PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft We better draft this motherfucker

RunKC
10-31-2012, 06:50 PM
With the 33rd pick in the NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...Stedman Bailey.

Last year: 12 TD's, 1,279 yards
So far this year: 14 TD's, 800 yards (on pace for 22 TD's and 1,450 yards)

I don't give a shit if Bowe is here or not next year. Draft this motherfucker. Great hands, great speed, crisp route runner, BAMF. Can play in the slot or on the outside.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aOnISzeG2Ao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace Gunner
10-31-2012, 06:55 PM
yep. been watching him, baller str8 up. smart, tough, moves, big soft hands. if he's there, you gotta take him.

Chocolate Hog
10-31-2012, 07:22 PM
I'll take the kid from Tennessee Tech instead

milkman
10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
yep. been watching him, baller str8 up. smart, tough, moves, big soft hands. if he's there, you gotta take him.

Who hasn't been able to get open in the last 2 games.

Bump
10-31-2012, 07:31 PM
sounds good, I'm all for drafting a WR in the 2nd round. It would be good for Barkley, Bray or Wilson to grow with a young stud WR.

Chiefspants
10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
With the 33rd pick in the NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...Stedman Bailey.

I don't give a shit if Bowe is here or not next year. Draft this mother****er. Great hands, great speed, crisp route runner, BAMF. Can play in the slot or on the outside.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aOnISzeG2Ao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eh, he's been exceedingly mediocre against legitimate competition this year. (Pretty much against the whole big 12 outside of Baylor.) He also doesn't have the ideal build for a starting NFL wideout.

bowener
10-31-2012, 07:40 PM
Smith/Bailey combo would be awesome. Smith would have somebody he is accustomed to already on the team. Might help speed up his learning curve... would also mean we could dump McMidget.

Chocolate Hog
10-31-2012, 07:43 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/26UYATqb7ZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Will be able to get this guy in the 2nd round maybe even the 3rd because he was kicked out of Tennessee. Dudes a beast.

Woodchuck
10-31-2012, 07:44 PM
I'll take the kid from Tennessee Tech instead

Da'Rick Rodgers. He used to play at Tennesee and he is better than Hunter and Patterson. He's a pothead but is in the Julio Jones/AJ Green mold.

There is another underdog guy from Louisianna Monroe that Charles davis was talking about last night on Total Access. He is big and he looked really good.

Hog Farmer
10-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Meh. He's too slow, too small, poor hands and he's only played against poor competition. CP

GloryDayz
10-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Or we're doomed to more of this...

RunKC
10-31-2012, 08:53 PM

Well, it would help if West Virginia's OL didn't get their shit stuffed in every play giving Geno 2 seconds to drop back and find a receiver.

WV
10-31-2012, 09:19 PM

I think he got hurt against Texas Tech and he was limited against KState. He played sparingly and was noticeably hobbled.

Ace Gunner
11-01-2012, 12:36 AM

except that over the past year and a half he's been the spark plug for the guy that is possibly going to beat USC QB Matt Barkley out of the first pick in the draft.

JoeyChuckles
11-01-2012, 05:17 AM
If he has sex with mothers then I don't want him.

AussieChiefsFan
11-01-2012, 05:34 AM

Sorry but that was dry.

3rd&48ers
11-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Since the Chiefs fans have been deprived of a QB so long the NFL and every other team has decided to let the Chiefs pick as many players as they want first in an effort to stop the whining.

siberian khatru
11-01-2012, 06:03 AM
Isn't he Oprah's "boyfriend"?

BoneKrusher
11-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Yep
Bailey was hobbled the last two games.
Geno in the first and Bailey in the second would be fine with me.

theelusiveeightrop
11-01-2012, 06:32 AM

even unwed mothers?

beach tribe
11-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Reminds me of Steve Smith

loochy
11-01-2012, 08:24 AM
...but we are stacked at WR. Behind Bowe we still have Baldwin (future HOFer), Breaston (the best 3rd wideout EVER), and the ever elusive RUN DMC! /preseason talk

3rd&48ers
11-01-2012, 08:26 AM
you will not keep Bowe, he wants out

King_Chief_Fan
11-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Since the Chiefs fans have been deprived of a QB so long the NFL and every other team has decided to let the Chiefs pick as many players as they want first in an effort to stop the whining.

i think that is fair.......however, we don't want any tips from Raiders about 1st round selections.

hometeam
11-01-2012, 08:28 AM
you will not keep Bowe, he wants out

You missed it.

patteeu
11-01-2012, 08:40 AM
I'd rather see the Chiefs take a CB with their 2nd if all else is equal.

Thig Lyfe
01-06-2013, 10:59 AM
It would be pretty awesome to see Geno and Stedman together again in KC.

Rausch
01-06-2013, 11:03 AM
I'd rather see the Chiefs take a CB with their 2nd if all else is equal.

Yup.

We have nothing other than Flowers...

unnecessary drama
01-06-2013, 11:05 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/26UYATqb7ZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Will be able to get this guy in the 2nd round maybe even the 3rd because he was kicked out of Tennessee. Dudes a beast.

his name is god damn Da'Rick?

I can't draft anyone with that name. Fuck.

Chief Roundup
01-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Well if he goes 33 he goes to the Jaguars. But depending on what happens with Tyson Jackson and Dorsey we will probably draft a DE with the 34th pick.

jd1020
01-06-2013, 11:26 AM
With the 33rd pick in the NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select...Stedman Bailey.

I don't give a shit if Bowe is here or not next year. Draft this mother****er. Great hands, great speed, crisp route runner, BAMF. Can play in the slot or on the outside.

Fixed.

jd1020
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vx6pGFvDqt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's him burning Amerson in the beginning, one of the best CBs in the draft.

NIUhuskies
01-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Bailey and Geno Smith have been playing w eachother since high school. talk about chemistry. itd be cool to see them both in KC

hometeam
01-06-2013, 11:43 AM
I'd hit it.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Draft his QB and I'll be doing backflips...

The Rick
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
his name is god damn Da'Rick?

I can't draft anyone with that name. Fuck.

You got a problem with that name or something?

O.city
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
I'd take Amerson or Rhodes in the 2nd, Bailey might be there in the 3rd.

Win.

Molitoth
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Austin will be gone in the first, bailey in the second.

O.city
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Right now, Bailey is projected in the 3rd.

Priest31kc
01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Cant see Bailey lasting until the 3rd...I think he'll rise after the Combine...

KevB
01-06-2013, 02:04 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vx6pGFvDqt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's him burning Amerson in the beginning, one of the best CBs in the draft.

Cordarrelle is who I've been touting with our 2nd rounder. Big, fast, talented playmaker still with some growing to do.

eazyb81
01-06-2013, 02:09 PM
A shit ton of WR talent in this draft, which will push some top tier prospects like Patterson, Rodgers, Bailey, Hunter, etc. down to the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I'd love to see us snag Patterson in the 2nd. That guy is an absolute monster.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Why would anyone advocate taking a receiver before his official 40 time at The Combines?

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Best QB first round, Best CB second round, trade early 3rd to Eagles for Maclin, best DE available 3rd round, BPA there out.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Best QB first round, Best CB second round, trade early 3rd to Eagles for Maclin, best DE available 3rd round, BPA there out.

No.

Where's your starting ILB next to Johnson? Where's your starting safety opposite Berry?

There are plenty of receiving options available. Trading for Maclin and handing him a big contract would be dumb.

SNR
01-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Why would anyone advocate taking a receiver before his official 40 time at The Combines?

Because we're football fans and it's fun to speculate and argue? :shrug:

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Well, if we are staying in a 34, the ILB next to DJ doesn't have to be a high rounder. Shane Skov in the 3rd or 4th would be a perfect fit. And the FS doesn't have to be a high pick either, we don't really need all pros everywhere.

Jackson and Cassel are coming off the books, we've got money.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Because we're football fans and it's fun to speculate and argue? :shrug:

Then I guess the entire forum has changed because just a few short years ago when Hamas, Mecca, OTWP58 and I did that very same thing (albeit, mostly after The Combines), we were all chastised on a daily basis and confronted with "If YOU know so much, why are YOU working for an NFL team?".

Neato.

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Then I guess the entire forum has changed because just a few short years ago when Hamas, Mecca, OTWP58 and I did that very same thing (albeit, mostly after The Combines), we were all chastised on a daily basis and confronted with "If YOU know so much, why are YOU working for an NFL team?".

Neato.

Yeah, it's changed alot.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Well, if we are staying in a 34, the ILB next to DJ doesn't have to be a high rounder. Shane Skov in the 3rd or 4th would be a perfect fit. And the FS doesn't have to be a high pick either, we don't really need all pros everywhere.

Jackson and Cassel are coming off the books, we've got money.

It shouldn't be about "having money", it should be about the BPA for each position and drafting for the future.

Kendrick Lewis is about as dependable as a 1976 AMC Pacer and Abe Elam is done. The Chiefs need at least one safety from the draft and one in free agency. ILB is also a must.

Otherwise, the Chiefs are going to lose at lot of games 41-38.

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:23 PM
It shouldn't be about "having money", it should be about the BPA for each position and drafting for the future.

Kendrick Lewis is about as dependable as a 1976 AMC Pacer and Abe Elam is done. The Chiefs need at least one safety from the draft and one in free agency. ILB is also a must.

Eh, ILB isn't a MUST, it's a need though. Again, I think Skov from Stanford in the 3rd or 4th would be a great pick.

I think Lewis was hurt all year, but we definitely need more depth back there.

I was actually a little bit impressed with Tyson Hartman late in the year on the back end.

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:24 PM

And Maclin just turned 24. I don't think we could get a player of that quality in the third round and if we have two 3rd rounders, it could be an idea.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Eh, ILB isn't a MUST, it's a need though. Again, I think Skov from Stanford in the 3rd or 4th would be a great pick.

So you're heading into 2013 with Derrick Johnson and Brandon Silar as your ILB?

Yeah, good luck with that.

I think Lewis was hurt all year, but we definitely need more depth back there.

I was actually a little bit impressed with Tyson Hartman late in the year on the back end.

The secondary, outside of Berry and Flowers, sucked ass. The turnover won't happen in one offseason but there needs to be serious changes, if the Chiefs plan to compete for even 8-8 next year.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:26 PM
And Maclin just turned 24. I don't think we could get a player of that quality in the third round and if we have two 3rd rounders, it could be an idea.

First off, why would Philly trade him? Secondly, you're better off drafting a guy to compete with Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin than trading for a guy.

If Bowe re-signs, WR is the least of the Chiefs immediate needs.

jd1020
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
No.

Where's your starting ILB next to Johnson? Where's your starting safety opposite Berry?

There are plenty of receiving options available. Trading for Maclin and handing him a big contract would be dumb.

1) Geno Smith, QB
2) Xavior Rhodes, CB
3a) Stedman Bailey, WR
3b) Shayne Skov, ILB
4) Zac Dysert/EJ Manuel/Landry Jones, QB
5) Zeke Motta, S

silver5liter
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
1) Geno Smith, QB
2) Xavior Rhodes, CB
3a) Stedman Bailey, WR
3b) Shayne Skov, ILB
5) Zeke Motta, S
I'd be cool with this

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
So you're heading into 2013 with Derrick Johnson and Brandon Silar as your ILB?

Yeah, good luck with that.

The secondary, outside of Berry and Flowers, sucked ass. The turnover won't happen in one offseason but there needs to be serious changes, if the Chiefs plan to compete for even 8-8 next year.

Siler? No. I just gave you an example of a guy who is, IMO, just as good as Teo skill wise at ILB.

There will be alot of turnover, but you don't have to sink high draft picks on every spot to get a good player.

Obviously, we have to lock up Bowe and Albert. But we are also going to have Jacksons money and Cassels money to use.

There are some intriguing options at FS in this years Free agency class that I would look at. Not specifically pay a guy high money, but for depth wouldn't be a bad idea.

There's always Byrd, from Buffalo, who is a great FS and young.

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:31 PM
First off, why would Philly trade him? Secondly, you're better off drafting a guy to compete with Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin than trading for a guy.

If Bowe re-signs, WR is the least of the Chiefs immediate needs.

This is the last year on his contract, and they've stated they aren't re signing him.

I like Baldwin alot more than others here, I think he still has a purpose, but I also would like to have a speed guy, like Maclin.

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:31 PM
1) Geno Smith, QB
2) Xavior Rhodes, CB
3a) Stedman Bailey, WR
3b) Shayne Skov, ILB
5) Zeke Motta, S

If the draft fell like that, we'd be set with 4 potential starters in the first four rounds.

Would be epic.

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Speaking of the draft, when can we move draft planet back to the front page?

SNR
01-06-2013, 02:32 PM

Neato.True fans still ruled the roost back then. The very thought of the draft forum was repulsive to them, and if somebody ever carried their knowledge and expertise into another conversation, that's what created those comments.

They're the same douchebags that would have opposed the SOC Blackout. "You don't know any better, quit acting like you do, etc."

SNR
01-06-2013, 02:34 PM
1) Geno Smith, QB
2) Xavior Rhodes, CB
3a) Stedman Bailey, WR
3b) Shayne Skov, ILB
5) Zeke Motta, S

Setsuna
01-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Get Percy Harvin.

Chief Roundup
01-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Siler? No. I just gave you an example of a guy who is, IMO, just as good as Teo skill wise at ILB.

There will be alot of turnover, but you don't have to sink high draft picks on every spot to get a good player.

Obviously, we have to lock up Bowe and Albert. But we are also going to have Jacksons money and Cassels money to use.

There are some intriguing options at FS in this years Free agency class that I would look at. Not specifically pay a guy high money, but for depth wouldn't be a bad idea.

There's always Byrd, from Buffalo, who is a great FS and young.

People keep saying that Tyson Jackson will be released and Dorsey is a FA. That makes DE very important. If we lose both of our starting DE's we will have to use a high pick on DE.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:39 PM

Who said anything about "high" draft choice? What the fuck?

The position NEEDS to be addressed. You don't trade a 3rd rounder for a receiver IF you have three receivers under contract. As a matter of fact, the Chiefs shouldn't trade for a receiver, period. Too many needs at other positions.

Whatever. It's all about the signing bonus, not the "cap hit".

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
People keep saying that Tyson Jackson will be released and Dorsey is a FA. That makes DE very important. If we lose both of our starting DE's we will have to use a high pick on DE.

High pick?

No.

Chief Roundup
01-06-2013, 02:42 PM
High pick?

No.

I was meaning 2cd rounder.

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:47 PM
Who said anything about "high" draft choice? What the ****?

The position NEEDS to be addressed. You don't trade a 3rd rounder for a receiver IF you have three receivers under contract. As a matter of fact, the Chiefs shouldn't trade for a receiver, period. Too many needs at other positions.

Whatever. It's all about the signing bonus, not the "cap hit".

It does need addressed.

Curious your feelings on any free agent spending this offseason?

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Signing bonus?

The guaranteed money. Give a guy $30 million upfront spread it over 7 years and pay him $500k a year for the first few years. That's the way other teams constantly sign free agent talent.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:53 PM
I was meaning 2cd rounder.

First off, no one knows which defensive alignment the Chiefs will use. If they stay in the 3-4, they shouldn't spend anything higher than a 3rd rounder on a 5 tech, if even that.

If they switch to the 4-3, which I think would be a major setback considering the Chiefs have three linebackers in place to effectively run the 3-4, they can address that position in free agency.

There's no reason to spend a 2nd rounder on a DE, period.

Especially when they need a starting safety, ILB, two QB's and depth nearly everywhere.

Sorter
01-06-2013, 02:54 PM
First off, no one knows which defensive alignment the Chiefs will use. If they stay in the 3-4, they shouldn't spend anything higher than a 3rd rounder on a 5 tech, if even that.

If they switch to the 4-3, which I think would be a major setback considering the Chiefs have three linebackers in place to effectively run the 3-4, they can address that position in free agency.

There's no reason to spend a 2nd rounder on a DE, period.

If Sheldon Richardson fell, then yes. There's literally no chance of that happening, unless he goes full Dennard and punches a cop in the next month. ROFL

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:54 PM
The guaranteed money. Give a guy $30 million upfront spread it over 7 years and pay him $500k a year for the first few years. That's the way other teams constantly sign free agent talent.

Got it, I edited cause I figured thats waht you were talking about.

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:55 PM
What are you guys thoughts on Margus Hunt with one of our 3rd rounders if he's there?

I figure if we stay in the 34, Jackson will be restructured and brought back. Atleast for depth.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:57 PM
It does need addressed.

Curious your feelings on any free agent spending this offseason?

Dude, it's too early to assess anything.

The Senior Bowl and Combines will provide some information. The first few days of Free Agency will provide some direction.

But until the Chiefs name their offensive and defensive coordinators and begin to assess the roster, it's silly, IMO, to attempt to address anything with a hypothetical.

And JFC, I forgot: CB is a MUCH more important need than DE, even if the Chiefs lose Dorsey and Jackson. FTR, Dorsey can go. Jackson can come back at a reasonable salary. If not, fuck 'em both.

O.city
01-06-2013, 02:58 PM

The Senior Bowl and Combines will provide some information. The first few days of Free Agency will provide some direction.

But until the Chiefs name their offensive and defensive coordinators and begin to assess the roster, it's silly, IMO, to attempt to address anything with a hypothetical.

And JFC, I forgot: CB is a MUCH more important need than DE, even if the Chiefs lose Dorsey and Jackson. FTR, Dorsey can go. Jackson can come back at a reasonable salary. If not, **** 'em both.

Gotcha.

Seems you are hoping we keep the 34?

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Gotcha.

Seems you are hoping we keep the 34?

Absolutely.

O.city
01-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Absolutely.

I'm in the same boat.

I would really like to bring in Ray Horton as the DC if he gets outta Zona.

Chief Roundup
01-06-2013, 03:03 PM

And JFC, I forgot: CB is a MUCH more important need than DE, even if the Chiefs lose Dorsey and Jackson. FTR, Dorsey can go. Jackson can come back at a reasonable salary. If not, **** 'em both.

There is no way the need for 1 CB is more important than the need of 2 DE. This is a QB driven league. We need DLine to go along with our current pass rush to disrupt the opponents QB play.
The good defenses always have a better front 7 than the secondary.

jd1020
01-06-2013, 03:04 PM
There is no way the need for 1 CB is more important than the need of 2 DE. This is a QB driven league. We need DLine to go along with our current pass rush to disrupt the opponents QB play.

So you believe this team needs a DE more than they need to get Arenas the **** off the field?

ROFL

O.city
01-06-2013, 03:06 PM
We need a #2 CB. Badly.

And there are likely going to be a few really good ones available at the top of the 2nd round this year.

Chief Roundup
01-06-2013, 03:06 PM
So you believe this team needs a DE more than they need to get Arenas the **** off the field?

ROFL

If we lose Jackson and Dorsey. Yes I do.

Priest31kc
01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Every team has holes and positions of need or positions where they can upgrade. No team is perfect.

Get a fucking QB in here and we'll be competing.

We already replaced our shit coaching staff with a much better one, same in the front office.

Yes, we want to make our team as good as possible around our QB. But if we have a few holes at ILB and DE and safety, its not the end of the world.

We havent had a good QB for so long, that we're not used to winning even with a bunch of holes everywhere else.

jd1020
01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
If we lose Jackson and Dorsey. Yes I do.

Even if we lose them your belief is stupid.

UDFA's can do what Jackson and Dorsey have been doing.

O.city
Toribio, Pitoatua, Smith, were all just as good as Jackson and Dorsey. You can get adequate DL other than the high draft areas.

Now, if we are switching to a 1 gap, we will need better DL play.

DaneMcCloud

You're smoking crack

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Every team has holes and positions of need or positions where they can upgrade. No team is perfect.

Get a fucking QB in here and we'll be competing.

We already replaced our shit coaching staff with a much better one, same in the front office.

Yes, we want to make our team as good as possible around our QB. But if we have a few holes at ILB and DE and safety, its not the end of the world.

We havent had a good QB for so long, that we're not used to winning even with a bunch of holes everywhere else.

More dumb shit.

The Chiefs gave up a franchise record number of points this year. Their secondary, outside of Flowers and Berry, were absolutely garbage.

I don't want to hear this shit about how you need spend money and high draft picks on defensive ends, when they don't rush the passer in the 3-4 defense.

If the Chiefs NEED find a solid #2 CB in the draft or free agency. The Chiefs NEED to find a solid starting safety opposite Berry. The Chiefs NEED to find a solid ILB next to Johnson in the draft or free agency.

Defensive end is the very LEAST of their worries.

Chief Roundup
01-06-2013, 03:12 PM
You're smoking crack

Oh really. Do you think that the Ravens, Steelers, 49ers have a better secondary than they do in thier front 7?

If you do you are the one smokin crack.

O.city
01-06-2013, 03:13 PM
More dumb shit.

The Chiefs gave up a franchise record number of points this year. Their secondary, outside of Flowers and Berry, were absolutely garbage.

I don't want to hear this shit about how you need spend money and high draft picks on defensive ends, when they don't rush the passer in the 3-4 defense.

If the Chiefs NEED find a solid #2 CB in the draft or free agency. The Chiefs NEED to find a solid starting safety opposite Berry. The Chiefs NEED to find a solid ILB next to Johnson in the draft or free agency.

Defensive end is the very LEAST of their worries.

Agree.

But we also scored a record few amount of points this year. So we need help on both sides.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Oh really. Do you think that the Ravens, Steelers, 49ers have a better secondary than they do in thier front 7?

If you do you are the

I am the what?

You're a fucking retard.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Agree.

But we also scored a record few amount of points this year. So we need help on both sides.

Outside of starting and backup QB's, the Chiefs have plenty of weapons in order to compete in 2013, especially with Andy Reid calling the plays.

But the defense will get shredded if they don't upgrade the safety and #2 CB position and at least address the ILB position with an even average starter.

As I said earlier, if they won't or can't, the Chiefs will lose a lot of games 41-38.

jd1020
01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Outside of starting and backup QB's, the Chiefs have plenty of weapons in order to compete in 2013, especially with Andy Reid calling the plays.

But the defense will get shredded if they don't upgrade the safety and #2 CB position and at least address the ILB position with an even average starter.

As I said earlier, if they won't or can't, the Chiefs will lose a lot of games 41-38.

Chiefs still need a deep threat to spread the field.

S is at the bottom of the barrel of needs, imo.

Chief Roundup
01-06-2013, 03:18 PM
I am the what?

You're a ****ing retard.

I hate the touchpad on this dell. It cannot be turned off. It pisses me off all the time. Because the mouse defaults to the submit hot key. When I accidently touched the pad on this laptop it submitted before I was ready.

Always nice to see you have to go to insults as usual.

O.city
01-06-2013, 03:18 PM

Agree.

Although I don't think ILB beside DJ, in the 34, is a high impact guy. It needs upgraded, but a smart pick in the 3 or 4 round can fill that spot.

htismaqe
01-06-2013, 03:23 PM

Outside of Bowe, they've got literally JACK and SHIT at WR.

The need to address #2 CB and S. People are way too concerned about the ILB position.

Chiefshrink
01-06-2013, 03:24 PM
To win the big games besides having a good QB is a great pass rush in the 4th qrtr - Bill Walsh

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 03:32 PM

How can you make that determination when Daboll was a fucking retard? Also, Cassel and Quinn were historically bad.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Breaston went from a $25 million dollar, solid #2 or #3 receiver to complete shit in one offseason. And Baldwin has talent. And Wylie was a 4th rounder.

Even an average QB will improve their numbers.

The need to address #2 CB and S. People are way too concerned about the ILB position.

Way too concerned? So, you're comfortable starting Silar in 2013? I disliked Belcher greatly, yet Silar was behind him.

I'm not advocating spending a Day One or Day Two pick on ILB. But the position needs to be addressed before opening day.

htismaqe
01-06-2013, 03:33 PM
How can you make that determination when Daboll was a fucking retard? Also, Cassel and Quinn were historically bad.

I don't think there's a chance in hell that Breaston went from a $25 million dollar, solid #2 or #3 receiver to complete shit in one offseason. And Baldwin has talent. And Wylie was a 4th rounder.

Even an average QB will improve their numbers.

Way too concerned? So, you're comfortable starting Silar in 2013? I disliked Belcher greatly, yet Silar was behind him.

I'm not advocating spending a Day One or Day Two pick on ILB. But the position needs to be addressed before opening day.

I don't have a problem with addressing ILB in the draft. We have 2 or 3 bigger needs.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 03:34 PM
To win the big games besides having a good QB is a great pass rush in the 4th qrtr - Bill Walsh

Thanks for letting everyone know that the Chiefs need a quarterback, Genius.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't have a problem with addressing ILB in the draft. We have 2 or 3 bigger needs.

IMO, QB, CB, safety and ILB are the Chiefs biggest needs (in that order).

Until we know Bowe's status, I'm unconcerned with WR. If he bails, there are free agency options.

JASONSAUTO
01-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Skov in the 4th would be nice if we stay 34
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
01-06-2013, 04:37 PM

In order of importance:

1. QB
2. CB
3. MLB
4. FS
5. WR

And the wide receiver spot is contingent upon Breaston staying and Baldwin's capability of being a positive reclimation project and what they plan to do with McCluster.

Breaston obviously had problems with the idiocy of Pioli, Crennel and Daboll. I can't fault him and he's a good #3.

I feel that Baldwin can be effective if we actually had someone that could throw the ball more than 5 yards.

McCluster...eh. He was getting touches and had his best season in 2012. That's not saying much, but, again, when you are playing with Cassel/Quinn in a Daboll directed offense, you don't have that much to work with in the first place.

Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston/McCluster is okay, and you've got fallback guys like Wylie and a guy who I think can be a decent receiver in the right system in Junior Hemingway. The guy is a brick and had really nice hands in college.

Ben N 58men
01-06-2013, 04:40 PM
In order of importance:

1. QB
2. CB
3. MLB
4. FS
5. WR

And the wide receiver spot is contingent upon Breaston staying and Baldwin's capability of being a positive reclimation project and what they plan to do with McCluster.

Breaston obviously had problems with the idiocy of 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' Pioli, Crennel and Daboll. I can't fault him and he's a good #3.

I feel that Baldwin can be effective if we actually had someone that could throw the ball more than 5 yards.

McCluster...eh. He was getting touches and had his best season in 2012. That's not saying much, but, again, when you are playing with Cassel/Quinn in a Daboll directed offense, you don't have that much to work with in the first place.

Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston/McCluster is okay, and you've got fallback guys like Wylie and a guy who I think can be a decent receiver in the right system in Junior Hemingway. The guy is a brick and had really nice hands in college.

I don't trust our OL. Especially if we let Albert go.

That's a high priority imo

RunKC
01-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Skov in the 4th would be nice if we stay 34
Posted via Mobile Device

I want this dude in a KC jersey next year. Don't think he'll make it to the 4th rd though.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2013, 04:47 PM

The Chiefs won't allow Albert to leave. There's no way they start the year with Stephenson or a rookie QB and rookie LT.

The offensive line is fine. They need a swing guard that can play center and little else.

Saccopoo
01-06-2013, 04:50 PM

I don't see Albert leaving unless he's offered ridiculous level money, and I don't see that happening either.

Albert
Allen
Hudson
Asamoah
Winston

is a solid line, especially if you let it grow as a group. Footwork, blocking schemes, etc. all are a lot easier when you have continuity versus putting in a new guy every year. Stephenson has some talent and the tools, so there's your OT backup.

And you don't need to spend draft picks on interior o-line positions. That's what free agency is for.

Blaize Foltz out of TCU, would be nice as a UDFA.

Expected to be a steadying force along the offensive line for the Horned Frogs since playing in all 12 games and starting two as a redshirt freshman in 2009, Foltz suffered a torn ACL midway through the 2010 season and didn't emerge as a standout until last year.

Starting all 12 games at right guard, Foltz earned First Team All-Mountain West honors and was recognized by CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman as one of this year's "Freak" athletes due to his incredible weight-room strength. Foltz is credited with a bench press of 580 pounds, an 800 pound squat, an incline bench of 530 pounds and a 430 pound clean and jerk.

"Honestly, we've gotten to a point where we stop him now for safety sake," TCU offensive line coach Eddie Williamson told Feldman. "He could probably do even more than what those numbers indicate if we didn't."

O.city
01-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Castillo will improve the offensive line as well, if he's brought in. Same with an actual QB.

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2013, 06:34 PM
The Chiefs won't allow Albert to leave. There's no way they start the year with Stephenson or a rookie QB and rookie LT.

The offensive line is fine. They need a swing guard that can play center and little else.

I agree. I can't see them letting Albert go. They find one more guy for the inside and the line is looking pretty good. Not to mention pretty young.

DeezNutz
01-06-2013, 06:40 PM
'13 Baldwin will be a fascinating statement about Pioli and the coaching staff he assembled.

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2013, 06:43 PM
'13 Baldwin will be a fascinating statement about 'Team-killer' Pioli and the coaching staff he assembled.

As well as the QBs.

DeezNutz
01-06-2013, 06:44 PM
As well as the QBs.

But we know that statement already. Utter failure, which is why the regime is new.

The jury is still out on whether or not Baldwin has NFL talent.

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2013, 06:48 PM
But we know that statement already. Utter failure, which is why the regime is new.

The jury is still out on whether or not Baldwin has NFL talent.

I thought we already knew the statement about the staff and Pioli as well? I thought you were implying that we will see if Baldwin was being held back, which would be by both the staff and the QBs(plus his shortcomings).

JASONSAUTO
01-06-2013, 06:49 PM
'13 Baldwin will be a fascinating statement about Pioli and the coaching staff he assembled.
true true
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
I thought we already knew the statement about the staff and 'Team-killer' Pioli as well? I thought you were implying that we will see if Baldwin was being held back, which would be by both the staff and the QBs(plus his shortcomings).

Gotcha. Misinterpretation on my part.

KC native
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't see Albert leaving unless he's offered ridiculous level money, and I don't see that happening either.

Albert
Allen
Hudson
Asamoah
Winston

is a solid line, especially if you let it grow as a group. Footwork, blocking schemes, etc. all are a lot easier when you have continuity versus putting in a new guy every year. Stephenson has some talent and the tools, so there's your OT backup.

And you don't need to spend draft picks on interior o-line positions. That's what free agency is for.

Blaize Foltz out of TCU, would be nice as a UDFA.

Yes, Blaine Foltz would be nice (and that's not just because I'm an alumnus). That kid played his heart out for TCU over his career and would be the type of lineman the Chiefs have historically gone after.

Thig Lyfe
01-06-2013, 06:53 PM
1) Geno Smith, QB
2) Xavior Rhodes, CB
3a) Stedman Bailey, WR
3b) Shayne Skov, ILB
5) Zeke Motta, S

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/kevin-approves.gif