PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is Cassel the worst QB ever with this kind of longevity?

lcarus
11-02-2012, 12:39 AM
How many QBs in the history of the league with as many starts as Cassel has, are actually worse than he is?

zigbazah
11-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Hey, now, don't hate. He's a great guy. :rolleyes:

Romeo's Pants
11-02-2012, 12:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EarnI.gif

lcarus
11-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Hey, now, don't hate. He's a great guy. :rolleyes:

I'm a pretty decent guy myself, but I'm a shitty quarterback lol.

Pitt Gorilla
11-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Heath Shuler is probably close.

KCrockaholic
He's trying his best and is trying to live his childhood dream. Leave him alone! He's doing the best he can. That's all we can ask.

zigbazah
If Stevie Wonder was our quarterback, we would literally still have the same time lead.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Joey Harrington was just as bad for a little bit longer.

ClevelandBronco
11-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Tim Couch maybe?

Death2CasselFans
11-02-2012, 12:46 AM
He had too many supporters up until this year. He lost some of them in 2011. But still had a large minority up to this point.

We needed the fans to turn on much sooner.

keg in kc
11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Real fans wouldn't act like this!

(Real franchises wouldn't play a quarterback like this)

Bewbies
11-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Has any made as much money?

Bump
11-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Q

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264145

Death2CasselFans
11-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Why the hell does Clay need to make a thread titled "Declaration of Independence" if its so obvious Matt Cassel sucks?

Cassel's suckage doesn't need convincing. Chiefs fans are too nice. Any other city and Cassel would get death threats and ran out of town years ago.

ZootedGranny
11-02-2012, 01:31 AM
If I sat down and really thought of every variable needed to make a 100% accurate comparison, this list may be different, but in the meantime...

Quarterbacks with at least 60 starts, fewer than 80 TDs, at least 54 interceptions and a 59% or lower completion percentage, sorted by completion percentage, from lowest to highest (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=1920&year_max=2012&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&draft_round_min=0&draft_round_max=99&league_id=&team_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_qb=Y&pos_is_rb=Y&pos_is_wr=Y&pos_is_te=Y&pos_is_rec=Y&pos_is_t=Y&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_ol=Y&pos_is_dt=Y&pos_is_de=Y&pos_is_dl=Y&pos_is_ilb=Y&pos_is_olb=Y&pos_is_lb=Y&pos_is_cb=Y&pos_is_s=Y&pos_is_db=Y&pos_is_k=Y&pos_is_p=Y&c1stat=pass_cmp_perc&c1comp=lt&c1val=59&c2stat=pass_td&c2comp=lt&c2val=80&c3stat=pass_int&c3comp=gt&c3val=54&c4stat=gs&c4comp=gt&c4val=60&order_by=pass_cmp_perc&order_by_asc=Y):

Lamar McHan (42.3%)
Mike Phipps
Mike Livingston
Rick Mirer
Tony Banks
Dave Brown
Kordell Stewart
Joey Harrington
Rodney Peete
Jay Fiedler (58.7%)

This math includes Cassel's season in New England.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 02:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EarnI.gifLMAO

Count Alex's Wins
11-02-2012, 03:00 AM
If I sat down and really thought of every variable needed to make a 100% accurate comparison, this list may be different, but in the meantime...

Quarterbacks with at least 60 starts, fewer than 80 TDs, at least 54 interceptions and a 59% or lower completion percentage, sorted by completion percentage, from lowest to highest (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&year_min=1920&year_max=2012&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&draft_round_min=0&draft_round_max=99&league_id=&team_id=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_qb=Y&pos_is_rb=Y&pos_is_wr=Y&pos_is_te=Y&pos_is_rec=Y&pos_is_t=Y&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_ol=Y&pos_is_dt=Y&pos_is_de=Y&pos_is_dl=Y&pos_is_ilb=Y&pos_is_olb=Y&pos_is_lb=Y&pos_is_cb=Y&pos_is_s=Y&pos_is_db=Y&pos_is_k=Y&pos_is_p=Y&c1stat=pass_cmp_perc&c1comp=lt&c1val=59&c2stat=pass_td&c2comp=lt&c2val=80&c3stat=pass_int&c3comp=gt&c3val=54&c4stat=gs&c4comp=gt&c4val=60&order_by=pass_cmp_perc&order_by_asc=Y):

Lamar McHan (42.3%)
Mike Phipps
Mike Livingston
Rick Mirer
Tony Banks
Dave Brown
Kordell Stewart
Joey Harrington
Rodney Peete
Jay Fiedler (58.7%)

This math includes Cassel's season in New England.

Badass.

I took out INTs and added YPA since it's a great indicator.

http://i.imgur.com/dl922.jpg

the Talking Can
11-02-2012, 07:24 AM
nick athan just said we don't have an OC who can scheme to Cassel's strengths...and our OL sucks, so Cassel deserves to start and isn't the problem

R8RFAN
11-02-2012, 07:28 AM
I think Cassel really tried hard last night but the Offensive line was getting raped.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 07:29 AM
I think Cassel really tried hard last night but the Offensive line was getting raped.

Also charles. Seriously, he got eaten almost every time.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Cassel is the Hochevar of the NFL.

Count Alex's Wins
11-02-2012, 07:33 AM
I'd like to see where Matt ranks with other non-drafted QBs (traded for) that signed huge contracts.

I'm guessing he is maybe the biggest waste of money in NFL history for a QB that was traded for and given a big contract. Easily worse than Scott Mitchell.

R8RFAN
11-02-2012, 07:33 AM
When I think of the Chiefs, I think of big fuckers on the O line and controling the LOS.... Chiefs don't do that anymore

Deberg_1990
11-02-2012, 07:37 AM
I'd like to see where Matt ranks with other non-drafted QBs (traded for) that signed huge contracts.

I'm guessing he is maybe the biggest waste of money in NFL history for a QB that was traded for and given a big contract. Easily worse than Scott Mitchell.

Without even looking it up, Mitchell was far more productive. Im pretty sure he had 4000 yard passing seasons.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 07:37 AM
When I think of the Chiefs, I think of big fuckers on the O line and controling the LOS.... Chiefs don't do that anymorehttp://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2004/09/05/sports/chiefs.583.2.forreal.jpgoh how we miss them

Count Alex's Wins
11-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Without even looking it up, Mitchell was far more productive. Im pretty sure he had 4000 yard passing seasons.

Like I said, easily.

I don't even need to look and I know the Lions had a decent offense with Mitchell.

He actually played in TWO playoff games! ROFL

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
When I think of the Chiefs, I think of big ****ers on the O line and controling the LOS.... Chiefs don't do that anymore

That's EXACTLY why this team SUCKS.

Great teams aren't know for their fucking OFFENSIVE LINEMEN.

Mike in SW-MO
11-02-2012, 07:55 AM
First the obligatory Matt Cassell is not a good qb.

That said, he was not the problem last night.

Stephenson- ugh.
Arenas. Albert. McCluster. Bowe's missed td.

This team has zero discipline. Marty would be destroying these undisciplined chumps.

banyon
11-02-2012, 07:59 AM
How long did Vince Young get?

Count Alex's Wins
11-02-2012, 08:02 AM

His accuracy was fucking dog shit.

He missed 5 or 6 throws last night that could have put the team back in the game.

He has zero downfield passing ability, past 20 yards, and it has killed the team every year.

He's fucking 8 for 30 on throws over 20 yards this year.

IT'S ALWAYS HIS FAULT. HE IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

We can't get ahead because he can't get chunk plays. We get in holes because he turns it over. We can't come back because his favorite play is the 5-yard out.

He's always the problem.

Deberg_1990
11-02-2012, 08:09 AM
hehe, heres another one.....JaMarcus Russel who had loads more raw talent than Cassel and was the #1 overall draft pick. He only got 3 years and started only 2.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 08:11 AM
hehe, heres another one.....JaMarcus Russel who had loads more raw talent than Cassel and was the #1 overall draft pick. He only got 3 years and started only 2.http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/LOL+you+gave+me+a+good+chuckle+_39099884b4dbed9ae839705892e2bc99.gif

R8RFAN
11-02-2012, 08:12 AM
But he was on Drugs Deberg, I think if he wasn't on Drugs he would have gotten a shot with someone in the NFL

TEX
11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
His accuracy was ****ing dog shit.

He missed 5 or 6 throws last night that could have put the team back in the game.

He has zero downfield passing ability, past 20 yards, and it has killed the team every year.

He's ****ing 8 for 30 on throws over 20 yards this year.

IT'S ALWAYS HIS FAULT. HE IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.

We can't get ahead because he can't get chunk plays. We get in holes because he turns it over. We can't come back because his favorite play is the 5-yard out.

He's always the problem.

Cassel does suck but the coaching staff sucks worse...

Deberg_1990
11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
But he was on Drugs Deberg, I think if he wasn't on Drugs he would have gotten a shot with someone in the NFL

Purple Drank!

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 08:16 AM

The FUCK he wasn't.

Watch his feet.

Even on plays where the line gives him 6+ seconds, he skips around like he's in a fucking Broadway musical.

As long as he's playing, he's ALWAYS THE PROBLEM.

R8RFAN
11-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Purple Drank!

Have you ever seen a first round pick not get atleast 1 chance? Dude is Toxic, I was afraid somebody would clean him up and he would be kicking our ass for the next decade.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Cassel does suck but the coaching staff sucks worse...

At this point this is also true.

KCUnited
11-02-2012, 08:18 AM
The **** he wasn't.

Watch his feet.

Even on plays where the line gives him 6+ seconds, he skips around like he's in a ****ing Broadway musical.

Yep, he's the Gregory Hines of QBs.

the Talking Can
11-02-2012, 08:21 AM

Stephenson- ugh.
Arenas. Albert. McCluster. Bowe's missed td.

This team has zero discipline. Marty would be destroying these undisciplined chumps.

um...how can you be 'not a good QB' and not be part of the problem?

he can't throw an accurate pass longer than 12 yards...Bowe was open for TDs repeatedly and Cassel threw what looked like live cats at him

Brainiac
11-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Cassel is the Hochevar of the NFL.
Rep.

Radar Chief
11-02-2012, 08:36 AM
The **** he wasn't.

Watch his feet.

Even on plays where the line gives him 6+ seconds, he skips around like he's in a ****ing Broadway musical.

Mayock covered this last night. He’s never setting his feet, he’s in a crouch like he’s ready to scramble at any minute and he’s throwing from that awkward position.

R8RFAN
11-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Marc Wilson was worse

R8RFAN
11-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Billy Kilmer was worse

WhiteWhale
11-02-2012, 08:58 AM
nick athan just said we don't have an OC who can scheme to Cassel's strengths...and our OL sucks, so Cassel deserves to start and isn't the problem

Our OC doesn't scheme to Cassel's 'strengths' (and I use that term very loosely). That's true.

The thing is that Daboll sucks too. He actually has made Cassel even worse. That doesn't mean Cassel was ever good though.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Our OC doesn't scheme to Cassel's 'strengths' (and I use that term very loosely).

The thing is that Daboll sucks too. He actually has made Cassel even worse......Along with Crennel. Fatal.

Halfcan
11-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Cashole fumbles in the end zone in in less than two minutes throws a Pick Six- he is hands down the Worst QB I have ever seen-period.

Stanzi with a blindfold could do better.

BigChiefTablet
11-02-2012, 09:58 AM

No denying that Daboll sucks....but what are Cassel's strengths again?

Mr_Tomahawk
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Matt Cassel is a talentless fuck and has no place in this league.

That said...there was nobody on that field last night playing as hard as he was.

Radar Chief
11-02-2012, 10:03 AM

Nobody shot-puts a duck to the check down receiver like Cassel.

Molitoth
11-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Like I said, easily.

I don't even need to look and I know the Lions had a decent offense with Mitchell.

He actually played in TWO playoff games! ROFL

Yeah, Mitchell had an amazing regular season, and then shit the bed in the playoffs.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
11-02-2012, 12:40 PM
You guys could've probably picked up Jason Campbell for cheap as a free agent. At least he doesn't turn the ball over much. Glad you didn't though. I'm afraid his old barbecue buddies wouldn't want to hit him very hard.

Molitoth
11-02-2012, 12:46 PM
You guys could've probably picked up Jason Campbell for cheap as a free agent. At least he doesn't turn the ball over much. Glad you didn't though. I'm afraid his old barbecue buddies wouldn't want to hit him very hard.

I'm sick of band-aids like Jason Campbell. The dude sucks.

This season needed to happen for change. All is going as planned.... too bad Andrew Luck won't be in the draft.

R8RFAN
11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Yall had one of the best QB's ever in Rich Gannon and you gave him to us.

Marcellus
11-02-2012, 01:07 PM
$46MM so far and 47 starts.

That is some high dollar garbage right there.

alpha_omega
11-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Yep...back in the day, it seemed like the Mike Livingston thing went on forever.

BigChiefTablet
11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Matt Cassel is a talentless **** and has no place in this league.

That said...there was nobody on that field last night playing as hard as he was.

The guy has heart, toughness, a great attitude and great work ethic. I wish that would win football games. He is the Rudy Ruettiger of the NFL.

Radar Chief
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Yall had one of the best QB's ever in Rich Gannon and you gave him to us.

Wait. “One of the best QB’s ever” and “Rich Gannon” in the same sentence? FAAHAA ROFL
I liked Gannon and all but, no. Just…no.

Chief Gump
11-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I would like to compare Matt Cassle to a dump. Matt is not a solid turd, they always sink. He is more like diarrhea, no matter what you do to it it keeps floating back to the top.

R8RFAN
11-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Wait. “One of the best QB’s ever” and “Rich Gannon” in the same sentence? FAAHAA ROFL
I liked Gannon and all but, no. Just…no.

Gannon was da bomb man...

Watch this Clip... Yall have never had a team this good...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LvPIAXpu7eg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2012, 02:37 PM

Jesus Athan's a fucking moron.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
11-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Hope you all enjoy.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29471657.jpg

rabblerouser
11-03-2012, 05:44 AM
The **** he wasn't.

Watch his feet.

I seem to remember a play last year where Shithead, in the face of oncoming pressure, he started skipping around and actually jumped INTO the arms of an oncoming rusher...because he was flitting around so indiscriminately that he leaped onto the rusher.

No lie, if someone could find a picture or even a .gif, it would be so sig worthy.

The one play tells the whole story - that play defines Matt Cassel.

He is quite simply the absolute sorriest excuse for a pro QB I've ever seen.

I'm still stunned when I stop to fully comprehend the magnitude of his suck.

bevischief
11-03-2012, 06:32 AM

Crapping his pants.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Jesus Athan's a fucking moron.

Given

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Crapping his pants.

Given

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-03-2012, 09:19 AM
$46MM so far and 47 starts.

That is some high dollar garbage right there.

One million dollars per pants shitting crap fest. Wow what a gig :eek:

Dayze
11-03-2012, 09:21 AM
How did Athan get to the point where local media is asking him opinion on shit. Unreal

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Badass.

I took out INTs and added YPA since it's a great indicator.

http://i.imgur.com/dl922.jpg

ROFL at Orton and Sanchez as well.

Coogs
11-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Personally, I thought Gus played one of his best games of the season for a half, and quite possibly even through the end of the 3rd quarter.

And this is what we get...

1st half: 7-11 for 66 yards and 3 points.

After 3: 10-17 for 102 yards and 6 points.

When this is one of the best... it pretty much says it all.

Priest31kc
11-03-2012, 10:30 AM
It just astonishes me that there are morons out there saying the O-Line isn't good enough. It amazes me that there are still morons out there making ANY excuses for Casshole, especially when there really aren't any excuses for him because the pass protection has been fantastic all year. It's like these idiots aren't even watching the games.

Has there ever been a QB as bad as Casshole that gets as many excuses as him for no reason? And why? Why do people defend him? It makes no sense. He's been one of the worst starting QBs ever the last 4 years. Yet dumbasses continue to blame everyone else for his shittyness. It doesn't make any sense.

It's like Chiefs fans have never had a franchise QB, so I guess they just dont understand how much a good one matters? I don't know. It boggles my mind.

Start Croyle
11-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Will Cassel break the record?

Among the active QBs on that list, Cassel is already ahead of Sanchez, and tied with Fitzpatrick who will probably be benched soon according to the GM. Orton isn't starting anymore, and Smith will likely benefit from the top-tier status of his team system and improve his numbers and get off the list.

Cassel can get up to 67 starts this year. But he will still need all of next season plus a few more games to catch up to the mighty Kordell Stewart. If Pioli remains the GM it will happen.

Count Alex's Wins
11-03-2012, 11:07 AM
ROFL at Orton and Sanchez as well.

Orton's stats are skewed by his Chicago years.

He's a better QB than this list indicates.

Same goes for Alex Smith.

Casshole is snug as a bug in a rug though. He is Bubby Brister's spiritual successor.

rabblerouser
11-03-2012, 11:08 AM
It just astonishes me that there are morons out there saying the O-Line isn't good enough. It amazes me that there are still morons out there making ANY excuses for Casshole, especially when there really aren't any excuses for him because the pass protection has been fantastic all year. It's like these idiots aren't even watching the games.

Has there ever been a QB as bad as Casshole that gets as many excuses as him for no reason? And why? Why do people defend him? It makes no sense. He's been one of the worst starting QBs ever the last 4 years. Yet dumbasses continue to blame everyone else for his shittyness. It doesn't make any sense.

It's like Chiefs fans have never had a franchise QB, so I guess they just dont understand how much a good one matters? I don't know. It boggles my mind.

^this

At some point, an NFL quarterback has to be ABLE (re: to just have the fucking ability) to put his team on his shoulders and make plays where there are seemingly no plays to be made.

Matt Cassel simply doesn't have that abilty. he's terrible.

Mark my words : barring injury, Matt Cassel will NEVER start another game for another NFL team after this season.

Unless Pioli gets a job somewhere else (ha!), then we might get a 1st rd draft pick out of him...

rabblerouser
11-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Orton's stats are skewed by his Chicago years.

He's a better QB than this list indicates.

Same goes for Alex Smith.

Casshole is snug as a bug in a rug though. He is Bubby Brister's spiritual successor.

Bubby Brister. Ha...forgot all about him.

Didn't Shanarat snub him for Denver job in favor of Brian Greise?? Bwahahahaha!!!

Fucking Vermeil signed him in '01, but cut him after camp??

AdumbGuy
11-03-2012, 12:04 PM

I can understand when people don't watch the chiefs and just see an interception and say that wasn't his fault. They just haven't seen the whole "inability to throw downfield, see open receivers, not get receivers killed, not crap his pants" suck that is Cassel to see what makes that interception inevitable. But the folks that watch the chiefs regularly and still somehow can't come to the realization that the QB is by far the biggest problem. Mind boggling.