PDA

View Full Version : Football Rank how desirable these 2013 New Coach Cities are

Buck
10-31-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm almost certain that the Jets, Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, and Eagles will have new head coaches next year. Probably the Browns and Panthers too, but nobody cares about them. Rank the 5 teams from 5 down to 1 based on each Category. The categories are Current Talent, Front Office (based on how flexible they are to a coaches wants/needs), Team Prestige, Ease of Division, and City Factor (which is the best city to live in?).

You may only use a 5 in each category once. If you give Philly a 5 for current talent, no other team can have a 5 in that category.

For Example:

Toronto Argonauts
Current Talent: 3
Front Office: 2
Prestige: 3
Ease of Division: 4
City Factor: 5
Total: 17

You can copy and paste this and then put your 1 - 5 on each team and then total up your score at the bottom.

Dallas Cowboys
Current Talent:
Front Office:
Prestige:
Ease of Division:
City Factor:
Total:

Kansas City Chiefs
Current Talent:
Front Office:
Prestige:
Ease of Division:
City Factor:
Total:

San Diego Chargers
Current Talent:
Front Office:
Prestige:
Ease of Division:
City Factor:
Total:

Philadelphia Eagles
Current Talent:
Front Office:
Prestige:
Ease of Division:
City Factor:
Total:

New York Jets
Current Talent:
Front Office:
Prestige:
Ease of Division:
City Factor:
Total:

Buck
10-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Dallas Cowboys
Current Talent: 5
Front Office: 3
Prestige: 5
Ease of Division: 3
City Factor: 2
Total: 18

Kansas City Chiefs
Front Office: 1
City Factor: 1
Total: 12

San Diego Chargers
Current Talent: 2
Prestige: 1
Ease of Division: 5
City Factor: 4
Total: 14

Philadelphia Eagles
Current Talent: 4
Front Office: 5
Prestige: 2
Ease of Division: 2
City Factor: 3
Total: 16

New York Jets
Current Talent: 1
Front Office: 4
Prestige: 4
Ease of Division: 1
Total: 15

So according to me, the most desirable spot for a new coach to land next year would be Dallas. In order followed by Philly, New York Jets, San Diego, and Kansas City.

ClevelandBronco
10-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Dallas Cowboys
Total: 25

Kansas City Chiefs
Current Talent: 0
Front Office: 0
Prestige: 0
Ease of Division: 0
City Factor: 0
Total: 0

San Diego Chargers
Current Talent: 0
Front Office: 0
Prestige: 0
Ease of Division: 0
City Factor: 300
Total: 300

Philadelphia Eagles
City Factor: -170
Total: -150

New York Jets
Current Talent: Tebow
City Factor: 35
Total: FifTebow

What do I win?

notorious
10-31-2012, 09:08 PM
Dallas Cowboys
Total: 17

Kansas City Chiefs
Total: 11

San Diego Chargers

Philadelphia Eagles
Total: 13

New York Jets

I didn't follow the rules, but this is how I see it.

Woodchuck
10-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Dallas Cowboys

Kansas City Chiefs

San Diego Chargers

Philadelphia Eagles

New York Jets

notorious
10-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Dallas is going to stick with Garrett for at least another year.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 09:13 PM
San Diego Chargers

LMAO

Apparently, you've never been to San Diego, its beaches, surrounding cities or Coronado Island.

It's a fucking 20 on a scale of 10.

The Bad Guy
10-31-2012, 09:15 PM
It's tough to give a grade on FO's based on this year. Some of the FO's will be wiped out.

I'd also put draft standing in there. That's a nice chip to have for a new HC.

notorious
10-31-2012, 09:16 PM
It's tough to give a grade on FO's based on this year. Some of the FO's will be wiped out.

I'd also put draft standing in there. That's a nice chip to have for a new HC.

KC could go from a -11tybillion to a 3-5 in one move.

The Bad Guy
10-31-2012, 09:17 PM
LMAO

Apparently, you've never been to San Diego, its beaches, surrounding cities or Coronado Island.

It's a ****ing 20 on a scale of 10.

Are you surprised?

notorious
10-31-2012, 09:20 PM
I shudder to think about how I would rate Cleveland. :eek:

DeezNutz
10-31-2012, 09:25 PM
The city argument is pretty misguided when it comes to professional sports because most of these guys don't live where they work.

ClevelandBronco
10-31-2012, 09:26 PM
I shudder to think about how I would rate Cleveland. :eek:

About the only thing it has going for it is that it isn't Detroit.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 09:28 PM
The city argument is pretty misguided when it comes to professional sports because most of these guys don't live where they work.

But there's very little off-season, even with the new CBA, so they're spending a significant amount of time per year in their particular city.

MTG#10
10-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Kansas City Chiefs

San Diego Chargers

:spock:

notorious
10-31-2012, 09:34 PM
:spock:

Read his rules.

Deberg_1990
10-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Jerry Jones luvs him some Garett and Romo. He can't quit them.

SNR
10-31-2012, 09:40 PM
No clue about the front office ranking. Pioli's not going to be here next year, and neither should AJ Smith (though that probably won't stop Spanos from keeping him around).

If Kansas City hired Ross from the Giants, who ended up being everything you could dream of in a GM, he puts KC at a 5. If they hired Average Joe from Chicago or something like that, KC would still be ahead of a team like Dallas. Obviously if KC keeps Pioli, they are the MOST undesirable location in the history of the NFL if you're a new head coach. Talk about a nightmare. They don't even deserve that one point they receive.

So basically, your thread sucks.

SNR
10-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Read his rules.

Okay. How about WE get the 5 and San Diego can take the fucking 4?

Buck
10-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Okay. How about WE get the 5 and San Diego can take the fucking 4?

We get to play the Chiefs twice a year, so we have a better Division Toughness rating.

notorious
10-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Okay. How about WE get the 5 and San Diego can take the ****ing 4?

I don't make the rules, but I did break his rules.

Besides, the division IS easier for SD since they get to play us twice a year.

SNR
10-31-2012, 09:43 PM

Also, if you're a coach I'm pretty sure being in a place like New York where there's all kinds of shit to do doesn't make a goddamn difference. As a coach you're busting your ass at the stadium all day, and at night you come home and spend a few precious moments with your family. There's no time for anything else.

Maybe you pick San Diego for the pleasant weather, but that's about it.

SNR
10-31-2012, 09:44 PM
We get to play the Chiefs twice a year, so we have a better Division Toughness rating.

Just admit it. Your thread was a dumb idea.

It's okay. We still love you.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Also, if you're a coach I'm pretty sure being in a place like New York where there's all kinds of shit to do doesn't make a goddamn difference. As a coach you're busting your ass at the stadium all day, and at night you come home and spend a few precious moments with your family. There's no time for anything else.

Maybe you pick San Diego for the pleasant weather, but that's about it.

There's more prestige involved with being a head coach in New York City than practically every other city.

Buck
10-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Just admit it. Your thread was a dumb idea.

It's okay. We still love you.

Not really, I think it's pretty cool. I didn't go in with any biases other than being a Chargers fan and it's cool seeing where teams come out.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Jerry Jones luvs him some Garett and Romo. He can't quit them.

Jerry Jones loves him some Jerry Jones.

That's the Cowboy's biggest problem.

lcarus
10-31-2012, 09:47 PM
What are you all talking about? Take KC off the list. Clark is about to give Pioli a 20 year extension, and in turn Pioli is gonna offer Crennel a 15 year contract. Then comes the Cassel 8 year contract. It's a process after all!

SNR
10-31-2012, 09:47 PM
There's more prestige involved with being a head coach in New York City than practically every other city.

That's what the "prestige" category is for, isn't it?

lcarus
10-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Once a potential coach sees the plaza lit up for Christmas, how could they go anywhere else? lol

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 09:50 PM
That's what the "prestige" category is for, isn't it?

Yeah but the point I'm making, not from a fan standpoint but from a coach's standpoint, is that the prestige of coaching in New York City far outweighs many other factors, including the weather (San Diego) or fan base (Philly) or the strength of the division.

If you're a head coach in New York, especially a successful head coach, you're the shit.

I don't think people in San Diego could give two shits about their head coach (or their football team, for that matter).

SNR
10-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Plus, the analysis doesn't take into account the value each category holds. Most coaches just want a fucking job. But if Coach X receives two different offers, I'm pretty sure his decision process is going to be tiered something close to this:

-Relationship/"vibes" from the front office. Is this a place I could succeed?
-Money

-Talent currently available to the team

-Prestige of the team/city

-Ease of the division

(jump 3,323 spaces)

-Is the city nice/cool/awesome?

SNR
10-31-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning chose Denver because he really really really likes skiing

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Peyton Manning chose Denver because he really really really likes skiing

Elway.

Fucking the Chiefs since 1983.

ThaVirus
10-31-2012, 09:57 PM

Yeah. Also, with the city ranking, I'd say it doesn't include fan backlash and criticism. If you're successful in NY then you'll be the fucking man, but if you falter, you'll be much worse off than you would in a place less desirable to live like KC.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah. Also, with the city ranking, I'd say it doesn't include fan backlash and criticism. If you're successful in NY then you'll be the fucking man, but if you falter, you'll be much worse off than you would in a place less desirable to live like KC.

As evidenced by the banners being flown over Met Life Stadium during Jets games

SNR
10-31-2012, 10:03 PM
If Pioli is retained, does he have a choice in keeping or firing Crennel? I'm pretty sure he's obligated to fire the dude.

If that happened, is there a single fucking coach out there who would be willing to take over this team?

Let me guess. We'd promote Brian Daboll to HC. Because that would be our only fucking option.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 10:05 PM
If Pioli is retained, does he have a choice in keeping or firing Crennel? I'm pretty sure he's obligated to fire the dude.

If that happened, is there a single fucking coach out there who would be willing to take over this team?

Let me guess. We'd promote Brian Daboll to HC. Because that would be our only fucking option.

There is no way Pioli is retained.

ThaVirus
10-31-2012, 10:06 PM
As evidenced by the banners being flown over Met Life Stadium during Jets games

Come on, Dane.

The Jets have experienced a lot of success with Ryan. They went to two straight AFC Championship games a couple seasons ago if I'm not mistaken.

What we're seeing in KC is the culmination of like 40 years of ineptitude.

Do you really think a new coach in Minnesota or St. Louis would feel as much pressure from the city/fans as a guy in NYC or Philly?

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Come on, Dane.

The Jets have experienced a lot of success with Ryan. They went to two straight AFC Championship games a couple seasons ago if I'm not mistaken.

What we're seeing in KC is the culmination of like 40 years of ineptitude.

Do you really think a new coach in Minnesota or St. Louis would feel as much pressure from the city/fans as a guy in NYC or Philly?

Sarcasm

SNR
10-31-2012, 10:15 PM
There is no way Pioli is retained.

In that case, I'm going to argue that as long as the new coach likes Ross/DeCosta/Clark/whomever, Kansas City is possibly the top spot for a coach out of the 5 possibilities given by Buck.

- Some very nice pieces to work with (including the good relationship with the GM in my assumption)
- #1 overall pick (Hello, franchise QB, hello?)
- Likely an owner desperate to find his franchise coach that he'll pay booku bucks

Those are the only three things that even remotely fucking matter in this exercise. All coaches just want to be successful at their jobs, and they want to get paid. That's all any of them want. In that order.

Coaches probably don't give a fuck about prestige/history at all. It doesn't get them paid more money, and it doesn't give them a competitive advantage in winning football games.

Most of the guys we're going to be hiring just want a job. For probably over half of the candidates we interview, Kansas City will be the only place who has given them a phone call about coaching here. The same goes for all the other cities looking for coaches, too.

mcaj22
10-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Peyton chose Denver because the talent is clearly better than the Chiefs and Peyton was smart enough to the see the Chiefs as fools gold and a fraud before all of us were

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Peyton chose Denver because the talent is clearly better than the Chiefs and Peyton was smart enough to the see the Chiefs as fools gold and a fraud before all of us were

Peyton chose Denver for one reason alone: To work with HOFer John Elway.

Elway's a winner, whether it's on the football field as a player, as car dealership owner or as a NFL Executive.

Peyton just purchased 21 Papa John's franchises in Denver: Do you think that's a coincidence?

Manning will likely move to the front office as well in Denver once he's retired and may even be a co-owner with Elway someday.

That would never happen in Kansas City.

RustShack
10-31-2012, 10:38 PM
If you count this years draft, and us having our franchise QB the talent on this team is 5. High four worst case. The talent is on this team... but the atmosphere here is god awful. Awful coaching, awful execution, no one has any heart, everyone has just completely given up. No chemistry on this team whatsoever.

The team rallied behind Crennel and Orton last year, finished the season great, got even better during the offseason talent wise, and the team seen it was the same old shit and gave up before it started.

Fat Elvis
10-31-2012, 10:51 PM

Peyton chose Denver because Pioli told him that one day he could be as good as Tom Brady.

AussieChiefsFan
11-01-2012, 02:31 AM
Dallas Cowboys

Kansas City Chiefs
Front Office: 1 (2 if KC cleans house)
Total: 16(17)

San Diego Chargers

Philadelphia Eagles

New York Jets

RunKC
11-01-2012, 02:39 AM
Talented team+best atmosphere of any team on the list+owner that won't try to control him+1st overall draft pick=easily best destination of the choices

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Talented team+best atmosphere of any team on the list+owner that won't try to control him+1st overall draft pick=easily best destination of the choices

I'm surprised you can feed yourself

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2012, 02:42 AM
LMAO at these responses

RunKC
11-01-2012, 02:46 AM
I'm surprised you can feed yourself

I don't need to feed myself when you're making me sandwiches. TURKEY ON WHEAT BIATCH.

Phobia
11-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Cool thread. Way too much work for me. But I do like it.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2012, 02:51 AM
I don't need to feed myself when you're making me sandwiches. TURKEY ON WHEAT BIATCH.

Do your parents know you're still awake?

Or are you home sick from school?

LMAO

Easy 6
11-01-2012, 02:56 AM
Kansas City, as it stands... tremendous pressure, small market... oh yeah, all of the top flight candidates will be cueing up for pioli's leadership.

Phobia
11-01-2012, 03:05 AM

I like turkey on wheat too. Probably the only reason you're still here. Try changing to white. Please.

Phobia
11-01-2012, 03:07 AM
Kansas City, as it stands... tremendous pressure, small market... oh yeah, all of the top flight candidates will be cueing up for pioli's leadership.

Pioli is going to be unemployed sipping Mai Tai's on a tropical beach next fall laughing at everybody in KC while watching tickers on his iPhone make him richer by the minute. He won the lottery in KC. As long as he doesn't invest with Mark Brunell, he's set for life.

Assud
11-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Dallas Cowboys

Kansas City Chiefs
Total:12

San Diego Chargers

Philadelphia Eagles

New York Jets
City Factor: 4 (excluding current events)

Guru
11-01-2012, 03:17 AM
KC has prestige?

AussieChiefsFan
11-01-2012, 03:25 AM
KC has prestige?

Id say so.

Buck
11-01-2012, 06:24 AM
Nobody followed the rules :(

AussieChiefsFan
11-01-2012, 06:33 AM
I did didn't I? Do I NEED to have a 5 for each category?

Woodchuck
11-01-2012, 07:10 AM
LMAO

It's a ****ing 20 on a scale of 10.

I've been there but the fans are indifferent and they suck. There is very little loyality. The city is great but you aren't looking at the whole picture.

Buck
11-01-2012, 07:27 AM
I did didn't I? Do I NEED to have a 5 for each category?

Yes. You have to have one 5, one 4, one 3, one 2, and one 1 per category.

Woodchuck
11-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Peyton chose Denver for one reason alone: To work with HOFer John Elway.

Elway's a winner, whether it's on the football field as a player, as car dealership owner or as a NFL Executive.

Peyton just purchased 21 Papa John's franchises in Denver: Do you think that's a coincidence?

Manning will likely move to the front office as well in Denver once he's retired and may even be a co-owner with Elway someday.

That would never happen in Kansas City.

There was an interesting interview with Elway last week on Sunday Countdown about how they got Manning. The reason Manning went there was because of Pat Bowlen more than anything. It has to do with manning wanting more Superbowls and Bowlen's commitment to get him there. Elway got to five Superbowls in Denver. It had everything to do with the organization. That's what it was about... They really didn't have to sell him on anything. He just wants more Superbowls and Denver was the best place to do that out of all the choices.

Organization seems to be the key with the Mannings if you think about it. It kind of reminds me of when Eli didn't want to play for San Diego.

Canofbier
11-01-2012, 07:40 AM
About the only thing it has going for it is that it isn't Detroit.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/13242/2010/09/screen_shot_2010-09-29_at_5.03.03_pm.png

A reference to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM), I hope.

Zeke
11-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Buck, your thread has no validity. There needs to be a rating for BBQ so that we stand a chance.

DaneMcCloud
11-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I've been there but the fans are indifferent and they suck. There is very little loyality. The city is great but you aren't looking at the whole picture.

Shut the fuck up, Dumbass

Rausch
11-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Buck, your thread has no validity. There needs to be a rating for BBQ so that we stand a chance.

Since he quit being a "Bear" he's lost his burst...

Detoxing
11-01-2012, 03:17 PM

Wow. So you're just wrong about everything all the time, aren't you?

SNR
11-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Since he quit being a "Bear" he's lost his burst...

Nonsense. I'm sure there are BBQ sauces out there that don't have sugar in the recipe.

saphojunkie
11-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Dallas Cowboys
Total: 18

Kansas City Chiefs

San Diego Chargers

Philadelphia Eagles

New York Jets

So according to me, the most desirable spot for a new coach to land next year would be Dallas. In order followed by Philly, New York Jets, San Diego, and Kansas City.

/thread