PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Peter King: Scouts not impressed with 2013 QB class

Pages : [1] 2

Von Dumbass
11-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Bad year to pick a QB 1, 2 or 3. QBs sinking like stones in eyes of NFL scouts.

https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/264203092294238208

KC Tattoo
11-02-2012, 03:16 AM
It's early, also if we can get a taker for our first we can trade down a couple spots to get Geno or Barkley, but becareful they wont drop too far they are still valued top 5 by there posision alone. So there stock is going to rise betime the draft gets here. Keep on the course.

bowener
11-02-2012, 03:18 AM
They are all better than what is currently on the roster.

KC Tattoo
11-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Those guys can still impress at the combine there is plenty of time between now and the draft for them. The key is getting our guy for a change.

Otter
11-02-2012, 03:25 AM
Can't be, Geno Smith is the next coming of Joe Montana, Maximus Deimus Meridius and Jesse Owens all in one. His farts don't stink and when he raises his hand to the sky thunder claps.

It's true. I read it right here written by someone from West Virginia.

Tribal Warfare
11-02-2012, 03:25 AM
SI_PeterKing
"With the first pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith, quarterback, West Virginia."

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2012, 03:26 AM
Knowmo trolling outside of his cave.

KC Tattoo
11-02-2012, 03:39 AM
It's like this every year there are knocks on guys untill it gets closer to the real deal. Andrew Luck was the guy all the pundents were gimping about but he was a rairety in there eyes as well. RGIII wasn't rated as a top 10 prospect untill late last year. Teams started drooling over him after the fact they new the Colts had the number one pick and were going to take Luck for sure. That's when RGIII stock went through the roof. So it's still early to know how there stock is going to rise or fall betime the draft comes around.

By my own views I like Geno Smith and Barkley and will be thrilled if we can get one of them. Barkley is accurate as they come out of college and Geno Smith has an arm and playmaking abillities like RGIII. Are they as good as Luck or RGIII maybe not but I'd like to see them as Chiefs to find out what they could do for us.

Count Zarth
11-02-2012, 03:51 AM
"scouts" as in "pioli" as in "on off chance i'm here next season, rolling with cassel"

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 06:44 AM
"scouts" as in "pioli" as in "on off chance i'm here next season, rolling with cassel"

Precisely.

King is a mouthpiece for Pioli.

"Scout not impressed" is code for "Pioli told me he's not drafting a QB so I need to get the word out".

memyselfI
11-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Wow, we can't even get the timing of suck right.

eazyb81
11-02-2012, 06:53 AM
It's like this every year and the scouts are hardly perfect (see Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, etc falling out of the top ten).

That said, Geno is the only QB I am excited about taking with a top three pick. He is the next Donovan McNabb. Which means we'll probably take Barkley.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 06:53 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/oball/carusofyou.gif

Deberg_1990
11-02-2012, 06:59 AM
IM not sold on Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Flacco, Stafford, RGIII, Tannehill, Luck, and every QB drafted in the last 20 years.

Signed, True Chiefs fans....

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 07:00 AM
IM not sold on Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Flacco, Stafford, RGIII, Tannehill, Luck, and every QB drafted in the last 20 years.

Signed, True Chiefs fans....& pioli

Deberg_1990
11-02-2012, 07:03 AM
"We cant draft a QB! It might set back this franchise for years!!!"

You mean, worse than 2007-2012 when we made zero attempt to draft one?

VAChief
11-02-2012, 07:03 AM
It's like this every year and the scouts are hardly perfect (see Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, etc falling out of the top ten).

That said, Geno is the only QB I am excited about taking with a top three pick. He is the next Donovan McNabb. Which means we'll probably take Barkley.

Barkley = Blackledge

Buckweath
11-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Surely Geno Smith and Matt Barkley aren't worse QB prospects than Ryan Tannehill and I'd be happy to have a Tannehill on this team, though of course I wish we can get a better prospect than him.

Buckweath
11-02-2012, 07:09 AM
I'd be happy with a Joe Flacco prosepct to be honest. That's how bad the suffering has been.

suds79
11-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Surely Geno Smith and Matt Barkley aren't worse QB prospects than Ryan Tannehill and I'd be happy to have a Tannehill on this team, though of course I wish we can get a better prospect than him.

It doesn't matter. We have to take one of the 3 top rated guys.

If a team has the chance to massively upgrade at QB, I don't care where a guy is slotted in the draft. You take that guy. Always.

(Romeo voice) I mean boom.

SNR
11-02-2012, 07:26 AM
No. 2010 and 2011 were bad years to draft a Qb at 1, 2, or 3.

2013 is pretty damn good.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 07:28 AM
No. 2010 and 2011 were bad years to draft a Qb at 1, 2, or 3.

2013 is pretty damn good.Not a fan of Bradford or Newton?

SNR
11-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Not a fan of Bradford or Newton?

Bradford is the worst #1 QB off the board in a draft since Jamarcus Russell. He was injured half of his senior year for crying out loud and still was outright given the job. He also had one of the lowest ceilings of any #1 overall QB that I can think of. It's tough to imagine a more underwhelming QB prospect to take if you're a team in need of a QB in the draft.

beach tribe
11-02-2012, 07:32 AM
I give a fuck what the scouts say.
Scouts drooled over Jamarcus Russell.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 07:34 AM
I give a fuck what the scouts say.
Scouts drooled over Jamarcus Russell.http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzjho5l6TG1r0x8eq.gif

Buckweath
11-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Thinking about it, I remember when Matt Ryan was drafted #3 overall, he wasn't considered to be a special QB prospect at all. I don't think Barkley is any worse a QB prospect than Ryan and that guy turned out pretty good.

WhiteWhale
11-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I give a **** what the scouts say.
Scouts drooled over Jamarcus Russell.

"Most talented QB prospect since John Elway"

They didn't just drool over him, they literally touted him as the best prospect in 20 years.

As soon as the Raiders drafted him, the media flipped to "Ah, he was over-rated. Al Davis is crazy." ROFL

SNR
Can't be, Geno Smith is the next coming of Joe Montana, Maximus Deimus Meridius and Jesse Owens all in one. His farts don't stink and when he raises his hand to the sky thunder claps.

It's true. I read it right here written by someone from West Virginia.

GTFO

KC_Lee
"We cant draft a QB! It might set back this franchise for years!!!"

You mean, worse than 1984 -2012 when we made zero attempt to draft one?

FYP

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Thinking about it, I remember when Matt Ryan was drafted #3 overall, he wasn't considered to be a special QB prospect at all. I don't think Barkley is any worse a QB prospect than Ryan and that guy turned out pretty good.

That's because he wasn't a special QB prospect.

Until this year, he really hasn't been a special QB, either.

And it remains to be seen if he can take this team on his back and win a playoff game when things aren't clicking.

Great Expectations
11-02-2012, 07:53 AM
If Geno and Barkley don't get rave reviews Murray might come out early. I think he is ready, and looks to be the most prototypical QB of the group.

suds79
11-02-2012, 08:20 AM
If Geno and Barkley don't get rave reviews Murray might come out early. I think he is ready, and looks to be the most prototypical QB of the group.

He's not that big so prototypical might be a bit of a stretch.

I think Murray, much like Bray, might as well be dead to us. We will have next year either Matt Barkley or Geno Smith with Tyler Wilson having a slight chance.

It'll be one of those 3.

King_Chief_Fan
11-02-2012, 08:31 AM
What do scouts know? Jaguars say hi....thanks for the useless Blaine Gabbert

SNR
11-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Apparently it's a bad year period to pick a player at all according to McShay and Kiper.

Let's just not pick anybody. They might bust.

theelusiveeightrop
11-02-2012, 08:42 AM
What do scouts know? Jaguars say hi....thanks for the useless Blaine Gabbert

And they traded up to get him.

hometeam
11-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Why does everyone take these things as true. The real deal is that nobody really knows shit.

Woodchuck
11-02-2012, 09:16 AM
King is not the only one saying it. There are alot of people saying it. If you are honest with yourself, you will see what they mean when you watch the tape on these guys. Honestly, right now, I can't see any GM taking one of these guys #1 overall.

Chief_For_Life58
11-02-2012, 09:28 AM
King is not the only one saying it. There are alot of people saying it. If you are honest with yourself, you will see what they mean when you watch the tape on these guys. Honestly, right now, I can't see any GM taking one of these guys #1 overall.

oh yeah youre sooo right and smart buddy! Matt Cassel & Brady Quinn are soooo much better then the possibilities of Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. Ya lets see what Cassel can do next year. Its a process. Give him time.

fuck you

Braincase
11-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Even the year we suck the worst, we're freakin' doomed to select the worst first ever.

Chief_For_Life58
11-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Whichever one is more accurate come april draft. We take that one. I don't care. Accuracy and field smartness = nfl greatness. I don't care if thats Geno, Barkley, or Wilson. We need to take one of them. All 3 of those guys are better than any qb we have on the roster right now. And anyone who thinks we shouldnt take a qb with our first pick you are not a true chiefs fan so get the fuck off this site and go jump off a bridge while stabbing yourself midair with a rusty aids infected butter knife

SNR
11-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Even the year we suck the worst, we're freakin' doomed to select the worst first ever.
Know which years 2013's QB class is better than?

And that's just since the turn of the century.

This is a pretty good class. It is a good year to suck for a QB.

Woodchuck
11-02-2012, 09:35 AM

Murray chokes in big games and withers when UGA gets behind. He is a poor leader and we don't want him. I am as much of a UGA fan as I am a Chiefs fan. I have seen every play he has ever made on the field.

oh yeah youre sooo right and smart buddy! Matt Cassel & Brady Quinn are soooo much better then the possibilities of Geno Smith and Matt Barkley. Ya lets see what Cassel can do next year. Its a process. Give him time.

**** you

In no way is that what I was saying buddy boy. We have to draft a QB. I would like to move back into the first round and get one. However, taking a QB with the #1 pick this yer seems pretty stupid to me at this point. We should probably take Jarvis Jones or trade back if we can.

Detoxing
11-02-2012, 09:37 AM

I find it hilarious when Message board posters use the term "watch the tape".

What tape? His youtube highlights?

ROFL

SNR
11-02-2012, 09:39 AM
In no way is that what I was saying buddy boy. We have to draft a QB. I would like to move back into the first round and get one. However, taking a QB with the #1 pick this yer seems pretty stupid to me at this point. We should probably take Jarvis Jones or trade back if we can.
HOW ABOUT WE WAIT UNTIL THE 3RD ROUND SO WE CAN TAKE A NICK FOLES OR BRODY CROYLE TYPE OF GUY? HMM?? THEY'RE JUST AS GOOD YEAH???

eazyb81
11-02-2012, 09:39 AM

Your comment could have easily been used when discussing Aaron Rodgers heading into the 2005 draft.

The reality is that QB is the hardest position to pick, and the analysts will only say a QB is elite if he fits their prototype mold of big size, rocket arm, amazing accuracy, big winner in college, experience in pro-style offense, multiple years as a starter, etc.

It is a much easier gig to pick apart a player's potential flaws than go out on a limb for a guy.

RunKC
11-02-2012, 09:40 AM

Good point but I'd take Matt Stafford over this class any day of the week.

Von Dumbass
11-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Brock Osweiller probably woulda been the top QB on the board this year if he stayed.

SNR
11-02-2012, 09:42 AM

I disagree. I'd rather have Geno Smith than Matt Stafford. But I'll take your point into consideration.

Who came after Stafford? Sanchez and Freeman. Two of the slapdickiest slapdicks who ever slapped dicks together.

Barkley and Wilson are both > those two.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Brock Osweiller probably woulda been the top QB on the board this year if he stayed.

Are you and BobTard related?

SNR
11-02-2012, 09:43 AM

Now is not the time for your trollery, fuckface. We have ZERO patience for your idiocy. Go back to your homer thread and stay there until the draft is over.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 09:45 AM

Agreed.

People look to the 2012 class and claim it to be the new normal. I disagree with you a little on the 2011 class, I don't think it was that bad.

There are a bunch of guys in this draft that you can win with. This will actually prove to be a pretty good QB class when all is said and done. Is there an RGIII or Luck at the top of it? Eh, probably not (though I think Smith can be better than RGIII, it will just take him a bit). But there are certainly guys like Wilson that can be successful and Barkley that could actually be excellent in a WCO. Oh, and that's not even getting into guys like Manuel who may be insanely good if he develops (he has more raw talent than Gabbert) and Bray who could be the best of them all...if his terminal douche does stand in his way.

Granted, some of them may not come out, but guys like Smith, Barkley, Wilson and Manuel will be there and that's 4 legitimate starter quality QB prospects.

Brock
11-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I find it hilarious when Message board posters use the term "watch the tape".

What tape? His youtube highlights?

ROFL

They're "studying the film" too.

kaplin42
11-02-2012, 09:46 AM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w461/ZombieClownZ/Stuff%20n%20Things/ChiefsMeme.jpg

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Who gives a flying shit about the "class".

All the Chiefs need to be concerned with is ONE guy.

There's more than a month of college games left, plus bowl season PLUS the Combines, which leaves plenty of time for guys to step up and separate themselves.

There will be at least two QB's taken in the Top Five and depending on early entry, three in the top ten. This isn't 2010. It's cheap to take a QB and if he doesn't pan out, take another two years.

But stop with the "scout" bullshit.

Woodchuck
11-02-2012, 09:49 AM

Hell yeah, no one is even close.

Look, I hope we get one of these guys and I hope he works out. The thing is that I don't see any greatness in these guys. Alot of people feel that way. Don't get mad about it people. Maybe one of them will turn into a good player like Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder? Who knows but, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Calling people who feel this way "homers" is really off the mark. The truth is that those who wish to sell their soul to Geno or whoever are the "homers." You are putting all of your hope into guys that aren't doing what we need them to do on their college team. We need a big time leader at QB. We are going to be losing for quite a while and we need leadership on both sides of the ball more than anything.

At this point, I think the homers are the people who have hope at all. You are setting yourselves up for disappointment imo. Even if there were five good QB prospects there is still only a 30% success rate.

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 09:50 AM

ROFL

You're like LAChieffan, only serious. And pathetic.

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Matt Stafford is overrated.

Can't be a top-flight QB if you can't stay on the field.

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Hell yeah, no one is even close.

Look, I hope we get one of these guys and I hope he works out. The thing is that I don't see any greatness in these guys. Alot of people feel that way. Don't get mad about it people. Maybe one of them will turn into a good player like Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder? Who knows but, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Calling people who feel this way "homers" is really off the mark. The truth is that those who wish to sell their soul to Geno or whoever are the "homers." You are putting all of your hope into guys that aren't doing what we need them to do on their college team. We need a big time leader at QB. We are going to be losing for quite a while and we need leadership more than anything.

At this point, I think the homers are the people who have hope at all. You are setting yourselves up for disappointment imo. Even with five good QB prospects there is still only a 30% success rate.

Then do yourself a favor and give up.

And then do us a favor and go away.

theelusiveeightrop
11-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Is this the same Peter King who picked KC to win the AFCW in SI? Idiot.

SNR
11-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Calling people who feel this way "homers" is really off the mark. The truth is that those who wish to sell their soul to Geno or whoever are the "homers." You are putting all of your hope into guys that aren't doing what we need them to do on their college team. We need a big time leader at QB. We are going to be losing for quite a while and we need leadership on both sides of the ball more than anything. Good fucking god.

SNR
11-02-2012, 09:56 AM
In order to turn this around, we need big time winners in college like Jay Cutler. People with leadership.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Your comment could have easily been used when discussing Aaron Rodgers heading into the 2005 draft.

The reality is that QB is the hardest position to pick, and the analysts will only say a QB is elite if he fits their prototype mold of big size, rocket arm, amazing accuracy, big winner in college, experience in pro-style offense, multiple years as a starter, etc.

It is a much easier gig to pick apart a player's potential flaws than go out on a limb for a guy.

Hmmmm....

Big size: 6'3'', 214 seems pretty big.
Rocket arm: Ever see the velocity on Geno's ball?
Amazing accuracy: Well his accuracy's gone up every year, at 75% this season.
Big winner in college: 9-4 as a Soph Starter, 10-3 as a JR and Orange Bowl mvp. Does that count?
Experience in a pro-style offense: It doesn't get much more pro-style than the Bill Stewart/Jeff Mullen offense he ran as a soph when he completed nearly 2/3 of his passes and had better than a 3-1 TD/INT ratio.
Multiple years as a starter: Is 3 okay?

Scouts don't like Geno Smith because scouts never like Senior quarterbacks unless they do crazy shit like run 4.40 40s. Geno Smith is what you're looking for in an NFL quarterback. He's excelled over a long period. He's excelled in different systems. He has the size and skills to excel and even brings some bonus tools like his quick release to the party (so that shouldn't need to be tinkered with).

You'll need to work on his feet a little, they can be inconsistent. You'll also want to work on his reads, as is the case with any QB that wasn't Andrew Luck. In the end, if the Chiefs pass on this kid they will regret it for a very long time.

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 09:58 AM
In order to turn this around, we need big time winners in college like Jay Cutler. People with leadership.

:clap::clap::clap:

Chief Roundup
11-02-2012, 10:00 AM
We use these guys when they back up what we think but if we don't like what they have to say then call them names and don't want to accept what they have to say.

SNR
11-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Hmmmm....

Big winner in college: 9-4 as a Soph Starter, 10-3 as a JR and Orange Bowl mvp. Does that count?
Experience in a pro-style offense: It doesn't get much more pro-style than the Bill Stewart/Jeff Mullen offense he ran as a soph when he completed nearly 2/3 of his passes and had better than a 3-1 TD/INT ratio.

Scouts don't like Geno Smith because scouts never like Senior quarterbacks unless they do crazy shit like run 4.40 40s. Geno Smith is what you're looking for in an NFL quarterback. He's excelled over a long period. He's excelled in different systems. He has the size and skills to excel and even brings some bonus tools like his quick release to the party (so that shouldn't need to be tinkered with).

You'll need to work on his feet a little, they can be inconsistent. You'll also want to work on his reads, as is the case with any QB that wasn't Andrew Luck. In the end, if the Chiefs pass on this kid they will regret it for a very long time.

Beautiful. Clear and concise. An elegant and authoritative argument why we should draft Geno. This post is Zen.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
We don't need A QB, Your choice to be a fan. /Pissoli

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 10:02 AM
We use these guys when they back up what we think but if we don't like what they have to say then call them names and don't want to accept what they have to say.

We universally call Peter King names and never accept what he has to say.

The only time he's of any use is when he's being used to show the mood of the national media (i.e. when he's finally criticizing Cassel, it's clearly reached critical mass). We don't use his endorsement as proof of our accuracy, if anything we do the exact opposite.

When that fat schmuck finally figures something out, it's just too damn obvious to ignore anymore.

Peter King is an idiot and a mouthpiece for the guys that feed him information.

eazyb81
11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Hmmmm....

You forgot the elephant in the room - he's black so he can't be a traditional pocket passer.

And the Holgorson pistol look isn't exactly classic pro-style like Luck ran.

I like Smith so don't feel like you need to convince me, but I am not at all surprised that Kiper and McShay aren't rolling out the red carpet for him at #1 overall yet.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
You forgot the elephant in the room - he's black so he can't be a traditional pocket passer.

Well the upshot to that is that we won't be allowed to criticize him for 3 years, so that should buy him some time.

Fortunately he's a tall black quarterback, so he'll get compared to Newton instead of RGIII. He'll win that comparison going away.

And you're right, Holgorsen's offense isn't what I would call a pro-style offense, that's why his performance as a Sophomore is so demonstrative. Under Stewart, it was a very pro-focused offense. The kid knows his dropbacks, knows how to take the snap from center. You can use a lot of what you take from that and apply it to how he's performed with this pistol set.

It actually takes a little effort to see what's special about Smith, but that shouldn't be as damning as these guys are making it out to be. There are very very few Andrew Lucks to be had.

SNR
11-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Peter King e-mailed me a draft of his MMQB article coming up. He said, "I got this really cute cartoon in it that I want you to see." It's of two kids in Halloween costumes trick-or-treating. One of the kids says, "Aw man, i got Chiefs tickets."

Hilarious, right?

bevischief
11-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Hmmmm....

This guy has been right for years so when he starts tooting a player's horn you better listen to him.

Pawnmower
11-02-2012, 10:16 AM

of course

Woodchuck
11-02-2012, 10:16 AM
When that fat schmuck finally figures something out, it's just too damn obvious to ignore anymore.

True but, very ironic.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Peter King e-mailed me a draft of his MMQB article coming up. He said, "I got this really cute cartoon in it that I want you to see." It's of two kids in Halloween costumes trick-or-treating. One of the kids says, "Aw man, i got Chiefs tickets."

Hilarious, right?

I'm calling you out on this one.

I can tell it's not Peter King's column because he didn't tell you what coffee he was drinking.

You're a liar, SNR. A damn filthy liar.

Chief Roundup
11-02-2012, 10:21 AM
This guy has been right for years so when he starts tooting a player's horn you better listen to him.

Oh really who has he asked for in the past at QB?

SNR
11-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Oh really who has he asked for in the past at QB?
He bought Aaron Rodgers this year in a FF auction league.

Dude knows his shit.

BigChiefTablet
11-02-2012, 10:25 AM
My biggest fear is that the Chiefs figure out a way to rally and win enough games to fuck us out of a QB in the draft. I mean, it doesn't look very likely, they way the have played, but it's just the kind of shit that happens to this franchise.

Woodchuck
11-02-2012, 10:26 AM

Cutler wasn't a big time winner in college. He wins in the pros.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 10:28 AM
My biggest fear is that the Chiefs figure out a way to rally and win enough games to fuck us out of a QB in the draft. I mean, it doesn't look very likely, they way the have played, but it's just the kind of shit that happens to this franchise.

Mine too.

They're allaying that fear pretty quickly right now, though.

Even when they drive it down to the opponents 30, does anyone believe they're going to finish the drive off? You're not going to win in this league by kicking field goals and this offense is incapable of getting it into the end zone against a base defense.

I'm starting to think they may actually finish this thing rather than their usual 3 wins in 5 games finishing kick to put us at 4-12 and save Pioli's job.

Bewbies
11-02-2012, 10:29 AM
My biggest fear is that the Chiefs figure out a way to rally and win enough games to **** us out of a QB in the draft. I mean, it doesn't look very likely, they way the have played, but it's just the kind of shit that happens to this franchise.

Have you watched us play? Stop worrying, we suck ass.

BossChief
11-02-2012, 10:31 AM

:facepalm:

SNR
11-02-2012, 10:32 AM

LMAO

htismaqe
11-02-2012, 10:34 AM

He's a leader!

SNR
11-02-2012, 10:35 AM

Hi ho! Hi ho! It's off to neg Knowmo!

*whistling*

beach tribe
11-02-2012, 10:39 AM

Or Luck and RG3

I love this class though.

OctoberFart
11-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Didn't Peter King say Peyton Manning was washed up and KC would win the AFCW?

saphojunkie
11-02-2012, 10:46 AM
SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUT UPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSH UTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

I hate anyone and everyone that is saying the QB are not elite this year as a warning.

For the last mother****ing time...

1. If mother****ers were good at figuring out who the **** in college football is going to be an elite QB, Ryan Leaf wouldn't have been drafted, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees would have gone #1 overall, Joe Montana wouldn't have dropped to the third round and Tom Brady wouldn't be a Patriot. SHUT THE MOTHER **** UP.

2. Worst case scenario...the ABSOLUTE WORST... is that you draft a QB and he busts. You are drafting another QB again a couple years later.

3. BEST case scenario is that everyone backs off the QBs this year, we trade down to #10, picking up extra picks, STILL get our QB, and he's great.

4. What the **** makes a QB elite, anyway? Tell me. You tell me right now the difference between an RG3 and a Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith. What is it? Intelligence? Because Peyton Manning isn't doing physics in his spare time. Then what? Arm strength? **** you, Geno Smith has great arm strength and Kyle Boller is a human turd. Okay... the offense they play in? Right, because RG3 was running the Giants offense at ****ing Baylor. Accuracy? Try again. Production? Win Loss?

The fact is, people are ****ing morons about QBs. If they weren't, then QB would be the EASIEST position to draft instead of the hardest.

If that's too much for you, then get the **** out. Let the big boys make the hard decisions.

Geno Smith, WHEN YOU ****ING WATCH HIM, has talent as a pocket passing QB. His passes look fantastic, they arrive on time and in place and have enough velocity that pro DBs will not be able to close on them despite being out of position.

Is he the greatest QB to ever live? No. Is he the best QB to be drafted in the last 5 years? Probably not. And to go further, there will probably be ANOTHER QB in the next 5 years who is better. Who gives a shit? We need a talented QB to lead this team and the ONLY way to get one right now is through the draft. The best odds at getting one in the draft is in the first round.

DO YOU ****ING UNDERSTAND THAT?

WE ARE DRAFTING A QUARTERBACK AND ANYONE WHO BITCHES ABOUT IT CAN SUCK SHIT OUT OF A MULE'S ASSHOLE.
God I hate you people sometimes.

Molitoth
11-02-2012, 10:48 AM
:clap:

KILLER_CLOWN
11-02-2012, 10:48 AM
SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUT UPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSH UTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

I hate anyone and everyone that is saying the QB are not elite this year as a warning.

1. If mother****ers were good at figuring out who the **** in college football is going to be an elite QB, Ryan Leaf wouldn't have been drafted, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees would have gone #1 overall, Joe Montana wouldn't have dropped to the third round and Tom Brady wouldn't be a Patriot. SHUT THE MOTHER **** UP.

2. Worst case scenario...the ABSOLUTE WORST... is that you draft a QB and he busts. You are drafting another QB again a couple years later.

3. BEST case scenario is that everyone backs off the QBs this year, we trade down to #10, picking up extra picks, STILL get our QB, and he's great.

4. What the **** makes a QB elite, anyway? Tell me. You tell me right now the difference between an RG3 and a Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith. What is it? Intelligence? Because Peyton Manning isn't doing physics in his spare time. Then what? Arm strength? **** you, Geno Smith has great arm strength and Kyle Boller is a human turd. Okay... the offense they play in? Right, because RG3 was running the Giants offense at ****ing Baylor. Accuracy? Try again. Production? Win Loss?

The fact is, people are ****ing morons about QBs. If they weren't, then QB would be the EASIEST position to draft instead of the hardest.

If that's too much for you, then get the **** out. Let the big boys make the hard decisions.

Geno Smith, WHEN YOU ****ING WATCH HIM, has talent as a pocket passing QB. His passes look fantastic, they arrive on time and in place and have enough velocity that pro DBs will not be able to close on them despite being out of position.

Is he the greatest QB to ever live? No. Is he the best QB to be drafted in the last 5 years? Probably not. And to go further, there will probably be ANOTHER QB in the next 5 years who is better. Who gives a shit? We need a talented QB to lead this team and the ONLY way to get one right now is through the draft. The best odds at getting on in the draft is in the first round.

WE ARE DRAFTING A QUARTERBACK AND ANYONE WHO BITCHES ABOUT IT CAN SUCK SHIT OUT OF A MULE'S ASSHOLE.

Could you please elaborate, I'm not quite sure what you mean. :D

I agree btw.

Von Dumbass
11-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Didn't Peter King say Peyton Manning was washed up and KC would win the AFCW?

He actually predicted Denver would play the Packers in the Super Bowl and that Manning would win league MVP.

KILLER_CLOWN
11-02-2012, 10:51 AM
He actually predicted Denver would play the Packers in the Super Bowl and that Manning would win league MVP.

So he was smoking something after all.

saphojunkie
11-02-2012, 10:51 AM

He predicted both.

Bump
11-02-2012, 10:52 AM
WTF is this shit?

Is this Pioli propaganda so we can stick with Cassel? I'm very skeptical that Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson and Tyler Bray all aren't good prospects for a top pick.

Chief_For_Life58
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM

Is he the greatest QB to ever live? No. Is he the best QB to be drafted in the last 5 years? Probably not. And to go further, there will probably be ANOTHER QB in the next 5 years who is better. Who gives a shit? We need a talented QB to lead this team and the ONLY way to get one right now is through the draft. The best odds at getting one in the draft is in the first round.

this times a kajillion billion multipled by a trillion

Bump
11-02-2012, 10:59 AM

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/gifs/zTIwC.gif

PhillyChiefFan
11-02-2012, 11:12 AM

:clap:

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Pathetic troll attempt of epic proportion. Neg bomb.

Detoxing
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Good.

When our new HC comes in i hope he drafts a dominant lineman. That;s how the best teams are built, from the inside out.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 11:23 AM

I'm on board with that one...

L.A. Chieffan
11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
BPA

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Good. Let them sell that line of shit. Maybe it will lower the stock a little so we can appeal to Clark's cheap-assed side.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Good.

When our new HC comes in i hope he drafts a dominant lineman. That;s how the best teams are built, from the inside out.

You need a solid QB.

Looks to me that the best teams have the best QBs.

KC Tattoo
11-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Barkley = Blackledge

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m633/IPostedWhat/Gifs/JohnsonFinnegan.gif

Detoxing
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM
You need a solid QB.

Looks to me that the best teams have the best QBs.

Nope. Lies.

whoman69
11-02-2012, 01:53 PM
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m633/IPostedWhat/Gifs/JohnsonFinnegan.gif

Amazingly enough it was Johnson who was penalized.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Nope. Lies.

LOL

tredadda
11-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Murray chokes in big games and withers when UGA gets behind. He is a poor leader and we don't want him. I am as much of a UGA fan as I am a Chiefs fan. I have seen every play he has ever made on the field.

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is what this team lacks, a stud SEC defensive player. One more and we are SB champs.

saphojunkie
11-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Do you mean the OP?

BossChief
11-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Do you mean the OP?

KnowMo.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2012, 02:36 PM

Go back to your cave.

Trollogladyte.

okcchief
11-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Draft one in each of the first 2 rounds. No, I'm not kidding.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 02:42 PM

Stupid

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 02:43 PM

I honestly would not be opposed to going Smith in the first and EJ Manuel or Tyler Bray in the 2nd (though I don't think Bray will come out without a 1st round grade). I would even consider Logan Thomas there, though I think that will likely be far higher than necessary and he could be had in the 3rd.

I'd definitely take Landry Jones in the 3rd as well.

The Chiefs need to blow their entire QB situation to hell and gone. They need at least 2 new ones in here and I don't care if that requires 2 high value picks. If a guy like Jones has as much as one or two decent games, he'd be worth more than the 3rd rounder you spent on him in a season or two.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't think Bray enters this draft.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 02:47 PM
I honestly would not be opposed to going Smith in the first and EJ Manuel or Tyler Bray in the 2nd (though I don't think Bray will come out without a 1st round grade). I would even consider Logan Thomas there, though I think that will likely be far higher than necessary and he could be had in the 3rd.

I'd definitely take Landry Jones in the 3rd as well.

The Chiefs need to blow their entire QB situation to hell and gone. They need at least 2 new ones in here and I don't care if that requires 2 high value picks. If a guy like Jones has as much as one or two decent games, he'd be worth more than the 3rd rounder you spent on him in a season or two.

Dude, come on. The Chiefs aren't investing their top two picks in QB's come 2013. This team has FAR too many other needs including Strong Safety, Rush Backer, ILB, Tight End and most likely WR.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but that'll never happen. Plus, a new coaching staff will have their hands full with ONE rookie QB, let alone two or three.

SNR
11-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm fine with Geno and Landry Jones in the 4th or something like that.

But Christ. Find a veteran to fill out the rest of the QB squad. It's totally unnecessary to turn to draft all these QBs.

Teams with with a franchise QB. Not franchise QBs

SNR
11-02-2012, 03:04 PM
We should make a daring push to acquire Gradkowski or Campbell.

QB Derek Anderson Carolina Panthers
QB Charlie Batch Pittsburgh Steelers
QB Jason Campbell Chicago Bears
QB Chase Daniel New Orleans Saints
QB Trent Edwards Philadelphia Eagles
QB Joe Flacco Baltimore Ravens Free Agent
QB Bruce Gradkowski Cincinnati Bengals
QB Rex Grossman Washington Redskins
QB Tarvaris Jackson Buffalo Bills
QB Byron Leftwich Pittsburgh Steelers

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2013#ixzz2B6LX9ZdA

ROYC75
11-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm not impressed by any of them either. ( scouts)

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Dude, come on. The Chiefs aren't investing their top two picks in QB's come 2013. This team has FAR too many other needs including Strong Safety, Rush Backer, ILB, Tight End and most likely WR.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but that'll never happen. Plus, a new coaching staff will have their hands full with ONE rookie QB, let alone two or three.

This is true.

What if you could deal a 2nd, move back a bit and pick up an extra 3rd. Would you not grab Jones or Thomas in the 3rd round at that point?

Flachief58
11-02-2012, 03:14 PM

I firmly believe that our new GM & HC will not fuck this up & will draft the best available QB with our #1 overall pick who will be leaps and bounds better than anything currently on our roster.

Enjoy your stroll to the playoffs this year. 2013 wont be so easy

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 03:19 PM
This is true.

What if you could deal a 2nd, move back a bit and pick up an extra 3rd. Would you not grab Jones or Thomas in the 3rd round at that point?

I'm not a fan of Landry Jones and would be disappointed if the Chiefs drafted him before the 5th round. I think he's much like Stanzi at this point.

Logan Thomas is an intriguing prospect but I think the ACC is so weak that it's tough to determine how long it would take to mold him into an NFL QB. He's a guy I'll need to see in a bowl game this year and after the Combines before making a determination.

DJ's left nut
11-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm not a fan of Landry Jones and would be disappointed if the Chiefs drafted him before the 5th round. I think he's much like Stanzi at this point.

Logan Thomas is an intriguing prospect but I think the ACC is so weak that it's tough to determine how long it would take to mold him into an NFL QB. He's a guy I'll need to see in a bowl game this year and after the Combines before making a determination.

So if a QB you liked slipped to the third, would we have to have acquired an additional 3rd rounder to take him? Would you take him with our only 3rd? Or would you still prefer to avoid having 2 rookie QBs on the roster even if we did get another one?

I suppose it would depend in large part on what's available, but I think a backup QB should really be a consideration there.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 03:35 PM
So if a QB you liked slipped to the third, would we have to have acquired an additional 3rd rounder to take him? Would you take him with our only 3rd? Or would you still prefer to avoid having 2 rookie QBs on the roster even if we did get another one?

I suppose it would depend in large part on what's available, but I think a backup QB should really be a consideration there.

There are so many factors involved. Did the Chiefs address need positions in Free Agency? Is there an immediate starter at a position like ILB, Strong Safety, WR or TE available?

This draft is "supposedly" the deepest at rush backer. If there was a guy like Houston in the third, I think I'd take him before a developmental QB, especially if I have one on the roster.

It's a tough question to answer at this stage. I just hope they draft a QB with the 1st round pick.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Read more: http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2013#ixzz2B6LX9ZdANo way Baltimore does not sign Flacco.

Fruit Ninja
11-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Our defense may also go back to the 4-3. so its gonna be interesting. IF they do that, we wont need a ILB. We would need more then likely an outside linebacker if they move hali to DE.

Next year right now is a huge question mark.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Our defense may also go back to the 4-3. so its gonna be interesting. IF they do that, we wont need a ILB. We would need more then likely an outside linebacker if they move hali to DE.

Next year right now is a huge question mark.

I really hope they don't go back to the 4-3. I hope they run the 1 gap 3-4.

BossChief
11-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Don't forget that we WILL. Be getting an extra third rounder for losing Brandon Carr and we should get at least 2 other comp picks as well.

Can't trade comp picks, but I'm saying that even if we move our original third for a second quarterback...it's not like we won't be able to acquire more talent.

Also, just cutting Cassel and Jackson frees up over 20 million that can be spent in free agency. No way a new GM keeps those 2 at their price tags.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Don't forget that we WILL. Be getting an extra third rounder for losing Brandon Carr and we should get at least 2 other comp picks as well.

Can't trade comp picks, but I'm saying that even if we move our original third for a second quarterback...it's not like we won't be able to acquire more talent.

Also, just cutting Cassel and Jackson frees up over 20 million that can be spent in free agency. No way a new GM keeps those 2 at their price tags.

I know that Routt sucks ass but I'm not so sure the Chiefs will get a 3rd for Carr. Hope, but uncertain.

HemiEd
11-02-2012, 04:00 PM

And then you woke up from the dream?

BossChief
11-02-2012, 04:01 PM
I know that Routt sucks ass but I'm not so sure the Chiefs will get a 3rd for Carr. Hope, but uncertain.

Routt has NOTHING to do with it. it's all about the +\- count of qualifying free agents lost and signed.

A qualifying free agent is a player that contract runs out and signs elsewhere. Routt was cut, as were Winston and Boss.

After you are up in that count (lost more than u signed) it all depends on amount they signed for and playing time.

Carr will get us a third. Without question.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 04:13 PM

Cool. I had completely forgotten the rules.

keg in kc
11-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Same shit as every year. QBs lose some games and suddenly the scouts don't like them anymore. Then we'll have the combine and suddenly they'll be in love with them again.

KCinNY
11-02-2012, 04:27 PM
I really hope they don't go back to the 4-3. I hope they run the 1 gap 3-4.

This.

Really getting annoyed by truefan-esque acquaintances who hate the 3-4 based on RAC's version of it. The 3-4 run by Dallas, Houston, SF among others is vastly different from the scheme run by the Chiefs.

Fruit Ninja
11-02-2012, 04:30 PM
This.

Really getting annoyed by truefan-esque acquaintances who hate the 3-4 based on RAC's version of it. The 3-4 run by Dallas, Houston, SF among others is vastly different from the scheme run by the Chiefs.

It has nothing at all to do with the true fan, it all has to do with the kind of GM and Coach this team hires next.

My point was. NO ONE KNOWS what is gonna happen and if he is a 3-4 or a 4-3 coach. There is ALOT of question marks when the offseason comes.

Personally, i dont care what the team runs as long as it shows results. something this team really hasnt had in a long long time. Well consistent results.

saphojunkie
11-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Routt has NOTHING to do with it. it's all about the +\- count of qualifying free agents lost and signed.

A qualifying free agent is a player that contract runs out and signs elsewhere. Routt was cut, as were Winston and Boss.

After you are up in that count (lost more than u signed) it all depends on amount they signed for and playing time.

Fascinating... I didn't realize that if the acquired free agent were cut that it didn't count towards the +/-

Thanks for the info.

Cannibal
11-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Wow, we can't even get the timing of suck right.

You're a total bitch, but you're right about this.

DaneMcCloud
11-02-2012, 07:19 PM
You're a total bitch, but you're right about this.

No, she is not.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Scouts: Not impressed with Denver's performance against actual teams this year

KCFaninSEA
11-02-2012, 08:55 PM
The defensive scheme, draft picks, free agents and returning players will all be determined by who ever is running the franchise. It won't be the same people as this year so any number of things could happen. Who ever is running the show will give us "he fits our scheme" speeches letting us know that this QB or that is better for their "system". Anything and everything should happen between now and next September. If nothing else it will be interesting.

BigMeatballDave
11-02-2012, 09:14 PM
No, she is not.

No a bitch, or about this?

:)

JohnnyHammersticks
11-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Why all this commotion about drafting a QB? We need depth at guard and a few more 4-3 defensive tackles to plug in at the 5 technique. Plus, we need more hybrid 3rd-down RB/Slot Receivers-- championship teams can never have too many of them. Just be patient, and in a few years, some has-been like Michael Vick or Tony Romo will be available and we'll finally have some good competition for Matt.

Regards, S.P.

jspchief
11-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Tough break if true that none of these guys are any good (unlikely).

A team has 2 choices. Take the best guy they can get with the pick they have, or do everything it takes to get the guy they want in the year he comes along. You can't sit back and hope that your team happens to be the worst in the league the year Manning or Luck comes out.

Chocolate Hog
11-02-2012, 09:54 PM

They will. Routt wasn't a free agent he was released by his team same with Winston.

Tombstone RJ
11-02-2012, 10:17 PM
The reality is kc doesn't have the luxury of NOT drafting a QB high in the first round. I'm literally LMAO because I told you clowns this before!!

go ahead, search for my posts where I told you that passing on a QB like Nick Foles in the mid rounds was idiotic! Stupid. Why--because now your team will be forced to take a MUCH BIGGER chance on a high first round QB.

I would wish you all "good luck" on drafting a QB, but since you all are pretty much completely jaded in your ability to listen to any reason (and because you are rival fans), I'm wishing you all get exactly what YOU want:

A #1 QB pick, the first pick taken in the first round of the 2013 class.

Saccopoo
11-02-2012, 10:22 PM

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/gallery/1275187108/gallery_83989_34767_13866101784c036b943f758.gif

Saccopoo
11-02-2012, 10:24 PM

Weird...

That sounds just like Geno Smith.

Tombstone RJ
11-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Weird...

That sounds just like Geno Smith.

What big games has Geno Smith won?

my bad, he won the Orange Bowl. Anyway, put all your eggs in the Geno Smith basket, why not? You gotta start somewhere...

Saccopoo
11-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Hmmmm....

And Geno has put on weight this year. He's around 225 currently.

CaliforniaChief
11-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Read this article about Geno. It shows the character of a man when he's struggling. Make particular notes of the following and ask yourself if he would grade himself out perfectly:

"Holgorsen reiterated this week that Smith took too much blame for the 55-14 loss to Kansas State, one of the worst home losses in school history.

''He needs to handle the loss a little bit better,'' Holgorsen said. ''There are a whole bunch of people that play in the game, and coaches that are involved in the game. So there are a whole lot of people that can accept responsibility for the game, whether it's good or bad. He's not responsible for a loss.''

But Spavital pointed out Smith is quick to fall on the sword after a loss because it comes natural.

''That's just him,'' Spavital said. ''He's the quarterback, and he has that whole persona of 'If I lose, I'll take all the blame.'''

'Dana knows that I'm my own biggest critic and I'm always going to be hard on myself,'' Smith said. ''I think he understands that it's just my competitive nature and I'm never going to be hard on myself to the point where I would lose confidence.

''No one man can win or lose a game. But as the quarterback, I control a lot of what's going on out on the field, which is why I'm so hard on myself - because I want to win them all.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/geno-smith-aims-pull-wvu-180026942--ncaaf.html

Bewbies
11-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Geno is a great prospect. Come April this place will be very, very excited about his future.

SNR
11-02-2012, 10:45 PM
The reality is kc doesn't have the luxury of NOT drafting a QB high in the first round. I'm literally LMAO because I told you clowns this before!!

go ahead, search for my posts where I told you that passing on a QB like Nick Foles in the mid rounds was idiotic! Stupid. Why--because now your team will be forced to take a MUCH BIGGER chance on a high first round QB.

I would wish you all "good luck" on drafting a QB, but since you all are pretty much completely jaded in your ability to listen to any reason (and because you are rival fans), I'm wishing you all get exactly what YOU want:

OH NOES WHAT THE FUCK WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ANOTHER SHITTY RICKY STANZI ON THIS TEAM???

PROBABLY SIT HIM BEHIND CASSEL AND QUINN.

Go fuck yourself. Did it occur to you that this direction we're taking now with the QB is EXACTLY the way we wanted it to go?

Enjoy Manning for the next two years. Your team will be shitty garbage when he leaves

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 10:45 PM
It shows what kind of character he has. That he's not big headed, and trying to avoid reprehensibility (even if he;s not to blame)

SNR
11-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Read this article about Geno. It shows the character of a man when he's struggling. Make particular notes of the following and ask yourself if he would grade himself out perfectly:

"Holgorsen reiterated this week that Smith took too much blame for the 55-14 loss to Kansas State, one of the worst home losses in school history.

''He needs to handle the loss a little bit better,'' Holgorsen said. ''There are a whole bunch of people that play in the game, and coaches that are involved in the game. So there are a whole lot of people that can accept responsibility for the game, whether it's good or bad. He's not responsible for a loss.''

But Spavital pointed out Smith is quick to fall on the sword after a loss because it comes natural.

''That's just him,'' Spavital said. ''He's the quarterback, and he has that whole persona of 'If I lose, I'll take all the blame.'''

'Dana knows that I'm my own biggest critic and I'm always going to be hard on myself,'' Smith said. ''I think he understands that it's just my competitive nature and I'm never going to be hard on myself to the point where I would lose confidence.

''No one man can win or lose a game. But as the quarterback, I control a lot of what's going on out on the field, which is why I'm so hard on myself - because I want to win them all.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/geno-smith-aims-pull-wvu-180026942--ncaaf.html
RacistBob will conveniently ignore this.

CaliforniaChief
11-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Geno is a great prospect. Come April this place will be very, very excited about his future.

Agreed. He is smart, creative, and has all the physical tools to make it work.

He seems to be responsible, a strong leader, and ready for the NFL.

3 year starter at a big-time school with success?

Yeah, I'll take that.

AussieChiefsFan
11-02-2012, 10:48 PM

Yeah, I'll take that.http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbgja6amUA1qb9nyp.gif

Gravedigger
11-02-2012, 10:50 PM
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/gallery/1275187108/gallery_83989_34767_13866101784c036b943f758.gif

Nice. I think it's impossible to tell which quarterback will be the better long term QB. Elite is a rare thing that only few achieve, it's not rated by superbowl wins, IE Dan Marino. Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler, and Cam Newton will never know what it feels like to be a superbowl quarterback because they can't lead a team worth a shit. I want a leader, a man on the field, and when he makes a mistake he can get right back up and have a vengeful side to make that team pay afterwards. I hate the excuse that the Chiefs have one thing happen to them and then they suck the rest of the game. Barkley and Geno seem like leaders, I want to know how they respond once they get knocked on their asses. Geno hasn't responded well to his adversity this year, and Barkley will be interesting to see how he bounces back against Oregon. If Barkley is the shit, he'll do to the Oregon defense what not many teams have been able to do. I'd pick the higher upside overall and take Smith, but I think with either Quarterback we'll get someone we can rely on.

CaliforniaChief
11-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Oh yeah, and when we dump this entire abortion of a coaching staff and front office, we will might actually have coaches who can help him with his footwork and other things that will help him become great.

Brock
11-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm wishing you all get exactly what YOU want:

Thanks.

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-03-2012, 08:32 AM

History says you are wrong dumbass. Midround QB's rarely if ever work. So yeah, still a dumbass donkey.

SNR
11-03-2012, 10:17 AM
If only we would have taken shitty cock-sucking Nick Foles! Then our pussy shit coaching staff could be afraid to play HIM as well, and instead go with experience as the best chance to win.

Oh, and let's not forget that Nick Foles is worse than Ricky Stanzi.

Fuck this Cockstone chest-pounding mong

Sorter
11-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Where did all of this Foles love come from?

TRR
11-03-2012, 11:07 AM

Yeah, I'll take that.

Smith hasn't handdled the press well at all this year. Saying things like "I don't take anything away from the loss" and telling a reported when put on the spot "That's a stupid question.". He needs to grow up quick if he's going to be the #1 pick in the draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
11-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Smith hasn't handdled the press well at all this year. Saying things like "I don't take anything away from the loss" and telling a reported when put on the spot "That's a stupid question.". He needs to grow up quick if he's going to be the #1 pick in the draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

:whackit:

"Grow up quick"

That's cute.

TRR
11-03-2012, 11:10 AM
:whackit:

"Grow up quick"

That's cute.

Nothing cute about it. He has shown immaturity in handling the media. Not a good sign when things are going rough.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
11-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Nothing cute about it. He has shown immaturity in handling the media. Not a good sign when things are going rough.
Posted via Mobile Device
And Dan Marino used naughty words when he was having a bad practice at Arrowhead.

Nobody gives a shit. Is he a team leader and do his teammates want to play for him? Oh, and does he have a clean record? All of those things are a part of his character profile, and they're the only things that matter remotely.

Chief Roundup
11-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't heard about this stuff. So he is acting worse or similar to the way Cam Newton has acted this year?

SNR
11-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Geno Smith could take his clothes off and start teabagging all the reporters in the room. I wouldn't give a fucking shit, and neither should you.

Who cares how he handles the media?

Rausch
11-03-2012, 11:24 AM
And Dan Marino used naughty words when he was having a bad practice at Arrowhead.

Dan Marino is the biggest asshole to ever play QB.

Period.

He's a screaming, blame-laying, self-entitled, braggart POS.

I have NONE respect for him.

None.

And he has NONE super bowls.

Perhaps there's a correlation...

SNR
11-03-2012, 11:26 AM

Period.

None.

None of those are characteristics of Geno Smith

Chief Roundup
11-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah if he is having trouble with the pressure and media at the college level then he is very likely to have those same problems in the NFL. The QB has to be able to always say the right things no matter what. They need to be able to say those things with out much sign of emotion. We don't want Ryan Leaf.

Rausch
11-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Period.

None.

Just had to get that out there...

Chief Roundup
11-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Just had to get that out there...

yeah your use of the word NONE was astounding. LOL

SNR
11-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah if he is having trouble with the pressure and media at the college level then he is very likely to have those same problems in the NFL. The QB has to be able to always say the right things no matter what. They need to be able to say those things with out much sign of emotion. We don't want Ryan Leaf.

Once again, a QB can handle the media any way he chooses within reason.

I have yet to see a link or actual evidence that Geno said "That's a stupid question" in a press conference. If he did, guess what? I don't care. Tell me how that reflects poorly on his ability to lead a team or be a great character figure just because he told off some slimy snot-nosed reporter.

Rausch
11-03-2012, 11:41 AM

I have yet to see a link or actual evidence that Geno said "That's a stupid question" in a press conference. If he did, guess what? I don't care. Tell me how that reflects poorly on his ability to lead a team or be a great character figure just because he told off some slimy snot-nosed reporter.

McNabb was constantly lambasted for his remarks in the media.

But he won.

Cuntler is having the bricks thrown at him now.

But he's doing ok.

And most players will talk up Payed-a-ton in the media and go home and tell their wives how much of a slave-driving prick he is.

But, the goofy doucebag wins...

Chief Roundup
11-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Because it is a sign of immaturity. It is a sign that he can't handle the situations without losing control.
You don't see the best QB's losing control ever. If you can't handle the media how are you going to be able to handle getting your ass handed to you by a pass rush. You going to act like Jay Cutler and trash your team. You going to act like Ryan Leaf and yell at the media. Or are you going to act like Brady, Manning and so on.
The good ones can always handle themselves in these situations by being calm, cool, and collected.

ILChief
11-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Because it is a sign of immaturity. It is a sign that he can't handle the situations without losing control.
You don't see the best QB's losing control ever. If you can't handle the media how are you going to be able to handle getting your ass handed to you by a pass rush. You going to act like Jay Cutler and trash your team. You going to act like Ryan Leaf and yell at the media. Or are you going to act like Brady, Manning and so on.
The good ones can always handle themselves in these situations by being calm, cool, and collected.

What did Geno say to the media?

SNR
11-03-2012, 11:48 AM

The misstatements and stretches in this post are so comical I'm not even going to dignify a response.

In the meantime, you and your buddy TRR can help your case by finding proof that Geno Smith said those things. I keep up to date on my Geno stuff, and have never ever come across those words that he said in a press conference.

Chief Roundup
11-03-2012, 11:50 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter
11-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Sauce?

Chief Roundup
11-03-2012, 11:56 AM
The misstatements and stretches in this post are so comical I'm not even going to dignify a response.

In the meantime, you and your buddy TRR can help your case by finding proof that Geno Smith said those things. I keep up to date on my Geno stuff, and have never ever come across those words that he said in a press conference.

I never said he said it. I just pointed out the problems if he did say those things and has that type of attitude.

How did I stretch anything or make any misstatements?

Sorter
11-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Still patiently waiting for some proof...

SNR
11-03-2012, 12:11 PM
I never said he said it. I just pointed out the problems if he did say those things and has that type of attitude.

Red = A stretch
Green = A false statement

Because it is a sign of immaturity. It is a sign that he can't handle the situations without losing control. You don't see the best QB's losing control ever. If you can't handle the media how are you going to be able to handle getting your ass handed to you by a pass rush. You going to act like Jay Cutler and trash your team.You going to act like Ryan Leaf and yell at the media. Or are you going to act like Brady, Manning and so on.

Chief Roundup
11-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Red = A stretch
Green = A false statement

BS
It is a sign of immaturity that he is not ready to handle that situation.
Cutler did that shit to Webb.
Manning, Brady and so on don't act that way in the public eye.
Never seen Manning, Brady and so on lose control.

Where did Lenny "The Cool" Dawson, Matty Ice and those guys get there nickname. The good ones always keep their cool.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-03-2012, 12:17 PM

I think the criticism that each of these QBs are going to receive is justified. With what has happened with teams picking the likes of a Ryan Leaf and others like him in years past you have to break down EVERY single aspect of everything about each of these QBs. You want to get the pick right. That's why it's so important that we hire the right people that will dot every "I" and cross every "T."

Rausch
11-03-2012, 12:20 PM

You should run for office...

SNR
11-03-2012, 12:21 PM
BS

Where did Lenny "The Cool" Dawson, Matty Ice and those guys get there nickname. The good ones always keep their cool.
No.
Explain.
Manning shit on his offensive linemen ALL the time in press conferences.
You're blind.

Sorter
11-03-2012, 12:27 PM
BS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MaGXjRaYego" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uu9TKEKia9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Roundup
11-03-2012, 12:28 PM
You're blind.

You are afraid there might be a kink in your boys armor.

Sorter
11-03-2012, 12:31 PM
You are afriad there might be a kink in your boys armor.

Post the link, Ringo.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-03-2012, 12:32 PM
He'll be on in about a half hour on FOX, SNR. But I know you already knew that haha.

SNR
11-03-2012, 12:34 PM
You are afraid there might be a kink in your boys armor.

What does this have to do with you thinking Manning, Brady, and any other elite QB in this league is a god?

Aaron Rodgers was fucking livid after the Seattle debacle.

Peyton Manning has ALWAYS been a bitch in the media room.

YOU'RE the one with the unrealistic fantasies here, not me.

SNR
11-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Let me guess. Manning's just a passionate guy who likes winning, huh?

Fuck you.

Chief Roundup
11-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Post the link, Ringo.

Hey have you been paying attention.
I didn't say that Geno said those things. You need to be asking TRR to provide that info.

I wasn't talking about on the field. You will never get a large group of men together without there being arguments between them. Or the leader having to motivate others or plane put down the law. I was talking about press conferences where Cutler has repeatedly in years past as well thrown everyone under the bus except for his own ass.

The best QB's also won't talk about other players poor performances. They find ways to deflect those questions while talking about what they could of done better.

milkman
11-03-2012, 12:40 PM
No.
Explain.
Manning shit on his offensive linemen ALL the time in press conferences.
You're blind.

That's the thing about Manning that gets shoved under the rug.

Manning has a politician's ability to couch words that deflects criticism for his failure to accept responsibilty for mistakes, or deflecting blame.

He has thrown his O-Linemen under the bus a number of times over the years.

When has he corrected anyone for blaming Reggie Wayne for the interception he threw in the SB against the Saints, when it was clear to anyone that saw that game that Manning clearly made a bad read and throw, while Wayne made the proper adjustment?

Sorter
11-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Hey have you been paying attention.
I didn't say that Geno said those things. You need to be asking TRR to provide that info.

I wasn't talking about on the field. You will never get a large group of men together without there being arguments between them. Or the leader having to motivate others or plane put down the law. I was talking about press conferences where Cutler has repeatedly in years past as well thrown everyone under the bus except for his own ass.

The best QB's also won't talk about other players poor performances. They find ways to deflect those questions while talking about what they could of done better.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/why-peyton-manning-isnt-more-revered/
Written by Kc Joyner about Peyton.

3. Throwing his teammates under the bus after a loss. Manning may have been trying to be very careful and fair about distributing blame after some of the big losses over the years, but again, it doesn’t come across well to fans.

BossChief
11-03-2012, 01:29 PM

I was sitting right behind the NE bench when the Parltriots and Chiefs played a few years back...the game when Tom Brady threw 4 picks, 3 of them to Wesley...he lost his cool on that sideline at least 3 times and he is known as one of the cooler headed qbs of this generation.

Rausch
11-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Keep Pioli, trade down 8 slots, draft a D lineman...

Crush
11-03-2012, 02:04 PM
TRR is the stupidest motherfucker on the planet. Choir boys and team captains for everyone!!!

Crush
11-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Still waiting on the fucking proof.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Can we just fill Arrowhead with ALL of the TF's in existence, and then just firebomb the fuck out of it?

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Can we just fill Arrowhead with ALL of the TF's in existence, and then just firebomb the fuck out of it?

As long as you save some for Pile High and those inbred homers.

Crush
11-04-2012, 03:42 PM

Still patiently waiting for some proof...

Still waiting on the fucking proof.

http://i49.tinypic.com/17a808.jpg

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 03:49 PM

He didn't.

He's been nothing but overly-accepting of the losses, even when the coaching staff have said it's not his fault.

htismaqe
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I was sitting right behind the NE bench when the Parltriots and Chiefs played a few years back...the game when Tom Brady threw 4 picks, 3 of them to Wesley...he lost his cool on that sideline at least 3 times and he is known as one of the cooler headed qbs of this generation.

Before being named Penn State head coach, what was Bill O'Brien's most noteworthy moment? Yep, the shouting match with Brady.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2012, 04:16 PM
As long as you save some for Pile High and those inbred homers.

Agreed.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 04:23 PM
The real worry about this draft is the coaching change that is inevitibly coming...

It's a nice 43 DE draft and if the coaching change happens like it should and they make a move on defense, it's possible that we could see a DE pass rusher versus a QB.

I would fucking freakout if it happened, but there is the possibility.

tredadda
11-04-2012, 04:30 PM
The real worry about this draft is the coaching change that is inevitibly coming...

It's a nice 43 DE draft and if the coaching change happens like it should and they make a move on defense, it's possible that we could see a DE pass rusher versus a QB.

I would ****ing freakout if it happened, but there is the possibility.

If we switch to a 4-3 and start drafting players in the high rounds to fit this before addressing the QB position I will officially be done with this team, especially after all the high picks we have spent in the draft for a 3-4 defense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2012, 04:36 PM
If we switch to a 4-3 and start drafting players in the high rounds to fit this before addressing the QB position I will officially be done with this team, especially after all the high picks we have spent in the draft for a 3-4 defense.

This. And don't EVEN sign another fucking retread. I don't care if it's Brees, Rapelisburger, Manning(either), or the ghost Johnny fucking Unitas.

Enough.

Shag
11-04-2012, 04:44 PM

I would fucking freakout if it happened, but there is the possibility.

There will be a new QB starting for KC next year - I have little doubt of that. My fear is that it's some retread acquired via free agency/trade, without a 1st round QB also being drafted...

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
There will be a new QB starting for KC next year - I have little doubt of that. My fear is that it's some retread acquired via free agency/trade, without a 1st round QB also being drafted...

God I hope not. Enough is enough.

SNR
11-04-2012, 04:51 PM

Why the fuck would you say that?

Pioli's not here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2012, 04:53 PM
Why the fuck would you say that?

Pioli's not here.

Live the dream!

tredadda
11-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Why the **** would you say that?

Pioli's not here.

Carl did the same thing, so it is hard to believe it is all the GM and not some weird sort of organizational belief.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Carl did the same thing, so it is hard to believe it is all the GM and not some weird sort of organizational belief.

Then we deserve every FAIL that comes our way.

SNR
11-04-2012, 05:19 PM

I'm no longer a fan of this team if that happens.

I'm jumping ship. And I won't return even when the Chiefs get good.

Simply Red
11-04-2012, 06:26 PM

yeah.

Simply Red
11-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm no longer a fan of this team if that happens.

I'm jumping ship. And I won't return even when the Chiefs get good.

will you still sext me?

tk13
11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Draft a DE, sign Sanchez after the Jets cut him. Profit.

Crush
11-04-2012, 06:33 PM

http://i49.tinypic.com/35cqsdv.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM

YES!!!!!!LMAO

Chief Roundup
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM

That is not funny on any level.

Chiefspants
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I am unsure of wtf you're talking about, Smith takes more responsibility in the first minute of this press conference (after getting DESTROYED by KSU) than Mat Kasl has in his whole career. He also refuses to point fingers at anyone but himself, and ends the press conference by taking responsibility for WVU's slide.

?v=loT7dtahMIc

So uh, yeah, get outta' here.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I am unsure of wtf you're talking about, Smith takes more responsibility in the first minute of this press conference (after getting DESTROYED by KSU) than Mat Kasl has in his whole career. He also refuses to point fingers at anyone but himself, and ends the press conference by taking responsibility for WVU's slide.

?v=loT7dtahMIc

So uh, yeah, get outta' here.

Geno Smith is a fucking stud.

STUD!

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Geno Smith is a fucking stud.

STUD!

Then why does he make poor decisions against superior opponents?

SNR
11-04-2012, 08:32 PM
The number of poor decisions he's made this season prior to the TCU game can be counted on both hands.

He made 5 or 6 misreads and critical errors against TCU that really hurt. That's the most glaring game, moreso than TT and KState.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM

I'm not sure that poor decisions is something that is entirely on him at this point.

And considering that he was 3-1 TD/INT against a good TCU defense and led his team to a TD in that OT, which was lost on a two point conversion by TCU, I'm not necessarily convinced that he displayed "poor decisions" in that game. Especially when his offensive line was basically a sieve and has been for the past three games. Yes, he forced some stuff that you didn't see previously, but he was getting hammered all game.

And there isn't a QB out there that isn't guilty of forcing it once and a while. Barkley was absolute dog shit versus Stanford. Maybe the worst game of the big three (Smith, Barkley, Wilson) for the entire 2012 season. Wilson has numerous meltdowns this entire season.

If you are taking the TCU game as a measuring stick for a negative against Geno, then you need to do the same for the others as well. And by comparison, he was substantially better than either Barkley or Wilson in their "worst" games of the season.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Watch Barkley's game vs Syracuse. Yuck.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Watch Barkley's game vs Syracuse. Yuck.

But Barkley has thrown 102 TD's versus 39 INT's in his four year career.

That said, he's going to have bad games. Every QB, whether it's Kurt Warner or Warren Moon or Joe Montana or Peyton Manning, has bad games.

Are you really willing to dismiss him because of ONE game, when he has 35+ games in which he's been lights out?

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm not sure that poor decisions is something that is entirely on him at this point.

And considering that he was 3-1 TD/INT against a good TCU defense and led his team to a TD in that OT, which was lost on a two point conversion by TCU, I'm not necessarily convinced that he displayed "poor decisions" in that game. Especially when his offensive line was basically a sieve and has been for the past three games. Yes, he forced some stuff that you didn't see previously, but he was getting hammered all game.

And there isn't a QB out there that isn't guilty of forcing it once and a while. Barkley was absolute dog shit versus Stanford. Maybe the worst game of the big three (Smith, Barkley, Wilson) for the entire 2012 season. Wilson has numerous meltdowns this entire season.

If you are taking the TCU game as a measuring stick for a negative against Geno, then you need to do the same for the others as well. And by comparison, he was substantially better than either Barkley or Wilson in their "worst" games of the season.

Kansas State whooped his ass. He's looked nothing like a Heisman winner this last month, let alone a number one overall pick.

There is plenty of time for him to recover but color me extremely unimpressed. The guy is falling, big time.

Only the homers can't see it.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Not at all. Barkley has struggled for most of this year though. Just throwing that out there really to highlight your point. Every QB is going to have bad games. When evaluating them, you ned to see what they consistently do wrong and then determine if it can be corrected.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Not at all. Barkley has struggled for most of this year though. Just throwing that out there really to highlight your point. Every QB is going to have bad games. When evaluating them, you ned to see what they consistently do wrong and then determine if it can be corrected.

Barkley may have truly fucked himself by staying one more year. He certainly would have been taken before Tannehill and may have given the Shanahan's a second thought about trading up.

That said, USC has some serious flaws. The loss of scholarships is really hitting them hard this year and they've clearly not ascended.

Barkley will be fine. Much like Matt Ryan, he's somewhat of a product of those around him.

I don't know nearly enough about Smith to say the same but to date, I am supremely unimpressed with CP's latest obsession.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Agree with that entire post.

Edit, minus the last part. I've only been unimpressed the last 3 weeks. This week wasn't horrible IIRC but I haven't re-watched it. Or any of those games, for that matter.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Kansas State whooped his ass. He's looked nothing like a Heisman winner this last month, let alone a number one overall pick.

There is plenty of time for him to recover but color me extremely unimpressed. The guy is falling, big time.

Only the homers can't see it.

I'm not a homer. Not even close.

I see a number of traits in his makeup and game that are skills required to succeed at the next level.

Quick release, pocket presence, head up and eyes downfield, great arm and timing on passes, exceptionally quick release, high release point, doesn't give up in the pocket even when he's got guys draped on him, ability to throw to any level of the field easily, etc.

The guy is a total gamer and has the tools. I'm looking at the potential for success at the next level. To me, Smith has those tools.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm not a homer. Not even close.

I see a number of traits in his makeup and game that are skills required to succeed at the next level.

Quick release, pocket presence, head up and eyes downfield, great arm and timing on passes, exceptionally quick release, high release point, doesn't give up in the pocket even when he's got guys draped on him, ability to throw to any level of the field easily, etc.

The guy is a total gamer and has the tools. I'm looking at the potential for success at the next level. To me, Smith has those tools.

Again, I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing a guy that's extremely unimpressive when he plays a pro style defense like K-State.

I think Holgersen is a drunken fool, much to the dismay of many CPer's (the guy would get EATEN ALIVE as an NFL OC).

I'll continue to watch him but again, I am just not seeing it. He's in nowhere near the same class as Tannehill, RGIII, Luck, Newton or even Barkley and Dalton.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Agree with that entire post.

Edit, minus the last part. I've only been unimpressed the last 3 weeks. This week wasn't horrible IIRC but I haven't re-watched it. Or any of those games, for that matter.

Man, I hate to sound like a dick but beating Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor isn't impressive. Not one of those teams has an average defense, let alone an upper echelon defense (not to mention, NFL style defense).

He shit the bed versus Kansas State and Tech and couldn't pull it off against TCU.

I'm just not seeing it.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Man, I hate to sound like a dick but beating Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor isn't impressive. Not one of those teams has an average defense, let alone an upper echelon defense (not to mention, NFL style defense).

He shit the bed versus Kansas State and Tech and couldn't pull it off against TCU.

I'm just not seeing it.

I agree. Texas, LSU last year, Clemson, and Louisville are the games I've watched his snaps and was impressed. Haven't watched all of his tape from last year or this year.

Watched all of Wilson's snaps last year instead and most of Barkley's this year and 7 games from last year.

O.city
11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
One TD against TCU was a ball that should have been intercepted that he threw into double coverage in the end zone where his wr just made a play.

However, I'm not sure how much of his poor play isn't simply based on the fact that the whole offensive passing scheme has been figured out, combined with the fact that they have the worst defense in the NCAA and he is forcing things and passes where he shouldn't.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 09:38 PM
One TD against TCU was a ball that should have been intercepted that he threw into double coverage in the end zone where his wr just made a play.

However, I'm not sure how much of his poor play isn't simply based on the fact that the whole offensive passing scheme has been figured out, combined with the fact that they have the worst defense in the NCAA and he is forcing things and passes where he shouldn't.

And yet, he still only has three interceptions for the entire season.

Forcing passes where he shouldn't and still has only three INTs. Weird.

How many does Barkley have with a substantially better team around him?

How many does Wilson have? (Especially compared to his TD to Int ratio.)

And I think both are fine QB's.

RunKC
11-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Geno has a hard time reading defenses that give him multiple looks. Geno struggled and he also made some really bad passes against TCU. He's lucky he didn't have 3 INT's.

I like Geno though. He's gonna take more time to develop than Barkley but his ceiling is higher.

Sure-Oz
11-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Regardless the Chiefs gotta draft 2 QB's. 1st round and someone a few rounds later

O.city
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Granted Barkley has great skill guys around him, Geno has some pretty good ones himself.

I'm not trying to start a pissing war here man. I'm just saying, the past 3 games, big games for WVU, it seems as if Geno hasn't played very well.

Chiefspants
11-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Barkley may have truly fucked himself by staying one more year. He certainly would have been taken before Tannehill and may have given the Shanahan's a second thought about trading up.

That said, USC has some serious flaws. The loss of scholarships is really hitting them hard this year and they've clearly not ascended.

Barkley will be fine. Much like Matt Ryan, he's somewhat of a product of those around him.

I don't know nearly enough about Smith to say the same but to date, I am supremely unimpressed with CP's latest obsession.

I'm extremely ignorant to Barkley, so please be gentle here, but what separates Barkley from the other system QB's that USC has produced?

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm extremely ignorant to Barkley, so please be gentle here, but what separates Barkley from the other system QB's that USC has produced?

He's been a four year starter under terrible circumstances. USC has lost 15 scholarships per year since the Reggie Bush sanctions three years ago and all that USC has done is win and win big.

He's thrown 102 passes and 39 interceptions. He's not a one year starter like Sanchez or a NO YEAR starter like Cassel.

I think he compares favorably at this point to Matty Ryan, although USC has their biggest test ahead, Bowl season and of course, the Combines ahead.

The final determination of Barkley is still in play.

Chiefspants
11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
He's been a four year starter under terrible circumstances. USC has lost 15 scholarships per year since the Reggie Bush sanctions three years ago and all that USC has done is win and win big.

He's thrown 102 passes and 39 interceptions. He's not a one year starter like Sanchez or a NO YEAR starter like Cassel.

I think he compares favorably at this point to Matty Ryan, although USC has their biggest test ahead, Bowl season and of course, the Combines ahead.

The final determination of Barkley is still in play.

Out of curiosity, if you had to rate your favorites for this draft class, how would the order stack up?

Chocolate Hog
11-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Barkley's biggest game will be against the Notre Dame defense which is good. USC is going to play in some shitty bowl like the Sun Bowl.

DaneMcCloud
11-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Out of curiosity, if you had to rate your favorites for this draft class, how would the order stack up?

Dude, I really can't make a determination because it's so early in the season. Many teams have their toughest games ahead plus Bowl season, so everything could change.

Heading into the season, Barkley was the considered the best QB in the country and I haven't seen anything to change that so far, even though he's had some "bad" games.

IMO, the guy that was hurt the most was Wilson. Petrino made him look like a superstar, so in a way, that may be a blessing in disguise, although I do think he has potential.

I wouldn't touch Bray right now with a 30 foot pole.

Again, it's early and IMO, really too early to be making any sort of judgments about the #1 or #2 overall pick.

Saccopoo
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
IMO, the guy that was hurt the most was Wilson. Petrino made him look like a superstar, so in a way, that may be a blessing in disguise, although I do think he has potential.

I wouldn't touch Bray right now with a 30 foot pole.

Again, it's early and IMO, really too early to be making any sort of judgments about the #1 or #2 overall pick.

That's actually a pretty good call on Wilson.

He's been substandard since Petrino got the boot.

Sorter
11-04-2012, 10:16 PM
His o-line play has been abysmal as well.

Pawnmower
11-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Does this mean we should take another D-Lineman?

cdcox
11-04-2012, 10:30 PM
The problem with this draft class is that none of them has played for the Pats or Browns.