PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Our O-line

luv
11-01-2012, 09:09 AM
I know we've been talking about our sucky QBs and our defense and such, but I wonder what your thoughts are on our offensive line. It just seems like defenses don't have to go around the outside to get to our QB. They've been able to go right through the middle. Lilja is a better guard than center.

Sorry if repost.

fire_egoli
11-01-2012, 09:10 AM
#2 ranked oline according to some troll around here. after watching the games i concluded they suck.

htismaqe
11-01-2012, 09:11 AM
It's really hard to evaluate the line given the absolute shit that's lining up at QB.

KC Tattoo
11-01-2012, 09:14 AM
It's really hard to evaluate the line given the absolute shit that's lining up at QB.

On this note, same can be said for the rest of the team. They are a product of what Pioli brought in to be our QBotforeveritseems.

listopencil
11-01-2012, 09:17 AM
#2 ranked oline according to some troll around here. after watching the games i concluded they suck.

There was an article posted here recently that gives KC only the Center position as best in the division. It's a poll from a crappy site, so take it for what it's worth, but it's out there.

Woodchuck
11-01-2012, 10:05 AM
I feel like the o-line is pretty good. Oakland's defensive line is highly underrated. They kicked the Falcons ass and made life tough for Matt Ryan. It was probably the Falcons toughest challenge.

I think alot of it is on the quarterbacks. I think alot is on the receivers. Oakland had those guys one vs. one all day.

The o-line has been alright the rest of the year and I am not worried about them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-01-2012, 10:06 AM

A real QB can make even that line work/thread.

hometeam
11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
We have a decent and good line. Its not willie roaf and company, but its passable for now. We have much bigger problems.

Priest31kc
11-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Been great all year besides the first half in Buffalo and last week. They weren't that good last week, but they were good enough if we had a QB worth a shit.

This is obvious.

Priest31kc
11-01-2012, 10:12 AM

I've concluded that you have not watched any other offensive lines in the NFL. Seriously, go watch some other teams and you'll see that our line is not that bad, in fact, they're one of the better groups in the NFL.

I just don't understand how people can actually be blaming the offensive line for any of our failures this year. You are obviously blind and do not understand how the QB is just as important in protecting himself than the line is.

Cassel & Quinn = Awful pocket presence, shits their pants under the slightest pressure and can't make an even semi accurate pass in front of that pressure, indecisive, can't read a defense, locks on to one receiver and doesn't go through progressions, slow ass release (especially Cassel)....

I mean, how do you not see this?

Brock
11-01-2012, 10:16 AM
They have plenty of talent, but like the rest of the team, they're playing like crap.

luv
11-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I've concluded that you have not watched any other offensive lines in the NFL. Seriously, go watch some other teams and you'll see that our line is not that bad, in fact, they're one of the better groups in the NFL.

I just don't understand how people can actually be blaming the offensive line for any of our failures this year. You are obviously blind and do not understand how the QB is just as important in protecting himself than the line is.

Cassel & Quinn = Awful pocket presence, shits their pants under the slightest pressure and can't make an even semi accurate pass in front of that pressure, indecisive, can't read a defense, locks on to one receiver and doesn't go through progressions, slow ass release (especially Cassel)....

I mean, how do you not see this?
FTR, I was not intending to put any blame on the o-line. I just wanted to see what people thought about it. I've seen talk about just about every other facet of the team/organization, good or bad. I wouldn't have thought they'd be ranked #2, though.

Priest31kc
11-01-2012, 10:29 AM
FTR, I was not intending to put any blame on the o-line. I just wanted to see what people thought about it. I've seen talk about just about every other facet of the team/organization, good or bad. I wouldn't have thought they'd be ranked #2, though.

Oh I know, I was talking to the folks that are.

bevischief
11-01-2012, 10:30 AM
No one on this team has any passion about winning and show it shows in how they are playing.

Buckweath
11-01-2012, 10:34 AM
The Oline has done well considering the terrible QB that Matt Cassell is and the defenses just going all out and rightfully so against the run.

Some Chiefs fans like to say this team is bad from A to Z but the truth is, while it's true the D has been a slight disappointment, the offense would be good IMO with a decent QB.

Cassell has always been know to be bad at throwing the ball but guess what, he's been way worse this year at managing the game (turnovers) than at throwing the ball if that is even possible, how do you want that offense to look good??

Ace Gunner
11-01-2012, 10:35 AM
they did not get TC etc as this line up. That right there should tell critics to back off until they've had 6 or 8 games to gel.

But I will say this; obviously, Asamoah is not getting it done & Winston needs to stop the penalties. Allen isn't working together with Albert and that's going to be where time is needed before we can say a lot.

Buckweath
11-01-2012, 10:36 AM
No one on this team has any passion about winning and show it shows in how they are playing.

It's hard to believe with Matt Cassell as your QB. Sure you're getting paid and all as a player, but at the end of the day, it's hard to believe.

scott free
11-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Kyle "journeyman" Orton made a lesser version of this line look perfectly fine.

DaWolf
11-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Physical teams make mincemeat out of our line. We are not a physically imposing team and the way we've been built reflects that...

Brock
11-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Physical teams make mincemeat out of our line. We are not a physically imposing team and the way we've been built reflects that...

But...but...PFF says they're #2 or something....

gblowfish
11-01-2012, 12:11 PM
"Hey Eric Winston, how do YOU think our line has been playing?"

KC Tattoo
11-01-2012, 12:16 PM

It's thickening 100% thickening!

Dick Bull
11-01-2012, 12:34 PM
From what i saw sunday out o line is like the breeze. You can run right through it.

ghak99
11-01-2012, 12:38 PM
**** Eric Winston

Rain Man
11-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Your line isn't as good as that of the 1929 Buffalo Bisons, that's for sure.

Saccopoo
11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
If Barrett Jones happened to fall into the second round, then by all means draft him. He's probably the best o-lineman in this draft and has excelled at three different positions on the line the past three seasons for Alabama. You could kick Hudson back out to guard, play Barrett at center and have Asamoah or Allen battle for the other guard spot.

Other than that, draft a tackle in the latter rounds of the draft for depth.

I think there are pieces in place to have this be one of the better offensive lines in the NFL.

However, as they stated in the last game, Winston commented on the drop back and timing of Cassel in a negative manner.

It's a QB thing more than anything.

Dick Bull
11-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Your line isn't as good as that of the 1929 Buffalo Bisons, that's for sure.

Well duh. These Chiefs aren't loaded up with the superior talent of Ed Comstock and Art Dorfman. Not to mention the tackle Al Jolley (who was also the head coach)

GloryDayz
11-01-2012, 12:58 PM

His former team mates think it's grand... He's seemingly killing QBs faster that a track star goes over hurdles.

Rausch
11-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Lilja is fucking terrible.

THe C is the QB of the offensive line and he's become the Ca$$hole of the unit.

He can't snap the ball with any consistency (priority number 1) and he can't block (pass or run) worth a $#it.

Ace Gunner
11-01-2012, 01:06 PM
**** Eric Winston

Q

Ace Gunner
11-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Lilja is ****ing terrible.

THe C is the QB of the offensive line and he's become the Ca$$hole of the unit.

He can't snap the ball with any consistency (priority number 1) and he can't block (pass or run) worth a $#it.

Q to the enth power

Priest31kc
11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Pass protection has been perfect all night = 6 points!

Clearly the offensive lines fault.

CoMoChief
11-01-2012, 08:37 PM
A good QB can make an avg Oline look great.

The Oline (other than BUF game) has played well this season.

Matt Cassel is DOWNRIGHT FUCKING TERRIBLE at stepping up in the pocket and getting the ball out.

CoMoChief
11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
AWESOME!!!!

GENO SMITH HERE WE COME!!!! We aren't winning another game this season lol