventually hire guys like John Ottman, John Powell, Thomas Newman and Hans Zimmer, guys with strong orchestral backgrounds.

I shudder every time I see Giacchino's name attached to a film these days. It would be insufferable if he were to a score Star Wars film.

Donger
06-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I think they eventually hire guys like John Ottman, John Powell, Thomas Newman and Hans Zimmer, guys with strong orchestral backgrounds.

I shudder every time I see Giacchino's name attached to a film these days. It would be insufferable if he were to a score Star Wars film.

You listed two of my other favorites. I remember the first time I heard Newman's music to The Man With One Red Shoe. Absolutely loved it and wondered when he'd do another. Lost interest and then immediately recognized him when I saw American Beauty for the first time.

I also like Stewart Copeland's scores. Rumblefish, Wisdom and so on.

Elfman might be an interesting choice.

Deberg_1990
06-09-2013, 01:18 PM

Hehe...I thnk he's a little overrated, but I do like his themes in UP and Star Trek.

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2013, 01:32 PM
You listed two of my other favorites. I remember the first time I heard Newman's music to The Man With One Red Shoe. Absolutely loved it and wondered when he'd do another. Lost interest and then immediately recognized him when I saw American Beauty for the first time.

I also like Stewart Copeland's scores. Rumblefish, Wisdom and so on.

Elfman might be an interesting choice.

Thomas Newman's score to American Beauty changed the musical landscape literally overnight. It was brilliant and has been copied hundreds of times since. His work on the Dark Knight overshadowed Hans Zimmer's work, IMO, and the score to the latest James Bond Film is a marvel. IMO, there is currently no one better.

I agree that Stewart Copeland has composed some very interesting scores, but it's highly unlikely he'd be a candidate for a Star Wars film. Elfman, IMO, is too whimsical for Star Wars, although he too is another game-changer like Newman.

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Hehe...I thnk he's a little overrated, but I do like his themes in UP and Star Trek.

To me, there is absolutely nothing memorable about the theme to the current Star Trek series. It should be uplifting and magical but instead, it's a downer.

He's a far better TV than film composer.

Donger
06-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Thomas Newman's score to American Beauty changed the musical landscape literally overnight. It was brilliant and has been copied hundreds of times since. His work on the Dark Knight overshadowed Hans Zimmer's work, IMO, and the score to the latest James Bond Film is a marvel. IMO, there is currently no one better.

I didn't know that was involved in Dark Night at all. I thought that was all Zimmer.

I agree that Stewart Copeland has composed some very interesting scores, but it's highly unlikely he'd be a candidate for a Star Wars film. Elfman, IMO, is too whimsical for Star Wars, although he too is another game-changer like Newman.

Not sure I agree with Elfman. The score to Batman was very dark. Descent Into Mystery comes to mind.

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2013, 01:46 PM
I didn't know that was involved in Dark Night at all. I thought that was all Zimmer.

There were actually more than 15 composers that worked on the Dark Knight, with Zimmer and Newman as the two leads.

Not sure I agree with Elfman. The score to Batman was very dark. Descent Into Mystery comes to mind.

Excellent point. I've been so reminded of his recent work that I'd forgotten about his past. "Desperate Housewives" is the music du jour for many programs.

Donger
06-09-2013, 01:57 PM
There were actually more than 15 composers that worked on the Dark Knight, with Zimmer and Newman as the two leads.

That figures. I love that score. It's on my Pandora thing list.

Count Zarth
06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
He's probably too busy with The Hobbit but I'd love to see Howard Shore take a crack at SW.

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2013, 05:12 PM
He's probably too busy with The Hobbit but I'd love to see Howard Shore take a crack at SW.

Shore might be considered for later installments but Episode VII will be scored by John Williams.

DaneMcCloud
06-09-2013, 05:16 PM
That figures. I love that score. It's on my Pandora thing list.

Oops, faulty memory at play. The Dark Knight was Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard (another favorite of mine).

JNH composed I'm Not A Hero, Aggressive Expansion, Blood On My Hands, Agent Of Chaos, Watch The World Burn and A Dark Knight.

Zimmer composed the rest.

Count Zarth
06-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Ford looking AWESOME.

http://i.imgur.com/PejFReA.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-09-2013, 07:57 PM
But how will Fisher look?

Valiant
06-09-2013, 09:23 PM

guillmero del toro could make chewy's labyrinth??

Gadzooks
06-09-2013, 10:31 PM
If Shia LaBeouf is cast for any part I'm officially out.

Guru
06-09-2013, 10:54 PM

Well, if he is, hopefully they shove a lightsaber up his ass early in the movie and end him.

Bowser
06-09-2013, 11:12 PM

Well, if he is, hopefully they shove a lightsaber up his ass early in the movie and end him.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldj037QdlQ1qbzahao1_r1_500.gif

AphexPhin
06-10-2013, 06:01 AM
so whats going with the casting?

Who would you guys cast?

I've heard rumors that that guy from the Tudors might be cast as the lead Jedi.

I hope they cast some guys from Boardwalk Empire (Michael Pitt who is more of an indie guy so I doubt he would even agree to it and Jack Huston)

Gadzooks
06-13-2013, 09:55 PM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/chewbacca13.gif

Count Zarth
06-15-2013, 02:18 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/8611_543507695706471_1175493672_n.jpg

Count Zarth
06-15-2013, 03:30 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1001316_609583189066268_210463715_n.jpg

listopencil
06-15-2013, 07:42 PM
I'd be very shocked if Lucasfilm changed their film "canon" and hired a white guy to portray Boba Fett.

I hadn't given any thought to the character's skin color.

DaneMcCloud
06-15-2013, 08:22 PM
I hadn't given any thought to the character's skin color.

Considering that Jango Fett was played a Maori man (as was his son, Boba), casting Tom Cruise or any other Caucasian would directly contradict canon.

listopencil
06-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Considering that Jango Fett was played a Maori man (as was his son, Boba), casting Tom Cruise or any other Caucasian would directly contradict canon.

Well that sucks. Leonardo DiCaprio have any Maori cousins?

unlurking
06-16-2013, 10:48 AM
"I don’t know. I think it’s nice that in this day and age, a white male can still be cast as an Indian played by a Mexican. White men really have come a long way!"

DaneMcCloud
06-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm not stating that J.J. Abrams will be released from his Star Wars duties, but I have heard rumblings that Disney and Lucasfilms are unhappy with his recent public statements.

1. Publicly stating that he's "pissed" that the filming of Episode VII will be in London and not Los Angeles.

2. Stating that he will "honor but not revere" the prior films, especially the original trilogy.

3. The poor box office results of Star Trek are also worrisome to some at the Mouse House.

It will be interesting to see how this develops, especially since they're on a tight schedule and according to J.J., they have not even agreed how to move forward with VII.

Guru
06-16-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm not stating that J.J. Abrams will be released from his Star Wars duties, but I have heard rumblings that Disney and Lucasfilms are unhappy with his recent public statements.

1. Publicly stating that he's "pissed" that the filming of Episode VII will be in London and not Los Angeles.

2. Stating that he will "honor but not revere" the prior films, especially the original trilogy.

3. The poor box office results of Star Trek are also worrisome to some at the Mouse House.

It will be interesting to see how this develops, especially since they're on a tight schedule and according to J.J., they have not even agreed how to move forward with VII.
Those two statements alone indicate they need to fire him and go with somebody else.

This isn't about YOU JJ. It's about a beloved franchise that you don't fuck with.

Count Zarth
06-16-2013, 11:42 AM
Abrams can fuck right off then.

After the Star Trek debacle and him being an arrogant little shit with this, I don't want him anywhere near my beloved franchises.

DaneMcCloud
06-16-2013, 11:46 AM
By the way, these quotes are searchable,which makes them even more worrisome to those in charge of reviving this franchise.

Guru
06-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Hey, I just noticed Dane isn't a Douche anymore. Well, at least in name anyway.o:-)

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Welp, goodbye JJambrams.

Red Brooklyn
06-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I haven't looked at any official numbers in a while. But isn't Into Darkness the highest grossing Star Trek film to date?

InChiefsHell
06-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Was he ever seen without his helmet? How do they rectify Boba as a clone of Jango Fett who was played by a New Zealand Pacific Islander?

And Lucasfilm didn't stop there: They replaced Bulloch's voice in the latest version of The Empire Strikes Back.

I was actually watching that last Friday and noticed it right away...that BASTARD...that and putting the "new" emperor in the hologram scene with Vader...fucking hate Lucas...

Red Brooklyn
06-17-2013, 11:20 AM
I was actually watching that last Friday and noticed it right away...that BASTARD...that and putting the "new" emperor in the hologram scene with Vader...fucking hate Lucas...
Lucas doesn't even "revere" the original trilogy. I'm not bothered by JJ's comments. Of course, I'm on the die hard fan that others are. I'm still very excited to see what Abrams could/will do for the franchise. I hope he gets his shot. And if it sucks, it sucks.

But can JJ's movie possibly be any worse that then prequels?

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 11:47 AM
I was actually watching that last Friday and noticed it right away...that BASTARD...that and putting the "new" emperor in the hologram scene with Vader

I always thought he's changed the Emperor in Empire, which was a combo shot of a monkey and an actor. At the time, no one knew if they'd earn enough to do a sequel so casting the actor to play the Emperor before the script was even written wasn't even in question.

As far as the voice of Boba Fett, why doesn't it make sense for him to have the same voice as Jango (as well as every other clone)?

...fucking hate Lucas...

Well, to each his own. Not only did he change the entire film business and the way movies were made, his ideas were 30 years ahead of technology, even though he's the guy that created the Avid workstation (then known as Droid), the pre-cursor to Pro Tools, founded Pixar Studios and of course, ILM.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 11:53 AM
I haven't looked at any official numbers in a while. But isn't Into Darkness the highest grossing Star Trek film to date?

It doesn't matter. ID cost $40 million more to make and at this point, is more than $15 million shy of Star Trek's worldwide earnings.

As it stands, ID is $47 million shy of Star Trek's domestic earnings. While it'll likely earn that $15 million, putting it on par with the prior film's earnings, plus the additional $40 million it cost to make, it's certainly not what Paramount had in mind when green-lighting this film and waiting four years for its release.

It's not really a "winner", especially considering the domestic gross, which it isn't like to match.

InChiefsHell
06-17-2013, 05:33 PM
I always thought he's changed the Emperor in Empire, which was a combo shot of a monkey and an actor. At the time, no one knew if they'd earn enough to do a sequel so casting the actor to play the Emperor before the script was even written wasn't even in question.

As far as the voice of Boba Fett, why doesn't it make sense for him to have the same voice as Jango (as well as every other clone)?

Because it just keeps to the idea that he HAS to improve on the originals, and it's just stupid. Yes, Empire happened Chronologically after Attack of the Clones, but who gives a shit? Then in Jedi he adds the Darth Vader "NOOOO" thing and then has Hayden Christensen show up at the end. He's a moron who has no idea what he created in those earlier movies, and it's frankly a big FU to the fans.

Well, to each his own. Not only did he change the entire film business and the way movies were made, his ideas were 30 years ahead of technology, even though he's the guy that created the Avid workstation (then known as Droid), the pre-cursor to Pro Tools, founded Pixar Studios and of course, ILM.
Never said he was stupid. Just idiotic when it comes to messing with the original trilogy, especially after screwing us all with those terrible prequels. Just my opinion I guess, but one shared by many.

Han shot first George! Deal with it!

InChiefsHell
06-17-2013, 05:34 PM
He should at least release the original trilogy in it's true original form. But he's got too much of an ego for that.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Because it just keeps to the idea that he HAS to improve on the originals, and it's just stupid. Yes, Empire happened Chronologically after Attack of the Clones, but who gives a shit? Then in Jedi he adds the Darth Vader "NOOOO" thing and then has Hayden Christensen show up at the end. He's a moron who has no idea what he created in those earlier movies, and it's frankly a big FU to the fans.

Fans? Which fans? The fans that initially saw the movies in theaters more than 35 years ago? Or the new legion of fans that enjoyed the prequels, the video games, The Clone Wars series, along with those fans that continue to purchase the DVD box sets?

Never said he was stupid. Just idiotic when it comes to messing with the original trilogy, especially after screwing us all with those terrible prequels. Just my opinion I guess, but one shared by many.

So, it's your opinion that even with the advances in technology and the casting of the Emperor that appears in four movies, that it would be wise to keep the Emperor in his original form for future generations?

I'm sorry, but I have to call bullshit on that. Star Wars will be around for as along as Disney owns the property. It would be egregiously silly to just ignore the flaws in the original movies, especially given the fact that the technology didn't exist for corrections to be made.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 05:47 PM
He should at least release the original trilogy in it's true original form.

For whom? For guys in their 40's to re-live their pre-teen years?

But he's got too much of an ego for that.

If there was a significant amount of income to be generated by issuing the original trilogy in their original form, it would be on shelves in a heartbeat.

The fact is that the demand isn't there, nor is it likely to ever exist.

InChiefsHell
06-17-2013, 06:04 PM

If there was a significant amount of income to be generated by issuing the original trilogy in their original form, it would be on shelves in a heartbeat.

Well shit, somebody should re-realease the original but enhanced versions of Ben-Hur, and The Ten Commandments, and every other movie that was fucking awesome but a little technologically behind...sometimes, technology does NOT improve things.

I'm sure we'll disagree. But if Lucas was so successful with the Star Wars franchise, he'd never have sold it. The guy thinks special effects make movies. They don't.

InChiefsHell
06-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Fans? Which fans? The fans that initially saw the movies in theaters more than 35 years ago? Or the new legion of fans that enjoyed the prequels, the video games, The Clone Wars series, along with those fans that continue to purchase the DVD box sets?

So, it's your opinion that even with the advances in technology and the casting of the Emperor that appears in four movies, that it would be wise to keep the Emperor in his original form for future generations?

I'm sorry, but I have to call bullshit on that. Star Wars will be around for as along as Disney owns the property. It would be egregiously silly to just ignore the flaws in the original movies, especially given the fact that the technology didn't exist for corrections to be made.

THose were not flaws...they were the original way they were presented and they MADE Lucas who he is now...surely you can see that sometimes, things are what they are and nobody would have a problem with the originals. But hey, CGI the fuck out of it. It's EASY...

InChiefsHell
06-17-2013, 06:08 PM

Sure, whatever. Or maybe people who appreciate unbastardized films which are presented the way they were meant to be.

I think it is there. But we'll never know, cuz the guy won't release them.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Well shit, somebody should re-realease the original but enhanced versions of Ben-Hur, and The Ten Commandments, and every other movie that was fucking awesome but a little technologically behind...sometimes, technology does NOT improve things.

As technology improves, movies and music are remastered, cleaned up, etc. and so on, not only to preserve and archive, but for new media formats.

The original Star Trek series has undergone a similar restoration and complete overhaul of the special effects, as has The Next Generation. Many movies have received the "Director's Cut" treatment in which special effects have been replaced and enhanced.

The original Star Wars trilogy is hardly alone in this regard.

I'm sure we'll disagree. But if Lucas was so successful with the Star Wars franchise, he'd never have sold it. The guy thinks special effects make movies. They don't.

First off, there's no way we can "disagree" because clearly, you don't have all the facts.

George Lucas sold LUCASFILMS to Disney, not just the Star Wars properties. That includes Indiana Jones as well. But the reason he decided to sell was that he wanted Star Wars to have a long-lasting and productive future. He wanted the Star Wars universe to rival and surpass that of Marvel.

At his age (and health issues), he decided to "hand off" his life's work to a company that would preserve and extend his legacy.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 07:31 PM
THose were not flaws...they were the original way they were presented and they MADE Lucas who he is now...surely you can see that sometimes, things are what they are and nobody would have a problem with the originals. But hey, CGI the fuck out of it. It's EASY...

What are you talking about? Are you seriously suggesting that Lucasfilms was "wrong" to re-cut a scene in Empire with the actor that portrayed him in four other movies? Or that having ILM clean up all of the artifacts surrounding the special effects in the first three movies?

Do you understand that these movies will be sold for generations to come? What kind sense would it makes to ignore such flaws, especially if they are correctable?

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Sure, whatever. Or maybe people who appreciate unbastardized films which are presented the way they were meant to be.

They were meant to be presented like they have been for almost the past decade. Limitations VFX were the reason they weren't done initially.

I think it is there. But we'll never know, cuz the guy won't release them.

If there was money to be made, they would be available. But you have to realize that with each passing decade, the "importance" of such a release wanes exponentially.

Guru
06-17-2013, 07:44 PM
the only thing I truly hated about the special edition of the original trilogy was putting Hayden christianson at the end of Return of the Jedi. That was just downright stupid. The rest of it I can live with because it didn't really change anything. Other than the Han shot first thing which I really couldn't care less about.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 07:50 PM
the only thing I truly hated about the special edition of the original trilogy was putting Hayden christianson at the end of Return of the Jedi. That was just downright stupid. The rest of it I can live with because it didn't really change anything. Other than the Han shot first thing which I really couldn't care less about.

I agree. When I first heard about that change to Christensen, I laughed because I thought my leg was being pulled. Not one of my finer moments. But future generations won't know the difference, so whatever.

And personally, I thought that the Emperor and Vader's holographic transmission in Empire was long overdue for correction and I really liked the end result.

It made for a much more cohesive trilogy, IMO.

CrazyPhuD
06-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Yea really the Han shooting first was the only egregious issue, but honestly the bluray release are much better because they shoot at roughly the same time. Do I personally feel it still hurts Hans character? Sure but that's what made Han shooting first great! It showed that he didn't start out as a 'good guy', he was legitimately bad in certain respects which made his translation to 'good' more powerful. Bluray is better but it still weakens how 'bad' Han was at the start.

Really the only other bit that bugs me about the newest editions is still the Jabba scene in Star Wars! I know the original shot they had to work with made it goofy when Jabba was turned into a giant slug, but still that scene is fucked. Hopefully tech will allow them to reedit it at some point so Han doesn't walk all over Jabba's tail. Heh no feared gangster is going to let someone live after that...

keg in kc
06-17-2013, 08:12 PM
The jabba scene and greedo are the worst parts for me, as well, although I was never a big fan of all the CGI atmospheric crap he added. Cleaning up the space battles was one thing, the colored boxes around the ships should be cleaned up, but I don't give a shit what's outside the windows on cloud city. The practical sets in the original gave the environments an illusion of reality that Lucas' special addition "improvements" basically destroyed.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Yea really the Han shooting first was the only egregious issue, but honestly the bluray release are much better because they shoot at roughly the same time. Do I personally feel it still hurts Hans character? Sure but that's what made Han shooting first great! It showed that he didn't start out as a 'good guy', he was legitimately bad in certain respects which made his translation to 'good' more powerful. Bluray is better but it still weakens how 'bad' Han was at the start.

Really the only other bit that bugs me about the newest editions is still the Jabba scene in Star Wars! I know the original shot they had to work with made it goofy when Jabba was turned into a giant slug, but still that scene is fucked. Hopefully tech will allow them to reedit it at some point so Han doesn't walk all over Jabba's tail. Heh no feared gangster is going to let someone live after that...

I'm not really a fan of the Jabba scene, either (but honestly, I've never been a Jabba fan, period). But from my understanding, the only way they could make that shot work was for him to walk on tail because in the original footage, he walks behind him.

keg in kc
06-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm not really a fan of the Jabba scene, either (but honestly, I've never been a Jabba fan, period). But from my understanding, the only way they could make that shot work was for him to walk on tail because in the original footage, he walks behind him.That's correct.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2013, 08:15 PM
The jabba scene and greedo are the worst parts for me, as well, although I was never a big fan of all the CGI atmospheric crap he added. Cleaning up the space battles was one thing, but I don't give a shit what's outside the windows on cloud city. The practical effects in the original gave the environments an illusion of reality that Lucas' special addition "improvements" basically destroyed.

See, and I always felt the opposite. Here you've got this great spaceport, yet it's devoid of interesting denizens. And I don't think he could have that city populated as he did in TPM yet in ANH, have it relatively barren.

I thought the Bespin scenes were cool, too. In fact, I wished at the time that there was more.

keg in kc
06-17-2013, 08:18 PM
See, and I always felt the opposite. Here you've got this great spaceport, yet it's devoid of interesting denizens. And I don't think he could have that city populated as he did in TPM yet in ANH, have it relatively barren.

I thought the Bespin scenes were cool, too. In fact, I wished at the time that there was more.I think it wouldn't have bothered me as much if the technology had been there in the 90s to actually pull it off, which it wasn't. It wasn't so much that it was there, as that it looked so obviously computer generated. So fake. That's what I mean about the illusion of reality being shattered.